DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Computer Recomendation

pdidy 9:49 PM - 3 September, 2013
"A high end Intel processor isn't necessary, nor is a Mac. The 2.4 ghz Core2Duo Laptop... has 4gb of RAM (upgradeable to 8gb just like a Mac), a 750gb 7200 rpm hard drive, 17" screen all for under $300. It's a Dell M6300 and they have suitable ones on ebay starting at $165. "

www.ebay.com

The laptop will be used to run Serato dj.
Thoughts, opinions, recommendation welcome.....
Certified Quality Entertainment 9:53 PM - 3 September, 2013
From what I see on some of the help threads PC's aren't working that grea with Serato DJ. Especially a "no frills" one if you want to call it that. Also, your library size may hang you up too like a lot of users esepcially without a more powerful machine.

Im not speaking from any experience whatso ever, other than just want I see on the help forums. Also, don't get anything with an AMD processor. Looks like just about everyone is having problems with those and Serato does not really support it.
Certified Quality Entertainment 9:54 PM - 3 September, 2013
Wait...did you copy that from somewhere???? Did I fall in the trap? lol
Laz219 10:09 PM - 3 September, 2013
I believe you did,
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:40 AM - 4 September, 2013
Papa Midnight 2:49 AM - 4 September, 2013
Quote:
Also, your library size may hang you up too like a lot of users esepcially without a more powerful machine.

That issue is affecting everyone, regardless of machine power. The problem is the application crashes at around 1.8GB of RAM usage. We haven't yet determined the cause, but it affects both Windows and OS X users.
Papa Midnight 2:51 AM - 4 September, 2013
Side note: Dude, don't get a Dell.

(May have possibly just dated myself.)
pdidy 3:05 AM - 4 September, 2013
Quote:

Are you referring to the brand or the specific computer in question ?
Papa Midnight 3:22 AM - 4 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Are you referring to the brand or the specific computer in question ?

Brand, with a bit of a shot at this old commercial: Watchwww.youtube.com