DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Soca/Reggae Djs

DJ hustler 3:11 PM - 23 November, 2008
Any hardcore soca ,reggae djs, wanna start a pool via msn or so, west indian background...
djtate 5:32 PM - 23 November, 2008
yea yea look me right here dude,
Deezy 5:40 PM - 23 November, 2008
That would be great. It's hard out there to keep up by yourself. Soca season dunn start already. I would not mind having the Latin crowd on there to. How do we get this started? Never started one before
bourbonstmc 6:04 PM - 23 November, 2008
8th Wonder (mostly a Hot Garbage pool) gets lots of riddims. It's just $10/mo.

www.8thwondercdpool.com

VP records has Reggae & Soca and will put you on their list for free.

www.vprecords-promo.com
Deezy 6:13 PM - 23 November, 2008
Thanks Bourbonstmc for the links
DJ Dynamite - NJ 7:13 PM - 23 November, 2008
good looks on the links bourbon
DJ hustler 9:29 PM - 23 November, 2008
hey link me up RealHuztler@hotmail.com, hardcore west-indian background that know there tunes
DJ_PHAZE 5:28 PM - 24 November, 2008
Eh, Look meh here, How it go look? Link meh. Trini DJ Here.
ILLZ 5:32 PM - 24 November, 2008
I'm in. I'm on a few mailing lists, plus I creep blogs for new updates, but that's nowhere near enough. Soca especially is real hard to keep with.
Jus Jase 8:08 PM - 24 November, 2008
What's up people. Jus Jase from Trinidad here.
I have started my own reggae mp3 servicing pool. I get all the new riddims & singles direct from Jamaica and I supply many of the major mp3 pools out there with all Caribbean music. I am currently in the process of servicing DJs directly so if anyboy is interested hit me up at:

jusjase@gmail.com

and trust me, no other DJ will be able to test you.

Bless!!!

JUS JASE
Tech.Nition ProDj's Worldwide
EBONY 104, TRINIDAD
(The Drive) Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm
(The Jump Off) Sat 4pm-8pm
(Reggae Night) Sun 9pm-12midnight
www.JUSJASE.com
www.myspace.com
www.myspace.com
----------------------------------------------------------
JUS JASE Internet Show (In The Zone) Thurs Nights 9PM EST
on www.4ELEMENTSRADIO.com
Kenny Q 3:03 PM - 25 November, 2008
I'm big time into Soca music. Although I am Cuban American, there are a lot of Jamaican, West Indian and Guyanese people here in Hartford.

I get most of my Soca from people who go back to their Island, VP Record Pool and Promo Only's Caribbean Series.

I'm interested in getting into a pool for Soca music more so than Reggae.
Mic Terror 3:07 PM - 25 November, 2008
I'm gonna have to link Up with you Jus
Jus Jase 8:03 PM - 25 November, 2008
Kenny Q: Link me at jusjase@gmail.com
I specialize in reggae & soca (especially now that Trinidad carnival is right around the corner)

Mic Terror: Whenever you're ready bro!!
Kenny Q 8:24 PM - 25 November, 2008
Will do tonight.

Thanx
Kenny Q 8:25 PM - 25 November, 2008
How about Soca Vidz?
The only ones I have are from Soca Gold 2006-2008.
Jus Jase 1:01 AM - 26 November, 2008
I will enquire about it. Good suggestion.
Mic Terror 2:46 PM - 26 November, 2008
Jus I meant to email you when I got home last night...I'll holla at you later today
Jus Jase 7:42 PM - 26 November, 2008
No prob Terror and big up to everybody who hit me up.
You know tomorrow (Thursday) brings. Hope y'all are ready!!!!!
June Bugg 4:01 AM - 4 February, 2009
Bwoy...I could use that Soca & Reggae Link to Bredren
DJ hustler 7:09 PM - 19 March, 2010
still looking to share tunes, mek di link..... mi haf nuff vybez from ole to gold... RealHuztler@hotmail.com
Caliber 12:25 AM - 20 March, 2010
its real hard to get soca videos, you would have to ask the artist themselves for the video or home they put them on itunes for sales. If you wanna know what's the hottest soca music you can check out www.toronto-lime.com
Dj Mike P. 2:47 AM - 20 March, 2010
Put me down, I nuff Soca, old, new, even old Calypso, and nuff old reggae riddims.

djmikep@live.ca
Dj Farhan 12:29 AM - 23 March, 2010
just started djing soca music, pretty hard to make smooth transitions for me right now, haha
Tunecrew 3:10 AM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:
just started djing soca music, pretty hard to make smooth transitions for me right now, haha

spinning soca is very much like spinning house, except you will probably do more cuts than layered beatmixing - it is 4 on the floor, with intros and breaks and stuff

besides just knowing the popular tunes, the key (if you're playing for a real soca crowd) is to know where to drop the song in - some songs ppl are very familiar with the opening horns, others with a vocal riff, etc. - doing it wrong can kill the energy
djtate 3:28 AM - 23 March, 2010
yea, farhan, learn the music before, i am tired of djs who play soca and mixes the tunes wrong.
Kenny Q 12:43 PM - 23 March, 2010
Quote:

My 14 year old son has been doing it for years. If he can do it, so can you.
Dj Farhan 1:35 AM - 25 March, 2010
haah thanks guys, i guess i just need to put in my share of time and effort...
Rythemic Sounds 7:41 PM - 3 October, 2012
Just wantin a link on the mailing link

Jus Jase, Dj Mike P & Dj Hustler....
Look like allyuh men have all

New soca and reggae/Dancehall is what we lookin for in america..
I normally get it when i in Trinidad, but it would be nice to get a mailing list link since i havent been in a while.. Email- RythemicSounds@Live.com

Bless
MahdFaces 7:04 AM - 7 August, 2013
Hey!

This is great! I'm MahdFaces! And I would love to get on that mailing list also. Looking for a solid connect with Soca and Reggae music. Email - mahdfaces@gmail.com.
Good looking.

Thanks!
Selector Leon (St Kitts & Nevis) 4:00 PM - 11 January, 2015
i would love to get on that mailing list as well SHATTA_LEON@HOTMAIL.COM
RonDu 8:51 PM - 13 January, 2015
Put me on as well. rondu1@gmail.com
Capo Status 9:51 PM - 13 January, 2015
I would like to get in on the service Djcapo845@hotmail.com
DJ. L.A. Styles 12:23 AM - 15 January, 2015
Jus i will also like to get on that list
Alexander12@rogers.com
lee2483 1:40 AM - 22 January, 2015
Put me on that list as well
Lee2483@hotmail.com
PMYSKO 8:55 PM - 22 January, 2015
I'm in djroro@me.com
DJ Barz 7:34 PM - 26 January, 2015
Hook me up!

djbarzTO@gmail.com
DiemOnDeck 1:13 AM - 27 January, 2015
Add Me In

DiemOnDeck@Gmail.com

Good Looks
RonDu 10:52 PM - 28 January, 2015
Didn't there used to be a site where you can download riddims? dancehallzone.net or something like that? I type it but it comes up Dancehallstar.net. Is that the same site?
DJ Benny B NYC 2:37 PM - 30 January, 2015
Quote:
Didn't there used to be a site where you can download riddims? dancehallzone.net or something like that? I type it but it comes up Dancehallstar.net. Is that the same site?

Yes it is
Dj Farhan 2:29 PM - 19 May, 2015
I finally did a dancehall mix! A WAH GWAN! :p soundcloud.com
DonGPB 1:23 PM - 19 October, 2015
Checkout these boys, they are a Dancehall Duo from Zimbabwe, they link up with Trinadad and Tobago @NadiaBatson on this tune called Whine Wit it,

www.audiomack.com
YoungDJRedz 2:48 AM - 14 September, 2016
if you guys are still doing this my email is youngdjredz@gmail.com
DJ. Sugaz 11:48 PM - 20 October, 2016
Hey good Day folks. I was wondering if anyone had a link to a Soca pool, or could i be placed on a mailing list for Soca. Reggae would be awesome as well, but my first interest would be Soca. Thank you.

Email: rnetdna@gmail.com
Dj Farhan 10:50 AM - 28 October, 2016
My 1st jamaican mix. This is more of a chill one, for the puff puff pass times :P But it will get you moving by the end and then Wait till you listen to the 2nd one :p YOu can DL it from that page if you wish :) soundcloud.com
My 2nd installation to my love for carribean music. This mix will take you on a cruise around the carribean and keep you dancing the entire time. I cant believe i covered over 80 songs in 80 mins! so ready? There is a link in the description for you to DL it if you wish. :) www.mixcloud.com
Well finally, i made a soca mix! i have never made a mix that is as fast paced as this mix! Guaranteed to make u sweat your butt off! I dont know if you can handle it after the 1 hr mark. Over 80 tracks. Ready? ;D There is a link in the description for you to DL it if you wish. :) www.mixcloud.com
silentkillahdjlex 9:58 PM - 8 January, 2018
Would love to get on this list Jus Jase,

email: djlex4life@gmail.com

Best,
skulz 3:20 PM - 15 February, 2018
I would also like to get in on this Jus Jase or anybody who got more info can you let us know

email : lekeithl238@gmail,com
RonDu 8:42 PM - 16 February, 2018
This is still a struggle for me since the days of copping 45s and LPs are pretty much gone. Are some of you guys mainly reggae/ soca DJs or what? How are you guy keeping up with all of the these singles and riddims AND other music from other genres? We get like 5 or 6 riddims every week and I can't even tell you how many singles. I have so many riddims and singles with cobwebs that are not seeing the light of day even though some are dope to me.

We have some riddims and singles that don't buss till like 2 years later but how are you guys keeping up? Are you simply playing what everyone else is playing? Is there a secret playlist going around that is dictating what is hot and should be played ( I need to get that list)? We Caribbean people can be pretty harsh when you play the wrong song or riddim so how are you guys testing waters? I normally play 70s - early 2000's when I play but this new stuff, I don't know. I'm trying to keep up but it is a TON of work. To me it's the hardest genre to keep up with.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Secret Caribbean Society?
PMYSKO 7:44 PM - 17 February, 2018
I go to BBM channel for Riddims,
Quote:
This is still a struggle for me since the days of copping 45s and LPs are pretty much gone. Are some of you guys mainly reggae/ soca DJs or what? How are you guy keeping up with all of the these singles and riddims AND other music from other genres? We get like 5 or 6 riddims every week and I can't even tell you how many singles. I have so many riddims and singles with cobwebs that are not seeing the light of day even though some are dope to me.

We have some riddims and singles that don't buss till like 2 years later but how are you guys keeping up? Are you simply playing what everyone else is playing? Is there a secret playlist going around that is dictating what is hot and should be played ( I need to get that list)? We Caribbean people can be pretty harsh when you play the wrong song or riddim so how are you guys testing waters? I normally play 70s - early 2000's when I play but this new stuff, I don't know. I'm trying to keep up but it is a TON of work. To me it's the hardest genre to keep up with.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Secret Caribbean Society?

YARD VYBZ on BBM Channel PIN C003741B9. My pin 7A53A0.
YL 6:23 PM - 31 March, 2018
Quote:
What's up people. Jus Jase from Trinidad here.
I have started my own reggae mp3 servicing pool. I get all the new riddims & singles direct from Jamaica and I supply many of the major mp3 pools out there with all Caribbean music. I am currently in the process of servicing DJs directly so if anyboy is interested hit me up at:

jusjase@gmail.com

and trust me, no other DJ will be able to test you.

Bless!!!

JUS JASE
Tech.Nition ProDj's Worldwide
EBONY 104, TRINIDAD
(The Drive) Mon-Fri 3pm-6pm
(The Jump Off) Sat 4pm-8pm
(Reggae Night) Sun 9pm-12midnight
www.JUSJASE.com
www.myspace.com
www.myspace.com
----------------------------------------------------------
JUS JASE Internet Show (In The Zone) Thurs Nights 9PM EST
on www.4ELEMENTSRADIO.com

- @KSTEWART_87@OUTLOOK.COM
MP3CITY 12:39 PM - 29 October, 2019
Good day, we are a newly launched company that is catering to every DJ worldwide, our pool will be highly consistent with releases from Soca, Calypso, Caribbean, Reggae, Dancehall & much more. We are literally bringing everything ever DJ wants to one pool. We have access to every pool that exists & our pool will be your one stop shop to get all the latest in every single genre without a doubt! "THE FUTURE OF MUSIC IS HERE"

So get Ready as this company soon launches from NYC, to join Email: info@mp3city.com or Text our Promotion Team Member #352-504-2185 / www.mp3city.com
[We are #1 In Soca, Caribbean Music]