Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.3.0 Problems....

DJ MATTY H 5:59 AM - 20 August, 2013
Hey Serato, So when I open Serato DJ it works perfectly fine in library mode with no midi/dj controller plugged in, But when I plug in my NS7 a message comes up saying fatal error and it says that cannot load fx.dll and keeps popping up and wont stop till I close the program. Anyways thank you for your feedback.

-DJ MATTY H
Waddup14 9:09 AM - 20 August, 2013
I have this same problem! Any news on how to fix this issue?
Waddup14 9:09 AM - 20 August, 2013
it tells you to first reinstall, which I have done and still having the same problem.
Maskrider 9:13 AM - 20 August, 2013
Start a Thread in the help section about your problems.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:00 AM - 20 August, 2013
Hey guys,

Not sure why it's doing that. Like Maskrider said you should probably start a help thread. I'll ask our team tommorow what this could be, I'm sure it's no biggie and we can get it sorted out :)
spacebrownie 10:07 AM - 20 August, 2013
Perhaps install the (free) fx pack made available, could be that the dll file looks for it on startup (even though it shouldn't since it's an add-on)
Waddup14 10:29 AM - 20 August, 2013
have just tried this option spacebrownie, there are some open threads in the help section and am currently tracking them to wait for a soution, for now looks like i'll be goin back to 1.2 eventhough i was about to purchase the 1.3 expansion fx :(
spacebrownie 10:33 AM - 20 August, 2013
I was referring to the free fx pack, I think wolfpack they call it. I didn't get the dll error (and since it is an fx dll file, I am assuming it has to do with the recent addition to fx they made). However, DJ 1.3 was still crashing for me, until I uninstalled Itch. But it still remains very stuttery, and it is not because of my computer specs. (so there are problems indeed)
Waddup14 10:55 AM - 20 August, 2013
Yes, I installed the Free FX pack. I will just wait until I know it is resolved
JeriMind 11:28 AM - 20 August, 2013
I have the same problem with the DDJ-SX :(
i reinstalled serato - problem not solve
i installed 1.21 - serato works
i installes 1.3 - serato crashes with and without activated fx (free and backpack)

hope you fixed it very soon
JeriMind 11:32 AM - 20 August, 2013
i got this in windows error event:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: SeratoDJ.exe, Version: 1.3.0.10, Zeitstempel: 0x520c529f
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: MSVCR100.dll, Version: 10.0.40219.1, Zeitstempel: 0x4d5f0c22
Ausnahmecode: 0x40000015
Fehleroffset: 0x0008d6fd
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x814
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01ce9d98b0543406
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Serato\SeratoDJ\SeratoDJ.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Serato\SeratoDJ\MSVCR100.dll
Berichtskennung: f3332bbf-098b-11e3-bec1-2016d8ad8887
VollstΓ€ndiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

and this:

Fehler beim Planen des Softwareschutzdiensts fΓΌr den erneuten Start bei 2113-07-27T11:29:46Z. Fehlercode: 0x80041316.

P.S. my system is windows 8 64bit :)
SG SOUNDS 12:35 PM - 20 August, 2013
Im scared to death to update with all these crashing issues..Currently using 1.1.2 and its running flawlessly with no problems...I love all the new fx and stuff with this new update but fuck that ill wait..To many crashing reports already....
DJ MATTY H 5:15 PM - 20 August, 2013
Hey everyone thank you for the feed back and hit me up when you fix this!!!
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 7:10 PM - 20 August, 2013
Hi. Ive just downloaded the new version of serato DJ 1.3.0 with the new FX packs & it doesnt work. I am so annoyed as i paid & purchased the extra FX pack for the 1.3.0. When i turn my computer on, upload serato in library without DDJ-SX controller on, it all works fine. As soon as i turn my DDJ-SX on, the picture of the 2 decks on the screen are close, 'butt up' next to each other, & doesnt show the beat grids then a message comes up saying 'windows have stop working for serato dj'. Click OK then it shuts down. Ive tried uninstalling it & reinstalling & it still doesnt work. But as soon as i went back to the older version 1.2.1, it works fine. What is going on here?? As i carnt be doing with these sorts of problems as i use this set up to DJ out regularly.

Many Thanks
Alex East 7:27 PM - 20 August, 2013
have the same Problem....
think is a Problem with effects.
spacebrownie 7:31 PM - 20 August, 2013
I get choppy audio playback, and then it crashes.
DJ Da Juan 8:02 PM - 20 August, 2013
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production

+1

I am experiencing the exact same thing but with my Reloop Terminal Mix 2.
I installed 1.3 and purchased the FX packs and I get the exact same windows error message.!
Uninstall 1.3 and install 1.2.1 and everything is good.
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 8:23 PM - 20 August, 2013
DJ Da Juan

I know it's bloody annoying, especially when we have just paid for extra FX effects. I think serato are just using us as guiniapigs to sort out there programming errors. Think we should start a help forum as I can see this being a issue with a lot of people & serato need to pull there finger out & sort this issue out
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:52 PM - 20 August, 2013
Hey guys

Definitely the best way to resolve your issues is to start a help request in the appropriate area. It may seem like you are experiencing the same issues, but there could be many different reasons for you ending up with the same result.

Opening your own help request will allow one of our team to deal specifically with your situation and get to the bottom of it.

Cheers
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 9:06 PM - 20 August, 2013
Aaron E

Yeh, just opened a help request. Hope it gets sorted soon
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:12 PM - 20 August, 2013
Cool man. As you can imagine, we are a bit busy just now, but we'll get to you as fast as we can :)
DJ T ROY 9:22 PM - 20 August, 2013
@ SHAUNY how did you get to the help request, ive been looking for that section, I also emailed someone at support to try and figure this out I saw the update this morning before I went to work couldn't wait to get home and download the upgrade, now I'm sitting hear blown. I getting the same error message.
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 9:30 PM - 20 August, 2013
DJ T ROY

Go into serato online. Go to support, there should be help support. Put in your email address & password when asked & anwser the questions & give description of problem. I've already set up a help forum for serato Dj 1.3.0 not working
DJ T ROY 9:32 PM - 20 August, 2013
Thanks
DJ T ROY 9:45 PM - 20 August, 2013
Ok so I went to my software and clicked on support doing this while online and it just keeps popping up with what kind of controller am I using I do not see any place about help support.
DjCity 9:52 PM - 20 August, 2013
Quote:
Ok so I went to my software and clicked on support doing this while online and it just keeps popping up with what kind of controller am I using I do not see any place about help support.

Mouse over your device and click "Need more help"

Scroll down and on the right side you will see "Request Support" Click on that.

Enter your info and there ya go...
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:55 PM - 20 August, 2013
As above. Thanks guys :)
DJ GENTLEMIX 10:11 PM - 20 August, 2013
Hi, I just installed the update serato and I want to install the new Fx when I click on "online" -> "My Serato" and I enter my email adress and I agree, it blocks nothing happens. Help me please.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:23 PM - 20 August, 2013
Hey DJ GENTLEMIX

Could you possibly upload a screenshot of this to this thread for me?

Thanks
DJ T ROY 11:13 PM - 20 August, 2013
has anyone gotten anything back about what could be wrong is it gonna be fixed soon?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:09 AM - 21 August, 2013
Hey everybody

We are currently investigating this issue and we are finding a consistency of processor type for users experiencing the djfx.dll error message. We need to get as much evidence of this as possible to be certain.

Could everybody on this thread who is experiencing a djfx.dll error please list your full computer specs, specifically including processor type and OS version. We are taking this very seriously so please only post the specs for machines that are getting a djfx.dll error message.

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Aaron
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 8:56 AM - 21 August, 2013
Aaron E

Im running Windows 7 professional edition O/S

Laptop is, Intel duel core i5-3230M Processor/2.60Ghz Turbo boost to 3.20
4 GB memory

Tried loading serato version 1.3.0 again this morning. It starting working but as i went through the effects it crashed & stop working again. I think its something to do with the new FX packs. Ive took pictures of the error file of the screen which i will attach to my help forum

Thanks
PSYKO 9:15 AM - 21 August, 2013
just adding my 2 cents here, but mine works fine until I got to change one of the fx, then as soon as I click on the fx I want it crashes
DJKentaa 1:16 PM - 21 August, 2013
is this just for pc owners or ppl with mac experienced the same? ... tell me before i make an upgrade... scared as hell here now :(
Phil3345 1:52 PM - 21 August, 2013
Im hoping i dont get any crashes tonight .Im using macbook pro so fingers crossed .
SG SOUNDS 2:23 PM - 21 August, 2013
Quote:
is this just for pc owners or ppl with mac experienced the same? ... tell me before i make an upgrade... scared as hell here now :(

Im scared as fuck too...but it seems like its mostly pc owners with the problems..take a chance if you use a mac and let us know....
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 3:07 PM - 21 August, 2013
Sorry to tell you this but I have seen on the forums that people have got the same problem with the mac. If it was me playing out tonight I would go back to the older version 1.2.1 for now just in case
DJKentaa 3:39 PM - 21 August, 2013
so wheres 1.2.1 available for download? :P
DJ GENTLEMIX 3:40 PM - 21 August, 2013
Quote:
Hey DJ GENTLEMIX

Could you possibly upload a screenshot of this to this thread for me?

Thanks

how can I send it to you? thanks
ToNyM 3:43 PM - 21 August, 2013
Well at least Im glad Im not the only one having the same problem. Mine worked for abotu 30minutes and all of the sudded it started crashing. Now as soon as I turn on my DDJSX it crashes. I have re isntalled and updated my firmaware again on the controller and nothing. I hoep they get this fixed quick .
ToNyM 3:44 PM - 21 August, 2013
Quote:
so wheres 1.2.1 available for download? :P

I just found it on under the Serato DJ Download Archive.
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 3:44 PM - 21 August, 2013
DJ Kentaa

My 1.2.1 version was still in my downloaded files so I uninstalled 1.3.0 & reinstalled 1.2.1
DJ Quartz 4:23 PM - 21 August, 2013
This must be a windows specific issue.

Especially when it points to a dll file.
TheSilverStreak 5:05 PM - 21 August, 2013
Has anyone noticed this in the 1.3.0 release notes? Way down at the bottom it says:

"MIDI mapping of the Autoloop range shift buttons (< and >) unfortunately has been broken and users will need to remap them."

What? Am I misunderstanding something? It reads as if to say, "we broke something in this new upgrade, but you (the end user) should fix it."

Can anyone from Serato please respond? Thanks.
Alex East 6:43 PM - 21 August, 2013
where can i find the help threads???
how is the current state?

using PIONEER DDJ-SX:
serato dj 1.2.x is crashed only by changing effects.
now serato dj crashes immediately upon starting the software (controller plugged in) or switch on the controller.

think its a Problem with the new effect feature.
is that possible?

i've read, its problematically to use a big library?!
nik39 8:30 PM - 21 August, 2013
Quote:
Has anyone noticed this in the 1.3.0 release notes? Way down at the bottom it says:

"MIDI mapping of the Autoloop range shift buttons (< and >) unfortunately has been broken and users will need to remap them."

What? Am I misunderstanding something? It reads as if to say, "we broke something in this new upgrade, but you (the end user) should fix it."

Uhm... No. It reads like: Sorry, we could not fix it in time. Here is a workaround until we have fixed the issue.
TheSilverStreak 8:42 PM - 21 August, 2013
Wouldn't it have made more sense to fix it before releasing the upgrade? Considering how many problems the end users are having with 1.3.0, it seems the release was premature.
nik39 8:46 PM - 21 August, 2013
You will never have a full bug free version.
TheSilverStreak 8:49 PM - 21 August, 2013
Agreed. But we're hardly talking about bug-free.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:38 PM - 21 August, 2013
Quote:

Perhaps the wording of this statement could have been clearer. What this is referring to is that IF you have MIDI-mapped these buttons to a generic MIDI controller, your own personal mapping of these buttons will no longer work.

To fix it, you will simply need to re-map these buttons to your generic MIDI controller. There was some work done on these two elements which unavoidably meant that user mappings will no longer trigger them (until they are re-mapped).

I hope this is clear, but let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Cheers
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:42 PM - 21 August, 2013
With regard to the original topic of this help request. Anyone encountering the djfx.dll error needs to give me their computer specs.

@Shauny and others who are able to open Serato DJ, but then get a crash when engaging effects, I'm afraid this is a different issue and it would be best for you to open your own help request as each specific setup is important for this one. Also have a look at some other user cases for possible solutions to your issue.

We'll get to you all as fast as we can.

Cheers
TheSilverStreak 9:54 PM - 21 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Has anyone noticed this in the 1.3.0 release notes? Way down at the bottom it says:...

Perhaps the wording of this statement could have been clearer. What this is referring to is that IF you have MIDI-mapped these buttons to a generic MIDI controller, your own personal mapping of these buttons will no longer work.

To fix it, you will simply need to re-map these buttons to your generic MIDI controller. There was some work done on these two elements which unavoidably meant that user mappings will no longer trigger them (until they are re-mapped).

I hope this is clear, but let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Cheers

Agreed, the wording on the release notes was misleading. Since I didn't MIDI-map these to an outside controller, it's not an issue for me personally. But I must admit the wording set off an alarm. Perhaps that can be updated. Your clarification is greatly appreciated!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:03 PM - 21 August, 2013
We will be amending the wording of this statement shortly to read:

Due to work done on the Autoloop range shift buttons (< and >), user mappings of these for third party MIDI controllers will not work. Simply re-mapping these buttons will resolve this for all future use.

Thanks for the heads up guys :)
pdidy 1:11 AM - 22 August, 2013
@Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production
Quote:
Sorry to tell you this but I have seen on the forums that people have got the same problem with the mac.

could you please provide a link to that ?
geminimech 2:06 AM - 22 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry to tell you this but I have seen on the forums that people have got the same problem with the mac.

I have a better request. Show me an OSX application that makes use of dll's.
pdidy 2:08 AM - 22 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

C'mon why you gonna spoil the joke....lol
samirdj 6:07 AM - 22 August, 2013
Greetings, I have the same problem too, try reinstalling Serato Dj from Zero and the fault persists after reinstalling serato dj open to change FXs closes, after that to detect my pioneer DDJ SX, crashes and closes itself , working under Windows 7 64 bit, 2.4 ghz Laptop DELL first generation i5, 4 ​​GB RAM, 320 Hard Drive ...
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 7:40 AM - 22 August, 2013
It's on Facebook serato group. Descussion under 1.3.0 upgrade
pdidy 8:20 AM - 22 August, 2013
Quote:
It's on Facebook serato group. Descussion under 1.3.0 upgrade

really......

hey i have a good idea, could you copy and paste it here so we can all see it ?
TVK 9:06 AM - 22 August, 2013
As requested my computer specs

Intel Core i5 - 2557M 1.7 GHz
4 GB Ram
Windows 8 64bit
128gb SSD

Crashing when I plug in my DDJ-SX
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:20 AM - 22 August, 2013
Quote:

Hi TVK

Thanks for posting your specs. Are you receiving an error message saying 'can't load/read djfx.dll'?

Cheers
dj20cent 1:29 PM - 22 August, 2013
As requested my computer specs

Intel Core i7 - 1.7 GHz to 2.6 turbo boost
8 GB Ram
Windows 7 64bit
500gb

serato 1.3 but also 1.2.1 (only works with serato 1.1.1.11)
buy 2 fx pack (in 1.3)
also serato remote not working (i test view all technical forum ...)

no message "djfx.dll"

I'm really disappointed
I am a customer for a long time
I never had much problem
that's incredible
in brief
SERATO DJ is a crap

(I never should sell my turntables (technics 1210 mk2) and my sl3)
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 2:11 PM - 22 August, 2013
It won't let me copy the photo of the screen that he has taken. Take a look for yourself. It's in serato Dj group. Go down to Dj 1.3.0 picture, click on it. It will show 326 comments. Towards the end of the comments you'll see a man named Kohdi rayne. See for yourself.
Joee 2:16 PM - 22 August, 2013
it has to the the computer, i upgraded & all is working fine no issues no crashes for me, on a mac
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 2:33 PM - 22 August, 2013
Just found another comment. Ill paste

I want a phone number .. All this email back and fort with no real result is driving me crazy ... This was a big step to take now its like I'm going backwards ... New MacBook new ddj sx and can't play for more the 20mins this has to be a joke ...
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 2:45 PM - 22 August, 2013
Have you paid for the extra back pack FX?
Joee 2:47 PM - 22 August, 2013
^ no just the free wolf pack
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 2:53 PM - 22 August, 2013
Ahhhh. I see. I paid for the extra pack & it crashes when I'm playing a loop out of the paid FX pack
DJ T ROY 8:16 PM - 22 August, 2013
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH SHAUNY THIS IS BULL ITS BEEN WHAT THREE DAYS BACK AND FORTH AND SEEMS TO BE GOING NO WHERE WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT SPECS ARE ON MY LAPTOP THE PROBLEM IS HAPPENING ON EVERYONE'S MAC OR PC OR WHATEVER/ THIS ISNT ONE PARTICULAR PROBLEM ON A CERTIN PERSON'S COMPUTER EVERYONE HERE IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, I'M UPSET WITH THIS UPGRADE YOU HAVE BEEN GETTING THE SAME COMPLAINT ABOUT THIS STUPID ERROR MESSAGE THAT IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE FX MINES WONT PLAY I CAN LOAD SONGS FROM THE CRATES WITH MY MIDI BUT I PRESS PLAY AND NOTHING AND NOW THAT I NEEDED SOMETHING I UNINSTALLED 1.3 AND TRYED TO GO BACK TO 1.2.1 AND IT WONT LET ME IT ONLY INSTALLS 1.1.2 THIS IS LIKE THE FIRST ONE THAT CAME OUT IM NOT VERY HAPPY INSTEAD ASKING WHAT TYPE OF SPECS WE HAVE GIVE US AN ANSWER TO WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON WITH THE NEW FX SOFTWARE THERE IS A MAJOR PROBLEM WE WANT ANSWERS
geminimech 9:13 PM - 22 August, 2013
WHAT??!!

They know it's happening. That should be very obvious by now. By providing the specs, they may be able to isolate the problem to a particular architecture, which in turn could help them debug the code quicker. This is clearly a huge issue that will require remediation as soon as possible. In other words, chill man. You screaming isn't going to re-write the source code any quicker and you should give them more credit if you think they aren't working on it with haste.
Joee 9:18 PM - 22 August, 2013
is this a fx issue with the fx you pay for? because 1.3 is working fine for me without the payed fx
ToNyM 9:42 PM - 22 August, 2013
Joee -
I dont think so, I got the free FX package and it worked for about 30 minutes, after that everything went down hill. Good thing I stopped myself from buying the other FX until I tried out the free ones.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:53 PM - 22 August, 2013
Quote:
EVERYONE HERE IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM

I wish this were true DJ T ROY. Unfortunately though, there seems to be a fair amount of confusion on some of these threads. This is one of the main reasons that we ask users to start their own help requests and give us as much information as possible so we can accurately determine what the issue is for each user.

We are then able to identify commonalities (if existant) and bring users together who are experiencing the same problem for speed of information sharing. Regrettably, there has been a single new issue emerge with the release of SDJ 1.3 with the reading of djfx.dll by AMD Windows machines.

Unfortunately, there are also other causes for getting a djfx.dll error message and also for having crashes when using effects. None of these are related to the main issue at hand which is specific to AMD machines

Panic is extremely unhelpful during any difficulty and this one is no exception. We really need everybody's help in getting this resolved as fast as possible by taking the time to think through their particular issue and joining the appropriate area where we are dealing with it.

Time spent discussing meta-processes like this is time we could all be spending nailing the issues users are facing, whatever they may be.

Thanks
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:55 PM - 22 August, 2013
For everybody using an AMD machine who is getting a can't read djfx.dll error message, it would be helpful if you could go to this thread and track it: serato.com

That is where I am going to focus when I have information to share.

Cheers
DJ Oasys 10:31 PM - 22 August, 2013
Tested SDJ 1.3 for 3 hours today with effect/s enable no issues with 15inch MBP 2012. Thanks Serato :)
DJ Quartz 11:39 PM - 22 August, 2013
Quote:
We are then able to identify commonalities (if existant) and bring users together who are experiencing the same problem for speed of information sharing. Regrettably, there has been a single new issue emerge with the release of SDJ 1.3 with the reading of djfx.dll by AMD Windows machines.

Ok for everyone that has an AMD machine and is critizing SDJ, I will slap them!

It says RIGHT in the spec requirements NOT to use AMD based machines due to compatibility issues.

So it's NOT entirely Serato's fault, RTM
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:06 AM - 23 August, 2013
Cheers for the support and re-up Quartz :)
Phil3345 12:12 AM - 23 August, 2013
Just thought id add my bit.Worked last night 5 hour set .No problem tho I didnt use 2 effects as it causes the cpu light to come on and distort.Apart from that worked perfectly .By the way Macbook pro 2011 model
DJ dVO 12:50 AM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
DJ Kentaa

My 1.2.1 version was still in my downloaded files so I uninstalled 1.3.0 & reinstalled 1.2.1

You know all you could have done was to rename your old version and download and install the new one without have it overwrites everything. That's how I do it.
pdidy 4:36 AM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Ok for everyone that has an AMD machine and is critizing SDJ, I will slap them!

It says RIGHT in the spec requirements NOT to use AMD based machines due to compatibility issues.

So it's NOT entirely Serato's fault, RTM

let me post it for them because apparently they did not read it.....
serato.com
serato.com
pdidy 4:40 AM - 23 August, 2013
oh, btw my macbook pro 2008 - flawless.......macbook air 2011 - flawless
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 6:43 AM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:

You know all you could have done was to rename your old version and download and install the new one without have it overwrites everything. That's how I do it.

Did it all work for you? With FX effects
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 7:02 AM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Another unhappy mac man

Thought I'd throw my bit in, like many others when 1.3 came out I jumped on it even bought the additional fx. Plugged it all in opened serato dj turned on ddjsx and nothing, didnt even get my 2 virtual decks so uninstalled 1.3 and went back to 1.2 till this is all resolved. I'm using:

MacBook Pro 2012
8gb ram
1tb int hd
Got over 500gb left on drive

Hope it's resolved soon.. πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 7:04 AM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Another unhappy mac man

Thought I'd throw my bit in, like many others when 1.3 came out I jumped on it even bought the additional fx. Plugged it all in opened serato dj turned on ddjsx and nothing, didnt even get my 2 virtual decks so uninstalled 1.3 and went back to 1.2 till this is all resolved. I'm using:

MacBook Pro 2012
8gb ram
1tb int hd

Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 7:04 AM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Another unhappy mac man

MacBook Pro 2012
8gb ram
1tb int hd

pdidy 8:07 AM - 23 August, 2013
So thats 3 mac users on serato facebook page that you have verified to be experiencing the
"SDJ 1.3 djfx.dll error message" which is causing their laptop to crash ?
Pete Input 9:16 AM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:

Plugged it all in opened serato dj turned on ddjsx and nothing, didnt even get my 2 virtual decks so uninstalled 1.3 and went back to 1.2 till this is all resolved.

Shauny, i think i can help you... :)
- Download 1.3.
- Connect your gear
- POWER UP your controller
- OPEN Serato dj

This is the RIGHT order to do it. If you first open SDJ and then SX, it doesn't work...
Phil3345 3:00 PM - 23 August, 2013
Macs DO NOT USE .DLL files WINDOWS ONLY !!!!!
DJ Quartz 3:02 PM - 23 August, 2013
1.3 is working fine for me over here as well on MacOSX 10.8.4

I'm using the free pack, haven't purchased the wolf pack yet.
DJ Quartz 3:05 PM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
Cheers for the support and re-up Quartz :)

Sorry that is the tech coming out in me. Don't bitch if you don't read and adhere to the basic requirements.
pdidy 3:36 PM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
Macs DO NOT USE .DLL files WINDOWS ONLY !!!!!

Shhh......
Joee 3:52 PM - 23 August, 2013
nik39 3:58 PM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
serato.com

Is there really such a need for you to troll around? The mac vs PC war is sooooo played out.
Joee 4:16 PM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
serato.com

Is there really such a need for you to truth around? The mac vs PC war is sooooo played out.
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 7:33 PM - 23 August, 2013
- Download 1.3.
- Connect your gear
- OPEN Serato dj

This is the RIGHT order to do it. If you first open SDJ and then SX, it doesn't work...

Has this worked for you? Do you have the wolf pack & back pack?
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 7:38 PM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
So thats 3 mac users on serato facebook page that you have verified to be experiencing the
"SDJ 1.3 djfx.dll error message" which is causing their laptop to crash ?

Obviously it isn't!...... That is repeated. That was my phone that didn't send.
C.J. the D.J. 7:46 PM - 23 August, 2013
I'm running a pentium machine and getting laggy playback that finally ends with crashing.
Intel Core Duo T7250 @ 2.00GHz
4GB of memory, 32bit operating system

This is especially frustrating as I have a Twitch and this is the first version of the software that is supposed to support it.

I'll submit a help ticket but I'll definitely be using Itch tonight.
DJ Quartz 7:49 PM - 23 August, 2013
Just curious, what is your USB latency set to?
PSYKO 12:32 AM - 24 August, 2013
ok so bit of an update, serato dj was working fine, letting me change fx and everything, then it crashed when I changed to the next effect hahaha, how ever now it crashes when ever I start up my ddjsx, serato dj loads fine. then when I turn on the ddjsx it crashes, it also crashes when I start sdj with the ddjsx running it also crashes
PSYKO 12:32 AM - 24 August, 2013
sdj was working fine before 1.3 by the way
DJ MA-Produce 1:30 AM - 24 August, 2013
They are saying its it not compatible with AMD, but why are Intel, and Mac users having an issue. It's like the software isn't compatible with its controllers. I can open SDJ 1.3 with no controller, works and plays music fine. As soon as I turn on my DDJSX it crashes. I Have the latest firmware installed, and it worked flawless with 1.2.

@ DJ Quartz it doesn't matter what I set it at, I get the same result.

I'm an Intel user:
Asus G74sx Republic of Gamers laptop
I7 2.0-2.4 boost ghz 8gig ram, 1TB(500Gb free)
Nvidia graphics
Pete Input 2:06 AM - 24 August, 2013
Quote:
- Download 1.3.
- Connect your gear
- OPEN Serato dj

Has this worked for you? Do you have the wolf pack & back pack?

Yes, it's working.
First i do the same that you do and nothing happened. Then i try it other way, so i powered my controller first and then opening SDJ. That worked.
I have Wolf Pack and Back Pack.
I'm with MAC + VCI-380.
Shauny 'C' 2MixedUp Production 7:29 AM - 24 August, 2013
Quote:
ok so bit of an update, serato dj was working fine, letting me change fx and everything, then it crashed when I changed to the next effect hahaha, how ever now it crashes when ever I start up my ddjsx, serato dj loads fine. then when I turn on the ddjsx it crashes, it also crashes when I start sdj with the ddjsx running it also crashes

That's exactly what I get with my DDJ-SX
DJ Quartz 5:06 PM - 24 August, 2013
Quote:
hey are saying its it not compatible with AMD, but why are Intel, and Mac users having an issue. It's like the software isn't compatible with its controllers. I can open SDJ 1.3 with no controller, works and plays music fine. As soon as I turn on my DDJSX it crashes. I Have the latest firmware installed, and it worked flawless with 1.2.

Granted, different situation of course.
DJ Quartz 5:07 PM - 24 August, 2013
I'm not having an issue with 1.3 + NS7FX.

It will take some investigation on Serato's and Pioneers part.
D.J Anthony 3:23 AM - 7 June, 2014
Hi all,
I am having a small problem and i was hopping that you guys could point me in the right direction on how to fix it. I am using a Mac book pro with a DDJSX mixer. When ever i click and drag a song to a deck the little green plus + sign appears and it does not drop the song into the deck instead my computer freezes with that green plus sign. I have restarted my computer and it keeps happening over and over. Has anyone ever had this problem and if so what can i do to fix this problem?
And my serato dj software is also updated and it is still happening

Thanks,
D.J Anthony
Davideon 5:35 AM - 7 June, 2014
Quote:
Hi all,
I am having a small problem and i was hopping that you guys could point me in the right direction on how to fix it. I am using a Mac book pro with a DDJSX mixer. When ever i click and drag a song to a deck the little green plus + sign appears and it does not drop the song into the deck instead my computer freezes with that green plus sign. I have restarted my computer and it keeps happening over and over. Has anyone ever had this problem and if so what can i do to fix this problem?
And my serato dj software is also updated and it is still happening

Thanks,
D.J Anthony

What are your pc specs?
D.J Anthony 11:13 AM - 7 June, 2014
I don't know what my pc specs are like. I was not able to check them when my computer froze. What would the specs have to do with it...??
Davideon 3:10 PM - 7 June, 2014
The specs could have everything to do with your problem. So you don't know the specs of the mac book? Go to About This Mac
D.J Anthony 5:04 PM - 7 June, 2014
i know what they are what i am saying is that i did not check them yet? what does it have to do with the plus sign freezing?
Davideon 5:31 PM - 7 June, 2014
you know what they are but haven't checked them? Are they a secret?
pdidy 1:51 AM - 8 June, 2014
Quote:

based on D.J Anthony's odd replies, my educated guess is he does not know what "specs" are, what "his" specs are, how to find them or the obvious connection between pc specs and his issue. Its difficult to help someone who does not understand the basics but wants step by step detailed info on why you're asking the question....carry on, this is funny as hell...lol
Davideon 9:01 AM - 8 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

based on D.J Anthony's odd replies, my educated guess is he does not know what "specs" are, what "his" specs are, how to find them or the obvious connection between pc specs and his issue. Its difficult to help someone who does not understand the basics but wants step by step detailed info on why you're asking the question....carry on, this is funny as hell...lol

True. In order to identity the cause of such a problem, specs are one of the fundamentals. These should be known before moving onto the advanced area of "Firmware Version", and the complex world of "Serato DJ version".