Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Twitter Quartz Instructional Video

Dokumentary 1:49 AM - 2 August, 2013
Hey guys, I've been getting lots of questions about installing and customizing the new Twitter quartzes. I realize that it can be confusing for first time users. That's why Xplicit and I have created a way to download and use the quartz without any knowledge of the Quartz Composer program. You don't even need to have QC installed on your Mac. Also you no longer need to host the feed link on your own website. This is a super simple way to get your Twitter feed working again. I made a quick instructional video to show you guys how to download, install, and customize the Twitter feed. There's 2 parts.

Part 1 shows the basics. No need for Quartz Composer
youtu.be

Part 2 shows you how to open the quartz in QC and make permanent alterations.
youtu.be

www.vjxplicit.com is the place to go for the newest quartzes. His site has just been retooled and is working great. Hit up VJ Xplicit for any issues regarding his site.
Hit me up for customization and keep an eye out here for new quartzes and other really cool stuff.

If you're a Video DJ and your not using this, you're missing out on a really cool, interactive way to market yourself and interact with your crowd/fans.

Here's a vid of the newest quartzes in action.
Watchwww.youtube.com
Dokumentary 7:26 AM - 2 August, 2013
I have no idea why the links don't work but I'll try again...

Part 1
Watchwww.youtube.com

Part 2
Watchwww.youtube.com
controversial 11:02 PM - 2 August, 2013
great job, any plans with instagram?
Dj TopDonn 3:25 AM - 3 August, 2013
For some reason I cant log into the Subscribers section keeps saying u don't have permission I have registered though and even tried with facebook. It allows me to log in with facebook but won't get to the subscribers page.
djclaudinho 5:26 AM - 4 August, 2013
Am i doing something wrong?
because i'm still not getting tweets
input parameters
enable v
www address-www.vjxplicit.com
Allow t in hours-8
Enable D pictures v
My username - @OblivionEventos

also tried:
input parameters
enable v
www address-www.oblivion.com.br
Allow t in hours-8
Enable D pictures v
My username - @OblivionEventos

Please need help.

thanks
controversial 4:09 PM - 4 August, 2013
@Dj TopDonn you have to pay for the $20 hosting service fee at vjexplisit site but its well worth it cuase then you canuse both the facebook and the twitter feed
DJ Tone (ATL's Own) 4:17 PM - 17 August, 2013
How do we get registered for Xplicit's site? I need this is my show STAT!!!
DJ Tone (ATL's Own) 10:39 PM - 17 August, 2013
I was unable to pay through the "purchase" page, however I did pay through the "donate" link on the "quartz" page. Should I have not done that? I am also getting the following statement "You do not have permission to access this page."
djianl 1:30 PM - 18 August, 2013
I asked him on Facebook, he's upgrading his server to allow more users so hopefully should be able to purchase by Monday.
Joshua Carl 4:52 PM - 19 August, 2013
what i wouldnt give for the ability to BLOCK USERS.

had an excellent saturday, lots of pictures of smoking girls and party people.
and 1 dude throws up a dick picture.

obviously i shut the pic feed off.
but girls were coming up, what happend to my pictures???
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:36 PM - 26 August, 2013
Thanks for all the hard work and videos. I couldn't figure out how to resize my name for the life of me, lol!
ta2423 10:34 AM - 27 August, 2013
A few hours work and some QC editing and ready to go for the weekend. Excellent work putting this all together.
ta2423 5:39 AM - 29 August, 2013
Quote:
Thanks for all the hard work and videos. I couldn't figure out how to resize my name for the life of me, lol!

Spent about half an hour on that one, but got it and I don't know how. Ended up happy with this so far. twitter.com
Dudley D 6:02 AM - 24 September, 2013
Does this only work with Mix Emergency?
ta2423 11:49 PM - 24 September, 2013
Quote:

Correct as far as I know. Takes quartz comp. overlay In which M.E. has.
GRiNDBoX 1:51 PM - 26 September, 2013
Quote:

yup
ta2423 12:41 AM - 22 October, 2013
Doesn't work at all lately... Whats up? I think a few of us paid the $20 for hosting and so far left in the dark. Is a fix coming soon?
controversial 2:51 AM - 22 October, 2013
word i cant get anything to work twitter or facebook
Joshua Carl 5:53 AM - 22 October, 2013
There's new files on the page u have to download with new codes
controversial 1:08 PM - 22 October, 2013
thanks Joshua ill try tonight
djpuma_gemini 3:27 PM - 22 October, 2013
Can we use this with our own RSS hosting, like the old qtz file from a few months back?
Dokumentary 4:12 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Can we use this with our own RSS hosting, like the old qtz file from a few months back?

I don't think so. The ones on Xplicit's site work specifically with his system. Including the ones I designed. I've been having the same issues too. Maybe I'll re-post the ones I made using FunkyT's original work around. (Where you host your own RSS feed)

Maybe I'll make some new ones too. (For both Xplicit's & Funky-T's systems) I think it's about time for a refresh. Any suggestions on design/layout?

In the mean time, I'm gonna follow Joshua's advice and download the new files from VJXplicit.com
Dokumentary 4:14 AM - 23 October, 2013
The new files seem to work! Thanks Josh.
Joshua Carl 5:24 AM - 23 October, 2013
Yeah, i had a 4.5 hour gig saturday night, not a glitch, not a dropout using the 720p one
ta2423 6:00 AM - 23 October, 2013
+1 Thank you. Was wondering why it wouldnt run all weekend.
GRiNDBoX 8:44 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:

for xplicits subscribers u need to download those...:)
djpuma_gemini 3:16 PM - 23 October, 2013
I use the old style that Dokumentary and Funky T made and the only issue I see if you can visibly see the text box where the tweets are.
Unless I'm using an old version.
It's like the opacity can't go to 0 or 100 whichever the right way is.
djianl 6:50 PM - 23 October, 2013
I have the new version but i've noticed a bug!

If i add swear words to the filter then it disables the twitter photos displaying.
If i delete the swear words the photos reappear.
Joshua Carl 7:56 PM - 23 October, 2013
shoot that over to xplicit
ta2423 12:40 AM - 24 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

for xplicits subscribers u need to download those...:)

Did this and have it going. Shows tweeted pics but not the wording of the tweet.
What am I missing here?
ta2423 9:28 PM - 24 October, 2013
Screen Shot
sdrv.ms
controversial 1:47 AM - 25 October, 2013
how can I use the instagram feed i have my id yet nothing shows up is there a way to use it with a hashtag?
ta2423 10:36 PM - 25 October, 2013
Found the issue if anyone has just downloaded the compositions and having the same problems.
sdrv.ms