DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

VCI 380 Color RGB Pad Midi Out Values

nikodb 6:18 AM - 31 July, 2013
Hey guys...anybody having the color RGB values of the 380s MIDI Out please share...

I looked for them at the Vestax Online manual with no luck

Cheers
Nik
Profbx 11:00 AM - 31 July, 2013
Basically it is the same note value as the input, but on the output 0-127 to cycle colors-I forget what the actual values are since it has been a year since I mapped it, but you can figure it out pretty easy. It goes in steps of like 7 or so for bright/dim. So, it would be 0-6 dim color, 7-12 bright color, 13-19 next color dim..........or something like that.

Hopefully my foggy recollection helps.
J.J. 6:57 AM - 1 August, 2013
Taken from my old notes here www.poweronplay.com

This was for Traktor for 0-127, but it should work for Scratch Live. I will start on the VCI-380 mapper next week for Scratch Live.

MIDI Color Range PADS (Channel 8 left, 9 right)
Min Max Color
16-23 Light Blue
24-31 Blue
32-39 Light Green
40-47 Green
48-55 Light Turquoise
56-63 Turquoise
64-71 Light Red
72-79 Red
80-87 Light Purple
88-95 Purple
96-103 Light Yellow
104-111 Yellow
112-119 Light White
120-127 White

I will probably start with something simple like the example below. For the First Cue Point on the left Deck (MIDI Channel 8), light red when no Cue Point is recognized (value="0" for no LED) and RED when there is a saved Cue 1. control="74" is obviously wrong.
Quote:

<Output name="Cue Point 1 A">
<On channel="8" event_type="Control Change" control="74" value="72" />
<Off channel="8" event_type="Control Change" control="74" value="64" />
</Output>
nikodb 3:32 PM - 1 August, 2013
Quote:

Quote:
Taken from my old notes here www.poweronplay.com
</Output>

Thanks a lot JJ, Appreciate the help...it would be such a waste of time looking randomly for which number corresponds to which color...

My experience is very limited yet...so i am working on top of the Vestax XML...not quite sure what you mean on the last paragraph, I did not modify any control values there...

However i do remember midi channel being 10 instead of 8 on the 1st Cue Point on Deck A for Midi In...had to change that on the output command only and make it 8 to work for Midi Out ( i copy-paste from Midi In and make the Midi output commands - still left it as 10 on the MIDI In)...That way it seemed to be working as expected on a random color i put there at the time...Do not have that particular xml handy...but will post the code when i can...

Cheers and thanks for the help
Nik
nikodb 3:35 PM - 1 August, 2013
Quote:
Basically it is the same note value as the input, but on the output 0-127 to cycle colors-I forget what the actual values are since it has been a year since I mapped it, but you can figure it out pretty easy. It goes in steps of like 7 or so for bright/dim. So, it would be 0-6 dim color, 7-12 bright color, 13-19 next color dim..........or something like that.

Hopefully my foggy recollection helps.

Thanks a lot man...any input helps :) I have no idea what so ever besides Konixs guide which gave me the overview of how to do things...Big Ups for him also...:)

Cheers
Nik
nikodb 2:07 AM - 2 August, 2013
Disregard the channel 10-8 thing...it has something to do with the layers running the SP6 on top...beats me completely :)
Zeekay 6:11 AM - 14 October, 2013
have you guys made the leds work in the vci?
got dlink?
nikodb 2:55 PM - 14 October, 2013
I gave up :D sold tha dmn vci...and waiting for an SL4 to arrive :) i did manage to get some things work properly according to the konix video guide and sticky but way too complex and tome consuming for me....check the video and sticky on scratch live presets if you havent...

Cheers
Nik
Zeekay 6:11 AM - 16 October, 2013
is it that complicated just to have the hot cues with the led done?
like the fx depth fx on and hot cues are the only things i need through midi
nikodb 11:08 PM - 17 October, 2013
i did manage to light up those hot cues as supposed to...If thats all you looking for you should be fine with Konix guide...I did gave up the rest though as the vci has a tone of features to be led besides the hot cues...thats what i meant...You should be alright for hot cues...just check Konix stickie and video for instructions..
Dokumentary 3:46 AM - 14 November, 2013
I just got mine set up after some help from this thread and the Konix vid. Here's what i did.

<Output name="Cue Point 1 A">
<On channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="60" value="72" />
<Off channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="60" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 2 A">
<On channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="61" value="106" />
<Off channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="61" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 3 A">
<On channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="62" value="40" />
<Off channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="62" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 4 A">
<On channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="63" value="56" />
<Off channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="63" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 5 A">
<On channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="64" value="24" />
<Off channel="8" event_type="Note On" control="64" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 1 B">
<On channel="9" event_type="Note On" control="60" value="72" />
<Off channel="9" event_type="Note On" control="60" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 2 B">
<On channel="9" event_type="Note On" control="61" value="106" />
<Off channel="9" event_type="Note On" control="61" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 3 B">
<On channel="9" event_type="Note On" control="62" value="40" />
<Off channel="9" event_type="Note On" control="62" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 4 B">
<On channel="9" event_type="Note On" control="63" value="56" />
<Off channel="9" event_type="Note On" control="63" value="0" />
</Output>
<Output name="Cue Point 5 B">
<On channel="9" event_type="Note On" control="64" value="24" />
<Off channel="9" event_type="Note On" control="64" value="0" />
</Output>
nikodb 1:23 PM - 14 November, 2013
Quote:
I just got mine set up after some help from this thread and the Konix vid. Here's what i
</Output>

hey man...thanks for sharing...i did sell my unit some time ago, but am sure some people will be very pleased with this...Any chance for Loops and Sample player on the road?

Cheers
Nik
Dokumentary 10:09 PM - 18 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
I just got mine set up after some help from this thread and the Konix vid. Here's what i
</Output>

hey man...thanks for sharing...i did sell my unit some time ago, but am sure some people will be very pleased with this...Any chance for Loops and Sample player on the road?

Cheers
Nik

It's possible but that's where I start getting into some of the issues you were having. (modifiers and secondary functions). I'm sure I'll look into this in the future but I'm pretty happy with the current functionality. I know nothing about XML.
nikodb 12:02 AM - 19 November, 2013
Yeah i hear ya...better than nothing i guess...
Dj Owe 7:15 PM - 11 September, 2019
Hey i want to re map the FX1 FX2 FX3 Buttons on my S9 as they are pretty much useless cause im using mixers effects

has anyone been able to midi map this?