Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato DJ Wont read mp4 files.

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
MusicLovnlibra 1:02 PM - 23 July, 2013
Serato DJ is not reading my mp4 files. I have a few but have to go through the properties to check, then I have to convert them someway....help
Ruffrob 2:42 PM - 23 July, 2013
use the free Goldwave app...it converts to many file formats..and is a great recorder when ripping from vinyl to digital
MusicLovnlibra 3:21 PM - 23 July, 2013
How do I do that?
MusicLovnlibra 3:28 PM - 23 July, 2013
Its an m4a file. MPEG 4 Audio File
Ruffrob 3:50 PM - 23 July, 2013
D/L the Goldwave App...Open the main screen in the app,drag and drop the MA4 track into Goldwave,then look min the upper left hand corner to Save As and it will give you a choice of what format to 'save as'...If it's MP3,be careful to save the track as the highest quality available (320 KBPS,44,000 khz)...hope this works for you
Ruffrob 3:52 PM - 23 July, 2013
Serato, Support
Jamie W 3:49 AM - 30 July, 2013
Hey MusicLovnlibra,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I think the best thing to do first is,

1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes.
-- Download Here --> www.apple.com
2. Download the latest version of QUICKTIME for Windows.
-- Download Here --> support.apple.com
3. Restart your computer.
4. Launch Serato DJ.

Do your M4a files playback correctly now?

If you are still having issues are you able to attach a couple files to this thread?
-- I will take a look at them and get back to you.

Thanks.
BOOGIEFROMCUR 6:16 AM - 30 July, 2013
Ruffrob...if MusicLovnlibra has his laptop set up right Serato will play mp4 files...he does not need to convert any stuff. The only thing he won't see is the video unless he has the video plug in.
BOOGIEFROMCUR 6:30 AM - 30 July, 2013
sorry that must be "the only thing he won't see is the video unless he forgot to tick "on" his video tab". i assume he is referring to his video plug in when he is talking about not being able to play mp4's.
Ruffrob 10:35 AM - 30 July, 2013
Thanks for the info,BOOGIEFROMCUR..but he didn't mention video,so I figured he must be talking about sound files,specifically..hope he sees the follow up to his question,and then we will both find out...