Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

How many people are going with HD only content from now on?

nemix 9:32 PM - 21 July, 2013
I'd like to make the switch and start downloading HD content but I'm worried about hard drive space. Anyone doing HD with no space issues?
skinnyguy 7:03 AM - 22 July, 2013
That's the trade off. HD is a bigger file. Period. Take it or leave it.
phil F 6:56 PM - 22 July, 2013
with the cost of large harddrives now, why not
Frankie Glasses 7:56 PM - 22 July, 2013
for me, i am getting the HD stuff for the vidz i will be playing alot. For the other i get the SD.
Joshua Carl 8:30 PM - 22 July, 2013
Quote:
for me, i am getting the HD stuff for the vidz i will be playing alot. For the other i get the SD.

ditto.... and if something blows up, you can always go back and trade up to HD
nemix 10:03 PM - 22 July, 2013
Quote:

Simple but great idea!

@phil - the cost of hard drives isn't a big deal but I don't want to lug externals to all my gigs
phil F 10:45 PM - 22 July, 2013
having an external doesnt really bother me, i have the 4TB thunderbolt drive, works fantastically, i think its fair to say, that drive is as big as they come
djnak 2:14 AM - 23 July, 2013
Quote:
having an external doesnt really bother me, i have the 4TB thunderbolt drive, works fantastically, i think its fair to say, that drive is as big as they come

wd my book studio 8tb lol.... www.amazon.ca
DJRemixEnt 3:51 AM - 23 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

wd my book studio 8tb lol.... www.amazon.ca

geez...that things all pumped up on steroids
LatinAssassin 1:25 AM - 1 August, 2013
Yeah running almost all HD vids, with a external 1 TB HD. If your gonna spend all that money on video meet as well do it right.

DJ LA
WWW.DJLA.BIZ
Rebelguy 1:39 AM - 1 August, 2013
Quote:
Yeah running almost all HD vids, with a external 1 TB HD. If your gonna spend all that money on video meet as well do it right.

DJ LA
WWW.DJLA.BIZ

I'm assuming you are mainly doing current stuff as the older stuff is generally not available in HD.
djpuma_gemini 3:32 AM - 1 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

ditto.... and if something blows up, you can always go back and trade up to HD

Triple ditto.
For the stuff I know I will play more than 2 months I get HD, if it's hot garbage, which most is, I just get SD.
dj jamalot 12:04 PM - 1 August, 2013
And how do you know what your going to have in hot rotatation longer than 2 months?
skinnyguy 5:25 PM - 1 August, 2013
The magic 8-ball always knows.
djnak 6:28 PM - 1 August, 2013
I always grab the HD version...Hard Drive space is cheap...the quality of the video is more important to me than the few extra MB it takes to store it
Rick Hodgkins 7:32 PM - 1 August, 2013
^Exactly
Besides, I was always lugging vob files back in the day so that decision was made long ago.
HD is the shit imo, glad we are seeing it.
djpuma_gemini 8:46 PM - 1 August, 2013
Hard drive space isn't cheap when you are running all internal drives.
DouggyFresh 5:24 PM - 2 August, 2013
And when you outgrow that...

www.synology.com
popnwave 6:55 PM - 3 August, 2013
If I only played stuff from 2005 or so on, I'd do HD only.. too much SD stuff to do that though.