Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

iTunes

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
DJ-A 7:53 PM - 13 November, 2008
I do not want to use my itunes libary. But... I do get songs to come up when i am using that libary that i dont get when SSL is not using iTunes.

How can i get all the songs in SSL without having iTunes being read?

If I drag a folder into SSL that has already been read will it make dups or will it only add songs that are not already in SSL?
DPR250R 8:14 PM - 13 November, 2008
No.. it should not make dups... drag the folder you want in to SL....
WarpNote 8:15 PM - 13 November, 2008
If you drag the folder to the All crate, only new tracks will be added. It will not duplicate.
DJ-A 8:20 PM - 13 November, 2008
that's great news.

I unchecked the read iTunes box and i still have songs with the iTunes logo next to them, and there a few that i want to delete but it won't let me...

(protect libary is not checked)
Rane, Support
Chad S. 8:24 PM - 13 November, 2008
make sure you have "read itunes library" and "protect library" unchecked. It should be a matter of hitting CTRL + DEL with the song highlighted to get rid of it.
DJ-A 8:27 PM - 13 November, 2008
i thought it was shift+ctrl and del to do it permanantly... ctrl+del didnt work either...

i went to the file to delete it and now it is pink, and i can't get the that to go away either
Rane, Support
Chad S. 9:31 PM - 13 November, 2008
shift + ctrl + del is a permanent delete, you are correct. The pink file means it has been moved from it's original location. Which if you deleted it, that makes sense. The problem now is that you can't delete the pink files?

Do you have your music on an external drive? Are you using Vista?
DJ-A 9:32 PM - 13 November, 2008
Mac

yes i'm using an external
Rane, Support
Chad S. 9:39 PM - 13 November, 2008
Are the files in the trash? Have you emptied it? Are the songs gone from the external? Try rescanning the ID3 tags in Itunes. Then reopen Scratchlive.
DJ-A 10:13 PM - 13 November, 2008
I have read iTunes libary turned off, protect libary is also not checked

i have rescaned the tags, closed SSL, restarted the computer, emptied the trash, and the files are still there and i can not delete them the one is still pink, and now i'm running into others that are corrupt that i can not delete.

i'm not sure of the reason that i am having itunes icons next to songs even though i have the reading iTunes off. is it possible that there is some hang up with itunes protecting them
Rane, Support
Chad S. 10:35 PM - 13 November, 2008
Possible, I recommend rescanning the ID3 tags in Itunes. That process will tell itunes what is really there and what really isn't. I know you have the "read ituneds library" unchecked (good) but it might still have old info.
DJ-A 10:37 PM - 13 November, 2008
ok. i'll have to do that when i get home (hour left @ work and it took SSL at least 90 minutes to rescan all my tags)

so after i read the itunes tags should i go back and rescan the tags in SSL again too?
Rane, Support
Chad S. 10:58 PM - 13 November, 2008
hopefully you won't have to :)
DJ-A 7:32 PM - 14 November, 2008
rescanned iTunes. still having trouble deleting some songs.

like i mentioned, iTunes libary is not checked, but some songs still have the iTunes logo next to them. and some songs that are showing up pink are also songs that i can not delete out of SSL