Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Multitrack Recording with the VCI-300

MikeRizzy 2:15 PM - 12 November, 2008
Has anyone tried this yet? I know it records very well for live mixes within ITCH but when i hooked it up to my sound card the volume was really low and even when i put it on full blast it didn't go up much. I've even tried plugging it to a 2 channel dj mixer than into my sound card to see if that would help but it didn't. Any suggestions?
jayo 10:17 PM - 12 November, 2008
I stream and archive my online radio show from the VCI patched into a open channel of my Zero 4 and do not seem to have any issues with volume.

However when you say multitrack recording, are doing this by definition and mean you are recording each channel independently? If so how are you accomplishing this?

Or do you mean you are recording into a app so you can place markers in your set to break up the set into individual tracks?
MikeRizzy 10:42 PM - 12 November, 2008
I record mixes into Adobe Audition and have each track on a seperate channel but all mixed together but like i said the only problem is the volume levels are really low. So there's no difference in volume in your recordings from say recording from a turntable and mixer setup?
jayo 7:30 AM - 13 November, 2008
No my levels seem to be fine... I do have my gain on the channel I am patching Itch to set at Plus 1 - 1 1.2 db but the levels seem pretty good..