Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

How to add a video loop to screen while Deck A & Deck B are playing MP3's

Julio Sierra 8:08 PM - 16 July, 2013
Hello all (again),

I have a couple 20 sec video (intended to loop) of abstract stuff that i want to show while i play regular mp3's on Deck A and Deck B.

Questions:

1. How do i get the video to play on the main screen while playing mp3's on Deck A & Deck B?
2. How do i get the video to loop on the main screen?
3. How can i change the video and continue to play mp3's on Deck A & Deck B?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks ALL!!
Code:E 9:22 PM - 16 July, 2013
Quote:
1. How do i get the video to play on the main screen while playing mp3's on Deck A & Deck B?

You drop a video into the preview window of the deck that is currently playing. This will link the video file with that track, and also loop that video.

Quote:

You want it to loop the same video even when you change tracks? well there is a way todo this, It involes quartz though. There is a thread on how todo it somewhere but its not stright forward.
Quote:

You drop a new video into the prew view window.

Sounds like you dont really need Serato video. Sound like you want video to play separately from serato and serato is really built to play and mix music videos. You might want to look into a program like Grand VJ to run all your video needs.
skinnyguy 10:54 PM - 16 July, 2013
there's another way to do it too....i'm sure Code:E is quite familiar with suggesting it as the answer too.

honestly, it does resolve a lot of things that you want to do...
DJ DisGrace 11:04 PM - 16 July, 2013
Quote:

Easiest way in SV is to put those loops in the media crate. They will load automatically when you load an mp3, and they will loop.
Code:E 11:24 PM - 16 July, 2013
Quote:
there's another way to do it too....i'm sure Code:E is quite familiar with suggesting it as the answer too.

Am I having a blond moment or are we talking about ME?
Code:E 11:24 PM - 16 July, 2013
I thought the media crate but he wants to pick which videos play when it sounds like so that not going todo what he wants.
skinnyguy 11:41 PM - 16 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Am I having a blond moment or are we talking about ME?

yes
DjayRage 11:42 PM - 16 July, 2013
Enable the Media crate and just have it do it automatically Julio text me if you need help..
skinnyguy 11:42 PM - 16 July, 2013
he could put just those 2 clips in the media crate in SV or media bank in ME

or he could run SSL in audio mode with ME in standalone mode (unlinked to SSL)
Julio Sierra 6:46 PM - 17 July, 2013
WHOA!!! Thanks for the HELP Code:E, Skinnyguy, Dj DisGrace, & Dj Rage!!!
DVJ Rick Kraft 5:18 PM - 18 July, 2013
Sweet I'll have to try that out, didn't know it was so easy to implement!
Taipanic 3:54 PM - 19 July, 2013
Quote:
or he could run SSL in audio mode with ME in standalone mode (unlinked to SSL)

This would allow you to run 1 loop as long as you want. Have used this a lot when not running music videos. Club Promos, Bride & Groom Logo, etc...
DVJ Rick Kraft 10:49 PM - 12 September, 2013
Media crate functionality works well :D Tested it out extensively the last couple of weeks