Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

vci 380 third effect usage - use touchstrip and or ios remote app

beisi 12:20 PM - 16 July, 2013
At the moment the VCI is limited to two hardware controls for fx

To quote another user (Pete Input):

Idea for VCI-380:
It would be cool if the 3rd FX in MULTI FX-mode works with the touch ribbon.

Also it would be really handy to be able to access all the effects in remote app, I mean it is already to map them externally anyway right? so why not just add them in already!
Bozo 1:08 PM - 16 July, 2013
+1

The ribbons on VCI 380 send different midi message on each performance mode and the only ones assigned are the slicer's quantize, the needle drop with shift and the sample bank switch (the loop size on roll and loop mode don't work anymore on SDJ btw...).

A ribbon fx is a great tool, i'm using it with TP2 and TSP for instant value for FX/Volume/filters...

I see two option for the integration :
- (my favorite) abillity to midi map the unassigned ribbons and the regulars encoder's push (unasigned too).
-ribbon on Hot Cue mode (without shift) control the third effect dry/wet and the regulars encoder's push the third effect on/off.
XRM5 5:24 PM - 16 July, 2013
+1

Using the ribbon is a great idea.
Pete Input 8:30 PM - 16 July, 2013
+1
VST Versatyle 9:03 PM - 31 July, 2013
+1
Disgraceland_UK 8:49 PM - 21 October, 2013
+1
Bozo 4:56 PM - 24 November, 2013
UP!
It's something present on the Vestax official mapping for TP2
help.vestax.co.jp
HOT cue mode + ribbon without SHIFT button.
Adrianotic 7:39 PM - 9 December, 2013
+1
Pete Input 10:19 AM - 10 December, 2013
My idea:

Shift + SCROLL to change the FX.
Push BEATS-knob to activate FX on.
Use TOUCHSTRIP to manipulate the FX dry / wet.

Now the BEATS-knob don't do anything when you push it, so it's free.
Same thing with the shift + SCROLL, i believe...
Touchstrip don't do anything too...

Also, PAD FX-knob do the same thing that BEATS-knob. They both change the beat parameter. Why is that?
How about if you change the 2nd FX, so the user can use the PAD's or the PAD FX-knob to manipulate the FX dry / wet?
It could be in the settings, so the user can choose witch one to use.

Oh.. and with shift + BEATS-knob you could switch between MULTI FX and SINGLE FX.
beisi 9:10 AM - 11 December, 2013
+1000
DjSKum 12:00 PM - 20 February, 2014
+10000
Pete Input 1:08 PM - 18 June, 2014
So, you guys (at Serato) are re-thinking to change the FX-mapping with Twitch...

Same thing with VCI-380, please?

The way i dj, i can only use the first FX-slot.

Second slot is based with PAD-pressure and that is not smooth at all (so i don't / can't use it) and there are many effects that are not good to use like that or even work that way.

The third slot is just stupidly "with mouse only", so for me, it's just dead space.

I have some good ideas (above) how to "boost" the VCI-380 to the max with your FX-engine. :)