Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

The Loopmasters Samples won't work

Product
Serato Remote
Version
Hardware
Rane SL2
Host
Scratch Live
Version
Device
()
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Steve_TBD 8:48 AM - 15 July, 2013
i've been trying to use the loopmasters samples that are in the crates when you restart serato, but when i load them in the sp-6 there is no sound. The bonus samples work just fine. Thanks in advance.
DJ G.Nice 9:47 AM - 15 July, 2013
Same here.. Mine are marked as read only
Pete Input 1:42 PM - 15 July, 2013
Same here.
Pete Input 8:28 PM - 15 July, 2013
This is posted by RAYMIXX in SSL area (and it helped me in this issue):

"Here's how I got all my files unlocked, but it only works for Mac users, haven't tired it with a PC yet

First go to the actual file in the _Serato_ folder and go into the "Imported Folder"

Than go to the "Sample Packs" folder, all the files are in there

Here's the fun part because you have to do it to every files...

Right click or two finger click on each file and go to "Get Info"

Than go to the bottom of the info part of the file where it says "Sharing & Permission" and you will see the little lock sign, click on it and type in your password if your the admin which you guys should be.

You can than add your self with the "+ or -" signs click on the plus sign and a lil box should pop up with "Administrators and your own name of your Mac" add your name and than make sure it says "Read & Write" next to your name too."

-------------------------------

NOTE: You can select all and do it once...
clarksta 10:26 PM - 15 July, 2013
Iv had the same problem and it is a hickup in the installer which they are trying to sort out. They told me that you can just go straight to the loopmasters website and download from there and all will be fine. I have not had a chance to do this yet so let me know if you do it before me.

Clarksta
ATL DJ Suspense 11:54 PM - 15 July, 2013
THANK YOU for posting that Pete Input!!!! It worked great for me :-)

DJ SUSPENSE

Quote:
This is posted by RAYMIXX in SSL area (and it helped me in this issue):

"Here's how I got all my files unlocked, but it only works for Mac users, haven't tired it with a PC yet

First go to the actual file in the _Serato_ folder and go into the "Imported Folder"

Than go to the "Sample Packs" folder, all the files are in there

Here's the fun part because you have to do it to every files...

Right click or two finger click on each file and go to "Get Info"

Than go to the bottom of the info part of the file where it says "Sharing & Permission" and you will see the little lock sign, click on it and type in your password if your the admin which you guys should be.

You can than add your self with the "+ or -" signs click on the plus sign and a lil box should pop up with "Administrators and your own name of your Mac" add your name and than make sure it says "Read & Write" next to your name too."

-------------------------------

NOTE: You can select all and do it once...
Serato, Support
Sam GG 4:04 AM - 16 July, 2013
Hey Guys,

We have noticed this issue and it only seems to be happening on 10.6.8.

We are working on a fix for the installer, however in the meantime the steps posted above are a great workaround!

Cheers, Sam
Steve_TBD 5:33 AM - 16 July, 2013
Slightly tedious, but awesome workaround!! Thanx for posting Pete.