Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Will Serato DJ support Midi for a Rane sixty one

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark V7
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Youngtee 6:45 PM - 9 July, 2013
Just a general question wanted to know I'm using Rane sixty one with my v7, with the release of serato dj supporting Midi will this also be possible to work with my rane S1 when it come live for the V7's?
Serato, Support
Mak T 9:35 PM - 10 July, 2013
Hey Youngtee,

Quote:
rane S1

- Are you referring to the Rane Sixty-One?

Are you referring to just using the Rane Sixty-One as the standalone mixer? I dont see why this wouldn't be possible, however Im not 100% sure on this. I guess we will just have to wait till it is released.

Quote:
serato dj supporting Midi

How were you looking to use MIDI and your Rane Sixty-One?

Cheers

Mak T
Youngtee 12:03 AM - 11 July, 2013
Yes the rane sixty one:

It was mainly to use the cross fader and up and down faders for the video plugin just to transition the videos.

right now I use the arrow keys
Serato, Support
Mak T 11:14 PM - 16 July, 2013
Hey Youngtee,

Okay cool. I don't see why this wouldn't be possible, however I cannot give you an official word to whether it would be possible.

- Do you by any chance have another controller that is compatible with Serato DJ? You can use this controller to unlock the Serato DJ software and test map your Rane Sixty-One. Alternatively, If i get the chance I can test this for you.

Cheers

Mak T
Youngtee 12:00 AM - 17 July, 2013
Hey mark,

No sorry just the V7 at the moment until the release of DJ for the V7 I will just have to wait. I have another question my dude as I'm on a mac I've only got two usb plugs can I use a powered usb hub if so do you have any recommendations. Cause I also use a external usb HD for my music and music videos as my mac is jammed packed with work docs and stuff which is code for bootlegged movies lol??? nah jokes but serious.
Serato, Support
Mak T 11:31 PM - 18 July, 2013
Quote:
my mac is jammed packed with work docs and stuff which is code for bootlegged movies lol??? nah jokes but serious.

haha!

Quote:
as I'm on a mac I've only got two usb plugs can I use a powered usb hub if so do you have any recommendations

I also have a Mac with 2 USB ports, and yes a USB port is definitely a great option. Personally I use a Belkin Powered USB hub - im not sure if its the best brand, but it works perfectly for me. I would suggest route your external HD into the powered hub, along with any other MIDI devices - and then run your DJ hardware i.e Rane Sixty One or Numark V7 directly into your computer.

Let me know if you have any further questions Young!

Cheers

Mak T