DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ AM as DAFT PUNK (with Serato) at Haunted Mansion, Halloween party

Bignuts 1:31 AM - 7 November, 2008
cupowater 1:36 AM - 7 November, 2008
nice. I talked with that photographer (Caesar Sebastian) at detour last year. He shoots for Busy P, Justice, Daft Punk and few others... i think he's a dj also...

i wasn't able to see Dj AM but i went to Hardfest, Soulwax was pretty awesome.
DJ Sniffles 1:44 AM - 7 November, 2008
Soulwax FTW....2 Many DJs FTW when their not doing the Soulwax thing.

Busy P looks like a werewolf in midtransistion
DjWoody 2:03 AM - 7 November, 2008
looks like there's some new White vinyl! hahaha
kevinscott 2:21 AM - 7 November, 2008
Hardfest was an incredible party... I opted to take the night off (first halloween off from djing in 11 years) and roll with Adam to the event and I'm SOOOOO glad I did. The energy that night was AMAZING. He was able to keep the costume on for about 40 min before finally removing the helmet and jacket. He said it felt like a 100 degrees in there and the helmet began to fog up after a bit -- not to mention djing in those gloves proved tricky as well. The costume was incredible, built from scratch from the same people that did Daft Punk's original costumes. It looks absolutely amazing up close and in person.

My girl took a bunch of video from that night. you can check out some of the clips at:

www.youtube.com

The audio is a bit distorted in some spots and youtube's compression doesn't do it justice... but you will still get a good idea of what it was like that night. Amazing energy and one of the best lineups LA has seen in a long time.
DjWoody 2:57 AM - 7 November, 2008
So did he spent the $60,000 for the helmet? Did it have the LEDs?
Ab-Loon 3:01 AM - 7 November, 2008
Man Already has the new macbook pro. Man I wish I had money : (
djkyletaylor 6:59 AM - 7 November, 2008
Quote:

Bought mine last week... Don't forget to tell them your in school for a few hundred off....
Ab-Loon 7:59 AM - 7 November, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

Bought mine last week... Don't forget to tell them your in school for a few hundred off....

Dont you gotta show a school ID? Heck if all you gotta do is just say it Im gonna get one this weekend! ahhaha
DJ TK 5:39 AM - 8 November, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dont you gotta show a school ID? Heck if all you gotta do is just say it Im gonna get one this weekend! ahhaha

Do that shit online they didn't ask me for any proof. I got some money off and a free Ipod touch.
djkyletaylor 9:14 PM - 10 November, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do that shit online they didn't ask me for any proof. I got some money off and a free Ipod touch.

They don't give a shit man. If you buy online all you have to do is pick a school. If you go to the store just tell them you left your ID at home. Those sales guys want the sale!
Ab-Loon 5:35 AM - 11 November, 2008
not a year ago my homie who was goin to cal poly told me he got around 100 bucks off. but when i tried to see how much it would take off...it was only 50 bucks. Does it matter if you pick a big college than a city or community college?
djkyletaylor 5:52 AM - 11 November, 2008
store.apple.com

At the very bottom click on education. Then pick your school and it takes you back to the apple store page with everything discounted. I got the 15 inch and protection plan and ended up spending 2200.
DJ Young Herrera 2:22 PM - 11 November, 2008
Quote:
Hardfest was an incredible party... I opted to take the night off (first halloween off from djing in 11 years) and roll with Adam to the event and I'm SOOOOO glad I did. The energy that night was AMAZING. He was able to keep the costume on for about 40 min before finally removing the helmet and jacket. He said it felt like a 100 degrees in there and the helmet began to fog up after a bit -- not to mention djing in those gloves proved tricky as well. The costume was incredible, built from scratch from the same people that did Daft Punk's original costumes. It looks absolutely amazing up close and in person.

My girl took a bunch of video from that night. you can check out some of the clips at:

www.youtube.com

The audio is a bit distorted in some spots and youtube's compression doesn't do it justice... but you will still get a good idea of what it was like that night. Amazing energy and one of the best lineups LA has seen in a long time.

That's pretty damn dope. Man I would love to hang out with you guys for a weekend. I'll carry y'alls CV's!!! haha.

Does everybody know where Daft Punk stole the concept of this version of their costumes from?? Hmmm??

If you guys can't guess I'll tell you later.
brady176 3:44 PM - 11 November, 2008
star wars
DJ Young Herrera 3:45 PM - 11 November, 2008
Nope
DVDjHardy 5:32 PM - 11 November, 2008
Power Rangers. I almost made my own halloween costume out of it, but head is over-developed for to fit into a helmet made for an 11-year old though...lol.

Nice videos Kevin!
kittles17 6:11 PM - 11 November, 2008
I am going to guess the movie the wraith
DJ-A 6:22 PM - 11 November, 2008
Quote:

ummmm.. i think his other one most likely didnt survive the crash...
Ab-Loon 6:52 PM - 11 November, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

ummmm.. i think his other one most likely didnt survive the crash...

Thought of that. But I know Ive seen pics with him with different macbooks. How do I know they were different? Ive seen pics with him using a macbook with a few stickers on the back and ive seen pics of him that has less stickers.

Also. I know a lot of us that has multiple lap top back ups and we arent on the same level as AM. hahah!
dead serious 9:06 PM - 11 November, 2008
I heard @ the concert the a good number of the crowd came running over cuz they thought it was the actual daft punk performing..

good stuff
dead serious 9:06 PM - 11 November, 2008
*that
DJ Young Herrera 9:22 PM - 11 November, 2008
Quote:
Power Rangers. I almost made my own halloween costume out of it, but head is over-developed for to fit into a helmet made for an 11-year old though...lol.

Nice videos Kevin!

Buzzz...wrong again.

Quote:
I am going to guess the movie the wraith

You are also wrong.

Ok fine, I'll tell you. Its from one of George Lucas' very first films called THX1138. Fantastic movie starring Robert Duvall

www.thx1138movie.com

www.imdb.com
DJ Young Herrera 9:30 PM - 11 November, 2008
www.imdb.com

This is the trailer for the "updated" dvd release. It has a bunch of cg crap added to it a la George Lucas style re-hash and smash of a great classic. I hate modern day George Lucas!
Hassle 10:48 AM - 12 November, 2008
he raped Indiana Jones booohoohoooo.

www.southparkstudios.com
dj cubicle 6:37 PM - 12 November, 2008
That costume is dope.
djchrischip 4:27 AM - 1 December, 2008
yah it was a crazy costume.
DJ ALFA 1:11 AM - 6 December, 2008
Very good videos... And sick party. But were daft punk actually there or not ??
dj lad 8:37 PM - 6 December, 2008
No.
Martin McFly 10:32 PM - 6 December, 2008
I wouldn't know the first thing to play at an event like that... Gotta step my game up.