DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Anyone having problems with S120 needles?

FLIPSIDEclub 9:02 AM - 28 June, 2013
I bought a matched pair of S120's on the recommendation of someone I really respect, he assured me they were awesome.

I took the plunge, did some internet searching for the best price etc. Bought the set, setup my decks for a marathon listening session in order to bed them in.

After a few days of continuous playing (around 8 hours each in total) I felt they were ready for some mixing, and when I was listening to identical 12"'s there was something wrong with the sound on one deck, swapping over everything I narrowed it down to a problem needle.

Contacting the seller proved useless, they said it's a manufacturing fault so speak to Ortofon directly, Ortofon said

"That is fully the customer’s responsibility to ensure the product purchased at the specific seller is backed-up by warranty.

You bought the product to a lower price, that is your responsibility and not Ortofon’s to handle with the consequences of the decision you made. "

Since yesterday, the other needle has developed noise problems, and I have figured out what it is. The S120 has a new style suspension system, and in mine it wasn't fixed /glued / held correctly and they have moved, one fell out completely and the other has turned around slightly.

They say under heavy Pro DJ use expect to change them every 500 hours, under home use more like 1000 hours, these didn't last the bedding in period !

Unfortunately I now have a pair of S120 with no needles, I won't buy Ortofon ever again, I was shocked at their position over this .....they say PAY THEIR RRP or don't expect any service !
DJ DisGrace 2:35 PM - 28 June, 2013
Quote:
I won't buy Ortofon from an unauthorized dealer ever again

fixed
FLIPSIDEclub 4:56 PM - 28 June, 2013
Authorised or unauthorised dealer surely they should last longer than 8 hours ?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:51 AM - 1 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
I won't buy Ortofon from an unauthorized dealer ever again

fixed

Say that *ish again!

They didn't hear you the FIRST time....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:53 AM - 1 July, 2013
Quote:
Authorised or unauthorised dealer surely they should last longer than 8 hours ?

Gee, that's like saying...

Hmmm....

I need to go to a Doctor,

So, I can go to an Authorized Doctor, and get REAL treatment...

or

I can go to someone that "ATTEMPTS" to be a doctor....

No wonder you're still infected...
FLIPSIDEclub 8:20 AM - 5 August, 2014
BTW, just to update you ...

I filed for prosecution and won.

You should hope I never meet you in person.
4mydawgz 3:26 PM - 5 August, 2014
Quote:
BTW, just to update you ...

I filed for prosecution and won.

you took them to court?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:26 AM - 6 August, 2014
Quote:

Meet who?