Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Discussion split from 'audio drop out'

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
McFBB23 7:21 PM - 17 June, 2013
I'm having similar dropout issues as your video shows and it only occurs when I have additional programs (Chrome, iTunes) running as well.

This is a recent experience as I was able to run anything I wanted in the background without any dropouts up until about a month ago.

I increased USB Buffer Size to 15 under Hardware in SSL Settings and upped the Maximum Screen Updates to 60 per second and Audio Cache to 60 seconds but still had an issue when I opened up any other programs.

All of the diagnostics in terms of CPU and memory usage were well under the maximum.

I replaced the USB 2.0 cord itself and ran an offline test with the SL2 connected for about two hours and it didn't seem to happen again. I haven't DJed live since replacing the cord however to test it real time. Perhaps the cord went bad? (Original cord from purchase of SL2 in June 2011).

My Specs:
Intel Core i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz
8.0 GB RAM
64-bit Win 7
SL2
SSL 2.4.4 (24421)
Internal HDD, not sure of the speed but it's a 1.5 year old computer
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:29 PM - 17 June, 2013
Hey McFBB23,

I created your own help request.
We definitely do not recommend having the internet on when DJing.
Waveform dropouts occur because there is simply not enough juice to run Scratch Live efficiently. Cutting down on what your computer is doing is important.
I don't know why it was working fine with the internet on and now it doesn't.
If you haven't already try downgrading your version of SSL and/or uninstall any new updates you may have done.
Also, if you haven't already, check out this thread regarding waveform dropouts -->serato.com . You'll see it is an unresolved issue that Serato is keen to fix.
Please add any relevant info there.
1:57 AM, 30 Aug 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.