DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

SL - VIDEO MALFUNCTION On 1.8.2 Version

Tantrumn4 12:35 AM - 1 November, 2008
Ive had this problem for a while now and im just asking for anyone who could give me their kindly support in resolving this matter..,suggestions, ideas, opinions and advice are very very much appreciated.

HERE IS THE ISSUE:

When upgrading to Serato Version 1.8.2 - The Video SL seems to have mulfunction it doesn't work or upload ....Im stuck with the same promt message - (always asking me to enter the serial number of the SL Video) even after several attemps of entering the SVS Code still would result to the same problem. 1.8.0 & 1.8.1, no problem the SL Video loads up fine and the video works. It only happens when i upgrade to or when i install version 1.8.2......Please can anyone help me.
I greately appreciate it and thanks a million for even having the time to read this issue.
DJ-A 4:40 PM - 3 November, 2008
are you using an external drive? if so, try unplugging it and starting SSL and then video... see what happens...
Tantrumn4 3:53 PM - 4 November, 2008
Thanks Dj A.........., Yes as you advice, i unpluged the external drive and started SSL and Video. It didn't work .

Thanks for your concern.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:00 PM - 4 November, 2008
We're looking into your issue and pretty sure it's a bug within the 1.8.2 version. The only workaround, for now, is to revert back to a previous version of SSL, unfortunately.
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:12 PM - 4 November, 2008
I'm pretty sure you can downgrade to 1.8.1, install the new version of VSL, and then update to 1.8.2 again.