DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

You may be a proffessional DJ if ....

Kenny Q 2:25 PM - 30 October, 2008
having dinner at 3 in the morning is normal.
Kenny Q 2:26 PM - 30 October, 2008
You have more money invested in Audio gear than furniture.
BattleFunk 2:47 PM - 30 October, 2008
Your friends have a night out in order to see you
DJ Unique 4:46 PM - 30 October, 2008
You don't go to parties unless your hired to DJ
Caramac 4:58 PM - 30 October, 2008
You forget that clubs have dress codes and door charges.
sopranosupasta 5:32 PM - 30 October, 2008
your friends all know not to ask if you have plans on thursday friday and saturday nights.
sopranosupasta 5:33 PM - 30 October, 2008
whenever someone wants to know what a song is, they ask you.
monkeybiz 5:38 PM - 30 October, 2008
Quote:

...And you've still spent more on music than audio gear.
Dj_KaGeN 5:50 PM - 30 October, 2008
you refuse to roll to a club, unless you get in VIP
sopranosupasta 5:53 PM - 30 October, 2008
Quote:
you refuse to roll to a club, unless you get in VIP

you refuse to go to a club unless youre playing. LOL! (I dont go out unless im spinning)
matt212 6:12 PM - 30 October, 2008
you buy vinyl/CD's you know you already have but just can't find it and don't feel like looking for it in the crates.
matt212 6:16 PM - 30 October, 2008
you change the channel on the TV like you switch songs on the decks.
matt212 6:17 PM - 30 October, 2008
you can't listen to more than a minute and a half of any song.
Kenny Q 6:32 PM - 30 October, 2008
Everyone you meet thinks you have the time to to make cds for them.
Kenny Q 6:33 PM - 30 October, 2008
You pay your barber in cd mixes instead of cash.
dj_KaSE 6:36 PM - 30 October, 2008
You use music like tools: use 'em at gigs, but could care less about hearing them on your own time.
Audio1 6:41 PM - 30 October, 2008
All of the above. My favorite is:
Quote:
My wife's been buggin me for a new sofa set, since we dont have an existing sofa set. AInt that a bitch. I have a new-ish 36-inch LCD TV but no furniture to sit on to watch it. LOL
Audio1 6:41 PM - 30 October, 2008
but yeah, I needed that new Rane mixer! LOL
Kenny Q 6:47 PM - 30 October, 2008
Quote:
My wife's been buggin me for a new sofa set, since we dont have an existing sofa set. AInt that a bitch. I have a new-ish 36-inch LCD TV but no furniture to sit on to watch it. LOL

I have almost no furniture in my house. That's why I spend most of my time at my girlfriends house.
Audio1 6:51 PM - 30 October, 2008
HAHA
DeezNotes 6:51 PM - 30 October, 2008
Quote:

Or if your audio gear IS your furniture (speakers and amp racks are end tables here)
Crickett 7:36 PM - 30 October, 2008
You pay your milk man in music instead of cash. (No LIE!) lol

Oberweis got some good milk botches!
DJ d.range 7:40 PM - 30 October, 2008
people don't call you before 4pm, because they expect you to be sleeping . . .
Audio1 7:54 PM - 30 October, 2008
You use Milk crates as seats for your guests. Hahaha
typerel 8:59 PM - 30 October, 2008
When you listen to music in your car, you think about what song will mix well with that
sopranosupasta 9:03 PM - 30 October, 2008
when youre listening to a good song on the radio in your car, you cut the bass and boost the highs so that everyone in the car will sing along. LMAO.
frost-9 9:28 PM - 30 October, 2008
you literally get mad at people for having bad taste in music..
papsworth 9:39 PM - 30 October, 2008
waking up at noon is the equivalent of waking up at 5am
Audio1 10:12 PM - 30 October, 2008
You may be a professional if:

When a song comes on the radio, You explain to your significant other the history of the song and/or artists or my personal favorite, explain the source sample used by the producer to create the hit. LOL
Audio1 10:13 PM - 30 October, 2008
Quote:
Shit man me and my chick have been sleeping on a matress since April when we moved in and had those paper blinds up. Just went this weekend and bought a new bed and put up some blinds. I was SOOOO close to buying another 57 and set of 1200's.......
Haha... I know the feeling. We need sofas so badly.
MSF 10:15 PM - 30 October, 2008
The only time you feel like practicing on your turntables is after 11:30p.
DJ d.range 10:26 PM - 30 October, 2008
Quote:

word, sometimes spinnin while the sun is out just doesn't feel right
Audio1 10:32 PM - 30 October, 2008
Quote:
More like only time you feel like practicing is while drunk at your local residency or club spot. LOL
MSF 10:45 PM - 30 October, 2008
lol
Mad10 10:46 PM - 30 October, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

word, sometimes spinnin while the sun is out just doesn't feel right

Truth.
DjWoody 10:50 PM - 30 October, 2008
You spend most of your work time on the internet searching for new music instead of actually working.
DjWoody 10:51 PM - 30 October, 2008
You keep hitting refresh to see if any new posts on this forum exist.
Audio1 10:58 PM - 30 October, 2008
Quote:
You spend most of your work time on the internet searching for new music instead of actually working.
so sad BUT TRUE!

Quote:
You keep hitting refresh to see if any new posts on this forum exist.
so sad BUT TRUE!

also: You spend most of your adult life reorganizng both your Serato file structure and your entire master music databases at home.

hell, I bring my master EXT to work, to get shit organized everyday. LOL
IMAGEone 10:58 PM - 30 October, 2008
...if your closet is filled with shoes to match every conceivable outfit you can think of.

...if you pack your suitcase around the shoes your wearing to each gig.
matt212 11:10 PM - 30 October, 2008
Quote:
...if your closet is filled with shoes to match every conceivable outfit you can think of.

I think goes in the "You may be a professional metrosexual if" thread. hahaha
Audio1 11:16 PM - 30 October, 2008
^^ DEPENDS. I KNOW DUDES who match the color of their headphone gear with their shoes and outfits... At least, Thanks to WESC and Skull Candy for that.
DjWoody 11:27 PM - 30 October, 2008
Tell me about it. All day Sunday, my girl and I went shopping for music videos. At least my girl knows what's up with me. She's really into music and I think she wants to learn how to DJ cuz she's always asking me questions.
DJ d.range 12:20 AM - 31 October, 2008
you might be slightly retarded if:

Quote:

Marty Mcfly 1:21 AM - 31 October, 2008
you try to mentally "beat match" the turn indicators of cars ahead of you with yours when you sit at the lights.
Kenny Q 1:31 AM - 31 October, 2008
your more interested in the producer instead of the artist of the song.
dja_one 1:45 AM - 31 October, 2008
Quote:
You spend most of your adult life reorganizng both your Serato file structure and your entire master music databases at home.

hell, I bring my master EXT to work, to get shit organized everyday. LOL

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA....That is me all day.

And I have to constantly explain to new chicks..."If I ain't getting paid I am not going to no club. Unless I know the promoter and we are VIP." It's so nerve racking but most of them catch on fast and stop asking after 2 times...haha
BriChi 2:34 AM - 31 October, 2008
Quote:
you try to mentally "beat match" the turn indicators of cars ahead of you with yours when you sit at the lights.

hahahaha I DO THAT, its a sickness
DjWoody 3:05 AM - 31 October, 2008
Everwhere you go you think it would be a dope spot for a club.
DjWoody 3:06 AM - 31 October, 2008
Most of the people on your cell's phonebook start with the word DJ.
frost-9 3:18 AM - 31 October, 2008
Quote:

lmao.. I've seriously done that. Yes, I am a loser.
DeezNotes 3:27 AM - 31 October, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

lmao.. I've seriously done that. Yes, I am a loser.

Those blinkers NEVER match. Even on the same car make/model. I've been doing this for years. lol
Marty Mcfly 5:53 AM - 31 October, 2008
lol its happend to me a couple of times... but doesnt last long.
if only the indicators had pitch bend. =P
matt212 6:10 AM - 31 October, 2008
you mentally "beat match" the windshield wipers to the song you're listening to on the radio.
DJ Sniffles 6:27 AM - 31 October, 2008
You mentally beat match the blinker light to the song on the radio.

You subconciously hear another song when you first hear a new cut and quickly go home to see if its a good mix, only to forget the song you were thinking of when you heard the new song.
djkyletaylor 7:04 AM - 31 October, 2008
When your at the club and you the DJ got all of his mashups at Crooklyn Clan!
djkyletaylor 7:05 AM - 31 October, 2008
^^ Know
skinnyguy 9:59 AM - 31 October, 2008
...speaking of mentally beat matching...anybody ever walk around at a car show and hear one car bumping a song and another car playing a different song....and you get frustrated because they're not beatmatched AND you can't do anything to speed up or slow down the songs to sync them?
DJ Dynamite - NJ 2:15 PM - 31 October, 2008
Quote:
...speaking of mentally beat matching...anybody ever walk around at a car show and hear one car bumping a song and another car playing a different song....and you get frustrated because they're not beatmatched AND you can't do anything to speed up or slow down the songs to sync them?

So true...LOL
D-Riot 2:40 PM - 31 October, 2008
E A Sports....It's In The Game!!!....Many a hung over morning packing up gear and in the background of the club is that E A Sports thing spitting out of some video game..going on over and over and over....Incentive to pack up faster!
DJ Young Herrera 2:45 PM - 31 October, 2008
I don't think I've ever seen a video game in a night club.
Certified Quality Entertainment 2:45 PM - 31 October, 2008
Another beat matching thing I do is when I am driving on the highway and I try to beat match the song playing on the radio with the lines in the road. So every beat I pass another line in the road. I can't be the only one that's done that.
javlingames 3:35 PM - 31 October, 2008
This is the funniest thread I have ever read on this forum!! Everything said here is so TRUE, everything!! hahahahahahahahah
DJ Dynamite - NJ 3:56 PM - 31 October, 2008
Quote:
Another beat matching thing I do is when I am driving on the highway and I try to beat match the song playing on the radio with the lines in the road. So every beat I pass another line in the road. I can't be the only one that's done that.

hhhmmmmm... Maybe that's the reason I keep getting all those speeding tickets. I gotta stop listening to house music when I drive :-P
DJ Young Herrera 4:02 PM - 31 October, 2008
The backseat of your car is never open for passengers. Its always folded down to accomodate the gear that you tote around.
Caramac 4:07 PM - 31 October, 2008
You have note pads and your phone ready to record just on the off chance you hear tune on the radio that's slipped by your digging ears.
DJJorel 4:56 PM - 31 October, 2008
You go to different places (theaters, courtyards, etc.....and sometimes even churches) and imagine what changes you would do to make it a dope night club...

And the first thing you say to yourself is, "The DJ booth would go right there, and the sound system will kick a$$..."
Dj_KaGeN 5:49 PM - 31 October, 2008
when looking at a new place to live, you're thinking where you're going to setup your decks, and store the rest of your gear.
Dj_KaGeN 5:51 PM - 31 October, 2008
along the lines of Woody.....

you see a building for sale as your driving and have dreams of pimping the place out to be a fuckin super club.
frost-9 6:03 PM - 31 October, 2008
you can't spell "professional"
DJ d.range 6:28 PM - 31 October, 2008
Quote:
You mentally beat match the blinker light to the song on the radio.

You subconciously hear another song when you first hear a new cut and quickly go home to see if its a good mix, only to forget the song you were thinking of when you heard the new song.

I use the memo pad on my phone for when I come up with mixes when I'm away from the decks.
I even thought about the possibilty of adding another iPod to my iPhone so when I get these ideas I could at least hear the songs over each other, even tho there would be no way to match them
DJ DECK 6:47 PM - 31 October, 2008
...when you are listening to mixes and knowing what song is gonna be mixed next, and then start doing your own sound effects (i.e beat boxxing) that you think will sound good.
sixxx 7:06 PM - 31 October, 2008
Quote:
having dinner at 3 in the morning is normal.

Or a barfly, groupie, etc.
sixxx 7:07 PM - 31 October, 2008
Quote:
you can't listen to more than a minute and a half of any song.

Or just ADD issues.
sixxx 7:10 PM - 31 October, 2008
Talking about beatmatching.....

You're beatmatching YOUR CAR'S BLINKER light/sound to the car in front of you while in the turn lane waiting for the red light to turn green.
DJ_PHAZE 7:19 PM - 31 October, 2008
You take your Serato bag to your real job instead if a briefcase and spend more time working on your crates and libraries vs. what you really get paid to do. I LOVE my good government job ;-)
DJ_PHAZE 7:32 PM - 31 October, 2008
You hear a new song and you either already know the name of the songs and artist they sampled from and obsess about it all the way home to put together a combo to school the microwaves. examples: MIA "paper planes"... T.I. "Swagger like us"
Spandu Ballet (80's)... PM dawn (90's)... Lloyd (2006)
Audio1 7:34 PM - 31 October, 2008
Quote:
I'm the same way, my girl is always mad because I'm making a new playlist, deleting songs, moving songs etc. It's never ending. And now that I'm doing videos too it's even worse!
Its an everyday thing!

Quote:
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA....That is me all day.

And I have to constantly explain to new chicks..."If I ain't getting paid I am not going to no club. Unless I know the promoter and we are VIP." It's so nerve racking but most of them catch on fast and stop asking after 2 times...haha
Yes. Very true... As DJ's, Were cheapskates when it comes to our nights off. LOL

Quote:
Most of the people on your cell's phonebook start with the word DJ.
Looks at Cellphone. DJ Greg J, DJ EROCK, DJ Bandoma, DJ DANLO, DJ J Espinosa, DJ CQ, DJ Static, DJ Novakane, DJ MSF, DJ Steve1der, DJ Victor Menegaux.... LOL

Quote:
You take your Serato bag to your real job instead if a briefcase and spend more time working on your crates and libraries vs. what you really get paid to do. I LOVE my good government job ;-)
I work in tech support and Yo, Im looking at my iBook G4. SSL is rescanning ID3 tags and I have a batch of new/classic heater stuff scanning on MIK. We just found a massive amount of classic stuff on the Cicana archives that Im sifting thru on my master EXT. LOL IT NEVER EVER ENDS!

SSL is a lifestyle.
Audio1 7:35 PM - 31 October, 2008
Quote:
You hear a new song and you either already know the name of the songs and artist they sampled from and obsess about it all the way home to put together a combo to school the microwaves. examples: MIA "paper planes"... T.I. "Swagger like us"
Spandu Ballet (80's)... PM dawn (90's)... Lloyd (2006)

I do that always with my wife...

Quote:
When a song comes on the radio, You explain to your significant other the history of the song and/or artists or my personal favorite, explain the source sample used by the producer to create the hit. LOL
djjpogi 9:17 PM - 31 October, 2008
Quote:
You may be a professional if:

ive done this MANY of times
DjWoody 11:57 PM - 31 October, 2008
Quote:

Hahaha That's me right now. I brough my bag with my external and lappy so I can organize my music for tomorrow!!! lol
lofty 12:03 AM - 1 November, 2008
you notice if a pedestrian is walking in beat of the track playing in your car.
djchope 5:43 AM - 1 November, 2008
Quote:
you notice if a pedestrian is walking in beat of the track playing in your car.

i hate when i notice that im walking in beat, i feel like im modeling or dancing lol..i try walking slower
Who Cares 9:14 AM - 1 November, 2008
Quote:

damn this shit's so tru...loll
Cool Hand Lex 4:55 PM - 1 November, 2008
Quote:
you can't spell "professional"

LMAO!
dj buterd hams 5:30 PM - 1 November, 2008
I can not turn my car off and radio off beat . Its got to be on the 1 or somewhere clean sounding not just anywhere . Hahahaha. So if I turn my car off I wait till on point
matt212 8:34 PM - 1 November, 2008
...you ride in the car with the radio completely off most of the time.
djchope 8:40 PM - 1 November, 2008
Quote:

and play tunes on your head,even mix them
lol guilty
Audio1 9:26 PM - 1 November, 2008
Quote:
Quote:

and play tunes on your head,even mix them
lol guilty
Call me a nerd but I do that sometimes... Most of the time, I have the dial locked to 740AM which is a CBS news station, to keep up on the local and world news. If im feeling it, Ill tune into Wild or KMEL if needed. KMEL's only savior these days is that Scotty Fox is such an amazing DJ who can mix anything!
DJ_PHAZE 4:46 PM - 2 November, 2008
Quote:

Cuz the local uncreative mixshow talent on the local stations suck, the personalities are inarticulate and you can only learn what not to do so many times from listening to the bums.
DJDemand 5:50 PM - 2 November, 2008
when cooking, you choose the oven over the "microwave" 9 times out of 10 because after hearing it so many times in this forum you want nothing to do with the word
DJ Sniffles 6:19 PM - 2 November, 2008
Quote:
when cooking, you choose the oven over the "microwave" 9 times out of 10 because after hearing it so many times in this forum you want nothing to do with the word

Wooooow....you should live in your computer
DjWoody 8:04 PM - 2 November, 2008
You're the only one that notices when the other DJ's fuck up.
frost-9 8:42 PM - 2 November, 2008
Quote:
Wooooow....you should live in your computer

lmao. what up TRON..
DJ Michael Basic 8:57 PM - 2 November, 2008
You don't know the 2nd or 3rd verse of a song and you're surprised when you hear it.
matt212 10:00 PM - 2 November, 2008
Quote:
You don't know the 2nd or 3rd verse of a song and you're surprised when you hear it.

LOL!! On top of that...you think its a remix when you DO hear it. haha
javlingames 12:02 PM - 3 November, 2008
This is just as funny as was on friday, keep em coming
cheeba (the believer) 3:37 PM - 3 November, 2008
Quote:
...you can't spell "professional"

lol... priceless
DJ_PHAZE 2:38 PM - 4 November, 2008
You make more money mixing in one night in comparison to a week's pay at your 9-5, but you benefit plan is what's keeps you there.
DJ Young Herrera 4:26 PM - 4 November, 2008
Word up. But its more like, DJing in one week.
XSV 5:17 PM - 4 November, 2008
Quote:
You make more money mixing in one night in comparison to a week's pay at your 9-5, but you benefit plan is what's keeps you there.

The absolute truth!!!
BriChi 6:10 PM - 4 November, 2008
very true
R-Tistic 7:01 PM - 4 November, 2008
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The absolute truth!!!

sad but true...

LOL! I wouldn't say a "week's" pay, but definitely 2-3 days worth of working 8 hours a day can equal what we make in 3-5 hrs DJing. But yeah, benefits and stability will always make me keep a regular job...along with the fact that there's no one to DJ for between 9-5 every day, since they're all working too! So why not do it all?
R-Tistic 7:14 PM - 4 November, 2008
LOL there are some DJ's who do make that much, but with me, I don't even think I'd want to stop working if I was making $120,000+ annually from DJing.

Yeah, it is all about the future as you say..that's one of the main things. Aside from that, imagine you make $60,000 a year at your current job and position. If you stop working for 10-15 years and ONLY DJ, imagine if DJing slows down, or stayed at the same pace....if you had kept that job, you would have progressed to much higher positions and would be at $90,000-$120,000$...so if you did want to start working again, you'd be back to where you started at, position/title wise and salary wise.
DJ JEMZ 2:30 PM - 20 April, 2010
randomly singing a song..then you somehow end up mixing another song into it..while making "scratching" noises...hell, if it's not outloud, im thinking of it in my head... LOL
DJ JEMZ 2:31 PM - 20 April, 2010
whoops...just realized this thread was like 2 yrs old..mah bad haha
DJ Dynamite - NJ 2:34 PM - 20 April, 2010
doesn't matter how old the thread is. If you got something to add feel free
ZESH! 3:43 PM - 20 April, 2010
...You visit this site more than your Facebook
Henry GQ 5:39 PM - 20 April, 2010
when u do laundry at midnight...
Henry GQ 5:39 PM - 20 April, 2010
when ur more active at 9pm then all day long...
Henry GQ 5:40 PM - 20 April, 2010
when u go and find the most light blocking curtains u can buy.
Henry GQ 5:40 PM - 20 April, 2010
when u gain weight from eating at 3am(breakfast with the bartenders)
Henry GQ 5:41 PM - 20 April, 2010
when ur thrusday, friday and saturday is actually sunday, monday and tuesday.
Henry GQ 5:42 PM - 20 April, 2010
when u cant remember peoples names...
Henry GQ 5:44 PM - 20 April, 2010
when all ur friends are djs.bartenders.bouncers.. and people that are super big patrons in ur club
DJ Benny B NYC 5:44 PM - 20 April, 2010
you schedule all dates with your girlfriend amonth in advance
Henry GQ 5:44 PM - 20 April, 2010
when people call u by ur dj name. people actually think my last name is GQ hahaha
CMOS 5:44 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:

What is this "light" you speak of?
Henry GQ 5:45 PM - 20 April, 2010
when the only time u flirt and dance with girls is in the dj booth
Henry GQ 5:45 PM - 20 April, 2010
sun light
Henry GQ 5:46 PM - 20 April, 2010
whenrefuse to go to abar/
Henry GQ 5:46 PM - 20 April, 2010
when u refuse to go to a bar/club where there is no dj.
Henry GQ 5:47 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:

and then break that date cuz u booked a gig at anew place
Henry GQ 5:49 PM - 20 April, 2010
u buy a vehicle based on whether it can fit ur dj gear
DJ Stoyvo 5:51 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
when u do laundry at midnight...

When you do laundy at 4 am because you're DJing at midnight
DJ Benny B NYC 5:52 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

and then break that date cuz u booked a gig at anew place

ha been there
DJ Benny B NYC 5:53 PM - 20 April, 2010
when you get really mad that everything isnt open 24 hours
DJ Benny B NYC 5:54 PM - 20 April, 2010
when your friends stop showing you their itunes because you cant stop dissing their playlists
DJ Benny B NYC 5:55 PM - 20 April, 2010
when you're the only one in the new hipster record shop that can open the plastic on a new record with your jeans
Henry GQ 5:56 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
when you're the only one in the new hipster record shop that can open the plastic on a new record with your jeans

hahah wow! memories!
DJ Benny B NYC 5:58 PM - 20 April, 2010
youre out at a club and you know every single word to every song
DJ Benny B NYC 5:59 PM - 20 April, 2010
youre out at a club and you know half the bouncers and bartenders there
DJ Benny B NYC 5:59 PM - 20 April, 2010
youre out at a
DJ Benny B NYC 6:00 PM - 20 April, 2010
youre out at a club and you stop dancing and listen intently each time the song changes
Henry GQ 6:06 PM - 20 April, 2010
when ur out the first thing u do is give the dj playing a high five... and then go grab a drink
DjLouSince82 6:54 PM - 20 April, 2010
have spin spinnning for 25+ yrs, no day has gone by without listening to the latest tracks, buying music daily, contant thinking more about djing then sex, obsessed with music in all forms, dream about djing, takin shit and think about djing and scratching with hands to your own beat..no this all true in my life ..and till i die..i dont give a fck what anyone thinks..im a dj ..Period!
djchope 7:20 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
have spin spinnning for 25+ yrs, no day has gone by without listening to the latest tracks, buying music daily, contant thinking more about djing then sex, obsessed with music in all forms, dream about djing, takin shit and think about djing and scratching with hands to your own beat..no this all true in my life ..and till i die..i dont give a fck what anyone thinks..im a dj ..Period!

+1
(no homo) i think the only time i don't think about sex is when im DJ'ing haha
Certified Quality Entertainment 7:24 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
u buy a vehicle based on whether it can fit ur dj gear

+1

Quote:
youre out at a club and you stop dancing and listen intently each time the song changes

+2
DJ Dynamite - NJ 7:27 PM - 20 April, 2010
When you can't listen to the radio because they play the same 6 songs every hour
DJ Stoyvo 7:28 PM - 20 April, 2010
you don't play songs by miley cyrus
DJ DECK 7:29 PM - 20 April, 2010
When you always have the scratch live forum open (logged in) during work hours. lol
DJ Dynamite - NJ 7:33 PM - 20 April, 2010
When you diss hot chicks because you think they're flirting with you so that you'll play Britney Spears
DJ Benny B NYC 8:56 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
you don't play songs by miley cyrus

dont you wish this was true for radio djs too!!
Certified Quality Entertainment 9:09 PM - 20 April, 2010
When you go to a Wedding and are pissed the minute you walk in the door because you see a band playing.
Henry GQ 9:25 PM - 20 April, 2010
actually i think thats the only time i enjoy seeing bands... is at weddings, u just dont see that much.
fcprod1 9:59 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:

+1 hahaha
Jay Sol 10:06 PM - 20 April, 2010
you know how to spell "professional"
Djaward 10:56 PM - 20 April, 2010
When you AIR SCRATCH. And when you walk around practicing your crab scratch (fader hand only).
djchope 11:00 PM - 20 April, 2010
when you have nightmares of you DJ'ing for example ive had a lot where i train-wreck but can't do anything about it.makes me mad...i always have them after i come back from my gig..sad :(
DJFUNKMIKE 11:02 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:

haha! thats me^^,
Dj_Dropz_ 11:02 PM - 20 April, 2010
instead of enjoying ur night out at the bar/club, you are instead a critic to the playing dj telling your friends when he fucks up and listening to the mix like if it was classical music....
DJ Mr. $ 11:12 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
When you AIR SCRATCH. And when you walk around practicing your crab scratch (fader hand only).

i do that all the time lol
Dj Mike P. 12:00 AM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
When you go to a Wedding and are pissed the minute you walk in the door because you see a band playing.

Werd, same here.or I picture myself as their dj.
dj_stylus 12:39 AM - 21 April, 2010
You wish the turning blinker in your car had a pitch slider (to match the song on the radio).
Certified Quality Entertainment 1:25 AM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
actually i think thats the only time i enjoy seeing bands... is at weddings, u just dont see that much.

I guess...if its a good band. EVERY wedding I've been invited to that had a band has been sub par. Not fun! :(
Maskrider 1:30 AM - 21 April, 2010
Your not using an IPOD for Djing.
Henry GQ 1:31 AM - 21 April, 2010
or auto sync
dj_craigmac 1:42 AM - 21 April, 2010
when u know the club inside and out but when u r not working u don't know what to do with yourself while u r there.

when bein at home on a saturday night feels strange
djbanno 1:46 AM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
You wish the turning blinker in your car had a pitch slider (to match the song on the radio).

LOL, i thought it was only me that did that!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:49 AM - 21 April, 2010
When you're planning a long drive with the fam, and make CD's especially for the trip.
dj buterd hams 2:03 AM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

nope it kills me i cant control blinker hahahaha
Henry GQ 2:30 AM - 21 April, 2010
when u would rather dj then fuck ur girl.. sometimes.
dj buterd hams 2:33 AM - 21 April, 2010
hahahaha
djbanno 2:36 AM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
..sometimes.

;-)
djchope 4:29 AM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

every time i do turn it on i try to calculated when to pull it down or up in order to match it, if it un-matches i reset it
DJ Skitz (USA) 4:36 AM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I would pay for some one to mod my car to make this possible. I Have wanted to do this ever since I started driving.
beatdown 4:38 AM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

hahah wow! memories!

+1
Diamond Duckets 4:52 AM - 21 April, 2010
You've told a club manager to go fuck himself, packed up your shit, and left in the middle of a gig at least once in your career.
Laz219 7:22 AM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Also thought it was only me as well.
Dj.Mojo 11:38 AM - 21 April, 2010
You try to beatmatch your car´s turn signal with the radio.
Jay Sol 11:45 AM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
You try to beatmatch your car´s turn signal with the radio.

late to the party?
Dj.Mojo 11:49 AM - 21 April, 2010
I guess so... didn´t feel like reading EVERY post.

DAMN, it was right above...
Jay Sol 12:02 PM - 21 April, 2010
lol
DJ Skitz (USA) 1:21 PM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I would pay for some one to mod my car to make this possible. I Have wanted to do this ever since I started driving.
skinnyguy 7:50 PM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Your not using an IPOD for Djing.

don't forget ipad...unless it's used as a midi controller =P
DJ Benny B NYC 8:36 PM - 21 April, 2010
youre listening to your ipod and wish you could beatmatch between the songs
locked groove 9:06 PM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
You've told a club manager to go fuck himself, packed up your shit, and left in the middle of a gig at least once in your career.

I think that means you're just a douchebag and not professional.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:12 PM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

depends on the situation
DJWALDO 9:55 PM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

depends on the situation

+10000

some ho threw a drink at the booth cause I wouldn't play the cupid shuffle... they decided to let her stay in the building so I left
Dj Farhan 12:32 AM - 22 April, 2010
when u write down notes on ur phone bout songs u just realized in ur head would fuse perfectly.
djchope 12:34 AM - 22 April, 2010
when your phone is full of dj names/promoters/artist/musicians...
djchope 12:34 AM - 22 April, 2010
when you get text by people you don't even know and they want you to dj there event
Dj Farhan 12:34 AM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
when your phone is full of dj names/promoters/artist/musicians...

guilty
djchope 12:38 AM - 22 April, 2010
..if your thoughts of a scratch noise is not "wiki wiki" but more like "wik wik wok wik wik wik wok wak wok wak aka iki" lol
djbanno 1:12 AM - 22 April, 2010
...if you have indirectly influenced at least 5 of your dj mates to move over from other DVS's to Serato ScratchLive.
alexplicit 1:31 AM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:

I can match my wipers to the bpm... i have fully ajdustable intermittent wipers... i just love it when it rains!!
djbanno 1:38 AM - 22 April, 2010
^ Make, model please...

***reaches for checkbook***
alexplicit 1:45 AM - 22 April, 2010
mazda mx-6 with the V6
alexplicit 1:47 AM - 22 April, 2010
i found a picture online:

carphotos.cardomain.com
djbanno 1:53 AM - 22 April, 2010
This feature will def be on my next car...lol
...now for the indicator pitch slider...
(i could then BPM match the wipers, indicator AND radio)
dj buterd hams 2:08 AM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
when u write down notes on ur phone bout songs u just realized in ur head would fuse perfectly.

+1000
dj buterd hams 2:09 AM - 22 April, 2010
when ur driving and have to turn radio off on beat . something that sounds dope not in the middle .
dj buterd hams 2:10 AM - 22 April, 2010
when listen to a "regualr " cd ( mix) and think the pause inbetween tracks is freakin forever long
Dj Farhan 2:11 AM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
when listen to a "regualr " cd ( mix) and think the pause inbetween tracks is freakin forever long

guilty
Henry GQ 7:09 AM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
...if you have indirectly influenced at least 5 of your dj mates to move over from other DVS's to Serato ScratchLive.

if u have encouraged 5 djs to stop djing... period.
djchope 7:19 AM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

if u have encouraged 5 djs to stop djing... period.

+1
Dj.Mojo 8:28 AM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:

Three deck mixing on the road.
sacrilicious 9:08 AM - 22 April, 2010
3+ deck car mixing:

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJYoshi 1:34 PM - 22 April, 2010
you hear a song on the radio and you automatically think what the next song should be

you have a metronome in your head and can bpm music without the help of software or counting.

you remember the year and month each club banger came out

you remember what the cover of each record looks like in your crates
Dj.Mojo 1:37 PM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:

you remember what the cover of each record looks like in your crates

Easy, 90% is black.
DJ ENUF 2:35 PM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

^^^and i think that means your new to the game and have a lot to learn.
DJ ENUF 2:38 PM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:

3 LINE MIXING WTF! you better install autosync so u can get more creative with that ish!
djanthonyd 3:27 PM - 26 April, 2010
you curse out the landscaping people for waking you up at least once every week
Dj.Mojo 9:31 AM - 27 April, 2010
as well as the church bell, the machine that sweeps the street, people that through bottles in containers, dogs that bark, neighbours who argue AND EVERYTHING THAT TAKES YOUR SLEEPING TIME AWAY
DJ CON-STRUC 1:20 AM - 28 April, 2010
Quote:
when you have nightmares of you DJ'ing for example ive had a lot where i train-wreck but can't do anything about it.makes me mad...i always have them after i come back from my gig..sad :(

Oh man... This happens to me all the time, i had a dream just last night that i was playing reggae and i was searching for "sweat" by inner circle but it wouldn't come up when i looked for it and the track i was playing (which i don't remember) ran out and it was complete silence and then i froze up. AHHH! then i woke up. lol weird huh?
ta2423 4:10 AM - 28 April, 2010
When you walk around the grocery store snapping all your fingers with your right hand and slicing air vinyl in your left. Im sure it looks like im deee da deee without my helmet.
When you play around with ms paint making your own colored cvg's
When you spend hours on a recordpool looking over everything for a 10th time making sure you didnt miss something you gotta have.
When you walk into a club and critique another dj's mixing and find his flaws.
When the promoter puts you on the flyer's before you even know.
When you start effing with your equiptment on monday at 4pm then look at the clock and its 3am.
When other dj's want your harddrives...
CRB Radio 4:53 AM - 28 April, 2010
when you can guess the BPM range without SL
feniks 6:49 AM - 28 April, 2010
...if you can't mix, scratch or rock the crowd.
djanthonyd 5:52 PM - 29 April, 2010
Quote:
as well as the church bell, the machine that sweeps the street, people that through bottles in containers, dogs that bark, neighbours who argue AND EVERYTHING THAT TAKES YOUR SLEEPING TIME AWAY

amen.
Caliber 6:00 PM - 29 April, 2010
Quote:

guilty
DJ metaphor 6:15 PM - 29 April, 2010
when you hear a rap song at the mall and you immediately start scratching...... in your mind...

when your girlfriend tells you to get off your decks and start listening to her.

when people only know you as your DJ name.
xplycyt 11:44 AM - 2 May, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

guilty

when you've memorised the BPM's of tons of tracks and when you hear a song, you can think of 5+ tracks within the same BPM range that would work perfectly...and pull out notepads to write the possible mixes.
BERTO 5:16 PM - 2 May, 2010
when u get excited when the windshield washers match the beat of the song playing and u get angry when it goes off beat
Turn Table Tennis 6:31 PM - 2 May, 2010
when you try and sync your blinkers to the blinkers on the car in front of you.
when your girl friend asks twice a day "did you hear anything i just said or are you looking for songs on that fucking record pool again"
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:45 PM - 2 May, 2010
Quote:
when u get excited when the windshield washers match the beat of the song playing and u get angry when it goes off beat

Man, we ALL have pitch control on our wipers...

Where u been?
MexiKanMan 8:14 PM - 2 May, 2010
when your wife puts a gear catalog in front of you and tells you to circle what you want for Xmas, bday, father's day, anniversary, valentines...
MexiKanMan 8:14 PM - 2 May, 2010
and your first question is "how much do you want to spend"
MexiKanMan 8:15 PM - 2 May, 2010
when you get in a fight about two lights you just bought for $600 but can't afford ______ for the house.
Cavalry 8:23 PM - 2 May, 2010
when you know you need $$ for food and other groceries for the next 2 weeks but you blow it all on new equipment anyways...
Henry GQ 8:57 PM - 2 May, 2010
whne collecting colored vinyl is liek collecting baseball cars. dub cowboy
feniks 10:32 PM - 2 May, 2010
Hmmm...what exactly is a "baseball car"
Henry GQ 10:36 PM - 2 May, 2010
baseball card. sorry i have a wireless keyboard that sucks
feniks 10:38 PM - 2 May, 2010
Yeah...just messing with you.
Laz219 11:16 PM - 2 May, 2010
When You've spent the last week checking ebay every hour to see if any more techs have been put up for a good price.
Laz219 12:31 AM - 3 May, 2010
This video seriously annoys you:
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Dynamite - NJ 1:26 AM - 3 May, 2010
You refuse to take requests!!
Henry GQ 2:18 AM - 3 May, 2010
why does that video annoy u ?

the only thing that annoys me is the kid riding his dick..
Laz219 3:10 AM - 3 May, 2010
Yeh, nothing to do with Craze, just the kid in the background.
djchope 4:57 AM - 3 May, 2010
if...you have ever bump into a client/promoter at grocery stores or innocent type places like that...hahah
DJ CON-STRUC 2:13 AM - 4 May, 2010
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

it annoys me that i can't cut it up as nice a craze! haha
djphunknasty 10:38 PM - 12 May, 2010
...You've stopped sniffing shower curtains and rubber balls from the candy machines, and get high on the smell of vinyl records now instead.
Dj Farhan 10:42 PM - 12 May, 2010
every time u look at ur screen, u think of ways to making serato more versatile
sacrilicious 2:47 AM - 22 May, 2010
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Cool Kids. Sick track
feniks 6:05 AM - 22 May, 2010
For a second there I thought he was rockin red red vinyl.....then the lights changed.
Dj Young One 3:01 PM - 7 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

HAHA wow its nice to know theres more ppl that do that other than me!
djchrischip 12:28 AM - 8 October, 2010
Quote:

does a beach club manager count?
djchrischip 12:30 AM - 8 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

it annoys me that i can't cut it up as nice a craze! haha

ya he is a beast
MusicDan 12:39 AM - 8 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I guess...if its a good band. EVERY wedding I've been invited to that had a band has been sub par. Not fun! :(

Actually that's not a bad thing. Makes you seem like you are a great DJ.
MusicDan 12:44 AM - 8 October, 2010
Quote:

You need auto sync for that, and then you are not a professional, lol!!!
MusicDan 12:45 AM - 8 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

3 LINE MIXING WTF! you better install autosync so u can get more creative with that ish!

Oops, maybe I should read the whole thread before I post.
DouggyFresh 1:19 AM - 8 October, 2010
...when you look at the DJ Craze video and think "why didn't they hide the wires"
DJ Tecniq 1:52 AM - 8 October, 2010
When your girlfriend leaves you because she says you love dj'ing more than her

^ my life story hahaha....
DJ Tecniq 1:55 AM - 8 October, 2010
When you're getting a bj in your car of a club you just played at by some 18 yr old...LOL that's rockstar status ;)
DJ Tecniq 1:57 AM - 8 October, 2010
When you play "name that tune with your family in car and end up always being the winner" they really hate me for that..:(
DJ Tecniq 2:02 AM - 8 October, 2010
When you walk around the club and constantly get starred at by young girls and you can just see them whispering "that's the dj"

or when you've had a bad night at your gig you just wanna be left alone and smoke a cig and not have stupid girls or drunks bother you cause u were dissapointed with your performance. that's def me on a bad night
DJ Tecniq 2:05 AM - 8 October, 2010
When you go to an afterparty and pack up your decks from the night just to spin records till morning while drinking beer with your dj friends/reg friends.
DJ Tecniq 2:06 AM - 8 October, 2010
When your friends girlfriends start paying more attention to you. calling you, txt'ing you, wanting your D. :p
DJ Tecniq 2:18 AM - 8 October, 2010
You know you can beat pauly d in a battle.. sorry
DJ Tecniq 2:24 AM - 8 October, 2010
When you constantly get in fights with your girl cause she thinks you talk to much about dj'ing and never listen to her.
DJ Tecniq 2:27 AM - 8 October, 2010
You never have to pay to get in clubs you've played at or never played at.
DJ Tecniq 2:28 AM - 8 October, 2010
Your license plate is your dj name <-- lol guilty
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:57 AM - 8 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually that's not a bad thing. Makes you seem like you are a great DJ.

You DJ so bad, you need somebody else to make you look good....
djbanno 10:04 AM - 8 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oops, maybe I should read the whole thread before I post.

...you can mix 3 decks creatively WITHOUT autosync :p