Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

New MP44 w/serato bult in

djkenace 8:59 AM - 9 February, 2006
So with the introduction of the new TTM 57 w/ serato I would hope the next club mixer mainly the MP44 will feature the same thing but a 4 CH club mixer, It must be 19" rackmountable or at least have detachable rackrails.
punosion 5:55 AM - 10 February, 2006
Hmm...with 4-turntable control record ability! The same turntable display, only set up like Xbox 4-player style. >:) Maybe solve the potential screen real estate problem by making the entire track selection window dragable to either edge of the screen to make the tables on the opposite edge visible, even hide it if you wanted to so you could see all 4 tables at the same time.

OK, maybe a little crazy...just dreaming.
djkenace 8:32 PM - 13 February, 2006
haha yeah thats the idea, remember the MP 44 is a club mixer so you can GET a little nuts and Dreams do come true. haha. :-)
lesterdiamond 6:00 PM - 16 February, 2006
how much will it be?
djkenace 4:08 AM - 22 February, 2006
well the MP 44 retails for about $1999.00 so with the serato built in use your imagination. :-)
Thundercat 4:32 AM - 7 March, 2006
Would there be enough USB bandwidth to handle 4 stereo channels + control signals / mic / line record? Either 2 screen support or modified interface to display 4 decks simultaneously would be my choice. What would be minimum specs for a computer to easily handle a full 4 decks? Why not go all out and add the effects from the 57 too? And PLEASE the magnetic faders. Make it and I'll take two. Ballpark $3000.00? More?
dGutz 8:07 AM - 7 March, 2006
Considering I currently use a mp44 with 2 dual cd players by denon, I'm all about a mp44 with ssl built in, if you got a preorder list sign me up :)!!
Eddie Blendz 1:48 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Wouldn't it really be two SL 1s built in to give you 4 control channels...? So, now what's the price? ;-) And would you want to be able to plug in two different computers so you're not restricted to one? Either 4 stereo channels from one computer (w/ two screen support) OR 2 stereo from two computers?

Thoughts?

4 channels from one computer is exactly what I would love to have. The ability to control mp3's through my CD player as well as turntables.

For me, I use turntables strictly for Hip-Hop/R&B because of the natural feel and scratch sound of vinyl and the CD player for everything else. 95% of the time everyone uses 2 channels for mixing and 1 deck for 1 song, but don't leave the option out for another computer that can be added for people who use three decks, for that add another deck on the screen and make it four. Hahahaha.

This is nice for permanent installs where you have your CD DJ's and your turntable DJ's or the one's who play both. You wont ever have to upgrade to anything else.

I have the MP44 and it kinda sucks that I have to switch from line to phono in set up, then switch rca cables from the Serato interface to utilize my CD player or Turntables. How about new interface or an add on to the present one?

Just some thoughts Steve. Thanks.

P.S.If a new MP44 is in the works, please put either the TTM56 or Empath crossfader in it.
dGutz 11:09 PM - 9 May, 2006
Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 6:19 AM - 14 June, 2006
mp44 in a 12" footprint.... let's do this puppy
Thundercat 10:11 PM - 14 June, 2006
Well, I just gave myself a home improvement 401k loan, should some of that sneak its way into my covert operations fund? You know what I am talking about, that side acct that the wife doesn't check for abnormally large withdrawals (mostly because she doesn't know about it). Or should I just commit to the ttm57 now and forego any possible future 4-channel SSL magnetic fader dream machine?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:42 AM - 15 June, 2006
bro thunda.... buy stuff @ homedepot using your debit card, then return it for ca$h :)

...hehe, we're so bad huh :)
Thundercat 12:46 AM - 15 June, 2006
Wife works PT at the Home Depot. Scratch that bright idea!
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 1:29 AM - 15 June, 2006
ok then, bout Lowes?
Pete Moss 9:50 PM - 15 June, 2006
I'd be happy with a new MP24 that features standard SSL 2 player. Some of us need a 19" unit with lots of inputs for other things. Also, the MP24 is damn-near standard issue for most bars and clubs.

Also, maybe be able to assign the inputs on the board to the SSL so that you can switch from vinyl to CD. That would allow a lot of flexibility without a major engineering task.
DJMark 10:08 PM - 15 June, 2006
I still think this would be a better idea:

www.scratchlive.net

That way, Rane doesn't have to re-design all their mixers to include SSL, and people wanting a higher-end solution can pair it with their choice of mixer.

I originally wrote that posting before the TTM-57 was announced, maybe the front panel of the "pro" interface should have the type of joysticks/controls that were included on the 57.
Pete Moss 10:29 PM - 15 June, 2006
I've read that post before, it is one of the greatest posts in the history of this forum. However, it seems like more of us peculiar 'big mixer' guys need to make ourselves known because it often feels like everyone on here is using a 2-channel scratch mixer.
Thundercat 1:01 AM - 16 June, 2006
It really saddens me at times that a mixer that would cater too all of my needs does not exist. Heck, if they would just make a 4-channel version of the 57SL I would be happy. It could still support only 2 virtual decks (that you could dynamically assign to any channel) and run both simultaneously along with 2 more analog channels (total 4 in the mix) along with your aux, fx sends & returns and mic.

I too am a big mixer guy. I like to do 'tablist stuff as well as mix big. As it stands right now, it seems like I am forced to choose between one or the other as there is no one product that has the best of both.
DJMark 1:10 AM - 16 June, 2006
Quote:
I've read that post before, it is one of the greatest posts in the history of this forum. However, it seems like more of us peculiar 'big mixer' guys need to make ourselves known because it often feels like everyone on here is using a 2-channel scratch mixer.

I think a lot of this is because of the current product focus of SSL (turntablism). If there was a viable CDJ-type control-surface available for SSL, making it more useful without the control-vinyl, that would change this dramatically.

Anyway what I think the "pro"/"big mixer guy" market really needs is the SSL-pro hardware, the controller (this would in form-factor be quite similar to a rack-mount dual-deck CD player when the two were used in tandem), and their choice of mixer. As someone responsible for club installs, I really don't care for the idea of tying the SSL functionality into the mixer.
Dj KaGeN 1:21 AM - 16 June, 2006
I too would sell off others mixers for a big ole 4 channel monster w/ SSL built in for the home rig...
Pete Moss 10:45 AM - 16 June, 2006
What if Rane teamed up with a big CD player manufacturer and brought out a dual CD unit that had SSL built in? Assuming it was a nice CD player, that would be cool.

-or-

make the SSL box similar to the the controllers for PCDJ and PVDJ. Not only would it be the USB and soundcard stuff, but also a control surface.

These are just ideas, as I still want it built into my MP24.
blackavenger 8:57 PM - 31 March, 2007
I'd prefer a 12" mixer w' optional rack ears. I think most people prefer this sized mixer. Most kids I know, and clubs I've played in have 12" mixers. 19" mixers take up too much room, and they keep you far away from the decks. Making it a 12" mixer keeps everyone happy.

Just my opinion.....
adb3 7:45 PM - 22 October, 2007
I doubt that Rane/Serato are going to launch any new hardware for SSL version 1.x I will probably not buy any new equipment until Version 2 is released. (I have a SL1 & a 19" Stanton Club mixer RM-100) But yes I would like to see something that is a good bit more like a club mixer with 4 channels, lots of flexibility, standalone functionality. A club mixer with the same badass feel the 57 evokes over most good scratch/battle mixers.
J.J. 9:20 PM - 22 October, 2007
I would buy a 57 with 3 line faders with matrix and optional rotaries.
ImShifty 12:43 AM - 29 October, 2007
and make the eq knobs a bit more loose would be great too
Soulsonica™ 1:12 AM - 29 October, 2007
Hey guys, check it out: scratchlive.net
The Axledental DJ 12:11 AM - 30 October, 2007
If Rane and SSL dev team offers a new Mixer with SSL inside of it, its SSL software better offer 4 virtual decks with a sampler bank and also offer an SL4 standalone box.