Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

There are no legal video sources in Canada?!

DJ Johnny T 4:11 PM - 21 October, 2008
I need a little bit of help here. I just got off the phone with a rep from the AVLA who told me the only way I can get music videos in Canada legally and put them on my Serato is to approach the record labels independently or speak with Much Music?!?

ERG DVDs are leased copies and to rip ERG DVDs or ERG CDs for use in Serato is illegal.

Can anybody help me with this?
Dazel 8:47 PM - 21 October, 2008
promo only ?
eye357 9:15 PM - 21 October, 2008
I tought u were from chicago johnny t.....maybe more than one johnn t..my bad
vjlb 6:55 PM - 3 November, 2008
hi if anyone wants some videos im selling some dvds i have . as i dont have my dvjs anymore . i got about 150 dvds all need a good home . if interested email me

[email removed]
Rebelguy 7:10 PM - 3 November, 2008
ibftl
eye357 9:34 PM - 3 November, 2008
Cats are getting bold as hell in here...hahahaha.
Serato, Support
Matt G 3:03 AM - 4 November, 2008
vjlb, you have been warned. Do not advertise here.
DJ-Phat-AL 10:42 AM - 4 November, 2008
you realize he has only had an account since november 3rd... when he started posting... umm... advertising his videos for sale... should be banned anyways.. he had this same post in like 3 or 4 different places.
eye357 3:46 PM - 4 November, 2008
Yeah that's funny and I understand you got to do what you gotta do because Matt G you work for serato but DAMN dj paht al you are a little sammy the bull gravano type dry snitching individual....LMAO!!!! STOP SNITCHING!!!!!!!
DJ-Phat-AL 9:10 PM - 4 November, 2008
not snitching... just annoyed with forum spam...
Serato, Support
Matt G 9:19 PM - 4 November, 2008
eye357, the "don't snitch" attitude is not a good one. Please keep it to yourself.
DJ James 11:06 PM - 4 November, 2008
Best way to get videos there are many online Video Pools
I am from Toronto and i have no problems getting videos
eye357 11:38 PM - 4 November, 2008
My bad Matt G-money rock! lol....peace!
Clay 3:24 AM - 6 November, 2008
THe AVLA.. what a joke.

3 people in an office in Ontario vs tens of thousands of DJ's across Canada.

Good luck with that.
DJ Johnny T 8:41 PM - 13 November, 2008
Hey,

Sorry I didnt get a chance to reply to anyone on here... okay...

Dazel - Promo Only is the same as ERG licensing, you are allowed to use the DVD but not put a rip on your laptop.

vjlb - No Thanks.

DJ James - Can you direct me to an online Video Pool that is AVLA approved?

Clay - Dont even get me started on the AVLA... first you gotta buy your music on the ERG compilation, then! you cant rip those CDs to MP3, if you decide to go Serato, you have to get a zipdj.com membership and get your MP3s from there... are u friggin kidding me? I should rebuy my entire collection? Then I gotta buy a harddrive license to have the audio files on my laptop, and i gotta buy an additional license for my backup harddrive... THEN the club that I am playing at has to pay Socan feees to broadcast the music...

like seriously?

too much money going into "a non profit" organization... and yer right, 3 people in an office in Ontario, but they enforce their rules using the RCMP.
Clay 5:19 AM - 24 November, 2008
If some bloke came up to my booth while I was working and asked to see my library or AVLA license, I'd say "fuck off, I'm busy".
Talk to me about the high school I know that has LimeWire installed in computers in their school so the students can download music to hold dances in their cafeteria to raise money. The principal himself gave me the tour!

Seriously, I think the AVLA is setting their sites on "real" cases, like dude who is copying entire box sets of music and selling them on the net.

It's 20,000 to 3...the odds are stacked in the DJ's favor. I'm not saying downloading music is right, I'm just tellin' it the way it is.

Or you wanna talk copywrite infringement, I think you need to get rid of the 100,000 photocopiers in school libraries first!

C
DJ James 10:09 PM - 24 November, 2008
Well Johnny T the Best one i can yell you are 8thwonder and smashvidz i like 8thwonderbecause the price is better smashvidz is good but price is a little high compared to other video pools
DJ DisGrace 10:48 PM - 24 November, 2008
zipdj.com is the only "AVLA Approved" download site - but no video yet....
DJStevieP 8:43 AM - 11 March, 2009
Thank you Serato Search Function! (and LOL @ the AVLA)
It seems that Smash and 8th Wonder aren't licensed here (big surprise).
Whoops, guess I can't "play those anymore" *eye rolling*

However, what does seem based in Canada is xtendamix (google it).
Looks legit (who else in their right mind would have ringtone ads? lol)
DJ James 5:11 PM - 11 March, 2009
8th Wonder is licened i looked it up Steve done the research on that one all ready
for smashvidz i dont know i cant say
Dazel 8:40 PM - 7 November, 2009
Seems that xtendamix is now avla for some of his video

So now the only two legal download source in Canada are zipdj and xtendamix ?
Marky D 12:20 AM - 9 November, 2009
Xtendamix is the only approved AVLA video pool for Canada.
Website is www.xtendamix.com
Millz 1:37 AM - 9 November, 2009
Marky, thanks for that dre day :)
Marky D 9:17 PM - 9 November, 2009
No prob, any time.