Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

ID3 in WAV's - here is how it works

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
pueblofunky 7:57 AM - 18 October, 2008
with the RIFF standard container format. WAV is inside the RIFF format. Rane Serato supports it of course - also the software Tag & Rename - and - iTunes (as Josh from Rane has told me)!

I've asked for to implement it into mp3tag (www.mp3tag.de) which I think is the best tagging tool around - but currently without WAV support.

In their forum - and also in this forum here - a lot of people mean that it isn't possible. I'd make a complete detailed explanation of how it works here:

www.anytag.de

If another software is not able to work (read/write) with these files - these applications aren't programmed correctly and can NOT fully support the RIFF/WAVE logic (handling of chunks & subchunks!).

Currently there is no update on id3.org (an official standard) but I'll write an e-mail to them.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 8:38 PM - 30 October, 2008
Thanks for the info and links to some tagging programs, I know people ask about them.
Serato
Josh 11:13 PM - 30 October, 2008
nice one!

I work at Serato down here in NZ BTW :D
sjømmør 5:21 PM - 12 November, 2008
this is great. any bpm tagging program that supports this yet?
sjømmør 12:35 PM - 17 November, 2008
concerning bpm and writing it into the wav/riff - i havent found any bpm counter that supports this (they usually manage to count but they dont tag), but i wrote a small python script that uses the tabbed txt files that most counter programs use for exporting bpm data and put it in the filename, so that the filename mask can be used in e.g. tag&rename or any other mp3 tagging program to properly tag the idx bpm tag. filename mask becomes [bpm] - [previous filename]. pm me if you want it!