DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Separating tracks for your mix CD?

LoKey 8:41 PM - 6 February, 2006
wassup, peoples

What are you guys using to separate your tracks when you make mix CD's? I have Acid, SoundForge, and OGG Hard Disk Recorder (Which I haven't used yet). Do I need more software? I don't want to just put one long ass track on a CD.
dj synystr 8:49 PM - 6 February, 2006
cool edit pro.
Likwid 9:02 PM - 6 February, 2006
I'm about to do the same thing. Can you do this in Audacity? I'd like to not download another program, so if it can be done here, thats how I'd do it.
Teknikscian 9:09 PM - 6 February, 2006
click the help button and search for "cue points" or "tracks" something to that nature...
funkdigital 9:14 PM - 6 February, 2006
Audacity is the easiest method for me.
Likwid 9:22 PM - 6 February, 2006
funkd, how do you seperate with Audacity?
Likwid 9:22 PM - 6 February, 2006
funkd, how do you seperate with Audacity?
shmok1 9:59 PM - 6 February, 2006
SoundForge will do your job. Just mark the tracks one after another, drag'em into the empty space and name'em. There you go. Make sure when burning CDs you don't add extra space (2 seconds) between your tracks.
sixxx 10:11 PM - 6 February, 2006
ProTools
hologram 12:00 AM - 7 February, 2006
Need to make sure you have sound forge pro because audio studio wont do regions. But there may be another way with audio studio.
In pro look up making regions.
Basiclly you take the file put markers where you want a cue point and then use "convert markers to regions".
It will then let you name each region below. When you save it you'll have files for each region. Then just select those tracks in order on your favorite CD burner. Make sure you turn off the Auto space between tracks feature that most CD burning software has.
That's the best I can do off the top of my head.
DJ Unique 6:03 AM - 7 February, 2006
Sound Forge 8 comes bundled together with CD Architect 5.
If your mix is already ripped or recorded to your computer, preferably in Wave format, you can open it with CD Architect and assign tracks wherever you want. You can then burn a disc-at-once CD and your CD mix will have tracks without any gaps.
Click on link below.

www.sonymediasoftware.com
germanbaboon 2:26 AM - 9 February, 2006
Goldwave, google it. probably www.goldwave.com
DJ Slade 9:05 AM - 9 February, 2006
Spin Doctor!
AMF 1:26 PM - 9 February, 2006
Quote:
If your mix is already ripped or recorded to your computer, preferably in Wave format, you can open it with CD Architect and assign tracks wherever you want. You can then burn a disc-at-once CD and your CD mix will have tracks without any gaps.
Click on link below.

I second this motion...
kicko 4:45 PM - 9 February, 2006
NERO is good
agelo538 5:25 PM - 9 February, 2006
cool mp3 splitter it cost 10 dollar and is very easy to use
LoKey 5:57 PM - 9 February, 2006
Thanks fellas. I, um, acquired some of these programs yesterday. I'm gonna try CD Architect first. It looks alot like SoundForge. I also got Cool Edit, Nero, Reason and Ableton Live.
DJ Slade 9:01 PM - 9 February, 2006
LoKey...if you have Roxio Easy CD and DVD creater, it comes with sound editing software. For mac, it's SpinDoctor! . I don't remember what the PC version of it is.
djmystery805 9:55 PM - 26 June, 2006
Do any of you know how to separate a mix into different tracks using Cool Edit 2.1?
twinsouls 10:16 PM - 26 June, 2006
I use these:

www.cdwave.com

www.exactaudiocopy.de

Create CUE Sheets and burn mixes into all seperate tracks of each song instead of just 1 long mix. I hate having to tell my friends that they got to hold down the fast forward button just to get to the next track.
joerockets 12:57 AM - 27 June, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Click on link below.

I second this motion...

CD Architect is a great way to go. Third it (?)
DJUltimate 2:29 AM - 27 June, 2006
Sony's Vegas (it's a multitrack video/audio program)