Serato DJ 1.7.8 includes important stability improvements for all users, official support for the Rane MP2015, Numark NS7III, Denon DJ MC4000 and Pioneer DDJ-SB2; as well as support for the Numark NS7II Display, and DVS support for the Numark NS7II / NS7III users with the DVS Expansion Pack.
Serato DJ Club Kit and Hardware Support
The Serato DJ Club Kit (Serato DJ + DVS Expansion Pack license) is the latest addition to Serato’s brand new collection of software license bundles and is available for free trial, and to purchase in-app or via the Serato Online Store.
By purchasing the Serato DJ Club Kit you will be able to use Serato DJ with supported mixers, without the need for an external soundcard interface. Supported mixers are the Pioneer DJM-850, DJM-900NXS, the Allen & Heath Xone:DB2, Xone:DB4 and brand new Xone:43C.
The Serato DJ Club Kit is perfect for these users who are looking for a simple plug-and-play solution in the club.
A new feature to Serato DJ that allows you to instantly jump forward or backwards in your track by a pre-determined amount, perfectly in time. This feature is great for giving yourself more time to mix, jumping straight to the hook and skipping that slow section in the track.
Watch the Beat Jump tutorial video.
International Language Support
Core Serato DJ software interface features have been translated in order to make Serato DJ easier to use for non-English speaking users. Languages include: German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese and Simplified Chinese. If your operating system uses one of these languages by default, Serato DJ will open in that language from now on.
Watch a tutorial video on International Language support.
Master Video FX and Karaoke File Support
Video Master FX is a new feature for Serato Video users, allowing you to apply video FX to the master video output as well as per channel. This gives you another powerful and simple way to add interest to your sets. Serato DJ 1.7.8 includes MP3+G file support (Karaoke file) support, meaning you can load your MP3+G files directly into your Serato library without having to convert them.
Watch our tutorial videos on Master Video FX and Karaoke File Support for more information.
Serato DJ 1.7.8 includes plug-and-play support for the Denon DJ DS1 interface. This is a Serato DJ & DVS Enabled interface and no software licenses are required. Connect, and go!
Also included is plug-and-play support for the Rane TTM57mkII. This is a Serato DJ & DVS Enabled mixer and no software licenses are required. Connect, install drivers and go! Plus, Serato DJ Upgrade Ready support for the Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 and Hercules DJControl Jogvision.
Users can create a powerful setup with the addition of the Allen & Heath Xone:K1, which now has Official Serato Accessory support in this version.
Other Important Changes and Improvements
- Numark Mixtrack Pro III pressing shift+play executes stutter play
- Re-calibrated DVS phono input for Allen & Heath Xone 43C, Allen & Heath Xone DB4, Allen & Heath Xone DB2, Pioneer DJM-850, Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus, Rane TTM-57mkII, Denon DJ DS1
- Updated Driver for Rane TTM57mkII
- Improved audio when scratching with Pitch 'n Time DJ.
- Improved jog wheel response with CDJs in HID mode.
- EQ Coloured waveform option which allows you to change the waveform colour in Serato DJ, reflecting your EQ adjustments. This is only available for controllers and MIDI enabled mixers.
- Disable needle search during playback for controllers that have needle search strips. You can make this change in the Serato DJ Setup screen.
- All of this plus a huge number of performance improvements and bug fixes for rock solid stability.