20 August, 2013
Serato DJ FX Expansion Packs
Serato DJ 1.3.0 comes with two brand new FX Expansion Packs, containing new FX powered by iZotope: The Wolf Pack, available as a free download, and the Back Pack, available to purchase for USD19.
The Wolf Pack contains Epic Verb, Bit Crush, Tremolo, Repeater, Braker and Brake Echo, and the Back Pack contains Tape Echo, Looper, Time Stretch, Spiral Echo and Envelope Filter. Both packs contain a large number of Multi FX presets.
A full list of FX available in the Wolf Pack and Back Pack and a demo video featuring Logan from the Serato Product Team are available on the Serato DJ FX Expansion Packs web page.
Expansion Packs can be purchased/activated in-app within the Serato DJ Online Window, or from the Serato Online Store.
Favorite FX allows you to customize the effects select drop down menus that appear in Serato DJ, showing the FX you choose as your favorites.
Maintain your growing FX list, and easily add/remove FX to your favorites list to suit your own performance needs.
The Favorite FX feature can be found within the Serato DJ setup screen.
With Serato DJ 1.3.0, all supported Serato DJ controllers are now able to use Slip Mode.
When Slip Mode is activated you can manipulate the audio as normal (e.g scratching, Looping, triggering Cue Points etc), however once you have finished, the playback position is returned to where it would be if you had not manipulated the audio.
Slip Mode can also be MIDI mapped to a secondary MIDI controller if your hardware doesn't have a dedicated Slip Mode button.
Novation TWITCH, Vestax VCI-300 & VFX-1 Support
Novation TWITCH and Vestax VCI-300 are now supported as Serato DJ controllers*. The Vestax VFX-1 is also supported as an FX controller.
When activated, Serato DJ offers the following:
- Great new FX Powered by iZotope including: Delay, Echo, Ping Pong Delay, Reverb, Phaser, Flanger, Distortion, High Pass Filter (HPF), Low Pass Filter (LPF) and Combo HP/LP Filter
- MIDI mapping
- More Cue Points: set and trigger up to 8 Cue Points
- Looping: Manual, Auto and Loop Rolls are all available
- Sync and Auto Tempo Matching
- Crates and Smart Crates
- SP-6 Sample Player
- Interoperable with Scratch Live, ITCH, DJ Intro and iTunes Music Libraries
- Support for Whitelabel.net files
- Support for Serato Video
* Requires purchase and activation of Serato DJ License.
Numark NS7 MKII Support
The forthcoming Numark NS7 MKII is supported in this release.
- Fixed Tap tempo lighting on Pioneer DDJ-SX.
- Fixed the crossfader curve options being swapped in the Setup screen.
- Changed vinyl button lighting on Vestax VCI-400 to make it more clear that you are in slip mode.
- Numark MixDeck and MixDeck Express now show correct BPM when a deck is in Sync.
- Fixed Play from First Cue Point Setup screen option stability.
- Fixed platter scratching on NS7 with motor off and track paused.
- Fixed needle-search on VCI-380.
- Fixed a bug where Play from First Cue Point option was broken if track configured with first cue point.
- Fixed Beatgrid Slip not working with motor off on NS7
- Start/Stop time on NS7 is now remembered in software with motor off.
- Fixed Slip/Shift mode platter interaction.
- Fixed a bug where Shift + Beatgrid Adjust sometimes moved playhead when it shouldn't.
- Fixed deck showing incorrect pitch sometimes after switching layers
- MIDI mapping of the Autoloop range shift buttons (< and >) unfortunately has been broken and users will need to remap them.