Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

AUDIO DROPOUT AND RANDOM SPEED UP

JayNinja 1:33 PM - 16 April, 2015
hello all,

I currently am using a NUmark NV controller with Serato DJ. I have noticed each and every time i use the controller, a song will randomly speed up for about 2 seconds and then the audio will drop out for about 4 seconds. Mostly on my left deck. How can i fix this issue? It seems to happen a lot, sometimes twice in a set. Is there something in my settings that i can alter or change? I hate the fact that I really can't identify the problem!
DJ Tecniq 2:39 PM - 16 April, 2015
Quote:
hello all,

I currently am using a NUmark NV controller with Serato DJ. I have noticed each and every time i use the controller, a song will randomly speed up for about 2 seconds and then the audio will drop out for about 4 seconds. Mostly on my left deck. How can i fix this issue? It seems to happen a lot, sometimes twice in a set. Is there something in my settings that i can alter or change? I hate the fact that I really can't identify the problem!
it sounds like a firmware problem. Check to make sure you have the latest firmware installed for your controller. If it's up to date then it's likely a bug👍🏻
JDforKing 8:40 PM - 16 April, 2015
Quote:
hello all,

Happened to me last night on the left deck too. I'm using a pioneer ddj sx. Are you using pitch and time?
BleedR 2:20 PM - 20 April, 2015
Had this issue with VCI 380. Since 1.7.x.
Serato can't reproduce it, so for 5 months no fix.
I think it's a Limiter caused Bug!
What Are the Software EQs schowing befor this happens? Hitting orange And Red? Try Turning software master volume down, so it Never Hits orange And Red!
JamieCastle 2:13 PM - 22 April, 2015
hi Guys,
Is this the issue you are on about??......
dl.dropboxusercontent.com

I have had this issue for over 18months and have been going round in so many circles with serato over it for the past year.

It happens to me roughly once/twice in a 6 hour set, however, has happened 3/4 times in an hour. Buffer/latency/screen update settings do not make a difference whether at highest or lowest.

I have 3 vci 380's, an SL4, and a twitch. it happens with all, as well as happening while in offline mode.

This is still happening. PLEASE... can anyone shed light on why, or better still, provide a fix??

Can you guys that this is happening to let me know if you are also experiencing this problem as think may be related....
- When I load a track while in slicer mode i always get the 'can not use slicer' message, as for the first few seconds serato thinks i have no grids when all my tracks have.

Cheers. :)
BleedR 8:51 AM - 23 April, 2015
Jamie, I can See your Limiter getting activated! This is the reason why this Happens Mainly doing transitions.
Try turning down the Master Volume of SDJ, shouldnt happen!
JamieCastle 2:05 PM - 23 April, 2015
Hey bleedr,
I really don't think it's a limiter issue.
As mentioned it happens with my SL4 and [rarely] in offline mode.
There is no limiter with either of these. (please correct me if I am wrong).
BleedR 11:19 PM - 23 April, 2015
Sorry Jamie,
I was focused on the video!
Can you reproduce it Without hitting red?
For me I can confirm that it Never happened again, Since it doesnt hit red!

With Sl4 i never had that issue, and yeah, no master gain.
JamieCastle 2:09 AM - 24 April, 2015
i can't force reproduce it (it took me so fkin long to catch it on camera!), however, it also happens when just in the green.
it has only happened to me twice while in offline mode.. both times i have had to manually click and drag the waveform to get the audio back.
i may have (but can't be sure) also heard it happen with iTunes which makes me think it's an mp3 issue. :/
Col1990 12:54 PM - 25 April, 2015
I pretty sure this happend to me last night for like 2 secs ethier that or somewhere along the line I fucked my beat grids up
Col1990 12:59 PM - 25 April, 2015
Af
Quote:
hi Guys,

I have had this issue for over 18months and have been going round in so many circles with serato over it for the past year.

It happens to me roughly once/twice in a 6 hour set, however, has happened 3/4 times in an hour. Buffer/latency/screen update settings do not make a difference whether at highest or lowest.

I have 3 vci 380's, an SL4, and a twitch. it happens with all, as well as happening while in offline mode.

This is still happening. PLEASE... can anyone shed light on why, or better still, provide a fix??

Can you guys that this is happening to let me know if you are also experiencing this problem as think may be related....
- When I load a track while in slicer mode i always get the 'can not use slicer' message, as for the first few seconds serato thinks i have no grids when all my tracks have.

after looking at that vid yeah that happend to me twice last night I was like wtf never had this prob before 1.7.5 wish I kept 1.7.4 now
JDforKing 1:07 PM - 25 April, 2015
Quote:
hi Guys,

Yep, that's the same thing that happens to me. I'm using 1.7.2 and have still encountered that problem using both my vci 380 and my pioneer ddj sx.
BleedR 4:21 PM - 27 April, 2015
Well it would be nice if someone from Serato would address this issue...
Different hardware and systems and same error? Looks like poorly coded SDJ ist the bug.

I haven't been able to convince them, maybe all of you book a ticket?
Maybe then they will consider marking this as a bug and fixing it?!
Serato, Support
Sam GG 10:08 PM - 28 April, 2015
Hey Guys, BleedR is correct,

With any issue that you think is a bug it is best to get in touch directly with the support team: support.serato.com - Give them your full specs and a run down of the issue. Videos and screenshots are really helpful as well.

The more occurrences we get and the more systems to compare the issue on the more likely we are able to successfully reproduce and fix the problem.

Thanks, Sam
BleedR 9:40 PM - 1 May, 2015
I can confirm it's not the limiter :(
Yesterday I had the issue again when using VCI 380 :(
I had it on a different Laptop.

So what's next Sam? Support can't reproduce it, so no fix???
BleedR 9:44 PM - 1 May, 2015
Btw if you record the session, the recording is fine! Maybe this is the key to find the issue.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 11:11 PM - 3 May, 2015
Quote:
So what's next Sam? Support can't reproduce it, so no fix???

Well thats the thing, we can't always fix something that we can't reproduce.

The only way we can reliably fix a bug or issue is to reliably reproduce it. The more instances we receive of it happening to users with step by step information of what they were doing and log files sent through to support then we have a chance of catching these things and getting them fixed.

I know it feels good to air a bit of frustration from time to time in the forums but in order to improve the software and fix issues that are present we need reliable reports through to the support team as well, so bugs can be logged and fixed: support.serato.com

Thanks guys.

Sam
BleedR 6:19 AM - 4 May, 2015
Quote:
The only way we can reliably fix a bug or issue is to reliably reproduce it. The more instances we receive of it happening to users with step by step information of what they were doing and log files sent through to support then we have a chance of catching these things and getting them fixed.

I think that hint should be more than helpful to be able to find the issue:

Quote:
Btw if you record the session, the recording is fine! Maybe this is the key to find the issue.

I mean on a coding level you are able to view where the difference happens and look there!
On a "clicking around" and trying to reproduce for sure not, but that is definitely not the right approach when a bug is reported...
BleedR 1:06 PM - 13 May, 2015
Quote:

Thanks for getting back to me! This issue doesn't seem to be related to either computer specs or Serato DJ as the recordings you make aren't displaying the hang and spin forward.

Quote:

Try these steps:

• Install Serato DJ 1.7.5 from this link: serato.com
• Here's a guide on how to have multiple versions of Serato on the same computer: How to Install multiple versions of Serato DJ
• Create a blank library using these steps:

:
+ Close Serato Applications
+ Navigate to the "Music" folder and locate the _Serato_ folder
+ Rename _Serato_ folder to _SeratoOld_ (Don't worry about the backup folder)
+ Open Serato DJ
+ This will create a new _Serato_ folder in your "Music" folder and create a blank template with no crates or any other stored information.
+ Close Serato DJ
+ Navigate to the _SeratoOld_ folder and open the subcrates folder
+ Copy the information in the subcrates folder and paste it to the new _Serato_ folder in the subcrates folder.
+ Open Serato DJ (and enable itunes library if you use it)
+ You should have all your files and crates. This will restore all preferences back to default, so you'll have to make some adjustments.

If you need to restore the information, you can:
:
+ Close Serato DJ
+ Trash new _Serato_ folder
+ Rename _SeratoOld_ back to _Serato_
+ Open Serato DJ
+ Everything should be back to normal.

• Open Serato DJ and import several audio files.
• Analyze those files: Preparing and Analyzing Your Files
• Load and play those files.
• Do you still get the 'hang and spin forward' issue?
Quote:

I will try this after this week as of having each day a booking and no time to fix a problem if it does happen!
But maybe some of you can test this and see if it helps?
JDforKing 1:25 PM - 14 May, 2015
Happened to me again last night using my pioneer ddj sx. This really angers me. I've used serato for the last 7 to 8 years maybe longer and hadn't experienced problems until the last year. i understand fusing scratch live and dj together was for the greater good but since then I think the software has gotten worse.
Ernescm 9:52 PM - 14 May, 2015
I had the same problem with my DDJ sx2 and my macbook pro 16 gigs of ram. And I went after having used the slip mode in any of the previous songs. At the moment I was resolved after eliminating me with AppCleaner serato and reinstall from scratch the serato 1.7.4
JDforKing 12:10 AM - 15 May, 2015
Quote:
I had the same problem with my DDJ sx2 and my macbook pro 16 gigs of ram. And I went after having used the slip mode in any of the previous songs. At the moment I was resolved after eliminating me with AppCleaner serato and reinstall from scratch the serato 1.7.4

Huh
JamieCastle 5:56 AM - 16 May, 2015
Quote:
Try these steps:

• Here's a guide on how to have multiple versions of Serato on the same computer: How to Install multiple versions of Serato DJ

:
+ Open Serato DJ
+ This will create a new _Serato_ folder in your "Music" folder and create a blank template with no crates or any other stored information.
+ Close Serato DJ
+ Copy the information in the subcrates folder and paste it to the new _Serato_ folder in the subcrates folder.
+ You should have all your files and crates. This will restore all preferences back to default, so you'll have to make some adjustments.

:
+ Close Serato DJ
+ Open Serato DJ

Yes
BleedR 3:34 PM - 17 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Try these steps:

:
+ Open Serato DJ
+ Close Serato DJ

:
+ Close Serato DJ
+ Open Serato DJ

Yes

YES means you still have the issue? That would be bad :(
DJ M-Killa 10:07 AM - 23 May, 2015
The same problem here.
I have the same issue.
I contacted Serato.
Seems to be a MAC problem only. I've got a latest MACBOOK PRO without Retina. 8GB RAM.
I changed everything. I tried different usb cables of contoller, another ac adapter of the controller, different usb ports.
Nothing helped.
First I thought it's the vinyl knob. But even if it's switched off, the issue shows up.
Then I tried to deactivate the jump controls. no effect!
I don't know what I can do more.
I'm using a VCI-380 and the macbook.

I think it is a MACBOOK Issue.
Can someone confirm this on windows?
DJ M-Killa 10:28 AM - 23 May, 2015
QUESTION: Are you using guys using the itunes library?
DJ M-Killa 10:29 AM - 23 May, 2015
sorry: are you guys using the itunes library?
JDforKing 12:04 PM - 23 May, 2015
Nope I'm not using the iTunes library and never have. I've used some form of serato ( scratch live or serato dj) in some form for the past 8 years and never really ran into any problems until recently. My guess is this definitely has something to do with the software and not my computer. It saddens me but I'm already looking into alternatives like computerless software like rekord box. I can't continue to be worried about this problem during my professional mobile gigs ( weddings and etc)
DJ M-Killa 6:20 PM - 23 May, 2015
I had no problems either for 7 years.
I still have now problems with ssl.
did you try the tip with the "reset" of the serato folder?
but you are also using a macbook?

i had no problem with my vci-300 mkII

I'm gonna try it tonight with this controller.

I think it has to do with strip search even if it is not activated or the slicer feature.
I've run serato dj with the 300 for more than 2 years without such problems.
But I try it tonight with my old one.
Col1990 3:02 AM - 24 May, 2015
This shit happens to me now every week shit is ridiculous
DJ M-Killa 3:27 AM - 24 May, 2015
just got home.
no such issue with the vci 300 so far.
now I think it has to do with the needle position.

serato? is it possible to deactivate the needle position anyhow to check it?
may be that can be a workaround?!!
JamieCastle 5:22 PM - 24 May, 2015
Guys,
This thing happens in offline mode as well. Wouldn't this mean it's NOT a mixer/interface issue??
DJ M-Killa 5:47 PM - 24 May, 2015
I've never had it in offline mode so far.
But I think it is a bug in serato dj not a mixer issue.
But as I said. I cannot reproduce it with my vci 300 mkII so far.
So what do the other devices have in common that this issue appears?
Do you have a Macbook?
Col1990 6:02 PM - 24 May, 2015
This never happens to me when I'm at home it seems to happen when i play out not sure if its certain tracks or just when I'm playing for a long time
JamieCastle 6:24 PM - 24 May, 2015
Ill be honest.. I think I've heard it happen with iTunes as well ..but can't be sure as I don't see the waveform.

MP3 issue?? OS X issue?? :/ :/ :/
AlxRyde 3:57 AM - 25 May, 2015
It's been happening to me often with the NV. Not as much lately. I feel like maybe it's had something to do with the USB cable I use sometimes, but I haven't really been able to nail it down. I've been trying to figure out what in the world is causing it, but I haven't been able to figure out a reliable answer. Will update if I ever do.

This has been happening on my Windows machine, iTunes library disabled, usually not hitting the limiter. Running an i7 4720HQ, 16 gigs of RAM, and all my music runs on SSD storage only.

One live fix that HAS worked if I'm quick enough is to flick the USB buffer to a different setting and back. i.e., jump into settings, audio, change the buffer slider. If I don't achieve this within around 5 seconds though, Serato will lock up and force me to restart it from the bottom up.

On occasion, the NV has started up for me with Serato borked in this mode. On other occasions, in the middle of the mix, Serato will lag up, then get stuck in this borked kind of mode.
DJ M-Killa 10:16 AM - 25 May, 2015
OK. so obviously it has nothing to do with Mac itself.
So couldn't be an OSX issue.
it has nothing to do with the usb cable. I've tried 3 different cables which I bought new.
Still the same. I even bought a new ac adapter for the controller.
Serato answered me. They say I should use the Version 1.7 and try the vci-380 to check if it's still happening.
I will do that and get back at them.
Maybe you guys can do the same and report if it's working.
BleedR 12:37 PM - 25 May, 2015
I don't use iTunes.
AlxRyde your "fix" is for a different problem.
Jamie I'm using also SL4 and 61. Only happening with my Controller, so no, they things you are reporting are not connected, at least a can't confirm that.

Send your reports to the support! So they gather the data!
The "fix" I posted doesn't help at all! So don't bother ever trying!

Quote:
They say I should use the Version 1.7 and try the vci-380 to check if it's still happening.
I will do that and get back at them

1.7 is not working with Yosemite, how should I try it? LOL! Till 1.7.2-1.7.3 there is the other USB buffer problem that causes dropouts... So it's ridiculous to try even!
DJ M-Killa 5:43 PM - 25 May, 2015
Your partly right.
But you can install the 1.7 anyway and try it
Yosemite isn't officially supported but it works to try.
I played 3 hours now and couldn't reproduce the specific issue.
and yes I had the other usb buffer problem one time.
BleedR 6:24 PM - 25 May, 2015
Quote:

Well this is kinda good news. If you can't reproduce it with 1.7 than we are on a good way or at least on some kinda way...
DJ M-Killa 6:33 PM - 25 May, 2015
yes. I'll play around with this version now.
Hopefully, Serato get rid of it somehow.
By the way, I'm using Yosemite, too.
Go ahead and try it ;-)
You can easily install a second version of serato on your mac.
JamieCastle 11:26 PM - 25 May, 2015
it has been happening to me on every release since around 1.5!

Quote:
and yes I had the other usb buffer problem one time.

3 hours is nowhere near long enough for a decent test.
I can sometimes go a few days without it happening, then suddenly get 3 or 4 in a gig!!
JamieCastle 11:54 PM - 25 May, 2015
And now also a Traktor issue.......

www.native-instruments.com
Serato, Support
Ian W 3:20 AM - 26 May, 2015
Hey JamieCastle,

Chuck us a ticket over at support.serato.com and we can help you out with your issues there.

Regards

Ian
JamieCastle 11:41 AM - 26 May, 2015
Dude!!..... I have had a ticket ongoing for over a year! I have gone through 9 or 10 serato staff with a correspondence of over 100 emails.
Please read threads properly before u reply.
Ta.
JamieCastle 11:43 AM - 26 May, 2015
Support was my first stop. The reason I am now here is because serato hasn't got a clue e what is going on...
Pete Input 6:30 AM - 27 May, 2015
Just for the information... (maybe this will help somebody)

I have the same problem, AFTER 1.7.4 and 1.7.5. (I notice some odd behave with 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 also)
Solution ---> going back to 1.7.1. No dropouts.

Gear:
Mac (Mavericks)
Vestax VCI-380
JDforKing 1:58 PM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:

This is crazy to me. I had this happen again last night and i don't understand why. After reading through the traktor forum and visually seeing the same problem i have to attribute the problem to something OS X related. I'm guessing i need to look through some virtual dj forums to see if people are experiencing this same problem. I need to find a fix to eliminate this happening in a professional setting. If eliminating a computer and strictly using rekord box helped me rid myself of this problem i would definitely consider that, but i also play videos.
JDforKing 3:48 PM - 28 May, 2015
What OS X is everyone using that have problems? I didn't start to experience anything like this until i upgraded to yosemite?
JDforKing 3:49 PM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:
Just for the information... (maybe this will help somebody)

I have the same problem, AFTER 1.7.4 and 1.7.5. (I notice some odd behave with 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 also)

Gear:
Mac (Mavericks)
Vestax VCI-380

I've been using 1.7.2...i guess i'll go back to 1.7.1 to see if that makes the drop outs stop.
JamieCastle 4:53 PM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:
What OS X is everyone using that have problems? I didn't start to experience anything like this until i upgraded to yosemite?

It has been happening to me non stop since roughly Oct '13. This was around the time that Mavericks 10.9 and SDJ 1.5 were released.
However.......
Quote:

This has been happening on my Windows machine......

AlxRyde, please look at the videos and let us know if it is definitely the same issue we are both experiencing.
Cheers.
Col1990 5:53 PM - 28 May, 2015
Mines yosemite 10.10.3 I literally just opened Serato 5 mins in skipping already lmao this shit is stupid
JDforKing 6:23 PM - 28 May, 2015
i get one every 15 hours of use, but in front of a packed house it's embarrassing.
BleedR 6:51 PM - 28 May, 2015
I'm on Yosemite. Hadn't had the VCI before that.
Col1990 8:42 PM - 28 May, 2015
Quote:
i get one every 15 hours of use, but in front of a packed house it's embarrassing.

yeah Ive had that too also had a random crash in front of people lucky my computer is quick enough to reset and start again
DJ M-Killa 11:52 AM - 31 May, 2015
So I played out the last nights...
I don't get this skipping issue with version 1.7 and 1.7.1, but I get another issue wich is worse!
For a second or 2 the playing decks stopps playing.
So I had to switch back to 1.7.5.

But maybe we are on the right way.
BleedR 3:59 PM - 31 May, 2015
Quote:
So I played out the last nights...
I don't get this skipping issue with version 1.7 and 1.7.1, but I get another issue wich is worse!
For a second or 2 the playing decks stopps playing.
So I had to switch back to 1.7.5.

But maybe we are on the right way.

Yup, this is not fixed until 1.7.2
DJ M-Killa 9:12 PM - 5 June, 2015
Just happened again with my vci 300 MK2.
So it's really a big bug.
DJ M-Killa 9:26 PM - 5 June, 2015
Are you guys using serato video plug in?
JDforKing 11:55 PM - 5 June, 2015
I'm using serato video
DJ M-Killa 12:30 AM - 6 June, 2015
Ok. Me too.
Maybe there is a bug with this plug in?!
I'll try it tomorrow. I'll deactivate the video plug in and will see if the issue has to do with it.
DJ M-Killa 12:33 AM - 6 June, 2015
The reason why I think it could be the plug in is that I played out on a lot of screens and I noticed when the issue occurred the video was having a similar issue. Like v sync didn't work properly. Did they change something within the video plug in?
JDforKing 12:54 AM - 6 June, 2015
Quote:
Ok. Me too.
Maybe there is a bug with this plug in?!
I'll try it tomorrow. I'll deactivate the video plug in and will see if the issue has to do with it.

Nope, it's happened to me when i wasn't using Serato Video.
Col1990 1:35 AM - 6 June, 2015
I'm not using serato video
DJ M-Killa 9:54 AM - 6 June, 2015
ok thanks you.
I think they should fix this bug quickly.
JamieCastle 2:25 PM - 6 June, 2015
I've never used video.
BleedR 5:07 PM - 6 June, 2015
I've always experienced it without the video plugin activated
BleedR 2:22 PM - 9 June, 2015
Btw here is my posting. Issue is from 1.7.1 and Mavericks!

serato.com
DJ M-Killa 8:03 AM - 10 June, 2015
Got a reply after 8 emails with serato.
They logged it as a bug.
Hopefully it will get solved in the next version of serato dj.
You all should open a ticket with this issue. The more people report this bug the quicker we'll get the problem solved.
DJ M-Killa 9:24 PM - 13 June, 2015
Did someone try the new beta version?
BleedR 8:58 AM - 14 June, 2015
The latency beta is not dressing the problem :/ If you mean that!
DJ M-Killa 7:36 PM - 17 June, 2015
ok I noticed it :)
BleedR 10:36 AM - 19 June, 2015
It happened again, yesterday during a gig :(
I noticed that the waves became a little bit kinda of stuttering before this bug occurred.
After it happened all was fine with the waves...
Can someone confirm?
BleedR 11:29 AM - 19 June, 2015
Did some care to check the console out?

I have in the time where it happened (5 minutes time frame, as I recall the track) the following unusual entry:
18.06.15 19:06:07,972 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent) The _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit key is not available on this platform.

Additional this error (note that wifi is off);
18.06.15 19:04:13,276 AddressBookSourceSync[5446]: [CardDAVPlugin-ERROR] -getPrincipalInfo:[_controller supportsRequestCompressionAtURL:xxx] Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1009 "The Internet connection appears to be offline." UserInfo=0x7f9c0d82dd70 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9c0b579db0 "The Internet connection appears to be offline.", NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=xxx, NSErrorFailingURLKey=xxx, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=12, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=8, NSLocalizedDescription=The Internet connection appears to be offline.}
18.06.15 19:04:13,517 AddressBookSourceSync[5446]: [CardDAVPlugin-ERROR] -getPrincipalInfo:[_controller supportsRequestCompressionAtURL:xxx.xxx] Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1009 "The Internet connection appears to be offline." UserInfo=0x7f9c0b57a550 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9c0b79fb80 "The Internet connection appears to be offline.", NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=xxx.xxx, NSErrorFailingURLKey=xxx.xxx, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=12, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=8, NSLocalizedDescription=The Internet connection appears to be offline.}
18.06.15 19:04:13,519 AddressBookSourceSync[5446]: [CardDAVPlugin-ERROR] -getPrincipalInfo:[_controller supportsRequestCompressionAtURL:xxx] Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1009 "The Internet connection appears to be offline." UserInfo=0x7f9c0b55fa00 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9c0b6a0ef0 "The Internet connection appears to be offline.", NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=xxx, NSErrorFailingURLKey=xxx, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=12, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=8, NSLocalizedDescription=The Internet connection appears to be offline.}
18.06.15 19:04:13,604 AddressBookSourceSync[5446]: [CardDAVPlugin-ERROR] -getPrincipalInfo:[_controller supportsRequestCompressionAtURL:xxx.xxx] Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1009 "The Internet connection appears to be offline." UserInfo=0x7f9c0d8287c0 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9c0b562c30 "The Internet connection appears to be offline.", NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=xxx.xxx, NSErrorFailingURLKey=xxx.xxx, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=12, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=8, NSLocalizedDescription=The Internet connection appears to be offline.}

All the time I've those entries:
18.06.15 19:04:15,293 com.apple.usbmuxd[78]: HandleUSBMuxDictionary client 0x10041b800-libusbmuxd/com.marcansoft.usbmuxd using library usbmuxd built for freedom, running usbmuxd-344.6
18.06.15 19:04:15,294 com.apple.usbmuxd[78]: LOCKDOWN_V2_BONJOUR_SERVICE_NAME is _apple-mobdev2._tcp,8eb807a3
dj lashes 2:13 AM - 21 June, 2015
happening to me to... anyone fixed it yet?
Col1990 4:32 AM - 21 June, 2015
Does anyone get it where the music mutes it self for like half a second? It happened to me Friday night.
Col1990 4:40 AM - 21 June, 2015
Never mind was tracking this thread and didn't notice the title also said audio drop out I was commenting on this eariler due to the speed ups which still happen is there any way I can take Serato back to 1.74 because I didn't have none of these problems and the beat jump is a handy feature I wouldn't want to lose
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:05 PM - 21 June, 2015
Hey all

We've got this issue scheduled for investigation so I'll get someone to take a look at the console message you've found BleedR.

Aaron
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:34 PM - 21 June, 2015
Hey BleedR

That console message is not relevant I'm afraid. A pity as it would be awesome to find something concrete on this. The fact it is so intermittent is going to make it really tricky to lock down.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:41 PM - 22 June, 2015
One question BleedR - do you use Serato Remote?

It's not so important whether you were using it at the time of the issue, but it would be good to know if you have ever paired your laptop with the remote.

Cheers
BleedR 1:32 AM - 23 June, 2015
Aaron I never paired Serato Remote to that MacBook
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:36 AM - 23 June, 2015
Okay, cheers man. Good to know.
DJBriSwatek 5:50 PM - 23 June, 2015
I'm having this same problem in SSL. It sounds like upgrading to SDJ won't fix it?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:32 PM - 23 June, 2015
Hey DJBriSwatek

Any chance you could get a video of this happening? I know it's usually very infrequent, but it would be good to see happening in Scratch Live. If we could confirm it happens on both platforms, then that would help enormously in narrowing down what may be causing this issue.

Thanks, Aaron
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:33 PM - 23 June, 2015
While we're all here, can everyone who has experienced this please tell me what OS you are running?

Cheers
BleedR 10:37 PM - 23 June, 2015
Col1990 2:46 AM - 24 June, 2015
Quote:

same
JamieCastle 6:36 AM - 24 June, 2015
same
BleedR 3:36 PM - 25 June, 2015
We could gather even more information...

As I've mentioned to the support, I noticed that when recording the session there is no drop out in the record.
Could you guys try that? Just let it record and afterwords check if the record is fine (at the dropout)?
You better have a SSD when trying this - HDD would work too but it's not recommended.

Further more, does anyone use BOX.net backup application? Or any other automatic cloud backup service that might be running in the background (even when closed or not connected to wifi).
BleedR 6:37 PM - 25 June, 2015
Ok, just got it again.
I noticed that almost each time before this happens my wave(s) start to stutter.
But only when I play two tracks. When I stop the second track, the first wave moves normally.
I don't know if it's a coincidence but it happens always for different tracks and I never had a drop out (or at least I don't remember) without stuttering waves some time during the set!
DJBriSwatek 11:04 PM - 25 June, 2015
Quote:
Hey DJBriSwatek

Any chance you could get a video of this happening? I know it's usually very infrequent, but it would be good to see happening in Scratch Live. If we could confirm it happens on both platforms, then that would help enormously in narrowing down what may be causing this issue.

Thanks, Aaron

I put in a ticket on this. Thanks!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:55 AM - 26 June, 2015
Quote:
I put in a ticket on this. Thanks!

Cool, thanks man. Nathaniel will work with you to try narrow down what might be happening for you and whether it's related to the issue on this thread.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:59 AM - 26 June, 2015
Thanks for the OS info guys. Could I ask you all to try the steps in this guide: support.serato.com

I'm particularly suspicious that the Sudden Motion Sensor may be kicking in for some reason. If it is, this could explain why the recording is unaffected.

Let me know how it goes after doing all the steps in the guide.
BleedR 9:25 AM - 26 June, 2015
Quote:
Thanks for the OS info guys. Could I ask you all to try the steps in this guide: support.serato.com

I'm particularly suspicious that the Sudden Motion Sensor may be kicking in for some reason. If it is, this could explain why the recording is unaffected.

Actually nice idea, but why should the recording be fine and the output not in that case?
SSD doesn't have sms!
BleedR 9:31 AM - 26 June, 2015
So to be clearer - no that's 100% not the cause in my case as this option doesn't even exist, as SSD doesn't need and have that.
Another idea?
DJ M-Killa 8:53 AM - 27 June, 2015
Quote:

no i disabled it and it happened again.
app nap is deactivated, too.
JamieCastle 6:26 PM - 27 June, 2015
Quote:

The SMS and App Nap were both something i explored quite a while back. It's defo not that.

Am now thinking it may be something to do with the turbo boost or speed step in the intel chip.. just a thought. ..Anyone?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:20 PM - 28 June, 2015
Okay, thanks guys.

Someone in-house has actually just experienced this and is reporting:

it always happened when loading a track, and it happened with songs I never played before, some off dodgy source ( I played a wedding and got handed some tracks from the bride)

Does this sound similar to the circumstances in which it happens for you guys?

Cheers
BleedR 9:56 AM - 29 June, 2015
Quote:
Okay, thanks guys.

it always happened when loading a track, and it happened with songs I never played before, some off dodgy source ( I played a wedding and got handed some tracks from the bride)

Cheers

For me it actually never happened when loading a track.
My tracks are all analyzed, but it might be possible that I've played this tracks for the first time for a long time, I've to recheck!
BleedR 10:01 AM - 29 June, 2015
Ok I checked for the last time it happened.
All of the tracks I've played a plenty of times.
But since I've recreated the database v2 and completely freshly installed SDJ (except copying the crates back) it seems it's the first time I played the track (like a few others for sure as I did this some 2-3 weeks back)
Ernescm 5:09 PM - 29 June, 2015
I had about three months I did not go, until Friday I did on one occasion. the only thing different was that I did forget to put the processor fan at 6000 rpm.
Col1990 9:29 PM - 29 June, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Okay, thanks guys.

Cheers

For me it actually never happened when loading a track.
yeah I think it could be for a track I haven't / played for a long time
My tracks are all analyzed, but it might be possible that I've played this tracks for the first time for a long time, I've to recheck!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:14 PM - 29 June, 2015
Thanks BleedR and Col1990

Yes, interesting point that the song files may be considered as new to Serato DJ due to rebuilding the database and freshly installing for you BleedR. @Col1990 - not quite so clear a possibility for you, but I'll discuss this 'new song' aspect with the development team.

@Ernescm - do you usually re-set the fan to 6000 RPM? What are you using to do this, SMC fan control?

Is anyone else using a third party app for fan control? This would be good to know.
Col1990 11:25 PM - 29 June, 2015
One more thing this past weekend I have noticed when songs are playing when running a loop whilst scrolling my "all" library fast the waveform lags and seems serato is running sIow this happens sometimes when just running a loop. I have a Mac Retina 8gb ram never had this prob before 1.7.5 and the only thing thats running is serato with no wifi or Bluetooth I'm also using ddj sx2
Col1990 11:26 PM - 29 June, 2015
I only have 5k songs in library too so its not like there is millions for it to lag
BleedR 11:45 PM - 29 June, 2015
Quote:
Thanks BleedR and Col1990

Yes, interesting point that the song files may be considered as new to Serato DJ due to rebuilding the database and freshly installing for you BleedR. @Col1990 - not quite so clear a possibility for you, but I'll discuss this 'new song' aspect with the development team.

@Ernescm - do you usually re-set the fan to 6000 RPM? What are you using to do this, SMC fan control?

Is anyone else using a third party app for fan control? This would be good to know.

Not running anything in the background, no fan control, wi-fi & bluetooth off.

I've 40k+ tracks in my library
Ernescm 2:05 AM - 30 June, 2015
Yes I'm use smc Fan Control
DJ M-Killa 12:00 PM - 30 June, 2015
I'm not using fan control.

I experienced this lag in library mode, too
Press cmd and f you enter the all crate to search in. To get there it takes 2 seconds and the waveforms are not moving for this moment. The sound is not affected.
But this has nothing to do with the skipping issue itself.

By the way, in SSL there is no problem with the all crate search with the same library.
DJ M-Killa 12:02 PM - 30 June, 2015
So there is still no fix in the new version of serato dj?
I thought it would be done in 1.7.6
I mean this couldn't be so hard to fix it.
Then I have to switch back to SSL.
Dj Ricky Redz 12:49 PM - 30 June, 2015
this had happened to me 3 times while doing a gig saturday night and 3 times during my radio show yesterday... this is embarrassing!

i have a fresh os install about 2 weeks now because of this problem, optimized n all... Same issue

Gear:
Pioneer ddj sx & sr
Macbook Pro 2010 2.5 i5, 8gb ram, 1tb hdd

Never realised so many people having the same problem, was going to sell my mac n upgrade or upgrade to ssd... Having this issue since november i think.
djfox86 1:28 PM - 30 June, 2015
Let me help somebody here... The problem can be a third party app... Why? A few days i've an app in my macbook that checking my ram (Memory Cleaner) and that app restart and crash every moment mi MB and SERATO DJ... So... I did an a fresh instalation of OSX Mavericks (Not Yosemite) WITHOUT any appp instaled, and i found the problem...

Solution: Go and do a fresh instalation of OSX without any app, just only SERATO 1.7.5 and try, if the problem continue, is the DJ HARDWARE...

It's just a possible solution...

Bye bye
BleedR 8:39 AM - 1 July, 2015
Quote:
Let me help somebody here... The problem can be a third party app... Why? A few days i've an app in my macbook that checking my ram (Memory Cleaner) and that app restart and crash every moment mi MB and SERATO DJ... So... I did an a fresh instalation of OSX Mavericks (Not Yosemite) WITHOUT any appp instaled, and i found the problem...

Solution: Go and do a fresh instalation of OSX without any app, just only SERATO 1.7.5 and try, if the problem continue, is the DJ HARDWARE...

It's just a possible solution...

Bye bye

The 'solution' is Mavericks instead of Yosemite! It's not an app!

Quote:
this had happened to me 3 times while doing a gig saturday night and 3 times during my radio show yesterday... this is embarrassing!

i have a fresh os install about 2 weeks now because of this problem, optimized n all... Same issue

Gear:
Pioneer ddj sx & sr
Macbook Pro 2010 2.5 i5, 8gb ram, 1tb hdd

Never realised so many people having the same problem, was going to sell my mac n upgrade or upgrade to ssd... Having this issue since november i think.

Have the issue since November too - since I installed Yosemite. VCI-380.
Have also reinstalled the OS X and tried everything else...
BleedR 10:04 AM - 1 July, 2015
Anyway, what about other Applications that are installed?
For me it's pretty easy to list them as I mainly use this for DJing only.

This are ALL applications that are installed (Apple's default ones excluded):

Adobe Flash Player
Box Sync (I close it before using SDJ)
FileZilla
Microsoft Silverlight
MPlayerX
Scratch Live
Serato DJ
Sonos
Spotify
Sublime Text
SuperDuper!
The Unarchiver
True Crypt
VLC
WakeOnLAN
All2MP3
MP3 Trimmer
NameChanger

Maybe everyone can post which applications match with them?
Dj Ricky Redz 3:19 PM - 1 July, 2015
Funny enough, i only have these installed after experiencing the dropout with sdj alone installed

SDJ
Cafine
Shazam
Cockos Reaper
Pete Input 10:36 AM - 2 July, 2015
It can't be related to the Yosemite, because i don't have that.

It can't be related to the apps. I have only 2 "extra" software at my machine (KeyFinder and Platinum Notes).
JamieCastle 5:23 PM - 2 July, 2015
I bought a new mac because of this in July last year..
I went from a mid 2010 8gb i7, to a late 2013 16g i7 with SSD.
..installed NOTHING except Serato and my library. ...Still happened!!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:08 PM - 2 July, 2015
Hey Pete Input

Are you saying you are experiencing this issue on an older OS?

Cheers
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:11 PM - 2 July, 2015
And thanks for the info guys. I'm collecting it all so we can try to see if there are any particularities to your setups.

Aaron
Pete Input 11:40 PM - 2 July, 2015
Aaron E

Yes.
This is what i have been post earlier in this topic...

"I have the same problem, AFTER 1.7.4 and 1.7.5. (I notice some odd behave with 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 also)

Gear:
Mac (Mavericks)
Vestax VCI-380"
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:37 AM - 3 July, 2015
Ah, thanks for that Pete.
BleedR 9:08 AM - 3 July, 2015
Yesterday I played 1h with 1.7.6.
I got for the first time as long as I can remember USB flashing orange and red (even twice) while DJing!
Didn't got a drop out. Maybe this is interesting. 1.7.5 and older I didn't had USB flashing with the VCI 380.
Also when VCI 380 was connected and on before starting SDJ it froze showing only the gray screen...
Dj Ricky Redz 2:56 PM - 3 July, 2015
did a show on wednesday... got about 15 dropouts in 3 hours... :( i don't know what to do now!
Col1990 6:24 PM - 3 July, 2015
Quote:
did a show on wednesday... got about 15 dropouts in 3 hours... :( i don't know what to do now!

Wow thats a lot lol is that with the new OS update and Serato update?
DJ M-Killa 2:12 PM - 4 July, 2015
Quote:
Hey Pete Input

Are you saying you are experiencing this issue on an older OS?

Cheers

There are people who experience this issue running in Windows OS.
It is not an Mac only problem!
Dj Ricky Redz 7:09 AM - 5 July, 2015
@col1990 its with 10.10.3 and the latest update

i only use iTunes so i decided to delete the "_serato_" & "_serato_backup" and to my surprise, no dropouts on my 3hr show friday :D
Col1990 4:47 PM - 5 July, 2015
lol I can't wait for an stable update every week I'm getting drop outs or crashes last night pack dance floor Serato crash I'm like man this shit is crazy was thinking of switching to Traktor untill its fixed
DJ MATRIX @ 5:43 PM - 5 July, 2015
TO BE HONEST I THINK SERATO GAVE UP ON NUMARK BECAUSE WE"VE BEEN HAVING ISSUES SINCE SERATO DJ 1.7.0 I THINK THEY ARE GEARING THEIR SOFTWARE TO PIONEER FROM WHAT IM NOTICING NS7 AND NS7 2 BEEN HAVING ALOT OF AUDIO DROP OUTS AND ALOT OF DISTORTION AND SIGNAL LOST FROM THE SOFTWARE AND ITS GETTING RIDICULUOS NOW HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO SAY WE ARE PROFESSIONAL WITH OUR HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE WHEN WE ARE ENCOUNTERING THESE CONSISTENT MASSIVE ISSUES THIS IS JUST PATHETIC NOW HONESTLY!!!!!!
JamieCastle 8:36 PM - 5 July, 2015
I'm just gonna bump this comment again...

Quote:

Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:44 AM - 6 July, 2015
Thanks JamieCastle

Unfortunately, the root cause seems highly likely to be within OS X (and much more pronounced with Yosemite). I say unfortunately because this means it will potentially be much more difficult to find (and fix).

I'll let you all know here of any updates from our end.

Aaron
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:51 AM - 6 July, 2015
@DJ MATRIX

We definitively do not favour any of our hardware partners over others. We also have no more or less reports of issues across different hardware. I know it can sometimes seem like there are more problems being reported one way or another, but I can assure you this is just a perception.

Please (and this goes for everyone on this thread) open a help request at support.serato.com if you are experiencing any other issues as it's much better to troubleshoot one on one with someone from our team.

We need to keep this thread on track discussing the dropout and skip forward issue.

Thanks, Aaron
BleedR 9:08 AM - 6 July, 2015
@AAron

May I ask if you have been in touch with Apple about the issue?
I mean they are beta testing a new OS X, it would be the perfect time to address the issue (if it's really in OS X).
DJ MATRIX @ 10:54 AM - 6 July, 2015
If u guys knew there would be issues with the Yosemite and serato DJ why wouldn't notify us immediately why wait for use to write to you guys through forum
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:29 PM - 6 July, 2015
Hey BleedR

Even if the root cause is OS X it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bug. It could well have something to do with a setting or behaviour that is built in to OS X and is doing what it should be doing.

I think we really need to work at finding a commonality in setup amongst you all to figure out how we can prevent whatever the OS might be doing to cause this. Here's a post from a Traktor user about what has seemingly resolved the issue for them:

[b]Using Yosemite 10.10.3 on a Macbook Pro Retina 15 inch Mid 2014.
Try this:

App properties:
Disable Nap App.

Traktor setting:

Latency 512 (that's 5ms in SDJ)

Energy Savings settings:

Turn Display Off: Never.
Turn off Automatic Graphics Switching ( If you have 2 videocards).
Turn off 'Put harddisk to sleep when possible'.
Turn off ' Wake for Wifi Access'.
Turn off 'Enable Power Nap while plugged into a power adapter'.

Connection:
Use USB port on the right side.
Use USB Cable with tag 24AWG/2C printed on the cable.

So far so good. [/b]

Some of these you will have covered if you followed our Mac optimisation guide, but please try all these steps as well to see if any of them help you.

Cheers
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:33 PM - 6 July, 2015
@ DJ MATRIX

We did a full test sweep with Serato DJ and Yosemite and found no issues to report. At that point we added support for this OS. We are always transparent about any issues we find. We didn't know about this issue until you guys brought it to our attention.

Aaron
Col1990 11:06 PM - 6 July, 2015

I had this on hopefully that has something to do with it. Its off now and ill see how it goes
BleedR 11:39 PM - 6 July, 2015
Quote:
Even if the root cause is OS X it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bug. It could well have something to do with a setting or behaviour that is built in to OS X and is doing what it should be doing.

Related to my question, this means you are not in contact with Apple concerning this issue, right?

Quote:

App properties:
Disable Nap App.

Done! I had played since then once 1h, and did NOT get this problem. Curiously I got USB flashing (never had those before). So using 1.7.6 with Disabled Nap App (like already posted).

Quote:
Traktor setting:
Latency 512 (that's 5ms in SDJ)

I'm using SL4 and 61 with 2ms - never had a drop out or flashing light.
Why would the VCI need 5ms?
Btw, SL4 runs even with 1ms without dropouts and USB flashing, but sound was weird (that's another issue...) thats why I changed to 2.

Quote:

Energy Savings settings:

My Display never switches off when SDJ is started and connected.
When using SDJ I am constantly using the keyboard for the loading of the next track, so this mode never gets activated.
MacBook Air - 1 Videocard.
SSD - no sleep option?!
WiFI is completely switched off.

Power nap gets when activated?

Quote:

Connection:
Use USB port on the right side.
Use USB Cable with tag 24AWG/2C printed on the cable.

Using original cable. Problem happens on both sides.
BleedR 11:42 PM - 6 July, 2015
Quote:
@ DJ MATRIX

We did a full test sweep with Serato DJ and Yosemite and found no issues to report. At that point we added support for this OS. We are always transparent about any issues we find. We didn't know about this issue until you guys brought it to our attention.

Aaron

To be honest I reported this issue Around November 2014... It was ignored, but I don't want to start the discussion about the ticket support again... Just my 2 cents!
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:23 AM - 7 July, 2015
but all the developers now work on sdj as ssl is discontuined, shouldn't this issue be fixed by now?,

that statement from sam's youtube video about the future of serato always cracks me up,

fact is serato are more concerned with adding new hardware to get more revenue then fixing their software,
DJ MATRIX @ 4:45 AM - 7 July, 2015
Quote:
Energy Savings settings:

DJ MATRIX @ 4:46 AM - 7 July, 2015
Quote:
but all the developers now work on sdj as ssl is discontuined, shouldn't this issue be fixed by now?,

that statement from sam's youtube video about the future of serato always cracks me up,

fact is serato are more concerned with adding new hardware to get more revenue then fixing their software, this is my point there is always gonna be new hardware just keep your loyal consistent clients and customers happy
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:48 AM - 7 July, 2015
My mac is powerful 2.7ghz i7 quadcore 16gb ram 1gb gpu and Yosemite optimised. Iv only had this issue on 3 nights all in the same week and have not had it again. So very strange indeed.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:55 PM - 7 July, 2015
Yeah, it's a pretty fruity one alright. In that week Woolsey, were there particular new tracks you were using when it happened? Still haven't completely ruled out that it could potentially be related to playing new or perhaps corrupt files.

Thanks for the info guys. Let me know if you see any improvement after making changes.

Aaron
DJ MATRIX @ 12:25 AM - 8 July, 2015
Honestly u guys need a stable update for serato DJ this is getting worse on numark products
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:46 AM - 8 July, 2015
What issues are you having specifically MATRIX? (apart from this one)

Have you opened any help requests? This is the best way to work through any issues with the team.

Cheers, Aaron
DJ MATRIX @ 3:12 AM - 8 July, 2015
Drop audio drops out and pitch speeding song loading loud playing on 33 rpm distortion on the audio
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:32 PM - 8 July, 2015
Alright man, sounds like you are having a few different issues there.

Have you opened a help request? Getting deeper on it with one of the team would definitely be your best bet. support.serato.com
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:39 PM - 8 July, 2015
thats should be serato's next t-shirt,

Have you opened a help request?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:48 PM - 8 July, 2015
Haha, not a bad idea Sparky.

Still seems to be a group of people here on the forum who aren't aware it's the best way to get help when you are facing issues.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:55 PM - 8 July, 2015
Keen to make that tee.
DJ M-Killa 11:28 AM - 9 July, 2015
Quote:
Haha, not a bad idea Sparky.

Still seems to be a group of people here on the forum who aren't aware it's the best way to get help when you are facing issues.

Guys calm down.
Normally, Serato will fix it anytime.
The problem is that they cannot reproduce this issue. Even we don't know what causes this issue. You can not fix what you don't experience.

@Aaron it has nothing to do with new tracks. I have a completely analyzed database, using serato scratch live since 6 or 7 years.
My MacBook is optimized.
There are a lot of people (in this thread) who are professional DJs. This is not an issue because they didn't turn off the Screensaver.
I tried everything.
New ac adapter, new USB cables, different USB ports, different controllers and so on,even different versions.
It is a bug. There is no workaround or something like it.
I don't think it's a mac only bug.
There are users who experience this issue in Windows.
BleedR 7:08 PM - 9 July, 2015
Today I got a dropout again... This time no USB lights or stuff.
I noticed something, maybe someone can confirm it, or it's just coincidence:

I got this dropout exactly (or at least I feel like it) after one hour after restarting the macbook.
Yes, restarting, not sleep or hibernate. I noticed this, because I restart my macbook before going to dj! I hoped this would help, no luck!
BleedR 7:12 PM - 9 July, 2015
@Aaron:

Quote:
Quote:

Related to my question, this means you are not in contact with Apple concerning this issue, right?

Would like to hear the answer!
Are you in CONTACT with APPLE concerning this ISSUE?

And if NOT, WHY?
BleedR 7:14 PM - 9 July, 2015
And another important question:

What are YOU DOING to SOLVE the ISSUE?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:24 PM - 9 July, 2015
Thanks for the info DJ M-Killa

I appreciate that a lot of people on here are experienced and have already optimized their machines. With something as random as this though, we really need to dot every i and cross every t. There could well be just one minor setting change that is behind all this and we won't know until all avenues are covered.

@ BleedR

No, we're not in contact with Apple about this. At this stage (and this answers your second question too), we are getting as much information on it as possible so we can try determine the root cause. Raising issues with Apple is not a trivial matter and we would need to be a lot further down the track before considering it.

We are being assisted by our development team in trying to narrow down possible root causes and this issue has been scheduled for full investigation. Having dealt with issues like this before that are hard to pin down, I can understand the slow progress is frustrating.

I can assure you we are taking this issue seriously.

Cheers, Aaron
BleedR 8:39 PM - 12 July, 2015
Quote:

@ BleedR

No, we're not in contact with Apple about this. At this stage (and this answers your second question too), we are getting as much information on it as possible so we can try determine the root cause. Raising issues with Apple is not a trivial matter and we would need to be a lot further down the track before considering it.

We are being assisted by our development team in trying to narrow down possible root causes and this issue has been scheduled for full investigation. Having dealt with issues like this before that are hard to pin down, I can understand the slow progress is frustrating.

I can assure you we are taking this issue seriously.

Cheers, Aaron

Hey Aaron,

So you are working with Apple about the 12.2 Itunes problem but with this MAJOR issue you are not??? For real???

"We are working on finding any further issues with the latest version of iTunes and working with Apple to get them resolved as soon as possible."

serato.com
DJPunzo 8:56 PM - 12 July, 2015
I get a 1sec or so dropout every night I Dj around the same exact time as every night. I've even noticed when I was mixing a song both songs stopped and it sounded like a pre recorded mix like if a cd skipped or stopped.

Using latest update for Mac (Yosemite)
I delete my database every 2 weeks and redo it)
I don't use iTunes. No apps installed on my MacBook pro. Wifi off every optimization that is on the forums and serato site I have done. Never had this problem with scratch live. Always had the problem when I first started using serato Dj and still having the problem. Like others say no point in doing a support ticket if they don't even know what the problem is. I'm either going to just use scratch live and forget about the features and worry about the quality. Or move to another program.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:40 PM - 12 July, 2015
Hey DJPunzo

Do your waveforms and virtual decks pause for a moment and then 'speed forward' to catch up to the playhead when you get the dropout? If not, you are experiencing a different issue.

It's very rare for us not to be able to troubleshoot through a dropout issue. Having said this though, there can be any number of causes so could you give me your ticket number(s) so I can see what has been tried with you so far?

Cheers
JamieCastle 11:47 PM - 12 July, 2015
So.. We calling this thing a dropout??
DJPunzo 11:53 PM - 12 July, 2015
What everyone is saying in this topic is an audio dropout. Only few people are experiencing the speed up. My issue is the same that everyone is saying without the speeding up. The music just stops and then continues where it has left off no speed up but I'm still experiencing what the topic is talking about. Title says audio dropout
JamieCastle 12:03 AM - 13 July, 2015
hey Punzo..

yes the title says dropout. however, when the thread was created no one had any idea what the what the issue was. ..this is definitely much more than a 'dropout'.

i feel that calling it a dropout may be confusing to people that are experiencing 'normal' dropouts and looking to this thread for help.

please look at these 2 examples (yes, one is traktor), and let us know if is the same issue you are experiencing...
www.dropbox.com
www.dropbox.com

thanks.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:23 AM - 13 July, 2015
This thread is specifically talking about an issue where there is a pause and then random speeding up of waveforms and virtual decks. The fact there is a drop in audio at the time of the pause is just one part of it.

If you are just getting a dropout, then you need to work with the team to resolve your issue by opening a help request. Let me know if you have already and I'll take a look into it for you.

Cheers
DJPunzo 12:45 AM - 13 July, 2015
Quote:
This thread is specifically talking about an issue where there is a pause and then random speeding up of waveforms and virtual decks. The fact there is a drop in audio at the time of the pause is just one part of it.

If you are just getting a dropout, then you need to work with the team to resolve your issue by opening a help request. Let me know if you have already and I'll take a look into it for you.

Cheers

(#102252)
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:48 AM - 13 July, 2015
Thanks Punzo, someone will get with you to try figure out what's going on there.
Tomixxx 11:42 AM - 13 July, 2015
Dear users,

I know this is a Serato forum, but as a Traktor user, I experience same problems as you describe here, see www.native-instruments.com. I have also recorded a video of the drop out, see www.dropbox.com. Watch the last 15 seconds.

Because of this issue, I tried Serato DJ 1.7.5 a couple of month ago and got same issues. There's strong evidence that Apple has introduced a serious CoreAudio bug. I did a clean install of Yosemite, installed Traktor and Serato, but the problems remain.

Increasing latency has not solved the issue. The system logging (open Konsole.app) outputs either:

kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0xffffff802f83e000]::clipIfNecessary() - Error: counted 2 clip more than one buffer ahead errors.

or

identityservicesd[256]: <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7fcafb7224d0>: notification observer: com.apple.iChat notification: __CFNotification 0x7fcafb7204c0 {name = _NSDoNotDisturbDisabledNotification}
identityservicesd[256]: <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7fcafb7224d0>: NC Disabled: NO
identityservicesd[256]: <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7fcafb7224d0>: DND Enabled: NO
identityservicesd[256]: <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7fcafb7224d0>: Updating enabled: YES (Topics: (
))

when the drop out happends.

Having resetted the SMC of my MacBook, the drop oust have reduced.

As an exception, in such a particular case, I'd like to see Serato and Native Instrument working together, putting pressure on Apple.

Regards
BleedR 12:56 PM - 13 July, 2015
@Tomixxx

Have you tried the new OS X Beta?

Btw my logs don't Show anything like that.
And how come the Rane Hardware Works Fine if it's an Apple issue? I mean the SL boxes And mixer?
Tomixxx 1:52 PM - 13 July, 2015
@BleedR

I have not tried a beta of OS X 10.11 yet. Please note that my intention is just about to inform you that numerous Traktor users have same issues. You are not alone. We all hope that things are getting better.
dspro 12:55 AM - 14 July, 2015
Another user here experiencing the same issues. Ever since I updated my OS to Yosemite I've been getting the audio dropouts and random speed ups you guys are getting (with serato 1.7.1 - 1.7.6). First the software hangs, then the audio fast forwards, then the audio drops for a good 5 seconds. I'm lucky if the audio comes back on and goes back to normal because I've also had 3 occurrences so far where the screen went gray and rebooted the whole system on its own... at a gig smh. I guess until it's fixed I'm just going to try to revert back to my previous OS that worked perfectly.. 10.8.5 (mountain lion) with serato 1.7.1
BleedR 1:40 AM - 14 July, 2015
I think I might have found a easy and cheap solution...
I will buy a SD card with 64 GB that I will keep in my MacBook Air. (Around 40€).
Then I will install 10.9 or 10.8 on it.
Then symlink the Music Folder of that OS X to the one of the installed Device.
I guess SDJ will recognise the library and be able to load everything!

So each time I need to use the VCI I will boot from the Card and BAAAM! No more issues... Right :)?

All the other time, for music management and stuff I will just start regular, like always!

Cheers!
DJ MATRIX @ 1:26 PM - 14 July, 2015
Why do we have to contact apple for our issues Apple is Apple not a DJ software serato is the DJ software why don't you guys contact them and communicate with them about fixing these issues we Mac users are having doesn't that looks more professional than each individual calling Apple complain all the time
DJ dVO 10:24 PM - 14 July, 2015
I have said it all along that Yosemite update has caused this "dropout and random speed" issue. We are not done resolving this and now face with El Capitan coming out. Yikes! I think Serato's development team should consider getting in touch with Apple's development about this for any real hope it will be resolved.
DJ MATRIX @ 10:50 PM - 14 July, 2015
Quote:
should
DJ MATRIX @ 10:50 PM - 14 July, 2015
Quote:
I have said it all along that Yosemite update has caused this "dropout and random speed" issue. We are not done resolving this and now face with El Capitan coming out. Yikes! I think Serato's development team should consider getting in touch with Apple's development about this for any real hope it will be resolved.
BleedR 12:39 AM - 15 July, 2015
Quote:

Actually it pretty much sucks for people who buy a system that is released with the most recent OS X, there was a list form Apple where it shows you which OS X should be the oldest one you should run... So everyone getting a new mac where it states Yosemite, is pretty much f*cked!

support.apple.com
DJ MATRIX @ 2:53 AM - 15 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Actually it pretty much sucks for people who buy a system that is released with the most recent OS X, there was a list form Apple where it shows you which OS X should be the oldest one you should run... So everyone getting a new mac where it states Yosemite, is pretty much f*cked!

support.apple.com
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:22 AM - 15 July, 2015
Like i said iv only ever had this happen once on three nights never before that and never since so seems very strange and iv not herd anyone else have this issue i know. And you guys have this every single time you dj? You sure it's the loss of audio then audio comes back super fast until it catches up to where the music would have been then it's fine again.
Pete Input 8:13 AM - 15 July, 2015
Quote:
I have said it all along that Yosemite update has caused this "dropout and random speed" issue.

NO!
I'm using Mavericks.

I got this problem with 1.7.4 and 1.7.5.
I have not tried with 1.7.6 yet...

Solution for me is going back to 1.7.1. No problems!
DJ dVO 12:10 PM - 15 July, 2015
@DJ MATRIX - Not sure I understand your posts. Why are you quoting people without adding your comment to it? I don't think it is necessary to repost what people said already, unless you have an opinion/view to add.
DJ dVO 12:14 PM - 15 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
I have said it all along that Yosemite update has caused this "dropout and random speed" issue.

NO!
I'm using Mavericks.

I got this problem with 1.7.4 and 1.7.5.
I have not tried with 1.7.6 yet...

Solution for me is going back to 1.7.1. No problems!

It appears this occurrence happens more frequent with OS Yosemite + 1.7.6. I for one never had any issue prior to 1.7.6 on my NS7FX and Vestacs VCI-380. Since I updated to Yosemite, this problem became more frequent. From reading many posts on the issue, many are running OS Yosemite. I am not saying that pre-Yosemite, everything was perfect.
BleedR 1:42 PM - 15 July, 2015
Ok guys,
I just did the following and will report:

I bought a 32 GB usb 3 Stick for 13€, now it's 18€
www.amazon.de
It is pretty small and looks awesome on my mac book air.

Then I created a bootable install stick on my old 64 GB usb stick of Mountain Lion
osxdaily.com

Booting form the that USB i installed in the 32GB 10.8

All worked perfect and fast!

Then when booting I selected the 32GB USB stick (the other one can be removed, not needed anymore) and did all optimizations like disabling bluetooth, wifi & spotlight and shit.
Then I created a Symlink to the location of my Music folder on my SSD.
gigaom.com

Put the SDJ from my SSD to the dock and ready!

This way when using the USB I can run SDJ with 10.8 with all optimization and stuff!
This is a one shot thing, you don't need to change anything anytime!!!
You boot from the USB before DJing only! Then you shut it down, remove it and use your laptop for library administration, music listening, producing, whatever!!!

If you have questions, let me know!

I will run a few test at home when I got time, if 10.8 makes 1.7.6 dropout and random speedup disappear with VCI 380!

REMEMBER! Don't install an OS X that is lower than the "Original OS X included" according to this list!!!
support.apple.com
DJ MATRIX @ 2:07 AM - 16 July, 2015
All I'm saying all the numark midi controllers users wasted their money because all the issues or most of the issues are coming from numark users serato needs to do better I know have to go back to virtual DJ because of serato lack of stability and accuracy itch don't even support anymore with our controllers
DJ MATRIX @ 2:08 AM - 16 July, 2015
Sorry to say but serato will lose revenue very quickly and sale if u guys don't realize 90% DJs going back to traktor
pdidy 5:37 AM - 16 July, 2015
Quote:
Sorry to say but serato will lose revenue very quickly and sale if u guys don't realize 90% DJs going back to traktor

wow, so you just gonna make shit up and think we don't notice.....lol
DJ dVO 12:47 PM - 17 July, 2015
Have you guys seen/followed this thread: serato.com

Interesting observations by Skillz on dropouts.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:09 PM - 17 July, 2015
Quote:
Have you guys seen/followed this thread: serato.com

Interesting observations by Skillz on dropouts.

That is NOT this issue! That is for audio loss of output on motorised platter controllers.
BleedR 4:51 PM - 17 July, 2015
Quote:
Ok guys,
I just did the following and will report:

I bought a 32 GB usb 3 Stick for 13€, now it's 18€
www.amazon.de
It is pretty small and looks awesome on my mac book air.

Then I created a bootable install stick on my old 64 GB usb stick of Mountain Lion
osxdaily.com

Booting form the that USB i installed in the 32GB 10.8

All worked perfect and fast!

Then when booting I selected the 32GB USB stick (the other one can be removed, not needed anymore) and did all optimizations like disabling bluetooth, wifi & spotlight and shit.
Then I created a Symlink to the location of my Music folder on my SSD.
gigaom.com

Put the SDJ from my SSD to the dock and ready!

This way when using the USB I can run SDJ with 10.8 with all optimization and stuff!
This is a one shot thing, you don't need to change anything anytime!!!
You boot from the USB before DJing only! Then you shut it down, remove it and use your laptop for library administration, music listening, producing, whatever!!!

If you have questions, let me know!

I will run a few test at home when I got time, if 10.8 makes 1.7.6 dropout and random speedup disappear with VCI 380!

REMEMBER! Don't install an OS X that is lower than the "Original OS X included" according to this list!!!
support.apple.com

Ok guys, I got no issues with USB booting of 10.8! Will use it that way till one day there might be a fix...
JamieCastle 5:18 AM - 18 July, 2015
So.. I bought a new Mac because of this, and now the only workaround will mean moving back to my old Mac???
That's f*cked up!!
BleedR 9:37 AM - 18 July, 2015
Quote:
So.. I bought a new Mac because of this, and now the only workaround will mean moving back to my old Mac???
That's f*cked up!![/Quote]

Yep And yep!
DJ dVO 3:35 PM - 18 July, 2015
Well, I can confirm the following workaround does not work to resolve the audio dropout and random speed up issue:

#1. Disable Spotlight via Terminal:
sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist

#2. Disable Time Machine (in Preferences)

#3. Uncheck “Automatic Graphics switching” (in Preferences)

#4. Disable Networks (WiFi, Bluetooth) (in Menu Bar)

#5. Disengage Strip Search (in SDJ)

#6. Disable Auto Gain (in SDJ)

First hour into the set, I got the audio dropout and random speedup. And then about 3 hours in, BAM! Complete crash! Feeling very frustrated right now and I have a big event coming up in Sept. This MUST be fixed.
Col1990 2:56 AM - 19 July, 2015
I did what was recommended on this thread with spotlight off, automatic graphics off, no programs on and internet and bluetooth off. For the past two weeks it has been fine with no problems at all but I just hope it's not luck.
BleedR 8:25 AM - 20 July, 2015
Quote:
I did what was recommended on this thread with spotlight off, automatic graphics off, no programs on and internet and bluetooth off. For the past two weeks it has been fine with no problems at all but I just hope it's not luck.

It IS luck, I had it working for a month, then it started again each time...
I was sure it was the EQ limiter, but obviously it wasn't...

Do the USB boot with an old OS X and all is fine!
DJ M-Killa 6:39 AM - 23 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Can you boot from SD card?
I need both USB ports.
So this might be the workaround for me.
DJ dVO 2:16 PM - 23 July, 2015
Quote:

This confirms that Mac OS Yosemite is the problem and deemed incompatible with SDJ. We need an official statement from Serato on this.
JamieCastle 3:20 PM - 23 July, 2015
I would like to know if the serato staff member is still experiencing this..??
It will be very odd if it only happened to him (or her;) that one gig!
DJ dVO 4:42 PM - 23 July, 2015
Quote:
Thanks JamieCastle

Unfortunately, the root cause seems highly likely to be within OS X (and much more pronounced with Yosemite). I say unfortunately because this means it will potentially be much more difficult to find (and fix).

I'll let you all know here of any updates from our end.

Aaron

Any update Aaron that you could offer us?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:18 PM - 23 July, 2015
Sorry guys no update from us at this stage. We are still unable to reproduce this at will.

Can you let me know what level of frequency you guys are seeing and whether you have noticed any difference with OS X 10.10.4 (if you have updated)?

Aaron
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:24 PM - 23 July, 2015
seems like the crash/error reporting feature you guys added is working well.....
BleedR 11:47 PM - 23 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Can you boot from SD card?
I need both USB ports.
So this might be the workaround for me.

Yes you can, but check if it's Supporting the speed, if your Mac is older it might be only USB 2.0

I noticed Today with 10.8 interesting things, like Going out of sync…
DID SOME1 HAD THE ISSUE WITH SYNC OFF? Or is everyone experiencing it using Auto sync? My observation shows that jumpy waveforms come before the dropout happens, And today with 10.8 I got jumpy waveforms And Going out of Sync. Coincidence?
DJ dVO 1:22 AM - 24 July, 2015
I make the same observation too: jumpy waveform will eventually lead to dropout and speed up.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:25 AM - 24 July, 2015
The only sync i use is when washing my hands so it's not that lol
DJ M-Killa 8:37 AM - 24 July, 2015
Not using sync at all.
Where do I get the older OSX Version?
BleedR 11:10 AM - 24 July, 2015
Quote:
Not using sync at all.

App Store -> Purchases
If you don't own an old version -> Apple store and hope that the Genius is a nice guy and can install it on an USB for you ;)
Harry Jarvis 11:17 AM - 24 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Not using sync at all.

App Store -> Purchases
If you don't own an old version -> Apple store and hope that the Genius is a nice guy and can install it on an USB for you ;)

So can someone write a step by step guide. I got mavericks on my app store downloads. I don't want to download it incase it wipes my hard drive or is this not even an issue. Also I'm out the country and do not have access to a hard rive to back up anything.
DJ dVO 11:21 AM - 24 July, 2015
Step by step link is shown above. It is for Mountain Lion but pretty much the same. Here again: osxdaily.com
Harry Jarvis 11:22 AM - 24 July, 2015
Cheers will keep you guys updated
DJCheLu 12:24 AM - 25 July, 2015
I have had this issue randomly for ever. Almost lost a big corporate gig because my music was doing this in the beginning of the gig.

Hopefully they find a fix or at least tell us to go back to what ever version. I tried new cables, fresh installs, even bought a brand new VCI 380 and it was still happening. Happened on my DDJ SX as well.

Im thinking for my next corporate gig in a month not even using serato dj and just busting out the itunes if this issue doesnt get fixed LOL.
JamieCastle 4:34 PM - 25 July, 2015
It just happened on my iTunes again!!
DJCheLu 4:46 PM - 25 July, 2015
Quote:

Well there goes my idea of using itunes as a stable alternative.......
JamieCastle 5:00 PM - 25 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hah, after reading ur post i thought it would sound like i was taking the p*ss!
That's the 3rd time i think I've heard it happen on iTunes in around 18months.

If i ever do a wedding (which is rare nowadays), i have to use a cd for the first dance because of this. ..it always seems really annoying having to lug a CDJ there knowing I'm only gonna use it for one track!
DJCheLu 7:33 PM - 25 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hah, after reading ur post i thought it would sound like i was taking the p*ss!

That's the 3rd time i think I've heard it happen on iTunes in around 18months.

If i ever do a wedding (which is rare nowadays), i have to use a cd for the first dance because of this. ..it always seems really annoying having to lug a CDJ there knowing I'm only gonna use it for one track!

LOL, well the sound quality i was going to fix using a cheap $30 usb sound card, they are only RCA our but the make everything sound much better.

I will look into the USB bootable OSX option and see how well that works for me, but it looked like that user also had the same issue after a few gigs.
Nick Petino 8:25 PM - 25 July, 2015
Having the same problem, same as the Video someone posted.

2.3 i7, SSD, 16GB Ram,
Same Problem on 1.7.4-.175, and 1.7.6
Using a Pioneer SZ.

Using same laptop on ScratchLive 2.5 and ZERO problems with Video.

Pretty sure its a software issue and not a OS X issue.

Anyone have any luck yet in fixing?
JamieCastle 2:51 AM - 26 July, 2015
Ok.... I have a few, quite unique, bugs going on with Serato that maybe related to this dropout/speedup thing.

Can a few of you please let me know if experiencing the same ...If so, It may help trap this little bastard of a gremlin!!

- With every first load of a track per session while in slicer mode, i get the 'can not use slicer' message for 3 or 4 seconds as Serato thinks my tracks have no grids (all of them have).

- If i load a track, put into slicer mode, lock a loop in, hit cue then play ..the track will now be looping in the minus section of bars. i.e. bars -2 to 1 rather than 1 to 3. (note; i have not touched the platter at all).

- If i chuck a locked track through platinum notes, it will come back with the frame index out of line and all grids shifted about 7 or 8 points to the left. (The hot cues that mixed in key add appear roughly in the same place ..dunno if related).
Pete Input 10:25 AM - 26 July, 2015
Quote:

- With every first load of a track per session while in slicer mode, i get the 'can not use slicer' message for 3 or 4 seconds as Serato thinks my tracks have no grids (all of them have).

- If i load a track, put into slicer mode, lock a loop in, hit cue then play ..the track will now be looping in the minus section of bars. i.e. bars -2 to 1 rather than 1 to 3. (note; i have not touched the platter at all).

- If i chuck a locked track through platinum notes, it will come back with the frame index out of line and all grids shifted about 7 or 8 points to the left. (The hot cues that mixed in key add appear roughly in the same place ..dunno if related).

I don't know about the first one because i have never loaded track with slicer on, but it sounds like a bug...?

The second one... mine does the same thing. It has been like that from the beginning.

The third one... It's normal behavior. Just fix your grids...

I don't think that all of these 3 have nothing to do with this problem.
BleedR 1:13 PM - 26 July, 2015
Quote:

I will look into the USB bootable OSX option and see how well that works for me, but it looked like that user also had the same issue after a few gigs.

No, I don't have any issues at all using the USB boot with 10.8!!!
I just posted some details which might had been interesting in finding the bug for Yosemite!
JamieCastle 7:25 PM - 26 July, 2015
Quote:
I don't know about the first one because i have never loaded track with slicer on, but it sounds like a bug...?

If possible, could u try and let me know?

Quote:
The second one... mine does the same thing. It has been like that from the beginning.

It has been like that for me since 1.7 ..I hate it!!!

Quote:

Normal as in.. it's supposed to do that??

Quote:

That sentence confused the hell out of me!
Serato, Support
Karl Y 9:50 AM - 27 July, 2015
Quote:

Hi JamieCastle

Did you play trough your internal speakers when that happened, or trough a sound card / controller ?

Thanks

Karl
Pete Input 12:03 PM - 27 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

If possible, could u try and let me know?

Quote:

Quote:

Normal as in.. it's supposed to do that??

Quote:

That sentence confused the hell out of me!

Yeah, i can try that. I let you know....

If i remember things right, it does that also in ITCH, not just SDJ.

Platinum Notes does a small gaps in the beginning and the end of songs. That's why your grids are not in the correct position anymore. That is normal behavior. Just fix your grids.
JamieCastle 2:22 PM - 27 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hi JamieCastle

Did you play trough your internal speakers when that happened, or trough a sound card / controller ?

Thanks

Karl

Hey Karl,

It happens through the internals. No usb interface at all. It also happens [rarely] with Serato while in offline mode.
JamieCastle 2:27 PM - 27 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If i remember things right, it does that also in ITCH, not just SDJ.

This is definitely not something that is supposed to happen. Serato confirmed that when remotely looking at my laptop a few months ago.
...It also happens intermittently.
BleedR 2:38 PM - 27 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi JamieCastle

Thanks

Karl

Hey Karl,

It happens through the internals. No usb interface at all. It also happens [rarely] with Serato while in offline mode.

The fun party about that is that there are several issues, which are not connected in my opinion. The ones that you get in iTunes or Offline player.
I can confirm with SL4 no problems, with iTunes and other apps like VLC, Quicktime also not a single problem, in Offline Player "bad quality" and "skipping" that is pretty low and hard to hear, and the VCI different kind of dropouts. (With 10.10.x)
JamieCastle 3:38 PM - 27 July, 2015
When it happens on iTunes, it isn't exactly the same but very similar.

Everything happens the same, but lasts longer.
The initial skipping lasts a a couple of seconds (rather than a split second) ..then the following dropout lasts 4-5seconds.
DJ G70 12:31 PM - 29 July, 2015
Hi everyone, this guide I found in another thread that solved my audio dropouts.

I only used the steps for the auto gain, if it works for you please let me know.

Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 1:08 PM - 17 July, 2015
Just F.Y.I...

I did a fresh install of O.S.X and had the same problems (except my pointer stopped vanishing). I then upgraded to 10.10.4. Same problems, but...

This morning, I repaired the disk permissions and reset the PRAM. I immediately noticed that the computer was much faster. The CPU meter in Serato seemed more responsive and I'd seen the CPU warning light come on for the first time. I put as much stress on the CPU that I possibly could and even though the CPU was often in the red, there were no dropouts or screen freezes. Everything ran flawless...

The drop outs and pops returned with Auto Gain enabled. I did some experimenting and found that the pops and dropouts only happen if I start the software with Auto Gain on. If I disable Auto Gain before I exit the software, restart the software, then turn on Auto Gain (after the Library has finished loading), there's no pops or drop outs.

Next, I left Auto Gain enabled and restarted Serato. The pops and dropouts were still gone. I did this several times, no problems. I restarted the computer, enabled Auto Gain, and the pops and dropouts were back.

After trying several more experiments, I've concluded that if I start the software with Auto Gain disabled, I have no issues with audio. Even if I enable Auto Gain after the library has loaded, no audio issues. The problems with Auto Gain returns if I restart the computer and start Serato with Auto Gain enabled...

Steps to take:
1) Turn off Auto Gain before exiting Serato DJ.
2) Start Serato DJ
3) Wait until your Library (and Crates) finish loading, then
4) Enable Auto Gain

This works for me until the next time I shutdown/restart the computer...
DeeJay Staas 8:41 AM - 30 July, 2015
any ideas ? news ? after two monts without drops, last night had one during Recording :
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011) , 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 , 8 GB , 512 SSD
OS X Yosemite 10.10.1
Serato 1.7.5 .

Help !
DJCheLu 4:46 PM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
Hi everyone, this guide I found in another thread that solved my audio dropouts.

I only used the steps for the auto gain, if it works for you please let me know.

Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 1:08 PM - 17 July, 2015

Just F.Y.I...

I did a fresh install of O.S.X and had the same problems (except my pointer stopped vanishing). I then upgraded to 10.10.4. Same problems, but...

This morning, I repaired the disk permissions and reset the PRAM. I immediately noticed that the computer was much faster. The CPU meter in Serato seemed more responsive and I'd seen the CPU warning light come on for the first time. I put as much stress on the CPU that I possibly could and even though the CPU was often in the red, there were no dropouts or screen freezes. Everything ran flawless...

The drop outs and pops returned with Auto Gain enabled. I did some experimenting and found that the pops and dropouts only happen if I start the software with Auto Gain on. If I disable Auto Gain before I exit the software, restart the software, then turn on Auto Gain (after the Library has finished loading), there's no pops or drop outs.

Next, I left Auto Gain enabled and restarted Serato. The pops and dropouts were still gone. I did this several times, no problems. I restarted the computer, enabled Auto Gain, and the pops and dropouts were back.

After trying several more experiments, I've concluded that if I start the software with Auto Gain disabled, I have no issues with audio. Even if I enable Auto Gain after the library has loaded, no audio issues. The problems with Auto Gain returns if I restart the computer and start Serato with Auto Gain enabled...

Steps to take:

1) Turn off Auto Gain before exiting Serato DJ.

2) Start Serato DJ

3) Wait until your Library (and Crates) finish loading, then

4) Enable Auto Gain

This works for me until the next time I shutdown/restart the computer...

I dont think this is the same problem we are having.

The issue with the problem we are all having is its not easy to recreate. I have done 3 5 hour gigs the last few weeks and it only happened twice where everything would freeze and then fast forward giving dead air. Its a pain in the butt to diagnose.......
Dj Ricky Redz 12:52 AM - 6 August, 2015
My experience for the past few weeks...

was having the "speed up drop out" with my 2010 MBP 15" [2.53 i5, 8Gb DDR 3, 1tb 5400 rpm hdd]

got a mid 2012 11" macbook air (yes 11") with 1.7 i5, 4gb ram, 64gb SSD...

NO DROP OUTS... unti last night i got 1 and today in my radio show got another :(

i have my music on a 1tb external hdd where i copied my itunes library [am also in the process of switching back to crates from folders]

i really love serato but im looking an alternative until then...

P.S. will try what DJ G70 posted before doing so, if it persists, then im out!
938MyDJ 5:41 AM - 6 August, 2015
I had this drop out too in the middle of mobile gig last Saturday. Both 2 laptops connected working properly but dead sound on the SZ on USB A&B.

SZ reboot (turn off then on) made it work normal again though.
Nick Petino 1:53 AM - 7 August, 2015
Well i've done a little troubleshooting myself….

I learned that Laptop/Hardwire has nothing to do with the issue.

Its 10000% software.
More specifically Serato DJ when being used with Yosemite 10.10

No problems when using Serato Dj 1.7.6 with 10.8 Mountain Lion Os
No problems when using Scratchlive with Yosemite 10.10 or Mountain Lion 10.8

Side note: i notice that the software in scratch live is SO much smoother than Serato DJ. The visuals of the waveforms etc.

Pretty Sure the only thing that needs to be fixed here is the software.
(i'm sure I'm stating the same as everyone else has been saying)

Now that we all know the problems and what causes it, LETS GET ON A SOLUTION.
Peace ya'll
Pansar 2:22 PM - 7 August, 2015
Well i have the same problem on my macbook pro late 2011( Mavericks-2,3 Ghz i5,4 gb Ram) , i have the pionner ddj sr and serato DJ 1.7.6 at first i thought it was a hardware problem from my macbook or the sr. I did a clean install on mavericks and this thing hapepend to me again yesterday after a 2 hour set.This thing is happening to me every day,and i can't do my job...I just downgrade to Serato Dj 1.7.0 i will test it tonight to see what will happen.
Col1990 5:42 PM - 7 August, 2015
I done what was said on here it lasted two weeks with no probs but last week I had the random speed up hopefully all goes well tonight
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:47 PM - 9 August, 2015
Hey Pansar

If you haven't already, can you please open a help request and send in your session log from when you experienced the issue. support.serato.com

Please include all the details of what happened and when so one of the team can add it to the bug report for the development team to investigate.

Thanks, Aaron
DJCheLu 7:43 PM - 11 August, 2015
Anyone tried 1.7.7 and still havign this issue?
MusicNMotion 10:21 PM - 11 August, 2015
One night in, didn't have an issue. Although I don't have this issue every night. Usually just on Friday and Saturday's in front of a packed house! I'll keep you guys updated after this weekend.
dj lashes 10:59 PM - 11 August, 2015
just downloaded it will hit the club tonight let you know in the morning how it goes!!!
BleedR 11:50 AM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:

Issue wasn't fixed, check the release notes, so it's still there!
dj lashes 2:48 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Bug fixes

Fixed various USB dropouts
BleedR 2:58 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bug fixes

The vague formulation means, that some minor causes were removed. Major issues And bugs like this are mentioned explicitly
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:02 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
Addressed some latency issues for DVS users

You're right these are vague and definitely not a catch all fix for every single report of USB dropouts or latency issues.

We're really confident though that we've resolved a large number of serious dropout / latency issues that have been reported, reproduced and identified though and that it's significant enough to add to the release notes.

I'd recommend if there are outstanding issues that you get in touch with support after trying out the latest version so we can look into what's wrong and continue to get these things ironed out.

Kind regards,

Sam.
JamieCastle 4:41 PM - 13 August, 2015
Had a first proper test with 177 last night.
No audio speed drop thing (will keep u posted), however, was getting a few split second drops and glitches ..usually when loading a track.
DJ M-Killa 12:05 PM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
Had a first proper test with 177 last night.
No audio speed drop thing (will keep u posted), however, was getting a few split second drops and glitches ..usually when loading a track.

anyone can confirm it?
Is it solved in 177?
JamieCastle 1:02 PM - 14 August, 2015
Nope, Defo not fixed. :(
DJ M-Killa 6:35 PM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Addressed some latency issues for DVS users

You're right these are vague and definitely not a catch all fix for every single report of USB dropouts or latency issues.

We're really confident though that we've resolved a large number of serious dropout / latency issues that have been reported, reproduced and identified though and that it's significant enough to add to the release notes.

I'd recommend if there are outstanding issues that you get in touch with support after trying out the latest version so we can look into what's wrong and continue to get these things ironed out.

Kind regards,

Sam.

This issue is getting on my nerves now.
I'm almost losing my job because of it.
I mean a huge crowd dancing and then the music drops out and speeding up. Embarassing.
I know that is hard to reproduce it.
But sorry, the people in this thread helped you a lot.
THE USERS noticed that the problem is OSX.
Obviously, it's your job now to have a look what Apple changed or implemented from Mountain Lion to Mavericks and Yosemite.
I'm a serato user since 8 years now, but I do this for living and want to stay in my resident clubs.
So, don't implement new hardware! Fix the software for existing users!
Harry Jarvis 1:21 PM - 15 August, 2015
Happened again in offline mode the other day on the new update 1.7.7
JamieCastle 2:26 AM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Happened again in offline mode the other day on the new update 1.7.7

So glad someone else has finally posted this!
DHphenomenal 4:43 AM - 16 August, 2015
I've recently started experiencing the same issue and it is quite frustrating!
Tomixxx 10:36 AM - 16 August, 2015
Same issue with 1.7.7. Had one sound drop out of about 1-3 seconds as described in this video:

There's strong evidence that this issue is related to OSX. I recently moved from Traktor to Serato and I expierenced same issues with Traktor, see my video:

www.dropbox.com

Dear Serato, please work with Apple to solve this annoying problem. It is really embarrassing to get sound drop outs during a live gig. And of course, some of us might loose their jobs if our systems does not work reliable.
DJ M-Killa 6:42 PM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Same issue with 1.7.7. Had one sound drop out of about 1-3 seconds as described in this video:

There's strong evidence that this issue is related to OSX. I recently moved from Traktor to Serato and I expierenced same issues with Traktor, see my video:

www.dropbox.com

Dear Serato, please work with Apple to solve this annoying problem. It is really embarrassing to get sound drop outs during a live gig. And of course, some of us might loose their jobs if our systems does not work reliable.

I mean these videos are the best advice for serato.
This is exactly what is happening to me all the time!
DHphenomenal 11:03 PM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:

www.dropbox.com

Hopefully someone from Serato can take a look at this, this is EXACTLY what is happening to me as well!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:57 AM - 17 August, 2015
Hey guys

I can assure you we are looking into this issue. The main impediment is the fact that it is impossible to reproduce at will, which in turn makes it very tricky to diagnose. Having said that we are giving it our all and at least hope to have a better idea of the cause before too long.

Annoying as anything for sure. Thanks for your patience and I'll update here as soon as I have more on it.

Cheers, Aaron
DJ M-Killa 7:04 AM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Hey guys

I can assure you we are looking into this issue. The main impediment is the fact that it is impossible to reproduce at will, which in turn makes it very tricky to diagnose. Having said that we are giving it our all and at least hope to have a better idea of the cause before too long.

Annoying as anything for sure. Thanks for your patience and I'll update here as soon as I have more on it.

Cheers, Aaron

I think I found something what can help you.
The whole thing has to do with AppNap

In Mountain Lion, in which users doesn't experience these issues, there is no option of appnap.
In Mavericks and Yosemite you have these options. I had these always disabled.
But there must be a link to that.
DJ dVO 1:51 PM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
In Mountain Lion, in which users doesn't experience these issues, there is no option of appnap.
In Mavericks and Yosemite you have these options. I had these always disabled.
But there must be a link to tha

Interesting.....!!!!
Paul Cee 3:10 PM - 17 August, 2015
Well Since changing from SX2 to the Sz ive had this happen 3 times now in 3 weeks, can pin it down to a particular track as its random, the tracks are all fine, changed usb leads. macbook optimized and just runs Serato. all firmware up to date and latest version of serato, using mavericks as i found it most stable for me
Paul Cee 3:10 PM - 17 August, 2015
*Cant Pin it Down!!!!
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:23 PM - 17 August, 2015
Ya most reports of this i hear are from Pioneer DDJ-SZ Users and they say it never happens when using there Rane SL Boxes, So not sure why some devices suffer from it more than others but to help Serato reproduce it maybe they should focus on the DDJ-SZ when trying to get this issue to happen.
DJ Dynamight 7:59 PM - 17 August, 2015
Hopefully Serato/Apple can find the cause of this issue and resolve it. I am having the problem with my DDJ-SX2.
Culprit 6:15 PM - 20 August, 2015
Who here has disabled app nap and is still having this issue?

www.cnet.com

Just want to get a show of hands so I can single out this being a possible solution.
dean0_89 7:09 PM - 20 August, 2015
hi there, thought i would put my input in. been using a vestax vci 380 with latest serato dj and Macbook with latest software.

ever since upgrading from mountain lion to yosemite, i have been getting this weird glitch that stops the music for about 2/3 seconds, judders. Then i can only describe it as if i have put both hands on each platter and span them forward. it also makes the same noise. after that its completely solid.

only happens every now and then, normally once a night.

this has only happened since upgrading to yosemite, i have tried all the updates of serato. from 1.7 to 1.7.7 and its happened on each one.

before it was solid.

after speaking back and forth with serato, in my opinion, i believe its a problem with yosemite and not serato.

hopefully it can be solved soon, as it makes me look stupid when it happens haha.
mind you it has happened once when i was meant to pull the music down for the crowd to sing lol.

cheers Dean0_89
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:07 PM - 20 August, 2015
I would hope none of the long time people on this thread still have AppNap on given that it's a key step in our optimization guide...

Still, it would be good to know this info so please do say if you've definitely followed all the steps in the optimization guide and still experience this issue.

Quote:

Culprit 10:38 PM - 20 August, 2015
I will start

Optimize Energy Saver, Done
Turn Off Wi-Fi (during performance), Done
Disable FileVault Protection, Need to Do This
Disable Automatic Updates, Not Yet
Disable App Nap, Done
Disable Sudden Motion Sensor (laptops only), Will Do This
Disable Spotlight Indexing, Will Do This
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:49 PM - 20 August, 2015
Thanks man :)

Let me know if you still have the issue once they're all done.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:39 AM - 21 August, 2015
Hey all

Could you also let us know if you have had an iPhone or iPad tethered or connected when running into this issue? Doesn't have to be running Serato Remote specifically.

Thanks, Aaron
DJ Dynamight 1:33 PM - 21 August, 2015
Hey Aaron,
In my case, no device attached or tethered to my MacBook when this issue occurs.
Culprit 5:27 PM - 21 August, 2015
Hopefully after the weekend, we can get a show of hands on this whole optimization vs mega latency testing. I fear the weekend will keep people busy but just a friendly reminder that we need as much feedback as possible in regards to this.

Quote:
I would hope none of the long time people on this thread still have AppNap on given that it's a key step in our optimization guide...

Still, it would be good to know this info so please do say if you've definitely followed all the steps in the optimization guide and still experience this issue.

Quote:

I really wanna make the switch over to Serato DJ, especially when I get my Pioneer S9, which is why I wanna nail this bad boy down.
JamieCastle 7:05 PM - 21 August, 2015
Its not app nap. I have always had mine disabled. [nb. If you want it disabled, it has to be done after every update, not just once]

It's not SMS. I had this disabled on my mid 2010. Now have a late '13 with SSD ..so no need for the SMS? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
DHphenomenal 2:19 AM - 22 August, 2015
My mac is completely optimized with the steps outlined by Seratos FAQ, and I have still been having this problem lately and consistently. I have a Pioneer DDJ-SX2
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:47 AM - 22 August, 2015
Okay, cheers guys. Good to know.

Yes correct @JamieCastle, no SMS with SSD drives.

Apologies for all the questions guys, but with intermittent issues like this that we can't reproduce at will, we have no option but to think our way through them.
DJ M-Killa 10:40 AM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
Its not app nap. I have always had mine disabled. [nb. If you want it disabled, it has to be done after every update, not just once]

It's not SMS. I had this disabled on my mid 2010. Now have a late '13 with SSD ..so no need for the SMS? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I had mine disabled, too. That has nothing to do with it.
But app nap doesn't show up in Mountain Lion. OSX doesn't have a function such as app nap.

By the way, I deleted all my files and made a fresh install with OSX 10.8.5 as BleedR suggested.
No drop outs at all. Everything worked like it should be.
THANKS to BleedR.

Currently, that is the only usefull workaround for this issue.
Install OSX 10.8.5 and everything is good.

@Serato I used the same library and Serato folders. I did not delete the _Serato_ files on the new install. I used the old ones from the Backup.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:53 PM - 23 August, 2015
Thanks DJ M-Killa, good info.
julian T 3:06 PM - 25 August, 2015
I have been having the same issue and I didn't know how to report it until now. I thought I might have been the only one experiencing this issue but apparently not. It happens randomly during sets and sometimes not at all. It's hard to predict when it's going to occur and when it does, everything else in the program appears normal.
DJ dVO 4:18 PM - 25 August, 2015
julian T, OS? which release?
julian T 6:40 PM - 25 August, 2015
The most recent 1.7.7 Serato release. I have a Mac Air with Yosemite 10.10.5 OS X Version.
JamieCastle 6:40 PM - 25 August, 2015
I just done a full week without it happening!
Happy days!!
Culprit 7:03 PM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
The most recent 1.7.7 Serato release. I have a Mac Air with Yosemite 10.10.5 OS X Version.

did you optimize your setup
djbigz 7:36 PM - 25 August, 2015
Add me to the list, running Mountain Lion with 1.7.7. Dropouts and track will just speed up on its on at random times, I switch to internal mode and it stops. Optimized and all, only happens with Serato DJ and my 62. Never with my DDJ-SX or Scratch Live
haze 9:51 PM - 25 August, 2015
Okay So I have the exact speed up then audio drop out as everyone else is talking about with my vci 380.... has anyone found a solution or is the only solution to go back to OS X 10.8.5
Quote:
Happy days!!

what did you change to go a week no drop outs?
haze 9:52 PM - 25 August, 2015
PS..... I've never had any issue with serato DJ and 62 or SSL and 62 or 57.... only with my VCI 380....
DJ Tecniq 12:15 AM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
PS..... I've never had any issue with serato DJ and 62 or SSL and 62 or 57.... only with my VCI 380....
do you have the latest firmware for the VCI 380?
DJ Tecniq 12:17 AM - 26 August, 2015
DJCheLu 6:08 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
do you have the latest firmware for the VCI 380?

I dont have any other problems with my 380, i dont want to update the firmware and something else pops up. Are you doing perfectly fine on that firmware?
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:09 PM - 26 August, 2015
there is no firmware update for the 380, it never had one in it's life.
julian T 6:19 PM - 26 August, 2015
I am running 1.7.7 with my DDJ-SZ on Mac Air Yosemite ver. 10.10.5
JamieCastle 7:50 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Happy days!!

Tbh, not sure. It's prob just luck.
I did disable the font smoothing recently, but don't think it's that.
DJ Tecniq 10:55 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
I dont have any other problems with my 380, i dont want to update the firmware and something else pops up. Are you doing perfectly fine on that firmware?
No I don't have the VCI 380 i just thought maybe it needed a firmware update to help you out but guess not.
JamieCastle 2:40 AM - 29 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Happy days!!

Tbh, not sure. It's prob just luck.
I did disable the font smoothing recently, but don't think it's that.

Defo not that. Twice tonight! :(
BleedR 5:19 AM - 30 August, 2015
Guys stop "hopping" to find a fix!
It's SDJ that is incompatible with Yosemite.
You can use OS X 10.8.5 (because SDJ is Not Really compatible with Mavericks too) to get around the issue.
Don't Expect a fix soon. I've reported it 11 months ago!!!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:22 AM - 30 August, 2015
The problem with that theory BleedR is we still have reports like djbigz:
Quote:
Add me to the list, running Mountain Lion with 1.7.7. Dropouts and track will just speed up on its own at random times

Serato DJ is supported with OS X 10.8, 10.9, and 10.10
Tomixxx 6:31 PM - 30 August, 2015
I had one drop out last night. SDJ log file has plenty of lines like:

I0830 03:50:26.958431 2976288768 CPortAudio.cpp:237] MegaLatency(Overload) detected

Personally, I share BleedR's opinion. Serato DJ support for Maverick and Yosemite is not good although SDJ is compatible with these operating systems in general. In my eyes Apple is responsible for this issue. Apple has been first choice for many audio professionals but I would not recommend to buy a Mac for this at the moment.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:00 PM - 30 August, 2015
Thanks Tomixxx

Can you please remind me what hardware you are using?
Tomixxx 8:22 PM - 30 August, 2015
I use a MacBook Pro (mid 2015, 15") with following comonents:

• 512 SSD, 8 GB RAM
• Vestax VCI 400
• Latency: 5ms
• WLAN, Bluetooth and Dropbox off
• Caffeine App activated tp prevent engery saving
• OSX Yosemite 10.10.4 (cleanly installed about 4 months ago)
• I use the "good" USB port which is not shared by iSight camera

@Aaron E: Are you aware of particular ticket in Apple's bug tracking system, so we all can put pressure on Apple?
Ernescm 2:30 AM - 31 August, 2015
I had one drop out yesterday, the SDJ log

I0829 21:46:48.273988 2957119488 CSongReviewManager.cpp:1579] CQNAE1000
I0829 21:56:48.250743 2957119488 CSongReviewManager.cpp:1579] CQNAE1000
I0830 01:11:19.654288 2973093888 CPortAudio.cpp:237] MegaLatency(Overload) detected
I0830 01:11:19.654320 2973093888 CNativeMixer.cpp:1126] Possible mega latency detected callback (native mixer).
I0830 01:11:19.684864 2973093888 CPortAudio.cpp:237] MegaLatency(Overload) detected
I0830 01:11:19.684897 2973093888 CNativeMixer.cpp:1126] Possible mega latency detected callback (native mixer).
The issue start 3 hours after starting to play.

I use Macbook pro mid 2012, IOS 10.9.5, I5, 16 gigas Ram, 256 SSD and pioneer DDJ SX2
Latency 5 ms
Tomixxx 9:26 AM - 31 August, 2015
I'm curious to see if SDJ 1.7.8 does the job better :-)
BleedR 1:22 PM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
The problem with that theory BleedR is we still have reports like djbigz:
Quote:
Add me to the list, running Mountain Lion with 1.7.7. Dropouts and track will just speed up on its own at random times

Serato DJ is supported with OS X 10.8, 10.9, and 10.10

Someone Else reporting it with 10.8.5?
For all I Know it works!
Aaron you sure are aware, that there can be several other causes, so it might be a Different bug/issue.
Paul Cee 6:34 PM - 31 August, 2015
i have App Napp disabled, It happened again last night, i did notice that i hand my fingers on the track selector knob Eft Side, on the ddj sz at the time when it happened, i was slowly clicking through the music crate, i took my hand off and it stopped, dont know if this was coincidence or part of the problem
Paul Cee 6:34 PM - 31 August, 2015
*Left Side
Culprit 6:40 PM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
i have App Napp disabled, It happened again last night, i did notice that i hand my fingers on the track selector knob Eft Side, on the ddj sz at the time when it happened, i was slowly clicking through the music crate, i took my hand off and it stopped, dont know if this was coincidence or part of the problem

do you have appnap disabled system wide or just for the application its self?
Culprit 6:50 PM - 31 August, 2015
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:09 PM - 31 August, 2015
Thanks Ernescm, that's good info. Do you ever use DVS with your DDJ-SX2? It would be interesting to know if you experience the issue when running DVS as well.

Quote:
Yes BleedR, we know this issue is existent in Mountain Lion as well, though the frequency seems to be lesser. Hard to be sure of its lower frequency though because we have such a small percentage of users running 10.8 now.
djupperkutz 8:57 PM - 31 August, 2015
i use 10.8.5

and this speeding up of tracks is happening to me.
what i noticed it only happening when i play music from my garage crate. which makes me think its mp3 related.

it never happens when i play music from any of my other crates.
Ernescm 9:54 PM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
Thanks Ernescm, that's good info. Do you ever use DVS with your DDJ-SX2? It would be interesting to know if you experience the issue when running DVS as well.

Quote:
Yes BleedR, we know this issue is existent in Mountain Lion as well, though the frequency seems to be lesser. Hard to be sure of its lower frequency though because we have such a small percentage of users running 10.8 now.

Never use DVS with my SX2, only use slip mode after the issue in the same plate(left).

and don't use external disc, and appnav disable.
Culprit 10:02 PM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Never use DVS with my SX2, only use slip mode after the issue in the same plate(left).

and don't use external disc, and appnav disable.

is appnap disabled systemwide? the whole system?
dj lashes 11:43 PM - 1 September, 2015
download and installed the latest SDJ lastnight great played a 1hr: 45min set ran NICE was even planning to wright a thank you mail BUTTTTT right on the radio LIVE ON AIR in 2hr had to restart 5 times the sound suddenly gets really bad till no sound just noise .. this is really crazy need to be fixed asap.... i did a recording and played it back but it fine no noise so seems to be something with SDJ talking to the hardware sound card maybe ..
Culprit 12:20 AM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
download and installed the latest SDJ lastnight great played a 1hr: 45min set ran NICE was even planning to wright a thank you mail BUTTTTT right on the radio LIVE ON AIR in 2hr had to restart 5 times the sound suddenly gets really bad till no sound just noise .. this is really crazy need to be fixed asap.... i did a recording and played it back but it fine no noise so seems to be something with SDJ talking to the hardware sound card maybe ..

Can you describe the setup you were using please? Also, when playing live, try to avoid going in the red on the meters.
dj lashes 2:59 PM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Can you describe the setup you were using please? Also, when playing live, try to avoid going in the red on the meters.

MBP with VCI-380

this happens with all my (5) pro controllers / 3 MBP and trust me i am far from the red.. this makes me LOL when i see this kinda reply as is the user or setup is wrong this is a problem with SDJ, OS or both... there are just to much people having the issue
Culprit 6:02 PM - 2 September, 2015
I never said you were wrong.. i was curious is all, sorry for trying to even help out.. good luck with your problem..
dj lashes 6:43 PM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
I never said you were wrong.. i was curious is all, sorry for trying to even help out.. good luck with your problem..

i never really meant you its just a shame that we the users are running around making changes when its not us ... and honestly i never meant to sound hard towards you if i did sorry not my intention..
BleedR 7:32 PM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:

Quote:

Even worse then Aaron!
So it's Serato's fault!
Best Solution for me so far is not using Serato software when possible!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:58 PM - 2 September, 2015
Not quite sure how you figure that BleedR when the issue is exposed in Traktor and other applications.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:59 PM - 2 September, 2015
@lashes - this sounds like a very different issue you are facing.

Have you opened a ticket with the support team?
djmatty 3:35 PM - 3 September, 2015
Ok i am suffering severe problems with Serato DJ and the SZ... I have had countless emails and now no longer get replies... Here is a video of the issue i get... This is not my video but exactly the same.

Watchwww.youtube.com (the glitch is at about 2 minute 40 seconds.

However the issues all occur on my 13 Inch MBP yet on my 15 Inch MBP i don't get a single issue. I don't know if this is the same as everyone else's but recently rather than happening once every 3 nights its happening every night twice now.
Culprit 5:37 PM - 3 September, 2015
If you have not done so, try this hack

disable appnap systemwide

Go to Terminal, input this string
defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSAppSleepDisabled -bool YES

Please test and report back, thank you.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:59 PM - 3 September, 2015
Hey djmatty

If your issue is the same as in this video, I'm afraid it is different to the one being discussed in this thread.

As you can see in the video, that user has been very comprehensive with his troubleshooting and has determined it is most likely the controller that is at fault - most likely due to a USB issue.

For you it sounds like it's your 13 inch laptop that may be the issue, perhaps related to the USB, or possibly the hard drive.

I see you've been working with Luke so will hit him up to continue troubleshooting with you to try and pinpoint the cause.

Aaron
Culprit 2:27 AM - 4 September, 2015
Just for the record, anyone using a windows based laptop that is having these issues?
DJ M-Killa 9:15 AM - 4 September, 2015
Quote:
Hey djmatty

If your issue is the same as in this video, I'm afraid it is different to the one being discussed in this thread.

As you can see in the video, that user has been very comprehensive with his troubleshooting and has determined it is most likely the controller that is at fault - most likely due to a USB issue.

For you it sounds like it's your 13 inch laptop that may be the issue, perhaps related to the USB, or possibly the hard drive.

I see you've been working with Luke so will hit him up to continue troubleshooting with you to try and pinpoint the cause.

Aaron

I made a clean install of mountain Lion with all possible optimizations.
And I haven't had one drop out as BleedR confirmed.
i played over 20 hours now. everything worked like it should be.
To be honest, I haven't checked serato video yet.
But audio files and video files without the video output are working perfectly.
will check the videos soon.

How many people are reporting this issue wit mountain Lion?
only 1 person?
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 12:26 PM - 4 September, 2015
Hi Serato i almost sure the problems of audio dropouts On video mix is the SSD on all MacBooks because when a get a external HDD NO SSD and mix video almost 6 hours and no problems next closed Serato and take off HDD then Open Serato and work only with My SSD install on My MacBook Pro the audio dropouts Start instantly . I never had problems with My old MacBook Pro mid 2012 Now i have MacBook Pro retina mid 2014 have Alot of issues mmmmm i am thinking go Back To VDJ 8 ..... Serato 1.7.8 still have audio dropouts
DJ M-Killa 2:44 PM - 5 September, 2015
this isn't the same issue

Quote:
Hi Serato i almost sure the problems of audio dropouts On video mix is the SSD on all MacBooks because when a get a external HDD NO SSD and mix video almost 6 hours and no problems next closed Serato and take off HDD then Open Serato and work only with My SSD install on My MacBook Pro the audio dropouts Start instantly . I never had problems with My old MacBook Pro mid 2012 Now i have MacBook Pro retina mid 2014 have Alot of issues mmmmm i am thinking go Back To VDJ 8 ..... Serato 1.7.8 still have audio dropouts
julian T 8:34 PM - 5 September, 2015
With the new 1.7.8 update the speed up drop out happened again!
Tomixxx 3:06 AM - 6 September, 2015
With 1.7.8 I got three drop outs during a 5 hour gig on Friday. One day later, I reseted PRAM and used DJM 900 NXS via ClubKit during my gig. No dropout occured. I did also a two hour test with my Vestax VCI 400 with success.

Not sure if it just was luck ...
DJ Tecniq 1:16 PM - 6 September, 2015
I believe it to be issues with Yosemite. More updates for OSX keep coming out and Serato can't keep up which then bloats the software even more👌🏻
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:46 PM - 6 September, 2015
Quote:
With 1.7.8 I got three drop outs during a 5 hour gig on Friday. One day later, I reseted PRAM and used DJM 900 NXS via ClubKit during my gig. No dropout occured. I did also a two hour test with my Vestax VCI 400 with success.

Most likely just luck I'm afraid, but re-setting PRAM is always a good step when facing performance issues. support.serato.com
Culprit 2:15 AM - 7 September, 2015
Quote:

good news either way though!
BleedR 4:16 PM - 7 September, 2015
Aaron when it's an Apple issue, how come you haven't managed in 3 years (soon 4 OSX) to get this whit Apple resolved? I'm Not sure, but some of Serato wrote you have contacted Apple.
I asked for a name And never got a reply. what is the Status? Since when are you working with Apple on the issue?
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:21 PM - 7 September, 2015
When Serato say they are with with Apple on this issue they really mean they are eating an Apple while working on this issue. 😜
BleedR 11:04 PM - 7 September, 2015
Quote:
When Serato say they are with with Apple on this issue they really mean they are eating an Apple while working on this issue. 😜

Unfortunately you might be right...
Tommy Deem 11:47 PM - 7 September, 2015
Running 1.7.8 with ns7 ii, and akai amx with dvs. Did some working with serato crew while ns7 ii dropouts started, now all fine, problem was solved after i turned pnt plugin off. After that 0 problems and running 1ms latency :)

Sure, did clean installation of SDJ and optimized my macbook.
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 2:59 AM - 8 September, 2015
Hi Tommy Deem excuseme did You try mix video On Serato DJ 1.7.8 because i did and alot of audio dropouts On My NS7 2 and MacBook Pro retina core i7 !!!!!!!!!!! Back to SDJ 1.7.4 until issues fix...... Please Serato fix dropouts and cueloops pads colors
Tommy Deem 3:58 AM - 8 September, 2015
Yes i do every moth 1 gig with video, 5h each gig and no problems :)
DJCheLu 5:26 PM - 8 September, 2015
This issue is so random i went 4 five hours gigs with no problems. Then last saturday i had the issue twice in the first 30 min of my gig. Luckily only a few people on the dance floor but still very embarassing. Then not one problem after that........
BleedR 6:01 PM - 8 September, 2015
Quote:
Yes i do every moth 1 gig with video, 5h each gig and no problems :)

Tommy Deem is a Serato agend ;)

Playing at weddings (dance of the couple), fashion shows or dancing competitions/shows it is the WORST that might happen. Everyone is pissed and you have generated a disappointed customer (and lost future bookings and references).
Unfortunately this weekend I will play at a fashion show, where no equipment is provided (i.e. CDJs), so I will use my controller. I'm praying that I will have still luck with 10.8.5!

Quote:
Aaron when it's an Apple issue, how come you haven't managed in 3 years (soon 4 OSX) to get this whit Apple resolved? I'm Not sure, but some of Serato wrote you have contacted Apple.
I asked for a name And never got a reply. what is the Status? Since when are you working with Apple on the issue?

Aaron can you please answer this?
DJ Tecniq 3:07 PM - 9 September, 2015
Here's the problem OSX keeps coming out with more updates and Serato can't keep up...They want everyone on Serato DJ the more updates the more bloated the software will get.
BleedR 12:45 AM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
Here's the problem OSX keeps coming out with more updates and Serato can't keep up...They want everyone on Serato DJ the more updates the more bloated the software will get.

That should be easy to solve by hiring more coders!
Actually SDJ is about 3, soon 4 operating systems back in time! This is ridiculous!!!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:28 AM - 10 September, 2015
Hey BleedR

Quote:
Aaron can you please answer this?

I'm happy to answer any question you might have.

My apologies though as I'm a little unclear on exactly what you're asking. Could you put it to me directly one more time and I'll do my best.

Thanks,
Aaron
Culprit 5:41 AM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Actually SDJ is about 3, soon 4 operating systems back in time! This is ridiculous!!!

Going to call you out here bleedr, do you have any management experience at any company by chance? an independently owned dj production company doesn't really count since its usually a 1 or 2 man operation...
BleedR 12:23 PM - 12 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Going to call you out here bleedr, do you have any management experience at any company by chance? an independently owned dj production company doesn't really count since its usually a 1 or 2 man operation...

Well actually I do, and because of such situations like Serato is now in, in the end some work was outsourced!
BleedR 12:23 PM - 12 September, 2015
@Aaron

Quote:
Since when are you working with Apple on the issue?
DJ M-Killa 2:12 PM - 12 September, 2015
Had an 8 hour video gig without any problems since I'm using 10.8.5

Nothing has changed. Not the computer, nor the hardware. Only the osx. So I think it is definitely the operating system.

@aaron you should change your osx support to 10.8.5 as the latest and don't support 10.9. And 10.10 anymore.
It's better for the image.
Culprit 6:12 PM - 12 September, 2015
Yes its something they added.. i blame appnap..
AndrewRyan977 10:13 PM - 12 September, 2015
Just going to toss this idea out there. I'm on a mac but all those specs mean nothing as I can see from what I've read. Pioneer ddj sx2 but I've had a stuttering issue or a drop out or the same as everyone here. I come from broadcasting so the first thing I do is look at where my USB cables are running and what are they near. Power adapters, power bars, cell phone signals and anything can send an interference into that cable and every time I had an issue, my USB cable was near something that I would consider able to cause interference. I now make sure my usb cables are pretty much routed away from that stuff and sometime a barrier between them and everything that falls in the "may cause interference "catagory is away from them I I haven't had an issue again. Idk if that was causing it but so far so good for me
julian T 12:34 AM - 13 September, 2015
Can the latest software version 1.7.8 run on OSX 10.8.5?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:32 PM - 13 September, 2015
Hey julian T - yes no problem. Serato DJ 1.7.8 supports OS X 10.8.x
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:45 PM - 13 September, 2015
Hey BleedR

After a huge amount of investigation by some of our best people, we submitted the bug to Apple in November 2014.

To be clear, the root cause of this issue can affect any class compliant audio device and has been reported by users of many different applications - most commonly people running Apple's own Logic production suite. OS X 10.8 is also affected, but frequency of reproduction appears to be lower than with 10.9 or 10.10.

We have implemented a fix which resolves the effect on DVS devices and are hoping to have a fix soon for controllers. The underlying cause will still be there until Apple chooses to fix it, but we are fairly confident we have found a way to get around it.

The amount of amazing work that has gone into this, with no help from Apple whatsoever, is outstanding in my opinion. We have taken this very seriously and worked very hard to rectify a situation largely out of our control.

Thanks to you all for your patience with this very frustrating issue - I hope to be sharing good news in the not too distant future.

Aaron
BleedR 12:15 AM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
After a huge amount of investigation by some of our best people, we submitted the bug to Apple in November 2014.

That's weird Aaron, as I can confirm that your support wasn't are of that issue in November 2014! Oktober or November 2014 I reported it, and it took a few months (at least 3) till you even recognized it as a bug.

Quote:
Thanks to you all for your patience with this very frustrating issue - I hope to be sharing good news in the not too distant future.

Let's hope, also for Serato's sake!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:25 AM - 14 September, 2015
Not so weird really.

You are correct that at that time, we were just becoming aware of the issue in this thread and hadn't yet identified the cause. We have since identified that it is caused by an underlying Apple issue which we had already been investigating for some time.

There are potentially many manifestations of behaviour that could occur due to the known Apple CoreAudio issue. To our knowledge we are the only company (among many that it affects) to have identified the root cause and built a working fix.

For Serato customers, irrespective of Apple's course of action, we are hoping to have soon eliminated the risks posed by the underlying Apple bug.
Pete Input 6:25 AM - 14 September, 2015
Heil to Serato!
:D
Tomixxx 12:47 PM - 14 September, 2015
Thanks Aaron for all the information. Please do not skip support for OSX 10.8.x until this issue has been completely fixed. I downgraded to OSX 10.8.5 and experience no issues anymore.
DJ G70 8:26 PM - 14 September, 2015
Same here, downgraded to OSX 10.8.5 with no more issues. I have noticed in OS X 10.8.5 when you analyze a MP3 file its much quicker than it is in yesomite it's as quick as my PC witch is a Sony vaio vgn aw21xy that is 6 years old!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Thanks Aaron for all the information. Please do not skip support for OSX 10.8.x until this issue has been completely fixed. I downgraded to OSX 10.8.5 and experience no issues anymore.
Culprit 10:13 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
Same here, downgraded to OSX 10.8.5 with no more issues. I have noticed in OS X 10.8.5 when you analyze a MP3 file its much quicker than it is in yesomite it's as quick as my PC witch is a Sony vaio vgn aw21xy that is 6 years old!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

I do all my work on a pc, and I have noticed that it's always been slow analyzing mp3/mp4 files on OSX. I never for the life of me could figure that out.

Anyways, the perks of being a pc/mac guy is taking advantage of each platform!

Also, a good tip when using bittorrent sync and working on serato

turn off your wifi or internet, work on your databasing, close serato dj or scratch live, turn on your wifi and let it update.
julian T 1:54 AM - 15 September, 2015
Hey Aaron is Serato 1.7.8 supported in Mountain Lion 10.7? I just reinstalled my Mac back to 10.7.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:10 AM - 15 September, 2015
I'm afraid not Julian T.

You should still be able to install SDJ 1.7.8 on OS X 10.7, but we no longer support it.

Cheers
julian T 3:55 AM - 15 September, 2015
I install it already and it seems to be working so far. I'll keep testing. Hey Aaron, are their any known glitches or other things I need to look out for using OSX Version 10,7.5?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:03 AM - 15 September, 2015
Yeah, that's the conundrum of using an unsupported OS. What it means is that we haven't done any testing on OS X 10.7.5 since Serato DJ 1.7.3.

So, I can't answer about known issues with SDJ 1.7.8 and OS X 10.7.5 because we haven't tested them together. You would need to roll back to SDJ 1.7.3 to be sure of the OS not causing any issues. If you do that though, you run the risk of bumping into known issues that we have fixed in SDJ 1.7.4, 1.7.5, 1.7.6, and 1.7.7.

Check this article for OS compatibility with Serato DJ: support.serato.com

In the end it's up to you what you feel most comfortable with - knowing that you won't run into this particular issue, or not knowing whether you might run into another issue. That's software for you...
BleedR 10:24 AM - 15 September, 2015
I can again only repeat myself!
DON'T downgrade at all your OS X!!! Using other Apple hardware, this will significantly reduce your experience with it and you will miss major features!
I've posted about a simple instruction on installing an older OS X on an USB 3 or SD card.
This works PERFECT & FAST.
Also DON'T use any OS X below the original lowest OS X it came with...

Just check my post above, create a stick and be happy!!!
julian T 10:52 AM - 15 September, 2015
Thanks Aaron and BleedR. I just simply reinstalled my systems original OSX which was Mountain Lion. I have a Mac Air and I did an Internet Recovery. I backed up everything in Time Machine first just in case.
dj lashes 5:55 PM - 16 September, 2015
Quote:

now thats mud in your face to everyone acting like there was/is no problem and has been for a long time
julian T 6:38 PM - 16 September, 2015
I tested OSX Version 10.7.5 with Seratos 1.7.8 for 5 hours straight yesterday and I experienced no signs of any glitches or drop outs. I will continue testing today as well.
BleedR 7:43 AM - 17 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

now thats mud in your face to everyone acting like there was/is no problem and has been for a long time

+1
dj lashes 2:20 PM - 17 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

lol i even had this one p*^&k call me out saying a troll.... what he does not know ive been here with serato family for around 5 to 8 years lost count somewhere .. ive made videos helping other uses helped many user in here to fix there problem and the golden nut i found a massive bug a few years back which was corrupting your audio files when using auto gain which at the time serato and everyone else was lost ...and now i have a problem am a troll lol
dj lashes 2:24 PM - 17 September, 2015
ohh and then to find out the problem has be known for almost a year ... so why could team serato not step up along time ago and say yes there is a problem
RPP Sound 4:11 PM - 17 September, 2015
So frustrating. I can't play in public with this thing glitching out like this. Bleedr could you give more detailed instructions on how to symlink after installing osx to the usb drive. I'm confused. I just need something stable, i wish serato would hurry up with a solution this has been going on too long.
DJ Tecniq 4:27 PM - 17 September, 2015
The sad reality this never occurs in Scratchlive..Odd isn't it?
RPP Sound 4:43 PM - 17 September, 2015
Does anyone think a USB3 port added via my macbooks expresscard expansion slot might make a difference?
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:00 PM - 17 September, 2015
Quote:

Not odd at all SSL does not use core audio.
DJ Tecniq 5:09 PM - 17 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Not odd at all SSL does not use core audio.
And that's a good thing SSL sounds better👍🏻
Culprit 5:37 PM - 17 September, 2015
its def a core audio issue going on since multiple softwares are having similar issues (traktor).
BleedR 9:16 AM - 18 September, 2015
Quote:
So frustrating. I can't play in public with this thing glitching out like this. Bleedr could you give more detailed instructions on how to symlink after installing osx to the usb drive. I'm confused. I just need something stable, i wish serato would hurry up with a solution this has been going on too long.

It's all explained pretty well in here:
gigaom.com

I did this for my Music & Downloads folder, as this are the locations where I might have music that I need in SDJ!
You can do it completely with your Home folder if you want!
Culprit 1:48 PM - 18 September, 2015
Great tip!
julian T 3:20 PM - 18 September, 2015
After extensive testing and playing at 2 gigs this week, I am convinced that the problem is with Apple software 10.8 - 10.10.
I am now using 10.7.5 with Serato 1.7.8 and it is working better than ever before!!! No glitches or drop out and flawless loading of tracks! I am going to keep this set up permanently!
RPP Sound 9:05 AM - 19 September, 2015
Thanks BleedR, I'm having some problems & hoping you can help. I'v now got OSX 10.8 running on the USB Key, and have used Symlink on my /Volumes/OSX/Users/myname/Music folder (where my _Serato_ folder is located) .. and on /Volumes/OSX/RPPLIB (where my music is located)

SeratoDJ and ScratchLive show all my crates and tracks when they load however all the files are missing. When I manually drag a track back in in Serato it shows the location as being: /Volumes/OSX/RPPLIB/SOCA/2015SOCA/POP/Lean On & Remixes .. whereas the missing version shows in Serato as being located at simply: RPPLIB/SOCA/2015SOCA/POP/Lean On & Remixes any idea what i'm doing wrong? It appears that my music symlink is working, but the one for my music folder RPPLIB isnt? I'm so confused. Any help you or anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Am I using wrong syntax or something?

So it seems we've identified coreaudio as the heart of this issue. Serato any progress with this? This is all so very frustrating.
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:09 PM - 19 September, 2015
So last night I finally had this issue happen again. For me it's been really rare. But the hand full of times it's happened now for sure it's annoying as hell so look foward to any improvements
BleedR 3:00 PM - 19 September, 2015
Quote:
Thanks BleedR, I'm having some problems & hoping you can help. I'v now got OSX 10.8 running on the USB Key, and have used Symlink on my /Volumes/OSX/Users/myname/Music folder (where my _Serato_ folder is located) .. and on /Volumes/OSX/RPPLIB (where my music is located)

SeratoDJ and ScratchLive show all my crates and tracks when they load however all the files are missing. When I manually drag a track back in in Serato it shows the location as being: /Volumes/OSX/RPPLIB/SOCA/2015SOCA/POP/Lean On & Remixes .. whereas the missing version shows in Serato as being located at simply: RPPLIB/SOCA/2015SOCA/POP/Lean On & Remixes any idea what i'm doing wrong? It appears that my music symlink is working, but the one for my music folder RPPLIB isnt? I'm so confused. Any help you or anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Am I using wrong syntax or something?

So it seems we've identified coreaudio as the heart of this issue. Serato any progress with this? This is all so very frustrating.

You should try to keep the address exactly the same, that is the important part, as it is saved like this in the library!
It looks correct to me, you should double check everything!
Good luck!
DJ G70 4:18 PM - 19 September, 2015
Quote:
So last night I finally had this issue happen again. For me it's been really rare. But the hand full of times it's happened now for sure it's annoying as hell so look foward to any improvements

Have you not tried downgrading to OS X 10.8.5?? It works as it should for a lot of users. Also another user is running OS X 10.7.5 with no problems in this thread.
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:27 PM - 19 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Have you not tried downgrading to OS X 10.8.5?? It works as it should for a lot of users. Also another user is running OS X 10.7.5 with no problems in this thread.

Nope as it is very rare and serato have a fix coming so not worth me going into that. But yes it is an option for sure.
julian T 11:24 PM - 20 September, 2015
I played again last night at a gig from 8pm - 2am with no issues at all. The most stable I've experienced. I am on 10.7.5 using Serato version 1.7.8 That makes it a week and a half with no issues in OSX 10.7.5
Daniel Ventura 7:38 AM - 21 September, 2015
thats great to hear! thx for the info, seems all till/including 10.8.5 seems to work fine.
Col1990 12:03 PM - 21 September, 2015
I haven't had any problems for over a month now
JamieCastle 1:38 PM - 21 September, 2015
Mine has started doing the drop in the same way but without the visual skip forward of the waveforms.
Happened 3 or 4 times sat night.

I'm on a late '13 that doesn't support Mountain Lion. So can't roll back. :(
dj lashes 2:11 PM - 21 September, 2015
well i got my work around which is kinda started a trend at the club i playing.. lol i some how got the crowd to shout out loud every time when it jumps / skips "WHAT THE F*%K WAS THAT" i respond "I DONT KNOW YOU F*%KING TELL ME" whole club jumping they are loving
JamieCastle 3:57 PM - 21 September, 2015
Quote:
well i got my work around which is kinda started a trend at the club i playing.. lol i some how got the crowd to shout out loud every time when it jumps / skips "WHAT THE F*%K WAS THAT" i respond "I DONT KNOW YOU F*%KING TELL ME" whole club jumping they are loving

Haha! Love it!
I always end up jumping back from the decks with my arms in the air, shouting 'NOT ME!!' 😆
DJCheLu 4:09 PM - 21 September, 2015
LOL thats genius!! Wouldnt work at some of the places i play though.....

Did a corporate gig on saturday for 8 hours. I let the music auto play for 30 minutes before i actually had to go live. Did it twice during the 30 minutes and then not again for 8 hours....... Good i guess hahaha.

Maybe i just let autoplay do its thing 30 minutes before doing primetime at the club? Maybe the laptop needs a warmup AHHAA
JamieCastle 4:14 PM - 21 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Haha! Love it!
I always end up jumping back from the decks with my arms in the air, shouting 'NOT ME!!' 😆

In fact, one of my clubs has a limiter on the wall the other side of the dancefloor that cuts the power to the amps when it gets 2 loud (I know f*cking annoying!!) Was getting tired of climbing out of the booth to hit the reset button so I stuck a sign next to it.. 'If the music stops, the first person to hit this button gets a beer off the DJ!'
Everyone loves it but now jump for the button when this skipping happens!!
Aaron... Who do I reimburse for the beers??
DJ G70 7:49 PM - 21 September, 2015
Quote:
I played again last night at a gig from 8pm - 2am with no issues at all. The most stable I've experienced. I am on 10.7.5 using Serato version 1.7.8 That makes it a week and a half with no issues in OSX 10.7.5

I played a set on Saturday night for 5 hours then on Sunday for 3 hour without any issues, runing OS X 10.8.5 using serato 1.7.8. this is my third week since I downgraded to OS X 10.8.5 with no issues. Just like it should be😀
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 8:23 PM - 21 September, 2015
No issue for me on serato 1.7.8 , Yosemite 10.10.5 , Numark NS7 2 and MIXEMERGENCY for VIDEO ....Friday 6 hours saturday 8 hours ....when firts install 1.7.8 i replace 1.7.4 and i had a lot off issues ......Now I make a clean install 1.7.8 and taraaaaaaa works for me now 2 weeks i DONT have any issues .......Thanksss
Dj Ricky Redz 6:18 AM - 22 September, 2015
Well guys, don't know if it was just pure luck or what, but i played for a little over 5hrs saturday without any issues, I'm on OS X 10.10.5 running sdj 1.7.8.

know what i just realized?? i haven't optimised my mac in anyway, not even turned off graphics switching... specs might have helped... maybe... luck, more likely!
Tommy Deem 6:29 AM - 22 September, 2015
Good to hear, I been playing 10.10.5 and 1.7.8 15h per week on the club and no issues :)
iggi-LF 10:54 AM - 23 September, 2015
bought a macbook pro yesterday because i had issues with windows notebooks for 5 years and now i have this dropout/speedup aswell...oh dear :D

10.10.5 and 1.7.8
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:59 AM - 23 September, 2015
Quote:
bought a macbook pro yesterday because i had issues with windows notebooks for 5 years and now i have this dropout/speedup aswell...oh dear :D

10.10.5 and 1.7.8

What hardware you using?
iggi-LF 12:29 PM - 23 September, 2015
pioneer sx2
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:02 PM - 23 September, 2015
Quote:
pioneer sx2

Do you own the DVS Expansion Pack at all?
iggi-LF 4:52 PM - 23 September, 2015
no but i don't need it?
Culprit 5:17 PM - 23 September, 2015
Quote:
no but i don't need it?

no you dont need it. Did you make sure to optimize your macbook pro?

I made a simple tool to auto optimize my macbook pro.

drive.google.com

It pretty much does everything Serato recommends except turning off the automatic graphics switching, turning off file vault protection, and modifying the spotlight.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:26 PM - 23 September, 2015
No you don't need to but if you did have that would have solved the issue. But id wait it out as Serato will have a fix soon for none dvs devices.

Optimising laptop makes no difference it is a coreaudio issue with Apple but the wizkidz at Serato put a workaround fix in for dvs and nome dvs should come soon. At least what I've been told from serato and reading all the info posted above by serato 😀
iggi-LF 5:39 PM - 23 September, 2015
just read a comment and realized that i had this speedup at the same reason: it happened after i used the slip mode

i didn't optimize anything yet, because it worked perfectly on my friends mbp and he didn't do anything aswell. but he is using 10.10.3
will try your optimizer thx 4 posting
Culprit 5:40 PM - 23 September, 2015
i forgot to mention the optimizer is osx/apple/mac specific, not for windows.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:42 PM - 23 September, 2015
Did you not read a word i said! Jesus!
iggi-LF 5:43 PM - 23 September, 2015
how to use it?
iggi-LF 5:44 PM - 23 September, 2015
yeh since i think its a general issue, i don't think i should optimize anything
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:46 PM - 23 September, 2015
Quote:
yeh since i think its a general issue, i don't think i should optimize anything

Oh no still good to optimize well worth it. Just doing that wont fix this issue that's all.

Id always recommend optimizing so Culprit is on point with that. Just it wont make any difference to this issue that's all.
iggi-LF 5:51 PM - 23 September, 2015
ok so how do i use it? its my first mac so i am a complete noob
Culprit 4:53 AM - 24 September, 2015
just download and run it, you will need to enter your password for admin access when it ask.
Dj Ricky Redz 5:14 PM - 24 September, 2015
Can that be used to revert changes mad as well?
Dj Ricky Redz 5:15 PM - 24 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
no but i don't need it?

no you dont need it. Did you make sure to optimize your macbook pro?

I made a simple tool to auto optimize my macbook pro.

drive.google.com

It pretty much does everything Serato recommends except turning off the automatic graphics switching, turning off file vault protection, and modifying the spotlight.

Can that be used to revert changes mad as well?
Culprit 5:25 PM - 24 September, 2015
yes, there are three options

0 - Do Nothing, 1 - System Defaults, 2 - Optimize
Nick Petino 5:26 AM - 1 October, 2015
Anyone Try the new OSX EL CAPITAN with 1.7.8......? Anyone experience any issues?
DJ dVO 1:35 PM - 1 October, 2015
Not a recommended upgrade. Currently it is not yet officially supported by Serato but I am sure the team is working hard to get support out the door soon.....
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:23 PM - 1 October, 2015
Hey Nick

Best not to go there yet.

We're working to announce support for OS X 10.11 as soon as we can, but there have been some reports of issues with audio software so we'll need to complete a full test sweep before giving the green light.

Cheers,
Aaron
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:25 PM - 1 October, 2015
Hey, can everyone still experiencing the original issue on this thread (dropout and skip forward) please put their hand up. I want to send you all a message.

Thanks,
Aaron
BleedR 9:04 PM - 1 October, 2015
Hand Up (with Yosemite, not with Mountain Lion)
dj lashes 9:44 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Hey, can everyone still experiencing the original issue on this thread (dropout and skip forward) please put their hand up. I want to send you all a message.

Thanks,
Aaron

yes hold 2 yesterday
dj lashes 9:46 PM - 1 October, 2015
yes had* 2 yesterday night
JamieCastle 6:00 PM - 2 October, 2015
Yup, still happening.
Ernescm 6:20 PM - 2 October, 2015
if someone has tested the beta vers 1.8 yet still happening?

apparently this version there is already a patch!!
julian T 6:54 PM - 2 October, 2015
Hand Up on Yosemite but not Mountain Lion.
JamieCastle 4:50 PM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:
if someone has tested the beta vers 1.8 yet still happening?

apparently this version there is already a patch!!

Not tested but seen the release notes. It looks hopeful!! :)
Aaron.. fancy chucking the beta our way?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:54 AM - 5 October, 2015
Sorry guys can't do that just yet, but hopefully not too far away. It will be great to get your feedback on our potential fix for this issue.

Aaron
Paul Cee 5:21 AM - 5 October, 2015
had one again tonight, once again left hand deck
XclusiveCity 6:47 AM - 5 October, 2015
Hands Up 🙌🏽
Col1990 3:44 PM - 5 October, 2015
Happend to me this weekend think it was just because ive never played that track before dunno tho
Nick Petino 12:30 AM - 9 October, 2015
+1 Still happening, ON YOSEMITE, not Mountain Lion
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:41 AM - 9 October, 2015
Hey guys

Here's a Serato DJ 1.8 beta for you to try. There is a fix in there for this issue (and tons of other cool stuff too) so it would be great to hear your feedback.

serato.com - click through, accept the agreement and make sure you get the latest build version.

IT IS A BETA so we don't recommend using it in performance situations and if you are going to share it with your friends, then please make it clear to them too.

Enjoy!
Aaron
XclusiveCity 4:00 AM - 9 October, 2015
Thanks Aaron! I'll test it out tonight ✊🏽
BleedR 4:45 PM - 9 October, 2015
Aaron is this the bug we are addressing?

14732 • Possible drop out and playhead jump forward during playback
Culprit 4:47 PM - 10 October, 2015
can we get hands of people having this issue with windows machines?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:32 PM - 11 October, 2015
Quote:
Aaron is this the bug we are addressing?

14732 • Possible drop out and playhead jump forward during playback

Yes, that's the one BleedR.

Anyone managed to have a good test yet? It would be great to hear reports either way.

Cheers, Aaron
Dj Ricky Redz 8:41 PM - 11 October, 2015
Did a some test at home and haven't experienced this since using the last beta so i tried it at a gig last night... 4hrs... FLAWLESS! well no drop out at least!
JamieCastle 9:26 PM - 11 October, 2015
Used it live Friday night. No dropouts, but froze 4hrs in.
BleedR 10:43 AM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
Used it live Friday night. No dropouts, but froze 4hrs in.

I have no time at home to test this for hours, will still use 10.8.5 and hope that the final will work with 10.10. I can't afford freezing or stuff ;)

Did someone else test it? A lot of people in this thread but only two replies concerning the beta?!
938MyDJ 2:08 PM - 13 October, 2015
Ran the beta for more than 3 hrs in 3 different Macbooks. No hicupps.

No disaster but I used live and it FROZE too... Even with Media videos running on autoplay while my alternate DJ was playing... It didn't let me load a song when it was my turn to mix. Force-quit then re-open solved the problem.

This was with SZ, Yosemite, and the Beta 1.8.0.6814

:(
Pete Input 5:53 PM - 13 October, 2015
I played 6 hours. No problems.
Vestax VCI-380, Mavericks and latest beta.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:10 PM - 13 October, 2015
Hey thanks for the feedback on this issue guys - seems to be going well on that particular front.

For any other issues you experience while running the beta (like freezing or hanging), can I ask you to report them in the beta area.

Our products and development teams are keeping a close eye on that area so will be able to quickly escalate any reports for investigation.

Cheers,
Aaron
DJ G70 9:23 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I have no time at home to test this for hours, will still use 10.8.5 and hope that the final will work with 10.10. I can't afford freezing or stuff

+1
DJCheLu 3:57 AM - 14 October, 2015
I had 3 of them on saturday night at the club and 2 at sundays wedding. I was sweating bullets it doesnt happen during a first dance song or something important....... I will use 1.8 Beta live! i think anything is better then this lol.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:04 AM - 14 October, 2015
Okay DJCheLu, I totally understand.

Just be aware you could possibly run into something else gnarly we don't know about yet.

Use the force!
dj lashes 5:05 AM - 15 October, 2015
Got out my backup Mac with mountain lion and sdj running great.. I also installed the beta on my main with Yosemite and will be testing it from tomorrow

👍
haze 1:30 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:

Thanks,
Aaron

Aaron,

still experiencing the issue just haven't read this in a while.... its so crazy and random will just glitch out... I'm running yosemite
haze 1:33 PM - 15 October, 2015
Aaron,

gonna test the beta to see if it fixes for me...
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:06 PM - 15 October, 2015
Thanks lashes and haze - look forward to hearing your (hopefully positive) reports :)
Pete Input 11:40 AM - 16 October, 2015
Another 6 hour set... No problems. :D
dj lashes 7:42 AM - 18 October, 2015
Quote:
Thanks lashes and haze - look forward to hearing your (hopefully positive) reports :)

last night i had 2 gigs so i used 2 mac one with the latest sdj and the other beta.. both ran great but under these cases.. SDJ 1.7.8 with mountain lion and Beta with Yosemite but did have one issue with beta right at the end of the show i loaded a track and notice the beat grid was out so i went in to edit mode and SDJ quit instantly lucky at the end of the show... all in all it ran good.. also the waves are not as clear as before..
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:15 PM - 18 October, 2015
Thanks Pete Input, that's great :)

You too lashes, mostly good news! Would you mind reporting that quit in the beta area? Please be sure to let them know if you saw a crash report dialog or not and any other relevant details.

Aaron
DJ Dynamight 12:29 AM - 19 October, 2015
5+ hour gig last night with Serato DJ 1.8.0.6814 and a DDJ-SX2--no issues! Thank you Serato, great job!
DJ dVO 12:34 AM - 19 October, 2015
Still have problem with VCI-380. 30 mins in, dropout and then followed by a speed up. Other noticeable problems, seemed like the hardware was disconnecting when no track was playing. Also, the VU meter wasn't indicating properly on the 380, though I don't think that is hardware related.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 12:57 AM - 19 October, 2015
Hi DJ dVO,

Quote:
Still have problem with VCI-380. 30 mins in, dropout and then followed by a speed up.

Was this using the 1.8 beta?

Cheers,
Michael.
DJ dVO 12:30 PM - 19 October, 2015
Yes.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:20 PM - 19 October, 2015
Hey DJ dVO

Could you please report this in the beta area and attach any session logs where you experienced the issue. That would be really helpful for us to try and determine exactly what might be happening for you.

Thanks, Aaron
DJ dVO 9:59 PM - 19 October, 2015
Aaron, I have in p beta. Jason S is aware...
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:49 PM - 19 October, 2015
Cool, thanks man. I'll leave it for Jason to talk through it with you so the conversation stays focussed.

Cheers
Sony311 8:18 PM - 20 October, 2015
Hope this explains the below memory message:

Jetsam is a system that monitors memory use in OSX and iOS. It keeps a list of processes on the device, to monitor for situations where a device is running out of free RAM and look for things to kill to free up RAM. It also watches for processes that are using too much RAM; breaching a "high water mark" level.

This error message is because the code is shared between OSX and iOS but the _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit key is only available on iOS.

You can read more about Jetsam at the following link.

newosxbook.com

And if you are really interested you can read some of the Jetsam code in the following two files.

www.opensource.apple.com www.opensource.apple.com

Long story short, I don't think this error message necessarily indicates a performance problem. The memory system on iOS is a lot more strict because iOS doesn't have things like swapfiles (aka virtual memory) that allow the system to exceed the physical amount of RAM. OSX has a lot more room to play in.

Anyone can verify that it has no impact on performance by using Activity Monitor and showing all processes in the CPU view. Look at the syslogd line and make sure the CPU time is reasonable compared to other tasks you wish to perform with your Mac.

Quote:
Did some care to check the console out?

I have in the time where it happened (5 minutes time frame, as I recall the track) the following unusual entry:
18.06.15 19:06:07,972 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent) The _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit key is not available on this platform.

Additional this error (note that wifi is off);
18.06.15 19:04:13,276 AddressBookSourceSync[5446]: [CardDAVPlugin-ERROR] -getPrincipalInfo:[_controller supportsRequestCompressionAtURL:xxx] Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1009 "The Internet connection appears to be offline." UserInfo=0x7f9c0d82dd70 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9c0b579db0 "The Internet connection appears to be offline.", NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=xxx, NSErrorFailingURLKey=xxx, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=12, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=8, NSLocalizedDescription=The Internet connection appears to be offline.}
18.06.15 19:04:13,517 AddressBookSourceSync[5446]: [CardDAVPlugin-ERROR] -getPrincipalInfo:[_controller supportsRequestCompressionAtURL:xxx.xxx] Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1009 "The Internet connection appears to be offline." UserInfo=0x7f9c0b57a550 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9c0b79fb80 "The Internet connection appears to be offline.", NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=xxx.xxx, NSErrorFailingURLKey=xxx.xxx, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=12, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=8, NSLocalizedDescription=The Internet connection appears to be offline.}
18.06.15 19:04:13,519 AddressBookSourceSync[5446]: [CardDAVPlugin-ERROR] -getPrincipalInfo:[_controller supportsRequestCompressionAtURL:xxx] Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1009 "The Internet connection appears to be offline." UserInfo=0x7f9c0b55fa00 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9c0b6a0ef0 "The Internet connection appears to be offline.", NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=xxx, NSErrorFailingURLKey=xxx, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=12, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=8, NSLocalizedDescription=The Internet connection appears to be offline.}
18.06.15 19:04:13,604 AddressBookSourceSync[5446]: [CardDAVPlugin-ERROR] -getPrincipalInfo:[_controller supportsRequestCompressionAtURL:xxx.xxx] Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1009 "The Internet connection appears to be offline." UserInfo=0x7f9c0d8287c0 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9c0b562c30 "The Internet connection appears to be offline.", NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=xxx.xxx, NSErrorFailingURLKey=xxx.xxx, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=12, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=8, NSLocalizedDescription=The Internet connection appears to be offline.}

All the time I've those entries:
18.06.15 19:04:15,293 com.apple.usbmuxd[78]: HandleUSBMuxDictionary client 0x10041b800-libusbmuxd/com.marcansoft.usbmuxd using library usbmuxd built for freedom, running usbmuxd-344.6
18.06.15 19:04:15,294 com.apple.usbmuxd[78]: LOCKDOWN_V2_BONJOUR_SERVICE_NAME is _apple-mobdev2._tcp,8eb807a3
JamieCastle 4:09 PM - 25 October, 2015
6hrs last night on the latest beta.
No problems. :)
JDforKing 12:18 AM - 26 October, 2015
Quote:

Were you having problems before?
JamieCastle 3:50 AM - 26 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Were you having problems before?

Yea, the previous beta froze 4hrs in.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:47 PM - 26 October, 2015
Great news JamieCastle, thanks for that.

Just to check - have you let the beta team know as well?

Cheers, Aaron
dj lashes 6:59 AM - 27 October, 2015
just done a 10pm till 4am with the beta not even a baby jump ...LOVING IT
JDforKing 9:46 AM - 27 October, 2015
Is everyone analyzing all their files before using the 1.8 beta? If I have to go back and use an earlier version do I have to re analyze in that version?
BleedR 10:17 AM - 27 October, 2015
Quote:
Is everyone analyzing all their files before using the 1.8 beta? If I have to go back and use an earlier version do I have to re analyze in that version?

No
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:37 AM - 28 October, 2015
Quote:
just done a 10pm till 4am with the beta not even a baby jump ...LOVING IT

Awesome news lashes, thanks!

Hey JDforKing - BleedR is correct, no need to re-analyse if you go back to earlier versions.
BleedR 7:38 PM - 29 October, 2015
Ok I tested today 1.80 for an hour. It performed very good, no USB issues or stuff.
The only thing I noticed was that there is a lag?!
I have my USB buffer at 2ms, so this shouldn't be the cause.
Can someone confirm it? I mean when scratching it reacts with a visible lag :/
JDforKing 8:17 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
Ok I tested today 1.80 for an hour. It performed very good, no USB issues or stuff.
The only thing I noticed was that there is a lag?!
I have my USB buffer at 2ms, so this shouldn't be the cause.
Can someone confirm it? I mean when scratching it reacts with a visible lag :/

Are you using a controller or a mixer with turntables or cdjs?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:57 PM - 29 October, 2015
Hey BleedR

Can you make us a video of this lag please. Is it just visual or is there unexpected audio latency too?

Cheers
BleedR 10:13 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:

Are you using a controller or a mixer with turntables or cdjs?

VCI 380

Quote:
Can you make us a video of this lag please. Is it just visual or is there unexpected audio latency too?

I will need to test more, it feels more like visual. I will record a video these days and post it
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:52 PM - 29 October, 2015
Thanks man, that'd be awesome.
BleedR 12:45 PM - 7 November, 2015
Still didn't manage to record it. I'm on it.
papagp 3:15 PM - 7 November, 2015
After upgrade to El Capitan and for over 15 gigs i haven't this issue any more.

My setup is:

Macbook pro 15'' end 2013

Vestax VCI-400 (in most gigs) and Akai AMX & AFX

SeratoDJ 1.7.8
dj lashes 3:23 PM - 7 November, 2015
is EL support yet..
papagp 3:31 PM - 7 November, 2015
Quote:
is EL support yet..

Not officially supported but it not mean that the software does not work like a champ in my case :)
Edwin Altamirano VDJ 12:28 AM - 9 November, 2015
Hi Serato yesterday have dropouts mixing 5 hours video and i saw that serato cpu meter its too high .....I Mix with
Macbook pro core i7 3.0ghz 16GB RAM 1Tera SSD
Numark NS7 3
Video Mix with Mixemergency
SERATO DJ 1.8

Thanks for answer

Att:
Edwin Altamirano
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:06 AM - 9 November, 2015
Hey Edwin, you should really get in touch with the support team for this - support.serato.com

To start you off with something that may help though, have you tried adjusting your buffer size in Setup > Audio? If dropouts don't occur at a higher buffer setting, it's likely your computer is being overly stressed.

Aaron
DJCheLu 5:58 PM - 9 November, 2015
I used 1.8 on Saturday for an outdoor event for 6 hours straight. Had one audio dropout but it was very fast, didn't have dead air like it did before. Was not a USB drop out, not sure what it could have been but im very pleased with 1.8 so far!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:23 PM - 9 November, 2015
That's great to hear DJCheLu :)

If you feel like it, you could send the session log in to the team in a help ticket so they can take a look to see if there's anything suspicious around the time of the dropout.

...Music/_Serato_/Logs > support.serato.com

Cheers, Aaron
djrborda 6:03 AM - 10 November, 2015
I used 1.8 on saturday for 8 hours and had a lot of dropes and lags, suddenly the song forward like 3 segs randomly. Also there was digital noise randonmly.

I changed to 1.7.8 instead and had the same problem, adjust the buffer size, no other program was opened,

Macbook retina 2.6 Ghz Intel Core i7
16Gb Ram
El Capitan
Rane SL3
2 Technics 1200
Pitch n Time plugin (On and Off)
Pioneer DDJ SP1 add on controler

One day before I used the same machine but with a Pioneer DDJ-SX and worked perfectly!

Please help!, I love to work with turntables!

Roberto
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:11 AM - 10 November, 2015
Hey djrborda

Could you please open up a help request so one of the team can look into this with you; support.serato.com. The issue this thread is about is fixed in Serato DJ 1.8

Thanks, Aaron
BleedR 11:02 AM - 13 November, 2015
Alright, yesterday I used the VCI 380 again.
There is definitely a lag compared to Vinyl or CDJs control.
Especially when scratching.

As I've other problems like with Serato Video, and need to test older versions, I will know if it used to be better before soon.
Btw on my 16 GB RAM 2.2 GHz i7 MacBook Pro with 750 GB SSD I have a lot of issues with 1.80. Like waveforms stuttering - which isn't the case with my MacBook Air since the beta of 1.80. As support needs roughly 1 week to answer, I will keep cool and wait for 1.8x before reporting more issues.

Anyway, issue seems fixed with Spinning & Dropout so far!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:08 PM - 15 November, 2015
Quote:
Anyway, issue seems fixed with Spinning & Dropout so far!

Thanks for the report man - yes, this should definitely be a thing of the past :)

For your other issues, yes the team is pretty slammed at the moment, but we are working hard to get through it all. From what you're describing it will definitely be best to keep working with the team in your tickets.

Cheers, Aaron
haze 7:44 PM - 23 November, 2015
Aaron E.

Sorry took so long to reply but I've used 1.8 with the vci 380 a couple times since last reply and haven't had any issues like before... I do notice a lag but no speed up and drop out... I've used it on a couple of 10hr tailgate sets and been completely satisfied with its performance...
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:27 PM - 23 November, 2015
Thanks haze that's good info.
AndrewRyan977 9:23 AM - 19 December, 2015
I have to post this. I don't understand this at all. I watched the video in this thread and also have had this happen to me exactly as the video shows. This is what I did to test this. I moved to VDJ8 pro $300 and have been using this for the past few weeks as I test. Running MacBook pro Yosemite and a pioneer ddj sx2 all the auto fake dj shit turned off tonight on VIRTUAL DJ 8 and the EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED. Same glitch, same thing on the screen. I'm a serato guy, I was just trying to isolate the issue. Sooo... it HAS to be a MacBook thing or the USB cable grabbing interference or something. 2 separate software shoukd not demonstrate the same issue like that. . I wish I could have easily caught it on video. VDJ8 latest version and STILL the exact same skip audio drop out and it even reacts the same on the screen. I'm Floored I have no IDEA what to make of it.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:02 PM - 19 December, 2015
Quote:
I have to post this. I don't understand this at all. I watched the video in this thread and also have had this happen to me exactly as the video shows. This is what I did to test this. I moved to VDJ8 pro $300 and have been using this for the past few weeks as I test. Running MacBook pro Yosemite and a pioneer ddj sx2 all the auto fake dj shit turned off tonight on VIRTUAL DJ 8 and the EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED. Same glitch, same thing on the screen. I'm a serato guy, I was just trying to isolate the issue. Sooo... it HAS to be a MacBook thing or the USB cable grabbing interference or something. 2 separate software shoukd not demonstrate the same issue like that. . I wish I could have easily caught it on video. VDJ8 latest version and STILL the exact same skip audio drop out and it even reacts the same on the screen. I'm Floored I have no IDEA what to make of it.

Use SDJ 1.8.1 as it is fixed in Sdj now.
JamieCastle 3:53 PM - 19 December, 2015
Yea, haven't had it happen at all since 1.8!

Well done lads! It took almost 2 years to fix, but you got there in the end! :)
djbigz 6:41 PM - 19 December, 2015
Quote:
Yea, haven't had it happen at all since 1.8!

Well done lads! It took almost 2 years to fix, but you got there in the end! :)

Fixed for me as well, thanks!
DJCheLu 7:08 PM - 19 December, 2015
Im affraid to update serato or my OSX since everything is working great......
AndrewRyan977 8:50 PM - 20 December, 2015
But how can the same glitch happen amount both software? That's very weird and I have 1.8...
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:35 PM - 20 December, 2015
Quote:
But how can the same glitch happen amount both software? That's very weird and I have 1.8...

Happens in all software as it's an OSX issue, But Serato worked in some magic in 1.8 to solve the issue.

Are you saying you are still having this issue with 1.8?
AndrewRyan977 5:05 AM - 21 December, 2015
NO! I haven't tested 1.8 yet, but its just weird it happens in two software but as you said, its an OS X thing
BleedR 10:31 PM - 28 December, 2015
Did someone upgrade to El Capitan? Is the issue still there (with older versions 1.7x)?

For me it's also fixed with Yosemite and 1.8x.

I'm wondering if there are driver issues with VCI 380 and El Capitan?
I don't want to upgrade as SL4 will not work as of now :(
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:06 PM - 4 January, 2016
Hey BleedR

Yes, unfortunately Apple have not resolved the underlying issue in El Capitan, so the issue will still be present with SDJ versions pre - 1.8.

As the VCI-380 is class compliant, it should work fine with El Capitan from a driver perspective. We haven't found any specific issues with it.

Aaron
papagp 12:03 PM - 5 January, 2016
Quote:
Hey BleedR

Yes, unfortunately Apple have not resolved the underlying issue in El Capitan, so the issue will still be present with SDJ versions pre - 1.8.

As the VCI-380 is class compliant, it should work fine with El Capitan from a driver perspective. We haven't found any specific issues with it.

Aaron

Hi,
Over two months with El Capitan and Serato 1.7.8 and i haven't any issues with my VCI-400.
Before with Mavericks and Yosemite i had many issues, at least one per session.
For me, Apple has resolved it with El Capitan...
JamieCastle 5:03 PM - 21 May, 2017
This issue seems to have returned.. :(
Happened to me a couple of times over the weekend.

Am using Yosemite on a late '13 MBP Retina with SDJ 1.9.6.
JamieCastle 3:32 PM - 22 May, 2017
Cheers Kane, have sent it over.

Have also finally made the jump to Sierra to see if it fixes the issue.
Will keep u updated.