Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

NO AUTO-PLAY in SERATO DJ!!!! WHY??

WhattaMac 1:45 AM - 14 November, 2012
First off, I really like everything about Serato DJ (especially making it visually similar to Scratch Live!!). But the following has to be added immediately!!

Auto-Play - this is essential for playing songs during dinner/cocktail hours at weddings.. It has been available since the beginning in SSL and Itch... PLEASE BRING TO SERATO DJ!! NOW!!!

Day Mode - they made the screen grey and this is NO WHERE NEAR as good as Itch Day Mode. - IMO...

Previously played tracks used to turn "green" in SSL & Itch, PUT THIS BACK in Serato DJ!!

Despite these "medium" flaws I am very pleased with Sersto DJ and consider it to be a VAST improvement over Itch!!!

Please +1 this thread so we can get these issues resolved!!
Holden Caulfield 10:34 PM - 14 November, 2012
+1000

I have my fun as a Glamour DJ, but I support my family with the weddings, corporates, and conventions.

Auto play is a must.
And please make it have one simple feature: Remove silence at the beginning and end of tracks. I don't care how dope you are, when you're doing a $25K production for Nascar, or Phillip Morris, background music during dinner is all they want. Wikki Wikki has no place there.
Chris Beckler 1:25 AM - 15 November, 2012
LETS YELL AS TOPIC AND NOT READ OTHER TOPICS!!!!

Anyway, this has been discussed a zillion times, no need for another topic on same subject!
This will be added on a next release, in the meantime, use winamp :)
VJ Justin Allen 1:27 AM - 15 November, 2012
If you're doing a $25,000 production shouldn't you really have someone on the decks at all times?
Chris Beckler 1:33 AM - 15 November, 2012
WhattaMac, PLEASE READ THIS!!! NOW!!!!: serato.com
And next time, read Feature request section... everything you are YELLING about, is already suggested! OK??!!
the_black_one 8:03 AM - 15 November, 2012
Quote:
+1000

I have my fun as a Glamour DJ, but I support my family with the weddings, corporates, and conventions.

Auto play is a must.
And please make it have one simple feature: Remove silence at the beginning and end of tracks. I don't care how dope you are, when you're doing a $25K production for Nascar, or Phillip Morris, background music during dinner is all they want. Wikki Wikki has no place there.

LOL @ glamour
WhattaMac 12:22 PM - 15 November, 2012
Quote:
WhattaMac, PLEASE READ THIS!!! NOW!!!!: serato.com
And next time, read Feature request section... everything you are YELLING about, is already suggested! OK??!!

I can yell anytime I want, so please GO FUCK YOURSELF!!

Play "politically correct forum cop" somewhere else, or even better get a life!
VJ Justin Allen 10:10 PM - 15 November, 2012
IBTL
Rhodesy 10:32 AM - 16 November, 2012
Real djs don't use auto play!!! Get virtual dj and stop moaning
BadBoyChubs 11:50 AM - 16 November, 2012
Quote:
Real djs don't use auto play!!! Get virtual dj and stop moaning

To be honest! REeal Djs use Auto Play too!
I bet i can Show u a dj on Virtual Dj who will make u look a rookie!

Here is simple examples when djs use Auto play.
1. When i dj with my crew in an venue where we set up our own peakers and we doin sound check we like serato on auto play while we tweak the amps and eqs. on the dry racks.

2. When u set up in a local bar and u waiting on people to come,

Some of u all acting like the dj is goin to use auto play the whole gig in a club environment. Some use it and some dont. jus like key lock. i see djs that dont use key lock.
VJ Justin Allen 12:16 PM - 16 November, 2012
I see DJ's who wear tennis shoes as well...what does that, or key lock, have to do with auto play?
BadBoyChubs 12:44 PM - 16 November, 2012
I was referring to features, not because u dont use it means that serato should not put it in.

Auto play in the software is not goin to hamper ur use of the software.!
Rhodesy 2:26 PM - 16 November, 2012
Quote:
To be honest! REeal Djs use Auto Play too!

I bet i can Show u a dj on Virtual Dj who will make u look a rookie!

If hes using Virtual Dj that in its self says it all

Quote:
1. When i dj with my crew in an venue where we set up our own peakers and we doin sound check we like serato on auto play while we tweak the amps and eqs. on the dry racks.

run a jack to phono from headphone socket out of mac to line in on the ddj sx and use serato dj in offline mode!!! Problem solved...

Quote:
2. When u set up in a local bar and u waiting on people to come,

Thats called a warm up set as a dj you should take this time to warm yourself up! and as your high on the moaning list for auto play it seems you may need this time to practise
BadBoyChubs 5:33 PM - 16 November, 2012
Ignorance is the closest thing to stupidity.

I find it is simple request, aint no one moaning. serato will put it Back in a couple upgrades so no worries,..

I dont knock tractor or VDJ djs because it is skills behind the equipment!
Dj D-Flat aka C-Sharp 11:40 PM - 18 November, 2012
AUTO PLAY IS REALLY HANDY.

I'm a turntablist of 14 years. I'm a full time & successful club dj who doesn't use AUTO PLAY during my club sets, BUT some circumstances at private events, corporate events, etc there is the warm up time like others have said where my skills are not important. If it's a wedding, perhaps Sinatra or something is what the client wants, so it can come in handy, back to back.. remember, some of these gigs can be long, especially after setting up.

ALSO... At home when loading a ton of new tunes in my macbook, for familiarity of the beats, etc... it's REALLY handy to just let them play in the background while doing something else.

Of course there's itunes, etc, but to centralise it all is bliss.
Dj D-Flat aka C-Sharp 12:17 AM - 19 November, 2012
SO... Since my last post I just realised that it auto play's in offline mode. Sweet. One prob out solved. May have been mentioned already above, I haven't looked through everyone's comments.
pdidy 7:40 AM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:

whats a Glamour DJ ?
Chris Beckler 7:43 AM - 20 November, 2012
Someone with alot of make-up and does alot of posing during a track.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:16 PM - 20 November, 2012
This is my favourite workaround. Yeah, it's not perfect, but it's quick and effective. Auto play will be coming guys, just can't say when exactly right now...

Quote:

run a jack to phono from headphone socket out of mac to line in on the ddj sx and use serato dj in offline mode!!! Problem solved...

dj-freestyle 11:56 PM - 20 November, 2012
I dont think ive ever been so eager for a update, lol lol. Maybe itch with video. i hope its coming soon. @aaron :)
Felonyruckus 3:44 AM - 21 November, 2012
Serato DJ, a really complicated iTunes? hahaha...it will be on the next update
Funkytownstopsix 7:47 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
This is my favourite workaround. Yeah, it's not perfect, but it's quick and effective. Auto play will be coming guys, just can't say when exactly right now...

Quote:

How about those of us who use video instead of audio...
the_black_one 9:13 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

#BOOOOOOOOM
Rhodesy 9:21 PM - 21 November, 2012
Why would you need video to test sound!!!
DJ Guido 10:13 PM - 21 November, 2012
autoplay for backgroundmusic ? yes please
but with automixing, nobody likes stop and go musik!!!

i use my iphone for background-music, autoplay with automix
"app djay"
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:20 PM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:

Same workaround applies for videos. Best way to manage it is to create an 'Auto Play' crate (or 10...) and drop it into the Prepare window in offline mode.

Load the first file and then Serato DJ will simply play through the list. The DDJ-SX takes care of the audio as described earlier, whatever you are using for your video output will manage the video.
Holden Caulfield 10:04 AM - 27 November, 2012
Quote:
If you're doing a $25,000 production shouldn't you really have someone on the decks at all times?

Absolutely if the music is in the fore ground, but if you're doing lighting, and AV and all that as well, why sit and spin background music manually? that's just tedium. I'm not talking about a rave or something, I'm talking about a corporate event where no one really gives a crap about the music.

For example, I did a giant production for a pharmaceutical company down at the Westin in Miami (actually Hollywood Fla). I wasn't even DJing really.. Just 5 hours of electro jazz and such during the dinner and awards banquet. When I had to step away for any reason, I had to fade the song out, then unplug and go to another channel on the mixing console.. no major deal, as the music was not the focus.

I was running a 32 Ch digital board with 12 Lav and handheld mic channels, 500 feet of pipe and drape, a lighting console, Video switching (cameras and power points, not music video) and about 80 or 90 lighting fixtures. whether or not I was "at the decks" had little effect on the event's overall success. I had a million other things to worry about.

What about the wedding guys... who wants to un-plug when you have to take a piss, or go talk to the bridal party for a few minutes?

Or how about early in the night at a bar.. if the booth is set up with serato, and the owner wants to toss some videos on, or whatever earlier on in the night before the crowd really fills in, and the DJ shows up, it would be nice to hit a crate, and let it roll. i know you can do it if you unplug, but why not a clickable option?

It's not a major feature, it would just be nice to be able to hit offline mode without having to unplug your stuff.

I use Serato because of the superior sound quality. The headphone out on the macbook does not sound as nice as the Serato sound card.
Holden Caulfield 10:34 AM - 27 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

whats a Glamour DJ ?

When I say glamour DJ, I mean a Dj who doesn't make shit but DJs fun events.

I have supported my family for 20 years as a full time DJ and event producer. Those events are not always glamorous, In fact, may suck! But I can work one event every couple weeks, and pay all the bills, save for retirement, and worry about my investment properties.
I think someone who ties up every Saturday night of their life for $150 to pull a 6 hour club shift is a sucker. More power to ya', but that ain't for me.
I didn't used to feel that way when I was younger and pulling tail every night, and sleeping off a hangover every morning, but eventually it's nice to start working events that actually pay. I have a warehouse full of gear that doesn't pay for itself.

I love to DJ. that shit's in my blood. Always has been. I have respect for anyone out there doin' it. If you can do what you love for a living, it's gravy! I don't care how dope you are, I don't feel anyone has any business talking down on other DJs.

To reference the "Real DJ" comment. Some say that if you're not full time, you're not a real DJ, some say if you use a controller, you're not a real DJ, some say that if you don't run around making everyone call you by some infantile DJ Name, you're not a real DJ. If you use Auto play, you're not a real DJ, or if you use a certain software, you're not a real dj.

Some of that I agree with, some I think is elitist crap. I can say however that anyone who spends hours a day trolling a forum simply to put people down is not a "Real DJ".
Felonyruckus 1:32 PM - 27 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Absolutely if the music is in the fore ground, but if you're doing lighting, and AV and all that as well, why sit and spin background music manually? that's just tedium. I'm not talking about a rave or something, I'm talking about a corporate event where no one really gives a crap about the music.

...no major deal, as the music was not the focus.

I use Serato because of the superior sound quality. The headphone out on the macbook does not sound as nice as the Serato sound card.

if the music is not the focus...does it matter what the MacBook out sounds like compared to the soundcard?
DJ Afrit 3:13 PM - 5 December, 2012
+1 4 AUTO-PLAY in SERATO DJ
djtools 11:42 PM - 18 December, 2012
Pioneer DDJ-SX with serato dj is amazing but AUTO-PLAY is must!!!!
DeeJay Staas 11:54 PM - 20 December, 2012
+1

Please add this func.
Dj Mavstar 12:30 AM - 6 January, 2013
+1 please add the auto play feature
MusicDan 6:35 AM - 6 January, 2013
Quote:
autoplay for backgroundmusic ? yes please
but with automixing, nobody likes stop and go musik!!!

i use my iphone for background-music, autoplay with automix
"app djay"

Are you seriously asking for automix?
DJ Guido 6:44 PM - 6 January, 2013
seriously...... YES !
DJ_X_Trodinaire 6:52 PM - 6 January, 2013
<faints>
MusicDan 9:40 PM - 6 January, 2013
DJ Guido 11:03 PM - 6 January, 2013
At weddings and parties, I sometimes have a 4-8 hour job.
At company events while eating ... music in the background.
I do not need automix for my game room.
MusicDan 3:04 AM - 7 January, 2013
A little testy aren't we. I am a Wedding DJ. I don't need automix!!! I don't even like autoplay, never used it when I ran itch.
DJ Guido 10:28 PM - 7 January, 2013
In my country, the DJ is often invited to dinner (birthday parties, weddings, corporate events) .... During this time I connect my Iphone with a DJ program.....I hate to stop and go as it offers Serato DJ or Itch.
DPDJs 3:41 AM - 8 January, 2013
You don't need to justify the need for continuous play. A DJ that doesn't see the value of it leads a narrow and sheltered business. I love it when someone tells me what I don't need. I won't move from Itch until it's put in. I'm busy enough, I don't feel like playing with workarounds.
MusicDan 4:37 AM - 8 January, 2013
Autoplay and automix are two different things. Just cause I don't need autoplay doesn't mean it's not a good idea. Automix is not something that belongs in Serato!!! If that is being narrow, then narrow I am...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:26 AM - 14 January, 2013
Autoplay is coming! :)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:30 AM - 14 January, 2013
If auto play is coming, then I demand my karaoke plug in that some of us has been asking for years

Just sayin! Its only fair :p
dj-freestyle 4:01 PM - 14 January, 2013
@logan, thanks.
Sukhoi 11:32 PM - 15 January, 2013
Logan D: thnx, we are waiting for it! Really need this function.
Second what i need is a flac support!
deejdave 12:52 AM - 16 January, 2013
If Serato EVER implements AutoMIX then all is lost. If this is a feature you need (which is fine I am not judging) then I would dare to say Serato was never the software solution for you in the first place. The Sync feature was already a large enough pill for me to swallow but removing the need for anybody behind the wheel at all just seems like too much for me. I don't believe this to be narrow either. The autoMIX feature is not for me either. As long as I am being paid then I INSIST that I am behind the decks at all times. This does not lead me to a sheltered business either its leads me to a successful business as my dedication and effort is one of the things that my customers are quick to compliment. Will I eat at a gig......... Yeah sometimes but I keep the mix going picking song by song. TBH I didn't even know the feature wasn't there until I saw the topic on the forum. This is my business ethics and I would never expect this to be the same for all. As a matter of fact I consider it a blessing that others do not do things the same as I do as it keeps me busy.

That being said I would welcome AutoPLAY as a feature because when I have people over my place for parties and such its playtime and I like to mix, mingle, mix, party, mix, etc. and why not it doesn't hurt anyone. AutoMIX however that's a whole different ballgame and the further Serato DJ is from an app that anyone can get and use everyday, blindfolded, while still in bed.............. the better. Isn't the skill, creativity, & personalization the whole point to begin with?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:59 AM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
Second what i need is a flac support!

I believe FLAC is supported, however there are a couple bugs we need to tidy up. You should be able to import FLAC files from the Serato DJ Files panel (not from Finder/Window), and you should be able to play them. Does that not work for you?
dj-freestyle 4:00 PM - 16 January, 2013
@deejdave, when most guys say automix they mean cont play so you have to be careful. Some guys call cont play automix.
Sukhoi 12:43 AM - 17 January, 2013
toLogan D: Thank you sooo much! It really works on Serato DJ! Unbelievable! I work so many works, and simply dont know about this function! Wasting a lot of time to convert my Flac library to shitty mp3. :) Should to tell about that on russian descussion part of forum. Thnx one more time!
P.S. Is this function writed in the manual?
Sukhoi 12:45 AM - 17 January, 2013
b.t.w
I do not need "AutoMIX", I Need "AutoPlay" (Continious play), like "a.cue" on CDJ Series.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:45 AM - 17 January, 2013
Hey Sukhoi,

Yes feel free to spread that information to anyone you feel could use it. As I said before FLAC is supported in Serato DJ there are just a couple bugs with importing that we'll need to fix.

Not sure it's in the manual actually, I'll check up on it - thanks :)
deejdave 2:28 AM - 17 January, 2013
dj-freestyle I was referring to what DJ Guido said as in "app djay" which does in fact have automix and he is in fact asking for it to be integrated into Serato DJ. Thanks anyway though.
dj-freestyle 4:00 PM - 17 January, 2013
@deejdave, didnt see his post just saw ebeybody else who keep asking for automix and come to find out they mean cont play. all good
Henry GQ 8:56 PM - 17 January, 2013
man o man when is auto play coming? this is nuts.. i havent used the controller but once and i had for months now.

:(
VJ Justin Allen 1:24 PM - 18 January, 2013
You need auto play to do a gig?
Funkytownstopsix 4:37 PM - 18 January, 2013
If you do weddings it is a needed fuction. Auto play can do almost half of the wedding. Which gives you even more time to fine tune a few things here and there. All of that aside think of it like this they have had this feature for years and now take it away. It would be like me giving $1000 dollars and then come years later and take it from you.. You wouldn't like that I am sure!!!!
dj-freestyle 4:53 PM - 18 January, 2013
Oh god this guy is gonna get killed. hear it comes.
Funkytownstopsix 6:09 PM - 18 January, 2013
LOL,,,, me nawww not going to happen.
deejdave 12:54 AM - 19 January, 2013
I just can't.............
pdidy 3:40 AM - 19 January, 2013
Quote:
It would be like me giving $1000 dollars and then come years later and take it from you.. You wouldn't like that I am sure!!!!

Probably not a good analogy for this issue....lol

Its more like buying a new car and the cruise control which is a standard feature does not work. The dealer says they will fix it for free but it will take some time.
Sukhoi 12:47 PM - 19 January, 2013
a ha... and I have 2 times more work, until they finish it...
One more private Party left. "No Auto Play" is my biggest problem on the work. Foobar cannot play thru the ddj-sx (i dont know why), only windows media player work, but i dont like it (not useful). I find some way: I`m loadin full CD Rip (flac) in to the deck and it plays non stop, becouse the file has 60min lenght. :)
Funkytownstopsix 2:55 PM - 19 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
It would be like me giving $1000 dollars and then come years later and take it from you.. You wouldn't like that I am sure!!!!

Probably not a good analogy for this issue....lol

Its more like buying a new car and the cruise control which is a standard feature does not work. The dealer says they will fix it for free but it will take some time.

No matter how you state it,,,,, it should have not happened.....
Henry GQ 10:52 PM - 19 January, 2013
Quote:
You need auto play to do a gig?

zzzz

why u even bother to say anything is beyond me.. wish we could block people
deejdave 7:12 AM - 20 January, 2013
Disagree. Completely. He has every right to speak his mind and try to think of both sides. Auto-play seems to be useful in the more ceremonial type gigs but try not to forget that there are many types of DJ's and the more high energy club type DJ's would NEVER have a use for this as its a much more demanding and evolving type environment. If your not behind the decks anticipating every movement of your crowd watching feedback and adjusting your set/mix accordingly ate EVERY second of your set............. you're not doing your job. Just remember this is coming from a person who agrees it should 100% be added but I'm also a reasonable person who tries to approach everything from every perspective I can think of.
romch 12:38 AM - 21 January, 2013
Guys that can't do a gig without autoplay.... Bwhahahahahahaha!!!! What a joke. I'm a wedding DJ as well and there are plenty of solutions for your dinner mix/cocktail hour/etc. Just because there is no option on Serato DJ doesn't mean you can't do it. I find it hilarious that there are so many people crying about this when serato clearly stated it would be coming.
MusicDan 4:02 AM - 21 January, 2013
+1
Henry GQ 3:58 AM - 24 January, 2013
u want a joke? look in the mirror
romch 4:08 AM - 24 January, 2013
^^^ If you need autoplay to seriously DJ.... jokes on you buddy.
Henry GQ 4:09 AM - 24 January, 2013
cool..
DJ Guido 8:57 PM - 24 January, 2013
I do not autoplay when I stand at the mixing board.

in the breaks I use windows media player or my iPhone with a simple dj ap. pity that I can not play my serato crates.
romch 5:20 AM - 25 January, 2013
OK... I'll let you in on a little secret about how to use autoplay WITH your DDJ-SX. It will take a whole 3 minutes of your time so you can have continuous play. If you don't have 3 minutes and an RCA-mini plug, then just keep posting and crying for no reason at all...

Leave Serato DJ OPEN

Take your RCA-mini plug, plug it into channel 4 cd plug on the back.

Plug the 1/8in/mini end into your laptop (I have a macbook pro) headphone jack.

Open Itunes (and leave serato DJ open, but make the window smaller so you can drag and drop)

Create a new playlist in itunes (make it the same name as your crate 'Cocktail Hour')

Select ALL the songs in your Serato DJ crate and drag and drop them straight into your Itunes playlist.

Shrink Serato DJ (for cocktail hour only)

Now, play your itunes list and put it on continuous!

BOOM! AUTPLAY!

(if you don't have 3 minutes of time to do this... i can't help you)
Funkytownstopsix 5:00 PM - 28 January, 2013
Really not the point romch, we all know how to get around this auto play deal but why do we have too? That is the point of this tread why remove something that worked perfectly fine. You have 5 fingers they chop them off then they give you a close hanger to make your fingers,,, dramtic as it may seem but simlar in how it happend. Nobody really needs it but why take what they arleady had. So tomorrow they take time coding out of the next software version would you have an issue with that, I mean I can work around that too but do I really want to. Please no name calling. :)
romch 5:09 PM - 28 January, 2013
Name calling aside ;), Serato has already addressed it. So, why keep whining about it? They said it's coming. It'll be here when it's ready. If they say it's coming, it's coming... so stop the crying (as if it's going to make autoplay get here faster) and use the provided work around until then. I don't see what's so hard about this?

(who wants to bet money that the next reply talks about why we shouldn't have to deal with this and how life has come to a complete stop??? Takers???)
Funkytownstopsix 5:41 PM - 28 January, 2013
Quote:

(who wants to bet money that the next reply talks about why we shouldn't have to deal with this and how life has come to a complete stop??? Takers???)
Next post Wrong!!!!!..... Why YOU mad that somebody else is mad/crying, that's no different than people being mad about auto play. That's a little HYPOCRITICAL don't you think?
romch 5:43 PM - 28 January, 2013
^^^ This guy....
Funkytownstopsix 5:51 PM - 28 January, 2013
:)
Dj Poole 7:01 PM - 31 January, 2013
+ continious play... a must for weddings
TubeTonic 1:06 PM - 4 February, 2013
Quote:

But when? Its been a while since we wait for that feature! 2 Updates yet but this mode isn't available yet. Very sad... its a must have for many of us!
Ragman 4:21 PM - 4 February, 2013
I don't think it's a MUST HAVE. But it's a convenient feature for mobile djs. Must Have means I can't perform my gigs without it. And I've been doing mobile gigs before the digital era and I got along just fine without it. That being said I do hope they bring it back, but last I checked the sky hasn't' fell. ;-)
MusicDan 4:53 PM - 4 February, 2013
I don't understand what all the fuss is about. The autoplay isn't even that good. If you have space at the end of a song, there is going to be a gap in sound. Whenever I need to have autoplay, I rather use itunes, you can set an overlap in it (and no you do not need to use a cable out of your headphone jack into a channel on the controller. You go to preferences, on a mac, and select the controller as your soundcard).

That being said, it was a feature and it was pretty dumb for it to be removed when obviously it was useful for a lot of people here.
TubeTonic 4:58 PM - 4 February, 2013
The guys who use that auto play on for example weddings, already has prepared the songs usually. So its a important function for us. Not for the gig itself.. its just for the time during dinner etc. and it suxx at the moment and the fact, that we wait so long time for such an easy function...
MusicDan 5:02 PM - 4 February, 2013
To each its own.

BTW, 90 percent of the parties I do are weddings.
Funkytownstopsix 8:23 PM - 4 February, 2013
Quote:
To each its own.

BTW, 90 percent of the parties I do are weddings.

: ) then when we get auto play back you will love it... LOL...

I just want one software to do all my stuff, not jumping around adding cables opening I-Tunes and what not to get it to work. I have never used I tunes and never well...Problem is we have been using auto play for years and now they take it. As stated not a big deal just sit there and play, but why do so if you don't have to... Nobody like change unless its a good one....
MusicDan 8:26 PM - 4 February, 2013
I used itch since it's inception, when they brought it out I still didn't use it.
Funkytownstopsix 8:55 PM - 4 February, 2013
:0 well as you can tell a lot of people do.. You are right it's no big deal but I just hate having to jump through hoops to get stuff to play. Since I use Video my whole wedding set I just don't want to be jumping from I-tunes back to serato when serato could do it all....
DJ Guido 9:32 PM - 4 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I just want one software to do all my stuff, not jumping around adding cables opening...

+++
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:13 AM - 5 February, 2013
We hope to have Autoplay in the next update of Serato DJ, coming soon :)
Dj Poole 12:15 AM - 5 February, 2013
Thanks Serato :-)
DJ Guido 7:28 AM - 5 February, 2013
Thanks Serato :-)
DJ Muenchen 9:44 AM - 5 February, 2013
when is "soon"?
dj-freestyle 5:02 PM - 5 February, 2013
@logan, hurry up , hurry up, hurry up. ok make sure its stable then hurry up. :)
pdidy 7:30 PM - 5 February, 2013
Are we there yet ?

NO !

Are we there yet ?

NO !

Are we there yet ?

NO !

Are we there yet ?

NO !
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:11 PM - 5 February, 2013
lol
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:32 PM - 5 February, 2013
Pdiddy did you get the ddjsx yet?

NO?
Dj cuervo 9:47 PM - 5 February, 2013
march-may = spring2013 take your pick.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:07 PM - 5 February, 2013
Well if it's in the NEXT update then that will be before March. as the dj intro controllers say Winter 2013 Which is Jan/Feb... Unless they end up going over and into the ITCH release time frame!
Henry GQ 5:38 AM - 6 February, 2013
it was a mistake saying its comin out soon. now were all like "wtf where is it?" lol
pdidy 6:04 AM - 6 February, 2013
Quote:

NO?

Nope....gota get the rane 62, another jbl vrx918sp first.....then the ddjsx. So im figuring another month or 2 before i get it....
dj-freestyle 4:19 PM - 6 February, 2013
Ya 62 is my next purchase for sure. love my ttm57 and ddj and denon 1600 but 62 is mine.
LouHi 6:33 PM - 6 February, 2013
I can never understand why everyone is worried about what the "other" DJ is doing. Focus on improving your own. Stop worrying about what I'm doing. that's my business.

I like Auto-play, and it comes in handy in several situations. I'm glad to see that Serato is planning to add it.
pdidy 6:40 PM - 6 February, 2013
Quote:
I can never understand why everyone is worried about what the "other" DJ is doing. Focus on improving your own. Stop worrying about what I'm doing. that's my business.

lol
acemc 1:04 AM - 7 February, 2013
Hey LouHi

So....... what you doing?

lol
Ragman 1:28 AM - 7 February, 2013
Quote:

I like Auto-play, and it comes in handy in several situations. I'm glad to see that Serato is planning to add it.

Well, actually it stops being your business when you post it on YT and accept comments.
schlabber 4:44 PM - 7 February, 2013
+10000000, dont understand
Rhodesy 5:45 PM - 7 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

NO?

Nope....gota get the rane 62, another jbl vrx918sp first.....then the ddjsx. So im figuring another month or 2 before i get it....

you really are a gear whore! How much shit does one man need lol!!
dj-freestyle 4:57 PM - 8 February, 2013
Never to much gear. Never. I have 4 full systems and always looking for more. Its addicting and plus when you are getting a 1099 at end of year you have to spend alot of it on equipment over the year or you end up paying it in taxes to the govt so i would rather not give it to them.
Asu 2:00 AM - 9 February, 2013
I do agree...i tunes does a better job fading in the next track for those cocktails/dinner...
Asu 2:08 AM - 9 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

NO?

another jbl vrx918sp first....

i find the QSC KLA181 deeper/louder than the VRX Series,plus amp module reliability...
pdidy 3:04 AM - 9 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

NO?

another jbl vrx918sp first....

i find the QSC KLA181 deeper/louder than the VRX Series,plus amp module reliability...

serato.com
Henry GQ 3:58 AM - 20 February, 2013
yay! go serato :)
Jam-Master Jake 5:58 AM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
Never to much gear. Never. I have 4 full systems and always looking for more. Its addicting and plus when you are getting a 1099 at end of year you have to spend alot of it on equipment over the year or you end up paying it in taxes to the govt so i would rather not give it to them.

Hear, hear!!!
JoeB. 9:02 PM - 20 February, 2013
Its nice that Serato has AutoPlay.

But I rather have Automix. You can set the length of the song to run in your playlist and you select the transition time to fade and automatic mix in a new song on beat.

Please add Automix on next version.
Certified Quality Entertainment 9:08 PM - 20 February, 2013
What's the need for you DJing then??
deejdave 9:32 PM - 20 February, 2013
If Automix is EVER added I WILL never use Serato again. I am already on the fence with my new nexus's not having HID support atm. The DDJ-SX is the only item linking me to Serato anymore and automix would mean autoswitch to Rekordbox for good.
deejdave 9:33 PM - 20 February, 2013
The autoplay was a welcomed sight though.
Certified Quality Entertainment 9:44 PM - 20 February, 2013
+1 for autoPLAY
-1 for autoMIX
JoeB. 9:47 PM - 20 February, 2013
why the negative for automix?

its good if you have to step away for a little bit.

If Serato add automix does not mean you have to use it. Its a good option to have.
Jam-Master Jake 10:09 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:

If Serato add automix does not mean you have to use it. Its a good option to have.

Because as the DJ, it's YOUR job to mix the music! When a machine can replace us--and Automix is a great step in that direction--we're out of a job! If you need to step away, put on a long track, cue your next track, and make DAMN sure you're back in time to mix in the new track. It's part of the biz, man.

There was a guy spinning at a party last summer. This guy was a grizzled old fisherman (probably mid-50s, I'd say) who looked like he knew NOTHING about DJing, yet he was spinning some pretty incredible dance music on a VERY basic setup. Some friends of mine were trying to get me in there to spin instead, and I used their unnecessary help (I had no desire to spin) to start talking to the guy. He was telling me that he's a DJ and loves it, along with bragging about a bunch of other irrelevant stuff. While he was talking to me, I heard the mix to the next track start and it was seamless and brilliant. It was then that I also noticed the guy wasn't even looking at the mixer OR his computer...he was talking to me and doing NOTHING. Suddenly it hit me: he was "spinning" on AUTOMIX in Virtual DJ!!! He wasn't even picking the tunes...the SOFTWARE was picking the tunes from a folder and mixing it in FOR him! He wasn't a DJ, he was just PRETENDING to be a DJ to try and pick up some of the cute younger girls that were there. I even called him out on it, after he'd been bragging about how amazing he was. He got VERY upset that I figured him out.

Yeah, Automix has NO place in our industry, sorry. If you need the computer to cover for you for 10-15 minutes while you go pee or try and flirt with girls, you need to consider finding a different line of work. Harsh, but I stand by my opinion. And it IS just that: MY opinion. Others may differ, and they're welcome to their opinions as well!
Ragman 10:10 PM - 20 February, 2013
Autoplay is good enough for me as Mobile DJ. Automix is overkill IMO.
Jam-Master Jake 10:11 PM - 20 February, 2013
Oh, and I was simply the age of the guy as a descriptor to show how he didn't look like he fit the DJ persona and how his looks didn't match with his "skills." I could care less how old a person is...if they've actually got the skills, they deserve to be behind the decks if they want to be.

Not hating on the older, experienced jocks out there...just so we're clear! Those guys could spin my ass under the table! :)
dj lashes 10:29 PM - 20 February, 2013
come on automix is not for everyone but it does have its use i dont need it for much but i can think of many time when it would come in handy like setting up a rig and you need the music to keep playing or weddings when your just chilling even just you need to take a piss and there is no one to mix for you point is it does have a use and if its not for you dont use it..
acemc 10:33 PM - 20 February, 2013
"Not hating on the older, experienced jocks out there...just so we're clear!"

I swear, they gonna have to bury my decks with me when the time comes!!
....although I'm not that "cough" old "cough" yet.
I couldn't care a less about autoplay or automix for that matter.
I've seen many dj's spinning pre-mixed cd's & acting like they're mixing!
If a guy wants to cheat, he's only cheating himself.
Ragman 10:40 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
come on automix is not for everyone but it does have its use i dont need it for much but i can think of many time when it would come in handy like setting up a rig and you need the music to keep playing or weddings when your just chilling even just you need to take a piss and there is no one to mix for you point is it does have a use and if its not for you dont use it..

For what you're talking about auto-play would suffice.
acemc 10:43 PM - 20 February, 2013
Imagine what Guetta would do with automix Lol!
JoeB. 10:43 PM - 20 February, 2013
I think automix option is ok if your just chilling at home or for fun.

I was not talking about automixing at a club or event where you get paid for.
dj lashes 10:54 PM - 20 February, 2013
ok what about if your not a dj more of a selector of good music at a small bar and you need to just have some music playing which is also mixed "beat matched" just to keep a nice vibe should you not be able to use serato..

serato you should reach out to all walks of music lovers newbies & pros a dj is not one type of person.. not just he or she who can scratch or mix 4 songs one time..

I use serato as it has most of all i need to get the job done which pays the bills some people feel automix can help them get there job done so let them have it.
Jam-Master Jake 10:59 PM - 20 February, 2013
Quote:
ok what about if your not a dj more of a selector of good music at a small bar and you need to just have some music playing which is also mixed "beat matched" just to keep a nice vibe should you not be able to use serato..

In that case, why do they need a professional DJ system or even just pro DJ software? Why not just run a computer loaded with music into their PA and use iTunes on Automix/Autoplay? In Alaska where I live, that's what most of the bars do when they don't have DJs playing, or can't afford to hire a DJ. I've seen lots of other smaller venues do that in Washington, DC, Cleveland, Phoenix, and a few other places I've lived in as well.

Just playing Devil's Advocate. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, just curious on opinions. Stirring the pot and all! :)
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:18 PM - 20 February, 2013
You now have AUTOPLAY!

End thread! Stop Tracking!
dj-freestyle 1:11 AM - 21 February, 2013
I try to be very open to peoples idea for things to add but come on guys. Automix. stop it. really. just stop it
Dave The One 1:27 AM - 21 February, 2013
Automix? Hilarious!
deejdave 1:35 AM - 21 February, 2013
autoplay = inch
automix = mile
Felonyruckus 9:25 AM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
Its nice that Serato has AutoPlay.

But I rather have Automix. You can set the length of the song to run in your playlist and you select the transition time to fade and automatic mix in a new song on beat.

Quote:

Quote:
I think automix option is ok if your just chilling at home or for fun.

I was not talking about automixing at a club or event where you get paid for.

JoeB, make up your mind...Automix!?!?!?! seriously??? Do us all a favor and leave the DJing industry for real DJs to EARN their keep. You are a disillusioned wannabe hack DJ.
Henry GQ 7:43 PM - 21 February, 2013
great i knew this would get turnd into a debate about autmix. un following
Yacoob 1:14 AM - 22 February, 2013
First, I will like to express my sincere thanks to Serato for effectively addressing the autoplay concern with the updated Serato DJ Version 1.1.2 , among a few other features, that so many of us had when the first software program was developed for the DDJ-SX. With respect to the automix thread, I would like to see where this is going with some of the more experienced DJs before giving my input. Grateful thanks to Serato and all of my fellow DJs who contributed to making this happen. Best wishes! Yacoob
dj lashes 2:24 AM - 22 February, 2013
Quote:
JoeB, make up your mind...Automix!?!?!?! seriously??? Do us all a favor and leave the DJing industry for real DJs to EARN their keep. You are a disillusioned wannabe hack DJ.

i see you wrote this for JoeB but i would like to reply to ALL...

1. I can Beatmatch / Scratch just fine
2. Dj all night and hold the dance floor till the club has to push people to leave
3. EARN my own!! been djing over 15 years play all over the world plus own 2 clubs
4. own a big PA / sound system (automix would be cool if something need fixing in the middle of show and the party is rocking)
5. last 3 to 4 years only had about 20-30 days off I DJ EVER NIGHT, 1 to 4 CLUBS A NIGHT
and the list can go on till next week having auto mix does not mean your not a real dj yes i agree newbee will fake it till they learn to mix then most likely stop using it, bottom line there are time when it would come in handy so 90% of you INTERNET PRO DJ WHO DONT PLAY OUTSIDE YOUR BEDROOM why not let people have what they like you dont have to use it if its not for you or will automix stop you getting bookings AND YOU SAY YOUR PRO LOL
deejdave 10:04 PM - 22 February, 2013
LMAO
deejdave 10:05 PM - 22 February, 2013
Breaking news from........................ GAMBIA?!?!? I too will follow Henry GQ in un following this.
MusicDan 10:35 PM - 22 February, 2013
I second that motion...peace!!!
Dave The One 1:52 AM - 23 February, 2013
Me 3
Anton1G 5:11 AM - 23 February, 2013
If a DJ is scared of losing their job to a system (dj/machine/software combination) that can auto-mix, then that's a pretty sad day for a DJ. You can't hold the measuring stick low so that you appear taller. You need to rise up, practice harder and beat that system!
dj lashes 5:49 AM - 23 February, 2013
Quote:
LMAO

YES BUT TRUE

Quote:
Breaking news from........................ GAMBIA?!?!? I too will follow Henry GQ in un following this.

I live in the UK London, have a home & business in Gambia and home and business in Orlando FL so your breaking news is International... You ever dj outside your bedroom the world is great place....???
Ragman 6:32 AM - 23 February, 2013
Quote:
autoplay = inch
automix = mile

automix=milli vanilli
Rhodesy 11:37 AM - 23 February, 2013
auto mix will be the end for us all!! every dog and his bone will be in the clubs under cutting the real dj's everyone will be playing for free if you take the talent away and leave it to a machine if a machine can do it on its own why would any club pay out for a dj?? ever looked at it like this??

enough of the world has been taken over by robots and machines and already put enough people out of work!!!
Rhodesy 12:26 PM - 23 February, 2013
just re read this whole section and see enough of the other dj's have expressed there feelings about auto mix!!

Im going to follow there movement and leave this thread, But before i go i just wanted to say IF auto mix ever appears in serato that will be the day my SX will fly out of the window along with serato and i will go back to cdj's
dj lashes 12:31 PM - 23 February, 2013
Quote:
auto mix will be the end for us all!! every dog and his bone will be in the clubs under cutting the real dj's everyone will be playing for free if you take the talent away and leave it to a machine if a machine can do it on its own why would any club pay out for a dj?? ever looked at it like this??

enough of the world has been taken over by robots and machines and already put enough people out of work!!!

bro you have been watching to much movies.... auto is already out there vdj etc... so sdj having it will not make any difference to you getting booking.

Quote:
auto mix will be the end for us all!!

you not me

Quote:
every dog and his bone will be in the clubs under cutting the real dj's everyone will be playing for free

that not new been happening for years in the end the club flop and call back the real deal

as ive said above i dont need it but i can see where it would come in handy from time to time and i NO FEAR of a automix taking my job.

Quote:
IF auto mix ever appears in serato that will be the day my SX will fly out of the window along with serato and i will go back to cdj's

all of you who talk like that are so lame think about this beat grids + sync is automix with a manual fader so start opening the window.
Rhodesy 1:02 PM - 23 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

bro you have been watching to much movies.... auto is already out there vdj etc... so sdj having it will not make any difference to you getting booking.

Quote:
auto mix will be the end for us all!!

you not me

Quote:
every dog and his bone will be in the clubs under cutting the real dj's everyone will be playing for free

that not new been happening for years in the end the club flop and call back the real deal

as ive said above i dont need it but i can see where it would come in handy from time to time and i NO FEAR of a automix taking my job.

Quote:
IF auto mix ever appears in serato that will be the day my SX will fly out of the window along with serato and i will go back to cdj's

all of you who talk like that are so lame think about this beat grids + sync is automix with a manual fader so start opening the window.

dam you got that post in before i clicked stop tracking lol

nope dont watch to many movies i dont know where you dj but ive never seen any dj use vdj in a club and if they did i wouldnt be able to help myself from ripping them apart

i dont use sync and not a fan of that along with the auto play! Beat grids are useful for the slicer and thats it with my dj'ing anyway

read up and i was already slating the auto play let alone the auto mix thats just madness!

im not about to say your not a real dj because you want these functions because thats your choice BUT as you can see from this thread a majority of dj's do not want this function and would probably leave serato if it was added
dj lashes 1:24 PM - 23 February, 2013
Quote:
im not about to say your not a real dj because you want these functions because thats your choice BUT as you can see from this thread a majority of dj's do not want this function and would probably leave serato if it was added

i never said i wanted it and am not requesting it i just feel if a % of serato users do then let them have it the dj that dont need or want it just dont use it.
if someone does not like or use slicer what should they do stop using serato or just not use slicer?
Funkytownstopsix 2:13 PM - 24 February, 2013
Auto mix can't take to place of a dj yet, but could very well do it in time. No matter what you think Auto mix will take away lots of biz for dj's. Most likely affecting house party dj and wedding dj's first. DJ's that are true dj who charge true dj prices will now be cut down but the fake dj's who will use auto mix.... the market already is saturating with fake cheap dj's.....

As an oldschool dj there was much to learn as a newschool dj you only have to make wave forms match up and you could do a party. I get the chance time to time to show these fake dj's up by putting them on 1200's, mixer with no computer and giving them a create of music,,,,sad sad, sad,,,, they can't do shit. Real djs at least most hate automix because they hate fake dj's simple as that. If you can't mix without a computer and know what songs go with with songs without beat analyzing then your a fake ass dj,

It would be simple to make the perfect auto mix by just adding songs to a list, so there might more dj consultants than actual dj's. Although I just can't see auto mix for major parties I could for weddings and house parties. Remember karaoke started in a club and now they have the little machines that you can have in your home. As far as clubs automix could cut the hours of some dj's by auto mixing up until the true peek time of the club. Dj's might be coming in at 12 to 2. There use be dj's at the bowling alley when I was growing up now they have those video players that just play videos.... Either way we must know that things will change just not as fast as most of think... we have some time.
dj lashes 8:22 PM - 24 February, 2013
Quote:
Auto mix can't take to place of a dj yet, but could very well do it in time. No matter what you think Auto mix will take away lots of biz for dj's. Most likely affecting house party dj and wedding dj's first. DJ's that are true dj who charge true dj prices will now be cut down but the fake dj's who will use auto mix.... the market already is saturating with fake cheap dj's.....

As an oldschool dj there was much to learn as a newschool dj you only have to make wave forms match up and you could do a party. I get the chance time to time to show these fake dj's up by putting them on 1200's, mixer with no computer and giving them a create of music,,,,sad sad, sad,,,, they can't do shit. Real djs at least most hate automix because they hate fake dj's simple as that. If you can't mix without a computer and know what songs go with with songs without beat analyzing then your a fake ass dj,

It would be simple to make the perfect auto mix by just adding songs to a list, so there might more dj consultants than actual dj's. Although I just can't see auto mix for major parties I could for weddings and house parties. Remember karaoke started in a club and now they have the little machines that you can have in your home. As far as clubs automix could cut the hours of some dj's by auto mixing up until the true peek time of the club. Dj's might be coming in at 12 to 2. There use be dj's at the bowling alley when I was growing up now they have those video players that just play videos.... Either way we must know that things will change just not as fast as most of think... we have some time.

mostly agree but i would like to add... i dont see the day coming when people say ''am going to club x serato automix is playing its gonna be great'' when VDJ started popping up i just stepped up my game added a few extra mixes 4 decks thank you beat grids and the fans see for them self who the real deal is...
JoeB. 9:36 PM - 24 February, 2013
lol Automix and Autoplay will never replace real DJ's . A lot of DJ software already has Automix and its not replacing a real DJ.

VDJ Pro Software has automix and many clubs in the states use VDJ and out of states too at the clubs and there not using automix when playing at the club.

Automix will never be better than a real DJ. So stop worrying so much about it. You can tell real easy if someone is using Automix at a club.

I think we should have a choice if we are home or a non paid event to use Automix enabled or disabled. Its our choice. Why is so many people so upset on what we choose to use at your own home?

Serato already added autoplay, so why not Automix too. Just disabled it if you dont want to use it. Its that simple.
Funkytownstopsix 4:02 PM - 25 February, 2013
: ) I never said that auto mix would be better than a live DJ or replace them completely,I thought that was understood!!!! You can't replace an MC/DJ that can change a song on the fly, scratch, or feel the crowd,,,,,, well you could if you wanted to automix and not pay a DJ. Ya Dig!!!! FYI don't think for one minute that most clubs won't consider this completely if not to a point., which will mean less pay for good dj's.
andreaL 1:10 PM - 5 May, 2013
please... played song GREEN !!! :)

thanks
A.
andreaL 1:25 PM - 5 May, 2013
please... ddj-s1 cue selection by one clik.. A or B..

ITCH when clik CUE A.... CUE B turn OFF automatically

thanks
A.
Dj Poole 3:13 PM - 29 June, 2013
Auto-Play - this is essential for playing songs during dinner/cocktail hours at weddings.. It has been available since the beginning in SSL and Itch... PLEASE BRING TO SERATO DJ!!

Previously played tracks used to turn "green" in SSL & Itch, PUT THIS BACK in Serato DJ!!
phatbob 3:18 PM - 29 June, 2013
Quote:
Auto-Play - this is essential for playing songs during dinner/cocktail hours at weddings.. It has been available since the beginning in SSL and Itch... PLEASE BRING TO SERATO DJ!!

They already did. If you failed to spot the update elsewhere, you could have at least read the thread above that you just posted in, where that information is readily available.
Dj Poole 5:43 PM - 29 June, 2013
Wasn't looking for attitude, and some of our are too busy to sit on here for hours and read… if you have an answer that will help… glad to have if not please shut your trap and check your attitude at the door.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:51 PM - 29 June, 2013
Admin needs to update the Thread title if there was a fix. so new members are not ASSuming that there were no fix. ahem :)
phatbob 5:51 PM - 29 June, 2013
Quote:
Wasn't looking for attitude, and some of our are too busy to sit on here for hours and read… if you have an answer that will help… glad to have if not please shut your trap and check your attitude at the door.

Too busy to read the thread you're posting in? You should work on your time management.
Jam-Master Jake 6:09 PM - 29 June, 2013
Download the most recent update; Autoplay is included and has been around for a while. And while phatbob can be a bit intolerant of ignorance on these forums, he's also one of the most helpful members of this community. His "attitude" does raise a point.

Go get the most current release and enjoy! :)
deejdave 6:16 PM - 29 June, 2013
Quote:
Admin needs to update the Thread title if there was a fix. so new members are not ASSuming that there were no fix. ahem :)

Kind of agree but even if one is clueless with Serato or one is "too busy" the same practice applies here as it does everywhere else.

a.) It takes 35 seconds to use the search feature. Most people have 35 seconds to spare.
b.) you should always have your software up to date to get the most out of it.

No harm no foul but it is kind of a disappointment to have an issue this old come up as current.
dpetree 4:43 AM - 30 June, 2013
Or at least lock this tread so others dont post on it since this issues has been fixed

This feature was added in 2.1 - Now close this thread..haha
Dj Poole 12:47 PM - 1 July, 2013
thanks... Jam-Master Jake... updated and problem solved

Just switched over from SSL3 to Serato DJ

deejdave... did the search thing, this thread came up ...

phatbob... Full time Firefighter and full time Dj; 24 years spinnin... good luck with the gigs in ur bedroom

Admin... please close thread as some pple we're courteous and provided a solution to a problem

cheers
Funkytownstopsix 3:17 PM - 1 July, 2013
Shot's Fired....... : ) LOL gifs.gifbin.com
phatbob 3:32 PM - 1 July, 2013
Quote:
phatbob... Full time Firefighter and full time Dj; 24 years spinnin... good luck with the gigs in ur bedroom

Nothing but respect for anyone who does a public service like that. But apparently you and I have different definitions of 'full time'.

For me, being a full time DJ means I get paid enough for gigs, every week, that I can spend my days hanging on forums pulling up people who can't be bothered to read the information that's already there.
Funkytownstopsix 5:18 PM - 1 July, 2013
Oh Shit back at you..... gifs.gifbin.com
Dj Poole 5:42 PM - 1 July, 2013
when you join the 100k+ club... your opinion will matter
Funkytownstopsix 5:46 PM - 1 July, 2013
Damn!!!! gifs.gifbin.com
Funkytownstopsix 5:55 PM - 1 July, 2013
Quote:

Is this in a year or a lifetime as a dj or as what?
dj lashes 6:09 PM - 1 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Nothing but respect for anyone who does a public service like that. But apparently you and I have different definitions of 'full time'.

For me, being a full time DJ means I get paid enough for gigs, every week, that I can spend my days hanging on forums pulling up people who can't be bothered to read the information that's already there.

+1 The only fire i want to see are lighters in the crowd .. Spin music & get paid more then a lawyer with time on my hands to take the kid out 7 days a week ,,,ahh just love DJ life!!!
phatbob 7:01 PM - 1 July, 2013
Plenty of time to make snappy comebacks, didn't have time for reading in the first place though...
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:38 PM - 1 July, 2013
If I made 100k I would hire Phatbob to do all my forum reading! LOL
phatbob 10:49 PM - 1 July, 2013
Quote:
If I made 100k I would hire Phatbob to do all my forum reading! LOL

LOL
deejdave 12:25 AM - 2 July, 2013
It's not hard to make $100K+. I make over $100k hanging sheetrock. That does not make me special in any way but DJing does (IMO). I make more money as a carpenter but that is NOT my passion. If I could make that much DJing I would but unfortunately it is just not the case & living in NY the bills are high and MUST be payed.

BTW you can make $100k+ pushing a broom in the laborers union in NY..................... like I said ANYONE can do it.
Funkytownstopsix 2:29 AM - 2 July, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^
My thoughts as well....
Rhodesy 2:14 PM - 3 July, 2013
Quote:

100k+ and you still have a shite laptop in your DP pic you need money management aswell as time management lessons sir
Jam-Master Jake 6:13 PM - 3 July, 2013
As someone who makes 6-figures per year in my "real" job (Air Traffic Controller), I can assure you that $100K/yearly really isn't that much money. It may seem like it, but it goes pretty fast. Once you reach the $200-$300K+ bracket though, things change very quickly. Lol!

I think we've sufficiently bashed on each other in this thread for long enough. DJ Poole screwed up, got schooled, and has paid his penance. Can we please go back to bashing Serato again? :)
pdidy 6:40 PM - 3 July, 2013
Quote:
I think we've sufficiently bashed on each other in this thread for long enough. DJ Poole screwed up, got schooled, and has paid his penance. Can we please go back to bashing Serato again? :)

Hey, Hey....why you tryin to spoil the party ......lol i didnt get my chance to media.moddb.com
pdidy 6:47 PM - 3 July, 2013
Quote:
Can we please go back to bashing Serato again? :)

For what ? they fixed the issue a while ago but since somebody didn't read...i1292.photobucket.com , here we are....lol
Funkytownstopsix 7:05 PM - 3 July, 2013
Quote:
As someone who makes 6-figures per year in my "real" job (Air Traffic Controller), I can assure you that $100K/yearly really isn't that much money. It may seem like it, but it goes pretty fast. Once you reach the $200-$300K+ bracket though, things change very quickly. Lol!

Really you think...!!!!!!! Fuck that PDidy get it in.
Ragman 1:07 AM - 4 July, 2013
Quote:
As someone who makes 6-figures per year in my "real" job (Air Traffic Controller), I can assure you that $100K/yearly really isn't that much money. It may seem like it, but it goes pretty fast. Once you reach the $200-$300K+ bracket though, things change very quickly. Lol! [...]

Also depends on where you live and more importantly your FICO score. If you make $100k in Memphis with an excellent credit rating, you're pretty dam well off.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:15 AM - 4 July, 2013
Quote:

Also depends on where you live and more importantly your FICO score. If you make $100k in Memphis with an excellent credit rating, you're pretty dam well off.

Speaking of FICO.
instagram.com

Hard work and dj gear shopping pays off LOL jk
pdidy 7:06 AM - 4 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Speaking of FICO.
instagram.com

where i come from, we say......
fu*k your score !!!! lol
Ragman 2:12 AM - 5 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Speaking of FICO.
instagram.com

where i come from, we say......
fu*k your score !!!! lol

hahaha ... I wish that was the case.
Christophlex 5:39 PM - 9 July, 2013
I don't know if this has already been said but this is my solution. Use iTunes, set the output (on a mac anyway) to the Pioneer DDJ SX. The music from iTunes will play through the controller without having to hook up any extra wires.
phatbob 5:59 PM - 9 July, 2013
Quote:
I don't know if this has already been said but this is my solution. Use iTunes, set the output (on a mac anyway) to the Pioneer DDJ SX. The music from iTunes will play through the controller without having to hook up any extra wires.

Autoplay is in the latest released version.
dj-freestyle 7:44 PM - 9 July, 2013
This issue was fixed so long ago, lol lol seriously people.
Funkytownstopsix 7:56 PM - 9 July, 2013
LOL,,,,, Sometimes people just gotta read... People read it's really easy go to settings click on update if it says there is an up date go read the release notes on what was added to the newer version. It will say it plain as day what is there.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:49 PM - 9 July, 2013
As I said before, simple fix- add "FIXED" to this thread and lock it! Ahem moderators :)
pdidy 12:16 AM - 10 July, 2013
Quote:
As I said before, simple fix- add "FIXED" to this thread and lock it! Ahem moderators :)

Hey great idea DJ_X_Trodinaire !

Oh and while we're at it, lets FIX all the hundreds of other threads with "FIXED" just so the non reading or ignorant members wont open them again......yea that's a good idea, yep.
pdidy 12:23 AM - 10 July, 2013
I'd rather entertain myself by using it as a Flytrap for the non-readers........
dark selecta 6:29 AM - 22 August, 2013
Quote:
Its nice that Serato has AutoPlay

FML not this guy again... Are you still dj'ing, or have you hired someone to mix for you yet ?
dark selecta 6:44 AM - 22 August, 2013
Quote:

Holy shat, what a flamming bag of douche. How about when you stop being a dick and start acting like a decent person- then your opinion really matters.
BleedR 10:03 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:

Just needed it a wedding and noticed it's still not available?!
I used to that with SSL!!! C'mon!
BleedR 10:03 PM - 18 July, 2014
Quote:

Just needed it a wedding and noticed it's still not available?!
I used to do that with SSL!!! C'mon!
Ragman 11:02 PM - 18 July, 2014
Autoplay is available in SDJ.

Click the link below and look at the bottom left of the pic. Oh WOW! Autoplay.

u.sera.to
deejdave 12:17 AM - 19 July, 2014
Been there for a few days now................................
Manny C dot com 2:29 AM - 19 July, 2014
deejdave 3:00 AM - 19 July, 2014
LOL
Ragman 3:05 AM - 19 July, 2014
LMAO. sorry... hahaha
Dj Poole 8:54 PM - 19 July, 2014
school'D Fuc Dat