Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video...What's up with no response from mods about this software

djpuma_gemini 7:22 PM - 10 June, 2012
Ok.

The 62 has been out for months and I just recently acquired one and I'd like to know what is up with Serato Video in regards to the poor output quality and no changes being made for 2 years.

I don't care what people say about "oh but it works with itch now" really who cares if it works with itch. It's still the same software with a new name.
I thought SV was being recoded to make updates easier, but there hasn't been on update at all with this plugin.

I think it was kind of shady to put VSL on sale to entice people to buy it and then release it as serato video, but then not put anything new in it.

I'd rather have vsl back at least the output looked better than SV.

If serato can't handle working on SV and scratch live for multiple platforms than maybe they should let inklen take over or give them permission to use ME with 2.4 so my 62 doesn't collect dust on video dj nights (which every gig of mine is)

I'm sure I'll get some haters for this because it's another hate on SV thread, but seriously this plugin hasn't done crap in years and I don't want to have to move to an entire new dvs if ME happens to move to Traktor or whatever.

So please, Serato I beg of you. Get SV working or let Inklen do what they do best and that's make an awesome plugin for a MAC that works with Serato Scratch Live.

Thanks,

your fellow video dj who appreciates quality and stability.
lvmez 7:59 PM - 10 June, 2012
So, you bought a 62 knowing that ME doesn't work with it and NOW you want to know when serato is going to step up there game? That's funny.

Anyone who bought a 62 from day one knew what they got themselves into (including me).

It's getting really old how everyone is "begging serato to fix the problem". Get over it. It will happen when it happens and if doesn't, no one told you to buy a 62.

Just my 2 cents.

p.s. I use to be a ME user as well. I miss it but I wanted the new mixer.
tomatoslice 8:10 PM - 10 June, 2012
it's just absurd that, as usual, the mods disappear.

back to the same old bullshit.
here today, gone for months.
djpuma_gemini 8:16 PM - 10 June, 2012
I knew what I was getting into and yes for the people who jumped on the 62 right away were screwed.

I'm not complaining about that.
I'm complaining about the fact that they haven't done crap with the plugin for 2 years.
making it itch compatible is nothing IMHO. Only happy people are itch users. Does nothing for VSL users who now are using serato video. Same software different name.

My point is if serato isn't going to do anything with the software then step aside and let another entity who has a proven product work.
Right now all they're doing is pissing of video dj's who are either gonna jump ship to another platform if ME goes that route or stick to 2.3 and below with ME.
lvmez 8:20 PM - 10 June, 2012
Puma I agree with everything your saying but it's been said 10000000000000000000000000000 times. For those us who bought the 62 when it first came out, there was hope that ME connection soon follow because both products dropped near each other. But you buy a 62 months later and start begging serato to step up?

Enjoy the mixer for what it is. Don't expect anything. If it happens, a lot of people will be happy.
Niro 8:20 PM - 10 June, 2012
What's funny about asking Serato to step their game up. If enough users speak up, companies usually listen. Serato included, look at the features you currently have, most of them were user request.

Ivmez - please don't be another Que or VJ Justin Allen, they both got what they wanted, Serato Video turning into SVL. If you're happy with the current situation, than this doesn't effect you. But if you're not happy than throw in your support, not some glass half empty....

Thank you Puma for starting this thread and hopefully enough users come in here and show how important this is, so it's not pushed to the side again.

I currently use a 62 with ME (work around method) and is awesome. It should have been what everyone was asking for. Again to anyone not offering support for an improved video solution or ME support, they should be no reason for you to come into this discussion. You got what you wanted.

Thanks
lvmez 8:26 PM - 10 June, 2012
Quote:
Ivmez - please don't be another Que or VJ Justin Allen, they both got what they wanted, Serato Video turning into SVL. If you're happy with the current situation, than this doesn't effect you. But if you're not happy than throw in your support, not some glass half empty....

Please do not compare me to anyone on this forum. It's my opinion only. I ALSO WANT ME SUPPORT!!!

But I find it funny how just because Puma got the mixer NOW it's even more important it happens quicker.

The 57 is still a beast and works great with ME, stick with that.
djpuma_gemini 8:26 PM - 10 June, 2012
That's why I posted this. It wasn't to start another bash. It was to see what response I can get from a mod.
Remember when the 62 first came out and Brigid was all over those threads, but now it's dead silence.

I just feel that we as purchasers of their hardware should get answers of what's going on and why they hyped up this serato video and then just had nothing to show for it.

I'm sure I'll be pleased with the 62, but I won't be pleased with Serato Video.
I will be getting a sl2 box as well to use the work around that others are doing as well.

And yes if enough people voice their opinions then something will/should be done.
djpuma_gemini 8:29 PM - 10 June, 2012
It's not more important now.
It's always been important.

To be honest I think Serato Video is garbage and haven't used it or VSL in over 2 years.

All I'm wanting is answers, not for them to come in here and say, "ok, we'll allow me cause you asked."

I want to know what the status is and if ME is blocked for good, let us as scratch live users know so we can move on to something different.

No one wants to wait 6 months to know if you got the job, just call and let me know so I can apply somewhere else.
tomatoslice 8:33 PM - 10 June, 2012
i hope you get a response from a mod, Puma.
i'd be highly surprised. we have seen this before.
and any mod that replies will be under direct fire. i doubt they'd stay to have an ongoing conversation on this matter. and that is part of the problem.

Quote:
I
Right now all they're doing is pissing of video dj's who are either gonna jump ship to another platform if ME goes that route or stick to 2.3 and below with ME.

i have been well beyond pissed off.
with serato, i feel i shouted at a wall.
you get to the point where you just stop caring.

i stay in this dysfunctional marriage for the kids, 192 and mix emergency.
when a better lover comes along i will file for divorce.
tomatoslice 8:35 PM - 10 June, 2012
Quote:

i stay in this dysfunctional marriage for the kids, 192 and mix emergency.
when a better lover comes along i will file for divorce.

and that sucks because i love mix emergency, inklen and what nick has done.
it's just the mother in law is a pain in the ass and making it increasingly difficult for our relationship.
tomatoslice 8:36 PM - 10 June, 2012
i agree with Puma 100%
tomatoslice 8:44 PM - 10 June, 2012
and you should email serato's ceo, Puma. as well as Rane.
and call the company as well. speak to as many people as you can.
the forums are great but it's just one outlet, use as many as you have.
Niro 8:58 PM - 10 June, 2012
Quote:
But I find it funny how just because Puma got the mixer NOW it's even more important it happens quicker.

The 57 is still a beast and works great with ME, stick with that.

Ivmez, I think you're Special Too. If you started this thread, I would throw in the same support. Also I'm asking you to not be like some others on this forum, take it how you may. I just didn't want history to repeat it self. No offense intended, sorry if you took it in a negative way.

I believe this request/issue is going to come up more, especially as the 62 starts to trickle into more clubs/venues and people upgrade to 2.4. Serato needs to put some resources into coding the video side of their product, especially since they made a push for it again and gained some income, not sure if it's enough to mean anything. And if that's the case, please offer us an option to use a plug-in that works. Even if it's a paid upgrade, I'd be more than happy with that.

Response or no response from the Mods, if enough people throw in positive support. They are not going to avoid it, because if they do, history will repeat itself. Someone will come in like ME and make a better product and this time bypassing Serato all together. As much as ME took away from VSL, it also gave back to Scratch Live two folds. This doesn't include all of the people that bought VSL also. ME kept people on Scratch Live and buying Serato products, scratch records, mixers, pressing....etc.

I hope this thread and all of the other threads like this get as much support as possible and someone above listens and does something about it. Look at netflix, they will never bounce back from they're last decision. The millions of users that left, will probably never come back. Or this might be Serato's road map to sink the Scratch Live, so we all buy their new product. Since they would make a lot more money that way. Who know's, but for now, hopefully Serato goes back to doing what it did in the past to make it what it is today (actually a year ago.)

Thanks
lvmez 9:08 PM - 10 June, 2012
Thanks Niro. I am in favor of the merge. I just don't believe in complaining about SV in connection with the 62. Most hardcore ME users are staying away from the 62 until the two companies merge.

It is obvious serato is not listening to anyone hear. In fact they are out right disrespecting all SV users.

That being said the %& is a great mixer for years to come and anyone using ME should stick with it.
DJ'Que 9:31 PM - 10 June, 2012
I look at it like this serato is not answering and to me that means its not go happen. Its been how many months and nothing. Its like a chick that's not go give u none or get with u. Sooner or later u get it. I like me to but it wasnt supported from the get go.
VJ Justin Allen 9:36 PM - 10 June, 2012
Quote:

Yes, by all means, don't be a voice of reason when discussing how Serato has every right to do what they want to with their software....and don;t even think about asking the creator of ME why he hasn't changed his software to work with the newer versions of ScratchLive...even after mods on this forum has stated that he can.

Nope, just sit back and listen to how certain people (the same 4-6) always find yet another way to complain about the situation like they just discovered it.

Frankly if you hate the product so much why are you still using it?
AKIEM 9:49 PM - 10 June, 2012
VJ Justin Allen tips extra for bad service:)

I hope 'nothing happening' is a good sign negotiations are happening, otherwise...... :(
tomatoslice 10:19 PM - 10 June, 2012
Quote:

i have already answered that.
tomatoslice 10:30 PM - 10 June, 2012
asking serato for an update is not a big deal. is that too much to ask?...maybe they don't want to keep people updated. maybe it's their policy. that's fine.

but apparently having a presence here is too much to ask. that should NOT be happening.
they may take it as an insult but should take it as a truthful yet harsh criticism/fact.

at this time they have only been open 30 mins. we will see what happens.
tomatoslice 10:34 PM - 10 June, 2012
Quote:
All I'm wanting is answers, not for them to come in here and say, "ok, we'll allow me cause you asked."

and we all know that you will doubtfully get an answer to this...maybe someday.
you are chasing a dragon that probably can't be caught.
Niro 10:43 PM - 10 June, 2012
Quote:
I look at it like this serato is not answering and to me that means its not go happen. Its been how many months and nothing. Its like a chick that's not go give u none or get with u. Sooner or later u get it. I like me to but it wasnt supported from the get go.

I understand, but you where opposed before (or from the start) of the release of 2.4 and the 62. ME was never officially supported, but it was never Officially Unsupported. Gray area, similar to record pools. But from reading a few of your past post, I see you are coming too, thank you and please offer up support. It's going to do nothing but help us all. Thanks
Niro 10:58 PM - 10 June, 2012
Quote:
[Yes, by all means, don't be a voice of reason when discussing how Serato has every right to do what they want to with their software....and don;t even think about asking the creator of ME why he hasn't changed his software to work with the newer versions of ScratchLive...even after mods on this forum has stated that he can.

Nope, just sit back and listen to how certain people (the same 4-6) always find yet another way to complain about the situation like they just discovered it.

I'm sorry to have had to bring your name up in this thread, but you were a very vocal in the situation. Also I'm going to try and explain it: the timecode used in Scratchlive is Trademark, the Mods do not own the rights to them and can say whatever they want, but it will not hold up in court, especially in NZ which has really strict Digital Property laws. So until there is an agreement official or unofficial as in the past, than we are at where we are at. Like i said before, you would not be a good lawyer.

Serato and ME were in talks and may still be. Why, because the users where requesting it. So please stop it with the not requesting stuff, we are the end users and pay for the product, which feeds the company. VJ Justin Allen, why was the bridge brought back, Also why was the bridge introduced in the first place? Users = Customers = $ = eating = :)

Frankly I don't hate Scratchlive, I love it. I'm not a fan of VSL/SV right now and no, I don't currently use it. This is not complaining about a situation that we just discovered, this is about trying help Videos DJ's further our craft with technology that is currently available.

Thanks
Maskrider 2:01 AM - 11 June, 2012
They are all trying to figure out How Nik (Mix Emergency) did it.
djpuma_gemini 3:27 AM - 11 June, 2012
Nice post Niro

That is exactly what I was thinking.

And yes, look at the bridge. Incompatible and now it's back, same with mixtape.
popnwave 12:36 PM - 11 June, 2012
It's not good business to use forums to release info about stuff that is being worked on. Look at Apple, MS, etc.

YES as a consumer you want that info asap, but we are not part of the product cycle. These call outs you guys make are pointless and do just end up being bashing parties.

Best bet? Become a tech reporter for a major site like Gizmodo/Engadget/The Verge and issue a press request with the developers.

Coders have much better things to do!
djpuma_gemini 2:34 PM - 11 June, 2012
Yes, but asking when the new iphone will come out is different than is the current iphone compatible with the app I bought from the app store. Why doesn't it work and when if ever will it work. And, your current in home app is buggy as hell and doesn't please customers like that other app that used to work with my iphone 3gs.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:06 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
They are all trying to figure out How Nik (Mix Emergency) did it.

Lol its funney you said this cause for some reason every time I think of serato video I picture all of seratos video coders huddled around nicks old computer from his serato days trying to figure out his password, mabye thats why there hasnt been an update in years noone there knows the password to access the server where the source codes kept
djpuma_gemini 3:09 PM - 11 June, 2012
well if his computer was on a domain, they could just change his password.

But I'm sure he either deleted all that shit, or left traces of some bad code aka Serato Video and they think it's all gravy, but he's laughing his ass off
DJRemixEnt 3:25 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:

Quote:
To be honest I think Serato Video is garbage and haven't used it or VSL in over 2 years.

Quote:
Frankly I don't hate Scratchlive, I love it. I'm not a fan of VSL/SV right now and no, I don't currently use it.
DJRemixEnt 3:26 PM - 11 June, 2012
I think alot of ppl are missing the point of this thread
djpuma_gemini 3:37 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:

Thank you.
This wasn't meant to come in and say, Serato Video blows, there's another thread for that which I partake in as well.

We as end users want answers.

I'd rather them come in here and say this,
"We are currently talking and will keep you updated periodically."

That is better than silence.
Dj Nyce 4:02 PM - 11 June, 2012
quarters 1 and 2 are over without any new features added. same shit different day. all the people that were screaming "wait there will be new updates" are extremely quiet now. wait a joke.

meanwhile one guy across the street has managed to release 3 minor versions all with new and/or improved functionality. and release 4 will be the nail in the coffin.
VJ Justin Allen 4:30 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:

But I'm sure he either deleted all that shit, or left traces of some bad code aka Serato Video and they think it's all gravy, but he's laughing his ass off

Yes, because if he did do that then that speaks volumes about why there has been no deal between them.

And "the guy across the street" can do as many updates as he wants to...until he does the update that allows it to work with newer versions of ScratchLive then they really don't mean much.
DJRemixEnt 4:37 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you.
This wasn't meant to come in and say, Serato Video blows, there's another thread for that which I partake in as well.

We as end users want answers.

I'd rather them come in here and say this,
"We are currently talking and will keep you updated periodically."

That is better than silence.

That's the whole point ppl r missing... seratos communication skills suck... When you have customers that are raising valid points, you just don't leave them in dark and totally ignore them.

Prime example, look at the smash visions thread.... They have received some good input and requests from customers, since their entire changeover, and every time, someone from smash has responded acknowledging their customers input and keepin up communication and not leaving their customers in the dark.

Serato is showing a consistent patterns of being non existent when they are put in the spotlight.
Dj Nyce 4:56 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, because if he did do that then that speaks volumes about why there has been no deal between them.

And "the guy across the street" can do as many updates as he wants to...until he does the update that allows it to work with newer versions of ScratchLive then they really don't mean much.

those updates still mean a whole lot. it means that MixEmergency is a superior product. quit dodging the issue like you always have. serato abandoned VSL. then they renamed it claiming that they will be able to develop faster. not one feature update since release and it's crickets in the forum.

even with ME not working with SSL 2.4 and above it's still a better product with SSL 1.9.2 thru 2..3.3. and i will continue to use the better product with SSL 2.3.3. you can use Serato Video with it's shitty video output.
AKIEM 4:57 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

And "the guy across the street" can do as many updates as he wants to...until he does the update that allows it to work with newer versions of ScratchLive then they really don't mean much.......

......unless you are comfortable with 2.3 (which I am mostly)
Or you do the 61/62 work around.

When(if ever) SV trumps ME, I will upgrade. If SSL adds some important feature I will consider it as well. Problem is ME has added features I've been waiting for to show up in SSL, and maybe even that trend continues.
AKIEM 5:01 PM - 11 June, 2012
Smartest thing for Serato to do is make ME comparable again.
tomatoslice 5:07 PM - 11 June, 2012
Serato Video...What's up with no response from mods about this software
AKIEM 5:27 PM - 11 June, 2012
^^'Compatible' is what I meant, 'comparable' will work to, just.......
Rebelguy 5:59 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:

Rough weekend? Did you not get your bowl of Frosted Flakes this morning? Have you ever thought of taking a Yoga class? You seem to have a lot of tension and anger in you.
Niro 6:47 PM - 11 June, 2012
VJ Justin Allen, seriously man, I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish. You make accusations about things you have no clue about. Not to be rude, but it is almost comical, similar to a Colbert report. Again, what are you trying to accomplish? If ME is supported, it will not effect you. It is up to ME to make it work with Scratchlive, serato doesn't have to do anything. It will not effect you, if you don't use to use it. But, if I remember correctly, you do use ME and also mention that it is a better program. So, if Inklen and Serato do come to an agreement, it will only help you in the long run. Unless you're trying to help the situation, please step aside and let people be productive.
VJ Justin Allen 7:03 PM - 11 June, 2012
What accusations? Are you drunk?

Actually your whole thread reads like you are drunk?

Get some help.
VJ Justin Allen 7:07 PM - 11 June, 2012
Oh and one more thing Nero...I didn't have any intention of posting about this subject anymore. It's the same 6 people bitching about something they cannot change, and frankly, bitching about something will not change. ME is gone from Serato. Get over it and move on.

However when one of those idiots drag my name into it I think that's an invitation to post.
AKIEM 7:10 PM - 11 June, 2012
It can change
djpuma_gemini 7:15 PM - 11 June, 2012
Time for a change.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:21 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
Oh and one more thing Nero...I didn't have any intention of posting about this subject anymore. It's the same 6 people bitching about something they cannot change, and frankly, bitching about something will not change. ME is gone from Serato. Get over it and move on.

However when one of those idiots drag my name into it I think that's an invitation to post.

Captian sav-a-mod lol
Niro 7:32 PM - 11 June, 2012
VJ Justin Allen

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, because if he did do that then that speaks volumes about why there has been no deal between them..

- Not sure, but if I was a pirate, I would consider you accusing Nick of being a Scoundrel with that statement.

- I'm not drunk, actually I don't consume much alcohol and am very comfortable with my views on the situation.

- I'm the so-called idiot that dragged your name into this thread. Why because of your past involvement in the situation and I was trying to be proactive. Your past post have been nothing but negative opposition to the matter and honestly does no one any good. Actually you usually do the opposite of turning a Serato user's request that would help out many and effect you none, into something negative. All I was trying to do was avoid this turning into post as before. So if new threads were posted about this subject and your name was not used as an example, would you not post go in a post negative statements. If so, than I hope I was wrong to drag your name into this and would like to apologize.
Rebelguy 7:41 PM - 11 June, 2012
Maybe he needs a new hobby. Possibly woodworking or RC cars.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:43 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
Maybe he needs a new hobby. Possibly woodworking or RC cars.

I hear building ships in bottles can be quite rewarding lol
XRM5 7:51 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
It is obvious serato is not listening to anyone here.
VJ Justin Allen 7:51 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

+1
XRM5 8:11 PM - 11 June, 2012
All due respect, that one was aimed @ Serato & not you.

I want new features in the software I paid $1700 to use. I'm like Switzerland about everything else.
Niro 8:26 PM - 11 June, 2012
So, I guess I will have to take my Apology back, as VJ Justin Allen strikes again in another ME thread.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

If there is enough demand, Serato will listen. Examples would be, the Bridge and mixtape. The ME and SV is probably more complicated and will probably take more time, but if the demands are there, I'm sure someone up high is listening. This is why I dragged your name into this thread in the first place, I was trying to be proactive and my assumptions were correct. VJ Justin Allen, you don't anything but add negativity to the situation and steer it into something negative.

Again, VJ Justin Allen, what are you trying to accomplish?
djpuma_gemini 8:30 PM - 11 June, 2012
nothing, just nagggin IMHO
DJRemixEnt 8:44 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
It is obvious serato is ignoring everyone here.

quote fixed
djcrap 8:53 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It is obvious serato is ignoring everyone here.

quote fixed

yup like they have been doing for the past 3 years when it came to vsl feature requests.

what's new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rebelguy 9:08 PM - 11 June, 2012
Niro...your new profile pic is off the hook.
djpuma_gemini 10:25 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
Niro...your new profile pic is off the hook.

+1
Niro 11:10 PM - 11 June, 2012
So I guess someone is listening, because I was asked from a Mod to not use my last profile picture.
tomatoslice 11:12 PM - 11 June, 2012
lol, naw, they only listen to reports.
djpuma_gemini 1:02 AM - 12 June, 2012
Yeah I'm sure that was reported, so please everyone report this thread I made, but just ask for a response.
Joshua Carl 1:10 AM - 12 June, 2012
Sadly this Company has changed from how can we make the current DJ better
to how can we make more people djs quicker.

which from a business model I completely understand.
not a fan of it from the consumer side, but from the pay check side.

once you buy a piece of hardware or 2, shit maybe even 15.
your general revenue stream to them is done for a few years.

no one BUYS serato (Like on would go buy VDJ)
you buy the hardware interface, or the Control Vinyls, Or the Tshirts, or the slip mats.
so you spend years spending countless hours working with an amazing company like Rane,
working with countless top level djs to implement ground breaking features.
Look at the suggestion thread dating way back sooooooo MANY ideas came from users.
shit, I have a few ideas that were directly implemented.

so in the last few years the software seemed to plateau, and more over started to get "questionable" for alot of users.... not all.... but alot
and suddenly we see "oh, look.... A-Traks on Traktor....Jazzy Jeff on traktor"
the particulars of those events aside.... it was a huge blow.
it made alot people think... what might I be missing?
was there a mas exodus? of course not... but the pillars seemed to get a little shook.

so, then what happens.... Itch gets a major overhaul and now is a crotch-hair away from SSL with auto-sync...
then Serato Intro drops...
Then They drop the mixtape functionality ....whether they restored it or not is irrelevent.
the fact is, if they had came into the forums and said... we are thinking of nixxing this...what cha think? it would have been a different sitch.

so, lets recap.
recently we have seen a fair amount of new controllers, a re-vamped itch, video for itch, the release of serato intro, and very minimal "noteable" improvemnts and features to their existing software....

its a fair statement, be it an observation not a fact that the mission of this company has
changed once they completed their initial, secondary and even tertiary sales to a vast number of the DJ community.

if things we hunky-dory and they didnt need to explore other avenues of new income we would never seen Serato intro, Itch would have remained a complete different animal.
but like any good company.
they have someone looking at the bottom line.
and in this situation the Bottom Line seems to be that they would rather not be the company they started as, but rather the company that made some extra money by not only upset their CUSTOMERS by not listening to a larger number of them...
or even more so by seemingly ignoring them....

and to me, thats like going back to the auto dealer after you have paid for the car and trying to
get something done.... they got your money.... maybe they get to you if they have time.
but for now they are worried about their next sale on the floor.
Niro 2:05 AM - 12 June, 2012
Thank you Josh.
djpuma_gemini 2:42 AM - 12 June, 2012
That was an epic post JC.

I totally see your point and understand the "bottom line" perspective.

Now what that means to me is fuck you serato dj's who have been with us for years and we're gonna make money off the new guys buying controllers.
With that said, it would be prime time for ME to jump on traktor so I would have to invest my money into their software, because let's face it if serato came in right now and said ok ME will work with 2.4.3, we'll all be happy, but they won't get money.

Now, with that also being said, I would gladly pay for an upgrade of SSL to have ME compatibility as I'm sure many of you would.

I do believe that if they don't do anything they are going to lose a lost of users and might as well just kill of Scratch Live and focus on Itch, Intro and whatever else is next.
skinnyguy 3:59 AM - 12 June, 2012
well, if ME users had to pay a one-time fee or buy SV to use it....that would put some change in their pocket.

has it crossed their minds? who knows....
AKIEM 4:03 AM - 12 June, 2012
Yes they have heard the suggestion.

I think it's the best way to solve the problem. A fee unlockes the video capabilities.

Unfortunately they have also said 'money is not an issue'.
Niro 4:19 AM - 12 June, 2012
In business, money is always an issue.
DJ Unique 4:24 AM - 12 June, 2012
Quote:
In business, money is always an issue.

Yes.
djpuma_gemini 4:33 AM - 12 June, 2012
Yeah it's always about money.
Or Greed!!!!!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:13 AM - 12 June, 2012
Quote:
Sadly this Company has changed from how can we make the current DJ better
to how can we make more people djs quicker.

which from a business model I completely understand.
not a fan of it from the consumer side, but from the pay check side.

once you buy a piece of hardware or 2, shit maybe even 15.
your general revenue stream to them is done for a few years.

no one BUYS serato (Like on would go buy VDJ)
you buy the hardware interface, or the Control Vinyls, Or the Tshirts, or the slip mats.
so you spend years spending countless hours working with an amazing company like Rane,
working with countless top level djs to implement ground breaking features.
Look at the suggestion thread dating way back sooooooo MANY ideas came from users.
shit, I have a few ideas that were directly implemented.

so in the last few years the software seemed to plateau, and more over started to get "questionable" for alot of users.... not all.... but alot
and suddenly we see "oh, look.... A-Traks on Traktor....Jazzy Jeff on traktor"
the particulars of those events aside.... it was a huge blow.
it made alot people think... what might I be missing?
was there a mas exodus? of course not... but the pillars seemed to get a little shook.

so, then what happens.... Itch gets a major overhaul and now is a crotch-hair away from SSL with auto-sync...
then Serato Intro drops...
Then They drop the mixtape functionality ....whether they restored it or not is irrelevent.
the fact is, if they had came into the forums and said... we are thinking of nixxing this...what cha think? it would have been a different sitch.

so, lets recap.
recently we have seen a fair amount of new controllers, a re-vamped itch, video for itch, the release of serato intro, and very minimal "noteable" improvemnts and features to their existing software....

its a fair statement, be it an observation not a fact that the mission of this company has
changed once they completed their initial, secondary and even tertiary sales to a vast number of the DJ community.

if things we hunky-dory and they didnt need to explore other avenues of new income we would never seen Serato intro, Itch would have remained a complete different animal.
but like any good company.
they have someone looking at the bottom line.
and in this situation the Bottom Line seems to be that they would rather not be the company they started as, but rather the company that made some extra money by not only upset their CUSTOMERS by not listening to a larger number of them...
or even more so by seemingly ignoring them....

and to me, thats like going back to the auto dealer after you have paid for the car and trying to
get something done.... they got your money.... maybe they get to you if they have time.
but for now they are worried about their next sale on the floor.

This is what ive been screamin from the mountain tops for a while now! Mark my words DONT get your hopes up for any more ground breaking advanced pro level stuff, Right around the point in time when serato "changed the game" with the bridge, then sat around for a year watching people poke at it with a stick wondering what to do with it they decided emerging markets was the route to go. What you can BANK on seeing in the comming years are a shopping list of SMH features, i have NO dout they are working closely with dj bl3nd and pauly D to really get their target markets needs down, look forward to seeing custom skins integrated facebook posting and an avatar creator incorporated into the software
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:15 AM - 12 June, 2012
Quote:
well, if ME users had to pay a one-time fee or buy SV to use it....that would put some change in their pocket.

has it crossed their minds? who knows....

My idea from the jump was to limit the current immortal demo of serato video into a 30 days now its off until you pay plugin, that way you cant just DL the demo they go play with ME for the rest of your career. That way you HAVE to buy SV, who cares if your acutually USING it or not. Serato KNOWS the limitations they face encoding for multiple platforms, its NOT gonna compete.
skinnyguy 6:02 AM - 12 June, 2012
gonna be a sad day in dj-ing if pauly d becomes a serato icon.
Dj Nyce 8:09 AM - 12 June, 2012
even when it's not about money it's about money
XRM5 10:46 AM - 12 June, 2012
I know it's sacrilege to say here, but I wish they kept SL & Itch unified in one software like Traktor has. That way at least all the work goes to one place, though that wouldn't fix everything.

Trying to imagine what makes it so hard for the developers to catch up, all I can think of is that they have to write new versions of Itch for every manufacturer that comes along with something new. Might have been easier to keep things more standard and at least charge for Itch, then charge for its upgrades too. Itch could have been a plugin, then at least the cash would be flowing back to SL.

Way too late for that now though.
tomatoslice 3:22 PM - 12 June, 2012
well, at least people like inklen are advancing things.
AKIEM 5:18 PM - 12 June, 2012
Options enhance the product.
djpuma_gemini 5:20 PM - 12 June, 2012
Dear Serato:

Please respond
Thanks
Joshua Carl 6:01 PM - 12 June, 2012
Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble!!!!
nik39 1:43 AM - 14 June, 2012
Quote:
Remember when the 62 first came out and Brigid was all over those threads, but now it's dead silence.

Brigid does not work for Serato anymore. Don't know who has taken her position now. Maybe someone should ask and direct the questions to the new person.
tomatoslice 2:16 AM - 14 June, 2012
Quote:
... does not work for Serato anymore. Don't know who has taken her position now. Maybe someone should ask and direct the questions to the new person.

this seems to be common.
DJMark 2:19 AM - 14 June, 2012
Seems like there's more than just CV revolving in NZ...
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:46 AM - 14 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Brigid does not work for Serato anymore. Don't know who has taken her position now. Maybe someone should ask and direct the questions to the new person.

wel now whos gonna give live dick demonstrations of updated...hehehe
nik39 3:02 AM - 14 June, 2012
It was not Brigid doing this... But Aroha. But she also left a few weeks ago :(
skinnyguy 3:05 AM - 14 June, 2012
uh oh....
tomatoslice 3:55 AM - 14 June, 2012
wow
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:15 AM - 14 June, 2012
Quote:
It was not Brigid doing this... But Aroha. But she also left a few weeks ago :(

the comm officer from the uss enterprise works for serato??

farm2.static.flickr.com
djpuma_gemini 3:49 PM - 14 June, 2012
anyone want to buy a 62.
haha
AKIEM 3:53 PM - 14 June, 2012
IBTL
djnak 5:19 PM - 14 June, 2012
Quote:
anyone want to buy a 62.
haha

that quick huh
djpuma_gemini 6:31 PM - 14 June, 2012
LMAO,
It was a joke.

I'm still waiting on a mod response.
But I see they're too busy working around the clock on updates and such for Serato Intro.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:48 PM - 14 June, 2012
Quote:
LMAO,
It was a joke.

I'm still waiting on a mod response.
But I see they're too busy working around the clock on updates and such for Serato Intro.

I hear "serato : come on try it its fun" is in private beta
Eric N 9:18 PM - 14 June, 2012
Hmm, not good if people are quitting/getting fired and they still have HUGE AWESOME UPDATES they are working on for SV., ;)

Still trippin' that NOBODY from Serato has said a damn thing for months now...
skinnyguy 9:46 PM - 14 June, 2012
with all the griping from the regulars (myself included), especially about the same topics, they probably don't want to at the moment.
Joshua Carl 9:48 PM - 14 June, 2012
they will probably answer on the coat tails of some sort of release....
nik39 9:51 PM - 14 June, 2012
No one said anything about getting fired or whatever. People change. Goals change.

Companies change too ;)
nik39 9:53 PM - 14 June, 2012
Oh and Eric.. Neither Brigid nor Aroha were part of the dev team for VSL/SV.
Eric N 10:42 PM - 14 June, 2012
Quote:
Oh and Eric.. Neither Brigid nor Aroha were part of the dev team for VSL/SV.

Word... but Brigid was one of the few who would pop in from time to time and throw out at least a SHRED of hope or communication. Maybe not so much in the Video side of the forum though...
Rebelguy 10:51 PM - 14 June, 2012
Wow...a mod actually showed up in another thread...just to lock it though.
tomatoslice 11:07 PM - 14 June, 2012
Serato Video...What's up with no response from mods except to lock threads.
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:05 AM - 15 June, 2012
Quote:
Wow...a mod actually showed up in another thread...just to lock it though.

i have a natural gift for drawing mods to threads lol
DJ'Que 2:23 AM - 15 June, 2012
get this one locked.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:27 AM - 15 June, 2012
Quote:
get this one locked.

man if i put my mind to it i could get them to shut this section of the forum down lol
djpuma_gemini 3:58 AM - 15 June, 2012
no need to lock this one.
It doesn't go against the 3 rules.

I <3 Serato.
popnwave 10:04 PM - 15 June, 2012
I am sure there is plenty we don't and really can know as is part of any development cycle. The industry (CATV) I work in is filled with cool stuff in the pipeline and closed testing phase. It is the way we stay competitive and you can't let that info out until you reach a certain level of development.

I know it's frustrating to some users and consumers, but that is just how the world works.
pdidy 10:21 PM - 15 June, 2012
MODS,....Really. You guys are thinking too small....smh

The mods we see here may very likely be the lowest ranked in Serato/Rane. If you want things to get done you need to put pressure on the people in charge with the POWER to make changes. Until then your just venting and Pissing around.
XRM5 10:22 PM - 15 June, 2012
Or there is no good news.
djpuma_gemini 2:22 AM - 16 June, 2012
they're listening and if it was something they wanted to talk about they would.
Yes I know the mods aren't the guys in the backroom making the decisions, but they do work for one of the companies that are on this forum Serato/Rane

If they wanted to tell us something they would, but since they don't we talk here on SERATO.COM where hopefully we get a response from Serato.
DJ'Que 6:04 PM - 16 June, 2012
If 1 mod answers 1 question he will have 1 million more to answer about something they dont want to hear.

Remember when ssl 2.0 was in private beta and it ended up on youtube and on another site with a downloadable file.

And more recently the 62 mixer being leaked.

Seem serato likes to suprise folks which is cool.
AKIEM 6:06 PM - 16 June, 2012
if there is a surprise - sucks when there is nothing
tomatoslice 6:13 PM - 16 June, 2012
i understand surprises and staying hush...but leaving a forum and not replying to anything, again, for months?
why?
why do they reply to the most mundane of questions, and in multiples, one week and then disappear for months?

this really upsets me.
skinnyguy 8:22 PM - 16 June, 2012
let's all hope it's because they're too busy working on a serato video update....which should be coming out quickly....right? right?
tomatoslice 8:23 PM - 16 June, 2012
yea. well, they do not do this in other sections of the forum.
Serato, Moderator
AJ 11:50 AM - 19 June, 2012
Hi Guys, I'm one of the founders of Serato. I just thought I'd step in here to let you know I got your 500 or so petition emails and to clear up some of the rampant confusion around the Scratch LIVE / Video SL / Serato Video / MixEmergency situation. Firstly, and most importantly, we have never attempted to block MixEmergency from working with Scratch LIVE - something we could have easily done many years ago. The decision to change the architecture of our video product has nothing to do with MixEmergency and everything to do with creating a platform that enables things impossible with the old architecture. Sometimes you have to redesign the way things work to make new things possible.

In order for MixEmergency to work with versions of Scratch LIVE from 2.4 onwards, the author would have to update the way it hooks into Scratch LIVE and release a new version. It is possible that Inklen may figure out how to do this without our help (we didn't help with the original version), but obviously signing some kind of legal agreement with us would allow us to release proprietary information which would help Inklen to create a Scratch LIVE 2.4 compatible version. At this time, Inklen do not have such an agreement with us. However that door is open, should Inklen choose to work with us it. It is not an option for us to roll back to the old way of handling video, the changes are too fundamental, and we have no control over Inklen's plans to release future versions of MixEmergency.

The other thing that you should know is that we have been working on a new version of Serato Video. As some of you have rightly pointed out, there was not much to get excited about in the last release, unfortunately the job of rebuilding it to work with the new architecture was such a big job, that it meant new features had to wait. However, our next release actually does contain new features, some which would have been possible under the old architecture, and some which not only have you never seen before, but were not possible for either VSL or ME, and are the reason we changed things in the first place.

Some key features of Serato Video 1.1 will be:
*Delay compensation - For adjusting the delay of your video and audio streams to compensate in large venues.
*Media Crate - This allows you to have a dedicated crate of video’s to be randomly selected and played when loading an audio track without any associated video.
*Random transitions - Randomly selected transitions every time you crossfade between video’s.
*Dedicated video view - A dedicated Scratch Live view mode for video. Preview screens are located by the virtual decks and gives more library space.

This will also be the release of Scratch Live and Itch that addresses Mountain Lion compatibility, and support for Apple's new MacBook Pros, for that reason we can't give you an exact release date right now, because a lot will depend on testing the new OS and hardware. We currently expect to be able to release the new version late this (northern hemisphere) summer.
VJ Justin Allen 12:37 PM - 19 June, 2012
Thank you for this awesome update. I am hopeful that it puts many of the recent board issues to rest and allows this community to move forward.

I, like many others, look forward to what Serato has coming down the road.
skinnyguy 12:43 PM - 19 June, 2012
about time.

thanks.
Rebelguy 12:46 PM - 19 June, 2012
It's great to finally have a response but the update doesn't sound that "awesome." I believe most if not all of the features are available already in Mix Emergency. I am more concerned that the output quality issue is not being addressed first and foremost.
DJRemixEnt 1:08 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Thank you for this awesome update. I am hopeful that it puts many of the recent board issues to rest and allows this community to move forward.

I, like many others, look forward to what Serato has coming down the road.

no need to look forward, if you look right here--> www.inklen.com , youll find all that stuff plus more
XRM5 1:11 PM - 19 June, 2012
Thanks for the reply, AJ. I'd love to see more like this in the near future as we wait out the time required for SV to mature.

Hopefully the new architecture will make an audiovisual loop sampler or more than 2 video decks possible.
DJMark 1:25 PM - 19 June, 2012
Good to hear both "the door is open" regarding Inklen and of the new features for Serato Video.

Hope it works out in both ways.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:40 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
It's great to finally have a response but the update doesn't sound that "awesome." I believe most if not all of the features are available already in Mix Emergency. I am more concerned that the output quality issue is not being addressed first and foremost.

It may not be an awesome relesse but its a great start, for me personally thats the EXACT list I provided for what should be the basic bottom line must have features, not that thats met I personally have less to complain about and I think it gives a good foundation to work on....now lets see if this gets released this century lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:40 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Good to hear both "the door is open" regarding Inklen and of the new features for Serato Video.

Hope it works out in both ways.

Yup, well played move serato, well played
Marine 1:47 PM - 19 June, 2012
If the new update doesn't have syphon output no much of an update. Also the quality of the output window needs addressed.
tomatoslice 1:58 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
...obviously signing some kind of legal agreement with us would allow us to release proprietary information which would help Inklen to create a Scratch LIVE 2.4 compatible version. At this time, Inklen do not have such an agreement with us. However that door is open, should Inklen choose to work with us it...

logically a petition for mix emergency should begin now.
Maskrider 2:18 PM - 19 June, 2012
The delay compensation and media crate........That's all I need for now......But where is the Effects?
Eric N 2:22 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
The delay compensation and media crate........That's all I need for now......But where is the Effects?

These are a good start, so are the random transitions - but what about RECORDING? If the vJay app on the iPad can do it, screenflow can do it, ME can do it (in a different way, but still) - it's possible.
VJ Justin Allen 2:36 PM - 19 June, 2012
I imagine that there will be many more updates to follow. Obviously it is impossible to release an updated version AND include every possible feature ever talked about. So I guess that means that not everyone will be happy. But then again, when is that ever the case.

I think this is a good start on the process.
DJRemixEnt 3:33 PM - 19 June, 2012
as long as progress is being made, ppl shouldnt have too much to complain about, change isnt gonna happen over night. until then ppl can continue to use ME or just stick with SV if it makes em happy.

but the whole point of this was ppl just wanted an official response from Serato. It's kinda sad that it took a petition and 500 emails to get it. but of course if this response had been given weeks ago, alot of these threads/conversations would have never taken place.

hopefully this'll teach Serato to be a lil more responsive to their customers from the beginning and not let it get to this point next time.
Millz 3:54 PM - 19 June, 2012
excellente :)
DJ'Que 4:11 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
...obviously signing some kind of legal agreement with us would allow us to release proprietary information which would help Inklen to create a Scratch LIVE 2.4 compatible version. At this time, Inklen do not have such an agreement with us. However that door is open, should Inklen choose to work with us it...

logically a petition for mix emergency should begin now.
yeah let see this start.

I cant see how some people haven't seen how some of the tech-mate's and serato folks have not been on here.

that was a dead giveaway. now the beta for it should come soon but its so need that someone will probable leak it.

I glad they finally said something.

now all 500 or so petitioners need to make a ME petition to nick since serato said the door is open and all he need to do is sign a agreement.
djpuma_gemini 4:26 PM - 19 June, 2012
Whoever came in here and said this thread would not get recognition, you can kiss my @$$.

This is what I/We were asking for and we got someone to come in.

Now we need to find out from Inklen if a 2.4 compatible version is on the horizon.
djpuma_gemini 4:28 PM - 19 June, 2012
Thank you @ AJ for coming in here and saying something.
It wasn't vague or had to read between the lines, you said what needed to be said.

Thank you again.
AKIEM 4:42 PM - 19 June, 2012
Just because "the door is open" does not mean that it is technically possible.

I dont understand the reasoning behind 'petitioning' Inklen - its a given that if it can be done, it would be done. Pretty obvious.

I still think it is still worth 'complaining' to Serato to make ME compatible as a strategy for Serato's own benefit.
1. To keep ME features NOT available in SV available to Serato customers.
2. As a strategy to lessen pressure on Inklen to find another platform, causing ME to be pure competition instead of a defacto unofficial partner.

I still think ALLOWING (by whatever means) compatibility for ME contingent on the user purchasing an SV license, or purchasing "Video Pluggin Capability" is an excellent option. The income should cover the development cost (even if its not about money) and SV could then be developed without any pressure to be 'like' ME, and develop its own strengths and on its own terms.
Justin Styles 4:48 PM - 19 June, 2012
Akiem you're still not grasping the software world.

Serato made a change so they could make their software better, this is why ME stopped working.
It makes no sense whatsoever for Serato to assist Inklen in making ME work with Serato so why would they push funds towards it. That's what "the door is open" means. They're willing to work on a licensing deal or Inklen is free to reverse engineer the protocol like they did with VSL. Serato gave Inklen a free ride for the most part by not breaking ME in the past.

I still don't understand why so many video djs can't grasp this concept.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 4:50 PM - 19 June, 2012
I think maybe the problem is that ME is only available for Mac and maybe Serato wants it to be Mac and PC compatible in order to make it officially supported and Inklen hasn't or doesn't want to figure out how to make that possible.... Just my thoughts on the subject
VJ Justin Allen 4:50 PM - 19 June, 2012
It's what I have been saying since day 1.
VJ Justin Allen 4:51 PM - 19 June, 2012
Opps, quote fail. This is what I have been saying since day 1.

Quote:

Serato made a change so they could make their software better, this is why ME stopped working.
It makes no sense whatsoever for Serato to assist Inklen in making ME work with Serato so why would they push funds towards it. That's what "the door is open" means. They're willing to work on a licensing deal or Inklen is free to reverse engineer the protocol like they did with VSL. Serato gave Inklen a free ride for the most part by not breaking ME in the past.

Steve Dub. 4:52 PM - 19 June, 2012
Output quality should be NUMBER ONE on list of new features. Thanks.
djpuma_gemini 4:53 PM - 19 June, 2012
We do grasp the concept VJ JA. I personally don't think Serato should put funds towards making ME compatible with 2.4, because it's Inklen's responsibility to do that.

With that being said. If it were such an open door policy then I'm sure Inklen would have already made a version compatible with 2.4.
I'm sure there are other things behind the scenes that we are not privy to and that is part of the reason as well.
djpuma_gemini 4:56 PM - 19 June, 2012
I don't hear anyone saying that Serato should put money into aiding Inklen in making ME compatible with 2.4, if so then they're wrong.

I do see people saying, "Hey Serato, allow ME to be compatible with 2.4." which means, let them do it, or come to some sort of agreement. Not hey go back and change 2.4 so it works with ME.

I clearly think you don't know what you're talking about sometimes (VJJA)
tomatoslice 4:57 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:

I dont understand the reasoning behind 'petitioning' Inklen - its a given that if it can be done, it would be done. Pretty obvious.

I still think ALLOWING (by whatever means) compatibility for ME contingent on the user purchasing an SV license, or purchasing "Video Pluggin Capability" is an excellent option.

do not follow you here.

AJ just stated "signing some kind of legal agreement with us would allow us to release proprietary information which would help Inklen to create a Scratch LIVE 2.4 compatible version."

so petitioning inklen to sign an agreement would make it "technically possible" and serato would be "ALLOWING compatibility."
Audio1 4:58 PM - 19 June, 2012
Serato had "friend-zoned" Inklen. Just fuck and get it over it.
AKIEM 4:59 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:

Quote:

okay, lets see

You are mistaken about what so many video djs actually grasp.
I crossed out whats understood.

I already answered you question about why Serato should 'work or put funds toward' allowing ME compatibility.

You did not answer those points.
tomatoslice 5:06 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
With that being said. If it were such an open door policy then I'm sure Inklen would have already made a version compatible with 2.4.

yep, but it's not quite an open door policy since they have to sign a user agreement.

Quote:

I'm sure there are other things behind the scenes that we are not privy to and that is part of the reason as well.

and since no agreement has been signed that we know of we can only speculate why.

my theory, serato wants too much.

but who knows, perhaps one has been signed and both serato and inklen are keeping quiet as usual.
AKIEM 5:06 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I still think ALLOWING (by whatever means) compatibility for ME contingent on the user purchasing an SV license, or purchasing "Video Pluggin Capability" is an excellent option.

do not follow you here.

AJ just stated "signing some kind of legal agreement with us would allow us to release proprietary information which would help Inklen to create a Scratch LIVE 2.4 compatible version."

so petitioning inklen to sign an agreement would make it "technically possible" and serato would be "ALLOWING compatibility."

Yes, you are correct. And yes, I agree Inklen should be pressured to sign an agreement, since we have no idea who the stubborn party is, if not both.

I for one have already sent several emails to Inklen asking them to quit being 'stubborn' (if they are) and make a fucking deal.

BUT - Serato is also taking a POSITION. That position can be changed. They want an agreement from Inklen - that is not the ONLY way to solve this problem.
AKIEM 5:08 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
but who knows, perhaps one has been signed and both serato and inklen are keeping quiet as usual.

except AJ, might have worded his statement differently.
to me it reads as there is still no agreement.
tomatoslice 5:08 PM - 19 June, 2012
"Inklen is free to reverse engineer the protocol like they did with VSL."

not according to the eula
AKIEM 5:10 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Serato had "friend-zoned" Inklen. Just fuck and get it over it.

lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:10 PM - 19 June, 2012
To me there is NO reason to petition inklen, we know know via serato that its possible, we know he did it before, and we know (on honor system) that serato didNt "block" me, wuth all that said id advise my clients to hold your horses and give nick a chance to get it to work, hes been quiet on his side so hes obviously workin on it just give it time
VJ Justin Allen 5:12 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
I don't hear anyone saying that Serato should put money into aiding Inklen in making ME compatible with 2.4, if so then they're wrong.

I do see people saying, "Hey Serato, allow ME to be compatible with 2.4." which means, let them do it, or come to some sort of agreement. Not hey go back and change 2.4 so it works with ME.

I know much more than you think. What makes you think that an offer was not extended to Inklen and that it's Inklen that is playing hardball...not Serato. That it's Inklen that not allowing the many VJ's on this board to whip up a storm against Serato in an effort to force Serato to change their terms?

Things in business works both ways.
VJ Justin Allen 5:14 PM - 19 June, 2012
sogh...fat fingers today. The "not" word should be "now" in my last post.
StevenWayne 5:16 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Output quality should be NUMBER ONE on list of new features. Thanks.

+1

All the bells and whistles are great, but it means nothing if the output still looks like doodoo.

i'm glad serato finally responded in the thread, but its sad that we all had to beg for a response. Serato needs to come back down to earth and get back to the basics....customer service.
djpuma_gemini 5:18 PM - 19 June, 2012
Perhaps there could have been an offer, but if the offer was for the entire farm and not just to lease the cow, then hell yeah I'd play hardball too,.
AKIEM 5:20 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I know much more than you think. What makes you think that an offer was not extended to Inklen and that it's Inklen that is playing hardball...not Serato. That it's Inklen that not allowing the many VJ's on this board to whip up a storm against Serato in an effort to force Serato to change their terms?

Things in business works both ways.

Without knowing exactly what the offer is/was - how can you be the judge of who is playing hardball?
Culprit 5:21 PM - 19 June, 2012
how can i live..

I can live without the 62.. but not without my mix emergency >.<
djpuma_gemini 5:23 PM - 19 June, 2012
true, but once you touch a 62 (NH) it makes your 57 feel like old ish.
AKIEM 5:26 PM - 19 June, 2012
Ive been offered plenty of shitty contracts. And Im not even accusing Serato of doing the same. Far as I know Nick is an asshole - Its just there are various ways to deal with one.
sixxx 5:27 PM - 19 June, 2012
Thanks AJ,

I can see a 62 in the future... until then, it's the 57 for me with Mix Emergency.
Joshua Carl 5:30 PM - 19 June, 2012
I want a 62 pretty bad.

so, I play the waiting game as well.
StevenWayne 5:35 PM - 19 June, 2012
57 + ME > 62 + Serato Video

i'll wait for my 62, but i cant/won't wait forever. if i see an option B elsewhere, i'll look into it. i have no loyalty to any one brand.
Millz 5:35 PM - 19 June, 2012
Output quality means nothing if your audio/video doesnt line up, thus why delay compensation is the number one new feature. I dont care how much skill you have, if your video is delayed from the audio, people are going to look at it like there is something wrong and get annoyed watching a video that is behind. Yes, output quality is very important as well, but delay compensation is a must.
tomatoslice 5:39 PM - 19 June, 2012
without going into specific details....

i have dealt with serato on restitution and ownership of items...they were totally hardball. and I was the one that had what they wanted.

inklen has been nothing but good to me and not just in software use.
they have stepped up to prove they are not all about money. they have provided myself more than i could have asked for. they are not difficult to work with or speak to.

from personal experience, i'd be more inclined to think serato would offer a shitty contract over inklen.
pdidy 5:45 PM - 19 June, 2012
With all my doubts, The petition seems to be having a positive effect. This is one situation were id be more than happy to be wrong.
AKIEM 5:48 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Thanks AJ,

I can see a 62 in the future... until then, it's the 57 for me with Mix Emergency.
pdidy 5:51 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
To me there is NO reason to petition inklen, we know know via serato that its possible, we know he did it before, and we know (on honor system) that serato didNt "block" me, wuth all that said id advise my clients to hold your horses and give nick a chance to get it to work, hes been quiet on his side so hes obviously workin on it just give it time

OH NO FUCK THAT, BRING THE WAR TO NICKS DOOR STEP !

"desperate times call for desperate measures"
AKIEM 5:55 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

OH NO FUCK THAT, BRING THE WAR TO NICKS DOOR STEP !

"desperate times call for desperate measures"

the "change" does not have to be a purposeful "block" in order to make compatibility technically not possible.
DJ'Que 5:56 PM - 19 June, 2012
we got a word on what's coming in serato video but to some its still not enought. no one is happy
Justin Styles 5:56 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:

True it's against the EULA.. I was giving my interpretation of

Quote:
In order for MixEmergency to work with versions of Scratch LIVE from 2.4 onwards, the author would have to update the way it hooks into Scratch LIVE and release a new version. It is possible that Inklen may figure out how to do this without our help (we didn't help with the original version), but obviously signing some kind of legal agreement with us would allow us to release proprietary information which would help Inklen to create a Scratch LIVE 2.4 compatible version."
tomatoslice 5:57 PM - 19 June, 2012
now bringing it to Nick could be bad.
especially if the agreement is not good for him and/or damaging.
if he can not and should not reveal the terms of the contract doing so or even commenting can end the possibility.
tomatoslice 5:59 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

True it's against the EULA.. I was giving my interpretation of

even i could be wrong. it is a matter of interpretation.
probably depends on what exactly was reverse engineered
VJ Justin Allen 6:02 PM - 19 June, 2012
OMG Tomatoslice...it's bad to bring it to Nick because it might be too "one-side" but it's OK to stick it to Serato? lmao

Deals are made everyday in business. Bottom line if there is a way for both sides to make money, either short or long term, then a deal will be made...if not, then one side or the other should step up and say so. Right now all we are hearing is Serato's side...and they have said that the possibility of a deal is wide open.

Also, if you think that all business deals are perfectly equal and 100% good for both sides, you obviously have never done many deals. As a matter of fact it is usually rare that everyone on both sides of a deal is 100% happy.
AKIEM 6:09 PM - 19 June, 2012
not all deals are 'money' either - some are net loss, but strategic
DJ Unique 6:12 PM - 19 June, 2012
Awesome.
Part of what I want is coming.
Hopefully soon.

I still want a video overlay though.
DJ Unique 6:12 PM - 19 June, 2012
Thanks for chiming in AJ.
DJ Unique 6:21 PM - 19 June, 2012
When will Serato Video 1.1 be released???
HaHaHa
DJ'Que 6:23 PM - 19 June, 2012
Some key features of Serato Video 1.1 will be:
*Delay compensation - For adjusting the delay of your video and audio streams to compensate in large venues.
*Media Crate - This allows you to have a dedicated crate of video’s to be randomly selected and played when loading an audio track without any associated video.
*Random transitions - Randomly selected transitions every time you crossfade between video’s.
*Dedicated video view - A dedicated Scratch Live view mode for video. Preview screens are located by the virtual decks and gives more library space. ( this is nice no moving the window our self)

Notice he said SOME KEY FEARURES.

I think Nick is being stubborn and dont wanna sign a agreement cos he thinks he can crack/hack the code.

for all we know it could be a simple agreement. heck like he said they could of shut down me years ago.

now all questions and a petition show go to inklen forum. nuff said.

serato did there part again.
AKIEM 6:24 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
I think Nick is being stubborn and dont wanna sign a agreement cos he thinks he can crack/hack the code.

really, you think Imklen is going to break the law on some rouge hacker in the basement type shit?

LOL ok
VJ Justin Allen 6:27 PM - 19 June, 2012
Maybe not Aliem, but I think him pushing DJ's to sign a petition to try to force Serato to do something is kind of a back door way of doing things.
djpuma_gemini 6:34 PM - 19 June, 2012
let the beta test begin

pm me for details.
NDA signed.
DJ'Que 6:37 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
let the beta test begin

pm me for details.
NDA signed.
its already begun
djpuma_gemini 6:42 PM - 19 June, 2012
lmao. I'm not in the know
DJ Unique 6:49 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
lmao. I'm not in the know

Me neither
Now I'm sad
; (
AKIEM 6:51 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Maybe not Aliem, but I think him pushing DJ's to sign a petition to try to force Serato to do something is kind of a back door way of doing things.

go with the options you have - its not like a petition hurts anyone - its not a vote - its just a consumer voice - ignore or listen.
Millz 6:53 PM - 19 June, 2012
I am almost 100% positive Nick didnt start this petition, but a group of users of ME did. Man conspiracy theories, guys that have no clue what they are talking about making them look so unintelligent, and people just making guesses. Why do I continue reading this bullshit ;)
AKIEM 6:57 PM - 19 June, 2012
lol - wait I missed the Nick made the petition conspiracy - lol
djpuma_gemini 6:57 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
I am almost 100% positive Nick didnt start this petition, but a group of users of ME did. Man conspiracy theories, guys that have no clue what they are talking about making them look so unintelligent, and people just making guesses. Why do I continue reading this bullshit ;)

So true.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:00 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

really, you think Imklen is going to break the law on some rouge hacker in the basement type shit?

LOL ok

....thats how he did it the 1st time #jussayin
AKIEM 7:07 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL ok

....thats how he did it the 1st time #jussayin

dude - are you sure he "hacked" the program and did not just take the available date that normally (used to) stream from SSL.

besides all this speculation is moot - if it WAS illegal it would/could/should have been shut down AND Serato has said "the door is open" <- now that is probably not legally binding, but thats the shit we have to go with.

The shit changed, now it doesnt work - that does not mean that it CAN technically still work.

My assumption is that Nick (or someone else) could take SSL, hack it to work with ME, and resale it (or give it away). Thats obviously not what Inklen did - they are not operating in the shadows in a clandestine basement posting torrents and shit....
AKIEM 7:10 PM - 19 June, 2012
'data' not date ^
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:44 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
It is possible that Inklen may figure out how to do this without our help (we didn't help with the original version

By definition hacking is making a program do or act in a way it was not intended, if serato did not "help" in and way ie: he didnt have direct access to integrate his product, then it falls under the hacked category (though the machine code, in and outreads ect he needs to piggy back arent incredibly difficult to hijack), though I cannot be sure if it was programmed uin a basement...most likley not though lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:48 PM - 19 June, 2012
Id be willung to bet that if we give nick a few months well see a ME update that adds an itch option to that lil input select dropbox
tomatoslice 8:29 PM - 19 June, 2012
it took a 500 person petition to get a reply from someone that has not posted in almost 8 years.
i am glad the petition got us some clarity.

i am glad the point of this thread has been answered...sort of.
we did get a reply on what is going on but the specific query was not answered. "what's up with no responces(?)"

will the mods disappear?
they are still not here though.
is this what it takes?
Dj Nyce 8:32 PM - 19 June, 2012
AJ thank you for posting. all of this nonsense could have been avoided if you we had consistent communication from key stakeholders. let's try to increase this going forward.

i appreciate the mini-roadmap you described. mediabank and delay comp are important features to add. one thing that needs to be addressed is the output quality. to someone just coming to video it may look alright, but Serato Video has a serious problem with with output quality. Please look into that as well.

-DJ Nyce
Joshua Carl 8:42 PM - 19 June, 2012
wow, i swear the biggest crutch of this community is people talking straight out of their ass.
tomatoslice 8:45 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
wow, i swear the biggest crutch of this community is people talking straight out of their ass.

oh bite me!
DJ Callen 8:50 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
It is possible that Inklen may figure out how to do this without our help (we didn't help with the original version), but obviously signing some kind of legal agreement with us would allow us to release proprietary information which would help Inklen to create a Scratch LIVE 2.4 compatible version. At this time, Inklen do not have such an agreement with us. However that door is open, should Inklen choose to work with us it. It is not an option for us to roll back to the old way of handling video, the changes are too fundamental, and we have no control over Inklen's plans to release future versions of MixEmergency.

My two cents:
This is the first time I have heard Serato talked about legal agreement. Before it was Inklen just needs to figure out how two reverse engineer ME to work with Scratch Live. I feel Serato is not sharing all the fine print.

Deejay Callen
• Nominated "Best Video Editor" for the upcoming Video DJ Conference in Las Vegas
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:59 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:

I always thought that was our biggest asset(nm)
Joshua Carl 9:16 PM - 19 June, 2012
in perfect serato fashion:

well, the people I agree with are ok.... but if i dont; then your a moron that can go hump a termite infested tree.

hahahahahaha.
gotta love that 1st Amendment.

and for the record.
FACT: the petition was not pushed, suggested, fascilitaed, or even outspokenly supported by ANYONE at inklen...it was 100% user/customer defined and executed.
(not by me)
djpuma_gemini 9:19 PM - 19 June, 2012
viva la resistance!!
DJ Callen 9:23 PM - 19 June, 2012
Call me Sherlock Holmes

Evidence 1 (The Petition):
www.change.org

Evidence 2 (The Creator of the Petition) Coleman Howard > Facebook Search with name = POW!

• I broke the case wide open the cat did it!
VJ Justin Allen 9:27 PM - 19 June, 2012
Yes, I am sure that there were no conversations with Nick about how they are going to force Serato to come to terms with ME working again by using, what was that quote, oh yes, "the power of the people"..opps wait, yes there were. And Joshua, I think your comment about "outspokenly supported" kind of gives it away.

But that's OK. Personally I don't care that Nick was involved, informed, or even talked about by other DJ's who wanted to pretend like they are "in the know". If I were in Nick's shoes I would pursue this attack as well...there really is little to no blow back on him and as the discussions are pretty much at a standstill something needed to force the issue. Well played.

Not sure that it changed anything from Serato's point of view however. Of course this is all my own opinion.
djpuma_gemini 9:32 PM - 19 June, 2012
Nick wasn't involved.
Do you think he would just have some dj's (sorry C Flo) make this to help out when he could just talk to them on his own.

It was the dj's who started it and no secret conversations that Nick helped out.

You probably believe Dec 21, 2012 is the end of civilization and that the moon landing was a hoax.
nik39 9:40 PM - 19 June, 2012
Glad to see AJ back on the forums ;)
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:42 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Call me Sherlock Holmes

Evidence 1 (The Petition):
www.change.org

Evidence 2 (The Creator of the Petition) Coleman Howard > Facebook Search with name = POW!

• I broke the case wide open the cat did it!

Im offering an alternative theory i615.photobucket.com
nik39 9:44 PM - 19 June, 2012
Catching up...

Oh yeah, first it is:

Quote:
I know much more than you think.

Then suddenly it is:
Quote:
Of course this is all my own opinion.

lol. Amusing - as always :)
VJ Justin Allen 9:49 PM - 19 June, 2012
Nice of you to take to completely different conversations and link them together. Expected, of course.
skinnyguy 9:52 PM - 19 June, 2012
signing a document would most likely make ME an officially supported product. the legalese could make IP flow in BOTH directions....and most likely incur fees which we would have to end up paying for. my opinion is that there are some things that each party doesn't want the other party to know about their software.

NOT having an agreement signed leaves everything "as is" between the 2 parties. neither side helps each other, no monies are exchanged, end users don't have to pay.

i think this makes the ball in nick's court. signing the agreement would've make things easier, but could've proven not favorable in the long run for him. not signing makes it more difficult (and maybe impossible) but is a feasible option.
AKIEM 10:08 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Yes, I am sure that there were no conversations with Nick about how they are going to force Serato to come to terms with ME working again by using, what was that quote, oh yes, "the power of the people"..opps wait, yes there were. And Joshua, I think your comment about "outspokenly supported" kind of gives it away.

But that's OK. Personally I don't care that Nick was involved, informed, or even talked about by other DJ's who wanted to pretend like they are "in the know". If I were in Nick's shoes I would pursue this attack as well...there really is little to no blow back on him and as the discussions are pretty much at a standstill something needed to force the issue. Well played.

Not sure that it changed anything from Serato's point of view however. Of course this is all my own opinion.

wait you really think Nick conspired to force Serato into changing positions by making a petition and then faked the signers?

BWAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Ive heard some dumb things on the internets - this conspiracy of yours ranks pretty high up there.
Joshua Carl 10:10 PM - 19 June, 2012
true.... its pretty rediculous.

especially how Ive never been one to hide facts in a statement.
especially one so BLATENTLY clear.

we are driving right by by dumb, and entering moronic.
VJ Justin Allen 10:11 PM - 19 June, 2012
Are you saying that Nick had absolutely no input or no comments regarding this petition?
Joshua Carl 10:15 PM - 19 June, 2012
that is EXACTLY what Im saying.
tomatoslice 10:16 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Are you saying that Nick had absolutely no input or no comments regarding this petition?

is there evidence that he did?

Quote:

we are driving right by by dumb, and entering moronic.

feel like i am driving into imbecile.
and not saying you, Vj JA, nor anyone specific, just in general.
AKIEM 10:18 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:

VJJA You must a spent a fortune lining you home with tin foil? But you must have missed some place, Im sure the space beams are getting through...
Joshua Carl 10:19 PM - 19 June, 2012
and while, unlike alot of people, cared not to SPECULARE whether or not he personally supported it OR officially supported it... I passed on the facts as i knew them.

I thought an idiot proof statement like

"the petition was not pushed, suggested, fascilitaed, or even outspokenly supported by ANYONE at inklen...it was 100% user/customer defined and executed."

was about as clear as it gets
djpuma_gemini 10:24 PM - 19 June, 2012
yeah but little elves said he did.
VJ Justin Allen 10:39 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:

Is there evidence that he did not? We can play this game all day.

I received my information who heard it second-hand. From a DJ that posts regularly on these forums. And no I am not going to say who it was as it was told to me in confidence.

Believe or don't believe, makes no matter to me. Like I said earlier, it was a good play.
Joshua Carl 10:44 PM - 19 June, 2012
then your source is lying to you and should be put on blast for making shit up...

I wouldnt turn to them anymore for your inside info.
I know this FOR AN UNDISPUTABLE FACT....its not up for debate.
nik39 10:49 PM - 19 June, 2012
Joshua, I am not surprised at all. It's not the first time, that VJJAGRA did not get his facts right. There are many references on the forum.
VJ Justin Allen 10:59 PM - 19 June, 2012
nikki...I love how it always has to be cheap shots and personal attacks with you. It's the sign of an immature mind and a lack of upbringing.

I feel sorry for you.
AKIEM 11:04 PM - 19 June, 2012
...and now VJJA has a matching Deep Throat informer.

Man I'm glad I logged in today!
Dj Nyce 11:10 PM - 19 June, 2012
wow. VJ Justin Allen. just wow.
Serato, Moderator
AJ 11:10 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
we did get a reply on what is going on but the specific query was not answered. "what's up with no responces(?)"

will the mods disappear?
is this what it takes?

Actually, the reason there hasn't been much to say from the moderators is quite simple. Like I said, we don't have any control over what products Inklen releases, so there's nothing really to say. We have to leave it up to them to announce compatibility or otherwise with our latest versions. The reason I jumped in here is because even though the answer is "we don't know what they're doing, but here is what we're doing", I just figured that it's much better to know that there is somebody home.

The mods here are not evil overlords hoarding information and keeping people in the dark, they are all really cool guys who are passionate about DJing and the products we provide, they're not afraid to speak up, but sometimes there are business reasons that stop people from being able to speak about an issue - especially if there is an external party who effects the outcome. I don't think any of us expected the issue to drag out so long. Which is why someone needed to give you an update.

Also, talking about future releases is a tricky balancing act - talk about them too soon and people start to get rage about how long it's taking, don't talk about them early enough and people start to wonder if you're doing anything at all. We don't like to talk about anything more than 90 days before we are certain we can ship it, and sometimes there are external factors affecting a release date.

I don't think anyone here at Serato believes that Nick from Inklen was behind the petition, it doesn't really make sense if you take what we know into account. He knows that we never "blocked" ME, and he knows that it is up to Inklen to release a new version that works with 2.4, he also knows that if Inklen want help to work with us on making it compatible they can talk to us, and getting people to sign a petition doesn't really accomplish any of that. It's possible that he may have known it was coming, but so what? A petition doesn't hurt anybody.

PS: Sorry about not posting on the user forums for eight years... but maybe it would help to know that before then I spent at about six years working long hours and pulling all-nighters to get the company started, designing the interface, and even hand coding parts of the program. Just saying...
nik39 11:16 PM - 19 June, 2012
... and even sharing knowledge. There is a classic thread which explains how the control signal works - that knowledge was shared at a time when all other DVS companies were very, very tight lipped (most of them still are). It's a real interesting read, here serato.com
phatbob 11:19 PM - 19 June, 2012
Your frankness and honesty is genuinely appreciated AJ. Thanks.
AKIEM 11:20 PM - 19 June, 2012
Thanks for all your hard work AJ, I for one appreciate it. I'm trying to be your mirror counterpart in the forum when it comes to crazy arguments and whatnot.

However, I am starting to suspect that Inklen is actually a Serato sock puppet (both from NZ can not be a coincidence) and this is all just an eloborate plot to get us to buy a 62 and an sl3 for the work around.

Care to comment?

Yup thought not!!!!
VJ Justin Allen 11:21 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Your frankness and honesty is genuinely appreciated AJ. Thanks.

+1
tomatoslice 11:32 PM - 19 June, 2012
well, thanks for the reply AJ.
it's appreciated.
djpuma_gemini 11:34 PM - 19 June, 2012
Thanks again AJ.
StevenWayne 11:52 PM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:

PS: Sorry about not posting on the user forums for eight years... but maybe it would help to know that before then I spent at about six years working long hours and pulling all-nighters to get the company started, designing the interface, and even hand coding parts of the program. Just saying...

you must get a killer hook up price on a 62 then, right?

sorry, just trying to ease up the tention in this thread :)
skinnyguy 11:56 PM - 19 June, 2012
hush. the demi-god has spoken.
tomatoslice 12:15 AM - 20 June, 2012
seemed like he felt had to justify not posting for 8 years, which he did not.
i was just pointing out a post by someone after 8 years is a big thing.

after doing all that, i certainly would not post either. hell, i'd retire.
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:38 AM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

will the mods disappear?
is this what it takes?

Actually, the reason there hasn't been much to say from the moderators is quite simple. Like I said, we don't have any control over what products Inklen releases, so there's nothing really to say. We have to leave it up to them to announce compatibility or otherwise with our latest versions. The reason I jumped in here is because even though the answer is "we don't know what they're doing, but here is what we're doing", I just figured that it's much better to know that there is somebody home.

The mods here are not evil overlords hoarding information and keeping people in the dark, they are all really cool guys who are passionate about DJing and the products we provide, they're not afraid to speak up, but sometimes there are business reasons that stop people from being able to speak about an issue - especially if there is an external party who effects the outcome. I don't think any of us expected the issue to drag out so long. Which is why someone needed to give you an update.

Also, talking about future releases is a tricky balancing act - talk about them too soon and people start to get rage about how long it's taking, don't talk about them early enough and people start to wonder if you're doing anything at all. We don't like to talk about anything more than 90 days before we are certain we can ship it, and sometimes there are external factors affecting a release date.

I don't think anyone here at Serato believes that Nick from Inklen was behind the petition, it doesn't really make sense if you take what we know into account. He knows that we never "blocked" ME, and he knows that it is up to Inklen to release a new version that works with 2.4, he also knows that if Inklen want help to work with us on making it compatible they can talk to us, and getting people to sign a petition doesn't really accomplish any of that. It's possible that he may have known it was coming, but so what? A petition doesn't hurt anybody.

#RESPECT
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:39 AM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Is there evidence that he did not? We can play this game all day.

I received my information who heard it second-hand. From a DJ that posts regularly on these forums. And no I am not going to say who it was as it was told to me in confidence.

Believe or don't believe, makes no matter to me. Like I said earlier, it was a good play.

when yo have the industry leading product you dont have to pull back alley stunts to get what you want
Nick 12:40 AM - 20 June, 2012
I've had many people send me links to this discussion this morning, and I'd just like to clear up one piece of information which, if I don't do now, will become a fact in a lot of peoples' mind... I'm sure a number of people will probably reference AJ's post in the future.

Quote:
It is possible that Inklen may figure out how to do this without our help (we didn't help with the original version)...

Yes, it would be possible for Inklen to reverse engineer this new communications system.

This wasn't what occurred originally though, when MixEmergency was first created. I did not need to perform any reverse engineering/hacking/etc to get MixEmergency working with Scratch Live. I was, in fact, given source code to enable both applications to communicate. This was prior to the Video-SL project even being started, and was during a period when I was collaborating with Serato in early 2006 (where I presented a prototype of my video mixing software to them).

I don't know why AJ thinks there was no initial collaboration/help - possibly he hasn't had this communicated to him, hasn't remembered, or has been mis-informed, but I do doubt that he is trying to mislead.
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:42 AM - 20 June, 2012
plot thickens
VJ Justin Allen 12:54 AM - 20 June, 2012
Wow AJ and Nick posting on the same thread. How about we just let them work this out between them.

Feel free to keep posting guys :)
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:03 AM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Wow AJ and Nick posting on the same thread. How about we just let them work this out between them.
:)

+1
DJ Unique 1:09 AM - 20 June, 2012
Awesome!!!
tomatoslice 1:25 AM - 20 June, 2012
from what i read, i'd interpret the mix emergency software as legal.
DJ Unique 1:27 AM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
from what i read, i'd interpret the mix emergency software as legal.

Yep.
Same here.
skinnyguy 1:33 AM - 20 June, 2012
o_O
skinnyguy 1:44 AM - 20 June, 2012
would be cool to sit in on a video conference of all this...
AKIEM 1:50 AM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:

Feel free to keep posting guys :)

Myself and VJJA for once actually agree here 100%

Please continue by all means.
Rebelguy 2:08 AM - 20 June, 2012
I guess someone's conspiracy theories about Inklen backing petitions and operating illegally have all been proven wrong.

What will be his next axe to grind?
Eloy Garcia 3:05 AM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
I guess someone's conspiracy theories about Inklen backing petitions and operating illegally have all been proven wrong.

What will be his next axe to grind?

Wow you guys crack me up!!! This is so funny to me!
skinnyguy 3:14 AM - 20 June, 2012
hey.....has anyone physically seen AJ and Nick or Sam and Nick in the same room together? does Nick really exist? =P
AKIEM 3:33 AM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
hey.....has anyone physically seen AJ and Nick or Sam and Nick in the same room together? does Nick really exist? =P

exactly!
Rebelguy 3:39 AM - 20 June, 2012
I saw Nick at the conference In Vegas last year.
skinnyguy 3:47 AM - 20 June, 2012
but was Sam or AJ in the same room at the same time as Nick....?
Rebelguy 4:04 AM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
but was Sam or AJ in the same room at the same time as Nick....?

Haha...no.
skinnyguy 4:11 AM - 20 June, 2012
So Sam and Nick or AJ and Nick could be one and the same!

Dun dun DUN!!!
AKIEM 4:43 AM - 20 June, 2012
conspiracies are like onions, peel back one layer then put it on a sandwich
SiRocket 6:06 AM - 20 June, 2012
@akiem.... ill stand back from my ME being a third party plug-in/software if what nick said above "I was, in fact, given source code to enable both applications to communicate. This was prior to the Video-SL project even being started, and was during a period when I was collaborating with Serato in early 2006 (where I presented a prototype of my video mixing software to them)." is true...

Might be the break or info that everyone has been wanting.

#grabspopcorn
SiRocket 6:06 AM - 20 June, 2012
*from my 3rd party statement from earlier posts.
AKIEM 8:37 AM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Might be the break or info that everyone has been wanting.

I dont know if it is a break, its interesting and changes my perspective on how things might have happend in the past.

It kinda blows away some of the naysaying, same with some of the other info dropped.

But in the end, I dont really care about whos right or wrong, or if there was a conspiracy, or who wont sign what, whos job it is to make happen - Serato helped Inklen some years ago, that trail is well overgrown with jungle - all I care about is that ME work with 2.4+. All I ultimately care about is my upgrade path.

If I have to argue with all the naysayers who are proclaiming it impossible, illegal, impractical, cant happen, etc., I will. And I probably will not stop until I have a decent plan for my future system.

Matter of fact these dudes talking about the petition was a conspiracy, ME is illegal, Nick is a hacker, its all entertainment for me, same time keeping the issue hot.
nik39 8:39 AM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:

Yep. Once again.

Incl. all the unnecessary-based-on-nothing sh*t talk.
VJ Justin Allen 9:58 AM - 20 June, 2012
Why don't we ask Nick what he knew about the petition and what he said to others about it. What about it Nick, care to comment?

(Guessing he won't say anything)
phatbob 10:15 AM - 20 June, 2012
AJ's last post was basically specifically made to debunk your idiotic conspiracy theory. And still you are going at it.

Has all this actually driven you mental? It must be painful to know that even Serato think you're a gibbering fool.
Millz 10:20 AM - 20 June, 2012
Justin Allen,

Ive never seen anyone, anywhere make so many incorrect or misinformed comments. Thank you for the daily humor, its much needed :)
DJMark 10:32 AM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Justin Allen,

Ive never seen anyone, anywhere make so many incorrect or misinformed comments. Thank you for the daily humor, its much needed :)
VJ Justin Allen 10:34 AM - 20 June, 2012
It's so nice to watch all of you rally around and support Nick and all because you want ME back on board. It's been fun watching the same 5-6 people trash each and every single person (and not just me) who dares to disagree with you.

And I read the same post by AJ as you did...

Quote:

Now let's look at the facts:

A) I never said Nick was behind it, just that Nick had made some statements about the petition to a few other DJ's

B) Even AJ states "it's possible he may have known it was coming" My statement was that he definitely knew about it.

C) AJ also states that they never blocked ME...hopefully we never have to hear about that again from the rabid fans of ME.

Once again, I ask Nick to come on and tell us himself that he never encouraged or commented on the petition. I also ask Nick...when WILL you allow ME to work with Serato products again...It really is entirely in your court Nick.
DJMark 10:37 AM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Justin Allen,

Millz 10:40 AM - 20 June, 2012
Ive always been a fan of software that works, utilizing the newest technology. Serato Video is 2008 techology, while ME is 2012 technology and beyond. I dont care if it says Serato, Rane, Mix Emergency, Pioneer, Denon, Traktor etc, if the company is putting out something that works, and works much better than the competition, thats the software/hardware I will be using. I wont worry about the politics of it all, just give me a product that does what it is supposed to and Im good. Justin, you still are a moron, no matter what valid or invalid points you are trying to make. I usually try to keep from talking down to people, but dude you are just redic ;)
VJ Justin Allen 10:45 AM - 20 June, 2012
Millz...your respect level drops when you personally attack people. However since I know that you are an ME fanboy I suppose it's understandable.

Now that the facts are starting to come out I suppose that attacking me seems justified...but it only shows your own lack of upbringing.

Note that during all of these "discussions" I never attacked anyone personally unless attacked first. It's a shame that too many people on this forum cannot have a different point of view based on the merit of their arguments without being attacked. Narrow-minded people exist everywhere I suppose, even among DJ's.
Millz 10:47 AM - 20 June, 2012
I dont care what you say about me, I dont need respect from someone like you.
nik39 10:49 AM - 20 June, 2012
Orly...!

Quote:

Quote:
Yes, I am sure that there were no conversations with Nick about how they are going to force Serato to come to terms with ME working again by using, what was that quote, oh yes, "the power of the people"..opps wait, yes there were.

Pathetic.
VJ Justin Allen 10:51 AM - 20 June, 2012
nikki...once again, notice I include the entire quote and you only pick the parts you choose to...yes you are pathetic...and transparent.
DJMark 10:51 AM - 20 June, 2012
I have to say, all I really have seen is people rallying around that "best product for the job" kind of things.

I've seen a *few* (thankfully, just a few) people indulge in the kind of "company politics" that have until this been pretty rare on these forums.

Guess the most rational thing one can do is to thank those (few) people for showing everyone their ass, cause that's pretty much all it amounts to. Certainly nothing productive, helpful, or pushing things ahead in any way.

I'm **extremely** glad to have read that apparently nothing "sneaky" was behind the genesis of ME.
nik39 10:56 AM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
your respect level drops when you

... say something like this?

serato.com

serato.com
phatbob 12:02 PM - 20 June, 2012
Darkness falls over the battlefield, the embers of conflict burning less and less brightly as the hours pass. 

Away from the destruction, the victors celebrate in muted fashion, knowing they have scored a triumph of sorts, but wondering at what price? Would their land ever return to its former beauty having been scarred by this bitter fundamentalist conflict for so long, or was the damage permanent?

Back at the battlefield, an eerie silence has descended over the bodies of the dead and dying which are strewn across the acres of muddy ground.

The scene could almost be called tranquil, were it not for the cries of the troll as he wanders the fields, alone, his allies having long since gone, leaving him behind. 

His brain is fatally wounded, his beliefs having been proved to be wholly wrong, and yet he finds himself unable to compute his current situation, the battle still raging so strongly in his mind.

"Come on you f*ckers!" he cries out, swinging his now blunt scythe around his head, "I'll 'ave the lot of ye!" Yet for all his bluster and fire, the battle is over. There is no ground left to gain. Anyone who encounters him now engages the ravaged creature purely for sport, his broken mind providing humour for all.

Some hours later a numbers of horsemen, senior members of his own tribe, ride past.

"Poor troll, what will become of him now?" asks one.

"Who cares?" replies a second, as they ride off into the sunset.
DjBoozie 12:06 PM - 20 June, 2012
Shoots Fired!!!!!!!!!! Won't be long before this thread is locked as well
Rebelguy 1:29 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
nikki...once again, notice I include the entire quote and you only pick the parts you choose to...yes you are pathetic...and transparent.

Justin,

Why do you keep trying to backpedal on statements you have made? They are there for everyone to read. I doubt you are going to ever admit you are wrong on anything but at least quit making yourself look worse. Move on to another topic.
Joshua Carl 1:41 PM - 20 June, 2012
Wow,
I am dumbfounded beyond the capacity for rational thought.

I'm goin to hold my tongue in an effort to not say things I'd regret,

People get agitated because no only has AJ acknowledged that nick had nothing to do with it
Not only have I told you for a fact he had nothin to do with it.
Other people have chimed in who are in the know and concurred.

You are still clinging to one completely irrelevant piece of misguided theory...
While the rest of the discussion has moved forward, and people are talking
About the future, about what's transpired in the last 2 days.
Your still on about something completely pointless like some conspiracy theorist.

I KNOW you are smarter than this...come on man.
XRM5 2:01 PM - 20 June, 2012
Wow, phatbob.
phatbob 2:06 PM - 20 June, 2012
It was a boring bus journey, what can I say...
DJ JT Stevens 2:08 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Shoots Fired!!!!!!!!!! Won't be long before this thread is locked as well

This. I'm mainly watching from the sidelines here and not trying to step on any toes, but considering both Nick and AJ have posted in this thread we should try to keep it from getting locked.

Yet I can't help but agree with this...

Quote:
Wow, phatbob.

Epic post phatbob. All I could imagine while reading it was some crazy Lord Of The Rings style battle scene.

Quote:
But in the end, I dont really care about whos right or wrong, or if there was a conspiracy, or who wont sign what, whos job it is to make happen - Serato helped Inklen some years ago, that trail is well overgrown with jungle - all I care about is that ME work with 2.4+. All I ultimately care about is my upgrade path.

Same here. As someone who's also looking to upgrade I'm trying to wait patiently and see how this all plays out.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:11 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Wow,

People get agitated because no only has AJ acknowledged that nick had nothing to do with it

You are still clinging to one completely irrelevant piece of misguided theory...
Your still on about something completely pointless like some conspiracy theorist.

Quote:
Wow,

ya but....WHY WONT NICK POST HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!
phatbob 2:14 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
I'm trying to wait patiently and see how this all plays out.

At this point that is all any of us should be doing. ME users know that their voices have been heard, and we have a clear idea of Serato's position, as well as unprecedented access to their roadmap. Serato Video users and MixEmergency users are ALL winners this week.

There is no 'battle' to be had here now. Anyone who thinks otherwise must have some other axe to grind.
XRM5 2:16 PM - 20 June, 2012
I like the idea of always having 2 working video options to choose from. There are some basic features ME implemented first that every video DJ software needs, and AJ has confirmed they're all on the way.

The competition has been good for VSL/SV so far. It has ended the 2 or 3 years of nothing-new-ever, and now it's interesting to think about SV growing up and becoming something unique. It looks like things are gonna stay interesting.
Dj TopDonn 2:30 PM - 20 June, 2012
Justin Allen, I gotta give it to you, thanks for the comic relief.
Eloy Garcia 2:49 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Justin Allen, I gotta give it to you, thanks for the comic relief.
Eloy Garcia 2:55 PM - 20 June, 2012
"From Nick"

Quote:
Yes, it would be possible for Inklen to reverse engineer this new communications system.

Thats all I got to say!
Culprit 2:59 PM - 20 June, 2012
all this states is that in fact.. there has been no real communication between Serato or Inklen since 2006. And I blame both parties for not sitting at the table and working something out. We could have a working Mix Emergency with 2.4 and a 62, but no one is willing to make a stupid phone call to make it happen and watch all of us bicker on the forums about that.

so much more to be said but you know what, on here it ain't worth it really.
djpuma_gemini 3:01 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
"From Nick"

Quote:

Thats all I got to say!

That right there is the key to the city.
It would be possible and probably is.

Now Can we have Serato and Inklen work out a deal to where both parties are happy?

Let's keep this thread civil too. I don't want it getting shut down.
DJ JT Stevens 3:03 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
At this point that is all any of us should be doing. ME users know that their voices have been heard, and we have a clear idea of Serato's position, as well as unprecedented access to their roadmap. Serato Video users and MixEmergency users are ALL winners this week.

Very true. It was great to finally get some of that info. Maybe it's my optimism speaking but I do feel that good things are going to come of this.

Quote:
The competition has been good for VSL/SV so far. It has ended the 2 or 3 years of nothing-new-ever, and now it's interesting to think about SV growing up and becoming something unique. It looks like things are gonna stay interesting.

You know what they say, competition breeds creativity. It'll be fun to see what Nick and the Serato devs come up with. Hopefully it'll get to a point where ME is compatible and SV is no longer playing catch up, with both platforms introducing new features to their software and VJ's will have a choice of two pro level options.

And now I'm off to dream about unicorns and rainbows.
Eloy Garcia 3:04 PM - 20 June, 2012
I agree with Puma keep it civil!
djpuma_gemini 3:04 PM - 20 June, 2012
For all we know there could have been talks since 2.4 dropped.
We aren't in the know so I can't comment on that and most others in here are just speculating anyway.

Here's how I see it.
Make/Allow/aid 2.4 to be compatible with ME 2.1 or whatever it is and many of us will go get some 62's and upgrade to 2.4.

I know I would and will.
Eloy Garcia 3:05 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
And now I'm off to dream about unicorns and rainbows.

LMFAO!!!
djpuma_gemini 3:07 PM - 20 June, 2012
I got it.
ME = mac side, SV = Windows side.
If you want to use ME buy a mac, if you want to use ME, throw bootcamp on your mac or use a pc.
Eloy Garcia 3:12 PM - 20 June, 2012
think Puma was trying to say:

I got it.
ME = mac side, SV = Windows side.
If you want to use ME buy a mac, if you want to use SV, throw bootcamp on your mac or use a pc.
XRM5 3:15 PM - 20 June, 2012
Or it could be that ME covers mix DJs that don't wanna think about the video side too hard but still wanna look good, while Serato integrates video better into what they're already doing in their audio software/hardware for people who wanna build next-level video routines that are on the level of the stuff Serato's been posting from Vajra and Mixmaster Mike.
Eloy Garcia 3:16 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Or it could be that ME covers mix DJs that don't wanna think about the video side too hard but still wanna look good, while Serato integrates video better into what they're already doing in their audio software/hardware for people who wanna build next-level video routines that are on the level of the stuff Serato's been posting from Vajra and Mixmaster Mike.

aaaaaaaaaaaaa What!? I think it's the other way around my friend.....
XRM5 3:18 PM - 20 June, 2012
A lot of the features in ME are set-it-and-forget it.

I'm not talking about present-day Serato, but what I wish they would turn into.
djpuma_gemini 3:23 PM - 20 June, 2012
Serato does not integrate video better, now maybe the plugin did at one point, because it was already there and you had to open ME separately, but ME is NEXT LEVEL and some features are set it and forget it, but a lot you have to use the keyboard or midi to get the full features.
Eloy Garcia 3:24 PM - 20 June, 2012
I don't know many people that set ME and for get it at all. I think you need to see more people using it in a live show. I am changing effects, transitions, preset all the time, even using the Syphon with Modul8....
djpuma_gemini 3:26 PM - 20 June, 2012
I can't even use all the features becuase I don't have a midi device plugged in and can't sit behind my keyboard all day changing effects that react with the beat.
XRM5 3:29 PM - 20 June, 2012
I didn't say SV is better than ME at anything, it's obviously not. And I don't mean to beat up on ME, it's great.

I just want Serato to avoid chasing ME features forever and find a unique style instead. All that stuff is just suggestions. Right now there are plenty of things you can do with audio in Serato that you can't with video, and I'd love to see them catch all that up before they start adding random transitions and clip banks and other ME inventions that are already perfectly implemented somewhere else. Everybody who needs those already has a place to go for them.
Rebelguy 3:37 PM - 20 June, 2012
Can you offer some suggestions? Honestly ME has covered a lot of bases in the video field.
StevenWayne 3:38 PM - 20 June, 2012
can someone forward me the petition to ban JVJ ustin Allen from ever posting again?
XRM5 3:41 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Can you offer some suggestions? Honestly ME has covered a lot of bases in the video field.

Video support for the SP-6 is an obvious one. Crazy shit will be possible when they hook that up.
AKIEM 4:05 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:

I just want Serato to avoid chasing ME features forever and find a unique style instead. All that stuff is just suggestions. Right now there are plenty of things you can do with audio in Serato that you can't with video, and I'd love to see them catch all that up before they start adding random transitions and clip banks and other ME inventions that are already perfectly implemented somewhere else. Everybody who needs those already has a place to go for them.

Exactly this would be part of Serato's stretegic benefit to build SV on it's own terms, instead of always behind ME. This is the actual advantage Serato was able to use in not upgrading VSL, I guess concentrating on other things, while ME picked up the video slack.
skinnyguy 4:09 PM - 20 June, 2012
And like linking eq and other audio fx to visual fx.
Eloy Garcia 4:11 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:

Video support for the SP-6 is an obvious one. Crazy shit will be possible when they hook that up.

You might be waiting for a long time for that XRM5. You should just get Resolume Avenue for that if. You can have your Audio/Video samples in Avenue and by using Syphon there you go. So ME output with Syphon going to Avenue. Then Avenue output to the screens. Then you fire the A/V samples with your midi controller.

This is just a way for you to get around waiting for Serato to get SV to work with SP-6 player. Also you can have Midi Clock in Avenue work with the grid. Thanks to the bridge/Ableton midi clock date can be sent to Avenue and you can keep your samples in sync at all times.
djpuma_gemini 4:16 PM - 20 June, 2012
Agreed.
Oh and this
<------------------------------------ Is the best I could do in MSPaint
AKIEM 4:22 PM - 20 June, 2012
I keep meaning to start experimenting with Beatgrids to ME to QTZ to Reason.

SSL should send Beatgrid MIDI data out, instead of these work arounds.
Eloy Garcia 4:26 PM - 20 June, 2012
that would be hot "Beatgrid MIDI data out" and Midi in to SSL too!
XRM5 4:32 PM - 20 June, 2012
Thanks for that, Eloy. I forgot about Avenue.

But I hope the developers get to it. It's one of those features that people may not line up & ask for because they can't imagine it in action, but when it happens the whole art form leaps forward.

I just want the SV developers to take a look at the 68 and the 62, make a list of all the features on there that are audio-only, and add them to SV.
Rebelguy 4:37 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Thanks for that, Eloy. I forgot about Avenue.

But I hope the developers get to it. It's one of those features that people may not line up & ask for because they can't imagine it in action, but when it happens the whole art form leaps forward.

I just want the SV developers to take a look at the 68 and the 62, make a list of all the features on there that are audio-only, and add them to SV.

What features on the mixers besides the Sp-6 are you referring to though? Multiple video streams would probably be a mess visually.
AKIEM 4:40 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:

Exactly
XRM5 4:42 PM - 20 June, 2012
Rebelguy, you think it would be a mess with your style, and that's cool. I absolutely NEED it.

But even if you're not talking about really seeing more than 2 streams at a time, it would open up a lot of mixing possibilities.
AKIEM 4:44 PM - 20 June, 2012
Video efx, synced to audio efx.

Video efx, synced to loops

Video efx, synced to cues
XRM5 4:56 PM - 20 June, 2012
Hell, video looping. Imagine that--even if it was just 4 or 8 bars, the ability to scratch or cue in drums, then layer a video beat on the fly.
DJ'Que 5:34 PM - 20 June, 2012
So from reading nicks post he wants serato to just give him to code's again. like I said stubborn. you gotta pay to play.

in other words ME & 2.4+ is not go happen.

Quote:
It is possible that Inklen may figure out how to do this without our help (we didn't help with the original version)...

This wasn't what occurred originally though, when MixEmergency was first created. I did not need to perform any reverse engineering/hacking/etc to get MixEmergency working with Scratch Live. I was, in fact, given source code to enable both applications to communicate. This was prior to the Video-SL project even being started, and was during a period when I was collaborating with Serato in early 2006 (where I presented a prototype of my video mixing software to them).

I don't know why AJ thinks there was no initial collaboration/help - possibly he hasn't had this communicated to him, hasn't remembered, or has been mis-informed, but I do doubt that he is trying to mislead.

Nick just told you he can reverse engineer the code but dont want to he wants them to supply it to him free of charge.

So in all this petition might have just sealed the faith of serato & ME working together cos ya'll got 1 person calling another 1 a lie.
DJ'Que 5:35 PM - 20 June, 2012
P.S This thread really need to be lock b4 it starts a bigger war. between the 2 company's.
djpuma_gemini 5:38 PM - 20 June, 2012
You're ignorance is not bliss que?
djpuma_gemini 5:38 PM - 20 June, 2012
He never said give the code and this thread doesn't need to be locked as it's getting responses by both parties, just like I asked from the beginning.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:47 PM - 20 June, 2012
DJ'Que 6:55 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
He never said give the code and this thread doesn't need to be locked as it's getting responses by both parties, just like I asked from the beginning.
believe what you want. I read between line.

anyway Im done on this thread its a one way thread.

Got table's to repair and custom have fun with y'all debate for ME.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:00 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
i read between line

Astonishing
tomatoslice 7:03 PM - 20 June, 2012
i read between the lines too.
and when certain people post i read "I have no clue what i am talking about."
Millz 7:06 PM - 20 June, 2012
DJ Que, you are another person with no common sense whatsoever. I sure hope you get the loose screws tightened up dude for real
Dj Nyce 7:08 PM - 20 June, 2012
i love it
djnak 7:14 PM - 20 June, 2012
WOW Vjja WOW you should be medicated...

Quote:
So from reading nicks post he wants serato to just give him to code's again. like I said stubborn. you gotta pay to play.

really thats what you got out of that? I think he was more trying to clear the air that he never hacked/stole or whatever other conspiracy theory VjJa has come up with to get M.e. to work.

From my understanding(but again this is just my understanding NOT actual fact)

Inklen was given said technology and codes and allowed to use them, but as technology and codes changed, he can not use them as he was not given clearence to do so.

And now we are at or past that point, and now a deal has to be made(or not)

Now the RIGHT deal for both companies needs to be found.
If an agreement can not be made serato better come up with some bad ass updates(not just playing catch up to Me)

I am not loyal to any company I just want to provide the best product I can for my clients, If me teams up with traktor, Id probably jump ship and go over there. Hell if fisher price came up with a better solotion I would jump on that....

Now VjJa I dont see anybody being a fanboy to Me we just want the best possible product and that at this moment is Me...

a couple years ago Serato should have been looking at me and trying to compete, but instead they focused thier efforts on new products and let the video guys fall off gave us a couple updates(which basically did nothing new, lost stability ect ect..)
DJ'Que 7:17 PM - 20 June, 2012
exactly he was giving. so he wants them given again. he said he can reverse the codes already.
Joshua Carl 7:20 PM - 20 June, 2012
oh my sweet baby Jesus.
djpuma_gemini 7:21 PM - 20 June, 2012
No, he doesn't want them given to him,
He's showing that he had them given to him in the beginning back in 06 and it was never something he did behind Serato's back.

Think of it this way.

6 years ago I give you some code.
6 years later I change the code for my product and now your product doesn't work any longer
I then say you never had help from me, but remember I gave you the code.
He's showing that they aided him in the beginning, not that he's asking for it.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 7:22 PM - 20 June, 2012
I've come to the deduction that...

wait for it....

wait for it....

wait for it...

PEOPLE LIKE TO ARGUE!!
I'm out
Dj Nyce 7:22 PM - 20 June, 2012
these guys...it's like trying to stick a square peg through a round hole.
tomatoslice 7:24 PM - 20 June, 2012
there are 2 posters that are the complete opposite of the others.
which of the 2 is the Sith Lord??
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:27 PM - 20 June, 2012
Why does everyone keep talking about them comming to an agreement, THERES NO NEED, serato said he can if he can, and he said he can....GIVE THE GUY TIME TO GET THE KINKS WORKED OUT AND WE IN THERE, YALL JUST CHILL

Yall startin to remind me of freddy and young city from makin da band 2, cryin to puff cause they didnt get their royaltys the dsy the album came out, inklen isnt gonna downgrade its quality rep just to throw some shitty code together to say it works, give him time to make it work RIGHT
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:31 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
exactly he was giving. so he wants them given again. he said he can reverse the codes already.

Dude you dont have to have original source code to read what its doing, do you think apple handed out iphone code so people could make jailbreaks HELL NO, and what do you even mean reverse it, did you mean reverse enginere because if you have source code YOUR NOT REVERSE ENGINEERING ANYTHING
Joshua Carl 7:33 PM - 20 June, 2012
pointless.

facts are out there. whats there for us to discuss...theres no sideways talk,
Joshua Carl 7:34 PM - 20 June, 2012
you'd make better ground arguing with a 3rd grader about quantum physics.
djnak 7:40 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
these guys...it's like trying to stick a square peg through a round hole.

Quote:
pointless.

facts are out there. whats there for us to discuss...theres no sideways talk,

Quote:
you'd make better ground arguing with a 3rd grader about quantum physics.

REAL TALK
Millz 7:44 PM - 20 June, 2012
CHEAD!~
nik39 7:47 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
i read between the lines too.
and when certain people post i read "I have no clue what i am talking about."

That's not a nice thing to say, tomatoeslice.... because
Quote:
I know much more than you think.
djpuma_gemini 7:47 PM - 20 June, 2012
IT's sunny over here.
Seems like the talks are working
www.accuweather.com
Joshua Carl 7:49 PM - 20 June, 2012
New Video report is up.... and rather funny.
remixreport.com

who is gonna make the DJ Eloy "White wine SMash Smash city remix" video
might be one of the funniest things Ive ever seen.
djpuma_gemini 7:50 PM - 20 June, 2012
thread jacker.
lmao
Joshua Carl 7:53 PM - 20 June, 2012
guilty.... but the ep has some relevance at points.
djpuma_gemini 7:56 PM - 20 June, 2012
The 304 DOES NOT DO COMPOSITE OUT. haha nice try Eloy
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:00 PM - 20 June, 2012
Just to keep everyone current heres where we,are at

i615.photobucket.com
djpuma_gemini 10:14 PM - 20 June, 2012
^lmao
djnak 10:18 PM - 20 June, 2012
Quote:
Just to keep everyone current heres where we,are at

i615.photobucket.com

hahahaha
nik39 10:39 PM - 20 June, 2012
Their vs they're. Stop making sence.
tomatoslice 11:44 PM - 20 June, 2012
their they're there, calm down!!
DJMark 11:49 PM - 20 June, 2012
Your making me dizzy with all you're nonsense.
Eloy Garcia 10:56 AM - 21 June, 2012
I am going to get you back Josh!!!! You will see, come July 14th!
djcrap 11:12 AM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:

Sence = sense
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:41 PM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Sence = sense

Cents
DJRemixEnt 2:55 PM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sence = sense

Cents

all yall are wrong... it's scents
nik39 3:14 PM - 21 June, 2012
50 Scents with Eleventeen Questions?
DJRemixEnt 3:39 PM - 21 June, 2012
naw... 50 Since...

this shits gettin old im gonna take a brake
skinnyguy 5:03 PM - 21 June, 2012
Ha! You spelled "olde" wrong.
DJRemixEnt 5:45 PM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
Ha! You spelled "olde" wrong.

no, ewe spelled it wrong
DJ'Que 5:51 PM - 21 June, 2012
Fixed since the last part wasn't in there.i23.photobucket.com
nik39 7:36 PM - 21 June, 2012
Quote:
Fixed since the last part wasn't in there.i23.photobucket.com

This looks like a fake! Where did you get that from?
djcrap 4:05 AM - 22 June, 2012
Quote:
naw... 50 Since...

brake = break
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:18 AM - 22 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
naw... 50 Since...

brake = break

me = broke!
tomatoslice 5:01 AM - 22 June, 2012
you brokeback!!
djnak 5:44 AM - 22 June, 2012
hahahahahaha
Niro 5:00 AM - 26 June, 2012
:)
Eloy Garcia 6:04 PM - 26 June, 2012
Niro I love your new pic! Very classeeee!
djpuma_gemini 6:05 PM - 26 June, 2012
That's hot.
skinnyguy 7:33 PM - 26 June, 2012
damn, niro looks sexy in his new pic.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:35 PM - 26 June, 2012
Quote:

This is where niro changes his pic to a crusty old dude lol
skinnyguy 8:32 PM - 26 June, 2012
hah
DJ DisGrace 2:56 PM - 1 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

This is where niro changes his pic to a crusty old dude lol

he tried that earlier and "someone" reported it
Niro 7:02 PM - 1 July, 2012
I think it was VJ DJ Eloy, that dude's a buster.
djpuma_gemini 7:19 PM - 1 July, 2012
lmao
Eloy Garcia 7:21 AM - 6 July, 2012
Quote:
I think it was VJ DJ Eloy, that dude's a buster.

LMFAO!!!!!
djpuma_gemini 5:02 PM - 6 July, 2012
^eloy sighting,
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:46 PM - 6 July, 2012
I wish the intro to video report was the jetsons theme with "meet josh carl....his boy eloy"
djpuma_gemini 7:59 PM - 6 July, 2012
lmao.
tomatoslice 1:13 AM - 7 July, 2012
Puma,

That avatar makes me hate you!!
djpuma_gemini 1:52 AM - 7 July, 2012
We Italians stick together
DouggyFresh 3:11 AM - 7 July, 2012
Wow, I wonder if I wanted to make a stable PC Video plug in, if I could get Serato code support too?

(runs and hides from Mac users)
DJ Unique 3:16 AM - 7 July, 2012
Quote:
We Italians stick each others behind

???
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:17 PM - 16 July, 2012
Hey everyone,

We've been in discussions with Nick from Inklen for a while now, and recently he stopped by the office so we could resolve the issue of Scratch Live and MixEmergency no longer working together. The outcome is that Serato still does not officially support MixEmergency, however we are happy for Inklen to get it working again with the newer versions of Scratch Live. Serato and Inklen will remain in close contact to ensure that should any more issues arise, we can quickly resolve them.

Inklen will announce separately the timeline for their next release, which will support the newer versions of Scratch Live and the new Rane mixers.

We know this will make a lot of our mutual customers happy, and look forward to moving forward with new releases of Scratch Live and MixEmergency.
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:20 PM - 16 July, 2012
YES!
Robb Royale 11:21 PM - 16 July, 2012
Quote:
Hey everyone,

We've been in discussions with Nick from Inklen for a while now, and recently he stopped by the office so we could resolve the issue of Scratch Live and MixEmergency no longer working together. The outcome is that Serato still does not officially support MixEmergency, however we are happy for Inklen to get it working again with the newer versions of Scratch Live. Serato and Inklen will remain in close contact to ensure that should any more issues arise, we can quickly resolve them.

Inklen will announce separately the timeline for their next release, which will support the newer versions of Scratch Live and the new Rane mixers.

We know this will make a lot of our mutual customers happy, and look forward to moving forward with new releases of Scratch Live and MixEmergency.

Y'all happy now? It's coming.....
popnwave 11:23 PM - 16 July, 2012
Wow, kudos to Serato for allowing some sort of middle ground.
djpuma_gemini 11:26 PM - 16 July, 2012
THanks Michael R.

We did it, we did it.
Ok Nick and Serato did it.

And to all the haters who were talking ish, please eat your words
sixxx 11:32 PM - 16 July, 2012
WOW. AWESOME!

I see a 62 (or 61) in my future.
Dj-Pyro 11:32 PM - 16 July, 2012
Haters? Where?
DJ Unique 11:37 PM - 16 July, 2012
Awesome news....
Soon I can permanently take my 62 out of the box and use it again.
And finally sell my 57SL.
popnwave 11:39 PM - 16 July, 2012
Quote:
WOW. AWESOME!

I see a 62 (or 61) in my future.

I'm tempted to say the same.. I finally got some hands on time with one and am ready to give up my DJM-800.
AKIEM 11:41 PM - 16 July, 2012
FUCK YEAH!
Culprit 12:22 AM - 17 July, 2012
Awesome sauce, i will be selling my 2 57's and getting a 62 now. Thank you SERATO, INKLEN & RANE, you have made my day :)
phatbob 12:56 AM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
Thank you SERATO, INKLEN & RANE, you have made my day :)

I have nothing to add to that. Thank you all.
Dj_Roger 12:59 AM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you SERATO, INKLEN & RANE, you have made my day :)

I have nothing to add to that. Thank you all.

+100000
Rebelguy 1:16 AM - 17 July, 2012
I predict an increase in Sixty Two sales over the next few weeks. Haha.
bboysupafly 1:56 AM - 17 July, 2012
This is freaking awesome!
slimmjimm 2:02 AM - 17 July, 2012
How do I tell my wife I need another new mixer now?
skinnyguy 2:08 AM - 17 July, 2012
u bastards. you've conspired to make me purchase a 62. i hate you all.
feniks 2:22 AM - 17 July, 2012
Wow. I guess Serato got tired of all the grumbling. Kudos to them....I guess.
Eloy Garcia 2:57 AM - 17 July, 2012
Thank you Serato!
tomatoslice 3:14 AM - 17 July, 2012
glad
DJ Tapout 3:32 AM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
Hey everyone,

+1111111111111111111
******THANK YOU*****
Dj Owe 3:37 AM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
Hey everyone,

About time. now i can go out and purchase a 62 mixer and get rid of my 4 year old 57 sl lol
djnak 4:28 AM - 17 July, 2012
anybody wanna buy a couple 57's?
djpuma_gemini 4:34 AM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
How do I tell my wife I need another new mixer now?

Don't just have a friend on fb say he's gonna put some leds on your mixer.
Same mixer new lights.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:39 AM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:

How much, if their cheap enough I might return this DJM-T1.........but then again I'm loving this thing, lol!!
Millz 5:33 AM - 17 July, 2012
The buttons on the 62 are still a fail to me. Maybe for the next gen of Rane mixers we will see buttons more like the Pioneer mixers and Novation dicers. The 62 is a bad ass mixer other than the buttons. Im glad to see Serato/Inklen moving forward and listening to its customers. Much respect and love for both :)
DJ Unique 5:45 AM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:

+ 1
Karl W 5:48 AM - 17 July, 2012
YAY!!!!
nik39 6:43 AM - 17 July, 2012
Thank you Serato!!!

I am hoping for an official partnership some time in the near future.

Also, since Serato Video uses the same technology in Itch will Mix emergency support Itch? That would be th3 killlllllah!
Millz 6:49 AM - 17 July, 2012
Nik, you should try it out ;) its nice
SeriousCyrus 7:02 AM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
Nik, you should try it out ;) its nice

It works with Itch? Damn work, can't check it out for 8 hours
skinnyguy 7:11 AM - 17 July, 2012
we should now make a petition for ME to work with itch
and another for ME to work on windows

or maybe just have ME work only with scratchlive on mac...

and only with itch on windows =P
djnak 7:18 AM - 17 July, 2012
windows WTF?
nik39 7:56 AM - 17 July, 2012
I don't care about Windows. But Itch is the future, IMHO!
tomatoslice 11:28 AM - 17 July, 2012
what is windows??
DjBoozie 12:17 PM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
what is windows??

those are the things in your house that allows you to look outside.. .Ain't it?
Dj Nyce 12:21 PM - 17 July, 2012
kudos for Serato for making this happen. a big shout outs to Nick/Inklen.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:20 PM - 17 July, 2012
The voice of the people was heard!
PopRoXxX 1:44 PM - 17 July, 2012
Can't wait to see all the hater jump in on this now. LOL! After the collaboration fact. hehehehehe!
XRM5 1:47 PM - 17 July, 2012
Bring on ME for Itch.

Then Itch users could have MIDI control for video, and I could buy a VCI-380.
Millz 3:06 PM - 17 July, 2012
try it see if it works lolz
JDforKing 3:51 PM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
try it see if it works lolz

i tried it, it didn't work
Maskrider 4:13 PM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
I don't care about Windows. But Itch is the future, IMHO!

Same here Nik...They should consider looking at ITCH as a potential market. Most of the Guys that are on SL has ITCH now.
Maskrider 4:15 PM - 17 July, 2012
If ME works with ITCH.....I'll get it the day it's released.
dpetree 5:23 PM - 17 July, 2012
It does not work with Itch and wont work with itch....

This is from Nik.. he posted that on his page
XRM5 5:33 PM - 17 July, 2012
That order might have come straight from Serato, part of the plan to make sure nothing about Itch is ever quite as good as Scratch Live.
nik39 5:46 PM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
It does not work with Itch and wont work with itch....

This is from Nik.. he posted that on his page

You mean "Nick" ;)
Culprit 5:56 PM - 17 July, 2012
I have itch, and if the agreement was to lock out itch to make it work with scratch live like an exclusive deal of some sort, I am ok with that, and wont support a petition to allow it.
Millz 6:57 PM - 17 July, 2012
LoL ok ;)
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:01 PM - 17 July, 2012
You itch bastidz are the reason it broke in the first place. Take you toys and go play elsewhere : P lol
DJ Unique 7:43 PM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
You itch bastidz are the reason it broke in the first place. Take you toys and go play elsewhere : P lol

HaHaHa...
bboysupafly 7:46 PM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:

+1 nice
DJ JT Stevens 8:19 PM - 17 July, 2012
When I logged in and saw that this thread had 50+ new messages I immediately hoped that this was the reason. Glad to see that my optimism didn't let me down, and big kudos to Serato and Inklen for making it happen.

Time to get a 62 now.
djpuma_gemini 8:38 PM - 17 July, 2012
Just tested 2.4 with ME in offline mode and it was great.
Had to install serato video, but that's fine with me.
skinnyguy 8:46 PM - 17 July, 2012
i had itch for a bit. pioneer controller. it was ok. scratchlive felt much better. and since i still wanted the controller, i went the denon 6000 route....which has midi for ME! i'm in a happier place now....well, until i get a 62.

bummed i might have to buy another coffin.....unless it can fit in my 57 odyssey glide coffin? maybe cut out the foam siding? coulda sworn someone did this....
Code:E 11:10 PM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
Thank you Serato!

thank you.
WarpNote 11:15 PM - 17 July, 2012
Great news!!
Code:E 11:16 PM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
Thank you Serato!!!

I am hoping for an official partnership some time in the near future.

Also, since Serato Video uses the same technology in Itch will Mix emergency support Itch? That would be th3 killlllllah!

That would be sweet.
Joshua Carl 2:22 AM - 18 July, 2012
Thank you very much Michael, give my best and hearty thanks to the crew down there!
Blind Method 11:13 AM - 18 July, 2012
That just took me over an hour to read.

Good that it made the topic hot and got two major players in the industry to speak up and make moves.

Bad that I could have just read that last few posts to get the info I needed.

P.S.

VJ Justin Allen is hilarious. Such a sh*t disturber. And also completely contradictory. He says that he doesn't attack anyone individually but I saw several shots such as below. I know most were retaliations, but you got to stick to your word.

Quote:

Happy bashing everyone! ...LMAO

P.P.S.

Joshua Carl's video report is pretty bomb. Also it helped me a lot with Video Overlay options :)
Henry GQ 2:46 AM - 20 July, 2012
wow! thank you Serato! this is great news! unfortunately i have 2 grand laying around. i was gonna buy a QSC kw-181 and some lights..., now im like? buy the mixer or? do whats right for my wedding biz lol

fuck my life.
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:38 AM - 20 July, 2012
sell 68
KW181 + lights
djpuma_gemini 4:07 AM - 20 July, 2012
Quote:
sell 68
KW181 + lights

+1
skinnyguy 8:36 AM - 20 July, 2012
i'm in the same boat as henry....but i'm def gettin one by the end of the year. got some other toys to buy first.....err...equipment to invest in.
Henry GQ 7:39 PM - 20 July, 2012
this is great news! i mean.. i gotta get this sub for a big wedding im doing here in august. plus some wireless mics for ceremony stuff. also.. some tiny ass sparkles. i need all this stuff before i need a mixer. but i think at the end of august i might have to step my game up!
skinnyguy 7:56 PM - 20 July, 2012
ass sparkles? omg...
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:37 PM - 20 July, 2012
Lmmfao!!
Henry GQ 5:40 PM - 21 July, 2012
lol. nice. its just mood lighting. u dont know how i do it. but its sharp as fuck :)
i kinda use it as an uplighting feature. i have 2 but want 4, i know its a cheap light.. but still very effective
Dj Ace 5:57 AM - 22 July, 2012
Henry you have a link to the ass sparkle lights? LOL
Dj Ace 5:57 AM - 22 July, 2012
seriously wanna know what your using...
tomatoslice 7:06 AM - 22 July, 2012
blisslight 15s are ass sparkle
Henry GQ 7:17 PM - 22 July, 2012
Dj Ace 4:25 AM - 23 July, 2012
Thanks...LOL
skinnyguy 9:15 AM - 23 July, 2012
.....I don't wanna know how you attach those...

=P