Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Saving Serato Vol 1

djchrischip 7:05 AM - 24 March, 2012
Rane Sixty Eight

1. Better soft, and responsive buttons all around
2. Magnetic Channel Faders with adjustable tension and INDIVIDUAL Contour Curve Control
3. Center the Channel Strips- Right now they r off center and it bothers the shit out of me
4. 3 Band EQ for the mic channels
5. More LEDs in the PFL Meters- Right now its a bit hard to 'fine tune' Instead of the 7 LEDs/ Channel (5 Green, 2 Yellow, 1 Red) make it 15 LEDs/ Channel (10 Green, 4 Yellow, 1 Red)... STILL KEEP CURRENT IDIOT PROOF WONDERFUL GAIN STRUCTURE, Just add the LEDS
6. Better More Intuitive Effects- Be able to lock out parameters we will never use such as 1/2 beat flanger ( I personally would only leave 8 or 16 beat flangers available maybe a 4 beat one if that. same goes with phasers etc.
7. Better Sounding Effects engines- Filters to sound as good as A&H, Flanger to sound better than PIO, etc.
8. More Effects- Pio has 13 on Board, why do we only have 6... I really want to know.... I don't want to ever rely on computer taxing software effects ever, and we should out do the competition
9. Sound Color Effects- Expand on the channel filter and offer a bit crusher and the other 2 pio effects
10. bring Back mixtape
11. Ability to route the SP6 Sampler to the 'Main' Output = Post fader perhaps even? EX. route to ch. 1,2,3,4, CF A, CF B, SESSION IN, MIC 1, MIC 2, MAIN

This will perfect the Mixer in my eyes, Its already starting off dope, just looks and feels a bit rushed and now has stiff competition with the pio 850, 900
I would pay $2800 for this mixer for sure, $3200 if they call it the rane 69 (immature plug)

Serato (as a program)
1. Ability to go back to the old GUI (one with round PFL in Program Meters- this is 3/4 the reason I never wanted to upgrade past 1.9.2)
2. Stability I heard after 2.0 stability became a problem- this is no bueno and hurt consumer and long time customer confidence
3. Ability to turn off features we don't want (think this is possible already- just hope even with them turned off they don't tax on system performance)
4. Off line library management plug in (duplicate detection, mixed in key, play count detector, album art finder, auto tagging, audio vs video library scanner~ tool that sees if u played an audio track with no video of a similar name in library and crates it, etc. got 99 thousand ideas) $150/ plug in value
5. multi column sorting EX- SORT primarily and 1st by BPM, Then by Key, Then By user preference (artist alphabetical order, genre, track length, whatever)
6. many more but I am tired... but basically make sure us with large (over 2 TB libraries) still can use it with so so macbook Pros

Video
1. Take the best features of VSL that everyone liked, combine them with the best features of Mix Emergency and then put them together and try and get them to run right

Bridge
1. Bring back Mixtape
2. Have a user tutorial program that explains ableton and serato and just really like an idiot proof crash course available online $350/ person value
djchrischip 7:08 AM - 24 March, 2012
Shameless plug to my old library management thread serato.com
MACA 7:24 AM - 25 March, 2012
+1
specially the "Off line library management plug in (duplicate detection!)
shouldn´t be too hard..checking same names or waveforms..
put em in a folder/crate..

i also mentioned a "Corrupted" Folder/Crate once,in which ALL Files end up that are analyzed as "corrupted"..so you can easily find and deleted them or repair them.
So NOT ONE user has a single "corrupt" file on his harddrive that could cause problems.

Sorry for my bad english...
djchrischip 3:20 PM - 25 March, 2012
@maca check out that link I posted
Dr0p 5:56 PM - 25 April, 2012
Good news! 5 + 2 + 1 = 8 so you gained an extra LED just by doing some simple math!!
djchrischip 5:31 PM - 29 April, 2012
lol @ drop... ya u got me there lol
Dr0p 5:44 AM - 1 May, 2012
;-)
djchrischip 8:08 PM - 4 May, 2012
what do you think at some of the other ideas?
djchrischip 5:01 AM - 15 May, 2012
bump
nik39 9:08 AM - 15 May, 2012
Quote:
Bridge
1. Bring back Mixtape

It has been added now for the 61+62.
serato.com
djchrischip 5:06 PM - 15 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Bridge
1. Bring back Mixtape

It has been added now for the 61+62.
serato.com

i saw I m so happy that they r listening again... now get to work on the rest :)
djchrischip 6:50 PM - 5 November, 2012
LIBRARY MANAGEMENT PLUG IN

1. For Serato Library Duplicates: let's create a program like dougscripts.com
Have it follow the Serato GUI, and instead of the the "replaylist tool" have a "re-crate tool)

2. Key Detection built in to the overview process

3. Album Art Detection via the internet (I think there is a 3rd party plugin online available- have this built in to the plug in~ make it able to be turned on and off)

4. Tagging Program built in to the App

That would be the start :)
djkrayz 11:27 PM - 5 November, 2012
+99 on better sfx! i was dissapointed with the very basic sfx that are on the 62 mixer when i first got it, i wish there were more available on the mixer not only in the software. what if i wanted to spin some vinly or was playing with cdjs and a usb drive, i am limited to some very basic sfx. i really hate the robot sfx, i wish there could have been something more useful such as stutter, time stretch, or bit crush.
djchrischip 3:11 PM - 6 November, 2012
I hear you... Just really am hoping first that Serato helps bring together an offline library management app that would help me 1000000000 percent :)

LIBRARY MANAGEMENT PLUG IN

1. For Serato Library Duplicates: let's create a program like dougscripts.com
Have it follow the Serato GUI, and instead of the the "replaylist tool" have a "re-crate tool)

2. Key Detection built in to the overview process

3. Album Art Detection via the internet (I think there is a 3rd party plugin online available- have this built in to the plug in~ make it able to be turned on and off)

4. Tagging Program built in to the App

That would be the start :)

ORIGINAL THREAD: serato.com