DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

2010 Sources of Music MP3 and Hardcopy

DJChad72 1:22 AM - 6 August, 2010
Serato Moderators: requested in 6 year old Sticky Thread "Legal Sources of MP3", this a brand new thread with updated and confirmed valid links. Could you please give this new thread "ALWAYS ON TOP" standing? It would be great if I could edit this first post as new links are disproved or added. That way links stay at top of the thread. Users can "control+F" to search for commentary on any service/link.

Serato-ites: I have filtered through the 2010 posts from the legacy thread, categorized, rolled them up below. I have made sure these sites are active; however I have not legally investigated each and every one. So please do your share of research. I also pulled in all the candidates for "best record pool" and "retailers" from the International Dance Music Awards 2010 website. I also added some trade sites for new DJ's that may provide industry news, as well as other and new/emerging sites and sources.

If anyone finds additional sites, believes any any of the below are ILLEGAL, or have commentary on customer service, pricing, quality of content, please post below! Most of all ENJOY!!!!! I hope it is helpful!

RECORD POOL/MEMBERSHIP BASED SERVICES (Hard Copy and MP3):
www.idjpool.com
www.zipdj.com (Canada and USA)
www.dancekings.com (USA)
www.breakzrus.com
www.latenightrecordpool.com
www.junodownload.com
www.directmusicservice.com
www.djcity.com
www.podds.ca (Canada Only)
www.i12inch.com
www.franchiserecordpool.com
www.promoonly.com
www.ergmusic.com
www.xmix.com
www.mypromopool.com
www.armadadjpool.com (says membership is full)
www.promoone.com

ONLINE RETAILERS/PAY PER CONTENT (Hardcopy and MP3):
www.beatport.com
www.amazonmp3.com
www.amazon.com
www.perfectbeat.com
www.satelliterecords.com
www.masterbeat.com
www.audiojelly.com
www.djdownload.com
www.traxsource.com
www.cytopia.org
www.itunes.com
www.fye.com
www.hmvdigital.com
www.amoeba.com

House/Dance Labels SItes (With Store):
www.systemrecordings.com
www.hedkandi.com
www.astralwerks.com
www.star69records.com

INDUSTRY and TRADE SITES: (May have advertisements for other sources/pools.)
www.weddingwire.com
www.djtimes.com
www.remix.com
www.dance.com
www.recordpools.com
www.wintermusicconference.com
mixonline.com
ninos 5:37 AM - 6 August, 2010
+1
DJDeluchi 7:20 AM - 6 August, 2010
deserves a sticky
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:32 AM - 6 August, 2010
Good job Chad, glad somebody stepped up and ran with the ball! Hopefully the mods will replace the old OUTDATED LEGACY STICKY which was here:

Legal Sources of Mp3's: scratchlive.net

and make this the new Sticky (hint, hint)...

I wonder if we all hit report as in a VOTE can we get it made a sticky - LOL. Is report always bad?
djbanno 11:45 AM - 6 August, 2010
Quote:
I wonder if we all hit report as in a VOTE can we get it made a sticky
Audio1 7:14 PM - 6 August, 2010
I hope this thread eliminates 99% of newbies who posts "Where can I download new music from?" posts.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:14 PM - 6 August, 2010
Quote:
I hope this thread eliminates 99% of newbies who posts "Where can I download new music from?" posts.

are you kidding theyll post that IN this thread
DJChad72 7:23 PM - 6 August, 2010
Well to be fair the old thread was 5yrs old and 1600+ messages long. It didn't makebit difficult and a lot of the early links were no longer working. A thread is difficult to read when its that old and long. It would be great if one could edit the first post so that all the links are there in 1 spot. Much more manageable. If what you looking for isn't there then its time to hit the Google highway! Lol
Audio1 7:24 PM - 6 August, 2010
Maybe it should become a Sticky & Locked thread... Should be revised possibly once a year or members can contact a mod in case websites get changed...
a DJ 4:34 AM - 7 August, 2010
Very nice, thanks
a DJ 6:13 AM - 11 August, 2010
Is cicana legal now? This should really be stickied
a DJ 6:46 AM - 11 August, 2010
what about crateconnect? Is that legal now too?
Dj BuddyLove 2:08 AM - 14 August, 2010
Quote:

I wonder if we all hit report as in a VOTE can we get it made a sticky - LOL. Is report always bad?

reported +1

posted in the wrong area..

quote:

needs to be sticky
Dj BuddyLove 2:13 AM - 14 August, 2010
Ohhh BTW:
Chad sorry to say you missed a ton of sites..
but thanks
DJChad72 2:36 AM - 14 August, 2010
Yes, there was a lot to go through. I went through many of the pre-2010 sites and most were coming up "not found" or something like that. So I cut to the chase and went to the most recent sites. I figure the above is enough to get people started. There were also many where there was alot of commentary about the sites shared as blatantly being illegal. So I omitted those as well as they did look illegal.

I obviously could have done better, but I figured if these sites aren't enough then they are looking for the illegal sites we do not want listed here. :) That is what GOOGLE is for.
djpuma_gemini 3:30 AM - 14 August, 2010
he's got the pools I use so were straight.
spirez 10:08 AM - 14 August, 2010
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:37 PM - 14 August, 2010
Quote:
he's got the pools I use so were straight.

Yep, seems like he hit the ones mentioned most here. Great start.
Tunecrew 2:58 AM - 16 August, 2010
junodownload has a pool????
DJChad72 3:14 AM - 16 August, 2010
sorry, that should be under stores. I saw DJ charts and saw what must have been and add for a monthly recurring fee. But it looks to clearly to be a store.

I do like how their pricing is tiered at 192, 320 and WAV.
El Panch 3:22 AM - 16 August, 2010
This is excellent
DJChad72 3:36 AM - 16 August, 2010
a few of my friends use MassPool. I have no idea if it is legit, but was told by someone that they got a Promo Only CD copied onto a CD-R from them as part of their monthly subscription for physical content.

No way of knowing if it is legit or not... but you would think a site like this could be taken down pretty quickly.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 3:41 AM - 16 August, 2010
1st !
DJChad72 3:43 AM - 16 August, 2010
okay, ill bite, what does 1st mean? lol
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:30 AM - 16 August, 2010
Quote:
a few of my friends use MassPool. I have no idea if it is legit, but was told by someone that they got a Promo Only CD copied onto a CD-R from them as part of their monthly subscription for physical content.

No way of knowing if it is legit or not... but you would think a site like this could be taken down pretty quickly.

I think MassPool www.masspool.com was a traditional vinyl pool from back in the day when I was heavily involved with Record Pools, so he should be legit. Maybe he is keeping up with the switch to digital however he can to keep his members happy.
Dj Nyce 6:22 PM - 16 August, 2010
DJChad72 10:30 PM - 16 August, 2010
Just fyi, people are posting links to sites that are already listed above. Are you meaning to endorse them as good? Legal? Etc?
Dj Nyce 1:10 AM - 17 August, 2010
oops. sorry about the double post. ergmusic is a dupe. the rest are not tho.
sj_gregory 11:05 AM - 20 August, 2010
For UK and Europe:
www.cdpool.com (Hardcopy)
www.cdpooldigital.com (MP3)
Dance Label
www.defected.com (MP3 and Hardcopy)
DJ Bushido 7:41 PM - 20 August, 2010
Thanks
DJ GOOK 3:52 PM - 3 September, 2010
I just joined i12inch and when i downloaded some songs, when i looked at it in the download manager it had a e(internet explorer) but no music
djpuma_gemini 10:26 PM - 3 September, 2010
i12inch has been good so far. No issues downloading. Try firefox
DJ GOOK 11:08 PM - 3 September, 2010
thats what they told me and it works now
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 8:41 AM - 6 September, 2010
35th !
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:01 PM - 6 September, 2010
This is not a advertisement but a observation (update)....

One of the big drawbacks of www.iDJPool.com was that it was FTP transfer and didn't offer a way to preview the massive amounts of tracks that were offered up. You had to download/delete or know the track.

The latest version of Transmit 4.0 (Mac Only) which comes FREE with your pool membership offers server side Previews (Quicklook) just like the Mac Finder. Click the track once - hit the space bar - give the track a chance to load (tells you seconds left at bottom of window) and listen WITHOUT DOWNLOADING.

It is just slightly quicker than downloading the whole track outright but great considering you usually have 4-7 variations of most tracks (dirty, clean, inst, acca, dj intro, dj outro, bonus beat) and you need to know if track is worth downloading.
djdannyd 6:07 PM - 7 September, 2010
I wouldn't say it's a drawback, I don't mind doing the FTP transfer and then, offline, taking the time and going through the tracks even if there's 4-6 song variations.
Will08272 4:26 AM - 8 September, 2010
7digital.com is my one of my go to sites. I prefer it over iTunes and amazon. The selection may not be as big as iTunes or amazon but the pricing on alot of songs and albums are cheaper and I think just about every single new release is in 320 kbps CBR. And alot of older songs and albums atleast the ones I bought have all been 320.
DJ Pee 6:20 PM - 11 September, 2010
Guys does any1 know a site that offers south african house music. its big in the uk since the world cup but i've searched far & wide and cant get ma hands on it.
any help is appreciated
DJ Pee 6:23 PM - 11 September, 2010
Quote:
Guys does any1 know a site that offers south african house music. its big in the uk since the world cup but i've searched far & wide and cant get ma hands on it.
any help is appreciated

Google is my friend ..... found one.....www.afrodesiamp3.com
DJ Pee 6:28 PM - 11 September, 2010
any help is appreciated
djdannyd 6:31 PM - 11 September, 2010
Quote:
Google is your friend .....
Dj BuddyLove 11:35 AM - 16 September, 2010
DjDanik 6:51 PM - 20 September, 2010
does anyone know a site where i can get scratch samples? thanks!
Dj BuddyLove 8:00 PM - 20 September, 2010
Quote:
does anyone know a site where i can get scratch samples? thanks!

lmgtfy.com
2Cuchi 12:04 AM - 21 September, 2010
^ Classic LoL
DJChad72 4:21 AM - 21 September, 2010
That made me smile after a very technically challenged day! I lost my entire calendar at work, my laptop would not connect to the network, and the help desk could do nothing to help. It is a good thing I work in IT. ugh!
bill-e 4:17 AM - 5 October, 2010
thoroughly impressed with dj city...however i'm still open for some other pools
easydays 1:30 PM - 6 October, 2010
whitelabel.net
SeriousCyrus 11:50 AM - 8 October, 2010
I get most of my stuff from Bleep, good selection with a lot of new, leftfield and experimental stuff available.

Does both digital (MP3, .WAV, FLAC and now 24 bit WAV) and hardcopy (Vinyl, CD)

www.bleep.com
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:58 AM - 8 October, 2010
Downtown 304. House disco, White Labels, Edits, Hip Hop, Classics, Represses. Hard Copy only www.downtown304.com
DJTMIX 10:38 PM - 17 October, 2010
Hey , i'm a new dj....don't have help... can someone tell me the name of the transformer scrath song and how can I get it.
DJChad72 3:08 AM - 18 October, 2010
www.google.com

Is this what you mean? Or is it a song from the original cartoon, movies, etccc? Very confused. Lol
DJ Pee 3:54 PM - 28 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Google is your friend .....

google to the world
Hot Soup 9:21 PM - 28 October, 2010
www.beatsdigital.com for a good assortment of niche music centralized in the UK.
Phuture2 1:49 AM - 29 October, 2010
zipdj, capp records,deet productions,promo only
JonLangford 10:08 AM - 31 October, 2010
DJ Dac 10:20 PM - 4 November, 2010
has anyone bought off of www.gomusicnow.com songs are either 9-15 cents, quality seems to be anywhere from 190kbps to 320
dj_clinton 9:26 AM - 5 November, 2010
oops on the one link :)
DJChad72 12:04 AM - 7 November, 2010
Quote:
has anyone bought off of www.gomusicnow.com songs are either 9-15 cents, quality seems to be anywhere from 190kbps to 320

Hi Dac,

As a personal rule of thumb, if they do not have an "info"; "about us" ; "company" type link.... then it is not a legal site. If they do not publish who they are, where their offices are located, what countries/regions they support, etc... then they are not legit. They are trying to keep "the feds" from finding them to take the site down.

Like I said this is how personal code of conduct when buying online for music (as well as anything.)

Clinton and all, feel free to add VDJ friendly links. Just make sure you are indicating if it is hard copy, soft copy/download, and if they carry audio only, video only, or both. That way people can quickly direct themselves to the right sites here. :)
DJ Dac 8:25 PM - 7 November, 2010
Chad, i agree, i subscribe to djcity, so i can pretty much get whatever i want there, but there's a few old school things on there, but its at 190kbps... i saw someone posted it on djforums.com but never heard anyone bring it up here. but yeah, that site seemed super sketchy...
DJ Deebar 10:11 PM - 9 November, 2010
Need help here. where I can get music for my remixing?
DJ Dac 10:13 PM - 9 November, 2010
djcity has a ton of intros/accapellas, if you need those that would be your most cost effective option i would think...
DJ Deebar 10:33 PM - 9 November, 2010
@DJ Dac: Thanks! let me check it out.. well hope there's a lot of tons of music I can use.. :D
DJ Dac 10:40 PM - 9 November, 2010
you can search what they have before you sign up
DJ Deebar 11:06 PM - 9 November, 2010
Normally, how much it cost for us to subscribe?
DJ Dac 11:29 PM - 9 November, 2010
30 a month, need to sign up for 3 months a time, so 90 every three months...
DJ Deebar 12:38 AM - 10 November, 2010
Let me check that out. thanks.. :D
marioperez23 4:51 AM - 10 November, 2010
gigacrate.com u just have to be a member and leave some feed back.
DJ Deebar 5:16 PM - 10 November, 2010
Whoa! thanks for the support guys.. I'm just compiling music now for me to be prepared for a party.
DJReign68 6:40 AM - 17 November, 2010
9inchremix.com is a really good site too!
DJ ARMP!T 7:00 AM - 28 November, 2010
djdannyd 7:21 AM - 28 November, 2010

very limited downloads
Caliber 3:27 AM - 7 December, 2010
any good record pool to get old dancehall and reggae. have a lot of stuff recorded from vinyl but was fooled back then by ripping to 128kbps to play with pcdj on a desktop because crates are to heavy. Or do I just have to continue getting old reggae and dancehall from itunes.
djpuma_gemini 3:39 PM - 14 December, 2010
Take a look at i12inch, Crooklyn Clans record pool. I've gotten a lot of stuff from them.

Not sure about old dancehall, but their search function is great.
DJ Bushido 9:40 PM - 19 December, 2010
Quote:
Take a look at i12inch, Crooklyn Clans record pool. I've gotten a lot of stuff from them.

Not sure about old dancehall, but their search function is great.

I am thinkin of getting that Service, what level did you sign up for?
djpuma_gemini 5:35 AM - 20 December, 2010
1 year.
DJSEB 10:08 PM - 21 December, 2010
I get my trance and progressive music from itunes and beatport.
I'm looking for mp3pool website so I can get old&new hip-hop with intros, remixes etc...

So out of 4-5 mp3pools : Franchise Record Pool, DJCity, DMS, 8thwonder, iDJpool; which one would you recommend?

Thanks.
DJ Bushido 10:13 PM - 21 December, 2010
I like DJCity, and Digital waxx service. granted DJcity you pay for. but Digital Waxx you give your input. plus it is free. just sign up and wait. but they will get back to you.
DJChad72 10:58 PM - 21 December, 2010
The only thing I would add on with the arrangements where you need to provide your input, you need to be serious about wanting to take on the responsibility. You may be able to get by for a while with leaving generic non constructive feedback; however after a while most sites are going to call you out on it..... and possibly cut you off if you are just library building.

Record Labels depend on this feedback as it helps them determine if they should go to print on a release and if so, how many copies... or if they should look at more remixes, etc... This works for the DJ community by helping labels determine if they should not over invest in a track.... which leaves more money in their capital budget for the next project that year. Which inturn gives us more meaningful content!
DJ Bushido 12:33 AM - 23 December, 2010
@DJChad72
Yes I agree, Digital Waxx as being free request feedback before you can download. much so to fill out then any other Site.

DJ City has the Same thing granted it is a paid Service, but more simple Feedback.
drunkenbboy 4:59 AM - 6 January, 2011
I'm not trying to be lazy and not do my research but would anyone recommended the BEST website to get "instrumentals" of hip hop/rap tracks that are NOT available on whitelabel.net? They have them on amazon.com but they sound "karaoke" and are not the real instrumental. Thanks for your help.

If any one wants recommendations for electronic dance music like progressive & trance, I would have to highly recommend www.audiojelly.com. Yes, you do have to pay per track but you can find almost everything and the tracks are highly quality 320kps and unmixed. I used my credit card to buy a few tracks and the website is legit.
JonLangford 7:01 PM - 7 January, 2011
audiojelly is well known so you should have no worries that its not "legit"...

www.beatport.com, www.junodownload.com and www.trackitdown.net are all great for 4x4 electronic music, specifically prog, techno, trance, house, minimal and electro too

My preference is WAV file so audiojelly rarely gets my attention unless they have something i am really after
JonLangford 7:01 PM - 7 January, 2011
sorry, i can't help with hip-hop instrumentals
TJ56 9:57 AM - 10 January, 2011
i've bought from this site before.

www.djtunes.com
Robert W 8:56 AM - 31 January, 2011
I agree. As a hiphop DJ it's important to have instrumental versions of each of your songs. However, if you cant find the songs instrumental. you maybe able to just loop the intro beat if it's clear of any vocals. Those are more of the sites im looking for that offer instrumental versions of the songs i need. Accapellas are good too for remixing in Acid Pro and playing your own remix at the gig.
DJChad72 12:12 AM - 1 February, 2011
You can also take a loop and replicate in many applications, extend it and merge with other loops... export as MP3 or WAV. Add it to your iTunes/ITCH library and you have what you need to loop off of, jump to cue points, etc...
DJ Southern 7:58 PM - 1 February, 2011
I loop the beginning of the track if I don't have an instrumental.

Speaking of instrumentals. Do u guys know where I can find that Meet me in the tunnel instrumental by Yo Gotti. That song sets everybody off.
djcurse1 4:46 PM - 15 February, 2011
i found this website for Hip Hop instumentals called hipstrumental.com. i was bumpin around on the site saw every hip hop, r&b, oldskool, rock etc....
However when you get ready to download one of their albums (like 20 songs or so) or single tracks. it redirects you to a linkbucks site. i have a computer Geek friend (not really a geek just real smart) and he had told me that most websites that use link bucks are bad when it comes to phishing and viruses, but there are a few that are LEGIT.

Has any one else used this site and not had any issues?
Dj BuddyLove 8:12 PM - 15 February, 2011
Quote:
i found this website for Hip Hop instumentals called hipstrumental.com. i was bumpin around on the site saw every hip hop, r&b, oldskool, rock etc....
However when you get ready to download one of their albums (like 20 songs or so) or single tracks. it redirects you to a linkbucks site. i have a computer Geek friend (not really a geek just real smart) and he had told me that most websites that use link bucks are bad when it comes to phishing and viruses, but there are a few that are LEGIT.

Has any one else used this site and not had any issues?

i dont think its used for phishing and viruses. but they use it to get paid thru linking you through it so they can advertise to you and send you to their (not legal download link)
so this site is def not legal..ive checked it out
djcurse1 9:47 PM - 15 February, 2011
thanks BLove
Free Man 8:25 PM - 18 February, 2011
Does anyone notice that any site seems faster to download from? some seem slow.
Dreamtank 4:14 PM - 11 March, 2011
hey everyone, great thread! learned alot just reading everyone's feedback. i'd love to contribute:

noticed alot of people looking for urban instrumentals.. one of the sites i use is www.hiphop-instrumentals.com .. its hit or miss with respect to quality but there's a pretty decent selection! also free. :)

another favorite of mine is zipDJ.com .. i'm actually a paid member with them and think their selection is really the most well-rounded and most actively supplied by the music labels (they partner with a crazy 600+ major + indie labels or something), compared to a few other pools i've toured.. they have intro/outro mixes,clean, dirty mixes. i've found i really need to log in at least every other day to keep up with the music feed. check em out!

hope this helps! cheers-
drunkenbboy 5:40 PM - 13 March, 2011
Dreamtank, thanks for sharing. i know exactly what you mean by "hit or miss" in terms of the sound quality. i just tried one myself and the sound quality wasn't high for the instrumental i was looking for. of course it's better than nothing. did you ever encounter any problems with that website in terms of viruses? is it safe to use? i'm afraid of getting a virus using that website. One way/my last resort of getting instrumentals is converting a youtube file to a mp3. Go to this link www.youtube-mp3.org and cut and paste your link you got from youtube.com. i must stress that you should try to find the highest quality on youtube. the higher the sound quality the better your mp3 file will sound. again, it's a hit or miss as well. hope this helps for everyone.
Dreamtank 7:37 PM - 13 March, 2011
@drunkenbboy, I haven't had any issues with viruses on hiphop-instrumentals.. The site has actually been around for quite a few years so I'm sure the guys managing it are keeping things legit. Just make sure you're running anti-virus SW with the latest updates and you should be good!

BTW, just logged into zipDJ and noticed they added a few new instrumentals themselves.. they're for newer tracks (Nicki Minaj - Monster, Fabolous - You Be Killin Em, amongst a few others) so not sure if that helps you out.. They're also in 320kbps which is awesome of course. Benefits of paying a little to receive a lot!

Cheers!
drunkenbboy 9:43 PM - 13 March, 2011
dreamtanks, thanks for sharing for knowledge. yes, thankfully my computer is equipped with norton anti-virus but i want to be on the safe side! i'm just trying to discover more sites because there have been a lack of good releases for this year so far on whitelabel. is zipdj a paid membership monthly (how much?) or pay per track? thanks bro.
Dreamtank 12:57 AM - 14 March, 2011
no worries man! glad to help..especially here.. the serato community is tight!

zipdj is a paid membership..you can do monthly but they also have other options to buy for 3 mths, 6 mths, etc. i personally signed up for 1 year (420 bucks i think it was?). made that back in 1 gig (and then some).. so pretty good value there i think. but like i said always good to dip in multiple sources.

its unlimited downloading over there which is awesome. batch downloading too = u can go thru their collection, pick all the songs/mixes u want, then download them all in 1 zip file. badass.

good luck!
DJ Bushido 2:53 AM - 14 March, 2011
@drunkenboy @Dreamtank
Firefox has a Plugin for Downloading Youtube Video and MP3 at high quality. yet again you are right you have to find high quality first.
DJChad72 8:49 PM - 14 March, 2011
That capability does exist however I would not consider that as a legal method of obtaining content for professional DJ or VJ use. If the work is not under copywrite and/or you have written permission from the author, this should be a safe way to obtain. However if you have contact and permission from the author, then you should not need this trick.

I know it's there and it's great to point it out for special circumstances however remember the point of this thread is to share legitimate and legal methods of obtaining content. The Serato user rules are also very clear about not posting information that is of a non legal nature.

Just trying to keep this thread pure of its intent... help people get connected to legitimate content sources. The
Dreamtank 8:54 PM - 14 March, 2011
Completely agree with DJChad72. :)
methodman7979 1:59 AM - 1 April, 2011
This is great help but can i find out what sites have Spanish?? Cumbias, Nortenos, Rancherias, Banda
Dreamtank 2:41 PM - 1 April, 2011
@methodman7979, zipDJ.com has a pretty big selection in their Latin category.. although i don't play much of it so couldn't tell you exactly how GOOD their collection is.

they do offer a free tour for new members tho so it wouldnt hurt to sign up.. they can be pretty strict on who gets approved, but assuming you're a pro dj you shouldnt have any problems.

www.zipdj.com

gluck!
DJChad72 5:58 PM - 1 April, 2011
agree. ZipDJ and Dixie Dance Kings are my two sources. I rarely find myself browsing a record store online (ie Beatport, Perfectbeat, or iTunes) needing more content.

I have been with DDK for a long time (maybe 8 or 9 years now) and my rate is very good. So I cant quote you my rate. But I get slot from their physically shipped and advance download distribution methods. You also get alot of opportunity to work with labels direction on CD release parties. It is a great way to impress your new club managers when you can bring them a bunch of free materials and the right to put David Guetta or Swedish House Mafia on their weekly/monthly billboard.

ZIP DJ I have been with for 2 years, but they are AWESOME. You get alot of content from them... and alot of import at that (which would be $$$$$ to buy as singles on your own.) So it saves you a ton at 1 monthly or yearly price. They offer specials alot too - $100 off a yearly for example.

The thing about these two services is that they are feedback and chart based. So you will get ALOT of content to choose from; however you have to give a little to get a little. :)

Also, any service that does not require feedback always makes me skeptical that they have the rights to distribute that content. The labels always want something in return, feedback, charts, something... Maybe the distributors have decided to save themselves the headaches of collecting the output back from the members and just given a committee based internal response? Who knows. However I tend to NOT trust those that just give for a fee. no feedback or charts.
DJ Mario D 9:23 PM - 2 April, 2011
Basically ZIP DJ is the best way to?
DJChad72 9:59 PM - 2 April, 2011
I cant say I have tried a many for DJ's only websites. However compared to the ones I have seen like Masspool, the ZipDJ web user interface is second to none. I think it is even easier than Beatport. You can queue up tracks to listen to, preview real time, feedback system is easy to use, and their search and filter functions make it so easy to keep current.

I log in, Filter on HOUSE, an indicator called "new" shows what is new since my last log in, and then I catch myself up to current. I re-filter on DANCE and follow the "new" from oldest to newest and I am caught up.

About every 2 weeks you have to submit a Top 10 chart before you can proceed into the selection. It shows you the chart from last time; however you have to build a new chart (no copy or editing.) However the search and filter to find and build your chart is easy. It never takes me more than 5 minutes to put my newest chart together.
DJ Mario D 11:02 PM - 2 April, 2011
That is interesting; Did you ever use www.i12inch.com and if so whats you opinion on their system and service... What I find interesting and maybe useful is the colored Q-Points to mark the beats and pre-set loops for mixing..
DJChad72 11:26 PM - 2 April, 2011
With Serato?
DJChad72 11:27 PM - 2 April, 2011
PS. And no I have not used it but that sounds cool.
DJ Mario D 11:27 PM - 2 April, 2011
Yes sir..
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 11:54 PM - 2 April, 2011
Quote:
That is interesting; Did you ever use www.i12inch.com and if so whats you opinion on their system and service... What I find interesting and maybe useful is the colored Q-Points to mark the beats and pre-set loops for mixing..

www.i12inch.com is pretty cool - kinda like a mash up of itunes and a "real pool" - instead of paying a monthly fee - you buy a block of credits and use those to pick and choose and buy tunes a'la'arte. Serato ready with cue points is a plus too (hmmm haven't seen loops but i12inch is not my primary pool(s) - 3rd choice after www.idjpool.com and www.latenightrecordpool.com).
Dj F's 8:57 PM - 5 April, 2011
8thwondercdpool.com ???
DJ George Tsakiris 9:17 PM - 5 April, 2011
that website sucks.. The search is terrible, and they don't have originals of older stuff. That's what you get for paying 12.99 a month, shit.

mymp3pool
beatport
crooklynclan
crack4Dj's
DJ Mario D 6:32 PM - 9 May, 2011
does anyone know of a good website for karaoke subscription??
DJ SKITZ T.O 7:18 AM - 19 May, 2011
ANY ONE HAVE A LINK TO THIS REMIX CAN U RE-POST IT

Lionel Richie - All Night Long (israel lebron edit)
idigitalpunki 4:07 AM - 21 May, 2011
Anyone know where i can get high quality 80's and 90's music?
DJ BIG MARV 10:11 PM - 23 May, 2011
free download

www.mixcrate.com
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:52 AM - 24 May, 2011
Quote:
free download

www.mixcrate.com

U thread jack Construc's thread and then post it here too....

You know there is a Post Your Mix Here Thread...

serato.com
marcA 3:38 PM - 25 May, 2011
if someone wants the ZipDJ files downloaded in a zip :) renamed, i made a small rename tool (only windows) that strips the numbers in front of the file name...
pm me if interested
DJ AmRo 5:22 AM - 29 May, 2011
So with the ZipDJ service, do they also offer a nice catalogue of acapellas as well? I signed up and am just waiting to get approved.
marcA 8:34 AM - 29 May, 2011
hey have acapellas but i didn't find a way to just select those to search for...
DJChad72 11:52 PM - 31 May, 2011
Quote:
if someone wants the ZipDJ files downloaded in a zip :) renamed, i made a small rename tool (only windows) that strips the numbers in front of the file name...
pm me if interested

Do you know if this makes it easier for iTunes to find the album art for display in iTunes and Serato to use? I would LOVE to have that. Right now I am considering assigning a big ZipDJ avatar to all my ZipDJ music just so something comes up in that display on my iPOD, Apple TC, Car Stereo, and Serato. This would be great if just stripping off this number would make it easier for iTunes to find that album art. Right now it finds ZERO.

Quote:
So with the ZipDJ service, do they also offer a nice catalogue of acapellas as well? I signed up and am just waiting to get approved.

You can search "acapella" and it might give you a good number of tracks with acapellas. If the label includes an acapella, then it will be listed with the release bundle. Once you are approved, just email your account representative and ask they add a filter for acapellas just like they do for Hip Hop, House, Trance, Dance, etc... That should help you filter specifically for releases with acapellas. :)
marcA 7:21 AM - 1 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
pm me if interested

Do you know if this makes it easier for iTunes to find the album art for display in iTunes and Serato to use? I would LOVE to have that. Right now I am considering assigning a big ZipDJ avatar to all my ZipDJ music just so something comes up in that display on my iPOD, Apple TC, Car Stereo, and Serato. This would be great if just stripping off this number would make it easier for iTunes to find that album art. Right now it finds ZERO.

i don't know since i don't use itunes...but normally the album art is part of the id3 tag (unless itunes is capable of fetching that based on the trackname - which is also embedded in the id3 tag)
now it seems that none of the zipdj tracks have album art as part of the id3 tag
Free Man 7:22 PM - 13 June, 2011
Does anyone know of a place for stuff other than Club stuff (stuff chicks can dance to)
DJ Pullout 7:23 PM - 13 June, 2011
^epic
Free Man 7:37 PM - 13 June, 2011
Oh, not iTunes/amazon.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 10:24 PM - 13 June, 2011
Quote:
Does anyone know of a place for stuff other than Club stuff (stuff chicks can dance to)

Can u narrow it down a little? What kinda chicks and what kinda music?

World music??? www.putumayo.com
Free Man 10:42 PM - 13 June, 2011
Sorry... I guess i was talking about stuff that i'd use as background music for weddings or corp events. chill music. not slow songs. could be anything that a majority or people would enjoy listening to
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 10:54 PM - 13 June, 2011
Quote:
.... background music for weddings or corp events. chill music. not slow songs. could be anything that a majority or people would enjoy listening to

www.hiddenbeach.com <--- Unwrapped Series - Hip Hop goes Jazz - Watchwww.youtube.com

Or if you are a "killer DJ" - Richard Cheese (but on itunes and amazon): Watchwww.youtube.com - they will love it or hate it...
D. J. Shawn Quick 2:08 PM - 13 July, 2011
What site carries Baltimore Party Music? I get a lot of request from kids for Party Music.
DJChad72 3:34 PM - 13 July, 2011
So I googled and came up with this YouTube entry: Watchwww.youtube.com

Is this what they are talking about? It really just sounds like dub stub or dub/instrumental mixes. You can find any house or R&B and just look at the instrumental or dub remixes. Pretty much any of the sites in the original post will carry those things. Hope that maybe gets you going until perhaps the real source materializes. But I suspect its teens renaming stuff that has been around for decades, but didnt know what it was called. :)
DJ Dac 3:55 PM - 13 July, 2011
Caliber 4:11 PM - 23 July, 2011
Out of all those record pools not much offer Dancehall, reggae, soca, calypso except franchiserecordpools.com, they have a massive collection in different genre, not so much latin but enough to get by. There videos I dont like because of how it was cropped and rendered.
dbandit 5:02 PM - 12 October, 2011
For everything Caribbean with concentration on Soca, Dancehall and Reggae

www.CaribbeanMusicPool.com

You can request new, old and hard to get tracks or remixes.
DJ Dac 4:01 PM - 6 November, 2011
has anyone used WWW.BPMSUPREME.COM how is the selection and video quality?
kristoff1986 12:44 PM - 7 November, 2011
gone through a few of the pools so far, but does anyone know of 1 that shows the track length and the bpm of the tracks?

going to finally make the leap from strictly dance music into a more open format.

**just seen djcity do show the bpm, and list what type of track it is. clean dirty, intro, instrumental, acapella. looks good might try that one out to start with
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:35 PM - 7 November, 2011
Quote:
does anyone know of 1 that shows the track length and the bpm of the tracks?

I know www.latenightrecordpool.com shows the BPM of the tracks, but doesn't show length

www.i12inch.com does show length and BPM but is more pricey BUT you can buy tunes al-a carte instead of a monthly membership

(curious - if you are mixing and not being a juke box or radio Dj - why is length important?)
kristoff1986 11:37 AM - 8 November, 2011
it isnt really important, and wouldnt put me off a purchase, just im used to beatport for all my dance music and it shows the length. so guess it isnt really a criteria i need lol
DJChad72 6:32 AM - 13 November, 2011
ZipDJ shows the length, BPM, and lets you filter on Genre. You can also view at the album release level, and then expand for track listings... as well as view all expanded.
DJ Dac 4:47 PM - 14 November, 2011
so i am doing a month of bpmsupreme.com and i think im going to cancel dj city. they don't have as many bad remixes, they have the original songs AND vids for 20 bucks a month. the only thing i do not like is the file name format. it is tagged correctly but i like the file name to be artist - song name, instead its just song name. Im going to give it a few more weeks before i completely decide to ditch djcity but to save 120 a years i think its a good deal.
DJ Pullout 6:48 PM - 14 November, 2011
I use directmusicservice

Ill never give it up early because I got in early when prices were super low for unlimited downloads. Thinking about the Direct Video Service thats coming out soon too....
Dj.uno 3:03 AM - 17 November, 2011
damn i need a record pool that services all including latin, and House! especially them bad remixes!
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:16 AM - 5 December, 2011
www.boomkat.com is my fave :)
dresir 1:08 AM - 28 December, 2011
does anyone know of any other good mp3pools?
DJ.Tyme 3:29 AM - 28 December, 2011
Promo Only Hands Down Is The Best. $40 Per Month You Get Everything Under The Sun. And The Best Part It Comes To You. I Used To Use Zip DJ & Late Night Records, But I Got Tired Of Having To Go (LOOK) For The Music. So Yeah Bro Check It out = POOL Plus provides daily and weekly delivery of the newest top 40, hip-hop, rhythm, rock, country, dance, and Latin plus our exclusive Intro Edits (the hottest new singles with extended intros and outros) via MP3 or M4A; billed monthly at $39.99 per month. Mainstream Radio
Top 40 pop, hip-hop, dance and rock releases, edited for clean

Urban Radio
Hip-hop, rap and R&B releases, edited for clean play

Country Radio
New Country releases, along with the latest line-dance favorites, indexed by dance style

Modern Rock Radio
The hottest new mainstream, metal and alternative rock releases, edited for clean play

Rhythm Radio
The best in breaking rhythmic top 40, hip-hop and dance releases, edited for clean play

Dance Radio
Short, clean edits of the hottest new dance releases, edited for clean play

Contemporary Christian
Christian top 40 releases

Mainstream Club
The best in 12" extended versions, top 40 dance remixes and exclusive limited-edition dance releases.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:37 AM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:
does anyone know of any other good mp3pools?

seems to be the topic of the week:

serato.com
serato.com
djpuma_gemini 6:31 AM - 29 December, 2011
maybe their pushing their members to push the sites.
DJ_Simple 5:32 PM - 30 December, 2011
I don't think it's been mentioned yet but i recently got put onto www.clubkillers.com so check that out too (among the tons of other pools...)

@DJ Art Pumpin Payne I like your Richard Cheese reference for wedding music! Dude has some hilarious covers but they're all done really well!
DJ Dac 6:06 AM - 4 January, 2012
does anyone know this hype that dj city has been throwing out the past couple days? i saw a tweet or something about vids???
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:09 AM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
does anyone know this hype that dj city has been throwing out the past couple days? i saw a tweet or something about vids???

I think one of the dudes that works at DJCity simply said that video was coming in 2012 along with some other stuff in one of the threads - no real details other than that.
DJ Dac 4:31 PM - 4 January, 2012
i just canceled my djcity account a few weeks ago, looks like i might be headed back...
DJ Eddy UK 7:37 AM - 11 January, 2012
I don't know if they've been mentioned previously but...

for U.K./European only... www.cdpooldigital.com good mp3 pool for UK top40

for quality house music;
www.defected.com (the best record label in the world imo)
www.traxsource.com good selection of commercial & underground artists, far superior to beatport
www.stompy.com nice for funkier house & lighter beats.

Enjoy people!!!
DJ RaGu 5:43 PM - 24 January, 2012
Get my hot remixes and mash-ups from crooklyclan.net
Any song with a 8 bar intro from i12inch.com
DJCity.com for all the above

Latinkingremixes.com for the hottest Spanish remixes
losmaximoproductions.com for any spanish mp3's.
mrblast 6:56 PM - 25 January, 2012
Which pool would be best for old school/new school party breaks, instrumental hiphop, funk? I know crooklyn clan has stuff like this but I'd rather pay a monthly fee than for individual tracks.

Thanks
DJ Pullout 8:16 PM - 25 January, 2012
www.directmusicservice.com

Best one going. Literally.
DJ Pullout 8:16 PM - 25 January, 2012
^As far as audio is concerned
djpuma_gemini 11:42 PM - 28 January, 2012
Yeah DMS is good for bringing out the old stuff that you might have forgotten about. Already intro'd and ready to go
Jumbo650 3:54 AM - 29 January, 2012
@ what bit rate are latenightrecordpool. I saw that 192 or higher can someone please tell me what the usual bitrate is for latenightrecordpool
Dj Nyce 9:19 PM - 29 January, 2012
i keep trying to sign up for DMS...account issues. i've emailed them thrice. i guess they don't want my money.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:00 PM - 30 January, 2012
Quote:
@ what bit rate are latenightrecordpool. I saw that 192 or higher can someone please tell me what the usual bitrate is for latenightrecordpool

Most of the stuff serviced is usually 320 but I think some of the Album Leak stuff is lower = (cost of being fast and first) but I think it is usually replaced with a 320 when the official release comes out.

Some of the old school stuff is also being upgraded to 320 also. I am replacing mixshow edits serviced a while back (years) @ 192 with 320s
djpuma_gemini 7:25 AM - 1 February, 2012
Quote:
i keep trying to sign up for DMS...account issues. i've emailed them thrice. i guess they don't want my money.

Try again. They always contact me when I have questions, or hit em up on twitter.
DJ Pullout 1:46 PM - 1 February, 2012
Yeah same here. They always reply right away.
DJ G(2) 9:20 PM - 2 February, 2012
I have a homeboy who is a dj and he sent me a picture to my phone of this website....not the whole thing, but just showing the song and the date it was released. This is how it looks-bpm - Tyga - Ra(and that is in a yellow box) 10/12/2011 5:12 PM....then I see "search again in" and shows Libraries Homegroup(i believe). Does anyone know what site that might be? Thank you DJWALDO links are familiar to me, I just did not see it, thank you. I appreciate the help from all of y'all. If anyone knows what site-bpm - Tyga - Ra(and that is in a yellow box) 10/12/2011 5:12 PM....then I see "search again in" and shows Libraries Homegroup(i believe) this came from please let me know
DJ G(2) 9:22 PM - 2 February, 2012
Hello there everyone I am DJ G(2) out of dallas texas and I have been djing at this bar every friday night for the past 6 months straight and I have getting the place rockin, even with the older jams that I have. I have recently signed up with franchise record pool, 8thwonder and breakin the crates. For the most part I like franchise the most, but I am looking for a couple more good sites. I had looked into mymp3pool and zipdj, but I am looking for more older "crunk" jams and of course the new stuff. I want a site that has all the hits even dallas artists...for example there is this new jam by a group called play-n-skillz(I know most of y'all know who they are) called "dallas freaks". Is there a dj pool that has that jam...also looking for a song by mannie fresh called "nappy headed h**s". Also the spot that I dj at is a diverse spot, got some people in there that like to hear tejano, cumbias, norteno and corridos. Is there a site that has all that type of music as well? Please if anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you DJ G(2)
DCD 11:44 PM - 11 February, 2012
Does DMS allow you to download all the tracks that were on that site? Could I download the tracks from 2007?
djpuma_gemini 10:00 PM - 12 February, 2012
I don't believe they have purged anything yet, but I'd ask them to be certain
DJ-Majette 8:52 PM - 13 February, 2012
Great thread!
Hitman303 10:08 PM - 16 February, 2012
which pools have the best sound quality? I don't just mean they have tracks listed as 320 bit rate, I mean the actual sound quality of the tracks is great.
Dj.uno 7:35 AM - 22 February, 2012
what pools have them Hot House remixes? ive used 8thwonder, Sure, and Bpmsupreme, But so far none have provided House Remixes! Beatport is mainly for Originals, Any Ideas?
Phuture2 3:06 PM - 22 February, 2012
I use Zip DJ and Promo Pool.
KarbonSOUNDZ 8:13 PM - 23 February, 2012
I see that this list is for 2010, is there any information for 2011 or 2012. I just started my internet radio show and need good quality music. I was looking at www.franchiserecordpool.com but cant really find any information on how legit this site is. I turn you you guys the professionals for help.
KarbonSOUNDZ 8:21 PM - 23 February, 2012
I am new to this field and just want to find a site that can provide high quality mp3s for reggae hip hop, r&b etc and get downloadable video for my site. Also exclusives. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Phuture2 1:47 PM - 24 February, 2012
Zip DJ and Promo Pool. Great for clubs, mobile and internet radio
KarbonSOUNDZ 3:21 PM - 24 February, 2012
Thanks Phuture2 but that still doesn't resolve the issues with music videos. Is there a pool that allows both?
Musically Minded 3:40 PM - 24 February, 2012
Quote:
I see that this list is for 2010, is there any information for 2011 or 2012. I just started my internet radio show and need good quality music. I was looking at www.franchiserecordpool.com but cant really find any information on how legit this site is. I turn you you guys the professionals for help.

this site is legit, i use it on a daily basis! get track selection. good quality.
KarbonSOUNDZ 3:43 PM - 24 February, 2012
Thank you so much (musically minded) .
DJ Xplosive (617) 6:52 PM - 24 February, 2012
Franchise is the ultimate pool for all genres and you get new music daily also try Urbanmusicdaily.net and Mediaz-empire.com all depends on the music you play
djdannyd 7:37 PM - 24 February, 2012
Urbanmusicdaily.net seems like an open forum for sharing music?
DJ Xplosive (617) 7:44 PM - 24 February, 2012
not really its up to the minute music updates stay tuned to it
KarbonSOUNDZ 11:57 PM - 2 March, 2012
Well guys, the information given was greatly appreciated. I did end up going with Franchise Record Pool but now have another issue that people seem to be avoiding thew answer to. I download some music videos to correspond with the music being played on the internet radio show but when I upload then to You Tube I got a copyright warning strike (So I deleted all the videos I uploaded) Is there a way to get these videos on YouTube without they deleting my profile as threatened? Please help
DJ Dac 2:50 AM - 3 March, 2012
get written consent from the original owners of the videos?
Jumbo650 4:03 AM - 3 March, 2012
Quote:
Well guys, the information given was greatly appreciated. I did end up going with Franchise Record Pool but now have another issue that people seem to be avoiding thew answer to. I download some music videos to correspond with the music being played on the internet radio show but when I upload then to You Tube I got a copyright warning strike (So I deleted all the videos I uploaded) Is there a way to get these videos on YouTube without they deleting my profile as threatened? Please help

Only way to get by is to pitch the mix up or down
KarbonSOUNDZ 6:55 PM - 4 March, 2012
@DJ Dac thanks for the advise, found easier way around, going with different median all together. @Jumbo650 That's actually a great idea
ninjagaijin 8:28 AM - 4 April, 2012
bandcamp.com

ithinkmusic.com

c8.com

sociopath-recordings.com

unjustifiedrecords.com

mindsawrecordings.co.uk

ruszud.com

blackhoe-recordings.com

darklandrecordings.com

bitcrusher.co.uk

planetterrorrecords.com

ringerajarecords.wordpress.com

chippanze.org

ocremix.org

caoutchou.bandcamp.com

nightterrorrecs.blogspot.com

weirdandwired.net

grindthieves.com

chaserecords.free.fr

nekrolog1krecordings.com

ragga-jungle.com

xtraplex.blogspot.com

bottleimpproductions.bandcamp.com

amen-tal.bandcamp.com

cuntroll.ru

www.breakcore.nl

splatterkore.blogspot.com

viralconspiracyrecords.bandcamp.com

darktapes.tumblr.com

infinitepandemic.crilax.com

koolskull.bandcamp.com

faceblastrecords.bandcamp.com

kniteforcerevolution.com/music/kniteforce-digital

dayofthedroids.bandcamp.com

omnimusic.bandcamp.com

mutantbassrecords.bandcamp.com

meta4recordings.bandcamp.com

geamala.bandcamp.com

ektoplazm.com/free-music

archive.org/details/Ween

trashfuck.blogspot.com

sonicsquirrel.net

raumklangmusic.bandcamp.com

^^ pretty sure all of these are free. All are legit.
feniks 12:14 PM - 4 April, 2012
No fukking way those are all legit.
ninjagaijin 2:05 PM - 4 April, 2012
Uhhhh.. yeah they are.

I am a netlabel hoe :)

which do specifically have a gripe with, or haven't you checked any of them yet?
feniks 2:31 PM - 4 April, 2012
i havent checked them yet. the addresses just look funny.
feniks 2:31 PM - 4 April, 2012
looks like i'm digging some tunes tonight then...
DJ Pullout 3:45 PM - 4 April, 2012
www.ithinkmusic.com

Doesnt load. First one I tried.....
ninjagaijin 12:53 AM - 5 April, 2012
ithinkmusic.com is the service - I can't believe it's gone already!?!? twitter.com!/ithinkmusic

:( down the past week but I didn't think for real.. only thing I didn't like about the site was mostly mp3 sales, very little flac.

Oh well, Bandcamp takes the crown.
ninjagaijin 12:55 AM - 5 April, 2012
ithinkmusic/bandcamp paid services, some of the few that aren't free.. but above, the specific bandcamp links I've posted are for free netlabels
Bigga Bounce Ent 3:43 PM - 18 April, 2012
So between nms, Franchise, and zip, what one is the best for both hip hop and top 40 house? also what one is the fastest when it comes downloading? These are the three that seem to keep coming up, and they seem to be all around the same price, also their charts are pretty much the same.
djdannyd 3:49 PM - 18 April, 2012
I used zip awhile back and didnt like the website layout and downloading speed. Franchise is a great option for various genres of both music and videos, no complaints on downloading speed, great price too.
Bigga Bounce Ent 8:22 PM - 18 April, 2012
djdannyd do you have to rate every song individually before you dl them?
djdannyd 8:31 PM - 18 April, 2012
Not on franchise, not "every" song.
DJChad72 8:40 PM - 29 April, 2012
It may be useful to note that ZIPDJ updated their website about 6 -12 months ago. Here are a few points regarding that update....

Layout: It can be cumbersome; however once you realize how you can "use it", its much better. For instance, it has a *NEW* indicator to show if the track has been added since your last login. Which means I can very easily page through and find where I left off from my last login, and at the same time know how much music (and as a result) time I need to allocate to be fully "caught up." You can use the filters to narrow those pages of tunes down to just the type of music you like. This brings me to their Genre updates.

Organization: They are also constantly adding sub-genre's to their main genre's. For instance, Dance now has "deep house", "tech house" , "trance", dub step" , etc.... To me this has helped get caught up MUCH faster if I am only looking for Deep House Tracks.

Charts and "Top" lists: They have all sorts of charts, dance, top 40, mainstream, most charted, most downloaded, etc... to help you find "what is hot" right now.

Downloading Speed: I have found the ZIP function to be very time affordable when it comes to downloading. Because I am zipping as I am browsing, I keep looking while its downloading. All ZIP files are usually downloaded with in 15 minutes of when I complete my "browsing." Which is fine because after 2-3 hours, I need to get up and stretch my legs.

Feedback: Like or not, feedback is a part of the record pool business model. I belong to physical and virtual record pools. Here is the main pro/con:

Physical -
PRO: You give very binary feedback: Rate from 1-5 and "will you play it?" Yes, No, Maybe.
CON: You often have to do this in bulk and on a deadline.

Virtual -
PRO: You have to give open feedback w/ comments. Which after 2-3 hours of doing a monthly catch up, it can feel like you are just writing the same thing over and over again... and short changing the system.
CON: You give feedback right then and there on the track and you are DONE. Additionally, the feedback requirement is often only on mainstream and cross over tracks. If those are not your deal, then you may find the feedback isnt so difficult.

I hope that helps just a little bit on ZIPDJ. Not saying it is the best, but it has been maturing more and more every year.
DJChad72 8:44 PM - 29 April, 2012
One other add to the layout, is that each "release" (aka Album) can be expanded and contracted in view. You can also use a global "button" that the top of the page to expand all or contract all. I typically use the EXPAND ALL button so that all albums and tracks are displayed. THEN as I progress through the page, I collapse each track as I go along. This makes it VERY easy to know where you are if you have to stop and answer a text, take a break, let the dog out, etc...

As you go from page to page, it remembers your EXPAND ALL/COLLAPSE ALL setting. So you can very easily keep going with this mode of operation as you go through your music.
DJ.AJ 5:41 PM - 18 January, 2013
Anyone know of a good mp3 pool with a mob mole app for previewing and rating tracks
DJ.AJ 5:43 PM - 18 January, 2013
Mobile App
AV District 10:49 PM - 18 January, 2013
Every pool should have mobile applications now. We're living in 2013 not 2003
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:41 AM - 19 January, 2013
Quote:

i don't think so...

Maybe online "pay per track stores" like Beatport, Tråxsource, iTunes, etc but unless you DJ from your phone or ipod touch, not too many pools see a need for for mobile apps yet.

Just curious, what Pools have u seen that have dedicated mobile apps?
DJChad72 4:08 PM - 21 January, 2013
ZipDJ I believe is working in a mobile device friendly app. The pull for me is I could browse and listen to what is new, but then queue up batches to be downloaded next time I log in on my DJ laptop. Sort of an audition anywhere, download when you want deal.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:16 PM - 21 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

i don't think so...

Maybe online "pay per track stores" like Beatport, Tråxsource, iTunes, etc but unless you DJ from your phone or ipod touch, not too many pools see a need for for mobile apps yet.

Just curious, what Pools have u seen that have dedicated mobile apps?

Djcity
DJ.AJ 2:50 PM - 22 January, 2013
that's exactly want i want to do - browse / rate while at work. download when i get home.
DJ.AJ 2:51 PM - 22 January, 2013
doesn't really have to have a mobile app - a web interface with a mobile layout would also work.
thebuttonfreak 7:30 PM - 3 February, 2013
Love this site. Not enough of these, sites that have a vision and a sound. Much mor elike the good old days of going to a record store.
Quote:
www.boomkat.com is my fave :)
Will08272 7:30 PM - 4 February, 2013
Is it worth joining a pool if your not in clubs yet, i maybe able to get a small lounge spot and start streaming soon and was deciding on whether joining a pool makes sense now and if it would be a good investment.
DJ LTIZZZLE 10:05 PM - 4 February, 2013
If u want to be able to play current music that's on air now. Or u want to break new music. I would look into a pool that u can afford. Look into www.mymp3pool.com. They are pretty affordable
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:02 AM - 5 February, 2013
+1 on what LTIZZZLE said

A pool ALWAYS makes sense if you can afford it. You will always need to keep your library current - most good pools will give you DJ friendly edits nowdays so it will give you a edge over buying stuff on Amazon or iTunes.

That may make the difference between you moving out of the bedroom and into a club gig...
Will08272 4:12 PM - 5 February, 2013
I took a look at the pool ltizzle posted and also looked at djcity, is djcity a more recommended pool for hip hop and a bit of pop, are there any others i should take a look at also, i just seen alot of djcity throughout the years and was leaning towards them first before others. The cost isnt the first thing for me its mostly track selection and variety.
DJ LTIZZZLE 5:16 PM - 5 February, 2013
U can't go wrong with DJcity either. Most pools carry the same tracks. U can always compare the two. I use dj city to follow the charts but I can find almost all of those songs on mymp3pool. But I will say the Trap house section is better that mym3pool. And it's like under 30. Where DJcity is 90 every 3 months.
Will08272 5:38 PM - 5 February, 2013
I noticed that alot of the pools have the same tracks, gonna probably go with the one you posted, probably all of the stuff i see myself playing out when i do is available.
DJ LTIZZZLE 7:57 PM - 5 February, 2013
Yea and if I don't like it. You can just not Renew it. Unlike being upset for 3 months cause u don't like it.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:05 AM - 6 February, 2013
Quote:
But I will say the Trap house section is better that mym3pool. And it's like under 30. Where DJcity is 90 every 3 months.

If you got DJ City money son, check out www.latenightrecordpool.com also - it's a little more than DJcity ($47) but you get some nice throwbacks and old school in addition to the Trap and Electro house plus most of the rap/hip hop that is relevant. i use that and www.idjpool.com for all my Urban.
DJ LTIZZZLE 5:15 AM - 6 February, 2013
I did like idjpool when I was in iraq just grab a go. Nice
DJ Pullout 3:01 PM - 6 February, 2013
Will08272 7:17 PM - 6 March, 2013
How good is dj city with clean versions of new releases, thats what im concerned most of, almost ready to sign up for them
Dj Nyce 1:58 AM - 7 March, 2013
i would say 90% of new releases have the clean version. if it doesn't, it's usually up within 2-3 weeks.
Will08272 3:28 PM - 19 March, 2013
I decided to go with djcity and its been a life and wallet saver, are you guys getting your older songs off pools also, its really helpfull to have djcity to have the new releases, and i go cd shopping every other week whether at used cd stores or amazon to get the older songs
AV District 5:43 PM - 27 March, 2013
hard to believe there is so much demand for clean versions of tracks in todays world
Will08272 6:25 PM - 27 March, 2013
Thats what i thought also, i buy cds all the time and stocked up on them but then i got called to do parties and the first thing bought up was no music with curses and it shut down some genres for me. And im not to keen on buying a cd again just for the clean version of maybe a couple songs off of it. Sadly cant get away with playing pop that pussy for a real nigga at someones daughthers sweet 16.
DJChad72 4:06 AM - 28 March, 2013
Podcasts and any transmission the FCC regulates (in USA for instance) has strict rules about broadcasts containing profanity. If there isnt a way to keep underage views away from the broadcast, then it has to remain clean. You also have to consider if you want your music to reach all demographics, including the tween/teen markets... clean is the only way to ensure you reach 100% of the market.
DJChad72 4:14 AM - 28 March, 2013
Sorry meant to conclude with some venues are also public domain (ie outdoors) and may have local ordinances about profanity over a PA system. Because they cant control the flow of traffic outside, they have to be respectful of their neighboring shops and surroundings. Complaints to law enforcement is something EVERY club wants to avoid at all costs. If they get too many it puts the entire business at risk of being the target of a public nuisance.
Will08272 6:50 AM - 28 March, 2013
Any of you guys on promo onlys digital pool, im looking at the gold audio pool for 50 a month, how far back does the digital go. And how are your guys experience with them.
DJ Exodo 7:22 PM - 2 April, 2013
I like to use www.legalsounds.com . It's $.09 for most songs, and they have a downloader to where you don't have to open a web browser. Every song you download is organized into neat folders automatically. Has Charts and everything, and some of the music is available for free download. Even though it isn't a DJ pool, it's a good, inexpensive way to download some music.
ninos 7:17 AM - 4 April, 2013
just signed up with bar bangerz! SO GOOD, i went their for their 60s,70s, and 80's sections, really good!
Kristina Medley 12:58 AM - 27 April, 2013
OMG! This is just what I am looking for. Thanks so much @DJChad72 for taking the time making this list. GREAT info and this will really help me a LOT since I am considering to join a music pool for convenience. My Top Picks so far are zipDJ, iDJPool, and DJ City. Again, thanks so much! ;)
DJ.AJ 8:39 PM - 13 May, 2013
can you please add this to the top Christian (Rap, R&P, Contemporary)

R&B = rhythm and praise

www.kingdomaffiliates.com (planning on joining tonite after gig)
Justin14 6:06 PM - 29 May, 2013
where is breakthecrates in this list
ninjagaijin 7:05 AM - 9 June, 2013
Quote:
where is breakthecrates in this list

Or the five million free netlabels.
Will08272 3:32 PM - 13 June, 2013
Am i the only weird person that feels songs that you may have been looking for for ages or songs that are gems and kinda forgotten, if there online on itunes or amazon what have you that they arent special any more, i cant for the life of me explain why that happens.
ninjagaijin 3:16 AM - 21 June, 2013
Oh yeah, it's just supply & demand - when on net, everyone and their dog can buy it. When on a limited 100 pressing of something, that makes a huge difference..

same for remaster/reissue stuffs.. usually this stuff is to actually reduce discogs prices and the like.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:01 PM - 3 July, 2013
Anybody need Country?

www.countrydjpool.com - New spin off pool dedicated to Country, I guess price is right vs buying on iTunes if they service more than 15 tunes per month
Tim W 2:39 AM - 25 October, 2013
ZipDJ for me, for a good selection of chart, house, garage, drum & bass, hip-hop, r&b and more.

www.zipdj.com
aspiring DJ Cliff 3:50 AM - 27 October, 2013
i wanna join idjpool.com. what i like about them when visited the site is that they support "BILLBOARD" so that's a plus. and their genre looks pretty arranged, they even have arranged songs for holidays that you can play when you get a gig for holiday parties.

so can someone give their own opinion about IDJPOOL.COM. better to know it from the people that really used it. and maybe a comparison between zipDJ.. thanks
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:40 AM - 27 October, 2013
Quote:
i wanna join idjpool.com. what i like about them when visited the site is that they support "BILLBOARD" so that's a plus.

When you say support billboard - just curious what does that mean?

I've been a longtime member and I know they have damn near everything that is CHARTING on billboard - from country to clean rap edits for weddings but support?
Quote:
and maybe a comparison between zipDJ.. thanks
I can't help u on that one - never joined Zip
westell54 7:51 AM - 27 October, 2013
djtechtools has an article that does a comparison between these, and a few other of the popular pools out there and based on their opinions of the ones that I've been in, it's pretty accurate. I think what's important to keep in mind with a pool is that you have to think about the type of music you need and then check type of music that's serviced. I've been with idjpool since 2008 and I like them because they do have a pretty wide genre of music. They are based out of Chicago so, there's a ton of dance music offered.

The main thing to know about idjpool is that although you can subscribe to whatever genre that you want, if you plan on playing all genres across the board, then the VIP package is the most you'll get for your money because it gives you access to everything in their inventory. Just be prepared to buy lots of hard drive space...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:59 PM - 27 October, 2013
Quote:
Just be prepared to buy lots of hard drive space...

^^^ This - lol
@ westell54 - speaking of Hard drive space - curious what type of music do you play?

I do primarily Urban, one thing that throws me for a loop sometimes is the Transitions and Bonus beats offered. I don't mind a Bonus beat on a hit but I rarely use the Transition (there has been a shitload lately). Since they up-ed the download speed on the FTP part (I love it now - 5 songs in less than 10 sec) I get sloppy with my picks and sometimes get the transitions by mistake - waste of Hard Space for me but some people find them useful I guess - lol

I was wondering if they should put the Transitions & Bonus beats in with the DJ tools where the Mash Ups are? But then they may move all the DJ Intro/Outro and Quick mixes over there too and I use those all the time. Those are convenient to have in the same place - next to all the Clean/Radio, Instrumentals and Explicits

I guess I am just spoiled - dudes pay $2-4 ea. for transitions on Crooklyn - we get them free as part of our membership -lol. If I can't use them I can always delete and save that valuable Hard drive space- lol
aspiring DJ Cliff 4:31 PM - 27 October, 2013
Quote:

When you say support billboard - just curious what does that mean?

I've been a longtime member and I know they have damn near everything that is CHARTING on billboard - from country to clean rap edits for weddings but support?
Quote:
and maybe a comparison between zipDJ.. thanks
I can't help u on that one - never joined Zip

That is exactly what i mean. they have a list of the updated top 100 billboard songs:) well it's good to hear from someone who uses it..

HOW FAST IS THE DOWNLOAD THOUGH?
aspiring DJ Cliff 4:37 PM - 27 October, 2013
@DJ ART Pumpkin

I wish I knew what you meant by transition. i still have a lot to learn about DJing. for now i just wanna collect songs first coz i got my first gig on a christmas party. maybe you can enlighten me about transitions, bonus beats,etc. thanks
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:41 PM - 27 October, 2013
Quote:
HOW FAST IS THE DOWNLOAD THOUGH?

I'm on Comcast and usually use the FTP end of the things instead of the web based browser access.

I can usually grab a song now in less than 5 sec per song. I remember a few years ago people were bitching about the download speeds, definitely not a issue anymore, (just tested - a 4 minute - 10mb song - 3 seconds)
westell54 4:58 PM - 27 October, 2013
DJ Art Pumpin Payne - I play a lot of house (all types), techno, r&b, and top 40 (when needed).

I'm REALLY lazy so I ave downloaded everything they've uploaded, then I go through later and delete what I hate. If you've been a member for a while, you know about the stuff that went all the way back to the 50's and of course all that old classic house from the late 80's and early 90's.

I'm sitting at just under 2TB on my main drive.
Jesus Christ 4:59 PM - 27 October, 2013
Spent this morning looking through idjpool.com and I have to say that I'm very impressed by the organization. Pretty sure I just signed up for the VIP package. The FTP download option sealed it for me.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 11:29 PM - 27 October, 2013
Quote:
I wish I knew what you meant by transition. i still have a lot to learn about DJing. for now i just wanna collect songs first

Transition tracks are where they take the original song and speed up/slow down the tempo during the track to help you jump BPM's while mixing. Here's a example (with a segway): www.crooklynclan.net The track starts at 120 BPM with ends at 96 BPM (although these are different songs so U can see how it works - www.idjpool.com uses beats from the same song). It's good for jumpin tempo from newer ratchet rap (60-75 BPM up into the new twerk trend - around 100 bpm or back)

I guess I should start listening to some - they can be really useful if done right.

Quote:
i got my first gig on a christmas party. maybe you can enlighten me about transitions, bonus beats,etc. thanks

Did you look at the Holiday download part - I peeped in last week to see if there was any new Halloween Bangers - I see they are already updating the Christmas music - over 1700 tracks from the OG - Jingle Bells to that new song from R&B singer Kem that came out last season - but too early to think Christmas for me - I'M NOT READY YET.
|DJSIGMA| 12:01 AM - 22 November, 2013
some other pools that were left out but whether it be good for you or not.
www.mymp3pool.com
www.breakthecrates.com
www.digitaldjpool.com
www.franchiserecordpool.com
dj do it 4:39 PM - 20 January, 2014
For what its worth a couple of other pools
www.urbanheatdjpool.com or
www.djcity.com
Frankie Glasses 10:03 PM - 29 January, 2014
best place for Older (90's) Hip-Hop in at least 320kbps. I am trying to update my collection and need better versions.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:52 AM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:
best place for Older (90's) Hip-Hop in at least 320kbps. I am trying to update my collection and need better versions.

Take a look here - latenightrecordpool.com
Frankie Glasses 11:29 PM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
dj do it 12:56 AM - 31 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Check out urbanheatdjpool.com I was browsing the site today and they added a crate digging section it seems like their still building.
Amunroe 12:25 AM - 13 February, 2014
what is the best record pool for reggae music. I want the latest in lover rock, roots and dancehell
DJ Kerr-S 5:36 AM - 26 February, 2014
Quote:
I like to use www.legalsounds.com . It's $.09 for most songs, and they have a downloader to where you don't have to open a web browser. Every song you download is organized into neat folders automatically. Has Charts and everything, and some of the music is available for free download. Even though it isn't a DJ pool, it's a good, inexpensive way to download some music.
- Used to use until they disappeared:(

Quote:
Am i the only weird person that feels songs that you may have been looking for for ages or songs that are gems and kinda forgotten, if there online on itunes or amazon what have you that they arent special any more, i cant for the life of me explain why that happens.
- No. But, its because its so much easier to get and its just a file not a physical thing like a record. I used to have to travel pretty far to get records years ago, dig through the crates, and if I was really lucky I might come home with 1 gem I was looking for, or never expecting to own/find. There was a huge satisfaction in that. Now its just point and click. Anyone can get it; without moving.

Quote:
what is the best record pool for reggae music. I want the latest in lover rock, roots and dancehell

+1
|DJSIGMA| 1:46 AM - 16 July, 2014
Quote:

franchiserecordpool.com
djdannyd 7:23 PM - 2 August, 2014
Has any one tried the new beatjunkies record pool?? www.beatjunkies.com
AlxRyde 11:06 PM - 8 August, 2014
anyone happen to try PulseLocker?
mattvegas 7:44 AM - 24 January, 2015
My favorite music service was always www.promoonly.com. Another source of music we like is WeddingMuseum.com. They have song lists for weddings and also by topic song lists found here www.weddingmuseum.com
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:00 AM - 10 February, 2015
A buddy sent me a link to this NEW pool today - I still need to find out more details.

www.mp3fordjs.com

Looks like it may be an extension of www.urbandjpool.com but adding Pop, Top 40, Latin, and Country for a few more dollars.
DJRTG 2:15 PM - 12 March, 2015
Quote:
Anyone know of a good mp3 pool with a mob mole app for previewing and rating tracks

Mymyp3pool.com has a great mobile app.
Robert95 11:42 PM - 21 July, 2015

.... Now, of these websites, which one is the most preferred? I'm a mobile DJ that accommodates to anywhere from Latino to Country to Club/Dance/EDM/Top Hits... Which would be the best most all around? Also, let's assume i have ZERO songs in my library right now, will these subscription websites also be at least slightly well-rounded in both music that is popular now AND from 20+ years ago? Thanks for any input!!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:56 AM - 22 July, 2015
This thread is almost 5 years old - more than a lifetime in Internet years. I tried to start a new one a couple years ago but the mods never blessed it as a sticky?

Quote:
I'm a mobile DJ that accommodates to anywhere from Latino to Country to Club/Dance/EDM/Top Hits...

I'd personally start with the two that I know services BOTH Country and Latin - www.idjpool.com and www.latenightrecordpool.com - also both have a classics and/or old school section in addition to nice selection of your Club/Dance/EDM.

Latenight offers more trendy EDM while IDJpool has more Big Room hits, iGJPool also has all the current and recent Billboard 100 and American Top 40 hits as radio edits in one easy place

Outside of those 2 - the other forum favorites are www.directmusicservice.com and www.djcity.com
Jim Davis Productions 6:50 PM - 23 July, 2015
Give Gary at Masspool DJ Association a call... if you look back on old X-Mix CD's, his name and the Masspool logo show up as the programming director on quite a few issues. He's legit and he takes care of his subscribers. Sign up for the pricier "CD" option... it's worth it. (You can get DVD data discs instead of audio CD's - he ships 4 DVDs per month now).

www.masspool.com
DJ_Clippz 12:56 AM - 19 August, 2015
Hi guys

I run an online music discovery website www.setoffmag.com

Might be worth your time checking it out from time to time to find some nice music gems.

Peace!
DJ Boom Bap 3:10 AM - 5 November, 2015
At least update the thread title and links please
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:34 AM - 5 November, 2015
Quote:
At least update the thread title and links please

I tried to start one in 2013 but the mods never blessed or stickied it

serato.com

Maybe start a new post and call it: 2016 Sources of Music MP3, WAV, AIFF, STEMS (non video) - Record Pools & Legal Online Stores

People can add in their favs starting from scratch?

I know some of the newer ones like Beatjunkies or IDJPool's sub pools (Urban and Country) are probably missing?

Maybe that new one will last for another 6 years - lol

That is a lifetime in Internet Years
DJ Boom Bap 3:37 AM - 5 November, 2015
I agree. It's 2015 and the sources are (maybe) outdated.
DJChad72 8:34 PM - 4 July, 2016
I started the one here in response to a prior outdated thread. The best way to personally keep track is to subscriber to the thread or respond with a +1. If you start a new thread, most will catch it early and constant response will keep knocking it up on the list.

Go for it!
MX8 1:42 AM - 13 November, 2017
+1
MP3CITY 12:41 PM - 29 October, 2019
Good day, we are a newly launched company that is catering to every DJ worldwide, our pool will be highly consistent with releases from Soca, Calypso, Caribbean, Reggae, Dancehall & much more. We are literally bringing everything every DJ wants to one pool. We have access to every pool that exists & our pool will be your one stop shop to get all the latest in every single genre without a doubt! "THE FUTURE OF MUSIC IS HERE"

So get Ready as this company soon launches from NYC, to join Email: info@mp3city.com or Text our Promotion Team Member #352-504-2185 / www.mp3city.com
[We are #1 In Soca, Caribbean Music]