Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Serato DJ Icecast broadcasting with Track Metadata

Rob J 8:42 AM - 4 July, 2014
Hello, Serato Team!

I know that there has been at least one other thread which has brought up Icecast usage with Serato.

serato.com

I am bringing this up again as a matter of re-invigorating the possibility of getting Icecast to work directly with Serato DJ. It is direly important for internet DJs to have their playback track metadata automatically grabbed by the broadcast client and displayed for the listeners. I've been doing online broadcasting with Serato for nearly two years and this type of feature is a must-have, and would I be out of line to say this shouldn't be difficult to code into the software with absolutely minimal increases in system resource usage?

Of course, it goes without mentioning that "the big two" competitors in DJ software have the aforementioned track metadata integration with Icecast.

Please consider this as a possible feature in the future. Online broadcasting is becoming ever more popular and track display information is a must-have for this feature.

Thank you,
Rob J
Jkwvkers 1:56 PM - 13 November, 2014
I too use Serato DJ, with Nicecast software to broadcast to my Icecast server.

It would be helpful if you could be added to SeratoDJ that it would connect directly with Icecast and broadcast the metadata or have SeratoDJ work directly with Nicecast so that metadata can be passed through to the Icecast server.

Like Rob J says their are other software out there that will do this but I would prefer to carry on using Serato DJ with my Pioneer DJ SX and it would be an added bonus if metadata could be broadcasted while DJing live for my listeners could see the track being played if they don't know it.

Regards

Jkwvkers
AlxRyde 4:56 PM - 14 November, 2014
I broadcast via an Icecast server at with my radio station/group, it would be nice if SDJ could just push automatically. Serato Live Playlists seems to achieve basically the same thing, but obviously won't push to Icecast, just Serato's servers.
Dizzle the Dj 2:34 PM - 2 April, 2015
+1
aSiNe 12:25 PM - 12 April, 2015
+1
MarkyMMP 9:42 PM - 20 May, 2015
+1
Ste H 8:38 AM - 21 May, 2015
YES!! then I can broadcast via tunein :D
MarkyMMP 9:33 AM - 21 May, 2015
You can broadcast already using BUTT or NICECAST it's the Track Data that is not relayed within the Broadcast and yup I suspect what you mean is not displayed on the Tunein app.
I did configure BUTT 0.14 to read track data from the session files n history but all was displayed was VSRN so I manually added my Generic show name to the steam.

Any movement on this Serato admins ?
UKSwagger 1:24 AM - 9 November, 2015
+1
MarkyMMP 9:47 PM - 6 January, 2016
plus 2
MarkyMMP 6:00 PM - 27 March, 2016
anything ?
charlee1985 4:26 PM - 23 February, 2017
+3
Mr Wilks 11:46 PM - 23 February, 2017
+1
Spinchip 7:45 PM - 13 April, 2017
I'm with everyone else on this. Would love to be able to get the Track Metadata out of Serato and into Xsplit Broadcaster. Xsplit can read a file and push that to the screen for a video mix, but it needs that "magic" extract out of Serato to be able to do it. I've even tried digging to find out where the History is written, but I'm convinced it's not a simple text file.

Please, please give us this info. There's a lot more internet DJ's these days :)

Thanks, Simon
MarkyMMP 8:08 PM - 13 April, 2017
I use a program called Radr it's one of Ritchie Hawtin's creations originally for Traktor. It now works with Serato and tweets the track data. I think it takes it from the Sessions folder but at least we know the metadata can be.
Spinchip 8:14 PM - 13 April, 2017
Now that I like MarkyMMP :) Something to try tomorrow!

Just had a quick look at the Xsplit manual and it looks like I can take the RADR output from Twitter straight to my broadcast.

BRILLIANT!

Have a good day/evening/weekend

Simon
MarkyMMP 8:16 PM - 13 April, 2017
Excellent news...

Nice one Simon

Have a great Evening & Easter Break..

KR

MmP
Spinchip 11:25 AM - 14 April, 2017
Damn - the RADJ.ZIP is corrupt on the website :(
MarkyMMP 11:39 AM - 14 April, 2017
Windows or MAC?
Spinchip 2:18 PM - 14 April, 2017
Windows
MarkyMMP 2:40 PM - 14 April, 2017
Ah. I only have mac I was going to share it with you.
Spinchip 3:15 PM - 14 April, 2017
Very kind of you. Never mind. I've sent a msg to the support address. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Ciao, Simon
Spinchip 5:48 PM - 14 April, 2017
Phew - the guy responded and has updated the file (it was corrupt). Now time for some fun :)
MarkyMMP 7:52 PM - 14 April, 2017
Wicked. Let us know how you get on please.
Spinchip 8:12 PM - 17 April, 2017
Hey Marky,

Well that worked a treat (after a bit of fiddling). I've put a discussion in one of the other forums in case others want to try.

New forum link for Discussion 1604280 is here -> serato.com

Thanks again

Simon
MarkyMMP 5:22 AM - 18 April, 2017
Brilliant and thank you.