Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

HIDE / SHOW CRATEs - SUBCRATES AND THE SONGs WITHIN

DJ PIDO 9:15 PM - 11 February, 2014
I've just read many posts about features to be included in SCRATCH LIVE.
Well, there was some posts (besides many others) about features wich included SHOW / HIDE CRATES.
- serato.com
- serato.com
- serato.com
(...)

As the posts containing the idea are a bit old... Here is my suggestion:
• "HABILITY TO HIDE / SHOW CRATEs / SUBCRATES AND THE SONGS WITHIN"

• WHAT WOULD THIS BE USEFUL FOR?
I'm a 90% of the time a HOUSE MUSIC DJ. But, sometimes, in some parties I need to play OTHER GENRES like Pop, Rock, Hip Hop - or any kind of Flashback... The point is, If I have those OTHER GENRES organized into CRATES that would be nice only to show them when they are needed.

I'm using my situation as an example...
Many DJs play more than one type of music and that would be an advanced way to have the library organized.

• WHY NOT SIMPLY PUT THOSE "OTHER GENRES" IN CRATES / SUBCRATES AND ROLL / COLLAPSE THEM WHEN NEEDED?
Because when you navigate by the browser using the ALL TRACKS FUNCTION it is very hard to find the tracks that you play frequentely.

----------

As the other posts are a little old...
I hope this idea would be positive in some way.

Thanks for reading.
Laz219 2:17 PM - 4 March, 2014
Quote:

• WHY NOT SIMPLY PUT THOSE "OTHER GENRES" IN CRATES / SUBCRATES AND ROLL / COLLAPSE THEM WHEN NEEDED?
Because when you navigate by the browser using the ALL TRACKS FUNCTION it is very hard to find the tracks that you play frequentely.

Smart crates, sorted by genre/comment/whatever field you want
I already have an 'ALL minus aca/inst' crate.
DJ PIDO 9:53 PM - 4 March, 2014
Didn't get exactely what you explained... But, it seemed to be interesting.
Can you tell me more about this idea? I mean, about this thing of ALL MINUS (...) ???
Laz219 12:13 AM - 5 March, 2014
You could do it in a few ways, in my case I use the 'grouping' field as to me it is otherwise unused.
So if I have 'acapella or instrumental' written in the grouping field, I can make a smart crate that shows everything EXCEPT those files.
You could do it for genre or any other field you like.
DJ PIDO 11:15 AM - 6 March, 2014
Ow! Thanks for the tip!

It is a cool way to solve the problem for now and for sure I'll try it. But, I still think that that thing of SHOW / HIDE tracks should be something incorporated to the program... It should turn our lives easy. :D

Again, THANKS A LOT for the tip!
Laz219 9:22 PM - 9 March, 2014
No problems,