Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Add Allen & Heath's Xone : DB4 to the Mixers authorized for Serato DJ 1.5.X

runningoutofspace 8:34 PM - 5 October, 2013
Okay...so Now that we can see that Rane & Pioneer can get along with your company, enough...if you really want to give people more options....please consider the Xone : DB4 (immediately) for your software. After all, your direct competitor (NI) has denied Scratch certification on the DB4 for nearly three years and anyone who knows anything knows that they've not cared as much about turntablist like you apparently do and that hurt/hid vinyl junkies from the limelight....Okay, many of the DB4 users demanded this and had to jailbreak their software just to have it....then CDJ HID took over and we just want to get away from Traktor...DB4 is a worthy mixer and adding it to your mixer options would help real people who need DVS support just break away from the other guys who've let us down. The team at A&H are nice people...seems like your company is too....make the connection..email me I plan on talking about this in the official demo video I'm doing for them on the 19th..seriously!
runningoutofspace 8:38 PM - 5 October, 2013
In fact, send me a trial that'll work on my DB4 and we'll definately get that in!
runningoutofspace 8:40 PM - 5 October, 2013
(I've still got the purple discs)
Jay Brize 3:29 PM - 19 November, 2013
I agree above!! It's time to say that also Serato DJ have to work with A&H mixers as well as Traktor works with Pioneer and many others.
blulabel 6:32 PM - 6 December, 2013
I could not agree more with adding the DB4 to the list of authorized Serato DJ mixers. Pound for pound the DB4 is one of the most powerful DJ mixers currently available and would only add to the appeal of the DB4 and Serato DJ. I say this not because I own a DB4 and don't want to have to pay for more equipment. I own an SL3 too and would never sell it. So please team with A&H and let’s see what the two of you can come up with. We already know they make great products and they are a great option from those that don't want to drink or don't like the taste of the Pioneer Kool-Aid.
runningoutofspace 9:57 PM - 29 April, 2014
Bump!
blulabel 2:19 AM - 11 August, 2014
I was just thinking about this more today, after downloading the 1.7 beta, and I don't think the DB4 will ever be supported by Serato DJ. This because of the multiple changes in ownership A&H has gone through in the past couple of years and not to mention A&H is not a major player in the DJ market. Then you add the fact that the great built in effects of the DB4 would directly compete against the FX expansion packs sold by Serato.

This doesn't even take into account the firmware updates for the mixer that A&H roll out, that I suspect Serato would have to deal with in it's code.

Too many things going against it...for the general mass market, in my opinion.

That being said I would not trade my swiss army knife of a mixer (Xone DB4) for any of the one size fits most, current supported offerings.
deejdave 3:02 AM - 15 August, 2014
Let us also not forget that Serato HAS dealt with A&H already and it was a total disaster. They make SOLID product no doubt but I can't imagine the thought of AA&H for Serato to being back anything but bad memories & regret.
runningoutofspace 8:58 AM - 20 September, 2014
(Smiling)

Somehow, I've bought several timecode discs for Serato..started working on my collection more extensively and would love to see this one day.

Serato had the biggest presence at BPM 2014..Akai, Rane, Pioneer, Numark, just about everyone is Flip'd....

A&H was in good spirit with the new K1 and of course the DB4 is getting more love now that More and more are coming to realize it's strength and difference is unique.

Who knows...but be hopeful on this one..you might be suprised what happens if we keep at it.
deejdave 8:44 PM - 20 September, 2014
Well I was talking about A&H as a whole. I could be wrong but I don't see this happening. As far as the DB4 specifically we already know this will NEVER happen. The only devices that get Serato support are the one's that come with it built in. As far as I know the ONLY device to ever get added to the supported list of Serato DJ was the Denon DMC6000. Aside from this some native SSL & Itch devices got it. The similarity is they all had some sort of Serato partnership whether it be SSL, Itch or SDJ Intro. The only devices that got support at a later date with no initial intent (as far as we know) are the Pioneer CDJ's. Adding the DB4 to the Official Accessories list will not help in any way as the sound card will not be supported.

Just my thoughts. AS ALWAYS time will tell though. I just figure a realistic approach is always the best. The battle to be won here though is A&H partnering with Serato again. The 92 being almost second in line to the Pioneer mixers I think there is a good chance. A&H is all about that integrity & reliability that Serato SHOULD be looking for in a partner.
runningoutofspace 8:55 AM - 21 September, 2014
Quote:
Well I was talking about A&H as a whole. I could be wrong but I don't see this...

A&H is all about that integrity & reliability that Serato SHOULD be looking for in a partner.

We need Serato and A&H to make this a reality so stay positive and don't overthink it with negativity. Everyone who is ANYONE knows DB users want DVS on their mixers. It is obvious that Certification won't come from NI anytime soon but it doesn't matter anymore...NI burnt bridges and when the Hexkey mod made it work (for over a year now) they never felt forced to fess-up that they could've supported it since 2011. Since we are not supported that leaves a bad taste in your mouth. We need a supprted DVS software and Serato is the ideal company to make this a reality. I speak for myself here but I think it is highly achievable (doable).

It's not a debate, more like an update and chant to keep it going.
deejdave 3:16 PM - 21 September, 2014
Quote:
It's not a debate, more like an update and chant to keep it going.

Not trying to debate but there is no denying this would be the FIRST update of it's kind. Also if this is going to happen the financial hurdle MUST be crossed. Serato will NOT support a device they make no money on. That would be ridiculous to expect as well. They are first and foremost a business. It is publicly known that this is the reason the Denon devices were not supported. They had the numbers (large amount of people who wanted it) but not the finances. Next came the 4500. In this case the did not have the numbers either.

In an attempt to help your cause (I promise that is what I am trying to offer) you would need to attack BOTH issues. You need numbers (large amount of unique individuals) asking for this support and then finally a deal must be struck between A&H & Serato. This is not negativity this is reality. Serato COULD add support on their dime but who would do that? Again keep n mind it's not like they have this resounding aura of greatness when they look back at their past with A&H. It is quite the opposite actually.

Lastly I wish you luck in this. I have NO personal gain from this sou I can't officially add my +1 BUT I would absolutely not mind seeing this. It could only mean positive things in the future though so why not. I have had my eye on the Xone92 for a while now. I would say it is fair to give it the club standard title second to Pioneer DJM-900/2000.
dizzyrocks2001 4:41 PM - 21 September, 2014
Another option... buy a mixer that is compatible with Serato DJ - there's a lot of them out there. Are you really that married to the DB4? The DB4 kinda strikes me as a niché mixer and Serato doesn't support any A&H products, so rather than holding your breath and petitioning for Serato to add support why not just get a mixer that works with Serato DJ? It doesn't hurt to ask Serato to support the DB4, but unless a couple of hundred other DB4 users chime in then I don't see it happening anytime soon.
runningoutofspace 12:14 PM - 22 September, 2014
Well, like I said...not a debate. I'm not just hoping for it and to be clear, it's both Xone DBs and K controllers that should get it.

If you are an owner/user or supporter..simply +1
Destrukto 12:55 PM - 21 October, 2014
+1
viper9711 6:17 PM - 21 October, 2014
And please support the Xone 4d. It´s a little bit old fashioned but built like a tank and sounds fantastic
Destrukto 10:01 PM - 22 October, 2014
A&H should pop a 92 over to Serato with a note saying "Oi mates! Stick your soundcard in here and we talk business".

Ha! wishful thinking..

But not to derail the thread, I stand in que with runningoutofspace, both DBs and Ks should get it. Both companies should take a look at their fan base and notice how 'short-changed' we sometimes feel. Here, you can buy this this top spec racing car, just don't hope for a spin around the track.. pfft.
DER_FICH 9:37 PM - 9 January, 2015
+1
runningoutofspace 7:22 PM - 15 January, 2015
Quote:
.... both DBs and Ks should get it.

hmmm...like a voice from the future.
blulabel 7:36 PM - 22 January, 2015
I'm sorry to have ever doubted you Serato. Thank you Thank you
Destrukto 9:09 PM - 22 January, 2015
WOOOP ! ! !

serato.com

Allen & Heath DB2, DB4 and Xone: K1 Support:

A new collaboration between Serato and Allen & Heath will allow users of their flagship DB2 & DB4 mixers to take advantage of Serato DJ and Serato DVS, without the need for an external interface. Users can create a powerful DVS setup with the addition of the Xone: K1, which will also have Official Serato Accessory support in a forthcoming release of Serato DJ.

The Allen & Heath DB2 and DB4 will work plug-and-play with Serato DJ, with the one-off purchase of the Serato DJ Club Kit.

More about support for the Allen & Heath DB2 & DB4:

serato.com
runningoutofspace 4:48 AM - 23 January, 2015
Happy as fat cat in a warm room!

I can say that this has been in the works for a long time but I couldn't talk about it because there were details to be ironed out before the announcement. IMHO, things didn't get rolling until around BPM Nottingham 2014. It only became official NOW so I didn't want to blow it by having loose lips...simply asked for support from both communities in their forums. We can thank both parties for making this a reality - especially Greg on the A&H team!

Personally, I've been waiting/asking for this since before I did the video for Allen&Heath in October 2013 with A&H because I was willing to do a Serato version and had hoped things would've worked but it wouldn't so we moved along. We're in the right time now. It would have been nice back then but I'm so glad it is a reality now.

Watchwww.youtube.com

I'd like to do a new video of this but I'll leave it to the experts, I've got a lot of files to transfer and things to get set-up.

Congrats everyone - I'm coming aboard.
DER_FICH 8:15 PM - 25 January, 2015
Thanks a lot for releasing DB4 & K1 !!!!
runningoutofspace 8:31 PM - 11 February, 2015
BPM is in Birmingham every year but forget about that for now....

I asked A&H the question about existing Serato users/SDJ+DVS License owners and was told that if you have SDJ & DVS licenses you WON'T need to buy the Club Kit as an extra purchase when Xone: DB & Xone:K support is released. I hope this makes sense.

You WILL need to wait for Serato to release support for these mixers and devices so don't go buying now and getting disappointed. Only the Beta testers (;P) have the workable version of Serato 1.7.X that can use these licenses now so be patient, it's right around the corner but on official time so it will come when it comes.

:)
deejdave 9:21 PM - 11 February, 2015
Quote:
SDJ & DVS licenses you WON'T need to buy the Club Kit

These two element are exactly what the club kit is. The ONLY difference is you save $59 by purchasing the two packaged together dubbed the "Club kit".
Hopefully that helps a bit.

"It's also the most affordable way of getting both a Serato DJ and DVS Expansion Pack license. Available for USD $169, you can save USD $59 by purchasing the Club Kit."

serato.com

Quote:
Only the Beta testers (;P) have the workable version of Serato 1.7.X that can use these licenses now so be patient, it's right around the corner but on official time so it will come when it comes.

Just out of curiosity was it A&H who said this part?
runningoutofspace 7:57 PM - 12 February, 2015
My speculation but I correct that now seeing that most of the kits are around $199 not $169. With the price of SDJ+DVS totaling $229, the Club Kit could be around the same price as the other kits ($199). Realistically, a savings of $29 could be had if the kit is at that price and Only includes SDJ+DVS but if you also cut the three FX pack prices in half it comes to $60 saved. and that is how I came up with that.

Who knows..It's up to Serato to set the price and ultimately, it is "on official time so it will come when it comes".

On the Beta thing, I just bought the Suite at $299 because I'm interested in using the PNT & Flip. I needed it now and can't say more than an unreleased version is making SDJ+DVS work.