Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Twitch doesn't work for Itch.

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Novation TWITCH
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
JB vs. The Rhythm 4:21 AM - 4 October, 2013
Purchased a Novation Twitch earlier this week because the price is right, and decided to begin testing the waters when I brought it home. After installing it the first time, my Twitch got an error and shows up as an unknown device. After installing the included version of Itch, restarting, Itch doesn't register the Twitch, so I uninstall, restart, and research the matter. I delete the "unknown device" and install the Novation driver 2.5. I also install the 'boxed' Itch software again, restart, and still have the same problem. In addition to this, I also installed Serato DJ, and the most recent version of Itch, restart, unplug/plug in the Twitch to power cycle it, and try out the two programs with to see what happens. Both DJ and Itch does not register the device as being plugged in. I'm certain the device works because it works with Traktor Pro 2 with no problems at all, but when it comes to anything Serato, Twitch doesn't exist. I checked the device manager and everything seems fine. Checked my audio devices, and it reads just fine. I really want to use Itch or DJ and start making mixes, but I'm lost at what to do next. I got the last Twitch at my local Guitar Center at a good price, and I can't imagine it not working when all the lights come on, and it actually works with other software. I'm also getting the firmware error #-1 message when the Twitch is actually plugged in, and can't seem to bypass this when I retry.

Do you have a solution for this? I really don't want to use Traktor if I don't have to. I shouldn't be limited to other programs when I could be using this with something I got with the package.

Thank you in advance.

-James Bailey
"SoulMonkeyRhythm (JB vs. The Rhythm.)
viktor frih 5:54 PM - 6 October, 2013
I have the same problem
Serato, Support
Sam GG 7:21 PM - 6 October, 2013
Hey James,

Firstly, When you connect your TWITCH, before you open up ITCH or Serato DJ right click on the sound options in the bottom right hand corner of your desktop. Select playback devices. Make sure that your TWITCH is enabled but NOT default. You need your computers internal soundcard to be set to default.

Also try connecting to a different USB port or try using a different USB cable.

Let me know how you go, if you still experience issues can you give me your computers full specs?

Cheers, Sam
Felix Twitch 2:04 AM - 17 October, 2013
I have the same problem and I tried what you said to Jame and it did not work. When I had the 1.3 version of Serato DJ, my Novation was working perfectly, but since I installed the 1.5 version it does not work anymore. It tells me that there is no compatible device connected. I just download Virtual Dj to see if it is not my Novation that doesn't work, but my Novation works well with the other software. I don't know what i need to do. Do you have a solution for this?

Thank you
Felix
Serato, Support
Sam GG 12:39 AM - 22 October, 2013
Hey,

We have recently released a version to fix some of the issues with 1.5, try it out here: serato.com

Let me know if it solves your issue.

Sam
8:05 AM, 5 Nov 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.