Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

EASTER EGG SSL feature migrated as final feature in Serato DJ

SiRocket 6:59 AM - 5 September, 2013
I know dubcowboy, dj kilmore, dynamix, p-trix, myself and MANY more Turntablist dj's would love to see the STICKER SYNC needle drop to cue point Easter Egg made a final FEATURE in Serato DJ... Or atleast still keep the crate name Easter Egg so that we can continue to use this awesome feature.

No other DVS software has it... GAME CHANGING for sure!

That is all :)
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:15 AM - 8 September, 2013
yep
dizzyrocks2001 2:20 AM - 9 September, 2013
What are these "sticker sync needle drop to cue point" and "crate name" easter eggs you speak of? I've googled both those and I can't find any information about them. I know about the super filter, loop roll, pong etc. easter eggs but I've never heard of the ones you mentioned.
SiRocket 7:02 PM - 9 September, 2013
+1000000000
SiRocket 7:03 PM - 9 September, 2013
and if it's because of lack of support here in this thread... I think someone from needs to EXPLAIN what this Easter Egg does...

I will bet you anything that if people knew about it, they would be blowing up this thread!! BUT NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT THIS AWESOME FEATURE... Traktor doesn't have it, VDJ doesn't have it..... WHY NOT INCLUDE THIS? ;)

that is all!
SiRocket 7:04 PM - 9 September, 2013
from Serato*
dizzyrocks2001 3:51 PM - 10 September, 2013
I'm having a real hard time understanding what you're talking about... very cryptic. It seems the easter egg you're referring to doesn't exist but you want it to exist, but you're not explaining what the easter egg is or does. "Sticker sync needle drop to cue point"... does that mean when you drop the needle it automatically jumps to a cue point and is in sync with the other track?
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:51 PM - 10 September, 2013
it's been in since 1.9.2

Sticker Sync can do a few things.

As long as your sticker is in the right place, it can:

-load your first cue marker at 12 o'clock
-set your cue at 12 using drop-to-cue mode
-load an instant double with match marker position rather than playhead location

I use all of those.

Before I would:
load a track
move the marker on my record to 12
press cue point 1
mix

now I:
move my marker to 12 while loading track at the same time
mix

my first cue point is always at 12 o clock on the turntable.

Additionally,
I use needle drop-to-cue. No matter where I drop my needle within the first 5 bands, the cue I want to play is ALWAYS EXACTLY at 12 o'clock on the turntable

INSTANT DOUBLE
normally when you instant double, the track duplicates at the exact same position as the first deck. If your records are marked and you are about to do a routine, you would have to set up your cue points in the right spot. With this feature, if you are about to juggle...lets say your first juggle point happened to fall around 9 o'clock on the turntable, after you duplicate the deck, the 2nd deck would also have this cue point set to the same location on the turntable.

confusing isn't it? which is probably why this has been the most unknown EASTER EGG ever. I think its the most powerful feature of using vinyl with software. It shaved time off my work flow, took my eyes away from the computer, and gave me more confidence to try scratches and routines.

HOW DO YOU ACTIVATE?
after you mark your records at true twelve o clock
Watchwww.youtube.com
you gotta make some crates

in 2.3 and above

make crates called

stickersync-doubleX
stickersync-cueX

where X = N for near, B for back, F for Forward or D for disable

near means the cue will be lined up with the closest 12
back means you spin the record back to get to your cue'
forward means you move the record forward to the next 12 o clock to get to your cue
d is so you don't have to erase the crates
dizzyrocks2001 7:12 PM - 10 September, 2013
Ahhh, I see now. My guess is once they've worked out any kinks they'll make it a standard feetch.
SiRocket 10:58 PM - 10 September, 2013
Quote:
it's been in since 1.9.2

-load an instant double with match marker position rather than playhead location

I use all of those.

Before I would:
load a track
press cue point 1
mix

now I:
mix

Additionally,
I use needle drop-to-cue. No matter where I drop my needle within the first 5 bands, the cue I want to play is ALWAYS EXACTLY at 12 o'clock on the turntable

INSTANT DOUBLE
normally when you instant double, the track duplicates at the exact same position as the first deck. If your records are marked and you are about to do a routine, you would have to set up your cue points in the right spot. With this feature, if you are about to juggle...lets say your first juggle point happened to fall around 9 o'clock on the turntable, after you duplicate the deck, the 2nd deck would also have this cue point set to the same location on the turntable.

confusing isn't it? which is probably why this has been the most unknown EASTER EGG ever. I think its the most powerful feature of using vinyl with software. It shaved time off my work flow, took my eyes away from the computer, and gave me more confidence to try scratches and routines.

HOW DO YOU ACTIVATE?
Watchwww.youtube.com

in 2.3 and above

make crates called

stickersync-doubleX
stickersync-cueX

forward means you move the record forward to the next 12 o clock to get to your cue

THANKS FOR THIS DUB!!!!!! <3
SiRocket 10:58 PM - 10 September, 2013
oh and yeah!!! Serato pleassssse!!!!! <3
Dr0p 6:13 PM - 12 September, 2013
wow I didn't know about this. Awesome
SiRocket 8:27 AM - 24 September, 2013
+200000
ral 2:47 PM - 24 September, 2013
+999999999
Joshua Carl 4:45 PM - 24 September, 2013
yup yup yup....
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:36 PM - 24 September, 2013
+12 o'clock
s3kn0tr0n1c 7:14 PM - 24 September, 2013
dope...great work serato.
EricM 6:03 AM - 26 September, 2013
Nice, please make it a feature. +1
radikarl 12:31 PM - 26 September, 2013
+1
acemc 3:47 AM - 2 October, 2013
+1
the_black_one 3:52 AM - 2 October, 2013
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Smemtex (AoS) 2:14 PM - 2 October, 2013
+11
The Human Error 1:39 PM - 9 October, 2013
Am I the only one who doesn't get this to work?
Mark Quest 5:09 PM - 9 October, 2013
Quote:

On SSL or SDJ?

...because it only exists in the former. this thread is about getting it in to SDJ.

Derp.
'The Human Error'.. don't be so harsh on yourself man, at least blame your parents :D
"The Parental Mistake" has a catchy sound to it...
The Human Error 5:33 PM - 9 October, 2013
On SSL...

Human Error always blame the equipment.

Quote:
Quote:

On SSL or SDJ?

...because it only exists in the former. this thread is about getting it in to SDJ.

Derp.
'The Human Error'.. don't be so harsh on yourself man, at least blame your parents :D
"The Parental Mistake" has a catchy sound to it...
Eskei83 7:29 AM - 10 January, 2014
Bump
Vekked 2:08 PM - 10 January, 2014
100% need this in SDJ
Jay Jack 8:47 PM - 10 January, 2014
+1
SiRocket 1:56 AM - 13 January, 2014
stoked to see the support on this. Thanks everyone!
lazy soul 7:13 PM - 4 February, 2014
WOW ! Never heard of this ! Very necessary !!!
Col Mustard 8:19 PM - 4 February, 2014
what the, NEVER knew about this, this is dope.
Cheap Monk 7:12 AM - 20 February, 2014
Great feature... but seems to only works on primary decks...
Am I the only one who've that issue ?
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:29 PM - 20 February, 2014
might be the case. never tried it with 3 or 4 decks
SiRocket 2:32 AM - 21 February, 2014
can't wait for this to work with serato DJ! :)
Steve E Wunda 11:14 PM - 21 February, 2014
Quote:
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:31 PM - 22 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Eskei83 10:32 PM - 22 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Eskei83 10:34 PM - 22 February, 2014
I think with the next "I want sticker sync" post, I will get banned :D
SiRocket 9:10 AM - 23 February, 2014
Quote:
I think with the next "I want sticker sync" post, I will get banned :D

:)
Fl!ped 8:06 PM - 1 March, 2014
i want this too
+100
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:24 PM - 1 March, 2014
I'm still on SSL

because, Sticker Sync....
Eskei83 3:52 AM - 2 March, 2014
Quote:
I'm still on SSLbecause, Sticker Sync....

haha, me too
djcrap 5:25 AM - 2 March, 2014
Yup please add this
SiRocket 10:24 PM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I'm still on SSLbecause, Sticker Sync....

haha, me too

+1
Eloy Garcia 10:37 PM - 12 March, 2014
+1,000 on this coming to Serato DJ 100%
music man 12:03 PM - 15 March, 2014
+1
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:15 PM - 15 March, 2014
I've to realize this is the feature I use the most in SCRATCH LIVE.
SiRocket 12:33 AM - 16 March, 2014
Quote:
I've to realize this is the feature I use the most in SCRATCH LIVE.

Me too!
Jay Jack 6:58 PM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:
I'm still on SSL because, Sticker Sync....
TrashGordon 8:18 PM - 1 April, 2014
+1
Culprit 7:38 AM - 3 April, 2014
Hey Dub, this feature in ssl was broken at one point correct? I assume they fixed it and its working in 2.5?
Eskei83 7:52 AM - 3 April, 2014
It was never broken
Culprit 7:56 AM - 3 April, 2014
Quote:
It was never broken

Gotcha, i thought it was..
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:57 AM - 3 April, 2014
it broke in 2.2 but was fixed in 2.3 and the codes changed
SiRocket 11:28 PM - 3 April, 2014
Quote:
it broke in 2.2 but was fixed in 2.3 and the codes changed
Joshua Carl 7:15 PM - 4 April, 2014
Can someone repost the walk through

I do a miserable job trying to explain what this is to people
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:12 PM - 6 April, 2014
Quote:
it's been in since 1.9.2

I use all of those.

Before I would:
load a track
press cue point 1
mix

now I:
mix

Additionally,

INSTANT DOUBLE

HOW DO YOU ACTIVATE?
Watchwww.youtube.com

in 2.3 and above

make crates called

stickersync-doubleX
stickersync-cueX

SiRocket 6:31 AM - 7 April, 2014
thanks dub!
Joshua Carl 4:38 PM - 7 April, 2014
thanks dub!
SiRocket 2:39 AM - 14 April, 2014
Sticker Sync Drop to Cue Point - Easter Egg in full effect / use!!!

Official Agiprodj, Reloop RP-8000, Rane, 12inchskinz Collaboration Video! -> www.youtube.com
DeeJay Queazy 5:35 AM - 16 April, 2014
Please Serato....Sticker Sync....and a MIDI panel so i can map Instant doubles, load A/B when I don't want to use my hc1000s

Sticker Sync is the reason i keep going back to SSL. I love SDJ but we need those super innovative features. Vinyl....sticker sync....its a no brainer
DJ Marty 5:44 AM - 16 April, 2014
#teamstickersync :)
AKIEM 6:39 PM - 16 April, 2014
#teamstickersync +
Eskei83 7:14 PM - 16 April, 2014
+
SiRocket 9:24 PM - 16 April, 2014
FROM SAM STOKES (Serato) on the Serato Control Vinyl Collectors Facebook Group..

"We haven't ignored anyone when it comes to sticker sync or any other requested feature from our userbase. We read everything and also work with many artists and DJs that give us a lot of feedback that we do take very seriously. No artists are being ignored... As the person responsible for artist relations at Serato, I can vouch for that. Sticker Sync is a feature that we are aware but have no current plans to develop in the short term. It's priority is just below a lot of other work and with limited development resources, it's never possible to do everything at once. Havin gsaid that it's not impossible that it won't be a future feature, there's just no plans just yet."
SiRocket 9:25 PM - 16 April, 2014
FROM MYSELF in response to Sam Stokes (Serato) on the Serato Control Vinyl Collectors Facebook Group..

"Sam Stokes, the forum posts (all 4 or 5 of them) have been ghost-towns as far as serato having any presence in them. Your post is the first public acknoledgement of it even existing on social or forums from what i can recall over the years. I would love to say thank you but it is kind of funny that someone has to make a huge stink in order to finally get some type of public answer Appreciated though. ;)

It's a feature that seemed to be "easy" (i know you guys hate that word), to implement since you guys took the time to make it an easter egg... stop the current bs and move the damn thing over to SDJ.. My voice is better used to support you guys instead of call out the faults :)

----

I'll just patiently wait on the sidelines for things like the "midi panel" to be a feature in SDJ, so I can assign midi with any controller instead of the licensed ones. I'm sure you have a bunch of features on your plate to migrate over and add.. I just feel the timing might not have been right to slow down another program and launch a new one that lacked a good amount of features from the old one. You never make customers happy that way. But it's a $$$ game and I can respect that. ;) "
AKIEM 9:26 PM - 16 April, 2014
that kinda sucks.
SiRocket 9:28 PM - 16 April, 2014
I think we should all put a short video together (cell phone works) and briefly show was sticker sync drop to cue point does… and maybe put the videos together in a dropbox and finalize a collab video or something?

It boggles me to think that Serato has slept on having "vinyl pioneers" like Jazzy Jeff, introduced to this feature..

The next thing that is funny, is the fact that disposable time was wasted to make it an easter egg… If you don't have any time, then why make an egg for fun? :(
SiRocket 9:28 PM - 16 April, 2014
what*
AKIEM 9:49 PM - 16 April, 2014
^exact

honestly - I think this is the longest standing feature request, with the most discussion. It could be seen as a simplification, if its just sync, blah.... blah....

whatever, Im done.
AKIEM 9:51 PM - 16 April, 2014
serato.com

9 years.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:03 PM - 16 April, 2014
Hi team!

Sorry there has been no reply in this thread from a Serato human.

I do understand this is a feature that you guys are very passionate about and is an integral part of your workflow. We recognise that and would like to develop this in future alongside a lot of other features and improvements, I just can't give any kind of timeframe or plan as to if and when this will happen.

Some other features and improvements that have priority currently are; developing the MIDI panel for mapping extra functionality (such as library scrolling, instant doubles etc.), chronological cue point sorting, library database improvement and development, a tonne of bug fixes and also new features as well.

It's on our radar for sure and not something we've thrown in the bin. Keep rallying the support - the products team is always hanging around here.

Sam.
SiRocket 10:15 PM - 16 April, 2014
This is all i've wanted to hear for awhile! :)

Getting it on the radar is the first step… I think all of us should put something together to present an unofficial "feature release" hype video similar to how serato shows off the slicer feature, or something…? So that we can build some following and get this thing in gear?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:15 PM - 16 April, 2014
Easter Eggs by nature are not stable and tested features. To develop an easter egg as an actual feature is totally different as well as it requires a large amount of time spent on testing across multiple software platforms and hardware combinations.

When that was developed, Serato was a completely different company and to be honest with you, did not have the same strict code and quality practices that we use today.

Quote:
It boggles me to think that Serato has slept on having "vinyl pioneers" like Jazzy Jeff, introduced to this feature..

We've talked to Jeff about this feature and also about many others that he would love to see in the future and that feedback does help to prioritise development. It doesn't mean we can necessarily build it tomorrow.

Happy to stay in here and answer any questions I can. As i've mentioned, your feedback is all noticed by our product planning team.

Sam.
SiRocket 10:16 PM - 16 April, 2014
i know eskei and myself put out some dope videos (his skills are better than mine of course!) so maybe that's a start...
Eskei83 10:22 PM - 16 April, 2014
I can't believe that you guys need our help to see how heavy this feature is. Watch DJs performing (on YouTube) an you'll see that they all press the first cue point after loading a track to line up stickers.

Watch the thre3style videos, watch Jeff, watch atrak, watch craze...

James Vanas wrote the code at Musik Messe over night!!!
SiRocket 10:26 PM - 16 April, 2014
Quote:
I can't believe that you guys need our help to see how heavy this feature is. Watch DJs performing (on YouTube) an you'll see that they all press the first cue point after loading a track to line up stickers.

Watch the thre3style videos, watch Jeff, watch atrak, watch craze...

James Vanas wrote the code at Musik Messe over night!!!

AMEN!!! lining up the sticker and hitting the cue is an extra step… i can setup a juggle or scratch in a quick manner with sticker drop.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:28 PM - 16 April, 2014
Eskei, we know man :) We also always need help to understand how important certain features are for DJs.

As i've said there is just a lot of other development that is a priority before this can be developed properly. A lot of this other work that has priority is related to artist feedback as well.

Developers can't just write code and put into releases overnight anymore either :) That's where bugs and instability come from.
AKIEM 10:29 PM - 16 April, 2014
have to agree - this is just the complete 'no brainer' (outside of people who formed habits AFTER using dvs)
SiRocket 10:33 PM - 16 April, 2014
Just me being Ricky, but can SDJ get any more buggy? :p :p :p
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:37 PM - 16 April, 2014
Hey Si, you just talking about the CDJ cue jumping issue? We are fixing that currently.

What other issues are you experiencing? Have you opened help requests with our support team to look into those?

Sam.
SiRocket 10:45 PM - 16 April, 2014
cue jumping is a big one, but i know you guys are on that one. :)

----

Novation Dicer User Cue Issue -> serato.com which went unanswered… Basically made me not care to open up more threads for other items :(

Of course the library/preferences and restart issue and other bugs with Serato Video that already have threads opened up for them that I have bumped a few times. It was enough frustration to make me go buy Mix Emergency this last weekend.

Most of my other bugs already have threads.

To be honest I haven't really put much more time into SDJ due to the issues and lack of features (even after buying a few plug-ins and anxiously waiting to use pitch n time).

One issue that i'm not sure of a post / ticket being opened is the audio distortion clipping (not red lighting) when scratching in a track with the 62 (latest firmware and on 1.6.1)… it's not super noticeable but it's enough to think something is wrong with the track you are juggling or scratching in when opening the fader. Once again I just kind of lost hope on getting replies back and taking the time to open up a ticket.

----
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:48 PM - 16 April, 2014
I'll get that Novation one looked at now.

Quote:
One issue that i'm not sure of a post / ticket being opened is the audio distortion clipping (not red lighting) when scratching in a track with the 62 (latest firmware and on 1.6.1)… it's not super noticeable but it's enough to think something is wrong with the track you are juggling or scratching in when opening the fader. Once again I just kind of lost hope on getting replies back and taking the time to open up a ticket.

We can't really reproduce this or try and fix it if it is an issue without you opening a help request and working with our support team. If you could, I will get someone to look into that with you.

Quote:
Of course the library/preferences and restart issue

What is this one in particular? Is there a thread you can link me to?

Quote:
Most of my other bugs already have threads.

Quote:
other bugs with Serato Video that already have threads opened up for them that I have bumped a few times.

Links please :) Just so I can see where these issues are at myself and check on the status.

Cheers,

sam.
nik39 10:53 PM - 16 April, 2014
Lol... I was with James that night and we were at my place when he wrote that easter egg. ;) just before he started to get busy on the turntables and... The power shut off. (you DJ so baaaaaad thread/joke ;)) The entire block was without any juice!! Classic night. And the power goes off here probably... Once in ten years or something.

Anyway.. I understand that having that as an official feature would require a lot of speccing and testing.

But couldn't we have this as an Easter Egg again? Come on Serato... It's Easter holidays time and Easter egg time :)))
Eskei83 10:56 PM - 16 April, 2014
Quote:

But couldn't we have this as an Easter Egg again? Come on Serato... It's Easter holidays time and Easter egg time :)))

+1000
AKIEM 10:56 PM - 16 April, 2014
SiRocket 10:57 PM - 16 April, 2014
Sam,

This is the Video issue… many people are saying it keeps coming back (SDJ or SSL).. and have to restart (without the preference fix each time) to fix it..

You guys list it in your very own support faq -> serato.com

------

I'll open up a support thread for the distortion issue… it's basically a small "blip" when you cut the beginning of the audio clip and open the fader, either for a juggle or for a scratch… it happens about 30-40% of the time. It isn't super noticeable but it's enough to bug me. Buffer settings are ok and not USB drop outs.

It might be a hard one to record on video as it's very faint.. but it's enough to piss off any guy that is recording a production CD… playing live i can see people not caring.. I have tried different tracks and it does it with videos, audio, etc.
SiRocket 10:58 PM - 16 April, 2014
Quote:

Back on track!!!! :) :)

I'm ok with an easter egg, i really am… i've lived with the egg for many years and will do it again (until the next software release comes out where I have to start crap again! lol)
Eskei83 11:06 PM - 16 April, 2014
Leave it as an Easter egg. Let the other DJs ruin their sets with stupid cue point pushing after load. I ain't got time for that.
SiRocket 11:09 PM - 16 April, 2014
Quote:
Leave it as an Easter egg. Let the other DJs ruin their sets with stupid cue point pushing after load. I ain't got time for that.

Eskei83 11:22 PM - 16 April, 2014
:D
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:37 PM - 17 April, 2014
easter is in a few days.

Thanks for paying attention to #teamstickersync Sam. I know Steve has our back on this one.

Vinyl control seems to be gaining popularity again. It's a good time that this gets some love.

Vinyl control will always be THE top tier of DJ skills.
Serato does vinyl control the best.
Therefore Serato is the best solution for the best DJs.
SiRocket 7:05 PM - 17 April, 2014
Easter should be big this year since both Easters (orthodox included) fall on 4/20 this year? What better day to celebrate! ;)
Eskei83 10:36 PM - 18 April, 2014
better don't tell A-Trak about the Sticker Mode!

www.facebook.com
SiRocket 1:14 AM - 19 April, 2014
Quote:
better don't tell A-Trak about the Sticker Mode!

www.facebook.com

Most slept on feature... EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Reminds me of namm in the early 2000's when all the dj's were amazed by the protools plug-in and then SSL.. yet said "nah we will just stick to vinyl, and no laptop" ;)
SirForce 1:07 PM - 21 April, 2014
bump... TTT
SiRocket 6:26 PM - 21 April, 2014
I always love a good bump for stickersync! :)
Jensen Määäm 11:04 PM - 21 April, 2014
I havent used it, but after reading this...it is a great feature in SSL, bring that to SDJ please.
DJ Dub Cowboy 1:26 AM - 22 April, 2014
I have also noticed that the response in Serato DJ for 'drop to cue' is horrible compared to Scratch Live.
SiRocket 4:06 AM - 22 April, 2014
it's beyond horrible…. it's to the point where it doesn't register half the time (even with 2.5 tone disks)…

I want to stay professional… but…

ITS A PIECE OF SHIT…
DJ Marty 3:26 AM - 1 May, 2014
bump :)
DJ JT Stevens 10:22 PM - 2 May, 2014
I'm nowhere near the level you guys are at when it comes to turntablism, but I can definitely get on board with this becoming a full fledged feature. It just makes good sense and would help everyone's workflow.

I'm going to give the Easter Egg version a try this weekend. Thanks to Dub for the detailed info!
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:06 PM - 3 May, 2014
nice!

this feature will improve the turntablism in all of us
djunitmusic 3:55 AM - 5 May, 2014
Yes. Bring sticker sync to SDJ!
SiRocket 7:11 PM - 8 May, 2014
Yessssssssssss! Bring it! Or I'll have to go on a social media bashing rampage again..
Jay Jack 2:38 PM - 11 May, 2014
#teamstickersync
DJ Marty 10:06 PM - 30 May, 2014
bump
SiRocket 6:39 AM - 31 May, 2014
Woooooo! another month passes :) lol
DJ Ajaxx 7:22 PM - 5 June, 2014
Plus +1 to pretty much every post in this thread. It is such an awesome feature that doesn't nearly get enough recognition because it can be so awesome and helpful once you understand how it all works and how it can benefit you.
aSiNe 10:07 PM - 9 June, 2014
+1

gutted I didn't know about this earlier!
SiRocket 5:40 AM - 10 June, 2014
is serato still alive? it's been real quick lately on many topics, missing features, bugs, etc..... #crickets
SiRocket 6:33 AM - 10 June, 2014
spelling fail.... i guess i need to fix some bugs myself. lol!

*quiet
whitenite 9:00 AM - 10 June, 2014
+1 THOUSAND
Serato, Support
Matt P 3:55 PM - 10 June, 2014
Hi SiRocket, and co,

We haven't stopped listening and are still aware of the strong desire to have this feature migrated in to SDJ. Currently we just don't have any information to tell yet.

Matt P
SiRocket 7:27 AM - 11 June, 2014
i'm about to pop some bubbly to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of this thread :)
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:33 AM - 16 June, 2014
If they can't even impliment the AM easter egg makes you wonder whats going on over at Serato HQ, did the good developers jump ship, seems SDJ has been a mess since day 1
SiRocket 5:45 AM - 16 June, 2014
Quote:
If they can't even impliment the AM easter egg makes you wonder whats going on over at Serato HQ, did the good developers jump ship, seems SDJ has been a mess since day 1

Agreed.
Mr. Leenknecht 4:58 PM - 21 June, 2014
Didn't know about it but would be very helpful to most turntablists that are pushing hitting their dicers every time they do a small spinback.

Anyhow, drop to cue point still less sensitive as in SSL. Such a pity!
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:18 AM - 22 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed.

Cheer up guys. Our dev team has more talent than it ever has in the past. It just so happens we haven't implemented two features you guys are requesting.

Although sticker sync and AM mode as still very important features that I take very seriously, you can't say that the dev team are incapable of implementing some other cool features in Serato DJ so far, things that have improved the Serato DJ experience for a lot of other people.

We won't forget about sticker sync though :)
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:11 PM - 22 June, 2014
you (Serato) have already taken the first step by admitting it exists!!!
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:15 PM - 22 June, 2014
I've trying to use Serato DJ as much as possible but I just switched back to Scratch Live for the sticker sync aspect and there is such a huge difference between the way vinyl control works in DJ vs SSL.

Sticker sync is absolutely dependable with drop to cue in SSL.

Drop to cue in Serato DJ works about half the time. On Friday (using DJ) I was getting a weird glitch where dropping the needle on the record would switch it to internal mode and drop the tempo by 50%. Only on the right deck though....
SiRocket 3:34 AM - 23 June, 2014
the sensitivity on regular drop to cue on DJ is embarrassing.... same with SSL doe! That's why sticker sync rules!

It's nice that this feature is getting some shine finally :)
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:49 AM - 23 June, 2014
Quote:
Drop to cue in Serato DJ works about half the time. On Friday (using DJ) I was getting a weird glitch where dropping the needle on the record would switch it to internal mode and drop the tempo by 50%. Only on the right deck though....

We have had reports of drop to cue not being as sensitive in other areas of the forum. I will make a note of this and we will investigate it as soon as possible.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 8:10 AM - 24 June, 2014
You might like to read this:

Quote:
Quote:
Stickersync

We got you! We are looking to add this in an update.

serato.com

no timeframe or promises here yet apart from Logans statement, but its on the list of things we want to do :)
Jay Jack 4:56 PM - 2 August, 2014
SiRocket 1:38 AM - 3 August, 2014
:(
djnvs 6:50 AM - 8 August, 2014
Man!.. I remember when Ricky Jay told me about this... seriously needed in SDJ...
Serato, Support
Matt P 7:15 AM - 8 August, 2014
If you happened to catch the DJ City Q&A session, we announced that it will be coming in a future update, likely the following release after 1.7 if all goes well :)

Matt P
Age Be 7:21 AM - 8 August, 2014
+
Eskei83 7:44 AM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
If you happened to catch the DJ City Q&A session, we announced that it will be coming in a future update, likely the following release after 1.7 if all goes well :)

Matt P

Will there be a complete video of the session?
Jay Jack 5:45 PM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:

Will there be a complete video of the session?

here you go :)

news.djcity.com
Serato, Support
Matt P 7:17 AM - 9 August, 2014
Eskei83,

You'll notice you got a shout out about it too :)

Matty
Eskei83 12:03 PM - 9 August, 2014
Quote:
Eskei83,

You'll notice you got a shout out about it too :)

Matty

Hehe yeah. Thanks so much! Btw: will you guys come to Azerbaijan for the 3Style Worlds?
Serato, Support
Matt P 6:24 PM - 9 August, 2014
Eskei83,

I won't be, but maybe someone from the team will. Looks like an amazing place to hold it. Good luck taking the title!

Matty
Eskei83 7:14 PM - 9 August, 2014
Quote:
Eskei83,

I won't be, but maybe someone from the team will. Looks like an amazing place to hold it. Good luck taking the title!

Matty

Thanks. Need to win my national first.
SiRocket 3:37 PM - 10 August, 2014
I'm starting to get positive again after this last week :)
DJ Compiler 4:35 AM - 12 August, 2014
Hey Matt,

When you say next release do you mean 1.7.1 or 1.8
s3kn0tr0n1c 7:19 AM - 12 August, 2014
and is is a "official" feature or easter egg?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 7:22 AM - 12 August, 2014
Version 1.7.1.
We want to make it official in Serato DJ :)
SiRocket 4:01 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:
Version 1.7.1.

I want to see a "Nick" video showcasing it!!!! :) :) :) :)
s3kn0tr0n1c 5:50 PM - 12 August, 2014
Quote:
Version 1.7.1.
sweet!!!
AKIEM 7:05 PM - 12 August, 2014
DeeJay Queazy 2:19 AM - 13 August, 2014
Serato. This news makes my week....hell maybe even my month. I am happy to see stickersync has taken priority and is scheduled for a future release. I have loved SDJ since I first sold my SL1 and bought a new sl2 in Feb the day SDJ was released with DVS. But it has taken alkot of time for SDJ to be my 100% of the time software because of the missing features from SSL. I'm up to 90% thanks to Midi panel. Now could you please add output lighting? I would like to be able to set my APC20 up where I can have lights on then change when hit. For instance set my cues to stay green then change red when i hit them and back to green as i let go. Is this possible?
Serato, Support
Matt P 5:39 AM - 13 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Version 1.7.1.

I want to see a "Nick" video showcasing it!!!! :) :) :) :)

Me too!
SiRocket 5:08 AM - 14 August, 2014
☺ ☺ ☺ STICKERSYNC VIDEO ☺ ☺ ☺

People have been asking me... What is stickersync? How does it work? Why do "we" need it?

Here is a 4 minute video that I put together demonstrating what it does, and how it works, and how I use it :) Shouts to Jonathan Medina for the motivation to put the video together.

VIDEO -> Watchwww.youtube.com
DeeJay Queazy 5:10 AM - 14 August, 2014
^^^^This..."Show the world!". Salute.
Eskei83 6:17 AM - 14 August, 2014
Good video. You don't use it when you load a track?

What I really like is that it loads a track straight to the sticker, when you have "start from first cue point" enabled.

That's even more important to me, than the actual drop feature.

So you don't have to jump to the first cue when you load a track.
SiRocket 6:21 AM - 14 August, 2014
Quote:
Good video. You don't use it when you load a track?

What I really like is that it loads a track straight to the sticker, when you have "start from first cue point" enabled.

That's even more important to me, than the actual drop feature.

So you don't have to jump to the first cue when you load a track.

I use that part of the feature in the clubs religiously but i didn't want to add more to the video for confusion :)

I think that extra perk will be the winner for people wanting to use this feature!
Serato, Support
Matt P 5:14 PM - 14 August, 2014
Great video SiRocket! Thanks for posting it up.

Matt P
DeeJay Queazy 5:55 PM - 14 August, 2014
After watching it again I would say that if you would have explained true 12 and how to find it then this would be much easier to understand for new people not familiar with sticker sync.
SiRocket 8:10 PM - 14 August, 2014
i didn't want to add too many things to it. Similar to the load track to cue that eskei mentioned.

Serato can do a full featured video. Or even you can do a follow up or someone can? :)

I just wanted to cover the basics to show how it works...
dieterbo 10:46 AM - 15 August, 2014
thanks to ricky jay! the video is dope and this is a helluva feature. i wished i knew about this earlier. I always saw your #stickersync but didn't get it.
SiRocket 1:23 AM - 8 October, 2014
i guess the 1.7.1 "teaser" was just that.... but that's none of my business :(
DeeJay Queazy 1:37 AM - 8 October, 2014
What choo talkin bout Willis?
SiRocket 2:04 AM - 8 October, 2014
Nvm. Serato wins. They said 1.7.2 in the djcity video not 1.7.1. #hidesincorner :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 3:21 AM - 8 October, 2014
It's close man :)
DeeJay Queazy 3:29 AM - 8 October, 2014
When is the next update anyway? Days? Weeks? Month?
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:16 PM - 8 October, 2014
Quote:
It's close man :)

it hurts!!!
djcrap 11:07 PM - 8 October, 2014
Quote:

in serato years. The day will be its coming soon. Month will be when ever its ready. Year will be in a future update.
Serato, Support
Matt P 11:20 PM - 8 October, 2014
Considering 1.7 was september, and 1.7.1 was october, you can count on it being sooner, rather than later...

Quote:
Quote:

in serato years. The day will be its coming soon. Month will be when ever its ready. Year will be in a future update.
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:18 AM - 9 October, 2014
like!
Culprit 5:57 PM - 9 October, 2014
Quote:
like!

we could use a like button ::hint hint::
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:27 AM - 21 October, 2014
This feature is no longer an easter egg, it has become a setup screen option available in the 1.7.2 Public Beta, available here: serato.com

Let me know how it goes for you :)
SiRocket 2:32 AM - 21 October, 2014
LETS STRESS TEST THE CRAP OUT OF THIS!!!!

If you like what the fellas did, shoot them a virtual beer/cheers in this thread -> serato.com
AKIEM 5:31 AM - 21 October, 2014
chistorra 1:29 AM - 7 June, 2015
I'm testing in Serato Scratch Live 2.2 but does not work, the codes will be different?
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:39 AM - 7 June, 2015
SeratoDJ 1.7.5 no codes needed
Paul Sid 11:01 PM - 1 May, 2016
Hi
I'm new here. I have a question regarding Novation dicers and do they work with needle drop to cue point? Say I have 3 cue points set on a track which i access via drop to cue, can the cue triggers on the dicer trigger these cues?

Also if I have sticker sync enabled how do the cues work from the dicer? This confuses me. An eg, say i have sticker syn set so cue one (lets say beginning beat) starts at 2 o'clock. it plays for a quarter rotation so the sticker is roughly at the 8 o'clock mark... I then hit the cue trigger on the dicer which restarts the track from the beginning.. But the sticker will still be at 8 o'clock...?? So do the dicers not work correctly if you have sticker sync enabled?
Joshua Carl 1:01 AM - 2 May, 2016
Hitting the cue button (from anywhere) will supercede the sticker sync location on the vinyl

So when u load a track, cue1 will be at the zero point on the vinyl.

You hit the cue, (be it dicer or shortcut)
And that is now the cue point.
Paul Sid 7:07 AM - 2 May, 2016
So basically sticker sync doesn't work correctly with the dicers?
WarpNote 9:39 AM - 2 May, 2016
Quote:
So basically sticker sync doesn't work correctly with the dicers?

Basically you have misunderstood what the sticker sync feature really is.
It only plays into action when loading a track, after you start hammering cue points, the cue will obviously be reset to the point you triggered the cue. This is by spec, or else it would behave like regular abs mode...

And no, this is not related to dicers directly, this spec is the same whether you trigger cues by any midi or the keyboard shortcuts.
Paul Sid 9:50 AM - 2 May, 2016
Ah ok. I need to read up more. Another query was sticker sync is activated by the 1 min sections on the vinyl. But I'm assuming if a song continues past one minute and into the second cue point ring it won't activate cue point 2? In other words the track will continue to play even when it passes into the second ring?
WarpNote 10:44 AM - 2 May, 2016
The sticker sync will align the the first cue to the physical sticker on the vinyl, then play as normal. If you have drop to cues activated in setup, each minute groove on the vinyl will decide what cue the needle is dropped to. ie first minute = cue 1, second minute = cue 2 etc.

You dont really need to read up, just watch this one, and try it for yourself...
Watchwww.youtube.com
Paul Sid 10:49 AM - 2 May, 2016
Yes I've watched that but my query was if the track is longer than 1 min and goes into the second minute. I'm assuming this doesn't affect the track in terms of cue point 2 etc being activated
WarpNote 11:09 AM - 2 May, 2016
Your assumption is right :D
SiRocket 5:24 AM - 21 June, 2016
thanks warp for filling in on the info!!!

I need to come and check these forums more frequently. Thought it was a ghost town haha! :)
WarpNote 12:39 PM - 31 August, 2016
Uhm yeah, maybe you've been to busy bashing Serato on Facebook?
justsayin' ;-)