Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Mixtrack pro II plugged in but Serato DJ intro says hardware disconnected.

Product
Serato DJ Intro
Version
Hardware
Numark Mixtrack Pro II
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Chris B7 7:00 PM - 14 April, 2013
When I start DJ intro with my mixtrack pro II already plugged in the software flashes a 'hardware disconnected' warning at the top. The controller is lit up when it is plugged in but serato wont recognise it. I've made sure my laptop sound card is the default device but then the controller comes up as default communication sound device and I can't figure out how to change this. Whether that is the problem or not I don't know. Any ideas?
Serato, Support
Rui K 3:02 AM - 15 April, 2013
Hi Chris B7,

Could you first try ensuring that Windows is not selecting the controller as a sound device.

Check out this link: serato.com

Let me know if that works for you, and if not, could you please then try using a different USB cable, and try different USB ports on your computer.

Thanks
Rui
Chris B7 2:55 PM - 15 April, 2013
I have disabled it as a sound device and tried all the USB ports on my laptop. The controller is lit up so could it still be the cable? and I should say that it used to work fine when I used it last a few weeks ago.
Chris B7 3:33 PM - 15 April, 2013
I called the lovely folks at numark and was able to fix the problem. I had to edit part of my laptop registry to fix it. This youtube shows how to do it. www.youtube.com!
Serato, Support
Rui K 10:17 PM - 15 April, 2013
Great!

I will close this thread as problem solved.

Thanks
Rui