Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Inline flags for tracks

earnestdotcom 1:09 AM - 10 April, 2013
Hi. I'd like to be able to add notes to points in a song, like where I should mix out, or where the draggy parts are so I know to cue juggle past them, or where the salty language is so that I can duck it if the client so desires.

I imagine that they would visually look like cue points, perhaps with a different color, with a number on top that could correlate to a list of notes, and a preview of the specific note could be brought up by clicking on the flag inline, or by using a key command.

Thanks for taking time to look at my idea!
phatbob 2:11 AM - 10 April, 2013
Cue point labels already exist in Scratch Live and a lot of users would like them brought to SDJ. It seems kinda crazy that they aren't, as both use the same library: serato.com
earnestdotcom 2:16 AM - 10 April, 2013
Quote:
Cue point labels already exist in Scratch Live and a lot of users would like them brought to SDJ. It seems kinda crazy that they aren't, as both use the same library: serato.com

Cue point labels would be helpful, but I like to juggle cues and if I could conserve those for points I really want to cue vs. points of a song that I want to avoid (like the draggy points of JT's Suit and Tie, for example) I'd rather that. Of course, if we could have more cues for labeling I imagine that would serve a similar purpose.
Neil Cutler 3:46 AM - 11 August, 2014
+1 to flags for mix in, mix out ability for exactly the same reason: want cues for juggling
Rhead80 2:35 AM - 26 August, 2015
This really helps for those of us with older controllers. Mine only has three cue points so I cannot use them for "flagging" purposes. This feature would be extremely helpful.
DJ Compiler 10:45 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
This really helps for those of us with older controllers. Mine only has three cue points so I cannot use them for "flagging" purposes. This feature would be extremely helpful.

You could just use cues 4-8 as flags and put the ones you want to trigger on 1-3
05spoof 1:19 PM - 1 September, 2015
+1

There are just not enough cue points to use them as markers, flipping, live remixing, juggling, and scratching.

Allow us to add at least 3 characters (numbers and letters) that will display with the colored tag. Example I tag all the chorus's in a track blue and add a number indicating how many bars is in each chorus. Then I add a letter to that number letting me know if that chorus needs an effect applied. The letter I use determines the type during the mix out.
It would look like this [blue tag]8E