Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Snap when the FX deck number 1 or 2 is ON.

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
1.1.2
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Felipereis50 4:40 PM - 7 April, 2013
When the effect (even when in DRY) is On, a snap happens when I go to choose which deck I want to use this effect.

To crack this does not happen, I need to do the reverse.
First select the deck and then turn it on the effect.

This snap is a big problem, because it's ear when I record the music and the master output.

Is it a hardware problem?

Whenever I go to record a SET, I end up having this problem. It's a big problem.
Felipereis50 4:42 PM - 7 April, 2013
I'm from Brazil. Sorry for the mistakes of writing.
Felipereis50 4:49 PM - 7 April, 2013
Explaining a little better.

For I can not hear the snap. I need to assign that effect.

Ex: Deck 1 is playing. I select the effect of number 1 deck 1.Then i turn it on the effect. That way I do not hear the snap.

The crack is on the contrary.
Deck 1 is playing. Then i turn it on the effect. Then i click on deck number 1 of 1.
Thus the crack happens.
Serato, Support
Matt P 10:37 PM - 16 April, 2013
Hi Felipereis50,

If you would prefer to write in your first language i can try using google translate to figure it out.
From what i understand. You are having an issue with the fx and a dropout in the audio?

We don't currently support windows 8 OS, but will be soon.

Matt P
Felipereis50 12:55 AM - 17 April, 2013
use google.

Vou escrever na minha lingua então

Eu escuto um pequeno barulhinho, mas que é bem perceptivel na musica.
Realmente eu estou usando o windows 8. Vou usar em outro PC e ver se o barulho continua.
Não há queda de som ou parada de som. É apenas um barulho quando eu seleciono o deck.

Vou explicar.

Voce concorda que se eu clicar no botão ON do efeito ( pode ser do lado esquerdo ou direito, tanto faz) mas eu não selecionar de qual deck eu quero que saia esse efeito, claro que nao vai sair nada de som, pois o deck precisa ser selecionado ( 1,2,3 ou 4).
Ai que está o problema.
Se o Efeito estiver ON e só depois eu quiser selecionar o Deck , acontece o barulho.
Na prática, imagine que meu efeito ECCO está ON, mas o Knob está todo para a esqueda, isso significa que ele está ON, mas não sai efeito de som nenhum no master, porque está todo para a esquerda. Certo?
Vamos supor que eu estava usando esse efeito no deck 1, mas depois eu quero usar no deck 2, que estava desabilitado. Se eu clicar para abilitar o deck 2 vai ter barulho, mesmo que o knob esteja todo para esqueda.
O que eu teria que fazer? vc pergunta!
Eu teria que Desligar o ECCO ( luz ''On'' apagada) depois ON o deck 2, e só depois re-ligar o efeito ECCO ( luz Red '' On")

Se vc não entender eu faço um video.

Valeu
Felipereis50 12:55 AM - 17 April, 2013
Quote:
Hi Felipereis50,

If you would prefer to write in your first language i can try using google translate to figure it out.
From what i understand. You are having an issue with the fx and a dropout in the audio?

We don't currently support windows 8 OS, but will be soon.

Matt P



use google.

Vou escrever na minha lingua então

Eu escuto um pequeno barulhinho, mas que é bem perceptivel na musica.
Realmente eu estou usando o windows 8. Vou usar em outro PC e ver se o barulho continua.
Não há queda de som ou parada de som. É apenas um barulho quando eu seleciono o deck.

Vou explicar.

Voce concorda que se eu clicar no botão ON do efeito ( pode ser do lado esquerdo ou direito, tanto faz) mas eu não selecionar de qual deck eu quero que saia esse efeito, claro que nao vai sair nada de som, pois o deck precisa ser selecionado ( 1,2,3 ou 4).
Ai que está o problema.
Se o Efeito estiver ON e só depois eu quiser selecionar o Deck , acontece o barulho.
Na prática, imagine que meu efeito ECCO está ON, mas o Knob está todo para a esqueda, isso significa que ele está ON, mas não sai efeito de som nenhum no master, porque está todo para a esquerda. Certo?
Vamos supor que eu estava usando esse efeito no deck 1, mas depois eu quero usar no deck 2, que estava desabilitado. Se eu clicar para abilitar o deck 2 vai ter barulho, mesmo que o knob esteja todo para esqueda.
O que eu teria que fazer? vc pergunta!
Eu teria que Desligar o ECCO ( luz ''On'' apagada) depois ON o deck 2, e só depois re-ligar o efeito ECCO ( luz Red '' On")

Se vc não entender eu faço um video.

Valeu
Felipereis50 12:56 AM - 17 April, 2013
my language is portuguese .
Serato, Support
Matt P 4:18 AM - 17 April, 2013
oi Felipereis50,

Um vídeo ajudaria. Eu tive uma chance de testar o problema aqui. Efeitos estão funcionando como deveriam para mim.

Eu não estou recebendo todos os cliques ou estalidos ou qualquer som caiu quando ativar efeitos.

Matt P
Felipereis50 10:52 AM - 18 April, 2013
I will make a video.
and record a little mix ( sound) ...Like 1 minute.
Felipereis50 10:15 AM - 19 April, 2013
Use Google (portuguese)

Matt,

Estou enviando o link com o video que postei no youtube.
Também, existe o link do meu skydrive.
Procure pelas musicas com o nome : ''Original SONG" e "Music test Problem"

Me desculpe pelo inglês. Eu não sei falar bem.
Espero que vc entenda.

Tente fazer o teste. Esse problema é muito ruim.


skydrive.live.com!423&authkey=!AB4aukoToB6bEYM

Watchwww.youtube.com
Felipereis50 10:18 AM - 19 April, 2013
skydrive.live.com!423&authkey=!ANufaBcE5bNoQqE
Felipereis50 10:19 AM - 19 April, 2013
-----------skydrive.live.com!423&authkey=!AB4aukoToB6bEYM------------
Felipereis50 10:24 AM - 19 April, 2013
For the skydrive link.

You have to copy de name inside de hyperlink , paste to the browser and then copy the rest (black letter ) and paste.

so you will have the full link
Felipereis50 7:25 PM - 19 April, 2013
Quote:
oi Felipereis50,

Um vídeo ajudaria. Eu tive uma chance de testar o problema aqui. Efeitos estão funcionando como deveriam para mim.

Eu não estou recebendo todos os cliques ou estalidos ou qualquer som caiu quando ativar efeitos.

Matt P





Matt????

Did you see the video?
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:25 PM - 21 April, 2013
Hi Felipereis50

Sorry, i couldn't see the video. It says it doesn't exist.

Try using the "Attach a file" button on this page

Matt P
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:32 PM - 21 April, 2013
Obrigado pelo vídeo do youtube, eu entendo agora, eu vou testar isso agora.

Seus englishnis muito bom! você não precisa se preocupar. Eu só posso falar Inglês, então eu apreciar o quão difícil deve ser.

obrigado

Matt p
Felipereis50 11:26 PM - 21 April, 2013
Quote:
Obrigado pelo vídeo do youtube, eu entendo agora, eu vou testar isso agora.

Seus englishnis muito bom! você não precisa se preocupar. Eu só posso falar Inglês, então eu apreciar o quão difícil deve ser.

obrigado

Matt p



Hi Matt

you said you could not see the video in your first message.
in your second message you thanked the video and said he understood.

I was confused because the first message.


You could see the video?

About English, I understand very well when I listen. But there is no practice to speak.

I think this problem you should be able to quickly check.
Remembering.
I tested on win 7 and 8. same problem.
My computer was already formatted. I formatted it all to stay quiet.
My PC configuration is: Samsung Win 8, CORE i5. 2:50 GHZ 8GB Ram.
I use DDJ SX into a USB 2.0 port. But my PC also has 3.0.

hug
Felipereis50 11:30 PM - 21 April, 2013
Quote:
Estou enviando o link com o video que postei no youtube.
Também, existe o link do meu skydrive.
Procure pelas musicas com o nome : ''Original SONG" e "Music test Problem"

Me desculpe pelo inglês. Eu não sei falar bem.
Espero que vc entenda.

Tente fazer o teste. Esse problema é muito ruim.


Matt

I also sent the song that gave the test problem when I record.
Is in skydrive.

If u could not download, let me know.
Serato, Support
Matt P 1:58 AM - 22 April, 2013
Felipereis50 ,

I got to see the video, but couldn't access the file on skydrive. Its fine though, i can test with our files.

I'll have some more information for you soon.

Matt p
Felipereis50 12:20 AM - 23 April, 2013
Matt

this message was posted on the website of pionner.
I opened a topic there.

And a guy found the same problem.
Look at the message below.


----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------
I can confirm what he says too. If the effect is on, even when the knob is all the way to 0, the popping will occur. This started after the update of the latest serato, didnt have a problem with serato 1.0



If the effect select is already on, the problem doesnt exist.



However, when effect 1 is on, and you press effect one on the playing deck, a popping sound takes place.
Serato, Support
Matt P 3:56 AM - 23 April, 2013
Hi Felipereis50,

I've checked the problem and its a confirmed bug, this should be fixed in the next release of Serato DJ which is coming out very soon :)

Matt P
Felipereis50 9:06 AM - 23 April, 2013
Quote:
Hi Felipereis50,

I've checked the problem and its a confirmed bug, this should be fixed in the next release of Serato DJ which is coming out very soon :)

Matt P



OK Matt.

Thanks.
I ll close this thread