Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Vestax VCI-380, FX Knob Mod.

LJ_WOOLSEY 3:06 PM - 15 February, 2013
Hi there DJ's...

Love my VCI-380 but the control knob for the FX was doing my head in as it has a RED line to indicate where it is and in the dark dj boxes i could not see this.

So i got a mate to paint the line WHITE simply Mod but can see it soooo much better now in the dark dj boxes.

take a look. (Why vestax made them red i never know lol)

i190.photobucket.com
phatbob 3:16 PM - 15 February, 2013
A crazy design decision for sure. I leave them set as high-pass filters all the time, and I would regularly fade a track in only to realise the filter was on full...

Those knobs are the reason I first bought some Chroma Caps from DJ TechTools. The Super Knobs fit perfectly, and I found the taller profile more usable than the low profile of the originals.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:07 PM - 15 February, 2013
Quote:
A crazy design decision for sure. I leave them set as high-pass filters all the time, and I would regularly fade a track in only to realise the filter was on full...

Snap!

Have you got a picture of your vci-380 you can upload here ?
phatbob 5:23 PM - 15 February, 2013
phatbob 5:26 PM - 15 February, 2013
I bought a few more since, and put them all on my SX.

Need to buy some more for my 380 when it gets the Serato DJ upgrade and I bring it out of retirement.
phatbob 5:28 PM - 15 February, 2013
I'm not a fan of the fader caps, by the way. Soft rubber does not make for quick cuts. The knobs are great though. Really tactile.
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:32 PM - 15 February, 2013
Hhmmm ya there good might get the white ones. I just can't wait for activate stored loops not jump with serato dj.
westell54 5:46 AM - 19 September, 2014
I bought a set too, and I had the same issue with the fader caps. I bought the glow-in-the-dark fader caps because they are a hard plastic (instead of silicone) and they work perfectly. The glowing effect is cool too if you feed it some UV light...

I want to get the orange ones since most of the buttons on it light up orange most of time.