Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Kontrol Z2 as midi Mixer for Serato

Dj Chronix 4:54 PM - 25 November, 2012
Hey guys,
i was able to test the Kontrol Z2 Mixer from Native Instruments and i was really surprised of the good smooth faders and the possibilities you became for such a cheap price.
Anyway, I don't want to change to traktor because of you can't do video djing with it.

So does anyone know if i can use the Kontrol Z2 simple as hardware midi mixer like for example the Vestax pmc 05 pro 4?

thanks for ur answers
jevo9 2:11 AM - 26 November, 2012
im pretty sure you can i would like some input on this too.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:21 AM - 26 November, 2012
I would say the Pioneer DJM T-1 would be better as it has more knobs and buttons plus its a little cheaper then the Z.
DjBLiZ 3:55 PM - 26 November, 2012
I have the Z2 and i have tried to map it! but its not as easzy as hitting Midi on SSL and start mapping away. Traktor controller have a software called "controller editor" that are used to mod midi signal (or something like that). even still, useing this i have not been able to map the Z2 to Serato. I also feel that something might be worng with the mixer, cuz i also have some probloms when i use it with traktor but i cant tell if its the mixer or Traktor... im new to traktor... if i cant get it to map to SSL im returing it!
:(
Dj Chronix 10:15 PM - 26 November, 2012
@the SOUNDINSURGENT I don't think the T-1 is a real alternative because of the Z2 has innofaders already build in.
If you buy the T-1 and 3 innofaders it would be much more expensive.
Niro 11:08 PM - 26 November, 2012
The innofaders in the Z2 are the less expensive version, not the pro version.
jevo9 5:38 AM - 27 November, 2012
The controller editor is easy to use. Keep us updated
DjBLiZ 1:57 PM - 29 November, 2012
yeah the controller editor is easy and i also had to use a controller editor for my Akai LPD8 and it was not as hard... just something wont work. im going to try and use MidiPipe...
DJ TeeOh 3:36 PM - 29 November, 2012
Way ahead of you guys. The Z2 can be used with SV.

The Controller Editor simply initializes the midi functions inside.

If you don't open it 1st, then the mixer will run without midi on.

So, plug in the mixer. Open the Controller Edition. You'll see the mixer light up. Twist a few knobs and you'll see the editor changing accordingly.

Close the editor and open serato. Then just midi map it as you normally would.

I just did a Z2 battle review, guess we'll have to do a Serato video one too.

PS - it can also be used with anything midi (Ableton, mix vibes, vdj, etc)
DJ TeeOh 3:37 PM - 29 November, 2012
Quote:
yeah the controller editor is easy and i also had to use a controller editor for my Akai LPD8 and it was not as hard... just something wont work. im going to try and use MidiPipe...

The controller editor is just fancy version of MidiPipe so don't waste your time. WHat are you having an issue with?
DJ TeeOh 3:39 PM - 29 November, 2012
Quote:
@the SOUNDINSURGENT I don't think the T-1 is a real alternative because of the Z2 has innofaders already build in.
If you buy the T-1 and 3 innofaders it would be much more expensive.

You are right. The T-1 is already $900 (+shipping).

The Z2 only has an Innofader in the crossfader, not the line faders. They are a bit to tight.

The crossfader is the Mini-Innofader BUT the Pro can be swapped out fast. They screw into the same holes and the connector is the same.
DJ TeeOh 3:44 PM - 29 November, 2012
Quote:
I would say the Pioneer DJM T-1 would be better as it has more knobs and buttons plus its a little cheaper then the Z.

I like the feel of the Z2 knobs MUCH more than the T-1. The thing is a tank but the space is nice.

The Z2 innofader is hands down a T-1 killer. I have both here.

Only downside are the line faders on the Z2 aren't innofaders and they are a bit stiff.
DJ TeeOh 3:44 PM - 29 November, 2012
Pioneer also decided to slap the Z2 in the face by upgrading their firmware…

Watchwww.youtube.com
phatbob 3:54 PM - 29 November, 2012
Quote:
The Z2 only has an Innofader in the crossfader, not the line faders. They are a bit to tight.

Wrong. Try again.
DJ TeeOh 3:56 PM - 29 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Wrong. Try again.

Correction, they are all innofaders but the line faders suck dick.
DJ TeeOh 3:58 PM - 29 November, 2012
Quick review with the Pros/Cons of the Z2

Watchwww.youtube.com
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:00 PM - 29 November, 2012
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Yeah but you have to use Traktor on internal mode and their crappy vu meters....plus neither mixer has FX Send/Return but I'd still throw an innofader in the T1 and roll with that.......
DJ TeeOh 4:07 PM - 29 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Yeah but you have to use Traktor on internal mode and their crappy vu meters....plus neither mixer has FX Send/Return but I'd still throw an innofader in the T1 and roll with that.......

Lol, guess that "upgrade" was a fail.
DjBLiZ 9:14 PM - 29 November, 2012
Hey TeeOh, what are you running Mac or PC and if its map what version of it.... cuz i Just not got off the phone with Tech Support and they told me that i might have to up date my mac from 10.6.8 witch i use...
DjBLiZ 9:51 PM - 29 November, 2012
and could you plz better explain the steps that you did to map to Serato...

Thank You.
DjBLiZ 8:34 PM - 8 December, 2012
Problem Solved! Returened the god alful Z2 and got a used but SUPPER clean Rane 57SL!!! soo much better there were a lot of things i didnt like about the Z2
junrock 1:49 PM - 18 September, 2013
hey people i would really like to midi map the z2 for serato can anyone help me
DjBLiZ 5:04 AM - 19 September, 2013
Dude I tried, I really did! I got it the week it came out cuz I wanted to midi map it to serato and have traktor at the same time.... It's just not made to be mapped... I have heard of people mapping it but nothing for shure... I returned my z2on the 14th day before I couldn't return it... But I got to keep Traktor Pro Free :D

Sry bro
the SOUNDINSURGENT 9:41 AM - 19 September, 2013
Ask here serato.com
DJ Abatiello 12:18 AM - 7 October, 2013
Hi:

I was able to map my Z2 mixer to Serato Scratch Live using NI "Controller Editor". It works fine! The only thing I am still working on is getting the LED's to light up depending on actions (which is really a matter of preferences, etc). Anyways, the map itself is working great. I have cues, loops, and modes all configured.

Overall the Z2 mixer is okay. I am more of a Pioneer fan but I will give NI credit for a good / less expensive solution.

If anyone wants a copy of the Controller Editor mapping feel free to email me at DJAbatiello@gmail.com.
DJ Abatiello 12:22 AM - 7 October, 2013
Actually you can go to my DropBox and download the file: www.dropbox.com
DJ Abatiello 12:27 AM - 7 October, 2013
When you download the file it may look like this: "Serato Template.nckz2.txt"

1) Remove the ".txt" from the file name
2) Open with Controller Editor
DJ Abatiello 12:36 AM - 7 October, 2013
Sorry for all the postings. You will also need my Z2.xml file which will need to be uploaded to Serato so the mappings I created from Controller Editor will work with your Z2 mixer.

Z2.xml file --> www.dropbox.com
Mr. Goodkat 5:39 AM - 12 November, 2013
anyone have trouble with the center BROWSE button for scrolling? when i turn the knob it scrolls very fast up or down. Im also using the native instruments control editor to change the setting but i cant come up with the right combination. Anyone have any thoughts? Ill post the XML if can finish it.

thanks
DJ Irv 4:23 PM - 20 November, 2013
I have not had a chance to use my Z2 with Serato but, i believe that you can change the value for the knob in the controller editor.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Skip to 2:05 in the video and it explains it in more detail.

Let me know if this helps you. and send me the mapping when you get it working so I can test it on an SL1
Mr. Goodkat 9:23 PM - 20 November, 2013
still cant figure it out as far as the scroll for tracks without getting the auto scroll to the top each time. he never covers that. if you want the current mapping, just private msg me.
DJ Irv 9:33 PM - 20 November, 2013
When I get my hands on an SL1 I'll test this for you but it could be weeks before I get back to you.
Dj G Slimm 4:41 AM - 16 December, 2013

are any of your fx post fade?
DJ Irv 11:42 PM - 21 December, 2013
I was able to get scroll to work normally. The control editor setting for it is relative. The Serato setting for it is relative to it's compliment.
junrock 1:35 AM - 28 January, 2014
can someone tell me how to do this with sera to dj
junrock 4:27 AM - 28 January, 2014
can someone help me with mapping serato dj
DJ Irv 4:30 PM - 29 January, 2014
Quote:
can someone help me with mapping serato dj

I haven't written a mapping for Serato DJ and probably never will but, what kind of help do you need?

What is not working for you?
junrock 4:38 PM - 29 January, 2014
I'm trying to finish mapping serato dj with the z2 mixer but i have problem mapping certain parts like load deck scroll for songs
DJ Irv 4:47 PM - 29 January, 2014
I remember struggling with this the scrolling. Is it jumping greatly when you try to scroll? If so change the value in the controller editor. Make a duplicate template and name it Serato DJ. Then make changes to that template. I forget the exact setting but there are only a few combinations. I would give you my exact setting but I am not near my Z2 or laptop today.
junrock 4:50 PM - 29 January, 2014
ok thanks
phatbob 5:20 PM - 29 January, 2014
Serato DJ doesn't have library controls etc as midi mappable functions.

To get the most out of a Z2, you'll probably want to stick to Scratch Live until they add those.
junrock 5:24 PM - 29 January, 2014
i guess i'll just use the scroll on my cdj 2000
vinylchunk 11:30 PM - 20 February, 2014
anyone got serato video working kinda proper on a traktor z2? thinking about gettin one, need a new mixer, but can´t afford a rane at the moment, so anyone got experience with serato video sl and traktor z2
Deeejay Rush 12:41 AM - 26 May, 2014
I have a z2 mixer with a Sl1 Interface on it and everything works absolutely great. The first idea was to buy a 62 but i had a chance to get this z2baby for a great price and now i love it. midi mapping and everything was easy (i knew the editor from the maschine which i midi mapped to serato before). I thought about to remove the tractor interface with a rane then it would be the best mixer (my choice)

If anybody needs help with midi mapping etc can ask me and i try my best

www.facebook.com
Dj G Slimm 10:59 PM - 27 May, 2014
Quote:
I have a z2 mixer with a Sl1 Interface on it and everything works absolutely great. The first idea was to buy a 62 but i had a chance to get this z2baby for a great price and now i love it. midi mapping and everything was easy (i knew the editor from the maschine which i midi mapped to serato before). I thought about to remove the tractor interface with a rane then it would be the best mixer (my choice)

www.facebook.com
I tried asking this question before but since you are the neatest post for this mixer…have you tried any of the fx…if so are the fx post fade?
Dj G Slimm 11:04 PM - 27 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

www.facebook.com
I tried asking this question before but since you are the neatest post for this mixer…have you tried any of the fx…if so are the fx post fade?
Dj G Slimm 11:06 PM - 27 May, 2014
with the question of are the fx post fade I am talking in reference to using serato or serato dj
dj zaza 11:36 AM - 31 May, 2014
how do I get the post fader effects and z2 kontrol with Serato Scratch Live? I hope someone help me
DJ Irv 1:40 PM - 31 May, 2014
I am pretty sure you can't use post fader effects on SL. Not with the SL1-SL4. I believe you can do post fader effects with the SL3 & SL4 in Serato DJ by routing the effect independently but the Z2 has no Send/Return.
dj zaza 4:17 PM - 31 May, 2014
but in traktor you can assign insert or post fader. why not on Serato.
DJ Irv 5:41 PM - 31 May, 2014
This explanation would be long and drawn out. Here's the short version. When you use the Z2 with traktor all the controls, fader, knobs are working in Midi mode and controlling the virtual controls. Since everything is internal it lets Traktor apply effects post or pre fader.

When you use the SL1-SL4 the sound is coming from an external source.
Dj G Slimm 11:19 AM - 2 June, 2014
Quote:
This explanation would be long and drawn out. Here's the short version. When you use the Z2 with traktor all the controls, fader, knobs are working in Midi mode and controlling the virtual controls. Since everything is internal it lets Traktor apply effects post or pre fader.

When you use the SL1-SL4 the sound is coming from an external source.

well I guess that explains that question of post fade fx….I can take this mixer off of list of mixers to consider getting…it looks like that is one way serato will insure folks by a serato mixer if you want post fade fx.
Mr. Goodkat 5:58 PM - 2 June, 2014
Quote:
it looks like that is one way serato will insure folks by a serato mixer if you want post fade fx.

post efx on the DJM 900/nexus/srt. of course not in serato, but on the mixer, using the mixers efx.
dj_old_school wild sound 8:00 AM - 3 July, 2014
SERATO ANY ONE HELP!! I had been pleaying with my traktor z2 perfectly with serato scratch live and serado video and I use a native instrument as dubsteping........................wellllll now I added a pionner ddj sp1 to the mix since I have turntables 1200 and I have rane SL2.............well since I added serato dj (new version of serato scratch live) you know I have to remapping everything well since I added the pioneer ddj sp1 that I just bought for a gig this Friday my left fader in the traktor z2 when I map it to the left fader it work them I go middi map the middle fader with the middle fader like I always do and work......but them left fader loose the middi mapping but when I move the middle fader the it move the left fader.........................at all this I just say the right fader when I map it work fine as well the gains..................and I using everything in REL not and ABS........so the the cue point of traktor mixer z2 work with serato........................before with serato scratch live I was able to do so.........................but since I install serato dj......................also serato scratch live is having the same issue please any one help..................serato team what I doing wrong?
dj_old_school wild sound 8:14 AM - 3 July, 2014
by the way I run everything MacBook pro 3.0 ghz everything worked fine till I bought the ddj sp1 I have that issue in the middi mapping with the left fader and middle fader........................also I haven't try it yet but I order a high supper speed industrial 5 power usb hub port 3.0 since mac only have 2 usb port 3.0 but with the mashine and the ddj sp1 and my focusrite as audio interface that I have been working I have been working fine just when I just add on to my mix the ddj sp1 and I upgrade and pay 129.00 for serato dj to work how I been serato sracth serato video and with traktor z2......................it was working fine.................and that with out counting I just bought another traktor z2...............and that I was planning to use the the new ddj sp1................what a dilemma................and I have another 10 usb power hub port...................hope that maybe the issue............but if any one know let me know please thanks
dj_old_school wild sound 8:22 AM - 3 July, 2014
also with the usb hub port I order I will put 3.0 usb cable and not the 2.0 that will improve greatly I guess the transfer of data but my only option is to leave the right dader manual up.......................but the funny part I can use the left fader as the middle fader because they have the same function ervery else is middi map proferly but the when I move the middle fader the left fader move to I guess I will do some transformers technics lol
DJ Irv 3:46 PM - 3 July, 2014
Quote:
SERATO ANY ONE HELP!! I had been pleaying with my traktor z2 perfectly with serato scratch live and serado video and I use a native instrument as dubsteping........................wellllll now I added a pionner ddj sp1 to the mix since I have turntables 1200 and I have rane SL2.............well since I added serato dj (new version of serato scratch live) you know I have to remapping everything well since I added the pioneer ddj sp1 that I just bought for a gig this Friday my left fader in the traktor z2 when I map it to the left fader it work them I go middi map the middle fader with the middle fader like I always do and work......but them left fader loose the middi mapping but when I move the middle fader the it move the left fader.........................at all this I just say the right fader when I map it work fine as well the gains..................and I using everything in REL not and ABS........so the the cue point of traktor mixer z2 work with serato........................before with serato scratch live I was able to do so.........................but since I install serato dj......................also serato scratch live is having the same issue please any one help..................serato team what I doing wrong?

Sorry, and respectfully this whole paragraph is difficult to comprehend.
dj_old_school wild sound 4:28 PM - 3 July, 2014
ok let me put it more simple I guess................please everyone bear with me........................my dj set up that it had work fine for almost a year and 2 months................is as follow:

mac book pro 3.0 ghz
traktor z2
serato scracht live with the rane sl2
serato video
nativeinstrument mashine mk2

I just added serato dj and the pioneer ddj sp1

well I try to map my new serato dj like I did before with scarcth live (that it was working fine before I downloaded and pay for serato dj.

well now my issue in both software (serato scracth live that I use to use and serato dj) the left fader of the traktor z2 and the middle fader I try to mapped independely how it should but they crossing functions when I move the middle fader the left fader move when I move the left fader middle fader move

do I have to uninstall scratch live in order to serato dj be properly map? please help
DJ Irv 4:57 PM - 3 July, 2014
I do not believe uninstalling ScratchLive will help you with this. From what I heard some functions of SDJ can't be mapped but are Serato is working this. It's possible the mapping itself is corrupt. Possibly by modifying an SSL mapping in SDJ.

Yet, I am still confused.

You have the line faders and cross fader from the Z2 mapped into ScratchLive and Serato DJ? I did not know ScratchLive had software volume controls that could be controlled via MIDI.

Also, even though I mapped my Z2 to SSL i prefer to use the mixer with Traktor and pretty much ignore the mapping for SSL.
dj_old_school wild sound 5:22 PM - 3 July, 2014
i have worked with serato scratch live serato video and the traktor z2 mixer fine for almost 2 years

i did all the midi mapping my self and work perfect but now that i add serato dj and the ddj sp1....................but boths software start acting strange............. some how when i midi map the left fader of the mixer with the left fader on the software it will move and work but them my middle fader stop working...................

them i middi map the middle fader with the middle fader in the serato dj software but them the left fader move when i move the middle fader.....................well now my serato scarcth live is doing the same since i put serato dj and the pionner ddj sp1...................but again in the past with serato scratch live i wasn't haven't had that issue........

it was all when i use install serato dj and add on the ddj sp1 that i be having problem to map the left fader and middle mix fader that the only one acting................the rest of the mapping work fine...................is just those 2 fader in both software serato scarcth live and serato dj
DJ Irv 6:11 PM - 3 July, 2014
i won't be able to replicate the problem here without the DDJ SP1 from the sounds of it. Sorry old school. I hope someone can help.
dj_old_school wild sound 8:21 PM - 3 July, 2014
i mean aim good i won't middi map the left fader or the right fader just the middle one to be able to mix and i just leave the left fader and the right fader manually up in the software......until the bug get fix
dj_old_school wild sound 5:49 AM - 7 July, 2014
hey guys new info I have regards of my set up from native instrument and serato ddj-sp1, traktor z2, i think i know why probably my midi mapping is not communicating right between the left fader and middle fader between the traktor z2 and serato dj software as well my pioneer ddj-sp1 work sometimes and sometimes don't as well sometimes it make a bad sound like bad echo sound.................I think I know what I doing wrong........according to pioneer

The ddj-sp1 cannot!! connect a power USB hub port and it have to be connect straight directly to the computer hub i found this info

Can I connect this unit to a USB hub?

This unit cannot be used via a USB hub. Connect it directly to a computer using the included USB cable

thanks good the sl2 can be power with the usb power hub as well i have the right power converter and with that you don't need to connect the sl2 rane truth usb port

by the way i bought some high speeds industrials 3.0 usb hub port they outstanding....... you will have to get a good adapter for them specially if you know what you doing they will work fine (but best buy have some dynex 2.0 power usb hub that work fine too..............i just want to be more creative...........just to make it short those high speed super high speed 3.0 power hubs work with everything as well.............................................i highly recommend the STAND for the DDJ SP1....................will post the outcome soon.....i should make a video. :)
dj_old_school wild sound 5:15 AM - 11 July, 2014
I have more info in regards of the info I had post here recently about my DJ set up I been using and now with the adding of my DDJ-SP1 and Serato DJ and I wanted to share with all of you a issue i be having right now since i added the sera to dj and DDJ SP1, However i wanted to share some good info on USB power HUB port i bought and work amazing but first will explain what had happened to me and hope help others . Well for almost for year I had been using my 2 technics turntables, Serato Scratch Live, Serato time vinyl code, Rane SL2, Traktor Z2 mixer, macbook pro top of line 3.0 ghz, Serato Video, and a Machine MK2 from native instruments. Well this is the dj set up i had worked for a year and a half had and had worked amazing, i use the Machine MK2 more as dubsteping. Well I was able to midi map everything when i bought it a year and a half. i was able to midi map Serato scratch live software with Traktor z2 you know the basics you know the gains, left fader, right fader, middle fader, as well the 4 hot cues and let me tell you it worked all amazing. until now. I just bought Serato DJ and the DDJ SP1. Well i didn't know i didn't have to buy Serato DJ since i already own sera to scratch live. This is what happened to me so far well first i post here saying that it was a bad sound comming from the DDJ SP1 well the issue was you have to connect the DDJ SP1 straight to the usb port of the computer cannont be plug to a usb power port hub. I i connect it straight to the computer so far no issues the DDJ SP1 work fine. However i still have the issue since i added Serato DJ when i go middi map the basics the only issue i be having is when i midi map the left fader from the traktor to the left fader on the sera to dj software and also have issues after i assign the left fader to the left fader on the Serato DJ and worked i go them assign of course the middle fader the to the middle fader on the Serato DJ I able to assign it but them left fader on the software loose signal and it move at the same time i moving the middle fader. I most guess is a software issue or need a update i didn't panic......all i did them was just not assiging the left fader on the Serato DJ and muanualy i leave the volume to the volume i play usually (well all other knobs and faders like hot cues, right faders, gains buttons is working fine issue is between the midi mapping in the left fader of the traktorz2 and the left fader of the Serato DJ software........just to make it more interesting my Serato Scracth live DJ Software also is having the same issue since i install the Serato DJ........dont know if you can have both software but i unistall the Serato Sractch live, and still Serato DJ left fader and middle fader still have problems on getting assign to their proper midi channels.........I guess native interments, Rane, Serato DJ working in the issue or i hope they work on the issues..............also the good new info i have is about some super high speed USB 3.0 industrial power hub ports. (well you have to know little electronics to make it work but i got it to work...........(but if you don't want to go to technical you still can get a regular 2.0 power hub and still will work fine) I added the USB 3.0 industrial power hub and my sound is way better now since a 3.0 power hub port transfer faster more data. (when i contacted the company i was mad because the industrial power hub don't come with a charger but still if you know about electronics you can get the right normal wall power convertor and radio shack and you will get to power the industrial usb hub port like the one i have) you will know when is a industrial usb power hub port but because it don't brin a power convertor as well it come at least the 2 models i bought.........the StarTech4 port industrial usb 3.0 hub as well another StarTech 7 port industrial SuperSpeed usb 3.0 hub as well............well this 2 model i just mentioned.........it come with something call terminal block this terminal block is where you hook the power convertor that i just told you from radio shack or best buy remember you have to know a little beat of electronics a power convertor convert AC power to DC Power well this USB hub port i just talk about take DC current 7dc volts to 24dc volts and max of 2.5 amp well that is in the 4 port usb model the 7 usb hub port i just got take about 7dc volts to 40dc volts and around 2.5 amp to 3.5...........well i know sound all technical to you but please bear with me all you have to do is get a small wall universal power convertor that convert 120V AC current to DC current anything between 5DC Volts to a max of 24dc volts is recommend with a minimum of 1.5amps.......well this is a least for the usb port hub i using well all i do is cut the cables at the end and make sure you connect + positive and -negative in the respective + and - on the terminal block and that how you power at least the model i bought................but for those who don't have some much know led in DJ, best buy sell a Dynex USB peer hub port really cheap and reliable...............well hope my info in some way some how help other and if anyone have the same issue after installing Serato DJ and the DDJ SP1 with the Traktor Z2 mixer please let me know...........to all the DJ'S in the world keep rocking.
Code:E 7:47 PM - 11 July, 2014
Next time try breaking your post up into paragraphs where you only talk about one topic per paragraph.

TLDR
dj_old_school wild sound 8:55 PM - 11 July, 2014
will do next time to excited playing with the new toys lol.................I just try to put as much info I can to help other always :) but yea thanks please bear with this us. combat dj vet lol got you
dj_old_school wild sound 5:05 PM - 18 July, 2014
guys sorry i had post here the topic i did want to bring but i will make a video i will posted in youtube i still working to get what i said in a audio visual video so everyone get a idea with what i work and the issues i be having simple ones but it will help everyone who maybe have my same set up
len.ngametua@gmail.com 4:24 AM - 14 August, 2014
I have a z2 and trying to work serato with it.

I have downloaded control editor but every time i get into it , it dosnt have the Z2 template.

Have followed this video
Watchwww.youtube.com

and have copyed and paste the files to where he said to do but still no luck with Z2 template.
len.ngametua@gmail.com 4:25 AM - 14 August, 2014
I have a z2 and trying to work serato with it.

I have downloaded control editor but every time i get into it , it dosnt have the Z2 template.

Have followed this video
Watchwww.youtube.com

and have copyed and paste the files to where he said to do but still no luck with Z2 template.

help
DJ Irv 12:38 PM - 14 August, 2014
@Len. I sent you a PM about this.
dj_old_school wild sound 3:23 PM - 14 August, 2014
hey guys I have everything working on point..........will show the video..................soon in youtube on my set up I have it working right so far little minors glitches between serato dj and traktor z2 but from move on from scratch life to serato dj I did have to contact the support team and they help about you have to remove your dj license and some other things plus serato look they been updating on the online stuff as well.............serato team great work as well as native instruments I really want to post a video of all my set up............as well i let every dj know about the Industrial power hub USB 3.0 HUB I using that will help everyone in their shows..... ( IS A BAD BOY TRUST ME YOU WILL LOVE IT SOUND QUALITY AMAZING)......................but man sure I did have to mess a lot with the CONTROL EDITOR FROM NATIVE INTRUMENTS......to get SERATO DJ to work but HEY I GOT down like before when I was using SERATO SCRACTH LIVE.........and ADDING the PIONNER SERATO DDJ-SP1 WAS GREAT to mi mix that I use in conjunction with my turntables. Well I wish they could do a bigger PIONNER DDJ-SP1 a more bigger platform...........iam more old school type will love see more knobs and buttons with it own dedicate screen not a ipad screen but like a 17 inches strong durable screen kind like laptop size kind like the native instruments machine mk2 and with the functions of the pioneer serato ddj ps1........ like a 8 pads rights and 8 pads left or 16 left pads and 16 right pads........and top if i know how to make the technology.......and more knobs and all that iam more a turntables...............man if i was you guys i would it do in conjunction with native instrument a super dj computer..............i don't know like in all dj in one mixer, grovee pad, with the technology of pionner ddj sp1...........but all build in a super imac on the go......yes i know i have a super imagination......but guys any ways......soon i will let you know when i post the video in your tube about my set up that i know will help a lot of up come up dj.........love to help others with the research i do as dj :)
Mr. Goodkat 8:24 PM - 14 August, 2014
dj_old_school wild sound 9:56 PM - 14 August, 2014
I would have posted here but you guys dont have a ways to post videos here
Mr. Goodkat 10:19 PM - 14 August, 2014
link?
dj_old_school wild sound 10:22 PM - 14 August, 2014
As soon as I make the video this month
Mr. Goodkat 10:25 PM - 14 August, 2014
the you would say, 'i will post a link a vid this month'
Quote:
I would have posted here but you guys dont have a ways to post videos here

the you would say, 'i will post a link to a vid this month'
dj_old_school wild sound 10:27 PM - 14 August, 2014
Man iam Puerto Rican lol I mean I guess upload as a attachtment but since you talking a link yes as soon as I post in YouTube I will paste my link here thanks
dj zaza 11:56 AM - 17 August, 2014
Quote:
<font><font>
L'uomo iam portoricano lol voglio dire Credo di upload come attachtment ma visto che parlando di un legame sì, non appena inserisco in YouTube farò incollare il mio link qui grazie
</font></font>

I use z2 with sl1, but I'd be pushed to buy sl3, or wait for the new expansion pack dvs compatible mixer. what do you advise me to maintain my z2 and buy sl3, or wait for future products compatible with Serato DJ? hello thanks for the help they give me. aspect of the video with the mapping SDJ with z2. It would be great to be able to assign to the pads for the dual function as a cue on traktor, for example by pressing A, you have the cue point by pressing the C samples, but I think this requires a personality expert in creating lines of text that enable this function.
DJ Irv 12:59 PM - 17 August, 2014
The Sl1 sounds like trash compared to the Traktor via the Z2 on big sound systems. I would honestly consider playing in Traktor instead of SSL whenever you are not playing video files at big venues. The sound difference is pretty big.

I had time to think about it and a DVS expansion is very expensive if you dj with multiple DJs. Everyone of them would need a $100 just to use DVS.

As far as dual functions go by pressing (A/C or B/D) I haven't been able to figure that out but I am able to program a 2nd function to most buttons by using the SHIFT button. Maybe one of the other guys here has had better luck. Recently I have seen used SL2 boxes for sale pretty cheap $250. it's up to you figure out if it's worth upgrading.
dj zaza 1:17 PM - 17 August, 2014
Dj Irv, thanks for the reply, definitely the sound of the sl1 is bad with respect to z2, and that's why I wanted to take a sl3, where quality audio and better. when it relates to the mapping, I would like to take advantage of the dual-function keys sometimes without using the shift key, my example was for the keys AC / BD, but also for the keys REL / INT. Control in the editor there is a function in the menu called polypressure but I never figured out how to map. would you send me your private mapping so as to try how it goes?
DJ Irv 1:19 PM - 17 August, 2014
I don't mind sending you my mapping but's far from perfect or finished. It only focuses on Serato DJ 1.7 and most the basic functions.
DJ Irv 1:23 PM - 17 August, 2014
Sent.
dj zaza 1:25 PM - 17 August, 2014
ok, I can not wait to upgrade my sl1, if I may ask, how come you like me do not use traktor in dvs but Serato.
DJ Irv 1:30 PM - 17 August, 2014
Actually i almost strictly use Traktor with DVS. The response of the DVS is about the same as ScratchLive. Also with the Z2 I get post fader effects. At this point i rarely use serato but, in most venues in NYC they only have Serato so I practice with Serato sometimes. The one thing Serato does better is vertical waveforms and the beat markers. Mixing non-quantized music on Traktor has to be done only by ear with no visual aid at all so i rather mix latin, soul, funk on SSL/SDJ.
dj zaza 1:33 PM - 17 August, 2014
last info you could hack them to cancel the hit cue. for LED lighting by using the editor control or you have modified the file txt
DJ Irv 1:36 PM - 17 August, 2014
I have color in my mapping. When you trigger cues it lights up to let you know you have sent midi out.
dj zaza 1:39 PM - 17 August, 2014
and that's why I asked if I could try your mapping, so I can retrieve the LEDs light, and then modify the loop or other parameters that are better for me. if you can help me on this. I place my email zazadj@gmail.com
DJ Irv 2:35 PM - 17 August, 2014
I did the loop scroll, lib scroll, lighting in Serato DJ. Not sure if it will work for SSL. I sent you a private message with a link to the files already
Mr. Goodkat 8:08 PM - 17 August, 2014
z2 is a nice mixer, but i dont think the sound quality overall is at full pro status compared to rane, pio. (of course there are better sounding mixer than both of those brands, just saying what you will see in clubs.)
dj zaza 9:23 PM - 17 August, 2014
but I was able to test it on plant sizes and different powers, and the sound was excellent, ok maybe a mixer Rane will be better, but the difference in the sound from even the audio file. we will also see how to update traktor scratch in the future, then decided whether to use z2 with sl3 or remain in Traktor. maybe there will be a version of the mk2 z2 that will improve those small shortcomings that at this time.
DJ Irv 2:17 PM - 18 August, 2014
The sound on Z2 is amazing. I am putting the sound quality at leaps and bounds above the 57SL even in analog. It definitely sounds better than the Pioneer 900 to my ears as well. I can't compare it agains the Sixty-One and Sixty-Two because I have never used them in a big venue.
dj_old_school wild sound 3:57 PM - 18 August, 2014
Hey guys is me again DJ CHEPO your friendly Puerto Rican Friend. Well let me see how I put this after so much research we all know in order to play Serato video you will need either a SL box or a Mixer that have that technology of the SL boxes. I Write Serato about this because my self I use a Traktor Z2 (just because is more economic) with Serato DJ 1.6 of course soon they will upgrade to 1.7. I had use my Z2 Mixer with my SL2 box for music videos with serato scrath live and serato video that had worked perfect as well I use a mashine mk2 ad dudbstep. I did upgrade to Serato DJ of course is way better that Serato Scracth live I did it because I bought a ddj sp1 and I love it. Well we all know back them we could get a pionner djm t1 that look so much alike as the expensive back them rane ttm 56 and 57 and still do the same work...............Pionner make products for boths Serato and Native instruments because I do keep buying products from all 3 parties serato, native instruments, and pioneer. I just bought a pioneer ddj ps1 love it. However the only reason I bought traktor Z2 is because is a more cheaper I bought my second one is a good alternative of course I have to use in conjunction the SL2 box in order to work serato video, pionner ddj sp1, serato dj but Serato mixer are price way to high. I know sound quality is a big issue for us DJ'S who love music so much and we always look for the perfect sound. Well I did told Serato a idea that I don't know why they haven't do it yet or maybe their in the process to work but Rane need to come with a more affordable mixer, with the same incredible sound quality as their rane products me. I understand companies need to make money but why expensive mixers? that some dj's cant afford I mean I can but I know some cant and iam a person who like to help other always in music. I think serato can make more money ( well me thinking as a CEO if I was one lol ) by selling products as much lower price but with the same good sound quality............Rane or Serato please make a mixer like the Z2 but with the technology inside of the mixer of the rane mixer just a simple battle mixer 2 channel like the Z2 but with a build in SL2 and ddj sp1 technology. and make it a affordable price between 799.99 to 699.99 like Traktor z2...................but all iam saying is possible I hope the team of serato do it. because sure once you paying for a mixer over 1000.00 that to much in today economy. you see guys you have to see music like women's see beauty........beauty hurts lol and is expensive lol.....................my recommendation as a DJ do your research.............I had been a DJ for almost 25 to 26 years 14 of those 25 years I spend it in the Army. now that I just retire in 2013 I had been reading and reading and doing research.....remember this iam a old school DJ with vinyl's for life but of course have to get in the game with this new technology of USB computers and vynilf for me is not hard because I have a extensive sound and pro audio. I just want to see a mixer like the Z2 mixer or the old pionner djm t1 (that anyways pionner do mixers compatible with serato and native instruments) but with already a SL2 and a ddj sp1 buttons and technology in a Solid pioneer mixer or rane but looking like the old pioneer djm t1......................but again iam a vynil freak I don't believe in little juggles dj hero kind of midi controller sorry guys that how I think lol...........but hey when I do the video and posted in you tube of my setup maybe will help others goods dj's out there who might have the same set up I will try to put the link here next month I getting final cut pro to make music videos soon so I be using that same software with our cameras to make a simple tutorial in a solid video explanation of what I have that I know it will help others but I want to do a real good video of my set up and put the link here soon here please guys be patient :)
dj_old_school wild sound 6:00 PM - 18 August, 2014
if native intruments who make the Z2 mixer and traktor scratch pro.....make a plug in for music videos like serato dj have serato video. is going to be a lot of but lot dj's leaning to the Z2. all it will take for native instruments is to add a plug in for music videos like serato video is......is true what DJ Irv say..............when I use the traktor mixer with traktor scarch pro the sound come more clear...............of course the Z2 is not intented to work with serato dj but as as a midi mixer controller it work with serato dj and serato video just find of course you have to work between your midi controller editor from native instruments and serato. but you do notice quality of sound but again is all about checking your settings and check what type of FREQ you want to put out 44khz 48khz I mean guys you have to get deep in those manuals and books and see how everything work....................me I just buy different equipment and love to read the manuals days in and day out and see what kind of things do :) I know this now like FB but I start liking this site here.
DJ SHY 6:50 PM - 18 August, 2014
this has got to be the longest post i've have ever seen from a forum member....

lol...

but a good read... thanks...
DJ Irv 7:08 PM - 18 August, 2014
Sorry but, without page breaks, paragraph breaks nobody is going to read that post.
DJ Boxx 6:23 PM - 20 December, 2016
This question is referring to Serato DJ (not Scratch Live) with Traktor Z2 Mixer, so i hope it's OK in this forum.
I have taken a lot of time to map Serato DJ to the Z2 mixer which works great except for one stupid frustrating thing....

(Library Scroll), it does work with the Z2 when the midi control is set to "Relative - 2's complement".

Then I save the midi setting, however every time I re-open Serato it kicks the setting back to "Absolute" which doesn't work. Therefore every time I re-open Serato I need to reset this midi setting but everything else works like planned.

Can some let me know how to keep the saved midi setting? or is this a Serato Glitch?
Thank you..
Darxyde 9:02 AM - 3 January, 2018
My set up us Kontrol z2 with SL3 box, Denon sc3900s and a MBP. Wondering has anyone else experienced a lag time between when you move the record and hear the sound in the headphones. For some reason this is happening with mine. When i play just from my monitor thru booth, it's all good, but if i try to mix using headphones only, lag throws timing off and can't mix that way. for smaller venues, i don't want to have to always bring a monitor to mix. Can anyone give any insight??
mend 1:29 AM - 12 December, 2018
Boa noite alguém ainda tem o mapeamento da sl4 pro z2traktor?
mend 1:32 AM - 12 December, 2018
boa noite alguém poderia me ajudar?