Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Pitch LEDs: Is expected when work again?

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
RodrigoVolta 10:40 PM - 2 July, 2012
Hello!!

I wonder if there is any forecast for the Pitch LEDs back to work and which method will be adopted for their operation?

It has been suggested two alternatives:

1) - Absolute Mode - obey only the position of the pitch fader. By using the SYNC, LEDs are off.

2) - BPM Mode Help - Indicates to which position the fader should go to the decks are synchronized (BPM Matching). Would be turned off when using SYNC.

We look back.

Thanks!
Serato, Support
Scott S 12:19 AM - 3 July, 2012
Hi RodrigoVolta,

Sorry, we do not have a time frame as to when the Pitch LED's will be fully operating in ITCH, since they are not vital to the operation of ITCH and the code clashed when we introduced Sync, the priority has unfortunately slipped a little.

But thank you very much for your feedback, I will pass it onto developers for a possible update in a future release. At this stage I am unable to say when it will be updated.

Kind Regards,
Scott
Raef 5:31 AM - 3 July, 2012
In relation to these two little lights beside pitch +/- 0, what are their purpose currently? I've never seen them turn on.

Or disregard them because of Sync?
Serato, Support
Scott S 5:41 AM - 3 July, 2012
Their purpose is to indicate if you have a positive or negative pitch setting, they also can light up when you are at 0% pitch.

However they are not currently working in ITCH as stated above. We are looking at fixing this but unfortunately it is not a very high priority update.

Cheers
Raef 7:34 AM - 3 July, 2012
Thought so, but as you said, not a priority. Itch is awesome as it is.

Thanks
RodrigoVolta 1:25 PM - 3 July, 2012
I agree that there are other priorities to be considered, but I think it's not hard to implement a feature to these LEDs. For example: The NS7 has a white LED that lights up when the pitch is at 0%. This helps a lot when we are working in darker environments. The same could happen with DDJ-S1. In this case, indicating whether the pitch is above or below of 0% position! It would be interesting, since their original functions is longer to be applied.

But anyway, look at the possibility to implement an interesting function of these LEDs, as they exist and is not working!
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:33 PM - 3 July, 2012
Thanks for your input RodrigoVolta,

We are looking at the possibility of implementing function of these LED's don't worry! We didn't purposely make the LED's not work, when Pioneer manufactured the controller we had already changed our code on ITCH to work with Sync, so by the time the DDJ-S1 arrived the Code and the LED's were incompatible.

Since ITCH's sync doesn't care where the pitch slider is on the DDJ-S1, the lights don't show up accordingly. For example, you could have the pitch physically at -5%, which would be indicated by the top LED light on the DDJ-S1 pitch illuminated. However, with sync enabled, even if you were at -5% pitch on the pitch slider, and you were syncing with another track that was a lot faster, you would actually be at +5% or +10%. So why would you want the LED's so show that you are going slower than 0%, when actually you are going faster than 0%?

To address this, we would need to re-write a lot of the ITCH coding. Which we are not looking at doing at this stage.
11:00 PM, 17 Jul 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.