Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video 1.0 now in Public Beta

Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:05 AM - 28 February, 2012
Hi everyone,

Serato Video 1.0 is now in public beta, you can find it here > serato.com.

To use Serato Video 1.0, you will need to use the latest betas of Scratch Live 2.4.1 (serato.com) and ITCH 2.2 (serato.com).

Please ensure you post all feedback in these beta areas.

Enjoy!
damehype 5:13 AM - 28 February, 2012
Great
AVENUE 5:56 AM - 28 February, 2012
Thanks Michael....
DJ Tapout 7:04 AM - 28 February, 2012
Thanks
Deejay Rich 8:43 AM - 28 February, 2012
Is anyone having trouble trying to upgrade from video-sl because I'm getting an error saying that:
We are unable to provide you with an upgraded Serato Video serial number.

The Video-SL serial number you are using is linked to another Serato.com account.
DJ KSwift 9:05 AM - 28 February, 2012
Thanks
MADLOGIC the Selectah 12:24 PM - 28 February, 2012
Thanks.
Mr Wilks 12:38 PM - 28 February, 2012
Thanks!
easyekool 2:52 PM - 28 February, 2012
jus wonderful !!!! full hundred ..
BoboMV 4:53 PM - 28 February, 2012
COol!
DJ'Que 5:18 PM - 28 February, 2012
Quote:
Is anyone having trouble trying to upgrade from video-sl because I'm getting an error saying that:

The Video-SL serial number you are using is linked to another Serato.com account.
What that means is someone else beside you has that serial # and registered it.

So you can't use it. unless you can prove you purchased it.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:27 PM - 28 February, 2012
Quote:

Hey DJ Chef212,

Can you please start a thread in the beta area regarding this issue if you haven't already? We'll try to help you out.

Thanks.
Niro 1:14 AM - 29 February, 2012
This should be a bug, but it's just the way it's working. I seem to notice a lot of lag in my transitions, especially when doing scratches or any semi fast movements. Anyone else noticing this?
nik39 11:50 AM - 29 February, 2012
Niro, I am experiencing lags when closing the fader.
R&R SOUNDS 4:07 PM - 29 February, 2012
its telling me my video card is not supported by serato
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:03 PM - 29 February, 2012
Hey R&R SOUNDS,

Do you have an Intel graphics card? Serato Video does not support Intel graphics cards.

Cheers.
Fuidawg 9:23 PM - 29 February, 2012
Do you have to pay to use the Serato Video? or will that become effective when the full release comes out?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:17 PM - 29 February, 2012
You can run it in demo mode without purchasing it. It will become available to purchase when then final release goes live, or you can convert an existing Video-SL license.
Fuidawg 10:20 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
You can run it in demo mode without purchasing it. It will become available to purchase when then final release goes live, or you can convert an existing Video-SL license.

got it, churr!
controversial 4:17 AM - 1 March, 2012
@michael r i purchased it today but the key i got emailed today wont work
controversial 4:22 AM - 1 March, 2012
i really hate this demo watermark need to play with the real deal!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:40 AM - 1 March, 2012
Hey controversial,

You'll need convert your Video-SL key to a Serato Video key, there's a post explaining how to do so here > serato.com (click link).
RnBDJkb 5:01 AM - 1 March, 2012
"Serato Video does not support Intel graphics cards"..
my hp laptop has Intel Graphics card, am I just stuck with no serato video on this machine or will intel support be added later?
controversial 5:01 AM - 1 March, 2012
thanks got it 2 work any plans to better the audio fx of itch?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:06 AM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
my hp laptop has Intel Graphics card, am I just stuck with no serato video on this machine or will intel support be added later?

We currently have no plans to support Windows machines running Intel graphics cards, sorry.
Fuidawg 5:29 AM - 1 March, 2012
Sorry where do you go to download the video plugin from?
Fuidawg 5:39 AM - 1 March, 2012
From Itch 2.2 I go to plugins and click on Learn more and try and demo then it takes me to this link serato.com i can't find anything to download or install?
Fuidawg 6:03 AM - 1 March, 2012
Oh wow, ok, so looks like my MacBook Pro Early 2011 has an Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB so that looks like it's not supported by Serato video right? What are my options?
InTheMix808 6:57 AM - 1 March, 2012
Hey Michael, I have a Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce GT 300M Video Card. Would I need to upgrade to another card? And I can't seem to find the Serato Video BETA for ITCH?
nik39 8:21 AM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
Oh wow, ok, so looks like my MacBook Pro Early 2011 has an Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB so that looks like it's not supported by Serato video right? What are my options?

Intel on MacBooks are currently supported.
Intel On windows = no.
SeriousCyrus 10:34 AM - 1 March, 2012
Is Quartz Composer still an unsupported feature? If I submit bugs for QC, will they be looked at?
nik39 11:39 AM - 1 March, 2012
Who?
SeriousCyrus 12:53 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
Who?

What?
nik39 2:15 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
If I submit bugs for QC, will they be looked at?

Who should look at them?

Quote:
Is Quartz Composer still an unsupported feature?

Unsupported? Where?
SeriousCyrus 2:31 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
Who should look at them?

Serato? I'm talking about being able to play Quartz Composer files in Serato video.

Quote:
Unsupported? Where?

Maybe it is supported, I'm a bit unclear, I can only find threads about it and a powerpoint presentation, it's not in the official docs for video-sl. The thread talks about Video-SL's support for loading QC files, but I don't know if that just means you can do it at your own risk, or if it's supported and Serato will try to resolve problems.

Here's the thread....
serato.com

I'm getting some strange behaviours and some things might be better, but to debug I'll have to spend some time, don't want to bother if noone here will look into them.
Dj Nyce 2:37 PM - 1 March, 2012
well the minimum requirements for SV 1.0 states that it supports qc on mac so i don't see why you should not be able to submit bug reports related to it.
SeriousCyrus 2:42 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
well the minimum requirements for SV 1.0 states that it supports qc on mac so i don't see why you should not be able to submit bug reports related to it.

Cool, didn't see that, I'll prob put a few in later once I isolate the problems.
Fuidawg 3:07 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Intel on MacBooks are currently supported.
Intel On windows = no.

Oh GOOD! How do I get the video plugin then? From Itch 2.2 I go to plugins and click on Learn more and try and demo then it takes me to this link serato.com i can't find anything to download or install, let me know..
djpuma_gemini 4:15 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:

If I convert my existing license do I still get to use my vsl license.
Say I try out serato video, but would rather go back to serato 2.2 and vsl, will that work or is my key rendered useless
VJ Justin Allen 4:29 PM - 1 March, 2012
You can still use both of them as long as they are on the same machine.
Fuidawg 6:05 PM - 1 March, 2012
thanks for the help guys NOT lol i didn't know you neded to download serato.com/downloads/files/81613/SeratoVideoMac_1.0.0_%2803%29.dmg.zip
?

Would have saved me time looking all over the place, thanks guys, again not lol, at least i know it works with my mac intel card, well thanks to this serato.com
controversial 8:03 PM - 1 March, 2012
when will we get improvements on the audio effects?
Fuidawg 3:21 PM - 2 March, 2012
So the fader on the new SV can't be controlled by my/any mixer? or is there a setting i need to do? I'll create a tkt for now :-)
DJ DisGrace 4:50 PM - 2 March, 2012
Quote:
So the fader on the new SV can't be controlled by my/any mixer? or is there a setting i need to do? I'll create a tkt for now :-)

What mixer do you have? It needs to have MIDI function associated with the crossfader, and hooked up to your computer (obviously)
phatbob 4:51 PM - 2 March, 2012
He's using Itch & V7s, so no options are available.
Fuidawg 4:56 PM - 2 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

What mixer do you have? It needs to have MIDI function associated with the crossfader, and hooked up to your computer (obviously)

ddm4000 which has midi functionality, but looks like SV doesn't have those options available for Itch and V7's so guess have to wait again
DJ DisGrace 5:12 PM - 2 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ddm4000 which has midi functionality, but looks like SV doesn't have those options available for Itch and V7's so guess have to wait again

Aahhh, I see. So SV for Itch only works (properly) with all-in-one controllers?

In the meantime, check the threads on modding your DDM4000 so you can crossfade audio and video at the same time. Otherwise that mixer can only do one or the other (audio or video), not both.
Fuidawg 5:17 PM - 2 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Aahhh, I see. So SV for Itch only works (properly) with all-in-one controllers?

In the meantime, check the threads on modding your DDM4000 so you can crossfade audio and video at the same time. Otherwise that mixer can only do one or the other (audio or video), not both.

Yup, Thanks, I'll check that out!
Ceejay 10:51 AM - 3 March, 2012
I thought this was supposed to be officially released in March ? I suppose you guys meant
March 31. As a Pro Audio Designer I am one of Rane Corporations biggest fans, as a Dj
Scratch Live is as innovative as Apples iPhone , but as a VJ Serato Video seems to have fallen
short of the general expectations of so many VJ's, It might be time to consider some sort of permanent collaboration with Inklen, he apparently seems to have this one sorted with ME, I think both parties could benefit if a deal could be made. Its just a thought.
VJ Justin Allen 3:04 PM - 3 March, 2012
Oh good...yet another ME thread.
DJ'Que 5:28 PM - 3 March, 2012
Quote:
naw yet another thread jack for M.E When will it stop
DJ DisGrace 5:38 PM - 3 March, 2012
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

well you two keep bringing it up
Dj Nyce 8:13 PM - 3 March, 2012
que and Justin Allen...you guys keep complaining that ME users are complaining. Why even respond to that?

If nothing is wrong with serato video, the Rane 61 or Rane 62 or ssl 2.4 for you thats good.

People are complaining. They have a right to complain. Let them complain. How is it affecting you? They people that are complaining are affected by the new mixers and ssl 2.4. You are not affected by anything.

Just a thought
Niro 12:15 AM - 4 March, 2012
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Honestly you guys are not helping anyone out, neither Serato or Video DJ's. Serato became what is today because they listened to their customers. When they didn't, someone else did and made a better product. All you guys are doing is nitpicking on stuff that only helps us all out in the long run. It's like you guys are not only OK with subpar product, but encourage it.

I know one of you is going to say something along the lines of "than, don't use it or don't upgrade..." That kind of thinking will hurt both parties in the long run. People will start to look elsewhere and Serato will have less of a budget to work with ......

Like I said Serato became what it is today, because it listened to their customers on what they could do better, not the other way around. And asking them to legally allow a third-party plugin isn't unreasonable, especially when they are also willing to purchase an inferior product to do so.

Unless you have a better idea, than let the people ask Serato for what they want, because it will only benefit us all.
nik39 1:10 AM - 4 March, 2012
Quote:
Honestly you guys are not helping anyone out, neither Serato or Video DJ's. Serato became what is today because they listened to their customers. When they didn't, someone else did and made a better product. All you guys are doing is nitpicking on stuff that only helps us all out in the long run. It's like you guys are not only OK with subpar product, but encourage it.

I know one of you is going to say something along the lines of "than, don't use it or don't upgrade..." That kind of thinking will hurt both parties in the long run. People will start to look elsewhere and Serato will have less of a budget to work with ......

Like I said Serato became what it is today, because it listened to their customers on what they could do better, not the other way around. And asking them to legally allow a third-party plugin isn't unreasonable, especially when they are also willing to purchase an inferior product to do so.

I am happy to see that someone has the logic and clear view to see that any kind of fanboy-ism will only hurt Serato/Inklen/or any company. Constructive feedback (negative or positive) is what helps the companies to improve their products and services. Some may have the feeling that my comments are bashing the companies, but I always try to explain my position, and try to explain what I am basing my opinion on.

Without people expressing their critique it is difficult for the companies to judge whether their way is the correct way (unless money is all they care). Serato has always been open to critique/feedback and open discussions (even when it comes to competitive products). I hope that this stays the same in the future.
Karl W 8:17 AM - 4 March, 2012
Rane! Buy M.E. just like you did Serato and make a superior product and take us out of FUKING 2008 PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!!

#WhyCantYouGuysJustWorkTogether4fuksSake
DJ Unique 8:25 AM - 4 March, 2012
Quote:
Rane! Buy M.E. just like you did Serato and make a superior product and take us out of FUKING 2008 PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!!

#WhyCantYouGuysJustWorkTogether4fuksSake

What?
Rane purchased Serato?
Karl W 8:33 AM - 4 March, 2012
Serato NZ made....Rane Not
Karl W 8:33 AM - 4 March, 2012
Mix Emergency NZ made as well
Karl W 8:35 AM - 4 March, 2012
Before Serato came along all Rane had going for itself was it's crossfader's in the Rane 56! lol #JustSayin
Karl W 8:58 AM - 4 March, 2012
There's 2 parts to the software and while the Audio has excelled the Video has not advanced at all since 2008.. I was a Video beta tester I have all the dmgs and I saw how VSL went from looking like going the M.E. way with all the extra features and transitions to a more slimmed down version that was lacking Video Quality.
I paid $350 for the vsl plugin..... $190 for Mix Emergency
I feel ripped..... Most of you who are just getting into videos now dont know the difference so do your research before you buy.
I have and SL1 box from 2006, SL3box and Rane 68 and would drop it all and sell it if ME gets support with another Software company just to use M.E.
Ceejay 10:28 AM - 5 March, 2012
Serato Video available in March ? I guess they meant March of 2013.
damehype 2:15 PM - 5 March, 2012
^ ?????
DJMLUV 2:19 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:

word im impatiently waiting lol
damehype 2:22 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:

Isn't today like...... THE 5th???.....
DJ'Que 4:42 PM - 5 March, 2012
Serato video been out to public beta since feb 28th were you guys been at.
Joshua Carl 5:42 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Before Serato came along all Rane had going for itself was it's crossfader's in the Rane 56! lol #JustSayin

That is such an debatable opinion.
If it wasn't for Rane being the hardware side of the team I wouldnt havent so quickly blindly put my faith in Serato as their software partner.

Their sound quality and hardware development is widely recognized as one of the best in the entire industry for over two decades...
damehype 7:06 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

My response was a sarcastic response to his statement. It's only the 5th.... the 31st is still a ways away
phatbob 7:06 PM - 5 March, 2012
Lest we forget, the mighty MP2016 which was for years and years the only decent rotary mixer being manufactured.

Rane don't just make DJ gear, either. Their rack EQs are legendary.

The world doesn't revolve around scratch mixers, however much some DJs like to think it does.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:24 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Rane! Buy M.E. just like you did Serato

Rane and Serato are two indpendent companines, one does not own the other.

Quote:

Serato Video is still on track to be released in March.
Ragewerx 10:25 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

We currently have no plans to support Windows machines running Intel graphics cards, sorry.

Welp since there isn't any future for me unless I buy a Mac, I guess I will join the rest in going over to virtual DJ. It is cheaper than buying a Macbook just to sate the apple community. However, I find it interesting that they use the same hardware in Macs as they do in PC's.

Boy am I glad that I didn't buy the plugin first THEN find this out.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:36 PM - 5 March, 2012
You don't have to buy a Mac, a PC with a non Intel graphics card with dedicated memory will work.
Joshua Carl 10:41 PM - 5 March, 2012
Ive had good luck in the last with past on the PC side with Nvidia...a matter of picking the proper driver package....
The GeForce GTX 580M looks pretty dope.
Ragewerx 10:53 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
You don't have to buy a Mac, a PC with a non Intel graphics card with dedicated memory will work.

But it is supported on a Mac (intel 3000 series) under an Intel video card. What's up with that? The last time I checked, they use the SAME features (shared RAM for video).

Sounds a bit sketchy to me. Thanks anyway, I will just go to VDJ, I really don't have time to play "wait n see".
nik39 11:02 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Sounds a bit sketchy to me.

I doubt that it is sketchy... The drivers for the Intel card are a lot better on the Mac that on the Windows side. That should be the reason for the difference in performance.
Ragewerx 11:10 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Sounds a bit sketchy to me.

I doubt that it is sketchy... The drivers for the Intel card are a lot better on the Mac that on the Windows side. That should be the reason for the difference in performance.

Shared RAM is just that, Shared RAM. How can drivers be better or worse for access to this feature? Win 7 uses the very same drivers for the Intel 3000 video card as the Mac. These are released from Intel themselves not from the OS companies.

That is the reason I say "Sounds a bit sketchy to me."
Ragewerx 11:11 PM - 5 March, 2012
Actually, to be more accurate. They are written the same way to access the same features.
nik39 11:13 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Shared RAM is just that, Shared RAM. How can drivers be better or worse for access to this feature?

Obviously the point is *not* shared RAM.

Quote:
Win 7 uses the very same drivers for the Intel 3000 video card as the Mac.

How could that be?
damehype 11:37 PM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Welp since there isn't any future for me unless I buy a Mac, I guess I will join the rest in going over to virtual DJ.

Quote:
Thanks anyway, I will just go to VDJ, I really don't have time to play "wait n see".

Cool story, bro...
Fuidawg 4:05 AM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:

Serato Video is still on track to be released in March.

so hopefully the full version will make the crossfade possible with audio and video at the same time aye for the v7's aye? work your magic serato lol... otherwise I'll probably will just be mixing with audio ... moding my mixer is not an option right now
DJ "B" 7:48 PM - 8 March, 2012
I have faith, it will be here soon!!
dwofford 10:55 PM - 8 March, 2012
I have requested a Serato video serial and it to me to a 404 page - now the upgrade link is gray. How do I get the Video Serial?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:00 AM - 9 March, 2012
Hey dwofford,

When you say that you have requested a Serato Video serial number, do you mean that you have purchased a copy of Video-SL? Do you have the URL of the page you are trying to access?
YG 7:00 PM - 9 March, 2012
PLZ PLZ release the SV!! How long should I wait??
My DDJ-S1 is dying from waiting!!
Vision LightLab 6:17 AM - 10 March, 2012
First, how does one start a new discussion, my topic is different, I don't wish to impose.
First, I'm very glad to see video for Itch, finally! second, the one thing that I am not a big fan of is the video control/screen layout. It reminds me of VDJ a bit, not all business like itch itself, looks like a hardware control panel. I would like to see all 3 screens the same size & all controls (minus faders) located underneath screens. It just seems sort of cluttered. I'm a fan of symmetry. This could leave a lot of side room to perhaps view effects or SP6 simultaneously .
Ceejay 10:31 AM - 10 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

My response was a sarcastic response to his statement. It's only the 5th.... the 31st is still a ways away

Lets see what happens when the March 31st rolls around and it still isn't out !
tomatoslice 7:23 PM - 10 March, 2012
i have club owners/promoters mentioning going with one of the new mixers.
that poses a problem. there is no fully working video program to use with them.
AND the version of ssl required to do video with the new mixers is also beta.

beta on a beta seems risky.
plus, serato takes no liability and they do not recommend using a beta for a live performance.

what are my options to do video with a 61/62?
i am very wary of updating to new versions, let alone betas, after "corrupted filegate."
skinnyguy 7:54 PM - 10 March, 2012
Wait for it to become final. That's all you can do. Besides using a beta.
skinnyguy 7:55 PM - 10 March, 2012
But even then, some finals have been buggy. It's just that a final should have less bugs than a beta.
Millz 8:22 PM - 10 March, 2012
(then dont use the new mixers)
tomatoslice 8:27 PM - 10 March, 2012
Quote:

yea, i am just a scared. have to carry my 57 around more often or put it in a rider.

*S*
Maskrider 8:34 AM - 12 March, 2012
Quote:

Crack is one hell of a Drug.
Maskrider 8:39 AM - 12 March, 2012
Quote:
Thanks anyway, I will just go to VDJ, I really don't have time to play "wait n see".

Go ahead nobody will miss you.
Vision LightLab 2:07 AM - 13 March, 2012
I purchase VDJ just to be able to have video capability until video for Itch arrived, I got a VCI-300 last summer because Serato informed me they would have video eventually. I do not care for VDJ. If I had to buy a Mac to make a better software work I would. It is a question of priorities, Serato software is much more professional to me, the colored audio waveforms top the list, its worth it. I'll keep VDJ for Karaoke though, god help me!
chaka 7:02 AM - 13 March, 2012
So when i went the the beta download, it had me update my computer profile and i noticed the Rane 62 is not listed as a mixer - is this supported for this app?
chaka 8:29 AM - 13 March, 2012
Seems to work ok with the 62 so far - but i noticed my music take a boat load long to load when i start Scratch Live. Video is very cool though - guessing the full version will be full screen - right?
chaka 8:57 AM - 13 March, 2012
Ok Question - How do you assign video effects to a Rane 62 knob?
damehype 12:06 PM - 13 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

yea, i am just a scared. have to carry my 57 around more often or put it in a rider.

*S*

Slice, then why are you even asking a hypothetical question that you already know the answer to and that doesn't appear to affect you? What are your motives? To try and shame Serato? To try and catch them in a Gotcha! moment?
Dj Nyce 2:36 PM - 13 March, 2012
Quote:

Rane 62 is supported with Serato Video 1.0 Beta. You have to use SSL 2.4.1. beta though.

beta is full screen as well. when you connect your 2nd output (monitor, tv, etc). you can drag the output window to the 2nd monitor and go full screen there.

as far as assign video effects to a rane 62 knob...it depends on the knob. when ssl is running, all 62 buttons and knobs control serato. a few of them (not all) can be assigned to something else, but will still control the ssl function. currently, this cannot be disabled.
tomatoslice 4:09 PM - 13 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*S*

Slice, then why are you even asking a hypothetical question that you already know the answer to and that doesn't appear to affect you? What are your motives? To try and shame Serato? To try and catch them in a Gotcha! moment?

no, i just want to know THEIR work around, if they have one. if THEY say there isn't one then i am just going to drop it. i just want to know what THEY are doing to play video on the 62.
i do have to play on a 62 this thursday. playing on my 57 is not an option that day.
tomatoslice 5:05 PM - 13 March, 2012
i got my answer.
damehype 5:40 PM - 13 March, 2012
It has been stated before that the only options are to use SV beta or, as a workaround, use an SL box and run either VSL or ME. You can then midi map the 62. Did you receive a different answer and if so, do you care to share it?
tomatoslice 5:57 PM - 13 March, 2012
i wanted an official answer from THEM, not a bunch of other users.
you never know, they may know more than you. they may do things different.
and you say that it has been stated before but no one pointed me to what THEY said.

they do use the 62. (when i say "they" i mean one rane rep that i know of.)
there is no actual work around, except the sl box which they aren't using.
basically they said, THEY use the beta and are confidant in it enough to use it live.
they feel it is much better than vsl.
you should have all your files pre-analyzed before playing out. long time users should know that.
also, make sure you have no corrupted files. previous users of that one version should know that as well.

REALLY, my satisfaction comes from knowing THEY are confidant in it.
sometimes it's just easier to talk directly to someone.
they can answer a lot of questions better than the forums.
answers here tend to be vague and lack details that can be relevant; what type of comp? ext hd? etc.
chaka 6:41 PM - 13 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Rane 62 is supported with Serato Video 1.0 Beta. You have to use SSL 2.4.1. beta though.

beta is full screen as well. when you connect your 2nd output (monitor, tv, etc). you can drag the output window to the 2nd monitor and go full screen there.

as far as assign video effects to a rane 62 knob...it depends on the knob. when ssl is running, all 62 buttons and knobs control serato. a few of them (not all) can be assigned to something else, but will still control the ssl function. currently, this cannot be disabled.

I'll just have to start touching knobs to see which one is assigned - i couldnt find it. I still for the life of me could not get the window to go full screen in the demo - the controls to expand the window do not exist - just a close button.

Ill look at it again tonight - thanks for the info
Dj Nyce 2:19 AM - 14 March, 2012
none of the knobs on the 62 control serato video by default. like i said you may be able to midi assign it depending on which knob you are talking about, but it will still do it's original function.

so let's say you midi assign the pgm 2 filter knob to deck 2 slot 1 video effect. know you will be able to select an effect, but the filter will also be on as well.
Vision LightLab 4:06 AM - 14 March, 2012
I think the full screen function has been intentionally disabled for the beta version, It would be cool if Serato would give a certain number of the most helpful beta testers free (or discounted) full versions. An incentive for testers to really help. I've noticed videos seem to have some difficulty loading & also I've come across a couple where the video is no show but the audio works, these are all mp4's from known VJ pools, these videos work in VDJ & i-tunes ect. As for controlling video effects with my VCI-300 I have to use a mouse, I do wish for a all in one controller myself, someday a holographic controller w/ spacial mass sensor ( think of the movie "Iron Man, Tony Stark manipulating projected images by hand) Hardware compatibility will be virtually limitless.....but back in the now, what is available has come a long way.
Millz 8:24 AM - 14 March, 2012
dude, are you asking for a free copy of a program that costs barely nothing? :) Jus sayin
VJ Justin Allen 11:19 AM - 14 March, 2012
And slammed every other beta tester...whoever they are...in the same sentence :)
damehype 12:55 PM - 14 March, 2012
My full screen works fine
DJ'Que 5:12 PM - 14 March, 2012
smh
tomatoslice 5:20 PM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:
none of the knobs on the 62 control serato video by default. like i said you may be able to midi assign it depending on which knob you are talking about, but it will still do it's original function.

so let's say you midi assign the pgm 2 filter knob to deck 2 slot 1 video effect. know you will be able to select an effect, but the filter will also be on as well.

haha...wow.
tomatoslice 5:54 PM - 14 March, 2012
although, i already do something similar.

it will be nice for in some ways. you just have to think around it.
for instance, if you want to use the filter you can set the effects to increase as you turn the knob.
it will come in handy especially if you can assign the knob to multiple things.
Mr Wilks 7:35 PM - 14 March, 2012
Fullscreen only becomes active on the paid "full" version.

It's not really stated anywhere I could find previous to buying it last year, but took a chance and it was clickable once the product key was entered.

Hope that helps (as nobody could answer it for me, Serato included).
damehype 7:40 PM - 14 March, 2012
Why would it be any different, it's a Demo? That's common knowledge. And it is stated on this forum, I think. I know I've read it somewhere before.
(and cue someone stating that fullscreen is available on the ME Demo version, lol)
phatbob 7:43 PM - 14 March, 2012
Well, it is... ;-)

It seems like an odd restriction as it says DEMO in big letters on the screen, but if that's how Serato want to do it I can't see why they shouldn't. Demos are always either time OR feature limited, that's just the way of the software world.
tomatoslice 7:45 PM - 14 March, 2012
the demo did NOT open to full screen when i had it.
that is just a plain fact and it was stated in the forums several times back then.
at that time, the weekend that vsl came out, the demo would not go to full screen.
it also had some word, like DEMO, on the main output.

if that has changed after all these years i'd be surprised.
tomatoslice 7:46 PM - 14 March, 2012
or if it has changed after ONLY 2 full releases i'd be surprised as well.
damehype 7:47 PM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:
Well, it is... ;-)

I know it is, lol. I just wanted to point it out before chimed in to say " But you can do it on ME"
Mr Wilks 8:35 PM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:
Why would it be any different, it's a Demo? That's common knowledge. And it is stated on this forum, I think. I know I've read it somewhere before.
(and cue someone stating that fullscreen is available on the ME Demo version, lol)

It confused me when i first bought it last year as it states (and still does) on the Video SL page "Download and try the fully featured demo before you buy“. I even opened a ticket as the button wouldn't click to enable full screen.

It later turns out it's not fully featured as there is a restriction on the output. It's not stated on the download screen that it's limited output. It doesn't affect output quality to to me it looked like there was a graphics card restriction in place like it does with effects and Serato even had me checking the specs of the card.

I purchased it on a gamble that I could hide the window somehow.
damehype 8:49 PM - 14 March, 2012
But come on bro, There would then be a HUGE watermark on the output so even if it were able to output fullscreen, it still wouldn't be "fully featured"
Joshua Carl 8:57 PM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:
But come on bro, There would then be a HUGE watermark on the output so even if it were able to output fullscreen, it still wouldn't be "fully featured"

this.

its like going to demo a mixer at guitar center.
you can do what ever you want with it, see if it meets your needs.
even come back and try as much as you want.
but they arent going to give it to you for the weekend, and say bring it back monday and let us know how it worked at your gigs...
its the responsibility of the consumer to do their homework,
Mr Wilks 9:43 PM - 14 March, 2012
Quote:

True. But there is a feature locked out that isn't stated as being locked out anywhere so I opened a ticket as I thought my graphics card was restricting output. The fact is it's not explained it is or why it is making it look like an issue.

I knew about the demo mode as it was like this when i first downloaded it early 2009 to test but just think Serato should state that fullscreen is a restriction. A forum search didn't pull anything up so just took a punt and bought it anyway.

Looking back I can see now that it's logical for the DEMO MODE to be in windowed mode but as a new user it can appear like a graphics card restriction. Even Serato couldn't direct me in the right direction, so I just rolled with it.

And the unsupported intel backup lappy doesn't display the watermark onyway (not that it's any good for video as it's framerate is too slow).
tomatoslice 10:38 PM - 14 March, 2012
so let me get this straight...

Mr Wilks,
your main issue is that you think serato should state that full screen mode is disabled?
if they do not state it anywhere, yes, maybe they should. i agree. it would seem logical.
most software does tell you the demo limitations when you try it.

is there any other issue here?
Mr Wilks 10:45 PM - 14 March, 2012
No other issues.

It was all feedback regarding Chaka's comment further up about being stumped on not being able to work out how to activate. I was just dropping it in there I had to take to the forums to find out and I got no resolution myself.

serato.com

I just think it's a bit confusing so was kinda adding input, that's all :)
Vision LightLab 1:47 AM - 15 March, 2012
No disrespect to anyone intended, anyone helping is equal. Only reason I even thought about cost is not a lot of gigs around here.Could relocate, in previous times 90's rave era, wouldn't have even thought twice about it. Anyone else experiencing audio but no video w/mp4's?
christianbiko 3:44 AM - 15 March, 2012
Hey guys would love to have syphon support, apart from that everything works great. The free upgrade from video sl is greatly appreciated has well.
Ceejay 7:34 AM - 16 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Available in March ? I guess they meant the Beta Version Only.
damehype 12:34 PM - 16 March, 2012
Isn't today only like...... THE 16th???...

Moral of the story...... Calm down
DJ'Que 5:31 PM - 16 March, 2012
yeah calm down cuz soon as they put it out too early everyone will be complaining about this and that. let the do there thing.

so we can have a stable video.

Also i been running SV on high with no issues. did a 1 1/2 video mix the last 2 day totaling 3 hrs.
Deejay Splash 6:51 PM - 16 March, 2012
Hi there,
Where can i get the Ns6 plugin now. Its time to play video
phatbob 7:03 PM - 16 March, 2012
Try reading the first post in this thread, maybe?
Deejay Splash 7:08 PM - 16 March, 2012
Thanks Bob,but it doesn't have deep info'
phatbob 7:20 PM - 16 March, 2012
Have you tried, y'know, clicking the links?

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Serato Video 1.0 is now in public beta, you can find it here > serato.com.

To use Serato Video 1.0, you will need to use the latest betas of Scratch Live 2.4.1 (serato.com) and ITCH 2.2 (serato.com).

Please ensure you post all feedback in these beta areas.

Enjoy!
Deejay Splash 7:25 PM - 16 March, 2012
do you need to buy the plugin thing?
Millz 7:44 PM - 16 March, 2012
Yes, check out serato.com
chaka 8:12 PM - 16 March, 2012
Is the month half full, or half empty?

Seems like full screen is a hot topic with others - i'm actually fine with it. It was driving me nuts though because i wasnt aware that was a limitation of the demo - i just though i was sippn on the noobsauce and wasnt expanding the screen correct.

Will get some more time playing around with this and my 62 and Itch this weekend.
controversial 2:33 AM - 17 March, 2012
i purchased full version coulnt do the demo I rocked out a party for a sweet 16 last week with my 08 mb with 4 gigs of ram, my ns7fx, epson projector & 80 in screen had no issues sunning about 700 gigs of mp4 and avi files with no hick ups!
DJ DisGrace 8:28 AM - 17 March, 2012
Quote:
avi files

these are supported now?
controversial 2:24 PM - 17 March, 2012
yes avi was 100%
DJ'Que 5:06 PM - 17 March, 2012
I think avi been supported
controversial 4:02 AM - 18 March, 2012
just ran serato video sl with itch for another 5 hours with no problems
Deejay Splash 4:22 AM - 18 March, 2012
oooh Ns6 works with SL?
DJ'Que 6:30 AM - 18 March, 2012
Quote:
just ran serato video sl with itch for another 5 hours with no problems
you mean serato video beta
controversial 3:01 PM - 18 March, 2012
yeah meant "serato video beta" flawless only issue is when i move the cue fader on the ns7fx the video fades to the video Im cuing work around is to deactivate fader on screen move cue then reactivate so when i mix next song it will fade new video on sync.
controversial 3:51 PM - 18 March, 2012
dl latest versions and crossfader fix was implemented :-)
Deejay Splash 6:44 PM - 18 March, 2012
yes Dj Que the serato video beta.
Ceejay 10:24 AM - 20 March, 2012
March 20th, still no official release.....
DJ KSwift 1:40 PM - 20 March, 2012
It's March 20th and no official release. Is there a release date for serato video coming soon?
popnwave 6:52 PM - 20 March, 2012
..so does this mean you guys want them to push out an official release even if the bugs aren't ironed out yet? C'mon, help out on the beta if you're that keen on getting the release sooner.
chaka 7:50 PM - 20 March, 2012
Naw, what we are saying is we are impatient mutha F'rs and WANT IT NOW!!!!

It's spring time now, i'm calllmm. Besides - the Kiwi's are too busy partying in Miami right now for WMC and UMF to finish this week. Maybe next week after the hangover wears off
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:19 PM - 20 March, 2012
Quote:
the Kiwi's are too busy partying in Miami right now for WMC and UMF to finish this week. Maybe next week after the hangover wears off

We're not over there, I wish we were ;)

We're still on track for a March release.
controversial 10:23 PM - 20 March, 2012
Michael I appreciate how invoked you are with this forum and for that I have to start with a big thanks... but dude please slip someone a $20 bill and get them to move on the effects over haul and give me the same fx on itch that SL users have!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:05 PM - 20 March, 2012
Hey controversial,

Better effects is something we'd like to do and we are looking into it. You can slip me $20 whenever you like ;)
controversial 12:10 AM - 21 March, 2012
lol thanks Michael!
Vision LightLab 4:00 AM - 21 March, 2012
so glad video for Itch is almost here, was able to ditch VDJ & use my VCI -300 MK11, working as it should, FINALLY with the beta version,then as usual, another torpedo is loaded & fired out of the mystery hatch with the announcement of the VCI-380! It just never ends, but I'm having fun, I think........
vj ram 4:44 AM - 21 March, 2012
Hello friends, somebody can help me please. I need to know what formats are accepted in the new serato video plugin? I think Ii have to re encode all my videos cause' almost all my videos are in vob or mpg format.

Please somebody who helps me, I think it's gonna be a very hard work and I need to start soon and I don't know which format is correct for the new plugin.
Vision LightLab 5:04 AM - 21 March, 2012
When I first fired up the beta, it wouldn't recognize any of my mp4 videos, so I poked around in I-tunes, then activated SSL which recognizes my video files,and when I relaunched the beta the were all recognized. Don't now how or why. Hope it helps. If you do have to convert, I use 4Media converter seems to work O.K.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:06 AM - 21 March, 2012
Hey vj ram,

The following are supported:

Supported Video Files
mov, m4v, mp4, m4a, avi, flv, mpg, mpeg, dv, qtz (Mac only).

Supported Video Codecs
H.264, DV, Motion JPEG A, Motion JPEG B, MPEG-4.

More info here > serato.com (click link).
vj ram 5:31 AM - 21 March, 2012
Thanks friends, I'll start to conversion process. and, what about mp4 1080p?
phatbob 7:40 AM - 21 March, 2012
You should only run 1080p videos if you have a very high end graphics card in your laptop (512mb or 1gb).
The best thing to do to convert is use handbrake with the Serato preset. See serato.com or serato.com
controversial 12:43 AM - 22 March, 2012
help everyone i updated now cant run dual screen the middle where the fader was no is all black running this on ns7fx with mbpro 13 inch
tomatoslice 1:37 AM - 22 March, 2012
Quote:
help everyone i updated now cant run dual screen the middle where the fader was no is all black running this on ns7fx with mbpro 13 inch

sounds like a transition issue. select a different one.
if that's not it, start a help ticket.
serato.com
phatbob 1:41 AM - 22 March, 2012
At this point I think it's still more useful if controversial posts a beta bug report, tomatoslice.

serato.com
controversial 3:16 AM - 22 March, 2012
how do i post a bug report? i ever had an issue untill today
tomatoslice 4:03 AM - 22 March, 2012
oooh that's right, beta!! oops.

Quote:
how do i post a bug report? i ever had an issue untill today

serato.com
controversial 4:33 AM - 22 March, 2012
that post is closed tomatoslice , i can see the video if no hardware is plugged in but i cant see if full screen i can only see it on the top right next to the waveform
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:50 AM - 22 March, 2012
Hey controversial,

You can start a new request by going here > serato.com (click link).

Cheers.
tomatoslice 5:07 AM - 22 March, 2012
my link was to answer your question, controversial.

When reporting bugs please create a new thread in this area, be as accurate and concise as possible and check that your issue has not already been reported first. Give the thread a clear heading and include as many system and configuration details as possible.

A bug we can reproduce is usually one we can fix, the more information you give us (particularly clear steps to reproduce the issue) the easier it will be for us to fix the issue.

If a bug has already been reported by yourself or another beta tester, please follow up with comments in the same thread, it makes it difficult to track progress when the same bug is reported in several threads.

serato.com
controversial 2:22 PM - 22 March, 2012
ok found the solution go into user, library, preferences and delete the serato video plist now everythign is working back to 100 percent
Ceejay 7:36 AM - 25 March, 2012
Serato Video will be available in March......
Its March 25.....still no official release
Vision LightLab 7:51 AM - 25 March, 2012
seems like by the time we get it lil wayne will be playing on muzak systems. LOL!
phatbob 11:16 AM - 25 March, 2012
You can have it buggy right now, or you can wait till it's ready for release.

Are you guys seriously suggesting you'd rather they just rushed it out the door?
controversial 2:44 PM - 25 March, 2012
im with phatbob on this one people are experiencing lag on videos and other little issues so lets wait and get a stable version!
DJ'Que 5:44 PM - 25 March, 2012
I did video yesturday with both Rc and didnt have no issues. I been using them live since they cameout. The 62 is a beast. But I would still wait for a final.

No rush cause I still can do video.
SpinDoctor 7:54 PM - 25 March, 2012
When and how do I trade VSL for Serato Video?
Vision LightLab 3:37 AM - 26 March, 2012
It's true, Id really rather have less bugs. I've got VDJ to use if I need video, but of course it will feel like being on the special bus.......
Ceejay 10:36 AM - 26 March, 2012
Quote:
You can have it buggy right now, or you can wait till it's ready for release.

Are you guys seriously suggesting you'd rather they just rushed it out the door?

Serato announced worldwide that the official release would be in March, if the software was not ready for release then they shouldn't have stated that it would be. Bugs of no bugs no one should announce the release of a product until it actually ready. 5 days left and counting...
Ceejay 10:40 AM - 26 March, 2012
Quote:
When and how do I trade VSL for Serato Video?

Its a free upgrade if you have VSL.
VJ Justin Allen 11:18 AM - 26 March, 2012
Quote:

Serato announced worldwide that the official release would be in March, if the software was not ready for release then they shouldn't have stated that it would be. Bugs of no bugs no one should announce the release of a product until it actually ready. 5 days left and counting...

Seriously...why don't you wait until they actually miss the deadline before you start slamming them. This has been an on-going issue with you and I just don't see why.

And just about every company in the world that deals with a new product release has missed a deadline...shrug.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:01 PM - 26 March, 2012
Quote:
Serato announced worldwide that the official release would be in March

There are 31 days in March ;)
skinnyguy 9:19 PM - 26 March, 2012
shoulda said it would be out sometime in April and "surprise" everyone at the end of March.
tomatoslice 9:36 PM - 26 March, 2012
There are 31 days in March 2013. :p
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:24 PM - 26 March, 2012
Quote:
shoulda said it would be out sometime in April and "surprise" everyone at the end of March.

Is it too late to do this?

;)
tomatoslice 12:57 AM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Is it too late to do this?

;)

if you have to wait past the end of this march for release, many of us will not mind.

a good working program coming late is better than a buggy beta pushed to full release to soon.
Vision LightLab 1:58 AM - 27 March, 2012
heck with video, I really want a pea sized quantum computer thats capable of rapidly expanding to near infintesible proportions housing all manners of predictably finite life/energy combinations many existing on large spheres. Some quasi-dimentional life forms television. (sorry, it was a long day at work). Looking forwards to itch video.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:20 AM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
I really want a pea sized quantum computer thats capable of rapidly expanding to near infintesible proportions housing all manners of predictably finite life/energy combinations many existing on large spheres. Some quasi-dimentional life forms television.

+1
DJ "B" 3:01 AM - 27 March, 2012
Patience YO, it will be worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:55 AM - 27 March, 2012
Hey guys,

Serato Video 1.0 is now available > serato.com.

With 5 days to spare even ;)
Henry GQ 7:11 AM - 27 March, 2012
soooo if u update to serato video. does it wipe out ur VSL? therefore NOT allowing you to use ME?
nik39 7:18 AM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
does it wipe out ur VSL? therefore NOT allowing you to use ME?

Wrong logic. ME does not need VSL currently.

But ME only works with older versions than 2.4.0.

SV needs 2.4.1+.

As long as you keep a copy of 2.3.3, ME will work fine with it.
skinnyguy 7:47 AM - 27 March, 2012
Can u keep a copy of vsl and sv? In case u have to use an older version of ssl.
Keewill 12:07 PM - 27 March, 2012
Will the new Serato Video still require a midi controlled mixer?

if so will there ever be a time where you can use Serato Video with any mixer?

Thanks
skinnyguy 12:47 PM - 27 March, 2012
u CAN use serato video with any mixer.
DJ DisGrace 2:07 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:

Thanks

Quote:

LOL
I want my computer to magically sense what the crossfader on my non digital mixer is doing
Keewill 2:42 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Quote:

LOL
I want my computer to magically sense what the crossfader on my non digital mixer is doing

Was that a real comment sir?
DJ DisGrace 3:07 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:

Well the software obviously needs to be connected to your mixer somehow....

Quote:

was this a real request?

Quote:

like skinnyguy said, you can use any mixer and crossfade with the arrow keys or an external midi controller
phatbob 3:09 PM - 27 March, 2012
No midi or HID: no fader control from mixer. Anything else is physically and electrically impossible.
Keewill 3:17 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
No midi or HID: no fader control from mixer. Anything else is physically and electrically impossible.

thank you sir thats all i needed
Keewill 3:20 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Well the software obviously needs to be connected to your mixer somehow....

Quote:

was this a real request?

Quote:

like skinnyguy said, you can use any mixer and crossfade with the arrow keys or an external midi controller

Though i found your responses useless I thank you anyway. In the future i suggest leaving comments to real DJ's who want to help other. All in All this will be my last response to you so have a good day and take care...
Dj Nyce 3:54 PM - 27 March, 2012
Serato Video and Video-SL are separate plugins with separate settings and separate serial numbers.

you can have both installed at the same time.

to use Serato Video, launch SSL 2.4.1 and to use Video-SL, launch SSL 2.3.3
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:59 PM - 27 March, 2012
Quote:
you can have both installed at the same time.

to use Serato Video, launch SSL 2.4.1 and to use Video-SL, launch SSL 2.3.3

This is correct :)
skinnyguy 12:46 AM - 28 March, 2012
Thanks nyce.
Karl W 3:37 AM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:

Thanks

WTF? Hahahahhahahhahahahhahaha

Serato are working on some MAGIC potions for your mixer right now !!! Hahahhahaha
filmriss 2:01 PM - 28 March, 2012
Will Serato Video support FreeFrameGL and syphon in the future?
Just Add Music 2:24 AM - 12 May, 2012
Quote:
Will Serato Video support FreeFrameGL and syphon in the future?

You can use FreeFrameGL using the Quartz Composer and v002 FFGLQC plugin see here kineme.net