DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Looks like A-Trak quietly switched to Traktor

DJ Fresh Direct 6:14 AM - 24 December, 2011
Just noticed the CVs in this picture of him opening up for SHM at Madison Square Garden...

www.kirillwashere.com

www.kirillwashere.com

Think he caked up?
Sureshot (PA) 9:29 AM - 24 December, 2011
interesting.. especially since he just dropped a Fools Gold/Serato Pressing. but it looks pretty undeniable. i'd be interested in some more details.
spirez 9:48 AM - 24 December, 2011
nooooooooooooo :(
Sol*los 10:25 AM - 24 December, 2011
WOW!!
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:37 AM - 24 December, 2011
that's not the kind of gig one would experiment at either.....

I'm hoping for some kind of official response from A-trak.

IMO there has to be some cheddar involved for him to switch
StreetFighta 2:07 PM - 24 December, 2011
His friends Craze, and Shiftee both are on it
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:09 PM - 24 December, 2011
Well considering the last few updates of SSL have been riddled with bugs, no sync on the SP6, no MIDI out for controllers, etc, etc...... I can see why. It's time Serato got off that high horse and started listening to the demends of djs and not some suit in an office.......... We use this as a tool to feed our families, we cant have shit messing up and then get the cold shoulder from Serato. It's time they wake up.........
Maskrider 4:21 PM - 24 December, 2011
Competition is good for the customers.....lol
DJ Quartz 4:28 PM - 24 December, 2011
It's going to be a ping-pong effect for years to come.

Scratch Live and Traktor Scratch Pro have cornered the market.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:36 PM - 24 December, 2011
And like that other cat said a few post up, I'm sure there was an exchange of funds aswell, lol!! Still Serato does have a few things they really need to work on. Let's hope for the best come NAMM time....
Maskrider 4:36 PM - 24 December, 2011
Quote:
It's going to be a ping-pong effect for years to come.

Scratch Live and Traktor Scratch Pro have cornered the market.

And our pockets.
Maskrider 4:37 PM - 24 December, 2011
I think the Artist get paid by the Sponsor per show.
sacrilicious 5:44 PM - 24 December, 2011
Well, I can't wait to see the routine he makes for whatever ad NI is getting together.
DJ Fresh Direct 5:45 PM - 24 December, 2011
Quote:
Well, I can't wait to see the routine he makes for whatever ad NI is getting together.

Word. Those NI video's are always pretty dope.
DJ Fresh Direct 5:47 PM - 24 December, 2011
DJ's needa listen to the models // "You ain't got no Yeezy in yo Traktor!?"
...it just doesn't ring right
djdannyd 5:50 PM - 24 December, 2011
not cooler than nick: serato.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
kryptonitednb 6:20 PM - 24 December, 2011
Guys, in telling you. I was the biggest Serato proponent in the world. Shit, I spent THOUSANDS of dollars on Serato vinyl/gear/etc.

Feel free to pull the wool over your eyes, but Traktor is leaps and bounds above Serato for an experienced dj. You can do infinitely more. It really is sad. I really wish I didn't have to switch. The possibilities are endless.

With that said, I still have nothing but love for Serato.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:21 PM - 24 December, 2011
^ Truth ^
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:36 PM - 24 December, 2011
Quote:
Guys, in telling you. I was the biggest Serato proponent in the world. Shit, I spent THOUSANDS of dollars on Serato vinyl/gear/etc.

Feel free to pull the wool over your eyes, but Traktor is leaps and bounds above Serato for an experienced dj. You can do infinitely more. It really is sad. I really wish I didn't have to switch. The possibilities are endless.

yeah but you don't need a 400 page book to use it let alone rip the shit out of dance floors with it
echa1945mf 7:37 PM - 24 December, 2011
Quote:
not cooler than nick: serato.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

did anybody else reallize that nick looks like tony hawk :D
echa1945mf 7:39 PM - 24 December, 2011
aaaaah crap i want that VFX-1 so baad ! that thing is just what i need , that and the (hopefully came out soon) Numark NSP6
DJ Quartz 7:53 PM - 24 December, 2011
Quote:

Traktor has it advantages in areas, but SSL will get there not to mention you cannot replace ease of plug 'n' play with the 57SL and the visualization capability of Video SL.
DJ GaFFle 8:03 PM - 24 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Traktor has it advantages in areas, but SSL will get there not to mention you cannot replace ease of plug 'n' play with the 57SL and the visualization capability of Video SL.

Does Traktor recognize mp3 or AAC cue points created on in Serato?
DJ Quartz 8:16 PM - 24 December, 2011
You would have to use the converter tool and since the updates in SSL it has broken that tool.
SiRocket 8:29 PM - 24 December, 2011
what the hell is nick using under his vfx1!
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:51 PM - 24 December, 2011
A ttm 58
SiRocket 9:34 PM - 24 December, 2011
its a piece of wood!!!!!! nh nm
Dj Shamann 10:02 PM - 24 December, 2011
Quote:
did anybody else reallize that nick looks like tony hawk :D

LOL when I saw the "OMGZ11!! New 58 and he's wearing a weed shirt!" pic I was thinking "so wait, Tony Hawk is the latest celebrity Dj now?"

;p
kryptonitednb 11:47 PM - 24 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

yeah but you don't need a 400 page book to use it let alone rip the shit out of dance floors with it

You don't with Traktor either. I could do basic djing like Serato without reading the manual. I want to be able to understand how to sync and record mixes in Ableton (without buying a 57 or 68), sync with Maschine, use the FOUR decks, the synced sample decks, and the multiple other things that Serato isn't even close to capable of. =(
echa1945mf 12:18 AM - 25 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You don't with Traktor either. I could do basic djing like Serato without reading the manual. I want to be able to understand how to sync and record mixes in Ableton (without buying a 57 or 68), sync with Maschine, use the FOUR decks, the synced sample decks, and the multiple other things that Serato isn't even close to capable of. =(

you can do that all in serato,layering loops and stuff with the minus of sync which you dont need if you practice good and hard enough instead of a synced up samples sure thats good to have synced up stuf, but its better to have not use sync instead and practice the skills to pull it off,be creative ... here is where i breakdown my serato setup : serato.com
Discobee 12:48 AM - 25 December, 2011
How come you guys still care which DJ is using whatever product? Big name DJs are humans too, they sometimes change their minds and make different choices, too. Use what you like and what works for you. Stop worrying about what DJ so and so is using. Merry Christmas :)
AIRX ONE 1:26 AM - 25 December, 2011
Quote:
How come you guys still care which DJ is using whatever product? Big name DJs are humans too, they sometimes change their minds and make different choices, too. Use what you like and what works for you. Stop worrying about what DJ so and so is using. Merry Christmas :)

+1
dj_soo 1:39 AM - 25 December, 2011
Quote:

fanboy syndrome - people who can't afford every expensive thing under the sun need to feel validated in their purchase choice - whether it's citing "established" people using the same product, endorsements, or straight up just feeling the need to slag the other guy's product of choice.

For a lot of these people, trying to have a rational conversation about things (for instance that hey, maybe each product has their own strengths and weaknesses?) is futile.

Same thing happens with smartphones, videogame consoles, cameras, etc. Hell, just check the comments section of any tech blog and you see the same thing...
Dj Shamann 2:02 AM - 25 December, 2011
Who cares
DJ Dub Cowboy 2:14 AM - 25 December, 2011
The only reason I care is that A-Trak has been one of Serato's biggest supporters from day -1. That is a major loss for the company that makes the products I use. Almost a dis since he just released a Serato pressing.
jevo9 5:08 AM - 25 December, 2011
That's pretty messed up imo........ We supported his serato pressing and he's djing in traktor.... Crazy
dj_soo 5:20 AM - 25 December, 2011
Quote:
That's pretty messed up imo........ We supported his serato pressing and he's djing in traktor.... Crazy

Quote:
Who cares
Maskrider 5:21 AM - 25 December, 2011
Quote:

Lol......People like you should get a life seriously.
jevo9 5:53 AM - 25 December, 2011
Get a life??? Lol just because I had an opinion about it. I'm not hating on the guy, shit I look up to him, all I'm saying is why the change. BTW I do have a life lol,work school and dj ... Have a good Xmas everyone
dj_soo 6:10 AM - 25 December, 2011
Maybe he likes it better. Maybe he wants to try something new.

The more relevent question is why do you care so much what seone else uses?
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:14 AM - 25 December, 2011
if you all really don't care, why did you click this thread?
dj_soo 6:28 AM - 25 December, 2011
I was hoping to see a video actually...
dj_soo 6:30 AM - 25 December, 2011
Bored at the family Xmas party is mainly why I clicked...
DJ GaFFle 12:09 PM - 25 December, 2011
This may be opening a can of worms but MellStarr mentioned on Ustream how Traktor is a lot more responsive as far as scratching response. He also said the effects are far better in Traktor. I'll have to try it for myself to decide. My only gripe with Traktor was the GUI interface. At the time, it seem a little crowded and the waveforms lacked color to me. I guess I'm so use to the Serato waveform.
phatbob 2:08 PM - 25 December, 2011
I don't like the GUI on Traktor, but when you've played with Traktor, a Midi Fighter and the DJTT Instant Gratification mapping, you truly know what powerful effects sound like...
echa1945mf 2:35 PM - 25 December, 2011
traktor do have a lot of fx , but is it powerful? in my opinion (i can say this coz i also use traktor sometimes for smaller gigs like sunset session or home sessions with friends) theyre not that easy to use , i know coz ive mapped it with almost every midi devices i own , ssl fx? now thats a new game ! and loving it , i love how simple it is with the ultra knob and presets like roll out can really change how you mix

im not saying im a serato fanboy,yes traktor is also good, but if you explore ssl more youll know that that software is powerful enough to create another Chernobyl

everyman has the right to choose his weapon , if you like traktor then go use it, but saying that ssl is not powerful enough against it only show how much you haven't really explore that software , im not a scratch DJ,i dont know anything about scratching , but i do focus on different skills like really using dvs of my choice to its full extent 8 Sampledecks on traktor? Serato got 24 !!
WarpNote 3:16 PM - 25 December, 2011
The fact that A-Trak would use Traktor for a large gig is GOOD imo. He obviously has a long history with Serato, in many ways he was some sort of poster boy for SSL. I imagine they (Serato) listen when he speaks. So unless he has made some special endorsement/agreement with NI about not talking to Serato anymore, I really don´t see the big issue. Looking around to know what the other contenders do is a healthy thing...
DJ_Phenom 4:28 PM - 25 December, 2011
Quote:
This may be opening a can of worms but MellStarr mentioned on Ustream how Traktor is a lot more responsive as far as scratching response. He also said the effects are far better in Traktor. I'll have to try it for myself to decide. My only gripe with Traktor was the GUI interface. At the time, it seem a little crowded and the waveforms lacked color to me. I guess I'm so use to the Serato waveform.

I met Klever the other night at the bar I DJ at, he was just chillin before the gig and the owner introduced me. I asked him about Traktor vs Serato and he said even though he is endorsed by them that he feels that the response is better and the effects are amazing. I asked him if the GUI bothered him at all and he said it did at first but that you get over it pretty easy.

Unless there was a traktor rep hidin behind his shoulder I took his opinion as his own and it definitely piqued my interest cuz he is one of the djs that inspired me when i was younger.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:02 PM - 25 December, 2011
Y"all act like cats can't chase a check. If A-Trak ENDORSED a product HE GOT PAID. That's not necessarily saying "It's The Best", unless they can PAY you enough to say it.

If there's no clause in any contract, they are free to use whatever ever they want....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:02 PM - 25 December, 2011
Everyone has a price....
ntmoney 6:54 PM - 25 December, 2011
Can we call him A-Traktor now? Makes sense to me.
DJ Remy USA 7:12 PM - 25 December, 2011
I have tractor and the response for scratching feels a little tighter than serato the fx are dope but not user friendly. Tractor reminds me of DAW with vinyl emulation. Serato is preferred because it's easier to pick up and start DJing. Tractor however has a steep learning curve took me 2 hours to get it set up just to be able to DJ. Library organization on tractor blows and that's my major grip.
kryptonitednb 12:32 AM - 26 December, 2011
It's def tighter. And I don't have the deck stutter I did with Serato. They just upgraded the performance level and changed the time code as well.

Klever is from here in ATL. I know him and know he wouldn't make the change just for the loot. Performance is too important to him.

I said he switched bc of the loot until I talked to him. I'm tellIng you guys. Other than Dub, no one in this thread has spent more on Rane/Serato products than me I SWORE I would never use Traktor (until I actually looked at it).

Why do you think all these new mixers that come out are Traktor certified and not Serato certified?? It makes me sad to say this stuff by the way. The only way I can see someone being hard line Serato is if they're a true old timer and has not interest in anything other than strictly blending and scratching with no effects. I thought I was an old timer with 13 yrs in the game but apparently not.
vynalskillz 1:37 AM - 26 December, 2011
i think dj shiftee tuned him on to switching.
dj_soo 3:29 AM - 26 December, 2011
If I could score a cheap version, I'd love to try it... I've just spent so much time perfecting my workflow with scratchlive, I don't really have the desire to start over again... Especially considering that traktor's biggest weakness (library management) is one of my most essential features...
skinnyguy 3:48 AM - 26 December, 2011
and qbert prefers traktor too.

so now what?

and craze.

and klever.

and some other house djs.

so you gonna get it or what?
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:02 AM - 26 December, 2011
to me the most important thing is also library management.

I never jumped on the Numark table with their 50% pitch or reverse play.
I never jumped on the Samuri digital fader
I never jumped on the CDJ 1000 or 2000 or EFX 1000

to me DJing is all about track selection and programming

I use effects here and there but I'm chasing a 1 button super combo or secret multiplier effects. The only person who impresses me that stuff is Ean Golden and he is a pioneer on using just controllers. Still, his sets are all about "look at these tricks I can do" I know he can rock a club and is a real DJ but mostly he has people ogling his finger drumming and mystified but his button pushing.

I actually bought Traktor Scratch before I bought Scratch Live. I was waiting for contact from NI, waiting for an update, and generally frustrated with the amount of reading and tweaking I had to do before I could just spin some digital files. With my 57, I got it, plugged it in, and DJ'd that night.

I really don't care if Serato is the most popular DJ software, of how many poster boy DJs they have. To this day, they have never payed someone to endorse their software. I identify with their company philosophy and the people that work for them. They have many thousands of users and they still manage to connect with them. I don't see NI programmers on their forums, never met any at a trade show, and they seem to take a blanket approach when responding to emails.

I agree there is a lot you can do with their software but do you need all that to DJ with. They feel the need to pay "big name" DJs to use their software to make it seem like it is the choice of pros. Whether A-Trak took the cheddar or not, I'm still not convinced that it is the best choice for me. + I'm a video DJ, so Traktor isn't even on my radar.

Honestly, when I see people using all these "bells and whistles" in Traktor it bores me. When the turntables are gone, it just seems too contrived. I can't tell what the DJ is doing anymore and they might as well be playing a pre made mix or checking their email because they have their face buried in a laptop.
DJMark 6:03 AM - 26 December, 2011
^^^^ !!!!
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:12 AM - 26 December, 2011
the other thing about Scratch Live that I really appreciate and that NI shits all over... is how easy it is to share with other DJs.

I miss the days when all we had were turntables and multiple DJs could just jump on the decks and throw a track on. We would play 1, 2, or 3 records each and those nights were always the most fun for the DJs and the crowd.

With Serato we all have the same interfaces, software and control records so it makes it easier for multiple DJs to jam with each other on the fly. Hook a couple SL boxes together and let the good times roll. With Traktor, you have all this tweaking you need to do with each set-up and routing issues...nightmare...nothing worse than watching a couple DJs try to trouble shoot a set-up in the middle of a set. Not saying that doesn't happen with Scratch live either, but it is generally universal and easy to connect and play. The 68 and SL4 just opened that door up even wider. I hope the new 2 channel mixer dropping has double USB ports too.
dj shadow from detroit 6:14 AM - 26 December, 2011
the fact is traktor is more responsive when it comes to scratching. unless you are a skilled scratcher you will not tell that much of a difference. i think serato will catch up with the things they need.

the key lock issues is very important (( hint ))
the new 58 will bring alot to the table. looking forward to the next few months
Dj Ace 6:17 AM - 26 December, 2011
+1000 lol auto mixing is killing the art form IMO...new bells and whistles are great don't get me wrong but it's all in the application...also SL effects presets are pretty bad ass IMO! Itch effects kinda suck but Im sure Serato is going to and them at least equal to ssl! In the 2.3.3 video blog Nick is using the vfx 1 as a midi controller (by the was it is plug and play) to control effects that exist in ssl!
willythekidd 6:31 AM - 26 December, 2011
dub cowboy has spoken!

/end of thread
willythekidd 6:33 AM - 26 December, 2011
but seriously...both programs have shown that they equally are capable of getting the job done. saying one is better than the other is pointless...it comes down to personal preference. as dub mentioned...serato (and rane as well) have some of the best customer service i've EVER seen in any industry (and i'm a customer service snob). unless something drastic happens...i am a customer for life.
AIRX ONE 6:53 AM - 26 December, 2011
preach brother dub I'm feeling your sermon .. ill be back next sunday lol ...... +1 on all you've said
djsmuve415 9:08 AM - 26 December, 2011
Quote:
+1000 lol auto mixing is killing the art form IMO

I'm personally tired of video's coming on dancetrippin.tv that has a DJ on there using Traktor & just 2 X1's.. I won't even watch it. [i]Fuckin' Bore!!![i/] yeah I know - u always get some yahoo's defending it saying the crowd can't see the DJ half the time, or the crowd doesn't care how the music is being delivered to them, OR - my personal favorite - beat matching is overrated now & doesn't matter, syncing 4 decks & climbing all over already over-FX'ed laden tracks with MORE FX and creating floating cloud atmospheres is the new trend.. whatever. I just won't be personally watching it. must be some back lash from all that button pushing though - cuz I've seen 2 vid's on there as of recently where they're using Traktor DVS..
oh - & white vinyl also... only thing I'll show Traktor love on.
phatbob 9:22 AM - 26 December, 2011
Back to A-Trak, the interesting bit of those photos to me is that he seems to have no midi controller set up. He's used the Denon for ages, right?

AFAIK there's no drop to cue point in Traktor (not that it currently works in SL) so does that mean he's just gone back to using the keyboard?

Expected to see an X1 there really...
spirez 9:55 AM - 26 December, 2011
Drop to cue works fine for me, when do you have problems?

Regarding A-Trak, I just think it's a shame considering he was one of the first big names to get some weight behind the product. If the product was slipping, he's the sort of guy that should be stepping up and pushing Serato to move it forward.

I love scratch live and at the moment the interface on Traktor is keeping me away but I'm afraid to say the bells and whistles are attractive for me. Nothing wrong with having more options for creativity.

I just hope this pushes the Serato team to take some major action. Even if it's releasing a real stable version with a few extras rather than a complete overhaul.
DJ Fresh Direct 2:57 PM - 26 December, 2011
Quote:
The only reason I care is that A-Trak has been one of Serato's biggest supporters from day -1. That is a major loss for the company that makes the products I use.

Quote:
Regarding A-Trak, I just think it's a shame considering he was one of the first big names to get some weight behind the product. If the product was slipping, he's the sort of guy that should be stepping up and pushing Serato to move it forward.

Yep... This is why I thought I'd mention it to begin with. I have a full Traktor rig sitting on my shelf, but continue to use Serato every night because that works for me. So, I'm wondering what functionality drove him to use Traktor, or if it really is an endorsement for marketing purposes.
Jiggy Flipp L.O.T 3:23 PM - 26 December, 2011
I see Fools Gold Traktor Special Edition Vinyl in the Horizon..........
Its all business end of the day.
djbenphillips 3:37 PM - 26 December, 2011
So THIS is why they sold the rest of the A-Traks picture disks at the Fools Gold Store for $30 a pair.... #firesale #jumpingship
DJ Remy USA 4:40 PM - 26 December, 2011
Maybe the Atrak dude just wanted a change, you guys failed to mention that DJ Shortee and Faust still use SSL and they had a killer video showing off the fx and how powerful SSL really is. So maybe he jumped ship because of his peers they can influence you. There is no doubt in my mind that we will being serato move foward with advanced fx and make the software a button pushers dream but to be honest I think that's the main focus of itch and eventually I think itch is actually supposed to be tractors competitor and not SSL
DJ Remy USA 4:42 PM - 26 December, 2011
Wow I should have read that before posting
skratchworx 4:58 PM - 26 December, 2011
I couldn't give a crap what any VIP is using. A-Trak using Traktor doesn't it make it better, not will him using it make you better. Nor does it make SSL any less good either.

It's important to use what works for you.
Free Man 6:27 PM - 26 December, 2011
Serato needs to get Tiesto to sigh up and use SSL... wow that would be so cool...

(that uses up my sarcasm for the rest of 2011)

n/m n/h
Free Man 6:27 PM - 26 December, 2011
sigh=sign... damn it
Dj Ace 6:38 PM - 26 December, 2011
Quote:
I couldn't give a crap what any VIP is using. A-Trak using Traktor doesn't it make it better, not will him using it make you better. Nor does it make SSL any less good either.

Exactly..

Also if don't ask has more bells and whistles ...the bridge, video sl...samPle decks play full tracks etc
Dj Ace 6:39 PM - 26 December, 2011
Damn iPhone
I meant serato has bells and whistles that traitor don't has well
Mr. Goodkat 8:10 PM - 26 December, 2011
WarpNote 2:25 PM - 27 December, 2011
Quote:
AFAIK there's no drop to cue point in Traktor (not that it currently works in SL) so does that mean he's just gone back to using the keyboard?

Expected to see an X1 there really...

He could be using midi from the DJM800?
Joshua Carl 3:55 PM - 27 December, 2011
Didnt Jazzy Jeff jump ship for a few weeks this summer too... and come back?

I mean, as a "Professional" its kinda your job to take it all in and see what works
best for you.
and if you are closed minded (like me and CDJs) you might be missing something.

or, you give it a shot... learn it... and say, "Yeah, thats cool and all but its not for me"
now at least you can give advice as a professional in your craft and actually have some personal experience to back it up... not just blind faith or allegiance.

I tried it out... and like most said its a bit much at first.
but you gotta rememeber we are entering the times of "no ex vinyl spinners"
no one coming over from straight vinyl or CDJS...
This is a tech saavy/computer saavy generation coming up and leaning the inner
workings of software is a elective 1+ credit course to them.

but the sole reason I learned it was to be versed in another software "in case shit"
you never know... you show up and for what ever reason you need to play on it.
just to understand it, so your not standing these with your arms folded errr....I only know _________ software....
besides.... its not like you have to mix when you use it
(Baaaaaaaaa-ziiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!)

but seriously, if you want to take that step from Hobbyist to professional it becomes
your JOB to learn and be proficient in all aspects of the game... and sometimes that means stepping out of your comfort zone and learning new/different things.
Audio1 4:59 PM - 27 December, 2011
Quote:

skratchworx pretty much covered this entire topic with one comment.

Serato, Traktor, Whatever, as long as you rock the party. I recently saw a DJ kill it on CD's and Front-Loading Denons with those late 90's jog wheels.
DJ Remy USA 6:08 PM - 27 December, 2011
lol at front loading CDs them things are ancient never used em
Audio1 6:45 PM - 27 December, 2011
Quote:
Yup. Dude rocked a club like that, playing only music before 2000 too. LOL
iNBiTuiN 7:08 PM - 27 December, 2011
Makes sense for A-Trak to use Traktor now since his mixer of choice is the Pioneer DJM-800 and now the Traktor-ready DJM-900. With his style of music and the way he performs, I can see him rocking all the "bells and whistles" very well.They'll probably send him the limited edition white Maschine too like they did for Craze, Q, Shiftee, Ean Golden and other artists on the roster.
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:38 PM - 27 December, 2011
the chrome machine looks dope

www.facebook.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:04 PM - 27 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Well, if you have a crowd that appreciates Pre - 2000 music, you're already off to a GREAT night.
DJ GaFFle 8:29 PM - 27 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, if you have a crowd that appreciates Pre - 2000 music, you're already off to a GREAT night.

+1^nth power

I love when I've got an oldschool appreciating crowd... I can't believe I'm calling pre-2000 music "old school".
Audio1 9:43 PM - 27 December, 2011
sad but true statement
the_black_one 10:01 PM - 27 December, 2011
shit...... 2005 is OLD SCHOOL to some of the 21, 22 year olds!!!
Joshua Carl 10:04 PM - 27 December, 2011
you got any of that old skool drake son?
the_black_one 10:12 PM - 27 December, 2011
HAHAHAHAHA....... they speak of BIGGIE like he been around the time of Jesus!
djaction 10:18 PM - 27 December, 2011
Maskrider 10:32 PM - 27 December, 2011
Quote:

lol.....WTF?
Joshua Carl 10:37 PM - 27 December, 2011
you dont know?

Biggie totally bit Moses like a week after he dropped this gem:

"It was all a dream...I just parted red sea"
serkan 12:36 AM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:

They just (...) changed the time code as well.

Yeah. To get rid off the license fee to N2IT.
And for years they were bitching on Serato for not paying that license... fail

I have SL, ITCH & TSP2 (with the oh-so-great MK2 time code) and I still prefer Serato products. What does it have to mean? Nothing. It's just what > I < prefer.
Dj Ace 3:24 AM - 28 December, 2011
I own the Traktor audio 8 interface and put it through paces. Its not bad but it is a bit lacking, no video sl, short sample length in sample player, and no bridge but its are pretty nice but takes to much configuring to get the effect to sound nice. Also could careless about auto sync, SSL and my Rane 68/57 rules.
Maskrider 7:18 AM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:

lol.....WTF?
Mr. Goodkat 10:13 AM - 28 December, 2011
a. it sounds better b. the timecode is tighter, those are reasons enough to switch for a no name local dj to switch.
skratchworx 12:16 PM - 28 December, 2011
I made the same comment about NI timecode being tighter and better, but I think it's become an urban myth. This used to be the case, but a skratchworx reader pulled me on it, and after some testing and tweaking, I couldn't tell the difference - not even with slow drags.

The future for NI's timecode is brighter though, with new features coming along that will be enabled by their new timecode.
DJ Remy USA 1:48 PM - 28 December, 2011
skratchworx you say the timecode is not tighter? Last time I was on traktor thats the first thing I noticed this was last summer. Not trying to thread jack but what system did you test it on?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:16 PM - 28 December, 2011
I noticed it just last week, the timecode is tighter especially when doing slow drags.......If Traktor did video I'd be out.........
radikarl 2:25 PM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:
the timecode is tighter especially when doing slow drags

one word:

threshold
skratchworx 2:41 PM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
the timecode is tighter especially when doing slow drags

one word:

threshold

THIS.

Check the full thread here: www.skratchworx.com

I learned a lot and smashed a long held misconception.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:20 PM - 28 December, 2011
That's the article that made me go out and buy Traktor so I could see for myself, lmao!! I'll set it all up tonight and try again.....
DJ Remy USA 3:44 PM - 28 December, 2011
Correct me if I am wrong but threshold equals vinyl sensitivity. Set the sensitivity to high in bass heavy spot and you get shitty tracking. Set it to low and you loose that tightness when cutting. Yes I am aware of calibrating
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:49 PM - 28 December, 2011
That's exactly the problem, I never could find that sweet spot...... I'm gonna set up in the lab tonight and give another go.
JD 5:24 PM - 28 December, 2011
Im hearing the new updates coming to Traktor timecode with cue points are gonna be dope....
Free Man 5:30 PM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:
SSL is dope....

Fixed
radikarl 5:40 PM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:
Im hearing the new updates coming to Traktor timecode with cue points are gonna be dope....

what is that about? timecode with cue points?
like the "drop to cue" option in SSL?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:48 PM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

what is that about? timecode with cue points?
like the "drop to cue" option in SSL?

Or even in VDJ, lol!!
As-One 8:33 PM - 28 December, 2011
Quote:
Makes sense for A-Trak to use Traktor now since his mixer of choice is the Pioneer DJM-800 and now the Traktor-ready DJM-900. With his style of music and the way he performs, I can see him rocking all the "bells and whistles" very well.They'll probably send him the limited edition white Maschine too like they did for Craze, Q, Shiftee, Ean Golden and other artists on the roster.

Word about the DJM-900. So yea, I went and caught Trizzy here in DC (FUR) a month or so back with Enferno and Amen Ra. Shiftee was with him, which caught me off guard to say the least but he said he was there incase something had gone wrong during his set while using TSP2 for the first time out. We were like, DAMN! hahaha

So Trizzy rocked the gig with NO headphones (soft sync) (brought them out only for transition tracks). He did his Robot Rock juggle (which everyone should have seen by now) but utilized the Traktor FX which put a nice twist on it. Needless to say, all was well and he killed it. He actually was at the DO OVER in LA that same week but my sources tell me he was using SSL.

Funny thing for me was, I had been using TSP2 in house for about a month prior to the A-track show and have been talking with all my buddies about it and catching flack for it.. All I can say is that i'm definitely NOT MAD at TSP2!

Not the most User friendly 'at first' but then again i'm no stranger to DJ software so I got used to it pretty quick. I love the customizability of it and the fact that you can run 2 decks while 'offline' if you will. As a scratch DJ (first!), I DO THINK the timecode is tighter and performs better at SLOWER speeds. Just listen to the timecode itself and you can tell...

I used the Serato - Traktor Library Convertor in the beginning then realized I just wanted to start a fresh library within TSP but then just started to drag groups of tracks directly from my SSL window over to my Traktor Playlist and VOILA!

Have I converted!? Like Chris Rock said, "No, not really!". Do I use both? Absofrickinlutely. Currently Traktor is for home use only for now. I've been working on my 2012 DMC stuff all on TSP2 so far ;) As a mobile DJ, NOTHING beats a TTM-57 running SSL and it's as simple as that.. I don't have to tell you guys that!

The point here is, is that I use what works best for me depending on what I'm doing (Battle Routines, Mixing, Instructing, mix projects, mobile, club, bar, etc.) and where i'm playing at. For instance, I do a gig where I need to use ITCH with my VCI-300 because it's the only thing that will fit in the booth but I love it cuz ITCH 2.0 rules.

Explore your options folks...
serkan 3:57 PM - 31 December, 2011
You DJ so bad when someone asked you for scratching you scratched your balls :)
serkan 3:57 PM - 31 December, 2011
Wrong thread... damn!
serkan 3:59 PM - 31 December, 2011
I acutally DJ so bad it's worst than my skills on writing in the right thread :D
sacrilicious 6:57 PM - 31 December, 2011
He was on Traktor last night according to my buddy that was on stage, for what it's worth.
djchriscruz 12:50 AM - 1 January, 2012
Quote:
The only reason I care is that A-Trak has been one of Serato's biggest supporters from day -1. That is a major loss for the company that makes the products I use. Almost a dis since he just released a Serato pressing.

+1 !! It's a huge blow to Serato because he's arguably the most popular DJ out and their premier endorser. His credibility in the DJ world really proves Serato's credibility. Now he's using Traktor it makes us really think, maybe Traktor is really better??
Mr. Goodkat 3:42 AM - 1 January, 2012
"maybe they gave him a lot of money to use it?' would be the proper question to ask.
DCD 5:36 AM - 1 January, 2012
Quote:
Can we call him A-Traktor now? Makes sense to me.

RT
DjWoody 5:59 AM - 1 January, 2012
Quote:
Now he's using Traktor it makes us really think, maybe Traktor is really better??

Oh wow!!!! :/
skratchworx 11:24 AM - 1 January, 2012
This just in - it seems that there's a whole world of superstar DJs considerably more popular than A-trak or Jazzy Jeff who use neither Traktor or Serato or even DVSs. Does this mean that DVS systems are holding you back?

Get a grip people. A-Trak switching to Traktor will make no difference whatsoever.
phatbob 11:44 AM - 1 January, 2012
Oh, come on Gizmo...

Don't try and tell us 'celebrity' endorsements don't sell products in the DJ world.

If they didn't, Pioneer wouldn't throw money at people like Roger Sanchez and James Zabeila. NI wouldn't have videos with Grandmaster Flash talking about how much he loves Traktor.

It's all nonsense, of course, but don't knock it's effectiveness. Would we have CDJs in every club in Europe if big name DJs hadn't adopted them wholesale in 2002? Would laptops even be acceptable in booths if Hawtin hadn't been on NI vids selling us Traktor?

DJs, especially young beginners, want to emulate their idols, and part of that is the gear choices they make.
BattleFunk 11:54 AM - 1 January, 2012
A-Trak doesn't play Hip Hop anymore so why is anyone bothered?

Traktor is for EDM DJs right?

Oh, wait...
DJ Remy USA 2:20 PM - 1 January, 2012
You know big names do nothing for me, especially Atrak dude is dope but I don't care what platform he rocks

So anyways thanks serato I love your software people want everything they get it and barely use all the tools provided.

Please stop letting famous/celebs influence you in life, if you do your a trend chaser and you have no sense of being an individual.

Before I get flamed, I'm not saying that you can't draw off someone expertise in order formulate your own opinions, but Atrak switching is hardly a blow to serato/rane. These guys are still cashing plenty checks ain't that right Chad?
phatbob 3:01 PM - 1 January, 2012
Unfortunately big name endorsements is actually the name of the game when it comes to recruiting new users of a platform.

And NI do it a whole lot better than Serato.

Don't try and tell me that Craze video didn't do a LOT to legitamise Traktor in the turntablism world.
lofty 3:06 PM - 1 January, 2012
Why does it matter what software someone else is using?
As others said - it's your preference, Traktor and SSL have their strengths and weaknesses.
I have both - I prefer SSL - but am liking Traktor as well - It's just good as a professional DJ to have an idea of how other programs work and be able to use them. I also learned how to use ableton to DJ ------ which saved my ass on one gig.

I was using a VCI 300 and while on break I was playing with some midi routing software to map the VCI platters to SSL - but when I was to play again - my VCI controller would NOT work with ITCH!! - So I ended up opening Ableton - routing main audio through VCI and was able to map my trigger finger quickly and played a 2 hour set in ableton.

Use what you PREFER and don't bother worrying that someone else is using ......
BattleFunk 3:09 PM - 1 January, 2012
So now A-Trak has resigned as unofficial poster boy, it's down to Jazzy Jeff to hold the fort. Oh wait, hasnt he been sniffing around the DJM-T1?

I didn't realize Unkut dropped a new N.I video

www.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:12 PM - 1 January, 2012
As far as celebrity DJ endorsements, I stood behind my Realistic for YEARS. I then say Jazzy Jeff used Serato, BUT based on the vid, it slowed him down like crazy. That had to be in the Absolute Only days I guess, or he was just learning the product.

Anyway, more Jazzy Jeff vids showed up of him using Relative Mode, and THAT'S what made me switch. My frame of mind was, "If it's good enough for Jazzy, then it's good enough for me."
DjWoody 9:31 PM - 1 January, 2012
Quote:
I didn't realize Unkut dropped a new N.I video

www.youtube.com

I see he's using the new Vestax O5Pro. I'm gonna run to GC and get one.
serkan 10:53 PM - 1 January, 2012
Quote:

Why does it matter what software someone else is using?

Well it does.
A-Trak using Traktor
= more beginners buy TS instead of SL
= less money for Serato
= less resources for development.

On the other side NI has a much wider product range
+ want money for every major update (in every single product category)
= earning more money for advertisement
= having more money to write big checks to celebrities
Quote:

I see he's using the new Vestax O5Pro. I'm gonna run to GC and get one.

Good for you ;)
Dj Ace 11:22 PM - 1 January, 2012
Wider product range?
dj_soo 11:26 PM - 1 January, 2012
They also make some very popular vsts for production...
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:01 AM - 2 January, 2012
Quote:
They also make some very popular vsts for production...

Which are very good........
iNBiTuiN 2:06 AM - 2 January, 2012
If only Traktor had listened to some of our suggestions...

Make the software free and lock the features with the hardware. (Serato wins)
Parallel waveforms or whatever custom setup you wish to use. (Serato wins)

Library integration is weird especially if you're using an external drive. (Serato wins)
BPM detection still sucks so Sync is finicky. (Serato wins)
FX are wonderful. (Traktor wins)
Loops are OK. (Serato wins)
Timecode is superb. (Traktor wins)

They would've gained plenty of users (even just checking it out). The main difference with Serato's campaign, IMO, is having the software available for free (well, we all can obtain Traktor illegally). Even before investing in "box", any new user can just download it, build playlist, organize crates, go to a friend's house, borrow a box or even a gig to use it already.

So for now, Traktor is stuck in the studio. Serato has it's own flaws but simplicity and stability is still king.
MPC O.G. 2:19 AM - 2 January, 2012
Cut this bullshit out. Who gives a flying fuck what such & such uses? If you got skills, you got skills. Period. It's GREAT to now how to use all the tools available to you as a dj, but 1 DVS or the other does NOT make you a better dj than the next man. A lot of you cats would shit on yourself if your laptop crashed at a house party and you had to go old school with vinyl/cd's and just a mixer. And as far as software goes, if Stanton pairs up their Linux OS from the SCS4 and the timecode liscence that TRAKTOR just dropped, EVERY DVS would be OBSOLETE. Yeah, I said it. Stop bitching and start spinning. Rant over. Deuces!
DJ Remy USA 2:43 AM - 2 January, 2012
That's how I feel^^^^ whatever will I do Atrack uses tractor now I can no longer DJ effectively because some how serato has become inept at being a DVS. What was I thinking DJ Craze uses traktor that explains why he is so dope. There is no way he could be that good it must be traktor....lol
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:05 AM - 2 January, 2012
serato are going downhill anyhow,
buggy releases, ignoring feature requests,
its funny a company which has the best time stretching software cannot get the key lock perfect on serato, the bridge this and that yet i cant say i know anyone that uses it, vsl went to shit when the guy that made it left and made his own better version mix emergency,
developing twitch with novation and no one realising hey the volume is way too low, but you thought everyone would overlook that issue

serato hit a home run with serato at the start but have gotten fat and lazy since then and it may be time to retire or reinvent the company,
the marketing is a joke i've never seen serato advertised anywhere, they isolate the celebs by giving them vip treatment aka white vinyl (something i commend native instruments for not doing)
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:20 AM - 2 January, 2012
^^ Truth ^^
Dj Ace 4:03 AM - 2 January, 2012
all B.S. IMO...Serato is the only DVS that does video mixing right, key lock algorithm in ALL DVS'S suck, and I use the bridge to do live remixes weekly. so yeah BS! i also never switched to mix emergency and every week some DJ walks and say i did not know video sl could do that...
feature request are just that, REQUEST! anybody can come up with a good idea but implementing it is a whole different ball game. Just coz another software company spends time and resources marketing with celebrity DJs and tweaking effects engines..and another adds video, and ableton integration, just means that you have more choices as a consumer!

SSL 2.3 is sick and I don't see ANY other software with the amount of option and plugins available for me! SP6, the bridge, playlist, killer effects presets, whitelabel.net, video SL AND mix emergency, effective library management, and so on. People complaining reminds me of son, always worried about what the next kid has to play with and not what he has!
DjWoody 4:10 AM - 2 January, 2012
Quote:
Serato is the only DVS that does video mixing right

Nope. Virtual DJ does too. The other DJ at my club uses it and it works flawless on his PC.
canicypher 6:44 AM - 2 January, 2012
anybody know where to catch a video of that opening MSG set?! I saw the SHM concert but would have much rather seen A-Trak's set....regardless of the dvs he's rocking
Mr. Goodkat 6:49 AM - 2 January, 2012
Quote:

So for now, Traktor is stuck in the studio. Serato has it's own flaws but simplicity and stability is still king.

this
MPC O.G. 7:04 AM - 2 January, 2012
Remember, EKS will be releasing "The One" very soon. It has all the features and functions of ALL the DVS systems before it and alot of shit owners of other DVS systems asked for. We will see in a few weeks. My money is on them causing a HUGE ruckus at NAMM. If they get your favorite dj to endorse it will you drop SSL or Traktor or VDJ? Just asking y'all to be truthful and realistic with YOURSELF. If you would abandon all the gear you took years to build up because somebody else cashed a check.......YOU'RE JUST A DICK RIDER AND WE DON'T NEED YOU AROUND THESE PARTS (unless you're a hot chick with great head skills, YOU can stay)!
djchriscruz 3:05 PM - 2 January, 2012
These days what DVS and equipment a big name TURNTABLIST uses does matter. Turntablism is quickly evolving from just scratching and beat juggling and the DVS allows turntablists to expand their creativity and technical skills. With highly respected turntablists like A trak, Craze, Shiftee, Rafik, Dynamix, and Unkut using Traktor it proves the creative possibilities are greater on Traktor.

If you're just a normal mix DJ that simply transitions song 1 to song 2 then Traktor or who uses it doesn't matter.
DJ Remy USA 3:16 PM - 2 January, 2012
Watchwww.youtube.com

so you cant be creative on SSL, lets not forget that these guys are ripping shit up on the new tech
DJ Remy USA 3:23 PM - 2 January, 2012
Watchwww.youtube.com

another great vid on traktor

all in all the creativity seems to go to the guy that has the most buttons to mash. The X1 seems to be universally dope.

All in all looks like traktor is geard toward mutilating your music completely. While the pros make it look easy do we really want every new jack rocking this stuff out live and doing weird shit all night that have no business doing?
DjWoody 3:31 PM - 2 January, 2012
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

so you cant be creative on SSL, lets not forget that these guys are ripping shit up on the new tech

When I saw the video, I was like "Wow! Serato put out a nice video." Than I saw that it was uploaded by NI. lol
DJ Remy USA 3:52 PM - 2 January, 2012
Serato have never really been into over commercialization of there products. I think thats what there focus is with itch and DJ intro
DCD 8:13 PM - 2 January, 2012
I don't think anyone actually cares that A-Trak switched to Traktor. It's just interesting and something to go, "Oh. That's weird." It's like when Justin Bieber was accused of being the baby daddy. No one really cares, but it was funny to talk about with your friends.
radikarl 8:40 PM - 2 January, 2012
Quote:
It's like when Justin Bieber was accused of being the baby daddy

haha
djsmuve415 8:59 PM - 2 January, 2012
Quote:
If you're just a normal mix DJ that simply transitions song 1 to song 2 then Traktor or who uses it doesn't matter.

^This.....
In my opinion this is un-winnable debate - if it is one to be won. I see both sides of this issue.. Do I think that A-Trak using it now, or that some of those NI Traktor videos on youtube will influence some new kids or maybe intermediate skilled DJ's who see it to try Traktor first? Absolutely!
Is it smart marketing & advertising thats been done years upon years? Absolutely!
Will it effect a lot of O.G. DJ's who have been with Serato for quite some time & are comfortable with the software, and it gets the job done? Not so much IMO..
I'm one of those club DJ's who is extremely clean & uses the HP filter on the 57 or an auto-loop as an echo effect from time to time when transitioning - THATS IT! I know for a fact my crowd (and most weekend mainstream club crowds from experience) don't want me climbing all over Rihanna with multi chain FX's like Gate Masher & some of that other stuff.
With that said I have nothing but respect for people like Unkut & Ean Golden - they are like artist's armed with new tools - taking it to another level. I mean u wouldn't have wanted to have Jackson Pollock paint u 10 pictures - then only supply him with one color & say 'go at it'! so more power to them.. I'll just keep my simple transitioning with Serato that makes people happy and not look like I'm playing Galaga.. I'm cool with it.
AIRX ONE 9:19 PM - 2 January, 2012
i just put this link up on A Tracks Facebook ... lets see if he has something to say ..
Dj Ace 5:34 AM - 3 January, 2012
I think all this just goes to show you that traktor is good at filming high end mix videos..coz Serato looked just as dope as Traktor in the videos (since Traktor paid for the production) LOL

it the person/turntablist in the video that is putting on the show....not the software! You want to mix like the videos....well practice!
ral 5:56 AM - 3 January, 2012
we still have vajra, dj revolution, enferno, z-trip, beat junkie, x-ecutioners, etc in serato's artist .....
MPC O.G. 6:10 AM - 3 January, 2012
WE? ^^^ Quit playing.
ral 6:18 AM - 3 January, 2012
jazzy jay --> Watchwww.youtube.com
Rebelguy 6:17 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
And as far as software goes, if Stanton pairs up their Linux OS from the SCS4 and the timecode liscence that TRAKTOR just dropped, EVERY DVS would be OBSOLETE.

Uh no.
Rebelguy 6:42 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:

Are you saying for you personally traktor is stuck in the studio because overall their worldwide marketshare is equal or greater than Scratchlive's.

Traktor has come along way and is pretty much stable nowadays. If anything I would say Scratchlive is the least stable of the two over the past few releases. I have not tried 2.3.1 yet but you will still find a huge group of DJs still on 1.9.2 because of stability issues. I personally had the previous last release corrupt a few hundred of my video files as well as screwing up my tags.
djchriscruz 8:10 PM - 3 January, 2012
Serato and The Bridge seemed to be the answer to Traktors live remixing capabilities but Serato has done nothing to support The Bridge or nurture it for widespread use. It just seems like Serato made The Bridge with the attitude "here you Ableton geeks figure it out for yourselves." I would have expected to see Enferno rocking out with The Bridge by now
HYDRO MATIC 8:11 PM - 3 January, 2012
You gotta look at it different when guys get endorsements...plain and simple.

Ive been in private sessions with serval named people from this list...

In studios that have each set up...and guys grab what they want...Ive seen SSL grabbed more often than not but for certain things TRAKTOR was the go to for whatever reason.

These guys get paid to play and be trendsetters...not to use "the best". Back when CRAZE took the stanon Line for an endorsement you think he was practicing club sets on a Technincs or Stanton? NO
Think they were practising battle sets on a VESTAX? Even though it was the mixer of choice for most battlers around the world? NO

The point is every knife a has a time, place and exact use. Just cuase a clever is good to chop dosent mean a pairing knife isnt good to slice.
Audio1 8:13 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:

In studios that have each set up...and guys grab what they want...Ive seen SSL grabbed more often than not but for certain things TRAKTOR was the go to for whatever reason.

These guys get paid to play and be trendsetters...not to use "the best". Back when CRAZE took the stanon Line for an endorsement you think he was practicing club sets on a Technincs or Stanton? NO
Think they were practising battle sets on a VESTAX? Even though it was the mixer of choice for most battlers around the world? NO

The point is every knife a has a time, place and exact use. Just cuase a clever is good to chop dosent mean a pairing knife isnt good to slice.
Exactly. I dont think CRAZE was too amused with STANTON's shitty carts or mixers at the time but the endorsement was a paycheck big enough to co-sign something. Happens a lot these days.
HYDRO MATIC 8:18 PM - 3 January, 2012
Personally I love SSL's stability and simplicity... I never adopt new realses during the first month...but this is true for ANYTHING in life software, cars, etc.

I always said that TRAKTOR was better at slow scratches that SSL and for awhile that kept me away.

But what I need when playing 3-4 nights a week in various places is:
Stability
File Management
Easy Searching
and LABELS

For me SSL does that perfectly...if I want to something flashy that cathces your eye on video...yes TRAKTOR will probably be quicker in implementing that through effects and so fourth...but I dont get paid to make routines...I get paid to play music and create moods at a ceratin level of consistnecy...and for me SSL (currently) fits that role.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:39 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
vsl went to shit when the guy that made it left and made his own better version mix emergency

Just to give credit where credit is due, it was Nathan H who made Video-SL. Nick F (who makes ME), left Serato in 2005 - long before we started work on Video-SL.
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:49 PM - 3 January, 2012
i'm curious to why you allow mix emergency to work with ssl when its a direct competitor to your own vsl and taking money out of serato's pocket? can you not prevent it from working with the software?
phatbob 10:07 PM - 3 January, 2012
Sparky, I think that is one of the questions in life which is best left unanswered.

Serato have done all us video DJs a massive favour by allowing ME to exist, whatever their reasons, so let's just be grateful. ;o)
DJ Fresh Direct 11:25 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
I don't think anyone actually cares that A-Trak switched to Traktor. It's just interesting and something to go, "Oh. That's weird." It's like when Justin Bieber was accused of being the baby daddy. No one really cares, but it was funny to talk about with your friends.

YEP
iNBiTuiN 11:31 PM - 3 January, 2012
It's confirmed. A-Trak is definitely with Traktor because of sound quality. He's playing bigger and better stages so it just makes sense for him. They even got him personal tech support with Shiftee and other Traktor guys tagging along for gigs just in case anything happens.
BattleFunk 11:32 PM - 3 January, 2012
Really? He needs a tech support team? Is he a Mac user or something?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:34 PM - 3 January, 2012
Quote:
Really? He needs a tech support team? Is he a Mac user or something?

LMAO!
iNBiTuiN 11:37 PM - 3 January, 2012
I guess having Traktor crash on you on a major gig, in front of a big crowd won't be a good look... playing it safe.
Joshua Carl 11:37 PM - 3 January, 2012
just curious... not discrediting... but comfirmed how?
did he tweet it press release?

Im just curious what he said.
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:58 PM - 3 January, 2012
if he switched because of sound quality that would be even more of a blow to rane/serato then loosing him to a new sponser and would make others look at it in a new light aswell,

here is a tip serato/rane release a teaser pic of the new mixer in the dark with just the buttons lighting up if you even have one up your sleve and take the focus off this potentally damaging news
Free Man 1:14 AM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
if he switched because of sound quality that would be even more of a blow to rane/serato then loosing him to a new sponser and would make others look at it in a new light aswell,

here is a tip serato/rane release a teaser pic of the new mixer in the dark with just the buttons lighting up if you even have one up your sleve and take the focus off this potentally damaging news

Or of a silhouette of the mixer with cool lights as the background... news of something coming will really distract.
djchriscruz 2:18 AM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
vsl went to shit when the guy that made it left and made his own better version mix emergency

Just to give credit where credit is due, it was Nathan H who made Video-SL. Nick F (who makes ME), left Serato in 2005 - long before we started work on Video-SL.

I was curious to see when Serato staff would chime in. I bet Serato reps called Atrak like "yo WTF? we just made you Fools Gold pressings and you use Traktor!??"
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:02 AM - 4 January, 2012
buisness is buisness, no time for fanboyism when you play in the big leagues and get paid big bucks to rock a certain product
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:14 AM - 4 January, 2012
A-Trak is still going to have sound quality issues because he is using that Pioneer....

yep, I went there.
Dj Ace 4:58 AM - 4 January, 2012
Hahaha...you are right dub if sound quality is so important he should be using a rane
dj shadow from detroit 6:52 AM - 4 January, 2012
lol on the pioneer comment which is true , the pioneer is louder and cleaner.
skratchworx 8:34 AM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:

I can tell you stories of signature products where the endorser didn't like or even ever see said product.

VIPs switching between Scratch Live and Traktor doesn't mean very much as they're so similar and in a 2 horse race. If however Atrak publicly got behind Cross or Torq, then you'd have something to talk and think about.
nik39 8:38 AM - 4 January, 2012
What about mixvibes?

;-)
radikarl 10:28 AM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
What about mixvibes?

Quote:
publicly got behind Cross or Torq

;-)
nik39 11:41 AM - 4 January, 2012
Touché. radikarl is the nik39 of 2005 ;)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:39 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Or of a silhouette of the mixer with cool lights as the background... news of something coming will really distract.

See? This is the PROBLEM. Why start a Wag the Dog campaign? Don't do distractions, build a competitive product. Period.

Not saying Serato hasn't got a quality product now, but the SUGGESTION of just putting something out there in a smoke and mirrors fashion is WHACK to say the least.
WarpNote 1:00 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
Touché. radikarl is the nik39 of 2005 ;)

LOL!
BERTO 2:28 PM - 4 January, 2012
Lol traktor is so good we send you tech support forwhen it crashes!
serkan 2:39 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:

Are you saying for you personally traktor is stuck in the studio because overall their worldwide marketshare is equal or greater than Scratchlive's.

Says who?
As long as I don't see any numbers I won't say something about market share.
People say Traktor is much used in Europe.
I live in Europe and let's count the number of DJs I've seen live using...
...Traktor Scratch: 1
...Scratch Live: 20+
Joee 3:09 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
A-Trak is still going to have sound quality issues because he is using that Pioneer....

yep, I went there.

O for the WIN! rane/serato should pay you to indorse there product, lord know you have any & everything rane/serato
djsmuve415 5:28 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:

You must be on small island or something... Why don't u go watch several videos on dancetrippin.tv (which are all shot shot overseas), and maybe you'll change that ill informed statement.
Rebelguy 5:41 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

You must be on small island or something... Why don't u go watch several videos on dancetrippin.tv (which are all shot shot overseas), and maybe you'll change that ill informed statement.

As I was saying...
Free Man 6:05 PM - 4 January, 2012
So, this guy saw my screen once, he said "ghireoahgaio"

I said what?

he said ghireoahgaio"

I said its too loud speak clearly and in english.

He said "wow, I use Virtual DJ too... "

I was like ummmmmm... this isnt whatever you said you use...
Konix 6:50 PM - 4 January, 2012
Here's the "official" video...Watchwww.youtube.com
phatbob 6:59 PM - 4 January, 2012
Looks like he has got an X1 on the side there. Couldn't see that in the original photos.
phatbob 7:05 PM - 4 January, 2012
Ok, here's another one for you all...

Plenty of global stars using Traktor in a 'controller-only' set-up, with X1s, or an S4.

Pete Tong, Dubfire, Chris Liebing, Hawtin etc. Mostly techno jocks, granted.

But has anyone EVER seen a global star using Itch?
Rebelguy 7:17 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:

Plenty of global stars using Traktor in a 'controller-only' set-up, with X1s, or an S4.

No but I think one reason behind this is that the controllers you mentioned and Traktor are all able to be customized to the DJ/artists particular style or needs. Itch is a closed "what you see is what you get system."
djchriscruz 7:18 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
Exactly. I dont think CRAZE was too amused with STANTON's shitty carts or mixers at the time but the endorsement was a paycheck big enough to co-sign something. Happens a lot these days.

I was a sucker for that Stanton Craze endorsement. I bought the SK2F Mixer because it had the same features as the $700 Vestax 07 at half the price. Plus the Focus fader was the most amazing cross fader I've ever seen at the time. The features were cool but the build was cheap. I broke 4 crossfaders on it before they sent me one that held up. I also got the Craze cartridges which were complete shit and just repackaged Stanton 500's.
iNBiTuiN 7:23 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:

Don't think it's a secret. I was on AIM tried to confirm with someone from Traktor.
DCD 7:47 PM - 4 January, 2012
I'm still not getting how it's confirmed he switched to Traktor.

Quote:
I bought the SK2F Mixer because it had the same features as the $700 Vestax 07 at half the price. Plus the Focus fader was the most amazing cross fader I've ever seen at the time. The features were cool but the build was cheap.

That mixer was the shit. I used to use it with a guy I used to DJ with and I loved the crossfader. I just hated how the power supply was connected because over time it would become loose and you can see where this story goes.
MPC O.G. 8:01 PM - 4 January, 2012
Who cares what he uses? I use TSP, getting SSL this week. Do I care who use what? Hell no. IT'S CALLED A "LIFE", GET ONE.
nik39 8:06 PM - 4 January, 2012
youtu.be

Skip forward to second 11...
nik39 8:07 PM - 4 January, 2012
Meh, sorry, same video as Konix posted earlier. My bad.
haze324 8:15 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:

I used to post this all the time in the Itch forum and no one would listen. A contoller "set-up" can be a very professional set up when it's a DB:4 and two X1's. However, the Itch answer is a Xone DX. No where near the same league. Untill something like that is made, Itch will be for home use or mobile DJ's.

It matters immensly what he uses because it associates a product with success and it provides validity to it. We're not talking about ONE guy using Traktor. We're talking about a MANY guys using Traktor and guys switching from one to another. After a while the momentum will shift. It happens in many industries, and it doesn't just happen over night. It happens over time and I'd say Traktor continues to make the more aggressive moves.
phatbob 8:35 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
I'd say Traktor continues to make the more aggressive moves.

That's the main point. Everyone here is an experienced DJ who has made an informed decision to use the Serato platform.

A wannabe DJ is in a very different position.

There is a good reason why companies throw millions of dollars at sportsmen to get endorsements.
haze324 8:46 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:

There is a good reason why companies throw millions of dollars at sportsmen to get endorsements.

Exactly. I was going to mention this, particularly with basketball shoes. After the Air Jordans Nike's became the go to shoes and it hasn't mattered who Adidas or Converse has signed or what shoe they have developed. If you are a star you wear Nikes. If you are an up and coming basketball player and want to be a star, you wear what the stars wear -- Nikes. Thats just the way it is.
sacrilicious 8:57 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly. I was going to mention this, particularly with basketball shoes. After the Air Jordans Nike's became the go to shoes and it hasn't mattered who Adidas or Converse has signed or what shoe they have developed. If you are a star you wear Nikes. If you are an up and coming basketball player and want to be a star, you wear what the stars wear -- Nikes. Thats just the way it is.

Even casual players with no misgivings about the future wear Nikes--they have 90%+ market share in basketball shoes heh.
Free Man 9:08 PM - 4 January, 2012
The image is so large that people dont just buy them for basketball... they buy them for fashion. I totally see people buying a DJ software as a trend that is set by who they see use it. It isnt completely about what the guitar center rep says to buy...
Joshua Carl 9:16 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Don't think it's a secret. I was on AIM tried to confirm with someone from Traktor.

Sorry, I meant confirmed that "he said he switched because of sound quality"

LOL @ pioneer commnent.
Ive Been preaching that gospel for a lifetime it would seem.
Dj Ace 9:21 PM - 4 January, 2012
Marketing hype doesn't = better product! And of course to go after serato or even rane's market share you need to spend mega dollars...which is what traktor is doing. They are going after the big dog! Check the traktor forums and you will see users are upset about not having video, stability issues, and making comparrisons to Serato. I saw one thread where people want something like the bridge on Traktor...the bottom line people are never happy!
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:30 PM - 4 January, 2012
i hate to break it to you but of of the 2 products traktor is the big dog in europe,
if serato was selling so well we wouldn't have itch and intro,
i wouldn't be suprised if we saw updates in the future that will cost to upgrade to
haze324 9:43 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Even casual players with no misgivings about the future wear Nikes--they have 90%+ market share in basketball shoes heh.

Exactly.....but it wasn't always like this. It was the Air Jordans that changed the game because of who used them. Check out this pic>

www.planetabasketball.com

This was the landscape.
Either way, don't want to derail this into a shoe talk. Point is, you get a good product, enough stars to endorse it, enough starts to swtich over, people will follow.
Mr. Goodkat 9:45 PM - 4 January, 2012
nikes were clearly the better athletic shoe, not sure if traktor is clearly better than serato.
sacrilicious 9:52 PM - 4 January, 2012
Well, his brother is still on SSL, heh.

a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net
Dj Ace 10:05 PM - 4 January, 2012
Dj Ace 10:05 PM - 4 January, 2012
DJ Remy USA 11:12 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
Here's the "official" video...Watchwww.youtube.com

I jizzed my pants man I wish I could that shit....oh well I can only dream
DJ Remy USA 11:19 PM - 4 January, 2012
so Im the only DJ who thought the video was cool
Joshua Carl 11:24 PM - 4 January, 2012
Id love a full video of that set...u see him wilin out... yet the music is still top40 remix.
the same shit we play every weekend..
I wanna see the man do his thing (NH)
Joee 11:26 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
Id love a full video of that set...u see him wilin out... yet the music is still top40 remix.
the same shit we play every weekend..

+1
dj_soo 11:30 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:

that sort of is his thing these days.

the 14-year old DMC champ with mind-melting juggle routines just isn't where he's at these days...
sacrilicious 11:32 PM - 4 January, 2012
As far as it being "the same shit we play every weekend:"

It opens with one of his (Ducksauce's) tracks, features another track (Robot Rock) that he's massively famous for juggling, then moves into one of his remixes of a top 40 song which got more traction (here, anyway) than the original (Heads Will Roll).
Joshua Carl 11:41 PM - 4 January, 2012
^^ Co-sSign
exactly my point.

knowing that clip wasnt made "for us" (The Dj Community) it had to have some commercial appeal for the next group of people entertaining buying tickets to a big show.

but Id still like to see him doing what I know he does at these shows in a video
Sureshot (PA) 12:39 AM - 5 January, 2012
btw, Traktor posted that video on their facebook today...

"Another year, another great DJ playing on Traktor. Check out A-Trak opening for Swedish House Mafia at New York's Madison Square Garden!"
the_black_one 12:47 AM - 5 January, 2012
Where is Dj woody and his pioneer fanboy attitude? Pioneer sounds like shit!
Culprit 1:05 AM - 5 January, 2012
I call it a major victory cuz a-trak is one of my favorite djs and he is rocking traktor now and hell yeah you know im going to click on a link like this.

Posted to facebook & twitter.. will see what the response is from fellow djs
DjWoody 1:08 AM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:

Older Pioneer stuff, I agree. Newer Pioneer stuff, hmm hard to say. It's like this, you put shit in, you get shit out. It's like playing MP3's on a Funktion 1 system. That's just wrong! lol

I'm as big a Pioneer fan as I am an Allen & Heath fan. I also love the Rane MP 2016 mixer, but not a big fan of the 57 and I've never used the 68.

Like some have said on this thread, I use what works for me, not what works for everyone else. I could care less what everyone else is using honestly.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:31 AM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:

Posted to facebook & twitter.. will see what the response is from fellow djs

Why would he make some "OFFICIAL" statement and possibly mess up his money?
Rebelguy 2:26 AM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Older Pioneer stuff, I agree. Newer Pioneer stuff, hmm hard to say. It's like this, you put shit in, you get shit out. It's like playing MP3's on a Funktion 1 system. That's just wrong! lol

I'm as big a Pioneer fan as I am an Allen & Heath fan. I also love the Rane MP 2016 mixer, but not a big fan of the 57 and I've never used the 68.

Like some have said on this thread, I use what works for me, not what works for everyone else. I could care less what everyone else is using honestly.

+1. I am a fan of pre-digital Rane.
djchriscruz 2:57 AM - 5 January, 2012
If you collect Serato pressings I'd start cashing out now while they still have value.
djbenphillips 3:20 AM - 5 January, 2012
^ wtf does that have to do with anything?
WarpNote 9:46 AM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:

Exactly, the running man pressing is still what it is.... djatrak.com
djchriscruz 1:43 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:

If jumping over to Traktor becomes widespread then your rare coveted Serato CV's wont be worth $300 anymore.
DJ Remy USA 3:44 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

If jumping over to Traktor becomes widespread then your rare coveted Serato CV's wont be worth $300 anymore.

yes they will be becuase they are still RARE, thats whats makes them expensive and serato white vinyl will always be RARE and expensive along with those shibuyas which are the best CVs to me and lets not forget the king breaks I purchased about 5 pair. Oh I forget the Eric Orrs which are not rare but they are damn sweet to look at.....all in all the CVs that are rare will still be worth there salt
Joee 4:17 PM - 5 January, 2012
man i don't care what anyone uses scratch live works for me, a trak & everyone else can use traktor, i will still use serato

for me scratch live is the technics 1200 of dvs, simple to the point no frilzz, but it gets the job done, & is the best thing around

does traktor even do video? last a checked NO!
djchriscruz 4:17 PM - 5 January, 2012
White and Pink Serato CV's will always be "rare" but the value on them will go down if Traktor takes the crown as the most popular DVS. Not nearly as many people will be searching ebay for rare Serato CV's if most DJ's use Traktor.
Rebelguy 4:26 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
White and Pink Serato CV's will always be "rare" but the value on them will go down if Traktor takes the crown as the most popular DVS. Not nearly as many people will be searching ebay for rare Serato CV's if most DJ's use Traktor.

This can be debated. The collectibles market is a tough one to judge. Comic Books are at an all time low as far as sales but a copy of action #1 (first appearance of superman) just sold for 2.16 million.

And yes limited edition CV can be viewed as a collectible. People are buying multiple copies to hold onto for saving...not just using.
serkan 6:34 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:

A small island called Germany...
Videos? I'm talking about clubs and discotheques.

DJTechTools? The NI-sponsored Traktor fan club?
How does it come they mention NHL (which nobody) supports but not native support of CDJ-series decks in SL? They draw an Pioneer=Traktor picture instead.
What about better library management? Video-SL? The Bridge?

Traktor rules controller-wise. As an ITCH-user I hope Serato will catch up but that could take a loooong while.
But as for DVS only I think SL is number one by far.

As for A-Trak:
He got lazy and uses auto sync now (=no headphones).
But that's OK as long he plays nice sets (and has no need for his tech support team).
haha :)
Culprit 6:40 PM - 5 January, 2012
lmao.. he said a-trak got lazy and uses autosync because he does not use headphones..

funny dude this guy
DJDeluchi 6:53 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
This can be debated. The collectibles market is a tough one to judge. Comic Books are at an all time low as far as sales but a copy of action #1 (first appearance of superman) just sold for 2.16 million.

And yes limited edition CV can be viewed as a collectible. People are buying multiple copies to hold onto for saving...not just using.

My Grandad has The Amazing Spiderman number 1 from 1963 in mint condition which will be mine when he passes probly wont sell them as there family items but didnt realise they had such value
Free Man 7:40 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
lmao.. he said a-trak got lazy and uses autosync because he does not use headphones..

funny dude this guy

give him a break... A-Trak uses it as a tool... I dont have a set of tools in the garage cause i'm too lazy to use just my fingers to work on the car and stuff... Tools are there to be used... they let you do things that otherwise would be more difficult, or sometimes impossible. Because tools exist to DJ's it lets us be more creative than if we didnt have them.

Maybe there are tools that A-Trak uses cause they let him have a little break from the effort that would be taken to produce the same effect is greater than he feels like doing... so by some opinions that would be lazy... But seriously, is it worth debating? pshhh yeah right
djsmuve415 9:12 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Germany?!?!?! Dude - thats like the Mecca of the Traktor universe right now. R u kidding?
and yes,,, a lot of those videos are shot in clubs - so not sure what ur talking about.
Lonestarr 9:29 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Germany?!?!?! Dude - thats like the Mecca of the Traktor universe right now. R u kidding?
and yes,,, a lot of those videos are shot in clubs - so not sure what ur talking about.

hmmmm.. i beg to differ... I live there... and i concur that as collectibles regardless what it is, if it is truly rare..by the numbers or by the condition value trails along for ages ( nice example on the comic book) As of A-trak...NO Love from this guy... Especially when he like Dub said was there from day 1 testing out the Serato Scratch Studio..

Funny thing these types of guys get promotion and cool swag.......hmmm..
Granted he can do whatever and maybe Wacktor has all those effects but being an Vinyl Head Disc Jocky i need not those extra things..

to each your own but ill stick with the industry standard like my 4 1210's
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:33 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:

As for A-Trak:
But that's OK as long he plays nice sets (and has no need for his tech support team).

Just WOW...
serkan 10:39 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:

You really need to differ.
Controllerists = Traktor all the way almost doing live remixing
But as soon as you throw in 2 Techs and want some classic 2 deck mixing = Scratch Live

No I wasn't kidding.
I would have to GUESS but out of 20 DJs I know who use DVS...
...1 Traktor Scratch Pro (not even version 2)
...2 Virtual DJ (one of them mixing video)
...1 Scratch Live with Pioneer CDJ-2000 in HID-Mode
...others: Scratch Live with Turntables
Gotta be honest: 3 of them use SL because I talked them into. One was on Mixvibes DVS the others didn't want DVS until I showed them how well it works.

50% of the places I have played at (in North-West Germany) had an SL 1 already. None of them had any NI audio interface. You can believe me or not. This is how it is up in here.

But(!): I don't know how it is in other regions of Germany.
Maybe other German board members can chime in?!
nik39 10:47 PM - 5 January, 2012
Berlin seems to have the most Traktor users FWIK - oh what a surprise. NI sits in Berlin ;)
Lonestarr 11:08 PM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

You really need to differ.
Controllerists = Traktor all the way almost doing live remixing
But as soon as you throw in 2 Techs and want some classic 2 deck mixing = Scratch Live

No I wasn't kidding.
I would have to GUESS but out of 20 DJs I know who use DVS...
...1 Traktor Scratch Pro (not even version 2)
...2 Virtual DJ (one of them mixing video)
...1 Scratch Live with Pioneer CDJ-2000 in HID-Mode
...others: Scratch Live with Turntables
Gotta be honest: 3 of them use SL because I talked them into. One was on Mixvibes DVS the others didn't want DVS until I showed them how well it works.

50% of the places I have played at (in North-West Germany) had an SL 1 already. None of them had any NI audio interface. You can believe me or not. This is how it is up in here.

But(!): I don't know how it is in other regions of Germany.
Maybe other German board members can chime in?!

Im in Kaiserslautern area / Rheinland Plalz and NEVER in my life even seen a NVI setup... I have seen Virtual Dj tho... But always Serato... Ive also been Lived in the UK and Greece.. also no traktor.. Just saying ..
dj_soo 11:09 PM - 5 January, 2012
Berlin is also like the techno capital of the world and a lot of those guys seem to love traktor - especially after hawtin started pushing it public ally...
Res-Q 11:40 PM - 5 January, 2012
My 2cents for the past year and what I've seen:

In France, a majority of clubs using dvs systems are on SL, the few DJs I know using Traktor are mobile djs. but all in all, I would say that the majority of clubs djs are still on CDs (whackkkk)
In the US this summer, I've seen mostly SL everywhere.
In Japan, where I spent 3 weeks and gigd 7 clubs, all the clubs were serato ready, with a SL box, but I didnt see any Rane TTM though :( Luckily I always carry mine with me.
In Korea where I've been now for 1,5 month, I met 1 VideoDJ who uses Virtual DJ, 2 DJs using Traktor, 2 using SL, and a bunch using CDs, and beleive it or not a lot of posers in clubs who use the output from their PCs and play one track after the other. (they dont use a lot of macs here)
iNBiTuiN 1:11 AM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:

As for A-Trak:

Auto sync or not, it doesn't matter to A-Trak, Craze, etc. They're DMC/ITF Champs. Who are we to question their skills or what they use or how they use it. They would still kill no matter what format they use.
Culprit 1:13 AM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
As for A-Trak:

Auto sync or not, it doesn't matter to A-Trak, Craze, etc. They're DMC/ITF Champs. Who are we to question their skills or what they use or how they use it. They would still kill no matter what format they use.

100% agree
djsmuve415 1:29 AM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Berlin is also like the techno capital of the world and a lot of those guys seem to love traktor - especially after hawtin started pushing it public ally...

^This.... was gonna write this myself
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:35 AM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:

Yessir....already tried, true, and proven..
djchriscruz 2:37 AM - 6 January, 2012
If we keep this thread going on the first page I wonder if we'll get any word from the Serato guys.
Rebelguy 3:49 AM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
If we keep this thread going on the first page I wonder if we'll get any word from the Serato guys.

Probably not.
DCD 4:24 AM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
As for A-Trak:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure when you're touring the world doing a lot of the same routines, it becomes very easy to mix without headphones.
JD 8:16 AM - 6 January, 2012
why is it hard to for some of you to swallow that there are other products out there that do things better than Serato? Serato has been stagnant while other products have moved past just being a DVS. Serato is 1000% great at being a standard vinyl emulation system... as technology progresses, so do dj's techniques and styles... Youre gonna see more djs trying other products... and unfortunately, we're gonna keep seeing these threads of people crying foul....
Evon 11:54 AM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
why is it hard to for some of you to swallow that there are other products out there that do things better than Serato? Serato has been stagnant while other products have moved past just being a DVS. Serato is 1000% great at being a standard vinyl emulation system... as technology progresses, so do dj's techniques and styles... Youre gonna see more djs trying other products... and unfortunately, we're gonna keep seeing these threads of people crying foul....

+1
Evon 12:57 PM - 6 January, 2012
".
Quote:

I think all the bigname djs don't really care about autosync, they use it when they feel like it. They are just like, "whatever". It's mostly smalltime djs and local club djs that are dedicated to "keepin it real".

Serato has been stagnant, and you see one after the other, big djs has jumped ship. NI is probably paying them a fraction on what they make on gigs to endorse their products, Spesial edition controlvinyl maby?
I think so many wouldn't be using it if it wasnt a good product.
Joee 3:06 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:

not only that, but this thread is a HOLE lot of free promo for traktor
Rebelguy 4:24 PM - 6 January, 2012
Hole = whole?
DJ Fresh Direct 4:28 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:

-__- woops
Free Man 4:54 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
As for A-Trak:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure when you're touring the world doing a lot of the same routines, it becomes very easy to mix without headphones.

wait, same set over and over? wow... lazy... lol
Joee 5:10 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Hole = whole?

Quote:
Quote:

-__- woops

hey i just got up, stop playin..lol
djmarvel 5:18 PM - 6 January, 2012
I just saw atrak a couple of weeks ago and he just got on traktor like 2 days prior, it wouldnt have mattered what he used for that set because the effects he used where on the 800. I talked to him he said the same as everyone else that the timecode is better and the interface is annoying at first only
DJ SPAIR 6:12 PM - 6 January, 2012
I heard A Trak switched from Butter to I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Hanging my head in shame.
djchriscruz 6:14 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:

I agree but you have to consider that we're all biased since this is the Serato forum and all Serato owners. We're like mothers who refuse to admit we have an ugly baby.
toasted 6:25 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
I heard A Trak switched from Butter to I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Hanging my head in shame.

now im confused, do i follow atrak or jonny rotten lol
Free Man 6:27 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

now im confused, do i follow atrak or jonny rotten lol

depends if you're going butter or i can't believe its not butter... have to pick one, can't have both...
toasted 6:30 PM - 6 January, 2012
you can if you have 2 slices of toast

Quote:
I agree but you have to consider that we're all biased since this is the Serato forum and all Serato owners. We're like mothers who refuse to admit we have an ugly baby.

id say its more a case of a few sheep and a few shepherds
just do your own thing, use your own mind and decide whats best for you
DCD 7:20 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:

Quote:
id say its more a case of a few sheep and a few shepherds
just do your own thing, use your own mind and decide whats best for you

hey get outta here with your logical reasoning.
besides, 1200s + ttm56 + sl3 + macbook pro= real dj
also dj's who don't spin hip hop aren't real dj's get it str8
also you have to be able to scratch, but not those baby scratches bcuz anyone on virtual dj (who aren't real dj's) can do that
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:42 PM - 6 January, 2012
I heard he switched from boxers to briefs,,,kmart here I come
BattleFunk 7:47 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
hey get outta here with your logical reasoning.
besides, 1200s + ttm56 + sl3 + macbook pro= real dj
also you have to be able to scratch, but not those baby scratches bcuz anyone on virtual dj (who aren't real dj's) can do that

dont encourage them.
Free Man 7:56 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:

we need to come up with official titles of people who play other types of music
Groove Factor 8:21 PM - 6 January, 2012
Hilarious discussion. Watching all the Serato fanboys cry about using auto sync is a riot.
There isnt a DJ alive who can keep 4 tracks and 10 samples in sync with manual manipulation...so that argument is a LOSING proposition.
Joshua Carl 8:29 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Hilarious discussion. Watching all the Serato fanboys cry about using auto sync is a riot.
There isnt a person alive who wants to hear 4 tracks and 10 samples in sync ...so that argument is irrelevant

Fixed...

point being; if anyone switches or supports either DVS the ability to do, or not do this is kinda overkill for 95% of DJs...
even the best dudes on Traktor are not doing this.... The Sync gripe has always been about pedestrian dj'ing with use of sync... not creative ways to use it to make sets better.
Groove Factor 8:33 PM - 6 January, 2012
The best DJs on Traktor are using multiple tracks and loops - and lots of creative effects. At that point, proving that you can blend two songs is moot.

Dont get why so many people are fixated on 'blending". People mastered beat mixing 25 years ago....it isnt that difficult. Expand your mind creatively...especially if you spin house and techno.
djsmuve415 8:46 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
People mastered beat mixing 25 years ago....it isnt that difficult..

oh boy.... here we go again.. probably one of the top 5 most ignorant things said on a DJ forum.
and repeatedly, I might add.
Joshua Carl 8:46 PM - 6 January, 2012
multiple ; certainly...who doesnt want this.
creatively: without a doubt, some of the best EDM sets Ive seen have been on Traktor.
14 of them...no, overkill

on the other side of the coin; Virtual DJ can open and play 99 video files at once with its
software and have no hiccups.... its impressive from a software stand point but something hardly anyone would use on the regular, or at all....

I think we have all see some amazing sets on Traktor, and I think anyone trying to discredit its abilities is just being stubborn. But simply; the ability to keep 14 things in sync at once isnt something alot of DJs, on any level, are interested in doing...
JD 8:46 PM - 6 January, 2012
And regarding Auto-Sync... DJ's who love djing and grew up djing will always still put records on beat themselves.. its the fun of it.. unless they are doing a mix that requires the program to sync while they do other cool things with their hands... Just cause car companies make automatics doesnt mean NASCAR drivers are not gonna use stick... mixing is fun and its in our bloods...

and besides.. some djs who are so against sync are also the same guys who have their laptops in front of their face at parties starting at the lines to keep things in "sync"... same difference, imo.

I rather see a guy involved in the party with the laptop on the side with the an occasional sync while he does something cool than a guys face staring at a screen like a deer in headlights...
Joshua Carl 8:52 PM - 6 January, 2012
JD brings up something Ive been saying since day one
(not too get off A-traks topic)

but a HUGE majority of the guys who pull the "I use the sync so i can be more creative"
tag line...
I AM STILL WAITING for this show of creativity.
sure, theres catz out there who ARE being that creative...but on the whole.
most of the sets Ive seen, while are solid, or even impressive have NOT been because
of their ability to sync crazy shit and have it make sense.
to be honest... i see more using it in a pedestrian manner doing things we do while manually beat mixing...
surely this reflects on the DJ using the DVS, AND NOT the software,,,
but alot of guys who pump the whole "i can do sooo many creative things..."
are NOT doing them....but the ability to do so, is without argument, there.
JD 8:54 PM - 6 January, 2012
and to add - one of these wanna be DJ AM djs comes to my club where i was djing.. That night i brought out Traktor instead of Serato... He asked to drop a mix, i let him get on and boy, it was like a tennis match - no lines to look at the screen and his ear isnt trained to hear which song is drifting slower than the other... Serato lines with a laptop in front is basically a visual auto sync.. He was booted off the 1200s quick fast...
Groove Factor 9:00 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
probably one of the top 5 most ignorant things said on a DJ forum.and repeatedly, I might add.

Yeah, but crying about auto sync not being “real DJing” – that’s not ignorant at all.
DJ Remy USA 9:02 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
and to add - one of these wanna be DJ AM djs comes to my club where i was djing.. That night i brought out Traktor instead of Serato... He asked to drop a mix, i let him get on and boy, it was like a tennis match - no lines to look at the screen and his ear isnt trained to hear which song is drifting slower than the other... Serato lines with a laptop in front is basically a visual auto sync.. He was booted off the 1200s quick fast...

traktors got the phase meters which is visual sync as well I guess the guy didnt know that...lol. Its about a accurate as watching lines in fact its a bit easier cause the phase meter drift to whatever side is going to fast. Just thought I point that out, if dude couldnt mix he prolly sounded crappy on serato as well.

DVS makes a good DJ great by making mixing a little easier to pull off, but if you suck even auto sync cant cover up the fact that you cant mix.

Last point when mixing straight vinyl my sets sound completely different because vinyl has to be respected a little more and handle with care there aint no relative mode which admit it relative mode saves us all and makes us all think we are better than we actually really are but thats the beauty of DVS it makes a good DJ great
djsmuve415 9:03 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Yeah, but crying about auto sync not being “real DJing” – that’s not ignorant at all.

Well... thats not me. I'm on record here saying that if DJ's wanna take their creativity to new heights - then by all means, do what u gotta do & use what gotta use. But don't answer one ignorant thing with another, is all I'm saying.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:04 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
probably one of the top 5 most ignorant things said on a DJ forum.and repeatedly, I might add.

Standing up for the principles of your passion or culture is never ignorant, well mabye it is to the people who dont get the culture to begin with
Groove Factor 9:06 PM - 6 January, 2012
I like mixing with vinyl and on turntables as much as the next person, I just see the argument for manual manipulation like an argument for incandescent light bulbs. That ship has sailed sorry, you can't fight change.

I enjoy the discovery and implementation of new technology and while there may be some things lost—like the visual medium that vinyl provides—the new possibilities are simply too vast to ignore. What ends up happening is that you have to spend more time preparing for your gigs by doing the beatgrids and setting load, cue and loop points, and making playlists. For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:07 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
The best DJs on Traktor are using multiple tracks and loops - and lots of creative effects. At that point, proving that you can blend two songs is moot.

Dont get why so many people are fixated on 'blending". People mastered beat mixing 25 years ago....it isnt that difficult. Expand your mind creatively...especially if you spin house and techno.

Your right it takes much more skill to drag an auti loop into a box that syncs it with the playing deck than it does to hear two tracks and manually adjust them takibg wow and flutter unto account...smh
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:09 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
I like mixing with vinyl and on turntables as much as the next person, I just see the argument for manual manipulation like an argument for incandescent light bulbs. That ship has sailed sorry, you can't fight change.

I enjoy the discovery and implementation of new technology and while there may be some things lost—like the visual medium that vinyl provides—the new possibilities are simply too vast to ignore. What ends up happening is that you have to spend more time preparing for your gigs by doing the beatgrids and setting load, cue and loop points, and making playlists. For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ.

Why, people mastered programming and selection years ago its easy and anyone can do it
Joshua Carl 9:15 PM - 6 January, 2012
I dont think anyone is really discrediting, or embracing the future via sync.
like said, wavies are a crotch hair away from it, ITCH has it...

I think the gripe is.
dont tell me you need more colors for your palette when your still only going to use black and white.
get creative, embrace technology,push the status quo.think outside the envelope.

but dont say your gonna do that, then stand there and let track a mix into track b
and try to tell me it was some amazing glimpse into the future of creative Djing because
you let the computer do it.
djsmuve415 9:15 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Your right it takes much more skill to drag an auto loop into a box that syncs it with the playing deck than it does to hear two tracks and manually adjust them taking wow and flutter into account...smh

*Fixed - & ^This...
Groove Factor 9:18 PM - 6 January, 2012
You guys that try to make auto sync as a "shortcut" have NO CLUE how much works goes into doing it correctly...and creatively.

I still have an original Urei 1620 in my studio and my 1200 MK2 are from the 80s. I am simply no longer fascinated with "hey, I can mix two tracks, I am over it. I dont need to prove that to anyone any longer. I have decided to spend my time working on playlists and warping tracks in Abelton and setting up proper grids, cue points, loops etc. The homework that I used to do practicing my blending - is now better spent elsewhere.
Groove Factor 9:19 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
dont tell me you need more colors for your palette when your still only going to use black and white.
get creative, embrace technology,push the status quo.think outside the envelope.

but dont say your gonna do that, then stand there and let track a mix into track b
and try to tell me it was some amazing glimpse into the future of creative Djing because
you let the computer do it.

Thats fair. I agree with that. And it is the case for 99% of Traktor DJs.

The same could be said for 99% of Serato DJs...who would shit their pants if they had to work on vinyl.
AIRX ONE 9:20 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:

YEP i can't believe its not time code works butter .... or better lol
Groove Factor 9:21 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Your right it takes much more skill to drag an auti loop into a box that syncs it with the playing deck than it does to hear two tracks and manually adjust them takibg wow and flutter unto account...smh

YEAH...you can mix on turntables. Larry Levan did that in 1974 - but congrats.
Joshua Carl 9:24 PM - 6 January, 2012
sertato fun:

hit spacebar when the DJ isnt looking into Library mode....

watch the panic.
Joshua Carl 9:26 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Larry Levan did that in 1974 - but congrats.

no sync, no waveforms,NO QAUNTIZED PRODUCTIONS.

live drummers on mk1 (Jog wheel pitch bend)

Have fun with that shit!
Joshua Carl 9:28 PM - 6 January, 2012
If he rose from the grave he'd probably bitch-slap the lot of us.
still waiting on François K to pop in and let us all know whats up.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 9:35 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
sertato fun:

hit spacebar when the DJ isnt looking into Library mode....

watch the panic.

Lmfao!! I did this about a month ago and did I ever wish I had a video camera on!! He was so mad yelled at me and said I fucked up his mix. He basically called it quits right there for the rest of the night, I was like dam dude, surfs up!!
djsmuve415 9:36 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
I still have an original Urei 1620 in my studio and my 1200 MK2 are from the 80s. I am simply no longer fascinated with "hey, I can mix two tracks, I am over it. I dont need to prove that to anyone any longer. I have decided to spend my time working on playlists and warping tracks in Abelton and setting up proper grids, cue points, loops etc. The homework that I used to do practicing my blending - is now better spent elsewhere.

That's good for u dude... but not for the other poor patrons I've had the displeasure of seeing suffer countless times from DJ's who can't even get that basic right. It's like long finger nails on a chalk board - even the average punter can hear that shit.
dj_soo 9:37 PM - 6 January, 2012
This thread makes me want to play a vinyl set at my Monday residency
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:58 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
You guys that try to make auto sync as a "shortcut" have NO CLUE how much works goes into doing it correctly...and creatively.

Which 99.9% of autosyncers DONT do
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:00 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

YEAH...you can mix on turntables. Larry Levan did that in 1974 - but congrats.

Congratulation you can click on a computer screen, douglas engelbart did that in 1963
Culprit 10:01 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

how much work goes into autosync? its auto sync.. ya know like automatically syncs..
Groove Factor 10:27 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

how much work goes into autosync? its auto sync.. ya know like automatically syncs..

If you ever used Traktor (which you clearly have not), you would know that in order to use any kind of reasonably advanced functions - you need to have perfect beat grids set....which do not happen without adjustments. Anyway....
Groove Factor 10:29 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Congratulation you can click on a computer screen, douglas engelbart did that in 1963

I am not the one that is proud of my ability to type on a computer....unlike you who still thinks that some credit is due for use old, played out methods
Groove Factor 10:31 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
That's good for u dude... but not for the other poor patrons I've had the displeasure of seeing suffer countless times from DJ's who can't even get that basic right. It's like long finger nails on a chalk board - even the average punter can hear that shit.

Right. And there are just as many shit DJs on turntables and Serato as on auto sync and Traktor...so what is your point?
DjWoody 10:42 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:

Sorry, it's not a magic button. You have to prepare your tracks correctly or else it won't work. Kinda like warping but on Traktor.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:47 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:

I am not the one that is proud of my ability to type on a computer

Really?
Quote:

I have decided to spend my time working on playlists and warping tracks in Abelton and setting up proper grids, cue points, loops etc.

Ok my bad ur not typing....your proud of your clicking abilitu
Rebelguy 11:15 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Sorry, it's not a magic button. You have to prepare your tracks correctly or else it won't work. Kinda like warping but on Traktor.

+1
Groove Factor 11:37 PM - 6 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah you got it. Creating re-edits and remixes on a computer is nothing but clicking the mouse.
iNBiTuiN 12:37 AM - 7 January, 2012
Serato still has the better forum. NI forum is just full of tech support questions on how to auto sync. jk. :P
DjWoody 12:46 AM - 7 January, 2012
Quote:
traktors got the phase meters which is visual sync as well I guess the guy didnt know that...lol. Its about a accurate as watching lines in fact its a bit easier cause the phase meter drift to whatever side is going to fast.

I can't stand the phase meters. They're a distraction so I turn them off & hide them. Wish there was a way to hide the Auto Sync button. :(
reggae delgado 12:57 AM - 7 January, 2012
Quote:
This thread makes me want to play a vinyl set at my Monday residency

Yup! I'm actually gunna do that this weekend. I am kinda inspired by Audio 1's january away from social networking, so I'm gunna try go the whole month of January without DVS. I don't have any weird gigs that would require serato so I'm goin for it. I've been playing all 45s at home lately anyway just to keep my skills up so it should be fun! ANybody want to join me? (PS I know many of you guys do a lot of top 40/mashup stuff so it would be hard. I will definitely miss my remixes & many of my dubplates but my gigs this month mostly will attract crowds who can be pleased with pre- '05 music, so I'm goin for it!)
DJ ENUF 1:39 AM - 7 January, 2012
I don't give a fuck how sick a set is if it is ALL automated pre-planned and auto-synced and there is no chance of a mistake then WHY NOT PLAY A FUCKING MIX CD! And the argument that because its extra work to beat-grid and prepare your tracks so you don't need to do the work to manually mix is fucking moot! You are using training wheels!
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:56 AM - 7 January, 2012
Quote:
I don't give a fuck how sick a set is if it is ALL automated pre-planned and auto-synced and there is no chance of a mistake then WHY NOT PLAY A FUCKING MIX CD! And the argument that because its extra work to beat-grid and prepare your tracks so you don't need to do the work to manually mix is fucking moot! You are using training wheels!

you develop routines over the years and when your this big people don't come to see you break new music for the whole set,

if you go to see a band/artist play do you want them to play new songs you don't know or all the classics of theirs you know and love
phatbob 2:07 AM - 7 January, 2012
Quote:
If he rose from the grave he'd probably bitch-slap the lot of us.
still waiting on François K to pop in and let us all know whats up.

The same François K who has been playing with Traktor and a controller for the last decade?

If it's good enough for FK...
DJ ENUF 2:21 AM - 7 January, 2012
Lemme add that IF u are a producer such as FK,D5,SHM or any other big edm name then the crowd is there to hear the productions not turntablism. Therefore the apparatus used to get from a to b is irrelevant. If I'm at an A-Trak show I sure as hell don't wanna hear him auto-syncing on a controller. What dvs system he uses is irrelevant as well as long as he's cutting it up live. My .02
BattleFunk 2:24 AM - 7 January, 2012
Quote:
Lemme add that IF u are a producer such as FK,D5,SHM or any other big edm name then the crowd is there to hear the productions not turntablism. Therefore the apparatus used to get from a to b is irrelevant. If I'm at an A-Trak show I sure as hell don't wanna hear him auto-syncing on a controller. What dvs system he uses is irrelevant as well as long as he's cutting it up live. My .02

he plays house now
DJ ENUF 2:37 AM - 7 January, 2012
^^^on a set of 1200's. And since he's a former DMC champ this is what I'd expect to see.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:47 AM - 7 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah you got it. Creating re-edits and remixes on a computer is nothing but clicking the mouse.

well acutually....YES!
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:49 AM - 7 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

yes but once you set them up once correctly you DONE, mixing by hand\ear you have to get it right EACH time, ie show skill
MPC O.G. 7:53 AM - 7 January, 2012
Traktor has sync, SSL doesn't (YET!). SSL has parallel waveforms, TSP doesn't (YET!). If you look at both forums OBJECTIVELY you would see that a lot of dj's use both and want them to be as close to being the same as possible. Why are people so emotional about such a simple thing. If TSP is so lame why are so many people using it? They must be doing something right. SSL is a great program, but it IS falling behind. Does that mean YOU should jump ship? Think for yourself. There are people on this forum that could do some great things with SSL and controllers if the software allowed it. The VCI 400 was made to work best with ITCH. Ean Golden has already killed that notion with a custom 400 and custom Traktor mapping. Serato has to do more. Maybe they will after their contract with Rane expires. If Serato just improved the midi capabilities that would stop A LOT of people from jumping to Traktor. Just thinking out loud. BACK TO THE EMO BULLSHIT!
combo808 11:09 AM - 7 January, 2012
Unless SSL comes out with some key features like auto sync, improving their key algorithm, vinyl response, sound quality, midi & live looping its a wrap. It's so behind compared to TSP. The "bridge" in Traktor to Ableton is waaaay better than serato because you can run any of ableton effects on your running decks, and can record the full session without the 57. In terms of production that opens huge creative possibilites. The next era of the DJ is live production. A-Trak jumping is a big hit and an insight of the direction the company is going.
Dj Bacik 2:42 PM - 7 January, 2012
Quote:

The same could be said for 99% of Serato DJs...who would shit their pants if they had to work on vinyl.

I am the 1%
Groove Factor 4:12 PM - 7 January, 2012
Quote:
The next era of the DJ is live production..

Perfectly said.
dj_soo 1:25 AM - 8 January, 2012
no it's not - the next era for *performance* djing maybe but if we're talking about the average top40, mainstream clubgoer they could give 2 shits that you're remixing anything live and they'll probably be angry that you're messing up their favourite track.
DJ Reflex 3:27 AM - 8 January, 2012
Quote:
no it's not - the next era for *performance* djing maybe but if we're talking about the average top40, mainstream clubgoer they could give 2 shits that you're remixing anything live and they'll probably be angry that you're messing up their favourite track.

Tru-Dat! All these people want to hear is the same stuff that's already on the radio. Both Serato AND Traktor can handle that!
echa1945mf 9:24 AM - 8 January, 2012
as much as i love the 68 , i would strip buttnaked and sing joyously in the rain the day an SSL certified Pioneer Mixer drops
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:32 AM - 8 January, 2012
you might see a itch one but SSL is exclusive to rane and always will be
serkan 9:24 PM - 8 January, 2012
I wrote:
Quote:

As for A-Trak:

Next time I will let you know when I'm being sarcastic...
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:33 PM - 8 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
The next era of the producing is live production..

Perfectly said.

fixed
Groove Factor 11:50 PM - 8 January, 2012
Quote:

#1 - this thread is about A Trak......NOT Top 40 DJs playing for brain dead crowds, so not sure what you are taking about.

#2 - Just because you are playing mainstream music, doesnt mean you cant throw down creative blends, loops, samples - where you are both entertaining your crowd and pleasing your creative juices as a DJ.

The day you stop caring about improving and being creative in the DJ booth - is the day you should hang it up.
dj_soo 1:04 AM - 9 January, 2012
No, like most threads - this has becomes derailed into a sync vs anti sync thread.

Live remixing is great - i love watching someone skilled doing itand i do live remix rouines myself but there are plenty of performance Djs doing it live without sync (see enferno, shadow and cut chemist doin it on VINYL among others). So no, sync isnt necessary to "take it to the next level" like so many people who are too lazy to truly perfect their craft claim.

It's just another shortcut to avoid actually working at your craft.

If I want to see a performance Dj do a performance, I want to see someone skilled - not someone who wants to rely on shortcuts.

Just like I'd rather see a concert violinist spend years getting good enough to perform a piece flawlessly rather than knowing he recorded it at home and is fakin it on stage.
combo808 5:26 AM - 9 January, 2012
Dude, we are trying to help Serato with an issue in its product, not get into an argument. As a consumer and user of serato, I am unsatisfied with its features. It needs some improvements to keep relevant. So, I dont know why you are trying to hi-jack this thread with some nonsense.

FYI Juggling and scratching are the hardest to perfect in this craft. Beat matching to turntablists is a joke.
dj_soo 8:12 AM - 9 January, 2012
serato has some issues with it's product - the lack of auto-sync isn't one of them.
Groove Factor 2:11 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
Just like I'd rather see a concert violinist spend years getting good enough to perform a piece flawlessly rather than knowing he recorded it at home and is fakin it on stage.

So ignorant and uneducated it isnt even funny.

Go listen to Chris Liebing sometime. He isnt faking anything and it isnt a "routine", his entire set it created on the fly and the next night, it is totally different. He is using Traktor to its maximum potential, something you clearly have no clue about.

Listen - this is like debating about places to go in China with a group of people who have never been there. It is pointless. If you dont want to graduate past mixing 2 records together...that is fine, do what you do and have fun.
Free Man 2:22 PM - 9 January, 2012
serious... sl2 vs sl4 vs 57 vs 68 add the bridge in pick one and you realize pretty quick that there is a product for you and then look at traktor and you'll see that it has a really ugly layout and will be glad you picked ssl
nik39 2:38 PM - 9 January, 2012
I can accommodate to a GUI, it takes time, but it is possible.

However, I can not deal with unstability. Unfortunately has SL been losing grip in this area.
Free Man 3:29 PM - 9 January, 2012
^^True... with every update i'm a little nervous.
DjWoody 3:44 PM - 9 January, 2012
Why does every DJ who has never used Traktor thinks that every DJ who does use it uses Auto Sync? Whenever I use Traktor I don't use it and I know plenty of other DJ's who don't either. I seriously doubt Carl Cox uses Auto Sync.

Another thing I don't get is how many of you talk shit on Traktor, yet because A-Trak uses it he gets a pass. "It's ok cause he's A-Trak." SMH... Come on, who gives a shit what other DJ's use. Worry about your self, not others.

What will happen when Serato implements Auto Sync? Will you stop using SSL? I seriously doubt it. As a matter of fact, it will become cool of the sudden, just watch. I can already see a bunch of you jumping on it. Mark my words.
Chrisjin 3:48 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:

Come on, who gives a shit what other DJ's use. Worry about your self, not others.
/quote]

Word is Bon Jovi
Chrisjin 3:48 PM - 9 January, 2012
^funk that quote button
DJ Remy USA 5:01 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
Dude, we are trying to help Serato with an issue in its product, not get into an argument. As a consumer and user of serato, I am unsatisfied with its features. It needs some improvements to keep relevant.

there is nothing wrong with seratos software my friend, relevant.....puuuuuhhhhlllleeeeaaassse just because it doesnt have sync doesnt mean its not relevant.
DJ Remy USA 5:04 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
serato has some issues with it's product - the lack of auto-sync isn't one of them.

the only sync I would like is sp6 sync....
the_black_one 5:22 PM - 9 January, 2012
I can give 2 shits about sync or efx. Fix the key lock that sounds like shit and make the thing stable again. #TRUTH
p45 5:51 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
I can give 2 shits about sync or efx. Fix the key lock that sounds like shit and make the thing stable again. #TRUTH

+1
serkan 8:39 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:

Go listen to Chris Liebing sometime. He isnt faking anything and it isnt a "routine", his entire set it created on the fly and the next night, it is totally different. He is using Traktor to its maximum potential, something you clearly have no clue about.

I know what you want to say but...
He's using Traktor Pro (=ITCH) not Traktor Scratch Pro (=Scratch Live)
Quote:

+1

btw:
I'm using auto-sync in ITCH.
So I will use auto-sync in SL when it comes some time (which I think it will sooner or later). I don't care. I can beatmatch with DVS. I can beatmatch with regular vinyl. It's not my beatmatching skills that set me appart. It's the music I play.
Groove Factor 8:54 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:

Nope, that is wrong. He uses Trakrtor Scratch Pro w/ Machine, 2 Allen and Heath 1D controllers and an Allen and Heath 92 mixer.

Watchwww.youtube.com
serkan 10:19 PM - 9 January, 2012
Looks like Traktor Pro. No timecode used there.

btw: I don't like his music (except for a couple tracks) but he's seems to be a very cool dude :)
DJ Remy USA 11:47 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Nope, that is wrong. He uses Trakrtor Scratch Pro w/ Machine, 2 Allen and Heath 1D controllers and an Allen and Heath 92 mixer.

Watchwww.youtube.com

you know I never understood that style of mixing. It seems like its so simple maybe because I like all the scratching and shit
ekwipt 12:02 AM - 10 January, 2012
Quote:

btw: I don't like his music (except for a couple tracks) but he's seems to be a very cool dude :)

That's the great thing about TSP you can use it anyway you want unlike itch.
DjWoody 1:47 AM - 10 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
you know I never understood that style of mixing. It seems like its so simple maybe because I like all the scratching and shit

He's not just mixing. He's actually remixing on the fly, so a lot of that has never been heard before.
echa1945mf 2:14 AM - 10 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

thats one thing i like about Traktor is you can just plug it in off a DJM2000/900 then played off using customized keyboard shortcuts and there you go, i use it usually on sunset sets on the beachside ,but my #1 weapon of choice still SSL

yes i use auto sync when im using traktor and yes i can mix on vinyl,cds
echa1945mf 2:18 AM - 10 January, 2012
would be nice if Serato develop some kind of software/itch like software that you can play off using your keyboard but only have to one deck unless u plug in a dongle box (sl1,2,3,4)
combo808 2:30 AM - 10 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Dude, we are trying to help Serato with an issue in its product, not get into an argument. As a consumer and user of serato, I am unsatisfied with its features. It needs some improvements to keep relevant.

there is nothing wrong with seratos software my friend, relevant.....puuuuuhhhhlllleeeeaaassse just because it doesnt have sync doesnt mean its not relevant.

How about the key algorithm? vinyl response? Midi issues? TSP is leagues ahead in EFX.

No auto-sync makes the bridge broken and the SP-6 limited IMO. So might as well make it a feature for people who want to utilize it to use Serato's full capabilities. Itch already has it, so why not implement it?
JD 3:13 AM - 10 January, 2012
One thing I like is when I go on after a dj on Serato and my Traktor sounds WAY bigger, fuller, and louder.. just with that im already sounding better without even mixing my first record :)
Free Man 3:27 AM - 10 January, 2012
Lots of people that use traktor say stuff like that... even they are DJ's that suck, and use low bit rate files....
Joshua Carl 3:29 AM - 10 January, 2012
Ill take Chris's word anyday:

"When it comes to sound quality, it’s a dead heat. Pushing the same track out of the Audio 10 and the SL4 into a mixer, I couldn’t hear a difference. The SNR of the NI cards is marginally higher, so to get the Rane interfaces to equal volume requires a miniscule gain tweak on the mixer, but clarity and sound reproduction differences aren’t so much subjective as they are conjecture: I consistently failed to identify which was which in a gain adjusted blind test, even when pitting the NI card’s 96kHz mode against the Rane’s 44.1kHz (although the SL4 also supports 96kHz). There’s a subtle difference in sound that I could probably train myself to identify, but the important part is that objectively the two manufacturers’ interfaces don’t sound better or worse than each other. Arguments for higher resampling rates are better placed when it comes to internal mixing and playback effects, and the jury’s still out on whether it makes a perceptible difference in the real world."
dj_soo 4:00 AM - 10 January, 2012
nothing like some confirmation bias.

Quote:
How about the key algorithm? vinyl response? Midi issues? TSP is leagues ahead in EFX.

Key lock - yes it sucks, but from all accounts traktor's isn't much better.

vinyl response? really? Are you qbert, craze, or atrak? Do you even scratch? If you're doing dmc-level stuff i can see how that would matter, but if you're not then this is pretty moot.

midi out would certainly be nice on scratchlive as well as more robust midi implementation...

FX - yup, tracktor does this better but it's not like scratchlive's fx suck - and if you think they do, then you haven't actually dug too deep.
ekwipt 4:54 AM - 10 January, 2012
I don't really like Traktors FX that much, the FX on the DB:4 mixer are supposed to be AMAZING

Key lock is pretty shit period on both systems but I mix with vinyl mostly with Traktor soI don't go past 4% usuallyon tracks (I've read Traktor sounds better with scratching and key lock on)

It's great to be able to sync the 3rd deck while your mixing in the next track on deck 1 or 2, the sample decks I'm just getting use to

Midi out is amazing for Maschine but you can do the same with The Bridge, where The fuck are the new features for the bridge though, it's been really stagnant in that regard over here?

I've found mixing and blending a lot easier on Traktor, not sure if it's placebo or me just improving but Serato was never good a fine adjustments (speeding up or slowing down with the vinyl spindle.

NI have really dropped the ball with CDJ2000 & 900 Advanced HID, well over due. I'd almost rather buy CDJ2000s and use those exclusively than buying TSP3 in the next coupleof years but who knows where the technology will be by then

They've also pissed me off by not making the DB:4 and DB:2 Scratch certified, I just don't get there problem with this? Not that Serato is any better about licensing their software out to mixers that are actually in the clubs (DJM900 for example) I've never seen a Rane 68 in any club in Australia

Anyway there's only one video of A-Track using Traktor, who really gives a flying F*ck anyway? Maybe he was just trying it out?
JD 5:07 AM - 10 January, 2012
Traktors Key Lock is WAAAAAY better than Seratos.. dont even come with theyre similar. Thats one area where Traktor hands down bitch slaps Serato...

Interface wise - yes, Audio 10 vs Rane Hardware is similar.. What sets them apart is the actual program.. Traktors limiter and stereo spread is what makes it sound warmer, louder, and wider.
JD 5:08 AM - 10 January, 2012
Name a song with rolling bass that sounds bad in Serato... I will play it on both systems and record them so u can hear the difference...
combo808 5:33 AM - 10 January, 2012
Quote:
nothing like some confirmation bias.

Quote:

Key lock - yes it sucks, but from all accounts traktor's isn't much better.

vinyl response? really? Are you qbert, craze, or atrak? Do you even scratch? If you're doing dmc-level stuff i can see how that would matter, but if you're not then this is pretty moot.

midi out would certainly be nice on scratchlive as well as more robust midi implementation...

FX - yup, tracktor does this better but it's not like scratchlive's fx suck - and if you think they do, then you haven't actually dug too deep.

Yes, I beat juggle & scratch and do dmc level stuff. Serato is suppose to be a turntablist friendly product. The vinyl response needs to be improved. These small adjustments can make it a better product. Smart sync in SP-6 for SL would be more valuable to me then the bridge.
Dj Ace 6:07 AM - 10 January, 2012
everybody KNOW traktor's keylock is shit, especially when playing hip hop!!!
nik39 7:40 AM - 10 January, 2012
Quote:
Ill take Chris's word anyday:

"When it comes to sound quality, it’s a dead heat. Pushing the same track out of the Audio 10 and the SL4 into a mixer, I couldn’t hear a difference. The SNR of the NI cards is marginally higher, so to get the Rane interfaces to equal volume requires a miniscule gain tweak on the mixer, but clarity and sound reproduction differences aren’t so much subjective as they are conjecture: I consistently failed to identify which was which in a gain adjusted blind test, even when pitting the NI card’s 96kHz mode against the Rane’s 44.1kHz (although the SL4 also supports 96kHz). There’s a subtle difference in sound that I could probably train myself to identify, but the important part is that objectively the two manufacturers’ interfaces don’t sound better or worse than each other. Arguments for higher resampling rates are better placed when it comes to internal mixing and playback effects, and the jury’s still out on whether it makes a perceptible difference in the real world."

I'd bet that 99.99999% would fail to identify the Traktor Scratch Soundcard (A4/6/8/10) against the SL2/3/4 in a double blind test.
nik39 7:40 AM - 10 January, 2012
(Assuming that the gains have been matched.)
skratchworx 8:13 AM - 10 January, 2012
Quote:
I'd bet that 99.99999% would fail to identify the Traktor Scratch Soundcard (A4/6/8/10) against the SL2/3/4 in a double blind test.

I'd be willing to be that most people couldn't tell the difference between a 320K MP3, AIFF, WAV, CD or vinyl if played in a typical club environment.

The problem with so many tests is that people are sitting down in quiet lab-like conditions with audiophile gear, rather than sticky floored clubs with a shitty sound system designed to make your guts churn. I want results from real world tests.

But I think we already know what those results will be, but we cling onto the science and numbers to give us some sort of justification for our choices. It doesn't really matter - use what you want to use.

But I digress, as most of this thread has.
nik39 8:18 AM - 10 January, 2012
Quote:
The problem with so many tests is that people are sitting down in quiet lab-like conditions with audiophile gear,

I think even under these conditions the majority will not be able to distinguish the soundcards.
ekwipt 8:19 AM - 10 January, 2012
Exactly it's normally the gain and human perception of loudness always sounds better.

It's great that the NI soundcard can offer higher sampling rates, but no point when you are using it for DJing with when the most an audio file will be is 16/44. I basically only use AIFF now as I can set all my album art with a great program TRAINSPOTTER. Searches through Beatport and finds my songs BPM, key, album art, and tags.
SiRocket 8:37 AM - 10 January, 2012
this thread is about as intelligent as the master of the mix thread #smh
Dj Ace 8:42 AM - 10 January, 2012
hahahahahahaha!!!!
DJ Remy USA 11:20 AM - 10 January, 2012
Untrackinf this is stupid are DJs playling music or are we splitting nuetrons and electrons? All this traktor VS serato is sickening
BattleFunk 2:02 PM - 10 January, 2012
Quote:
Untrackinf this is stupid are DJs playling music or are we splitting nuetrons and electrons? All this traktor VS serato is sickening

Oh come on!

I come here every single day to watch the ego's run wild, don't spoil it for me by talking sense
Steve E Wunda 12:14 AM - 11 January, 2012
Thinking about giving TSP a spin. I have the Denon DNX1600 so the sound card is already in there. Question for Remy, JD, Goodkat, and others that use both systems. I have all my music stored in Itunes. Can I use the same library that I use for Scratch Live? Will the same cue points, saved loops, etc show up in either program or will I have to set up separate cues, etc for each DVS?
haze324 12:42 AM - 11 January, 2012
you can use the library --- but your cue points and stuff won't automatically transfer over. There is a database transfer tool that NI has posted somewhere that is supposed to do it though, I've never tried it.
Culprit 2:04 AM - 11 January, 2012
www.youtube.com <- Craze just realizing A-Trak is on TSP, Laidback Luke learning how to scratch
JD 4:38 AM - 11 January, 2012
Quote:
everybody KNOW traktor's keylock is shit, especially when playing hip hop!!!

Pick any song that sounds like utter shit in Serato and ill do a side by side comparison and post the findings...you'll hear for yourself that Traktors keylock isnt shit.
El_MaUri 5:17 AM - 11 January, 2012
Quote:
www.youtube.com <- Craze just realizing A-Trak is on TSP, Laidback Luke learning how to scratch

Quote:

I completely lost interest on the scratching when the young lady sat on the floor and the camera man zoomed out a bit... Haha

Como se dice... Dammnnn!
Hawwwttttiiieee!
deejayosa 5:42 AM - 11 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I completely lost interest on the scratching when the young lady sat on the floor and the camera man zoomed out a bit... Haha

Como se dice... Dammnnn!
Hawwwttttiiieee!

+uno
Free Man 1:59 PM - 11 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Como se dice... Dammnnn!
Hawwwttttiiieee!

I was surprised they kept playing... i would have been way too distracted. maybe even turned the music down and asked if i could record her too... only fair right?
ral 5:33 PM - 11 January, 2012
a-trak is still in the list...

serato.com
Mr. Goodkat 7:15 PM - 11 January, 2012
i notice the sound is rounder in ts2, but, and i don't know if it really matters, serato's sounds more true to a vinyl sound. while it may not matter to most, they are called digital vinyl systems. doing rewinds and such, its pretty easy to hear the difference.
Free Man 7:59 PM - 11 January, 2012
i'm curious what the big deal is with the new traktor control vinyl
serkan 8:44 PM - 11 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

It's not that simple to me.
If you buy TP only you can't use time code (like ITCH)
But you can upgrade (unlike ITCH)
But (again) somehow similiar because you need a dedicated soundcard (like SL)

And: If you buy TSP and use it without time code it's just wasted ressources.
So at the end I don't care if he has installed TSP if he only uses it with MIDI/HID control.

Quote:

i'm curious what the big deal is with the new traktor control vinyl

License!

Remember how NI always said they're mad about Serato because NI used to pay a fee for using the time code made by N2IT?
Now they finally managed to introduce their self made time code which is different from the N2IT so they don't need to pay for license fees anymore.
So I highly doubt you will see any difference in performance.
DjWoody 8:56 PM - 11 January, 2012
Quote:
a-trak is still in the list...

serato.com

So is Sasha and he doesn't use it.
Nicky Blunt 12:06 AM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

My Grandad has The Amazing Spiderman number 1 from 1963 in mint condition which will be mine when he passes probly wont sell them as there family items but didnt realise they had such value

amazing spiderman pt1 will be worth a fortune but amazing fantasy 14 which is his 1st appearance ever is currently worth about $1.2 million
DJ Dub Cowboy 4:52 AM - 12 January, 2012
from A-Traks Facebook

"or those interested, I use both Traktor and Serato now. To me it's like a guitarist who has a Les Paul and a Strat: both come in handy for different reasons."

/thread
nik39 8:55 AM - 12 January, 2012
Now that needs a few more words of explanations.
Code:E 9:45 AM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:

If only traktor did video and had the bridge. well i could do with the bridge i would sell my APC 40 and get a machine.
DJWALDO 11:40 AM - 12 January, 2012
One question.... why does anyone give on half a rat's ass which "celeb" dj is getting paid to use what?.....
MPC O.G. 12:01 PM - 12 January, 2012
Because that's what DJ A.M. would have done.
JD 1:59 PM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
from A-Traks Facebook

"or those interested, I use both Traktor and Serato now. To me it's like a guitarist who has a Les Paul and a Strat: both come in handy for different reasons."

/thread

Exactly... same with me. Sometimes its a game time decision when I get to the club. I carry both boxes with me and decide there.
nik39 2:26 PM - 12 January, 2012
And what makes you go... okay, today I will use TS... tomorrow SL.
DJ Bouj 2:42 PM - 12 January, 2012
So A-Trak chimed in on his use of SSL and Traktor
i.imgur.com
Culprit 6:54 PM - 12 January, 2012
it comes in handy when "i dont wanna take out my serato box, il use whatever the venue has to make things easier"... but then there is a writer.. hmmm damnit im stumped
Jiggy Flipp L.O.T 7:24 PM - 12 January, 2012
To me its like mac/windows. I have a mac but try to stay familiar with programs. Plus each has its benefits...........

Same thing with Serato/Traktor . Love Serato Scratch Live for a lot of reasons (nm) . But try to have basic (to say the least) knowledge of Traktor and Its features in case I'm in a situation where Traktors the only choice.
MPC O.G. 7:51 PM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
To me its like mac/windows. I have a mac but try to stay familiar with programs. Plus each has its benefits...........

Same thing with Serato/Traktor . Love Serato Scratch Live for a lot of reasons (nm) . But try to have basic (to say the least) knowledge of Traktor and Its features in case I'm in a situation where Traktors the only choice.

This man is thinking CORRECTLY.
DJ Remy USA 8:00 PM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
Thinking about giving TSP a spin. I have the Denon DNX1600 so the sound card is already in there. Question for Remy, JD, Goodkat, and others that use both systems. I have all my music stored in Itunes. Can I use the same library that I use for Scratch Live? Will the same cue points, saved loops, etc show up in either program or will I have to set up separate cues, etc for each DVS?

I have never used traktor live, I use itunes for my music so I can share between both but the cue points dont transfer. I have only used it in the house and I wasnt very fluid on it. I didnt like the GUI so I ditched it, to be honest I felt same way about ableton when it first came out I was a pro tools guys fast foward 10 years I have dropped pro tools completely and use ableton.
DJ Remy USA 8:03 PM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

This man is thinking CORRECTLY.

Name a situation where traktor or serato is the only choice. I travel with my audio interfaces so I can make my own choice. I have yet to see traktor installed at any venue if that starts to happen the change will be gradual enuff to accomodate the time to learn the software in and out
Jiggy Flipp L.O.T 8:11 PM - 12 January, 2012
I guess u only play on your equipment,at your venues ........ So you haven't encounter a situation which u have to adapt to the environment(Use whats there . That being Traktor). (nm)

Ignore my previous posts . Carry on
MPC O.G. 8:11 PM - 12 January, 2012
I was just pointing out that he is thinking like a DJ instead of a fanboy. You SHOULD be able to rock on more than one thing. Why is everybody so mad and emo about this? The two programs are coming closer and closer to each other. NI hired a assload of people to do video coding earlier this year. Itch has sync now. The GUI is gonna be the ONLY difference in the two, sooner than you think. Just MY observation.
Nicky Blunt 8:19 PM - 12 January, 2012
Pretty much that and when that happens it really will be down to user preference
Rebelguy 8:50 PM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:

amazing spiderman pt1 will be worth a fortune but amazing fantasy 14 which is his 1st appearance ever is currently worth about $1.2 million

Not to get all comic book geek on you but that price is only for that one particular AF 15 which is the highest CGC graded copy of the book. It is the only one in 9.6. There are a ton in 9.4. Not to say they won't be valuable but they are not going to get 1.1 million.
DJ Remy USA 9:33 PM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
I guess u only play on your equipment,at your venues ........ So you haven't encounter a situation which u have to adapt to the environment(Use whats there . That being Traktor). (nm)

Ignore my previous posts . Carry on

no I play on the equipment provided at the venue only time I bring my own equipment is when I do mobiles or I know the clubs gear is almost unusable. Never once have I been forced to use traktor....again when would I be in situation where I would be forced to use a DVS. I understand using CDJs or Turntables unless your toting your entire setup, Im probably one of the non vet DJs that can actual rock on whatever you put me in front of. I use to use Torq before I ever heard of serato before serato was even being installed in clubs.

so im asking when have you been in a situation were the event host/promoter/owner told you that you have to use a DVS or you cant spin?
aireyc 9:44 PM - 12 January, 2012
What is this nm/nh I've been seeing used excessively on here the past few weeks?
combo808 12:10 AM - 13 January, 2012
Still under contract...
DJ ENUF 1:08 AM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
What is this nm/nh, I've been peeing excessively on her the past few weeks!
DJ ENUF 1:15 AM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
What is this nm/nh, I've been peeing excessively on her the past few weeks!

One day it will all make sense young jedi!
DJ Remy USA 1:55 AM - 13 January, 2012
nm= nevermind
nh= no homo

I may be wrong but thats what I assume
BattleFunk 2:05 AM - 13 January, 2012
nm = no misquote
djsmuve415 2:18 AM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Name a situation where traktor or serato is the only choice. I travel with my audio interfaces so I can make my own choice. I have yet to see traktor installed at any venue if that starts to happen the change will be gradual enuff to accomodate the time to learn the software in and out

Got a 57 at my spot.... would hate coming in using Traktor. I mean yes, it's doable - but boy what a pain in the ass. I just come in every weekend - plug in - and go.
Rebelguy 2:45 AM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Got a 57 at my spot.... would hate coming in using Traktor. I mean yes, it's doable - but boy what a pain in the ass. I just come in every weekend - plug in - and go.

Very true but if they had a Pioneer DJM-900 or DJM-T1 you could do the same with Traktor. If you had Serato then you would have to deal with the hassle of hooking it up as well.

Not a Traktor user, just playing Devil's Advocate. Haha
JD 4:45 AM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:

Hooking up 4 pairs of RCA's isnt a pain the ass... Carrying 6 crates of records was a pain in the ass.. its like eating cheesecake now...lol
Rebelguy 5:06 AM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Carrying 6 crates of records was a pain in the ass.. its like eating cheesecake now...lol

Exactly.
blackavenger 5:17 AM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Very true but if they had a Pioneer DJM-900 or DJM-T1 you could do the same with Traktor

Yeah, having "Traktor Inside" of the DJM-900 was a major blow to the Serato/Rane line. I wouldn't be surprised if just about every major club has already upgraded to the 900....I know every club around here has, and I'm in the Redneck Riviera. Though a 900 paired w' a SL4 is one hell of a setup....best of both worlds ;)
reggae delgado 7:02 AM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Though a 900 paired w' a SL4 is one hell of a setup....best of both worlds ;)

Nooooooooo!!! There are actually three worlds: traktor, serato, and the AUDIENCE. For the audience's sake, pair a traktor soundcard with a Rane/serato mixer.
Code:E 7:05 AM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Hooking up 4 pairs of RCA's isnt a pain the ass... Carrying 6 crates of records was a pain in the ass.. its like eating cheesecake now...lol

+1
blackavenger 8:49 AM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Though a 900 paired w' a SL4 is one hell of a setup....best of both worlds ;)

Nooooooooo!!! There are actually three worlds: traktor, serato, and the AUDIENCE. For the audience's sake, pair a traktor soundcard with a Rane/serato mixer.

Either way, yeah. I haven't heard the Sixty-Eight hooked up to a large rig yet, so I can't comment on whether it sounds better than a 900. But realistically, more DJs are gonna request a 900 over a Sixty-Eight. So, you're probably better off just doing it the way I said to begin with.
Free Man 5:33 PM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Very true but if they had a Pioneer DJM-900 or DJM-T1 you could do the same with Traktor

Yeah, having "Traktor Inside" of the DJM-900 was a major blow to the Serato/Rane line. I wouldn't be surprised if just about every major club has already upgraded to the 900....I know every club around here has, and I'm in the Redneck Riviera. Though a 900 paired w' a SL4 is one hell of a setup....best of both worlds ;)

I'd be surprised... Clubs ar e cheap
phatbob 6:04 PM - 13 January, 2012
Exactly... I play for one of the most respected club 'estates' in the UK and their places are all still rocking 800s.

No venue I play would upgrade from an 800 to a 900 unless the 800 died...
blackavenger 6:11 PM - 13 January, 2012
^ well, I know of 3 clubs where I'm from that have already upgraded ^
Free Man 6:12 PM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Exactly... I play for one of the most respected club 'estates' in the UK and their places are all still rocking 800s.

No venue I play would upgrade from an 800 to a 900 unless the 800 died...

and they may just tell you to bring your own or rent one if they can't get you to find one.

they'll put more effort in to finding a used one than pay for the new one... lame cause they pull in enough to afford it easially...
djsmuve415 6:24 PM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

No - it isn't.. But in a very tight booth with no room - it is! And if there's another DJ who chances are is on Serato, even lamer. They had a A&H mixer in there before, & I used to dread setting up my SL1 box every week - once again, now plug in & go.
djsmuve415 6:29 PM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'd be surprised... Clubs are cheap

^This. not every DJ gets to play in a super club. Most of the clubs out here in the Bay Area have dilapidated equipment... Good luck trying to get a club owner/manager to get updated or new equip. They'd rather cut their leg off.
phatbob 7:57 PM - 13 January, 2012
Things maybe different in the States, but all the venues I play have DJs that play off vinyl/cd/scratch live/Traktor/Traktor scratch/USB/Itch.

No installer is going to spend out on something to make life easier for just 20% of their DJs.
phatbob 7:59 PM - 13 January, 2012
Actually, most installers I know don't care about making life easier for 100% of their DJs...
echa1945mf 8:02 PM - 13 January, 2012
well the club im residenting is just replacing the rane 68 in all 4 rooms with DJM900 + SL4 ....best of both world i think,now traktor user and ssl user can co-exist side by side LMAO!!!!
Maskrider 8:02 PM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

It would be a blow to SERATO if Tractor is easier to use than Scratchlive.
serkan 9:03 PM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Actually, most installers I know don't care about making life easier for 100% of their DJs...

+1 haha

I know it's sad but you're absolutely right.

btw:
I know clubs still rocking 600s
Most upgraded to 800s
I have seen a 900 only on pictures :)
Audio1 9:11 PM - 13 January, 2012
You girls sure have a lot of time on your hands to discuss one man's choice to rock 2 different DVS systems. (Serato Forum, Now on the Oprah Network)
Free Man 10:07 PM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
You girls sure have a lot of time on your hands to discuss one man's choice to rock 2 different DVS systems. (Serato Forum, Now on the Oprah Network)

You didnt see the previews for her show next week where she goes to the Traktor plants in China to show child labor? I'm watching for sure...
echa1945mf 10:20 PM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

+1 haha

I know it's sad but you're absolutely right.

btw:
I know clubs still rocking 600s
Most upgraded to 800s
I have seen a 900 only on pictures :)

thank god i lived in indonesia LMAO most clubs here are updated

here's a pic of unused DJM 900 in the Sound Engineer room that we use as a coaster for a bottle of smirnoff,next to it is a Rane 68 and 2 CDJ2000's LMAO !! : twitpic.com

this one a bit brighter , stacks of unused DJM 2000 and CDJ2000 's ,we got 4 unused Audio 10,just got 4 SL4 (in use) , 6 Technics (various models) ,about 5 CDJ 900,and shitloads of broken down 800 and CDJ 1000's : twitpic.com

come to indonesia ! the clubs here spoiled their DJ's LOLOLOLOL
echa1945mf 10:23 PM - 13 January, 2012
we got 5 areas 4 of em each using 4 CDJ2000 + DJM900 + SL4 (except the hiphop areas use 2 CDJ 2000's and 2 technics) one area still use rane 68 (plays video)

arent we indonesian DJ's are spoiled LOL
echa1945mf 10:27 PM - 13 January, 2012
and we dont fight over which one is better traktor or SSL coz we got it all covered,from flashdrives to dvs .... choose ur drug,plug n play .... LMAO!!
ekwipt 10:36 PM - 13 January, 2012
Where in Indonesia?
echa1945mf 10:37 PM - 13 January, 2012
Bali ....
DJ Remy USA 5:32 AM - 14 January, 2012
Quote:
Bali ....

book me please i will sleep on the floor...lol
ekwipt 6:36 AM - 14 January, 2012
Might be going to Bali!
DJ Jonasty 3:51 AM - 15 January, 2012
www.facebook.com

A trak in Aspen January 4th.
WarpNote 4:09 AM - 15 January, 2012
using a mbp 17 ?
blackavenger 4:11 AM - 15 January, 2012
Quote:
www.facebook.com

A trak in Aspen January 4th.

Quote:
using a mbp 17 ?

.....and with Traktor Scratch records ;)
WarpNote 4:21 AM - 15 January, 2012
Obviously... point being the "John Deere" is kinda busy/crammed on a mbp 15.
Got to admit, cause of this thread I borrowed a friends X1 and messed around with it for a while, didn't try control vinyl yet though, just routed the audio on the 68...
Sureshot (PA) 8:49 PM - 15 January, 2012
Quote:

Good point... let's expand the thread... what is Audio1 using theses days?

haha
Free Man 1:57 PM - 16 January, 2012
Saw a DJ last night, he tried dressed like A-trak.and tried to do A-Trak's Robot Rock routine to open... yeah... should have left it to A-Trak... After that it just went down hill with him playing what would sound like 4 drum and bass songs at the same time... and trying to mix in his try at other peoples routines...

The funny part was leaning to friends and saying he'll play ______ next, and being right lol.
DJ Remy USA 8:27 PM - 16 January, 2012
^^^^ but you got to be at least happy that he looks up to great DJ. Nothing wrong with mimicking a routine until you can come up with one on your own. But I guess the guy feel short cause it prolly sounded bad
[O/][iii][O/] 8:47 PM - 16 January, 2012
Quote:
The VCI 400 was made to work best with ITCH.

Incorrect. It SHOULD have been made to work with ITCH, but unfortunately the VCI400 only works with DJ Intro. Bizarre bizniss move :-/
WarpNote 8:49 PM - 16 January, 2012
Yeah, can't really understand why they didn't make the VCI400 to go with Itch.
Would be a nice upgrade from the VCI300. Wonder if Vestax has more in the works...
[O/][iii][O/] 8:52 PM - 16 January, 2012
lol at a home/hobbyist dropping $1K+ on a controller to run his/her entry-level DJ Intro software that wastes two extra decks, channels, etc.
Free Man 9:19 PM - 16 January, 2012
Quote:
^^^^ but you got to be at least happy that he looks up to great DJ. Nothing wrong with mimicking a routine until you can come up with one on your own. But I guess the guy feel short cause it prolly sounded bad

save the practicing for home... and to open a set up trying to do something that another DJ is known for is just tacky... build up to it or something... do it somewhere in the set to break things up... but as an opening part.... come on... lame sticker of the day
DJ Remy USA 3:44 AM - 17 January, 2012
^^^ agreed very lame but I get happy to see guys interested in turntablism. He just needs a good mentor, unfortunately the egos slot of these new school DJs have are just horrible I have trouble not choking the lil bastards
blackavenger 10:51 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
After that it just went down hill with him playing what would sound like 4 drum and bass songs at the same time

LOL.........I would've LOVED/HATED to have heard that.
blackavenger 10:56 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
The VCI 400 was made to work best with ITCH.

Incorrect. It SHOULD have been made to work with ITCH, but unfortunately the VCI400 only works with DJ Intro. Bizarre bizniss move :-/

It really is!! I mean, if you buy some top rated gear like the VCi-400, and find that you prefer Serato to Traktor or VirtualDJ, the only option you have is to sell it and buy an (arguably inferior) ITCH controller? How the fuck does that make any sense?
Res-Q 2:25 PM - 17 January, 2012
I cant wait to see what Serato comes up with, no matter what all people here thinks, one thing is for sure competition between companies is always good for the customers.

I am 100% Serato but I have nothing against other softwares or hardwares, I dont really care, as long as your good at what you do and people love it, u could still play off cassette decks I wouldnt care. What worries me though is all the new software and hardware makin it easyer for anybody to dj or become a dj, so it will open more doors to non-pro djs spinning for one beer a night.

I dunno if u guys seen this Watchwww.youtube.com
"Spring 2012 will bring another major innovation from the team behind TRAKTOR. In this exclusive preview, you can take a sneak peek at the new TRAKTOR software and controller -- and the birth of a groundbreaking new workflow. Stylish multi-color pads trigger loops and samples, allowing for on-the-fly remixing."
DJ Remy USA 4:12 PM - 17 January, 2012
the new traktor deal looks cool but If Im gonna go that route I have already made my investment in abelton and SSL over the years so Im good using the bridge one thing is for sure no matter what people choose you have to set beat grids no matter what, and people will still be using ableton to warp tracks no matter what traktor comes out with. Unless traktor is planning to go at ableton and SSL at the same time (i.e incorporating there own warping built into traktor) I doubt people will be running out to get traktor just to remix on the fly....

in short so much preparation goes into being able to remix on the fly so no matter what people are using your gonna have alot of prep time and a lot button pushing to remember in order to pull those kinds of sets off flawlessly
haze324 4:25 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
I doubt people will be running out to get traktor just to remix on the fly....

Yeah but cost will make it attractice. To use SLL and the Bridge I need a Rane Soundcard and Ableton + hardware. With Traktor you could potentially do this with one application a 200.00 version of Traktor Pro, a midi controller and a 100.00 Audio 2 soundcard. It will seem VERY attractive to some.
DjWoody 5:22 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:

Real EDM DJ's will. I'm not talking about your Guetta's & Afrojack's, but your Sasha's & Hawtin's will.
BattleFunk 5:37 PM - 17 January, 2012
what is a "Real EDM DJ" please?
[O/][iii][O/] 5:55 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
what is a "Real EDM DJ" please?

Pauly D
DJ Remy USA 5:58 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah but cost will make it attractice. To use SLL and the Bridge I need a Rane Soundcard and Ableton + hardware. With Traktor you could potentially do this with one application a 200.00 version of Traktor Pro, a midi controller and a 100.00 Audio 2 soundcard. It will seem VERY attractive to some.

I see your point but Im wondering how limited it be with the entry level traktor? In order for us to make a price comparison we would have to know what the new traktor thing is and what NI says you'll need to activate/use said new product. It may only be compatiable with there more expensive gear/software package as you know traktor likes to divided there software and hardware up much like serato is attempting to do now.

This is all going to be very interesting to see where this stuff is going to take DJing in 10 years its still so very new to most DJs.

If NI's aim is to take over the audio performance industry they are certianly doing everything in there power to monopolize the market much like how microsoft did in the early 90s. If so they have more competetors than serato they are going after M-aduio,Logic,Ableton, and SSL not mention all the sub compnents that each of these companies own. NI has a bigger picture they are after and I think they are after everything.
Rebelguy 6:23 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
NI has a bigger picture they are after and I think they are after everything.

Well said. I am curious as to how much of their profit is generated from their DJ Division vs their other software.
nik39 7:29 PM - 17 January, 2012
I bet their dj division also has huge costs as they seem to be buying a lot if artists.
Free Man 8:10 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
After that it just went down hill with him playing what would sound like 4 drum and bass songs at the same time

maybe he is good on other nights... but not impressed that night...

heres a pic to see if he looks familiar to anyone

www.thebaybridged.com
phatbob 8:20 PM - 17 January, 2012
Are you kidding with that photo?

Mike Relm is DOPE.

Old-school, too. Probably been cutting longer that A-Trak!

Tell me you're kidding.
Nater 8:23 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

maybe he is good on other nights... but not impressed that night...

heres a pic to see if he looks familiar to anyone

www.thebaybridged.com

ಠ_ಠ
Free Man 9:59 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:

Mike Relm is DOPE.

Tell me you're kidding.

he had great skills with some stuff and really only showed them off a few times... but i wasnt a fan of the 4 songs at a time that sounded like they were clashing. He really cleared the place out that night. Threw on some Beastie Boys, threw on some Rage, some stuff was great. But if he is as great as you say he is, that was an off night.

and... A-Trak has the Robot Rock down better

interesting though... he had a different last name name...
Steve E Wunda 10:18 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
I dont really care, as long as your good at what you do and people love it, u could still play off cassette decks I wouldnt care.

Watchwww.youtube.com
StreetFighta 10:22 PM - 17 January, 2012
StreetFighta 10:23 PM - 17 January, 2012
I dont slang or bang!

That diss was so nasty
dj_soo 10:26 PM - 17 January, 2012
All these kids thinking they're going to be the next live remixing master are going to buy the program, realize how much work is required to even do a 5 minute routine and just go back to auto syncing 2 tracks... By then ni already has their money tho I guess...
dj_soo 10:28 PM - 17 January, 2012
Oh yea, and Mike Relm is the shit - has blown my mind on multiple occasions...
phatbob 11:01 PM - 17 January, 2012
Nice video find there, StreetFighta!
StreetFighta 12:02 AM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:
Nice video find there, StreetFighta!

That was one of the vids that got me interested in djing
DJ Reflex 12:28 AM - 18 January, 2012
I used to DJ at a roller rink in the early 90's with tape decks. A buddy of mine helped me hack one to adjust the motor speed (kinda like pitch slider on 1200's). We could mix cassettes on a limited basis, but it took its toll on the tapes. (Stretched them out and stuff after a couple months.) Innovation where we saw a need!
Joshua Carl 12:53 AM - 18 January, 2012
Question is....

will be ever see

A-trak'tor

(had to say it)
DJ Reflex 1:50 AM - 18 January, 2012
She thinks my A-trak'tor's sexy!
Nicky Blunt 5:06 PM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:

Mike Relm is DOPE.

Tell me you're kidding.

THIS! Mike Relm is super talented. Been cutting longer than most too!
Nicky Blunt 5:12 PM - 18 January, 2012
Anyone know where i can get these ITF battles? Ive not seen most of them! I really hope someone can point me to some dvd's hit me up.
Joshua Carl 5:40 PM - 18 January, 2012
Actually...they were in VHS. I don't know if anyone ever converted them...espcially the older ones...
Free Man 5:49 PM - 18 January, 2012
I'm going to try to reconfirm... cause maybe it was someone who looked similar to him, and had the first name of Mike... cause I recognize the name, Mike Relm, but this guy didnt pull off a set that was even close to amazing
DJ_Phenom 2:49 AM - 19 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Mike Relm is DOPE.

Tell me you're kidding.

he had great skills with some stuff and really only showed them off a few times... but i wasnt a fan of the 4 songs at a time that sounded like they were clashing. He really cleared the place out that night. Threw on some Beastie Boys, threw on some Rage, some stuff was great. But if he is as great as you say he is, that was an off night.

and... A-Trak has the Robot Rock down better

interesting though... he had a different last name name...

A-trak is not the only DJ to do a robot rock routine. Craze also has a badass one that may have been done before his, but A-Trak is specifically known for that routine
Free Man 1:47 PM - 19 January, 2012
He has at least set a standard... So it is noticed if someone tries to do it, but it isnt clean. That is where much of the Sunday night DJ lacked... some cuts were great, but when someone cane match a beat and all of the songs played feel like they are fighting... that=fail.

everyone has bad nights, and if that was mike relm, i'd say that was a bad night for him.
Maskrider 2:18 PM - 19 January, 2012
Quote:
Would be a nice upgrade from the VCI300. Wonder if Vestax has more in the works...

Coz Vestax already have a VCI400 exclusively for ITCH.
WarpNote 12:20 AM - 20 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Does it work with itch? Vestax website only mentions DJ intro...
[O/][iii][O/] 2:14 AM - 20 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Huh? Where did you learn that?! Everything I've been able to see so far is that VCI-400 only works with DJ Intro (ridiculous for obvious reason I know).
nik39 10:30 AM - 24 January, 2012
Quote:
I made the same comment about NI timecode being tighter and better, but I think it's become an urban myth. This used to be the case, but a skratchworx reader pulled me on it, and after some testing and tweaking, I couldn't tell the difference - not even with slow drags.

The future for NI's timecode is brighter though, with new features coming along that will be enabled by their new timecode.

Which new features?
WarpNote 10:47 AM - 24 January, 2012
Gizmo is probably referring to the coming "Remix Decks" in TSP 2.5 - the sampler with vinyl control. Not a feature of the vinyl itself, but looks neat me thinks.. If Ableton only had backwards transport....
WarpNote 10:51 AM - 24 January, 2012
Got curious yesterday, and went through some of my CV collection. And I have to say not all CV's are created equal. Unfortunately I have legit CV's that perform worse than a well known bootleg. And the "hit it & miss it" CV2.5 does seem to track better than the other ones...
WarpNote 10:52 AM - 24 January, 2012
Quote:
Gizmo is probably referring to the coming "Remix Decks" in TSP 2.5 - the sampler with vinyl control. Not a feature of the vinyl itself, but looks neat me thinks.. If Ableton only had backwards transport....

Oh, I forgot the link... Watchwww.youtube.com
WarpNote 10:53 AM - 24 January, 2012
Fast fwd to 4:57
nik39 10:54 AM - 24 January, 2012
Quote:
Got curious yesterday, and went through some of my CV collection. And I have to say not all CV's are created equal. Unfortunately I have legit CV's that perform worse than a well known bootleg. And the "hit it & miss it" CV2.5 does seem to track better than the other ones...

I read different results. Some said that the CV2.5 seems to be quite bad.
WarpNote 11:22 AM - 24 January, 2012
What can I say, try for yourself... both quick and slow drags works better on my 1210's....
nik39 11:33 AM - 24 January, 2012
Nah.. won't open them ;)

It would be interesting to see a comparison of the calibration circles. CV02 compared to CV02,5.

I know that the circles on the CV02 with the Serato stamp are considerably smaller than on the CV02 without the Serato stamp, therefore they are lower in volume.
WarpNote 12:15 PM - 24 January, 2012
Quote:
Nah.. won't open them ;)

That's sad, ever seen Toy Story? The toys needs to come out to play... :D
nik39 12:18 PM - 24 January, 2012
I shall send you a pic of my toy room.

Enough toys to keep me excited for the next 5 years ;)
WarpNote 2:05 PM - 24 January, 2012
Haha!!
AIRX ONE 3:39 PM - 24 January, 2012
this is a year old but thought id add some fuel to the fire lol youtu.be
nik39 4:03 PM - 24 January, 2012
Quote:
Haha!!

Actually i wanted to write: i wish i had time to play with the toys. But that sounds as sad aas my initial comment. :( priorities. :(
DJ Remy USA 6:19 PM - 24 January, 2012
Quote:

Jazzy still rocks SSL tho, traktor isnt bad software but most already have there workflow for what they use. I would hate having to do all those cue points and saved loops over again.
AIRX ONE 7:21 PM - 24 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Jazzy still rocks SSL tho, traktor isnt bad software but most already have there workflow for what they use. I would hate having to do all those cue points and saved loops over again.

i know i don't care how uses what ... i really like ssl .. i just thought id post the link so maybe some people could see that we all try stuff
Mr. Goodkat 7:25 PM - 24 January, 2012
from my use so far, traktor is like that girl thats really hot, but not near as comfortable as the girl you really like. that being said i sold my twitch and am buying a s4, for the second time. the first time i couldn't get my head around the traktor thing.
blackavenger 7:40 PM - 24 January, 2012
Quote:
from my use so far, traktor is like that girl thats really hot, but not near as comfortable as the girl you really like. that being said i sold my twitch and am buying a s4, for the second time. the first time i couldn't get my head around the traktor thing.

haha....nice analogy.
Mr. Goodkat 7:44 PM - 24 January, 2012
www.facebook.com

plz dont cry when you see no rane hardware in sight. and a pioneer/traktor mixer and soundcard in one place.
sacrilicious 7:52 PM - 24 January, 2012
^ Old news
blackavenger 11:34 PM - 24 January, 2012
www.facebook.com

So being that he is on a DJM-900, why is he hooked up to an Audio10? Isn't the mixer's internal Traktor Soundcard good enough? This is an honest inquiry. Has anyone used a DJM-900 w' Traktor? Is it buggy or something?
Mr. Goodkat 11:46 PM - 24 January, 2012
i was thinking that too. does the 900s have midi? i was thinking that was why
echa1945mf 7:19 AM - 25 January, 2012
Quote:
www.facebook.com

So being that he is on a DJM-900, why is he hooked up to an Audio10? Isn't the mixer's internal Traktor Soundcard good enough? This is an honest inquiry. Has anyone used a DJM-900 w' Traktor? Is it buggy or something?

buggy as hell , timecode system sucks on the DJM900 , you can actually feel the delay (unresponsiveness)
echa1945mf 7:19 AM - 25 January, 2012
and the setup was a pain in the ass #DJM900 #Traktor
WarpNote 7:41 AM - 25 January, 2012
Quote:
www.facebook.com

plz dont cry when you see no rane hardware in sight. and a pioneer/traktor mixer and soundcard in one place.

SL3 USB cable ;)
nik39 9:34 AM - 25 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
www.facebook.com

buggy as hell , timecode system sucks on the DJM900 , you can actually feel the delay (unresponsiveness)

Didn't know this.
blackavenger 9:57 AM - 25 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Has anyone used a DJM-900 w' Traktor? Is it buggy or something?

Didn't know this.

Neither did I.....and this is surprising because my Korg Zero4 that I purchased 5 years ago did Traktor Scratch certification flawlessly! Not Good! The Denon X-1600/1700 also do a GREAT job!! I would be PISSED if I bought the DJM-900 solely for use with Traktor Scratch!!!

This is getting ridiculous. When are these companies going to get shit right before they release a product? We've all given in too much w' this "early adopter = BETA Tester" bullshit!!
djchrischip 6:49 AM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
serato are going downhill anyhow,
buggy releases, ignoring feature requests,
its funny a company which has the best time stretching software cannot get the key lock perfect on serato, the bridge this and that yet i cant say i know anyone that uses it, vsl went to shit when the guy that made it left and made his own better version mix emergency,
developing twitch with novation and no one realising hey the volume is way too low, but you thought everyone would overlook that issue

serato hit a home run with serato at the start but have gotten fat and lazy since then and it may be time to retire or reinvent the company,
the marketing is a joke i've never seen serato advertised anywhere, they isolate the celebs by giving them vip treatment aka white vinyl (something i commend native instruments for not doing)

sad truth
Laz219 12:51 PM - 23 May, 2012
I've never understood why the perception is that NI/Serato need to be at eachothers throats, matching eachother feature for feature.

I use Scratch Live because I still just use two decks and a mixer, at the most I'll occasionally use the sampler. I've still never had SSL crash.

There's no denying that Traktor is leading for features right now and if you use them great.

In the end we're all completely free to choose what we want out of our software.
Free Man 1:26 PM - 23 May, 2012
I havent seen the latest of trakror, but it sure use to be ugly... Serato has always been easy to look at.
Laz219 2:43 PM - 23 May, 2012
Traktor 2.0 did look a lot better, plus was adjustable. Clean layout was never a strong point though.