Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

a file named "DG1__DS_DIR_HDR" shows up in most of my music folders

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6 +
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
wellzz 5:26 PM - 23 August, 2011
Product: itch
Version: 2.0.0
Hardware: numark-ns6||no-fx-controller
Computer: pc
OS Version: win764
---

a file named "DG1__DS_DIR_HDR" shows up in most of my music folders and subfolders. I don't remember it there before I installed Itch. is this file part of itch somehow?
Serato
Phibs 3:55 AM - 30 August, 2011
Hey wellz,

No, this folder is not created by ITCH. You might want to run an anti virus software to check if it's malicious.

Let me know if you have any other question

cheers.

Phibs
wellzz 3:41 AM - 31 August, 2011
A tech friend of mine said that the file might have been added to my music folder by Apple when I connected my external hard drive (which I use on my pc) to a Mac while swapping some music files. Does anyone here sharing an external HDD between PC and Mac have any files that look like that?
Serato
Phibs 4:39 AM - 31 August, 2011
I do that from time to time and I have never seen such a folder. Have you scanned for viruses yet?
wellzz 10:16 AM - 31 August, 2011
Yes the first thing I did was scan for viruses and malware. Both scans came up negative. Btw, this is not a folder that's set up but rather a file inside my music folders. Its very small in size. Its just sitting there next to the other mp3 files.
Serato
Phibs 4:14 AM - 2 September, 2011
Hm, the file has nothing to do with ITCH. Even if you google it, you don't really find anything about it.

Sorry if I can't be any bigger help

Phibs
5:00 AM, 16 Sep 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.