Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

German "Umlaute" (ä ö ü...)

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Allen & Heath Xone:DX +
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
DJ-Sven 7:13 PM - 9 January, 2011
Product: itch
Version: 1.7.1
Hardware: allen-heath-xonedx||no-fx-controller
Computer: pc
OS Version: win764
---

It is not possible to search for Tracks with "Umlauten" inside (e.g. searching for the Bandname "Höhner" - no matches found). Also a wildcard search like "H*hner" is not possible.

What could I do?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:59 AM - 12 January, 2011
Hey DJ-Sven,

You should be able to search for characters like this within ITCH. Are you searching within a crate or in the "all" crate? Could you try find this track manually, copy the artist name from the tag and paste it into the search box and let me know if it finds it?
DJ-Sven 7:57 PM - 12 January, 2011
When I copy the name from the tag and paste it into the search, it can find it.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:43 PM - 12 January, 2011
Strange, so when you type the name of the artist in it wont show, but if you copy it in it will?

Could you upload a track for us to test here?

Cheers,

Sam.
Kmxorbit 11:04 PM - 12 January, 2011
Samuel,
I've reported the same issue already in the public beta tests.

There is also another issue. In my country we have an AZERTY keyboard. for searching the "tiësto" and making the "ë" in that name, I need to press "Shift+^" and "e" then to get "ë".
However: the result is some chinese character. So I also do not find Tiësto in my library.
DJ-Sven 6:31 AM - 27 January, 2011
Sorry, that it lasts so long, but I was on holiday ...

I found out, that Itch could not work with the Capital letters. The entry for e.g. "Höhner" is correctly "HÖHNER". When I search for "hÖhner" or "HÖHNER" the result is ok, only when I search for "Höhner" nothing can be found.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:37 PM - 27 January, 2011
Are you able to please upload this track so we can test this out here?

Cheers,

Sam.
12:07 AM, 31 Jan 2011
dj-nice attached a file: Höhner - Viva Colonia (Da Simmer Dabei - Dat Is Prima).mp3
Download· Permalink
dj-nice 12:08 AM - 31 January, 2011
attached this File. Its an ITCH-unscanned Version
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:40 PM - 1 February, 2011
Hey guys,

It looks like this is a bug. I will notify the development team and hopefully they can look at fixing this for an upcoming release :)

Apologies for the frustration in the meantime.

Sam.
DJ-Sven 3:27 PM - 9 February, 2011
Thanks Alex and Samuel S
DJ-Sven 6:56 PM - 4 August, 2012
After a long time and a lot of updates I want to ask, when this problem will be fixed?
Serato, Support
David Wood 11:42 PM - 5 August, 2012
Hey DJ Sven,

The support staff that helped you with this issue in the past are no longer working in support however i've picked it up and done a bit of digging for you. I've downloaded the file from this thread and used the search in Serato Scratch Live 2.4.2 (Which is the latest Serato release). I search 'Hohner' and the song came up instantly! I then tried using ITCH 2.2 which is the latest version of ITCH released. It didn't work. I found out that it was fixed in Scratch Live 2.3, I've log it and have let the CRT team know it also needs to be updated in ITCH. Thank you for the update and hope to bring you a fix for this in an upcoming release. Sorry it was overlooked.

Regards
Dave W
12:00 AM, 20 Aug 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.