Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

How to route SL audio through Live audio effects?

Product
The Bridge
Version
Ableton
Scratch Live
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
tchan 9:45 PM - 30 September, 2010
Product: thebridge
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.4
---

Hi there,

Is it possible to route audio from Serato decks through Live devices? Perhaps by setting up device chains with dummy clips? Basically we're trying to access Live's audio effects to colour our scratches ;-)

Thanks in advance for any tips or guidance.

Cheers!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:05 AM - 6 October, 2010
Hi tchan,

Sorry for the delay in reply, we've had some problems with The Bridge help area on the forum.

It is not currently possible to route audio from Serato Scratch Live into Ableton Live.

Thanks!
tchan 2:36 AM - 6 October, 2010
No worries Michael, thanks for responding :)
Just curious if there's any future plans to integrate Live's effects with SL? I think this would flip a lot of wigs!
Anyway, I also posted this as a feature request but I thought I'd try my luck at asking you guys directly ;-)

Cheers,

Trevor
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:05 AM - 7 October, 2010
Hey Trevor,

I'm afraid I can't reveal anything that we're working on as I don't really know myself. But I agree, it would be cool :D
felony trance 4:45 PM - 7 October, 2010
Quote:
Hi there,

Is it possible to route audio from Serato decks through Live devices? Perhaps by setting up device chains with dummy clips? Basically we're trying to access Live's audio effects to colour our scratches ;-)

Thanks in advance for any tips or guidance.

Cheers!

pretty sure s4racen has done this. I thought he had done this because he does not have a mixer.

Head over to the ableton forum and find his videos. I think he may have used MFL, but I can't recall.

Here ya go

thestudiosessions.co.uk

check out his bridge video and you can see what he managed. He did it via a motu. He did not use MFL to pull it off just to make it better.