DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Who's using turntables for mobile gig's?

jroc453 6:19 PM - 21 April, 2010
Right now I own (2) CDJ 1000 MK3's and just bought (2) TTX turntables because I started on turntables in 97. I love the way serato feels on TT's over the CDJ's. I have been doing mobile gigs for 7 yrs and have been using the CDJ's with serato. I use a Dell laptop that runs ok with Serato but really want a MBP. The only way I can get the MBP is for me to sell the CDJ's though. I have flight cases for both right now. Do any of you use your TT's on mobile gigs? Cuz the only reason I would keep them would be for my mobile gigs. I never used TT's on mobile gigs though. Should I sell them and get my MBP and use my TT's on the gigs?
djbigboy 6:21 PM - 21 April, 2010
I use TT's on mot of my mobile gigs. I just prefer the touch even though its 100% heavier...I have a cdj set up, but I only use it in certain circumstances, like if I know there are stairs, etc...
jroc453 6:26 PM - 21 April, 2010
Thanks bro... I would hate to let them go... :-( but the way I am looking at it is... I would not use them that much if I can use the TT's. I would get a lot of use out of the mac though.
dirtyonekanobi 6:28 PM - 21 April, 2010
same here, I love the control on TTs - heavy as CRAP though. I had a coffin, and switch to flight cases, that helps a bit with the weight & packing.
jroc453 6:28 PM - 21 April, 2010
Have you had any issues when being on a stage that people dance on? Like having it wobble and the needle jumping?
jroc453 6:30 PM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
same here, I love the control on TTs - heavy as CRAP though. I had a coffin, and switch to flight cases, that helps a bit with the weight & packing.

I have two separate flight cases for them. So weight should be ok.
terrible1fi 6:38 PM - 21 April, 2010
serato on 1200's is def the way to go. and we're all men here, 20 lbs extra here and there is nothing
Maskrider 6:40 PM - 21 April, 2010
Before I got ITCH I used to log 2 TT and a mixer.
Discobee 6:57 PM - 21 April, 2010
CDJs for mobile gigs, weddings, corporate parties....because you can burn MP3 discs as backup, or just play a disc of background music when live mixing is not necessary. Plus there's MIDI on some of the newer CDJs now. TT's are just too bulky to lug around, although the feel is better. But now that I have a pair of Denon DNS 3700, I have the best of both world.
dirtyonekanobi 6:57 PM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
I have two separate flight cases for them. So weight should be ok.

You're good then homie, I say go for it!
DJ DECK 7:00 PM - 21 April, 2010
2 12's and mixer in a coffin. The only wire I need to hook up is the power source. It's convenient for unpacking and packing.
OB One 7:14 PM - 21 April, 2010
I use Turntables for mobile gigs where it is appropriate (Weddings, Proms, Parties with a younger more energetic crowd). For the gigs where DJing Djing isnt as important (i.e. Corprate events, baby showers) I have a small duel CD player set up. The duel player is only $400 and I use it maybe 3-5 times a year but its great not to have to lug my TT to gigs where its not necessary.

PS I sold my CDJ800's for 1200's bout 8 months ago... Best decison I ever made.
Djaward 7:19 PM - 21 April, 2010
Turn tables here. Ive used cdjs at clubs and I hate it. So I bring my own TTs.
jroc453 7:25 PM - 21 April, 2010
Wow guys... Thanks!!! I just got approved for the credit card @ Apple!!!!!! I have 12 months no intrest. so I really have a year to sell them. Thats what I'm gonna do. Thanks again everyone...
DJ Jonasty 7:30 PM - 21 April, 2010
I'd keep your CDJ's. You'll regret it if you sell them. Plus they aren't making the MK3's anymore, so if you change your mind that will suck. I got tired of broken needles and dust bunnies and pitch flutter so I stick with CDJ's now; Personal choice though.
djbigboy 8:15 PM - 21 April, 2010
I was thinking of selling my cdjs too, but its worked out keeping them, even if I don't use them often, they have been clutch in terms of backups....
djransom 9:38 PM - 21 April, 2010
I take my turntables anywhere where I have to bring my own equipment. I need to replace my flight cases though.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:39 PM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
I take my turntables anywhere where I have to bring my own equipment. I need to replace my flight cases though.

+1
BERTO 10:37 PM - 21 April, 2010
turntables here for mobile
djfrequency 10:43 PM - 21 April, 2010
i take my tables everywhere i have them in a coffin. its always takes 2 ppl to carry them in but i never to have to unplug my mixer,tables just close the lid and roll out!
sixxx 11:00 PM - 21 April, 2010
I use turntables for any DJ occasion. I just prefer them even if they're bulkier/heavier than CDJ's. CDJ's just won't ever compare to a turntable.... so, turntables it is for total control and manipulation.

Separate cases make carrying and transporting them a lot easier.
clore46 11:24 PM - 21 April, 2010
I use ttx's for mobile as well with a ttm57. Usually do 2-5 parties a weekend. I also have a Denon dn-hc5000 itch controller and dn-x500 mixer for smaller gigs.
SeanJ 11:59 PM - 21 April, 2010
flogged my CDJ's for TT's 'bout 2 years ago and jumped straight into serato - used to use TT's some 10 yrs previous - won't go back to CDJ's - though they undoubtedly have their place, in a box somewhere! lol, no seriously of course they have some situations suited to them more than TT's.
Dj Farhan 12:37 AM - 22 April, 2010
if its a 18yr old bday party, i dont, just take my rmx and work with vdj, if it is a nice event/wedding/big bday party, hell yeah i am lugging em all and using serato.
ZESH! 12:47 AM - 22 April, 2010
2 - 1200s, mixer, SSL box, all in one Coffin. 98 pounds!
Never disconnect, quick setup.
ALWAYS comes with me to my mobile gigs
As long as I can haul 'em up the stairs and back into the Truck, It's all good
jroc453 12:51 AM - 22 April, 2010
Thanks Guy's Your awesome.... I just bought the MBP:

MacBook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
15.4-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
4GB memory
250GB hard drive
8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
SD card slot
Built-in 7-hour battery
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics
Illuminated keyboard

But... It only has 2 USB ports and I need 3... (1) SL1 (1) ext hd, & (1) Kontrol X1 midi controller. Can I use a hub for the HD and midi controler?
DJDDT 12:53 AM - 22 April, 2010
I have a pair of TTX's that I use for mobile gigs, and I have a pair of 1200's that I don't use. I'm probably never gonna buy CD turntables, and I'd LOVE to have an NS7. If you love the feel of turntables, use them. Having a good feel will always result in you playing better at the gig. Why not always go for the higher-end result?
jroc453 12:56 AM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
I have a pair of TTX's that I use for mobile gigs, and I have a pair of 1200's that I don't use. I'm probably never gonna buy CD turntables, and I'd LOVE to have an NS7. If you love the feel of turntables, use them. Having a good feel will always result in you playing better at the gig. Why not always go for the higher-end result?

I had to use the NS7's last night and hated them... Platter was way to small.
DJ'Que 12:59 AM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:

4GB memory
250GB hard drive
SD card slot
Built-in 7-hour battery
Illuminated keyboard

But... It only has 2 USB ports and I need 3... (1) SL1 (1) ext hd, & (1) Kontrol X1 midi controller. Can I use a hub for the HD and midi controler?
go firewire with your external.
jroc453 1:08 AM - 22 April, 2010
Really?? Big difference? I want a rock solid laptop. Do the specs look good to run serato w/o any issues? I have never used a Mac...this should be fun...lol
DJLRock 1:58 AM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:

4GB memory
250GB hard drive
SD card slot
Built-in 7-hour battery
Illuminated keyboard

did you buy that used? or a leftover? they're all i5's and i7's now
sixxx 2:20 AM - 22 April, 2010
1. You can use a hub if you need more USB's.... just don't use a hub for SSL.
2. Firewire is great BUT USB external works fine EVEN FOR VIDEOS. I have tried both. I haven't had any issues with either. I used firewire externals for 2 years. Now I'm on my 5th month of using usb external BOTH while playing videos. No issues.

The big difference is really when you're backing up or transferring files. Firewire > USB 2.0.
SK1 7:07 AM - 22 April, 2010
It really depends on the gig... most of the time I use my Denon DN-S1000 set up for mobiles, and keep the 1200's at home. For those events that I want to go all out, I bring the 1200's. My technics are in seperate flight cases, and my cd players are in a coffin.

I originally had the 1200's in a coffin, but it was heavy as hell and I didn't fit in my car. I always had to borrow a truck to transport everything. The coffin had wheels, but I couldn't roll it where I live. All the noise would wake up all the neighbors, so I would have to carry it up the 2 flights of stairs and into my apt after every gig.

Sunday I have a gig where I'm bringing the cd coffin set up. Last year I did this gig with the 1200's, and barely finished setting up on time. I'm hoping the cd coffin set up will make a big enough difference in time so I can relax a bit.
jroc453 12:12 PM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

4GB memory
250GB hard drive
SD card slot
Built-in 7-hour battery
Illuminated keyboard

I bought it on the Apple refurbished site for 1350.00. I don't trust the "i" chips yet with Serato.

did you buy that used? or a leftover? they're all i5's and i7's now
jroc453 12:22 PM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
2. Firewire is great BUT USB external works fine EVEN FOR VIDEOS. I have tried both. I haven't had any issues with either. I used firewire externals for 2 years. Now I'm on my 5th month of using usb external BOTH while playing videos. No issues.

The big difference is really when you're backing up or transferring files. Firewire > USB 2.0.

Should it be a powered USB hub? I have a non powered hub that I can try. I can plug the SL1 into a direct USB port and plug the HD and Kontrol X1 into the hub. How will I know if it wont work? will I get USB dropouts if I have It plugged that way. I just want to have my USB buffer set to zero. That was the main reason for me getting the MBP. I heard that most MBP users are able to set it to zero. I hope this is true.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:37 PM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Should it be a powered USB hub? I have a non powered hub that I can try. I can plug the SL1 into a direct USB port and plug the HD and Kontrol X1 into the hub. How will I know if it wont work? will I get USB dropouts if I have It plugged that way. I just want to have my USB buffer set to zero. That was the main reason for me getting the MBP. I heard that most MBP users are able to set it to zero. I hope this is true.

i used to use a unpowered USB hub and had 0 issues, i upgraded to a powered just because for piece of mind but i dont think its encessary for midi controllers
jroc453 1:40 PM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i used to use a unpowered USB hub and had 0 issues, i upgraded to a powered just because for piece of mind but i dont think its encessary for midi controllers

Bezzle... I thought you were a PC guy too?
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:42 PM - 22 April, 2010
where the hell would you get a crazy idea like that
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:42 PM - 22 April, 2010
i LOOOOOVVVEEEEEEEEEE my macpro
jroc453 2:07 PM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
i LOOOOOVVVEEEEEEEEEE my macpro

LOL... my bad bro.
dj-freestyle 5:04 PM - 22 April, 2010
Just be careful in some places that are older dust is a huge issue and can catch every 20 seconds on tt's, thats the only issue ive run into.
theJAV 6:41 PM - 24 April, 2010
stillllllll with my 1200s ...... fucka dang CDJ lol
DJS/R 7:01 PM - 24 April, 2010
I rock 1200's for everything! And about 60% of of my business is mobile gigs.
Turn Table Tennis 10:48 PM - 24 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i think bez is two people using the same name sometimes. there are times where i can actually read his posts and see that he thinks rationally. other times it reads like a 5 year old with A.D.D. is writing.
that goes for his gear preferences too. he might have said he was a PC guy just to stir some shit up with a mac fan boy he doesn't like. haha.
C. William 8:21 AM - 25 April, 2010
back on topic..

i keep thinking i want a lighter, more portable option for mobile gigs...but then i just tell myself to stop being a pussy and just use my goddamn 1200s like an adult male is supposed to
djfrequency 6:17 PM - 25 April, 2010
hahahaha yeah
ral 5:36 PM - 26 April, 2010
+1
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:38 PM - 26 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i think bez is two people using the same name sometimes. there are times where i can actually read his posts and see that he thinks rationally. other times it reads like a 5 year old with A.D.D. is writing.
that goes for his gear preferences too. he might have said he was a PC guy just to stir some shit up with a mac fan boy he doesn't like. haha.

LMFAO
jroc453 7:07 PM - 26 April, 2010
My MBP will be at my door tomorrow.... Hurry up UPS!!!
jmlbrns45 1:14 PM - 6 April, 2011
i use 2 stanton t62b turntables for all my gigs along with serato. i just like that feel with the vinyl turntables even though i'm a beginner dj.
HandsomeRobDJ 3:02 PM - 6 April, 2011
I run 1200's. I had one big coffin that held everything and it was just too big. Single coffins are easier to carry around but they just have a hole to pull wires through. So I finally built my own coffins and built terminals onto them so I just plug an xlr and an extension cord into the coffin and I'm ready to rock. It was expensive and a huge task but the ability to set up or tear down a mobile gig in 1/3 the time makes it well worth it.
Zero Day 4:31 PM - 6 April, 2011
1200's anyday..
DJWarrenKelly 5:19 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
I run 1200's. I had one big coffin that held everything and it was just too big. Single coffins are easier to carry around but they just have a hole to pull wires through. So I finally built my own coffins and built terminals onto them so I just plug an xlr and an extension cord into the coffin and I'm ready to rock. It was expensive and a huge task but the ability to set up or tear down a mobile gig in 1/3 the time makes it well worth it.

Need to see pics of this please ;)
Logisticalstyles 6:53 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

How heavy is the coffin and what type of materials did you use to build it?
jmlbrns45 7:06 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

The only reason why i don't have 1200s currently is because i don't have the money right now to get them. They are indeed the best turntables though.
HandsomeRobDJ 1:07 PM - 9 April, 2011
I got all of the coffin hardware from a place in Hollywood that sells on the net called Reliable Hardware (google it). These guys are absolutely the coolest people I have ever bought anything from. Their prices are the lowest, their shipping is cheap and fast, and if you call them they are hella cool.

I got the electronic stuff I needed from a place called Parts Express in Dayton, Ohio. They have a good selection and the prices are cheap.

Besides that I just used regular stuff like plywood and electrical junction boxes from the local Home Depot.

I'll try to get some pics and post in here soon. : )
MexiKanMan 4:13 PM - 9 April, 2011
If you're looking to cut weight, try instant-doubles. I'm so use to using just one TT that even when I set-up two, I find myself ignoring one side the whole night...
StreetFighta 4:16 PM - 9 April, 2011
Quote:
If you're looking to cut weight, try instant-doubles. I'm so use to using just one TT that even when I set-up two, I find myself ignoring one side the whole night...

I usually spin on a single deck all the time. got midi buttons to throw the track to the right or left deck and one to reverse inputs. I can pretty much do everything I need to do outside of complex juggles i guess....and I cant do those anyway haha
DJ Quartz 4:23 PM - 9 April, 2011
Depending on the gig I will use the NS7 instead but I mostly use turntables + 57SL.
Sureshot (PA) 8:13 AM - 10 April, 2011
every time. 2 MK5s and a DJM-800 in a coffin. i use a dolly because it's too heavy to lift alone. and i think DJs that do gigs with TTs in separate flight cases are crazy! having to wire everything up before a gig would get old fast. especially with extras like midi controllers and dicers... not to mention all the extra wear and tear on the connections.

the idea of a single TT makes sense to me though. i feel like i could rock out on instant doubles. i need someone to make a coffin that fits one TT and a 12" mixer though! haha.. with a cupholder and a dicer bracket on the other side!
DJ metaphor 9:16 AM - 10 April, 2011
Quote:
and i think DJs that do gigs with TTs in separate flight cases are crazy!

I'm officially crazy then! 2 MK5s, mixer, + SL1 to every gig I go to.

Sometimes ill only do 1 TT. But if its anything other then a house party ill do 2.
dj_soo 11:14 AM - 10 April, 2011
did my first mobile gig with the VCI 300 tonight - man it's so much easier than with decks :p
HandsomeRobDJ 1:42 PM - 10 April, 2011
Based on my personal experience plus the bitching I've heard in here over and over about the flood of rookie ass wanna be DJ's because of the progression of DJ equipment into the I.T. world I gotta get on board with Metaphor.

I live in Phoenix and I just got married in Cincinnati. It was my wedding so I wasn't gonna play the music myself, so I hired a local radio DJ. I talked to her on the phone and made sure she knew core DJ skills like scratching and beat matching and we made the playlist and all that. The chick showed up with nothing but a laptop dressed to advertise the fact that she was the butch and she brought her bitch (if you're familiar with the cliche). I'm way open to alternative lifestyles and all that but it's my effing wedding. If you wanna spend your life at home dressed as a zebra I don't have a problem with that but don't show up in full garb like it's some kind of freak fest. And she only brought was a laptop and ran VDJ. I was so pissed. I could have set up a WMP playlist and had somebody else sit behind a table dressed like a clown for free! I asked her if she knew how to scratch, beat match, and all other core DJ skills. She said she did then showed up with a laptop?

I take "two turntables and a microphone" to every show because I'm a real DJ. I make money playing gigs because I not only sound, but also look like a real DJ. When anyone, and I mean anyone, thinks of a DJ isn't the first thing that comes to their head two turntables and a mixer? I'm just saying that after my wedding I have to finally agree with all the bitchers in here and say that the game is really getting dragged down by half-ass wanna be DJ's. I guess even some of the ones on the radio.
I know a lot has changed with midi and serato and cdj's and etc etc but in America the concept of a DJ that has been built in everyone's head is somebody standing behind a pair of decks and a crossfader. And based on that concept every wanna be or even real DJ that shows up to a gig short of that is kinda making him or herself look like a half-asser even if you're not.

I'm officially crazy too!
Real DJs do Real Things.

I'm officially crazy then! 2 MK5s, mixer, + SL1 to every gig I go to.

Sometimes ill only do 1 TT. But if its anything other then a house party ill do 2.
HandsomeRobDJ 1:45 PM - 10 April, 2011
I tried to put a quote there but it obviously got all jacked up.
DJ Quartz 3:15 PM - 10 April, 2011
Quote:
<div class="small">[b][/b]

I must be insane then because I would never use a coffin. I have cases for my decks and mixer.

And my mixer case doubles as my laptop stand.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:27 PM - 10 April, 2011
Damn HandsomeRobDJ - that is kinda fucked up about your wedding, did you pay her/him more than $750 (plus you said Radio DJ so add on extra for that). How was her beatmixing - I know Virtual DJ does sync - most important - did your guests have a good time?

My saturday gig is at a Bar that has a DJ from 5-10pm that spins with ITCH and VCI-300 and I lug in my 1200's and spin from 10p-2am - I pop in a Cd while we do the switch. I have the VCI-300 and ITCH but just love 1200's - I guess it is worth the extra time and trouble to drag those in there weekly and rock after reading HandsomeRobDJ's rant...

Real DJs do Real Things...
Logisticalstyles 6:59 PM - 10 April, 2011
I'm considering going back to a coffin now that I painted my techs and added the blue LED's. They would look clean as hell in a coffin. I've used CD's with Serato and I've experimented with the NS7, but nothing compares to the turntables when I spin. The coffin may be a bit heavy, but I work out, have a dolly, and I love having everything already wired up and ready to go.
O.B.1 10:05 PM - 10 April, 2011
I lug two seperate turntable flight cases and a 57 in a pelican case (doubling as my "laptop stand") to all my gigs.
It means an extra trip, but if you encounter stairs anywhere, a coffin and dolly won't do much good.
I agree with the comment about real turntables/real DJs... I think many of my regular venues would feel short changed if I showed up with just a laptop. (a big reason why I get paid at least two to three times as much as some of the vdj bottom feeders in my area)
But at a wedding type scenario where scratching/juggling isn't as necessary, I could see a controller-based rig being very convenient.
DJDeluchi 10:48 PM - 10 April, 2011
i use decks if they ask for them but charge more when doing a mobile gig for it just incase i break needles etc as i rarely use vinyl these days the only people that ask for then are 30th birthdays lately the last 3 i did all asked if i could use vinyl
StreetFighta 10:57 PM - 10 April, 2011
im really getting tired of my turntable as far as dust/needles/skipping is concerned.

i'm looking into those denons
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 11:44 PM - 10 April, 2011
Quote:
....only people that ask for then are 30th birthdays lately the last 3 i did all asked if i could use vinyl

Clients ask that you play ONLY real vinyl when they hire you????

I felt weird because a promoter is having a theme party this coming Friday where all the DJs MUST spin vinyl (no computers or CDs - REAL VINYL ONLY). I have the opening slot at a 10p-5am party but I am (secretly) wondering if I still remember how to rock vinyl ONLY - it's been about 4 years since I played a all vinyl set.
dj-freestyle 11:47 PM - 10 April, 2011
I used my 1200's over the weekend and mind you ive been a vinly head for 23 years but i did really miss my denon 3700's. ive gotton so used to them on gigs. I felt kinda guilty. lol lol
Sureshot (PA) 1:12 AM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
if you encounter stairs anywhere, a coffin and dolly won't do much good.

couldn't agree less. the coffins these days have built-in wheels for level ground. the dolly is specifically for the stairs. 10" wheels will climb most stairs pretty easily. my coffin is pushing 130lbs and i store my gear in the basement. the dolly is a lifesaver.
O.B.1 3:25 AM - 11 April, 2011
well don't listen to me , I'm crazy...
djvtyme85 4:47 AM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

....only people that ask for then are 30th birthdays lately the last 3 i did all asked if i could use vinyl

I felt weird because a promoter is having a theme party this coming Friday where all the DJs MUST spin vinyl (no computers or CDs - REAL VINYL ONLY). I have the opening slot at a 10p-5am party but I am (secretly) wondering if I still remember how to rock vinyl ONLY - it's been about 4 years since I played a all vinyl set.

Yea serato can do that to ya, i just did a set a few weeks ago with my old wax...it took 15-20 mins to remember NO KEY LOCK lol but then it all came back...still not as sharp as i wanted to be
djvtyme85 5:00 AM - 11 April, 2011
Im crazy as well...two 1200s in flights and my 57 in a flight. usually my set up time is 10 mins for the TTs & mixer. before i got my 57 it was the staton sa12 & sl 3 plus TTs. I had one of those combo mixer laptop flight stand cases, and single flight cases for my 1200s (Took long as hell to setup). Now I feel like I did back in the day, plug and play no extras. Its heavy but shit nothing is as bad as this in addition to six crates for a gig (two long milk crates, four short ones) What we are doing now is a cake walk in comparison.

i dont care what anyone says the setup it is apart of the "show," ppl are always like "aww shit we got a real dj"

i did the coffin thing once...wasn't my cup of tea, cant knock it though.
HandsomeRobDJ 12:32 PM - 11 April, 2011
Since we seem to have the attention of a few mobile DJ's in here can anyone give me a review on Mackie SRM 450 v2's? I'm thinking about picking up a pair.
DJS/R 1:54 PM - 11 April, 2011
If you are a true mobile DJ, you know you can encounter some ridiculous load-ins especially if you live in a big city. The 15 minutes I would save by having a coffin set-up vs my individual cases is not worth the pain in the ass the coffin is every 1 out of 5 gigs. Not to mention how much it sucks to get in and out of vehicles...
DJWarrenKelly 5:15 PM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
Since we seem to have the attention of a few mobile DJ's in here can anyone give me a review on Mackie SRM 450 v2's? I'm thinking about picking up a pair.

I've had my Mackie SRM450V2's for about 2 years now...I had one Horn blow and I live in So Cal...very hard to find an authorized repair place. Other than that I'd say they are decent speakers with decent bass response but they are only good when your spinning' for a crowd of 100 or less IMO. If I had to pick a new Satellite speaker in the 12" or 15" category I would NOT go Mackie again though...but thats me.
dj_ys 5:59 PM - 11 April, 2011
I use a 1200 for mobile and rock instant doubles.
HandsomeRobDJ 6:35 PM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I've had my Mackie SRM450V2's for about 2 years now...I had one Horn blow and I live in So Cal...very hard to find an authorized repair place. Other than that I'd say they are decent speakers with decent bass response but they are only good when your spinning' for a crowd of 100 or less IMO. If I had to pick a new Satellite speaker in the 12" or 15" category I would NOT go Mackie again though...but thats me.

Okay, I'm getting the don't love em don't hate em vibe. And I get that if you had it to do over again you'd get something different. I have it to do over again right now. Any suggestions?
dj_soo 7:11 PM - 11 April, 2011
qsc k12s or maybe the EV Live X ELX112s sound like the class leaders of smaller 12" speakers nowadays.
DJWarrenKelly 7:40 PM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
qsc k12s or maybe the EV Live X ELX112s sound like the class leaders of smaller 12" speakers nowadays.

Good choices...also JBL PRX series(newer ones).
dirtyonekanobi 8:37 PM - 11 April, 2011
@HandsomeRob & @djvtyme85 -- cosign on what you were saying about the "visual" part of the DJ experience. I went to a family member's wedding where the DJ SAT DOWN all night, playing from his computer, and did not beatmatch ANYTHING. Every transition sounded like shoes in the dryer. Even if he didn't beatmatch well, but was struggling over some decks, I could roll - because at least I'd see him working. But, to see someone sitting down, just clicking a mouse, it looked like he didn't care that the dancefloor would shift after every song. Later I asked how much they got him for (assuming it was a steal) only to find out that he charged them $600.

I understand that its a pain to lug equipment to mobile gigs. It sucks lugging that stuff, especially since I work alone 99% of the time. But, at every event, I have at least 2 or 3 people come up to me and say "oh, you're serious. I haven't seen turntables in a while" or something to that effect.

I can't go as far as to say that someone that uses a controller isn't a "real" dj... that's not my call. I can see many benefits to controllers - to each his own. But, for me, the extra 40 lbs and 5 mins it takes to set up my 1200s is completely worth people being able to "see" the work I'm doing.
dirtyonekanobi 8:41 PM - 11 April, 2011
oh, and SCREW those freaking death boxes. I only use those when there is absolutely no chance that I'll be able to fit a table in the area I have to DJ. Otherwise, that coffin is collecting dust in my garage. Those things are way too awkward to pick up
DJ metaphor 8:50 PM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
But, for me, the extra 40 lbs and 5 mins it takes to set up my 1200s is completely worth people being able to "see" the work I'm doing.

+10000... well said
KMadison 10:26 PM - 11 April, 2011
If I'm doing a small gig i don't bother but if its a club or some kind of show I drag out the 1200s honestly I like it for the showmanship

lets be real it still looks cool spinning records over pressing buttons on some plastic wheels. Call me nostalgic but whenever I see a DJ with turntables I feel like he is doing stuff back there instead of playing music off a ipod. I'm not trying to take anything away from anybody who uses controllers (cause I use them too sometimes) but for the visual nothing beats turntables. And If you can do everything people are doing on controllers with auto sync but on some turntables I give you well deserved props cause it seems to be a lost art.
DJ Dac 10:33 PM - 11 April, 2011
this weekend some ass bag was giving me shit for using tt's with serato, hes all, so its all just for show right? after explaining the concept he's all like see i told you its all for show... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sureshot (PA) 11:46 PM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
@HandsomeRob & @djvtyme85 -- cosign on what you were saying about the "visual" part of the DJ experience. I went to a family member's wedding where the DJ SAT DOWN all night, playing from his computer, and did not beatmatch ANYTHING. Every transition sounded like shoes in the dryer. Even if he didn't beatmatch well, but was struggling over some decks, I could roll - because at least I'd see him working. But, to see someone sitting down, just clicking a mouse, it looked like he didn't care that the dancefloor would shift after every song. Later I asked how much they got him for (assuming it was a steal) only to find out that he charged them $600.

I understand that its a pain to lug equipment to mobile gigs. It sucks lugging that stuff, especially since I work alone 99% of the time. But, at every event, I have at least 2 or 3 people come up to me and say "oh, you're serious. I haven't seen turntables in a while" or something to that effect.

I can't go as far as to say that someone that uses a controller isn't a "real" dj... that's not my call. I can see many benefits to controllers - to each his own. But, for me, the extra 40 lbs and 5 mins it takes to set up my 1200s is completely worth people being able to "see" the work I'm doing.

i cosign this completely. i decided to stick with TTs because i perfer them but i have definitely reaped the benefits of "the look". clubs care. venues care. brides and grooms care. they might not know beforehand that they care, but when they see it, it sticks with them. especially if you're good.
DJ Shady Lady 4:46 PM - 12 April, 2011
i use my TTs as well. there are always one or two older people who are like..."look its ON the record...its going wiki wiki"
HandsomeRobDJ 1:15 PM - 13 April, 2011
wiki wiki leaks?
: )
DJ Quartz 2:46 PM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:
But, at every event, I have at least 2 or 3 people come up to me and say "oh, you're serious. I haven't seen turntables in a while" or something to that effect.

That is the truth, even with my NS7.
str8nger 2:52 PM - 13 April, 2011
hahaha wiki wiki lol people always want to touch my tables... i love my 1200s i have everything in one coffin so when i get to the gig all i do is plug and play, plus it looks much cleaner once you have all the wires tucked in. but let me tell you it is a bitch to carry by myself fucken thing weights hella lol but its worth it do it man! that glowing apple will make your set up look more sexy!
DJ Jonasty 4:49 PM - 13 April, 2011
A lot of the comments refer to turntables being "for show". Yeah so what this DJ business IS SHOW business so it's par for course. Some sort of decks and mixer most def are part of the show.
Logisticalstyles 5:49 PM - 13 April, 2011
Not all shows are created equal. It's much more interesting to see a DJ work the wheels of steel than to watch a DJ on CDJs or just a controller. The NS7 and the Denon CD players that spin might be close though, since they actually do spin like a turntable. Otherwise, watching someone just press buttons and twist knobs is a pretty lame show.
str8nger 5:52 PM - 13 April, 2011
Agree^
Dj Bacik 5:58 PM - 13 April, 2011
It is for show. I show that I am talented enough to match the pitch manually. I show that I can adjust for flutter. I show that I remember to pull the needle back every track. All those things I do on real vinyl I do on my 1200's and serato.

I lug my coffin everywhere. It houses my custom 1200's, djm 700, dicers, video gear, midi adapters, and all cables easily. It fits in the back of my truck no problem and has wheels to roll anywhere.
HandsomeRobDJ 6:51 PM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:
Not all shows are created equal. It's much more interesting to see a DJ work the wheels of steel than to watch a DJ on CDJs or just a controller. The NS7 and the Denon CD players that spin might be close though, since they actually do spin like a turntable. Otherwise, watching someone just press buttons and twist knobs is a pretty lame show.

+1
Swyft 7:55 PM - 13 April, 2011
Do some pushups....a coffin is not that heavy. Imagine if you still had to carry multiple crates.
Swyft 7:56 PM - 13 April, 2011
pushing buttons and manipulating knobs is NOT dj'n!!!!!!!!! My 5 yr old daughter knows that.....lol.
jroc453 8:05 PM - 13 April, 2011
Damn... been gone for a wile and see this is still going :)

Well I should update... I got rid of the TTX's and got 1200's again and bought a DJM800. So what I did was buy a flight case for my DJM800, Have separate flight cases for my 1200's.

I bought a coffin to fit my CDJ 1000's and my Djm800 (1) piece and has the slide out laptop shelf. I use that setup the most. Since my 1200's & DJM800 have separate cases; I can really pick and chose what I want to setup. I did a wedding 2 weeks ago and setup <CDJ><1200><DJM800><1200><CDJ> all on one table. The Bride & groom along with all the guest were blown away by the setup. Most of the guests though it was Real vinyl... trying to explain to them that it only controls the MP3's was funny.

But Really.... I have seen people that hire DJ's that only press buttons and they wonder why my prices are higher then the Laptop only DJ"S. But for a quick setup I use the CDJ coffin but I am starting to want to bring at least one of my 1200's along with that setup.
CMOS 8:21 PM - 13 April, 2011
I dunnoooooo mannnnnnnn. I went out to a show last week, and this is what i saw. Not a turntable in sight!

i51.tinypic.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:26 PM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:
Do some pushups....a coffin is not that heavy. Imagine if you still had to carry multiple crates.

the problem isnt in the weight about its about the awkward positioning of where you pick it up from and weight distrobution
StreetFighta 8:41 PM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:
I dunnoooooo mannnnnnnn. I went out to a show last week, and this is what i saw. Not a turntable in sight!

i51.tinypic.com

damn thats a crazy setup. how was the show?
O.B.1 9:11 PM - 13 April, 2011
^^^ looks set up for a live pa almost rather than DJing...
Sureshot (PA) 11:16 PM - 13 April, 2011
^^^^ looks like if they dudes knew how to use that stuff it would be a pretty awesome show.

sidemote: i''m not in the "you're not a dj if you don't have turntables/cdjs" camp. i think if you're playing tunes, you're a dj. if you're doing a phenomenal job, then you're a good dj. i just happen to prefer turntables when i dj.
str8nger 6:06 AM - 14 April, 2011
i honestly dont understand why all the controllers are needed to mix some jams? i mean keep it simple 2 decks and a mixer , there not paul van dyk ? lol
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:36 AM - 14 April, 2011
Spinning the opening set at a fundraiser/charity gig tomorrow (Fri night) - using Turntables because the gig theme is REAL VINYL ONLY - no computers/serato or CD-Js - all DJs' have to use real vinyl.

www.facebook.com

It's been almost 4 years since i have spun an ALL VINYL set - hardest part is picking and packing records to take - I have a full flight case and a bag and 1/2 of tunes I wanna take - need to cut back.

I'm playing classic House and DISCO (yep real drummers - no re-drums and keylock)

I will be missing the waveforms....
dj_soo 10:09 AM - 14 April, 2011
I've been doing all 45 7" sets - those are fun but hard... I need more 45s - it's the only vinyl I buy nowadays...
DJDeluchi 12:34 PM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:

I still used scratch live but with CV and i changed the CV every time a changed the track to create the illusion of using vinyl which they where happy with

1 customer didn't want a laptop in view so i had to be creative and hide it in the booth but still have access to it that was a slight challenge but it still worked well

If i had to play vinyl only no serato i would get stuck after my collection of serato pressings run out
HandsomeRobDJ 12:38 PM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:
sidemote: i''m not in the "you're not a dj if you don't have turntables/cdjs" camp. i think if you're playing tunes, you're a dj. if you're doing a phenomenal job, then you're a good dj. i just happen to prefer turntables when i dj.

LMFAO, if you're not in the camp where dj's need turntables then you ain't got no tent boy, you're just out in the cold, you're ass don't even need to be camping! If people can't get off their laptop or ipod alone, or whatever other nonsense they've got, and play a set then they need to stay the hell out of the booth. If you've actually got some tables and you actually know how to use them then I can't understand why you don't know that already. Once again - Real Djs do Real Things.
StreetFighta 12:59 PM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

LMFAO, if you're not in the camp where dj's need turntables then you ain't got no tent boy, you're just out in the cold, you're ass don't even need to be camping! If people can't get off their laptop or ipod alone, or whatever other nonsense they've got, and play a set then they need to stay the hell out of the booth. If you've actually got some tables and you actually know how to use them then I can't understand why you don't know that already. Once again - Real Djs do Real Things.

that's a pretty dumb way to look at things.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:12 PM - 14 April, 2011
Oops DJDeluchi, guess I didn;t need that much detail again LOL - sorry

It was late and thumbing thru vinyl made me loopy - point i wanted to make is we take computer for granted - having your entire music collection on your shoulder.
djvtyme85 5:34 PM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Thats why im copping a ipad so i can use the screen share app and have my laptop hidden, with the 57 all I need a screen for is to scroll my library, I dont need waveforms and artifical decks...thats what my ears are for ya dig...just my personal style not knocking any1 else
DJDeluchi 7:12 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:
Oops DJDeluchi, guess I didn;t need that much detail again LOL - sorry

It was late and thumbing thru vinyl made me loopy - point i wanted to make is we take computer for granted - having your entire music collection on your shoulder.

1000% take that for granted i carried crates for other dj's i helped out to get into the game and i wouldnt wanna do that again anytime soon
dj-freestyle 7:36 PM - 15 April, 2011
This topic has made me decide to rock turntables for my mobile gigs for awhile, thats for sure
HandsomeRobDJ 7:58 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:

Yeah dude, you're right. It is dumb. I'm stupid. Anyone who pictures a DJ with two turntables and a mixer is obviously ignorant. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Jader 8:17 PM - 15 April, 2011
when i go to see bands, i like seeing marshall stacks and fender stratocasters.

i like to think people feel the same way when they see my 1200s being used.
CMOS 8:20 PM - 15 April, 2011
People do feel that way. Its the hardware companies who make this stuff that want us to think otherwise.
DJ DisGrace 8:42 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:

Like DubCowboy said after going to NAMM.... there are millions of drum machines, keyboards, and effects pedals, but there are still huge markets for real drums, real pianos, and real marshall stacks.
HandsomeRobDJ 9:07 PM - 15 April, 2011
Quote:

+1
StreetFighta 12:59 AM - 16 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah dude, you're right. It is dumb. I'm stupid. Anyone who pictures a DJ with two turntables and a mixer is obviously ignorant. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

sure that's what they picture. but to say if you're not using that but still mixing great music, you're not a dj is stupid.

and I am right, you are dumb.
Caliber 1:44 AM - 16 April, 2011
those 1200 dont leave the house. not for no gigs especially beach gigs. I gotta look at my vinyls melting in the sun. Use denons 3500's or pioneer 800's for mobile. Besides dont have any cases for the 1200s
jroc453 1:58 AM - 16 April, 2011
Quote:
those 1200 dont leave the house. not for no gigs especially beach gigs. I gotta look at my vinyls melting in the sun. Use denons 3500's or pioneer 800's for mobile. Besides dont have any cases for the 1200s

+1000
I never take the goods to the beach!!!! "F" that!!!
jroc453 2:02 AM - 16 April, 2011
For my company... 1200's all the way. You would be surprised how good that makes you look. For the company I'm subcontracted... Ether my Cdj1000's or my Kontrol X1 in internal mode when I'm really lazy. ;-)
Caliber 3:15 AM - 16 April, 2011
lol. last party i did was just a mixer with ssl
Sureshot (PA) 4:41 AM - 16 April, 2011
Quote:

ha.. i feel the same way about that as i did with my "turntables" comment.. i love a great guitar player and i personally play Tele's and Vox's but i've got some GREAT guitar records made with a Sans Amp or amp modeling. I'm cool with that. good music is good music regardless of how it's made. period.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:23 AM - 16 April, 2011
Ok i am officially pissed - @ the gig I double posted about above - promoter just let the DJ after me plug in a CdJ so he could play a few tracks - I coukd have brought Serato so I would have to carry a bag and flight case in the house after 5 beers

Dammit......
O.B.1 9:46 AM - 16 April, 2011
^^^ dude, you got burned...
but props for being able to bust out an OG vinyl set!
jmlbrns45 8:12 PM - 18 April, 2011
fake djs be using virtual dj, using a sync. i always come out with tt's when doing a gig. i was at a gig once where the dj was just using windows media player and youtube. REAL DJS USE VINYL
str8nger 8:21 PM - 18 April, 2011
A real Dj today uses sync and no turntables just a midi keyboard and a laptop and all he does is play with fx and push and twist buttons looks like he's doing something that's a real Dj lol
jmlbrns45 12:32 AM - 19 April, 2011
a real dj don't use no damn autosync and push buttons. i respect serato djs who are still using vinyl
str8nger 12:36 AM - 19 April, 2011
I know that's not true! I was mKing it funny! I would hate to be one of them djs I love my turntables
DJBEATSONLINE 1:38 AM - 19 April, 2011
i use 2-1210mk5's and a djm800. all individual cases.
djvtyme85 5:05 AM - 19 April, 2011
i was at the mall the other day and they had a fashion show with a dj. he had one numark table top cd player, some older style gemini mixer (believe the 6 series), a tracktor midi and a dell laptop. he was playing that new pitbull & t-pain song. the models were walking and he is standing there (no movement, stiff as a statue, looking very out of place)...wearing old gym sweats and run down tee shirt lol. he was staring at his laptop screen intensively. so from the look of it i'm already thinking this dude has the stereo typical slob dj look going, let me see what he follows this track up with. so as the models are walking without warning mid way through the song... he cuts off the song (the two girls lose their step mid walk) and brings in a old pop song by dee-lite "grove is in the heart"...all i could do was walk off laughing...my point

9-10 when i see these dj's with these make shift set ups, they suck...usually if i catch a jock out with decks (whether tt's or even cdj's etc) no controllers but a heavy back breaking set up..."usually" and i use the term losely...a prideful set up brings a certain level of performance as well...but there are many many exceptions to the rule but 9 times out of 10 in my personal experience...the ladder
ninos 5:09 AM - 19 April, 2011
i always use my turntables for my mobiles, well hell. its the only decks i own!
DJ Dac 5:27 PM - 19 April, 2011
Quote:
use my turntables for my mobiles, well hell. its the only decks i own!

i have seen a ton of adds on CL looking for freejays to do those fashion shows, they get exactly what they pay for...
jmlbrns45 7:02 PM - 19 April, 2011
@ str8nger i know u was just making a joke about that sync shit. it's just i have seen many djs come to a gig and use virtual dj or some other software that beatmatches the beats for them. i have seen some djs who use iTunes and call themselves DJS. i could have brung my own iPod for that shit
dj skraps 9:48 PM - 19 April, 2011
2-1200's and Pio 909 mixer (in a coffin) heavy as fuk and torture on my back...but much more enjoy spining on TT's
djvtyme85 10:05 PM - 19 April, 2011
i have seen a ton of adds on CL looking for freejays to do those fashion shows, they get exactly what they pay for...

yea well anyone expecting quality from CL isnt that serious anyway. every now and then i get a email from a friend who knows i dj about a post they saw with something along the lines of "dj wanted for a 4-6 hour event our budget is $200. serious inquires only" lol WTF i'm located in Washington, DC there isnt self respecting mobile who will even talk you for anything under $650 and thats a long shot. off topic but i'm just saying lol CL is a joke.
jmlbrns45 12:01 AM - 20 April, 2011
@ djvtyme85 what is CL?
DJ metaphor 12:22 AM - 20 April, 2011
Quote:
@ djvtyme85 what is CL?

craigslist
jmlbrns45 12:45 AM - 20 April, 2011
oh ok
jroc453 11:36 AM - 22 April, 2011
Well 2 weeks ago I was setting up for a mobile gig and walled into the other ballroom and seen a pretty embarrassing setup...
dl.dropbox.com

We were setting up our setup...
dl.dropbox.com

After he was done setting up (took him about 15 min's) he happened to walk in and check us out. His response to our setup was .... "why are we still using old technology".... I looked at my MC and just laughed it off. I didn't even waste my time talking to the guy. He was about 40 years old and had no idea. I'm 31 and just couldn't believe he would charge anyone for coming out and setting that up... I mean... COME ON DUDE!!! Look at setup????

This is the type of shit thats killing us "REAL" DJ's... Just pisses me off!!!!
Certified Quality Entertainment 1:23 PM - 22 April, 2011
^^ See a couple of Crown Powerbase amps in there! Nice stuff

I have a powerbase 2 and i think one of the channels is shot...hate to see it go! Those are workhorses.

You got any other pics of that setup? Looks like a ton of gear to take out.
Certified Quality Entertainment 1:23 PM - 22 April, 2011
Not knocking it BTW...looks awesome just a ton of stuff!
jroc453 2:12 PM - 22 April, 2011
Yes sir... The Crown amps in that pic are at least 10 yrs old. The setup in that pic wasn't so bad. We had a crew of about 10 guys counting Myself and my MC. About 1 1/2 hrs to setup.

Kinda off topic but not really... I bring ether turntables or CDJ's to all my events. Alot of DJ's around south florida are bringing just a laptop and some ugly setup. This is what my setup looks like. None of the pics are in a club either. Its all at a hotel or county club. I bring the club to the party. ;-)
dl.dropbox.com
dl.dropbox.com
dl.dropbox.com
dl.dropbox.com
dl.dropbox.com
DJ Dac 4:19 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
he Crown amps in that pic are at least 10 yrs old. The setup in that pic wasn't so bad. We had a crew of about 10 guys counting Myself and my MC. About 1 1/2 hrs to setup.

Kinda off topic but not really... I bring ether turntables or CDJ's to all my events. Alot of DJ's around south florida are bringing just a laptop and some ugly setup. This is what my setup looks like. None of the pics are in a club either. Its all at

what was that green thing on the speaker stand in the left corner of that guys set up?
DJ Dac 4:19 PM - 22 April, 2011
and i quoted the wrong thing... my bad
jroc453 4:22 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
and i quoted the wrong thing... my bad

What... On top of the Speaker? What pic?
DJ Dac 4:25 PM - 22 April, 2011
sorry, this guy, its the green thing on the far left
dl.dropbox.com
jroc453 4:29 PM - 22 April, 2011
Oh..lol... I have no idea what that guy had setup. I walked in and had to take a pic really fast before he came walking in. I didn't what him to think I was trying to copy is setup ;-)
DJ Dac 5:09 PM - 22 April, 2011
well you were using a lot of old technology...
Kepik 5:19 PM - 22 April, 2011
used to use CDJ-1000s then switched to VCI-300. Tonight, I am going to bring out my home-kept M5Gs (only one), as I'll be trying out my first gig doing video DJing!
jroc453 5:32 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
used to use CDJ-1000s then switched to VCI-300. Tonight, I am going to bring out my home-kept M5Gs (only one), as I'll be trying out my first gig doing video DJing!

True, but for a easy setup I like bringing the CDJ's with serato then lugging my 1200's to EVERY gig. But it looked like he was using real CD's. So I wasn't about to explain how or what Serato is. He was referring "old tech." by us using turntables and thought it was outdated. either way... his setup is lame.

When you say I was using "old technology" do you mean the CDJ's or do you mean me not using a MIDI controller like Itch and something like a VCI-300 or NS7's? I feel like I use up to date stuff. I just haven't made the switch over to MIDI yet but as soon as Twitch comes out and Itch 2.0 I might make that my smaller system when I work for the company that subcontracts me out, but as far as my own company I would rather show up with my 1200's or my CDJ's. I feel that I would book more events when clients see that setup. ...Just saying.
jroc453 5:33 PM - 22 April, 2011
I quoted the wrong post.... Sorry
jroc453 5:36 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
well you were using a lot of old technology...

Please explain "old technology" and what you are referring to?
Kepik 5:46 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

True, but for a easy setup I like bringing the CDJ's with serato then lugging my 1200's to EVERY gig.

Unfortunately, my CDJs were sold back then and Itch is taking forever for video support (and that I use Mixed Emergency). That's why I'm only bringing one 1200.
jroc453 5:49 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

True, but for a easy setup I like bringing the CDJ's with serato then lugging my 1200's to EVERY gig.

Unfortunately, my CDJs were sold back then and Itch is taking forever for video support (and that I use Mixed Emergency). That's why I'm only bringing one 1200.

My bad Kepik... I quoted your post by mistake ;-)
Kepik 5:56 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

no worries man!
My bad Kepik... I quoted your post by mistake ;-)
DJ Dac 6:03 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
When you say I was using "old technology" do you mean the CDJ's or do you mean me not using a MIDI controller like Itch and something like a VCI-300 or NS7's? I feel like I use up to date stuff. I just haven't made the switch over to MIDI yet but as soon as Twitch comes out and Itch 2.0 I might make that my smaller system when I work for the company that subcontracts me out, but as far as my own company I would rather show up with my 1200's or my CDJ's. I feel that I would book more events when clients see that setup. ...Just saying.

apparently you didn't pick up the sarcasm there, that guy was using the oldest set up ever, granted he had those led lights(i personally cant stand those)(hell i mean who aims lights at the ceiling and calls it a light show) anyways I'm digressing, i would say you have a very up to date set up, and would love to have some of those CDJ's too. anyways, how did he not notice your laptops up there? I drag my tt's in a coffin to all my gigs so i must be "out of date" too. i bet he has winamp with the auto fade/playlist on that laptop of his...
jroc453 6:15 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

apparently you didn't pick up the sarcasm there, that guy was using the oldest set up ever, granted he had those led lights(i personally cant stand those)(hell i mean who aims lights at the ceiling and calls it a light show) anyways I'm digressing, i would say you have a very up to date set up, and would love to have some of those CDJ's too. anyways, how did he not notice your laptops up there? I drag my tt's in a coffin to all my gigs so i must be "out of date" too. i bet he has winamp with the auto fade/playlist on that laptop of his...

Hahaha... No worries Dac... your probably right bro. He just walked right up wile we were setting up. I HATE those light too... It reminds me of the Lightbright toy thing I had when I was a kid lol... Looks so cheesy :)

2.bp.blogspot.com
jroc453 6:17 PM - 22 April, 2011
DJ Dac 6:23 PM - 22 April, 2011
you know, i would rather have a bunch of those light brights then those led things...
Daktyl 3:11 PM - 25 April, 2011
lightbright was the shit back in the day! I might have to dig up a few and throw them on some trusses
iRockCrowds 4:41 PM - 25 April, 2011
is the lit dancefloor yours too? where could I get something like that?
DJLRock 7:41 PM - 25 April, 2011
jroc453... im in Sofla too
O.B.1 8:01 PM - 25 April, 2011
Quote:
lightbright was the shit back in the day! I might have to dig up a few and throw them on some trusses

Quote:
you know, i would rather have a bunch of those light brights then those led things...

www.google.com
Daktyl 8:05 PM - 25 April, 2011
that's kind of cheesy, and yet SO awesome at the same time lol....
jroc453 12:47 AM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:

It was the shit... Back in 1986 ;-)
jroc453 12:48 AM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:
is the lit dancefloor yours too? where could I get something like that?

The dance floor was from a lighting company... That would be nice to have though. It would suuuuuuck to setup though!!!!!
jroc453 12:49 AM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:

Where at?
jroc453 12:49 AM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

www.google.com
jroc453 12:50 AM - 26 April, 2011
^^^ wow^^^
Daktyl 1:06 AM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

so I'm old lol....
but I was just joking... old dude up there actually had a light bright in his setup... wow is right
jroc453 1:12 AM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

so I'm old lol....
but I was just joking... old dude up there actually had a light bright in his setup... wow is right

Well I'm not saying I'm so young if I remember pimpin light bright... Lol... I guess I'm kinda showing my age ;-)
DJLRock 6:30 AM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Where at?

ft lauderdale. My office is off university and 595
djlj 6:54 AM - 26 April, 2011
After using CDJs for almost 8 years, I brought my 1200s back into routine service after switching to SSL last year. I couldn't be happier.
djalexkasanova 3:15 PM - 26 April, 2011
tt's all day... but they f'ing heavy.. lol i HATE cdjs .... but wouldnt mind gettin just one... just dont wanna go and buy a $800-$1000 for private gigs.... theres alot of private gigs where there is no scratchin or turntableism..... just str8 blends and sh#t... my dad is in his 60s & still djs & still drags cds with him lol.... sucker lol
Free Man 3:53 PM - 26 April, 2011
main stuff in 3 cases...

25-30 lbs each on this one... plus the TT's (M5G's)
www.google.com

and I have a pelican case for the 57.
dj-freestyle 3:56 PM - 26 April, 2011
@freeman, Im kinda feeling that. Nice find
Free Man 4:01 PM - 26 April, 2011
Thanks. the wheels are kind of small and only useful on smooth ground. but i'm glad I got them. if you leave then in the case, the wheels will also make the TT unlevel
djlj 4:15 PM - 26 April, 2011
I'm switching to different turntable cases this summer because my current ones are stackable but not level. : \
Free Man 4:19 PM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:
I'm switching to different turntable cases this summer because my current ones are stackable but not level. : \

that's no bueno... could always find something to put under the lower side to level it out
djlj 4:26 PM - 26 April, 2011
Yeah I know : \ The cases are just used for transport, during gigs I take the TTs out. I'd like to have a couple decent stackable cases so I can protect my wrists a bit.
jroc453 11:44 AM - 27 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where at?

I'm always around there. I'm off Sample and Lyons... You own a entertainment comp.?
djalexkasanova 2:24 PM - 27 April, 2011
DJ Pullout 2:39 PM - 27 April, 2011
Quote:

^this
DJLRock 8:30 PM - 27 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where at?

I'm always around there. I'm off Sample and Lyons... You own a entertainment comp.?

Yeah I have a production company
Deejay Sam 6:41 AM - 4 May, 2011
TT are a bitch to carry around for mobile gigs. I would much rather have cdjs. I'm not gonna be doing a lot of scratching or beat juggling if I'm djing a wedding so why not be as mobile as possible? I have a small car too
O.B.1 8:43 AM - 4 May, 2011
I'm a mostly mobile, and for the hip-hop shows TT's are a must...
-but yeah, for weddings travel light! (unless the party calls for it)
plus I personally don't feel at home on CDJ's, (most likely due to lack of 'real'club experience) {and the non-spinning platter}
dj-freestyle 3:39 PM - 4 May, 2011
For tt dj's i think useing active platters cdjs is a must. I live my denons and feel much more normal then pioneeer cdjs. Active platters all the way.
Swyft 7:47 PM - 4 May, 2011
I just don't like the feel of cdjs......nothing against them....I just feel more comfortable on TTs.
Zero Day 12:18 AM - 5 May, 2011
1200's anyday.
HandsomeRobDJ 3:04 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

s1228.photobucket.com
O.B.1 4:20 AM - 5 May, 2011
nice custom job!
Daktyl 12:47 PM - 5 May, 2011
that's badass! You should mass produce and sell those bad boys... you'd make a killing
HandsomeRobDJ 12:52 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
that's badass! You should mass produce and sell those bad boys... you'd make a killing

lol, the cost of all the parts to build them, not to mention the tools and man hours is what kills!
Free Man 3:04 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

s1228.photobucket.com

why did you put it in a corner? don't you want the padding all around the TT for protection?
HandsomeRobDJ 5:50 PM - 9 May, 2011
It's padded tight enough on 5 of 6 sides and the boxes are tough enough that I think I could throw them off my roof and all would be fine. They're absolutely tough enough and also padded enough to survive mobile gigs for a LONG time.
HandsomeRobDJ 5:51 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
nice custom job!

Thanks OB, nice to hear a little positive feedback in this forum every once in awhile : )
jroc453 7:19 PM - 11 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
nice custom job!

Thanks OB, nice to hear a little positive feedback in this forum every once in awhile : )

Ya... nice job man!!!
Free Man 4:01 PM - 12 May, 2012
Just DJ'd a wedding last night and brought tht TT's...

Cant imagine life without them. Tried other things, but nothing compares.

Had a gig on Wednesday dude comes up and says "what kond of turntable is that?"

I was like ummmmm technics...

Figired he prob wouldnd know whatan 1210 m5g is anyway
dj-freestyle 5:37 PM - 15 May, 2012
I thought i would never stop using tt's till i got my 3700's and now my 3900's. feel so much the same yet easier to use in certain enviroments.
JDforKing 6:22 PM - 15 May, 2012
I dj 5 to 6 times a week. I decided a long time ago to retire my 1200s to my bedroom with my ttm 57 and for mobile gigs i use my ns6 or vci-300 after selling my cdj s recently. These set ups are easier on the back especially when I have to provide sound and etc.
DJ Reflex 5:31 AM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:

Had a gig on Wednesday dude comes up and says "what kond of turntable is that?"

I was like ummmmm technics...

Figired he prob wouldnd know whatan 1210 m5g is anyway

It's like rocket science to some people... At least we are past the "is that some new type of big CD player" era!
jroc453 1:48 PM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
I dj 5 to 6 times a week. I decided a long time ago to retire my 1200s to my bedroom with my ttm 57 and for mobile gigs i use my ns6 or vci-300 after selling my cdj s recently. These set ups are easier on the back especially when I have to provide sound and etc.

I have 1200's... CDJ1000 MK3's.... and a NS6... I use my NS6 the most and was thinking of selling my CDJ's... What made you get rid of yours? Im trying to decide if I need them anymore.....
deezlee 8:37 PM - 16 May, 2012
yup i use turntables for mobile. mostly weddings. hella 45s. last weekend there were 3 locations at one wedding (ceremony, cocktails-diner-early dancing outside and latenight dancing inside) and i used 1 table at the ceremony and 2 at the other 2 spots. had to dip out during dinner and move the ceremony stuff inside. it was at a big buddhist retreat so i was running up dirt paths in the dark carrying equipment hoping no one noticed that i was gone. i works hard for the money.
jmlbrns45 8:38 PM - 16 May, 2012
lol
JDforKing 9:42 PM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I have 1200's... CDJ1000 MK3's.... and a NS6... I use my NS6 the most and was thinking of selling my CDJ's... What made you get rid of yours? Im trying to decide if I need them anymore.....

If you're not playing cds with your cdjs how is it any different than using an ns6 or pioneer ddj s1. That was the biggest thing for me. I've had my turntables for 15 years and i learned on turntable 20 years ago. CD players will come and go, but the turntable will alway have sentimental value to me. With that being said, i just find to to be counter productive to have to carry them out when i gig. No place i work have their own stuff so im stuck bringing my own gear.
djvtyme85 7:02 AM - 17 May, 2012
I think if pio made the ddj s1 with bigger jog wheels you would see more ppl make that switch but then again not really no one like a all in one. The 2000s play all "current" formats of music. That's there purpose. Makes sense to me. As a 15 yr user of 1200s I just placed my order for a pair of cdjs for mobiles. No point in carrying my tts out anymore. Tried a ns 7 just wasn't my cup of tea. The ns6 isn't the feel I'm looking for and I had a blast on the 1000s so the after a ton of consideration...Im buying pio.
DJ Reflex 3:31 AM - 26 May, 2012
I had a nice dual CD deck back in the day... hot starts, cue points, looping, jog wheels... the whole nine yards. Kept my turntables though and held out until the digital revolution of Final Scratch and Scratch Live. Now I can't see using anything but vinyl. Obviously, Final Scratch did not work out so well, but hey, gotta test the waters.

Only downfall is weight and space. The 1200's are heavy!
sacrilicious 9:40 AM - 26 May, 2012
I hate the effort it takes to load in and out my 1200s in a coffin for mobile gigs (especially by myself) but the brief discomfort still makes up for the handful of hours I'd have to play on an inferior interface.
ral 4:35 PM - 26 May, 2012
+1 use turntables on mobile gigs

well, actually,
- it depends on the budget, higher budget, sure, bring it
- if you know that the party is dope, and you can showcase your skills, bring it

if no budget, less than 50 people
- hell no - just bring a midi controller
- hmm, maybe if i wanna practice scratching, bring 1 and just do instant double
sacrilicious 6:56 PM - 26 May, 2012
Yeah I've considered grabbing a midi controller to make it worth the effort to play that sort of event but it pains me to invest money to chase low budget gigs...
sixxx 7:07 PM - 26 May, 2012
Quote:
Yeah I've considered grabbing a midi controller to make it worth the effort to play that sort of event but it pains me to invest money to chase low budget gigs...

this....

I rather stay at home and spend time with my kids than having to play a low budget gig with money spent on gear. lol
Free Man 12:56 AM - 29 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

this....

I rather stay at home and spend time with my kids than having to play a low budget gig with money spent on gear. lol

Exactly...
jmlbrns45 7:27 PM - 20 July, 2012
I have a dj Controller and turntables. However, turntables have a better feel to them
str8nger 9:19 PM - 20 July, 2012
Turntables are heavy but worth the effort to take them. And people always love the looks of the turntables
DJDBAG 10:56 PM - 20 July, 2012
i use em for weddings, mitzvahs, corporate events....everything.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 1:22 AM - 21 July, 2012
I use turntables for mobiles, and in the club, and in the studio. I don't own anything else
Free Man 1:23 AM - 21 July, 2012
Quote:
I use turntables for mobiles, and in the club, and in the studio. I don't own anything else

+1

had to use CDJ's a few months ago, it just reminded me of why I never bought them. Dont like the feel, but it was nice not needing to worry about the needle getting dirty
WarpNote 5:48 AM - 21 July, 2012
Recently been leaving my techs home and bringing CDJs for mobiles. Guess I'm getting lazy. Also can be useful if the client has some of special cd they wanna play. Nothing compares to the techs though. Might have a look at those 3900's though, they look kinda sweet.
Logisticalstyles 4:27 PM - 21 July, 2012
Since I got an NS7 a few months ago I haven't bought out the tables. My club gig during the week has a 1200 and I use that. I'm looking at going back to using a coffin for my 1200s, and maybe then I'll start bringing them out again for mobiles.
slimmjimm 4:40 PM - 21 July, 2012
I'm going in reverse of some of you guys. Getting a bit bored of my Denons, so I grabbed a case and needles/carts yesterday. Going to start bringing out a table for a little bit. My Sat. gig only requires 1, so I go instant doubles, cuts down on weight.

Off topic, when the fuck did needles and carts become so expensive? $200 for the Ortofon/Serato needle? #fuckouttahere
WarpNote 6:22 PM - 21 July, 2012
Coffins are way to heavy IMO, separate flight cases is the way to go. A few more cables to run, but still...
dj_ys 6:40 PM - 21 July, 2012
Quote:
I'm going in reverse of some of you guys. Getting a bit bored of my Denons, so I grabbed a case and needles/carts yesterday. Going to start bringing out a table for a little bit. My Sat. gig only requires 1, so I go instant doubles, cuts down on weight.

Off topic, when the fuck did needles and carts become so expensive? $200 for the Ortofon/Serato needle? #fuckouttahere

M447s are still cheap and widely available. Work fine with serato.
slimmjimm 7:23 PM - 21 July, 2012
Quote:

Agreed, and his is what I grabbed, but overall, the price has gone wayyyy up. I always liked the set it and forget it types, never really liked mounting on a headshell, but I strictly remember, many moons ago, my Trackmaster 2's costing something like $175 for the pair, and now they want $200 for only 1? Bullshit, but I probably will end up getting something else, don't really dig the whole "break in time" of the 447's. I'm used to a few days, sure, but TTLab says 2 weeks? Again #fuckouttahere
djvtyme85 6:34 AM - 22 July, 2012
I think the coffin is heavy hell, but I'm not going back to individual cases bc my set up time cut in half. Looks clean and I find I've gotten less vibration issues. That being now I'll use my cdj set for most but I'll bring the techs if I wanna style on em
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:09 AM - 23 July, 2012
Quote:

THIS RITE HURR....
dj_ys 2:46 AM - 23 July, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed, and his is what I grabbed, but overall, the price has gone wayyyy up. I always liked the set it and forget it types, never really liked mounting on a headshell, but I strictly remember, many moons ago, my Trackmaster 2's costing something like $175 for the pair, and now they want $200 for only 1? Bullshit, but I probably will end up getting something else, don't really dig the whole "break in time" of the 447's. I'm used to a few days, sure, but TTLab says 2 weeks? Again #fuckouttahere

I never really worried about break in time. I used them from day one with no problems.
slimmjimm 8:28 PM - 23 July, 2012
Quote:
I never really worried about break in time. I used them from day one with no problems.

I could also be using this as a crutch to make myself feel better about probably being a bit heavy handed after a few years off of 1200's.
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:58 PM - 27 July, 2012
Quote:
I had a nice dual CD deck back in the day... hot starts, cue points, looping, jog wheels... the whole nine yards. Kept my turntables though and held out until the digital revolution of Final Scratch and Scratch Live. Now I can't see using anything but vinyl. Obviously, Final Scratch did not work out so well, but hey, gotta test the waters.

Only downfall is weight and space. The 1200's are heavy!

Have you tried lifting the ST 150s, now thats heavy lol

Well i kinda alternate between my CDJs and ST 150s

Familiar gig with familiar crowd - TT

Strange gig (with stranger Music) - CDJs
str8nger 6:52 PM - 27 July, 2012
Quote:

+100000000 plus I can't afford to buy anymore gear :(
jmlbrns45 1:14 PM - 28 July, 2012
next week i have a gig but will be bringing out my str8150s and mixer in a coffin
jmlbrns45 1:14 PM - 28 July, 2012
even though they are heavy as hell
MusicMeister 2:11 PM - 30 July, 2012
As much as I'd love to use tables at events, it's just not always practical. Between the heat affecting vinyl (I've seen it warp right on the platter), the weight, space, and other considerations, it's hard to haul vinyl when midi controllers are so much lighter and give you much of the functionality of tables - minus the 'feel'.

I still use tables on occasion though...
VDJ ASTRO 1:49 AM - 9 October, 2012
I tryed everything and at the end still nothing comes in between me and my technics, they are heavy as hell but they look beautiful in their lighted odyssey coffin. And I also noticed I get a lot more gigs than my other Dj acquaintances, that use other controllers or just mix internal with a mixer.
DJ NoNseNse 5:38 AM - 9 October, 2012
I have turntables and I hate taking them to mobile gigs. I just wanna leave my turntables at home so I'm getting a controller and maybe cdjs.
DJDaveOtt 7:37 AM - 9 October, 2012
Quote:
I have turntables and I hate taking them to mobile gigs. I just wanna leave my turntables at home so I'm getting a controller and maybe cdjs.

I'm just about ready to take the plunge and get a controller for mobile gigs..for most mobile stuff, I don't really need 1200's
dj-freestyle 3:50 PM - 9 October, 2012
The only thing that compares to techs is denon 3900. they are a masterpeice and it you use tt's they are your only choice. they blow cdjs away.
lvmez 4:11 PM - 9 October, 2012
I bring my 1200's to all gigs. No one should be complaining. There are no crates to bring anymore.
DJ Dac 4:14 PM - 9 October, 2012
^+1
DJ'Que 5:11 PM - 9 October, 2012
It kills me that people complain so much about taking 12s out.

They act like there weak and can't lift them.

I been doing full system setups for 20 years full amp racks, dual 18" subs , dual 15" tops and mixing boards.

And if I complained its to my self.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 6:29 PM - 9 October, 2012
Sign of the times.... Lazy and feeling self entitled young DJs...lol
lvmez 6:46 PM - 9 October, 2012
I get a lot of compliments when I take out my 1200's. First thing people ask is where are the vinyls. The set up is is super fast. Setting up my screen takes up most of my time.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:21 PM - 9 October, 2012
Quote:
I bring my 1200's to all gigs. No one should be complaining. There are no crates to bring anymore.

Let the chuurch say amen.

Cats just don't realize.
Laz219 9:24 PM - 9 October, 2012
I always got favourable comments for using turntables as well, it really does seem to get peoples attention.
Unfortunately it also brings out the "can I wiki wiki?" and I get the occasional genius that will make some smart ass comment like "why even bother with those, all the music comes from the computer"
- My brother was DJing one night and had the 'genius' come up who proceeded to stop the record spinning. Sound went dead, whole club turned around. Guy shit himself.
DJ NoNseNse 11:09 PM - 9 October, 2012
It's not all about the weight. I live in Austin and a lot of venues don't have their own gear. I'd rather take my controller in my backpack and set up in 2 mins then lug turntables and a mixer every week down 6th street.
KarbonSOUNDZ 11:34 PM - 9 October, 2012
Guys I need some input on selling my 2 Denon HS5500 w/120gb internal harddrives, denon x120 batle mixer, flight case, stand (all cables) & new skull candy dj headphones. I have a set of Technics and a ns7 I use more. What would u guys say is a reasonable price?
dj_ys 11:35 PM - 9 October, 2012
I don't get the weight complaints. I'm 5'5, 140 and take my techs everywhere with no problem. With good, cushioned handles on flight cases its pretty easy.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:47 PM - 9 October, 2012
Some of you would have FAINTED at the idea of carrying mad crates to gigs....
DJ Reflex 12:38 AM - 10 October, 2012
I hear that! ^

Plus flipping through those crates trying to find that one record you need in about... 4 seconds before the song ends!
Dj K.Smith 4:12 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:

Very true right there... That's a pimp talking so you all better listen.... Lou!!!!!!!!!! Wassup baby?
djransom 5:14 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:

I agree. I made the switch from tables to a VCI 300 from 12-2011 to September 2012. I enjoyed the convenience of the controller, but missed the feel of vinyl. I ended up selling the controller and purchasing some more tables from CL since I had sold mine. That will never happen again.
lvmez 8:13 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Very true right there... That's a pimp talking so you all better listen.... Lou!!!!!!!!!! Wassup baby?

What's good K? You selling cdj's? The world is coming to an end. lol.
phonze 8:21 PM - 10 October, 2012
Still use them no matter what. If it's a gig with hardly anybody there and not much space, I'll likely just set up one and leave the other as a backup. But if it's legit and the pay is very good and there will be a good crowd and a chance to get creative and have fun, set up both.
Dj K.Smith 3:46 AM - 11 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What's good K? You selling cdj's? The world is coming to an end. lol.

Hahahaha... Just getting lighter man.. TT's will be the bread and butter, along with my controller family...
sixxx 6:31 AM - 11 October, 2012
Quote:
Still use them no matter what. If it's a gig with hardly anybody there and not much space, I'll likely just set up one and leave the other as a backup. But if it's legit and the pay is very good and there will be a good crowd and a chance to get creative and have fun, set up both.

This
djdrew3 8:32 PM - 4 January, 2013
Left the game four years ago and now I am returning. Just purchased (2) Stanton St8150 with a 62 and odyssey flight cases to house everything. I have always carried tables to gigs and will continue to.

I dont mind carrying all of the stuff, because like what others have alluded too, carrying all those crates was a complete utter b*tch. So now its only right.
R-Tistic 9:50 PM - 4 January, 2013
I only wish my cases and tables together were lighter. At 43 pounds each, man....that's a workout. Even with a dolly.
DJ Reflex 12:54 AM - 5 January, 2013
Quote:
I only wish my cases and tables together were lighter. At 43 pounds each, man....that's a workout. Even with a dolly.

Builds character... and a few muscles!
DJ Remy USA 5:53 AM - 5 January, 2013
I only use tables at my mobiles. Ive tried controllers they are ok but when Im ready to start going in I just cant get down.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:11 AM - 6 January, 2013
Quote:

I dont mind carrying all of the stuff, because like what others have alluded too, carrying all those crates was a complete utter b*tch. So now its only right.

^This....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:12 AM - 6 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Builds character... and a few muscles!

^^BOOM^^

Kids' these days...
sixxx 1:54 AM - 6 January, 2013
Quote:

You don't carry the dolly. You ROLL the dolly.

:-P
sixxx 1:59 AM - 6 January, 2013
Btw, I still don't get why some DJ's complain about taking and setting up turntables. It really isn't that difficult. The ONLY way I would see it as painful if stairs were involved. Otherwise, face it, you're just being a baby. Oh, and if you say you have a bad back, it's time to stop DJing altogether.

I know three girls who carry and set up their own system that includes turntables. And these are girlie girls!!! So stop making excuses. Just say you're lazy.
Jairen 2:12 AM - 6 January, 2013
^This.
DJ Reflex 5:24 AM - 6 January, 2013
Being a bell-hop wouldn't be a bad gig if you didn't have to carry all those heavy suit cases!
HandsomeRobDJ 2:50 PM - 6 January, 2013
Quote:
I only use tables at my mobiles. Ive tried controllers they are ok but when Im ready to start going in I just cant get down.

Same here, x1,000!!!
djvtyme85 4:20 AM - 10 January, 2013
I'm just glad we all have options. Coming from a era where if you DJ'd all you had was a bunch of crates, heavy wooden cabinet speakers and a turntables etc. It's great being able to simulate it all with a pair of cdjs or a controller.

My day job requires a lot of lifting so weight is a factor but not really cause I can handle it. It's all about how I'm feeling and what I think I wanna do. If its a wedding I'm rocking my cdjs, if its a really party I might bring out the 1200s. And if I see them crate a controller that fits my styles/needs I might I cop it
the_black_one 8:31 AM - 10 January, 2013
some of you are some lazy asses!!!
get in the gym, quit crying, and take them 1200 out!!
jmlbrns45 7:43 PM - 11 January, 2013
Quote:

I don't even have 1200s, but I have str8150s, which are heavier than the 1200s.
DJ Reflex 11:56 PM - 11 January, 2013
elitechoice.org

Talk about a brick...
jmlbrns45 12:15 AM - 12 January, 2013
Quote:
elitechoice.org

Talk about a brick...

that is too damn heavy...lol
sixxx 6:56 AM - 12 January, 2013
Heavy? Expensive!!!!
R-Tistic 11:23 AM - 12 January, 2013
Quote:
Btw, I still don't get why some DJ's complain about taking and setting up turntables. It really isn't that difficult. The ONLY way I would see it as painful if stairs were involved. Otherwise, face it, you're just being a baby. Oh, and if you say you have a bad back, it's time to stop DJing altogether.

I know three girls who carry and set up their own system that includes turntables. And these are girlie girls!!! So stop making excuses. Just say you're lazy.

Chill. All I said is I WISH they were lighter. And yeah, I have stairs and a few narrow hallways at my house, so it gets annoying. And I'm a 5'4 smaller dude, so yea.
DJ GaFFle 1:24 PM - 12 January, 2013
Quote:

LoL... you're right, I do need to get back in the gym. I was practicing on my 1200's yesterday with TTM57 mixer and realized I sound more dynamic when playing on TT's but I just feel 'lazy' in not wanting to haul three separate components into my gig. I'm so use to taking the top off of my NS6, plugging in the USB+XLR's, then spinning. All at less than 45 lbs. I'm gonna try bringing TT's to a gig soon... I'll report back if the setup was miserable or not...

:-)
djvtyme85 9:47 PM - 12 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

LoL... you're right, I do need to get back in the gym. I was practicing on my 1200's yesterday with TTM57 mixer and realized I sound more dynamic when playing on TT's but I just feel 'lazy' in not wanting to haul three separate components into my gig. I'm so use to taking the top off of my NS6, plugging in the USB+XLR's, then spinning. All at less than 45 lbs. I'm gonna try bringing TT's to a gig soon... I'll report back if the setup was miserable or not...

:-)

Customize your flight cases with RCA outs and grab up the the 2 n 1 style made by Road Ready. Stack your mixer case on top and roll out. Self ground your 1200s if they already. Sure it may add 5 more mins to set up but it's virtually the same break down time.

Personally I carry a full coffin and I have a four floor level town home. My studio is up top and I don't let it stop me. No excuses. Even with my lighter CDJ setup that's still a pain. But I do it every gig
HandsomeRobDJ 6:09 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:

P1200X Insanity Workout featuring Hip Hop Crates. Guaranteed to get those extra holiday pounds off!
phonze 6:11 PM - 14 January, 2013
just rent/buy a cart to haul stuff and it should be no problem. im thinking of doing this myself.
dj-freestyle 8:22 PM - 14 January, 2013
To all my djs i cant stress enough grab the cosco 3 in 1 cart. Best dj cart out there for the money and it has wheel for 45 degree angle witch no cart does. Best invetsment ive ever made for my back. Im telling you. changes your dj hauling life lol lol
dj-freestyle 8:24 PM - 14 January, 2013
www.amazon.com

you can get one at cosco sometimes for like 150 or even 100. The wheels for 45 degree hauling are magic.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:24 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
To all my djs i cant stress enough grab the cosco 3 in 1 cart. Best dj cart out there for the money and it has wheel for 45 degree angle witch no cart does. Best invetsment ive ever made for my back. Im telling you. changes your dj hauling life lol lol

Link or it didn't happen...
dj-freestyle 8:25 PM - 14 January, 2013
I posted it.
dj-freestyle 8:27 PM - 14 January, 2013
We have these heavy ass dance cubes at my company and to able to haul and lean it back and have wheels there make life so much easier.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:31 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
I posted it.

Where?
monchi 8:33 PM - 14 January, 2013
phonze 8:35 PM - 14 January, 2013
hell yeah that's what i need. only problem is fitting it into my car along with two speakers, stands, TT's, and a couple of bags/containers. cart looks like a really good investment though. I had a client lend me one from their building while I was hauling stuff in and it got me thinking lol.
monchi 8:37 PM - 14 January, 2013
Put a roof rack plus straps and your goldden.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:38 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
Here www.amazon.com

Damn! Pricey,

But that's a Cadillac of hand trucks though...
dj-freestyle 8:39 PM - 14 January, 2013
Suprising if you lay it flat with the edge that hold sstuff down you can fit it pretty easy. I have a chevy cruze i throw it in sometimes and my boy a nissan thats the size of a gold cart i swear he fits it is. The thing is a back saver and go to cosco. they dont advertise them but they have them in stock most times and alot cheaper then you see online at other places
monchi 8:40 PM - 14 January, 2013
Pricey, a whole lot cheaper than the chiropractor bills......just sayn!
dj-freestyle 8:40 PM - 14 January, 2013
@johnny, my wife grabbed one at cosco onsale for 125. thats a steal.
dj-freestyle 8:40 PM - 14 January, 2013
Once in awhile cosco has them for 99.00 bucks
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:43 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
Once in awhile cosco has them for 99.00 bucks

Yeah, I'm hearing you can catch them for about 100.00

That 277.99 price threw me off...
dj-freestyle 8:44 PM - 14 January, 2013
I just used it for pictures. sorry and really if you look up a good hand cart they are really exspensive so the thing is a steal.
sixxx 10:17 PM - 14 January, 2013
Oh damn. I'm gonna keep an eye out for this one at Costco then. nm
gian13 10:53 PM - 14 January, 2013
i really like playing my turntables at home but i nly used them at a real gig twice and i said never again i'm using these.
1. they are a pain in the ass to carry
2. i was playing at a bar and the dance floor was right in front of me at the same level on the same wood floor. the needles jumped so hard i had to play the whole night on internal mode :(
yeah that's why i'm now looking for a controller. i wanna sell my cdj800's too, they have become heavy , or maybe i'm getting old haha
DJ Remy USA 10:48 AM - 15 January, 2013
Quote:
i really like playing my turntables at home but i nly used them at a real gig twice and i said never again i'm using these.
1. they are a pain in the ass to carry
2. i was playing at a bar and the dance floor was right in front of me at the same level on the same wood floor. the needles jumped so hard i had to play the whole night on internal mode :(
yeah that's why i'm now looking for a controller. i wanna sell my cdj800's too, they have become heavy , or maybe i'm getting old haha

Plenty of ways to solve your jumpy needles. I only play on my turntables from extremely bass heavy places with the shittest of sound proofing. Just carry some towels with you to put under your setup. You can add a little weight to your headshells or actually you may need to take some weight off could be the reason why the needles are so jumpy. You also need to calibrate your serato when you move your setup. I sometimes crush up plastic cups and put them under my turntables and I virtually have no jumpy needle problems. Also better slip mates might a order you may be to heavy handed. Im just saying DJs have been playing on turntables for ages, jumpy needles and all and still rocking shows
gian13 3:08 PM - 15 January, 2013
^^ thanks for the tips man
u get mad compliments when people see u using real turntables but again they're too effin heavy
dj-freestyle 3:49 PM - 15 January, 2013
The ash tray with rubber bands trick works really well to. That has saved me tons of times.
jmlbrns45 6:01 PM - 15 January, 2013
another thing, if the needles are the ones with screws and bolts, make sure that the bolts on both sides are screwed on tight (vinyl turntables). otherwise the needles will skip sometimes
d:raf 1:08 AM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
elitechoice.org

Talk about a brick...

that is too damn heavy...lol

That's nothing... www.forbes.com
Dj Ollie 11:23 AM - 31 January, 2013
To be honest, the hardest part of my gigs is loading/unloading my equipment, so I made it a mission to make it as efficient as possible w/o resorting to changing to CDJs, controllers, etc.

For all you djs complaining about the weight, I got a solution that can help lighten your 1200s:

www.djollie.net

Quote:
Here www.amazon.com

As for my cart, I haul my equip in my Honda Fit, so the cart also has to be compact to fit inside w/ the rest of my equip. I been using the R2 micro Rock n Roller Cart for over 5 years now:

They usually run about $140 - but I just saw this on sale for a Hundo!

www.sweetwater.com
DJ GaFFle 12:07 PM - 31 January, 2013
Quote:
To be honest, the hardest part of my gigs is loading/unloading my equipment, so I made it a mission to make it as efficient as possible w/o resorting to changing to CDJs, controllers, etc.

For all you djs complaining about the weight, I got a solution that can help lighten your 1200s:

www.djollie.net

Neh, not for me... not on a 1200. That metal and its vibration absorption qualities, is part of what makes a 1200 a 1200. Nice thought and suggestion attempt though. The stock absorption material built into the Odyssey coffin isn't enough to prevent bass feedback.

Just a thought... I've seen some people use ashtrays with rubber bands to absorb bass under their TTs. Why not install that sound deadening material sold by car stereo shops to the internals of your 1200s? www.onlinecarstereo.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:27 PM - 31 January, 2013
Quote:
u get mad compliments when people see u using real turntables but again they're too effin heavy

This is consistantly the SADDEST statement that a REAL DJ could ever say.....
Dj Ollie 12:57 PM - 31 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

www.djollie.net

Neh, not for me... not on a 1200. That metal and its vibration absorption qualities, is part of what makes a 1200 a 1200. Nice thought and suggestion attempt though. The stock absorption material built into the Odyssey coffin isn't enough to prevent bass feedback.

Just a thought... I've seen some people use ashtrays with rubber bands to absorb bass under their TTs. Why not install that sound deadening material sold by car stereo shops to the internals of your 1200s? www.onlinecarstereo.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

I was actually thinking about getting that kind of material, but then when I found this works out by taking away weight rather than adding that, it didn't cost me anything and it works... I also add the insulation from the coffin around all 4 sides of the 1200 and 1 or 2 underneath it... Question... Have you tried this out before? Because I wouldn't be using this method, if it didn't work. It would be more of a problem to have my needles skip rather than keeping them lighter...
sixxx 2:57 PM - 31 January, 2013
It's not about the needles skipping per say.

I wouldn't remove that either especially since I find myself in situations where a case cannot be used because of lack of space.

nm
Dj Ollie 3:25 PM - 31 January, 2013
True... But that's why to avoid that, I always bring my own table to mount my coffin on... I never have to disconnect and/or take my tables out... All i need is a 4ft. widespace for the foldup table to fit.
DJ Remy USA 3:35 PM - 31 January, 2013
I guess Im the only guy who puts plastic cups under the foot of the tables? If I dont use cups I just fold some towels and sheets under the tables and the bass problem goes away.
Dj Ollie 3:42 PM - 31 January, 2013
Quote:
I guess Im the only guy who puts plastic cups under the foot of the tables? If I dont use cups I just fold some towels and sheets under the tables and the bass problem goes away.

Hey whatever works to get the job done...
jmlbrns45 3:44 PM - 31 January, 2013
When I'm setting up TTs for a gig, I try to move the sub closer to the crowd and away from me to help keep my needles from skipping
sixxx 4:08 PM - 31 January, 2013
Quote:
True... But that's why to avoid that, I always bring my own table to mount my coffin on... I never have to disconnect and/or take my tables out... All i need is a 4ft. widespace for the foldup table to fit.

Oh no. I'm talking situations where the DJ booth is tiny... no room in there for the cases much less an actual table. lol
sixxx 4:17 PM - 31 January, 2013
If you're up for some fun reading the thread is here:

serato.com

I thought it was the only time he got overly upset. I did some diggin and I found out this isn't the first time he tries to pay for someone's planet ticket to his city. hahahahaha

Check this one out! CLASSIC!!!!!!
serato.com
XCAKID 8:47 PM - 31 January, 2013
I've gotten lazy in my old age. For mobile gigs its all about powered speakers and a controller.

I do still use CDJs or TT and mixer for club gigs though. But then again, I don't have to bring sound and lights to those gigs. :)
sixxx 9:00 PM - 31 January, 2013
Yeah. Brining a whole PA system along with turntables is no fun. I just charge more for the privilege lol

nm
DJ GaFFle 9:23 PM - 31 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.djollie.net

Watchwww.youtube.com

I was actually thinking about getting that kind of material, but then when I found this works out by taking away weight rather than adding that, it didn't cost me anything and it works... I also add the insulation from the coffin around all 4 sides of the 1200 and 1 or 2 underneath it... Question... Have you tried this out before? Because I wouldn't be using this method, if it didn't work. It would be more of a problem to have my needles skip rather than keeping them lighter...

I had a TT w/o it before when I was first starting out. It was my first 1200 and my 2nd one was brand new. The one w/o it always gave me feedback trouble but I couldn't afford cases back then so I didn't know what extra insulation in them would gain me. I have played in extremely bass heavy environments that took a lot of extra's to dampen the bass feedback. Gutting my TT's wouldn't be near the top of my list but I understand your quest to same weight.

Quote:

Quote:

This is consistantly the SADDEST statement that a REAL DJ could ever say.....

Sad but true.
DJ Reflex 1:09 AM - 1 February, 2013
Regular tables or counters at clubs have the worst bass vibration problems. You gotta get your TT's off any flat surface where it can resonate the bass.

May not be possible in all cases, but keyboard stands work pretty well for sound dampening.

Here's my set-up. I've never had any problem dealing with bass, even on a poorly built stage with my subwoofer.

i1148.photobucket.com
Dj Ollie 5:35 AM - 1 February, 2013
Here's my mobile setup that i keep the lighter 1200s in... I have the regular based ones at home w/ no coffin:

www.djollie.net

I wouldnt use these at a club where i would have to take em out of the coffin... Just for this mobile setup-especially when i have to deadlift the bottom coffin on top of the cover... Saves wear n tear on my back...
DJ Dynamite - NJ 3:22 PM - 1 February, 2013
Oh shit... Just realized that was DJ Ollie from Jersey lol
DJ GaFFle 4:18 PM - 1 February, 2013
Quote:
Here's my mobile setup that i keep the lighter 1200s in... I have the regular based ones at home w/ no coffin:

www.djollie.net

I wouldnt use these at a club where i would have to take em out of the coffin... Just for this mobile setup-especially when i have to deadlift the bottom coffin on top of the cover... Saves wear n tear on my back...

Not sure how your lift 'Technic' is but I use to raise one edge of the coffin one or both bent knees, then squat the whole thing up. That made lifting a LOT easier. (nm)
Dj Ollie 4:22 PM - 1 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

www.djollie.net

Not sure how your lift 'Technic' is but I use to raise one edge of the coffin one or both bent knees, then squat the whole thing up. That made lifting a LOT easier. (nm)

Yep that's how I do it, using both handles on the sides...
HandsomeRobDJ 3:01 PM - 7 February, 2013
I Facebook a lot. My habit, when I see a post I appreciate is to "LIKE" it. My reflex was to "LIKE" a series of things in this convo. No "LIKE" button though : ( Oh well, got some good tips anyway. Good lookin out!
phonze 4:31 PM - 7 February, 2013
lol I don't know how Scratch is able to book their DJ's for these department stores that don't have a lot of traffic.
Dj Ollie 7:30 PM - 7 February, 2013
Quote:
lol I don't know how Scratch is able to book their DJ's for these department stores that don't have a lot of traffic.

o    Scratch Weddings recently partnered with Macy’s for over 500 Sip & Scan events nationwide.  We are the leading DJ company in the U.S., so Macy’s selected us to provide the music for their registry events. 

These Macy's events are different than the other store events. Newlywed couples are personally invited to scan their wedding registry items while vendors (caterers, fashion designers, DJs,etc.) assist them on prepping for their wedding... That's usually why it's on the 3rd floor of the Housewares dept.
phonze 7:43 PM - 7 February, 2013
Damn, that's pretty cool. May even be able to get a few wedding gigs from that.
Certified Quality Entertainment 11:21 PM - 7 February, 2013
That's a great idea actually
DJFredSmart 4:04 PM - 8 February, 2013
I just started to use turntables for weddings after years of CD player use.
DJ Reflex 5:24 AM - 9 February, 2013
Quote:

Well done young Jedi.
HandsomeRobDJ 5:30 PM - 18 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Well done young Jedi.

+10
jroc453 7:00 PM - 22 October, 2013
Looks like I'm back to my roots. Sold my CDJ's over a year ago. Bought 1200's again a few year's ago and have only used them out on gigs here and there. Last week I cracked and bought a Sixty two and a coffin for my 1200's. Put my DJM 800 in the closet. And now it looks like my DDJ-SX will be staying home for the most part. Been using my TT's more and more. And once I get my coffin for my sixty two on Friday.... This will be my new setup for now on. Done being lazy and time to bet back in the game!!!
djransom 7:31 PM - 22 October, 2013
I use my Techs on mobile gigs. I gotta get the RCAs replaced on a pair of decks this weekend. Tried to do it myself, but my soldering skills sucked. Got to a gig and the table was pretty bad. Got it back him and took it apart only to realize that some of the wiring had came off.
RobDJ dotcom 7:54 PM - 22 October, 2013
Quote:
I use my Techs on mobile gigs. I gotta get the RCAs replaced on a pair of decks this weekend. Tried to do it myself, but my soldering skills sucked. Got to a gig and the table was pretty bad. Got it back him and took it apart only to realize that some of the wiring had came off.

I put some jacks on my road cases so I'm only hooking and unhooking my cases and not my techs at gigs. Helps protect my techs plus its pretty easy and cheap.
DJ Reflex 12:51 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I put some jacks on my road cases so I'm only hooking and unhooking my cases and not my techs at gigs. Helps protect my techs plus its pretty easy and cheap.

I know it's a bear, but I just have one large coffin and everything is hardwired in. Even the power cable and the XLR audio out is sent to the side of the case. It's heavy, but way easy to set up.

i1148.photobucket.com
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:04 AM - 23 October, 2013
Still using turntables for every gig.... If anything I will instant double with one for quick gigs..... and for super quick functions I would just bring out that Rane mixer.
HighTopFade 2:24 AM - 23 October, 2013
I don't do too many mobile gigs.

But when I do, I use turntables.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:25 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:

Yes sir!!!
RobDJ dotcom 2:35 AM - 23 October, 2013
Still got compliments on my techs again last weekend. They... SCREAM legit and, call it what you want to, give me a competitive edge over the competition.
jroc453 11:46 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I know it's a bear, but I just have one large coffin and everything is hardwired in. Even the power cable and the XLR audio out is sent to the side of the case. It's heavy, but way easy to set up.

i1148.photobucket.com

I want to do this to my coffin when I get it on Friday. I want to install all the wiring and have it all hooked up... power and all. I want to be able to plug in a power cord RCA & XLR's right into the back of my coffin. Does anyone know where I can find a DIY setup and a place to buy all the parts?
jroc453 11:55 AM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:

I want to do this to my coffin when I get it on Friday. I want to install all the wiring and have it all hooked up... power and all. I want to be able to plug in a power cord RCA & XLR's right into the back of my coffin. Does anyone know where I can find a DIY setup and a place to buy all the parts?

And I forgot to mention.... If this can be done without a soldering iron? Just plug into the back of the connectors.
RobDJ dotcom 12:53 PM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Does anyone know where I can find a DIY setup and a place to buy all the parts?

And I forgot to mention.... If this can be done without a soldering iron? Just plug into the back of the connectors.

It can be done w/out soldering but it'd be harder and more expensive. Assuming you're not local to me (can't sharpen the teeth on my direct competition) in Cincy I'd be happy to offer as much help as I could. I have my 1200's in cases and my mixer and SL3 in a third and I modded them all this way. It has made my set up and tear down really simple and I'm really glad I invested the time and effort.
RobDJ dotcom 12:54 PM - 23 October, 2013
Oah yeah, I did mine with parts from Home Depot and Parts Express.
jroc453 1:16 PM - 23 October, 2013
I guess I can solder if i had to. I'm sure I know someone who has one. I'm in South Florida. I wanna have a very simple and clean setup and this looks to be the best thing yet. I guess once i get the case and pop in the Sixty Two and see what room I have I will start to plan it all out. I might have some questions for ya RobDJ....
DJ Dynamite - NJ 2:59 PM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:

made this just for you...LOL
cdn.meme.li
HighTopFade 3:51 PM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

made this just for you...LOL
cdn.meme.li

LOL! Thanks man.
RobDJ dotcom 5:46 PM - 23 October, 2013
@jroc453
Just threw you some info on a PM
RobDJ dotcom 5:47 PM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

cdn.meme.li

We were all thinking it. Somebody had to "say" it. Well done!
DJ Reflex 1:20 AM - 24 October, 2013
Quote:

Yup - Parts Express (.com) will hook you up. Look for anything by Penn-Ecom. IEC plugs, 1/4 and RCA posts, XLR connectors, hinges, latches... you name it. That's where I get all my stuff from. Good luck.

BTW - I just installed an XLR input for my microphone on the TTM57 an also an AUX out for my monitor right to the side of the coffin. No more trying to lift the mixer and hook it up the hard way! :)
DJ Remy USA 3:14 AM - 24 October, 2013
Guess I'm not doing it right I still take my gear out of the road cases and set them up. I just like it really close together the tables and mixer that is.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 3:21 AM - 24 October, 2013
Quote:
Guess I'm not doing it right I still take my gear out of the road cases and set them up. I just like it really close together the tables and mixer that is.

I do the same thing, individual flight cases for both turntables and mixer. Mainly because I work alone and I have to carry everything around myself. It makes it easier when things are being moved individually. More set up time but easier on my back.
HighTopFade 3:25 AM - 24 October, 2013
Quote:
I still take my gear out of the road cases and set them up. I just like it really close together the tables and mixer that is.

It works for me. It's the perfect height on top of half a road case and on top of a Costco fold in half table. Fits in the trunk of a Honda Civic.
 6 5:53 AM - 24 October, 2013
The day I can no longer take my turntables to a mobile gig is the day I will quit DJing.

nm
d:raf 6:19 AM - 24 October, 2013
Quote:
The day I can no longer take my turntables to a mobile gig is the day I will quit DJing.

nm

According to some fundamentalist teachings, even if you came back with a controller and played out every night your statement would hold true... lol
RobDJ dotcom 1:39 PM - 24 October, 2013
I run mobile gigs solo as well. I've got three cases. My TT's and mixer are kinda spaced out by the cases, because of the way I built them. I guess if I wanted to run a traditional mixer right between the TT's setup I'd have to fit them all in one case. Which would be heavy as hell. But my amp racks and speakers are already heavy as hell. So I put wheels on them. I'd build, and roll, the case. Cause throwing and wiring the Techs every time can't be good for them. And sadly we all lost the option of just going and picking up some new ones : (
djvtyme85 1:33 AM - 25 October, 2013
Quote:

i wanna do this to all three of my cases. have male/females on my mixer and tt cases to save my jacks
JDforKing 3:16 PM - 1 August, 2015
I know this thread was started a long time ago. I'm curious to see if any of you guys have changed your opinion?
Mighty Dragon Sounds 3:24 PM - 1 August, 2015
Still two turntables in road cases.... One in each hand.... Mixer and laptop in my backpack on my back..... If I am not setting up speakers I get everything done in one trip!
DJ Reflex 4:38 PM - 1 August, 2015
Me too! Still one big coffin though, but it rolls in on the subwoofer. I just got some new control vinyl too.
WarpNote 5:00 PM - 1 August, 2015
Been a few years since I brought TTs to mobiles. I dont do that much mobile work these days, when I do, I normally bring the DDJ-SX in a flight case. A mix between TTs and HID CDJs at most my venues.
KayPlaya 6:01 PM - 1 August, 2015
1200s for the win every time. If I ever need a second setup I might get the DDJSZ but until then I'm cool with TTs. I actually don't really like CDJs or controllers for that matter
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:13 AM - 2 August, 2015
Stanton ST150, Rane 62 & Pioneer DJ SP1 every Saturday night.

Unlike Mighty Dragon it does take more than one trip as I'm not about to crack a vertebrae.

I've got a Pioneer DJ SX for "other times"
Mighty Dragon Sounds 9:36 AM - 2 August, 2015
Quote:

Unlike Mighty Dragon it does take more than one trip as I'm not about to crack a vertebrae.

I agree with you on that when it comes to them Stantons.... They weigh like 40 pounds already without the cases.

With the PLX 1000s, it's not that bad. Still, I am thinking about getting some of the light weight Krom cases from odyssey.... They weigh like 10 lbs each.
Logisticalstyles 2:50 PM - 3 August, 2015
Still using them for mobile gigs. I have a controller but it's not Serato compatible so it pretty much just collects dust.
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:05 PM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with you on that when it comes to them Stantons.... They weigh like 40 pounds already without the cases.

With the PLX 1000s, it's not that bad. Still, I am thinking about getting some of the light weight Krom cases from odyssey.... They weigh like 10 lbs each.

I might need to buy a dolly for the Stanton's soon.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 9:28 PM - 3 August, 2015
I am looking for separate cases as I'm tired of lugging the coffin. I will do some kind of mod to the cases for easy connections though to cut the set up time.
RonDu 10:07 PM - 3 August, 2015
Still use my tables and bring the SB as a back up. Question tho' - I did a party Friday and Sat and used a Yorkville 18" sub which was positioned about 20 feet away. The bass apparently was so hard that it was messing with the readings on serato but the table I was set up on really didn't vibrate that much. Is there a setting to make it is not so sensitive to the vibrations?

Thanks
RonDu 10:07 PM - 3 August, 2015
* a setting in Serato to make it is not so sensitive to the vibrations?
DJ Reflex 10:23 PM - 3 August, 2015
Yeah, it's in the Setup tab. support.serato.com
DjNicole 6:03 AM - 4 August, 2015
I know I'm a bit late to add to the topic but I'm a strong advocate for turntables at gigs! I started off on controllers when I was 14 and would take them to my gigs at first. Once I was introduced to the world of vinyl I knew I'd never want to go back. Every so often I might take a controller but even for small gigs I try to take my Technics whenever I can. The last time I can remember going without my 1200's I was prego, so I just needed an easier setup LOL.

The setup is definitely longer and heavier but it's not a problem for me. I have the decks and mixer in individual cases instead of one coffin so it's not too heavy and they can fit more compactly into my car. Plus, I think it's worth it when you can bring something different to gigs. I'm very much into Turntablism and the art of scratching. Although, I may not always scratch at my gigs I still love the natural feel of vinyl and the control it brings. I've only once had a problem with the needle jumping and that's when some drunk guy got a little too close. The Technics are heavier than most brands which reduces skipping from vibrations, but I'd recommend a sturdy table and to just tell people to back off. I guess it's not so much of a problem at mobile gigs rather than club gigs.

Overall, yes I use turntables and I think a lot of DJ's should! I understand using controllers for ceremony's or small areas but other than that I don't see any reason not to use them. Keep vinyl alive :)

Btw here's part of my home setup, much similar to my mobile setup except all my gear is in a case and I use a different Pioneer mixer.

instagram.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:06 AM - 4 August, 2015
instagram.com

Sunday night.
RonDu 4:27 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:

I knew it was something in the set up. Thanks.

So I probably would need to play something through my phone/aux while calibrating. Hope it helps. Thanks.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:19 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

So I probably would need to play something through my phone/aux while calibrating. Hope it helps. Thanks.

You can play in internal mode while calibrating
 6 6:36 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
I know this thread was started a long time ago. I'm curious to see if any of you guys have changed your opinion?

Still using turntables.

nm
RonDu 7:20 PM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can play in internal mode while calibrating

Good to know! Thanks *dapz*
BlaxSociety 3:41 AM - 5 August, 2015
Fml I can't even get one single mobile gig. And my issue is my hands are to big for the numark.ns7 what does one do? I wanna indulge in convos such as this. 😇
DJ Remy USA 1:43 PM - 5 August, 2015
^^^this guy
BlaxSociety 8:30 AM - 6 August, 2015
Fuck you weirdo^
BlaxSociety 8:31 AM - 6 August, 2015
DJ Remy suck dicks of USA from cumdrop productions😈😂😁
Mighty Dragon Sounds 11:10 AM - 6 August, 2015
Wait.... You can put emojis in serato posts now??? Where the heck have I been?
djransom 6:49 PM - 6 August, 2015
I bring only the SX to mobile gigs now. I moved in to a new spot and it was either continuously carry the tables and mixer up and down the stairs every weekend, continue to make trips to my parents home to drop off and pick up, or simply go simple w/ the SX. I may change my mind at the top of the year, but as of right now I'm good with the current setup. Sometimes I miss the decks and other times I don't.
DJ Guayo 7:58 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
^^^this guy

lulz...
DJ Remy USA 11:14 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
DJ Remy suck dicks of USA from cumdrop productions😈😂😁

Quote:
Fuck you weirdo^

trollish indeed
DJ GaFFle 11:45 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
Wait.... You can put emojis in serato posts now??? Where the heck have I been?

I guess so...

😀 😁 😂 😃 😄 😅 😆 😇 😈 👿 😉 😊 ☺️ 😋 😌 😍 😎 😏 😐 😑 😒 😓 😔 😕 😖 😗 😘 😙 😚 😛 😜 😝 😞 😟 😠 😡 😢 😣 😤 😥 😦 😧 😨 😩 😪 😫 😬 😭 😮 😯 😰 😱 😲 😳 😴 😵 😶 😷 🙁 🙂 😸 😹 😺 😻 😼 😽 😾 😿 🙀 👣 👤 👥 👦 👧 👨 👩 👨‍👩‍👦 👨‍👩‍👧 👪 👨‍👩‍👦‍👦 👨‍👩‍👧‍👧 👩‍👩‍👦 👩‍👩‍👧 👩‍👩‍👧‍👦 👩‍👩‍👦‍👦 👩‍👩‍👧‍👧 👨‍👨‍👦 👨‍👨‍👧 👨‍👨‍👧‍👦 👨‍👨‍👦‍👦 👨‍👨‍👧‍👧 👫 👬 👭 👮 👯 👰 👱 👲 👳 👴 👵 👶 👷 👸 💂 👼 🎅 👻 👹 👺 💩 💀 👽 👾 🙇 💁 🙅 🙆 🙋 🙎 🙍 💆 💇 💑 👩‍❤️‍👩 👨‍❤️‍👨 💏 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨 💅 👂 👀 👃 👄 💋 👅
Hand Gesture Emojis

👋 👍 👎 ☝️ 👆 👇 👈 👉 👌 ✌️ 👊 ✊ ✋ 💪 👐 🙌 👏 🙏 🖐 🖕 🖖
Pale Emojis

👦🏻 👧🏻 👨🏻 👩🏻 👮🏻 👰🏻 👱🏻 👲🏻 👳🏻 👴🏻 👵🏻 👶🏻 👷🏻 👸🏻 💂🏻 👼🏻 🎅🏻 🙇🏻 💁🏻 🙅🏻 🙆🏻 🙋🏻 🙎🏻 🙍🏻 💆🏻 💇🏻 💅🏻 👂🏻 👃🏻 👋🏻 👍🏻 👎🏻 ☝🏻 👆🏻 👇🏻 👈🏻 👉🏻 👌🏻 ✌🏻 👊🏻 ✊🏻 ✋🏻 💪🏻 👐🏻 🙌🏻 👏🏻 🙏🏻 🖐🏻 🖕🏻 🖖🏻
Cream White Emojis

👦🏼 👧🏼 👨🏼 👩🏼 👮🏼 👰🏼 👱🏼 👲🏼 👳🏼 👴🏼 👵🏼 👶🏼 👷🏼 👸🏼 💂🏼 👼🏼 🎅🏼 🙇🏼 💁🏼 🙅🏼 🙆🏼 🙋🏼 🙎🏼 🙍🏼 💆🏼 💇🏼 💅🏼 👂🏼 👃🏼 👋🏼 👍🏼 👎🏼 ☝🏼 👆🏼 👇🏼 👈🏼 👉🏼 👌🏼 ✌🏼 👊🏼 ✊🏼 ✋🏼 💪🏼 👐🏼 🙌🏼 👏🏼 🙏🏼 🖐🏼 🖕🏼 🖖🏼
Moderate Brown Emojis

👦🏽 👧🏽 👨🏽 👩🏽 👮🏽 👰🏽 👱🏽 👲🏽 👳🏽 👴🏽 👵🏽 👶🏽 👷🏽 👸🏽 💂🏽 👼🏽 🎅🏽 🙇🏽 💁🏽 🙅🏽 🙆🏽 🙋🏽 🙎🏽 🙍🏽 💆🏽 💇🏽 💅🏽 👂🏽 👃🏽 👋🏽 👍🏽 👎🏽 ☝🏽 👆🏽 👇🏽 👈🏽 👉🏽 👌🏽 ✌🏽 👊🏽 ✊🏽 ✋🏽 💪🏽 👐🏽 🙌🏽 👏🏽 🙏🏽 🖐🏽 🖕🏽 🖖🏽
Dark Brown Emojis

👦🏾 👧🏾 👨🏾 👩🏾 👮🏾 👰🏾 👱🏾 👲🏾 👳🏾 👴🏾 👵🏾 👶🏾 👷🏾 👸🏾 💂🏾 👼🏾 🎅🏾 🙇🏾 💁🏾 🙅🏾 🙆🏾 🙋🏾 🙎🏾 🙍🏾 💆🏾 💇🏾 💅🏾 👂🏾 👃🏾 👋🏾 👍🏾 👎🏾 ☝🏾 👆🏾 👇🏾 👈🏾 👉🏾 👌🏾 ✌🏾 👊🏾 ✊🏾 ✋🏾 💪🏾 👐🏾 🙌🏾 👏🏾 🙏🏾 🖐🏾 🖕🏾 🖖🏾
Black Emojis

👦🏿 👧🏿 👨🏿 👩🏿 👮🏿 👰🏿 👱🏿 👲🏿 👳🏿 👴🏿 👵🏿 👶🏿 👷🏿 👸🏿 💂🏿 👼🏿 🎅🏿 🙇🏿 💁🏿 🙅🏿 🙆🏿 🙋🏿 🙎🏿 🙍🏿 💆🏿 💇🏿 💅🏿 👂🏿 👃🏿 👋🏿 👍🏿 👎🏿 ☝🏿 👆🏿 👇🏿 👈🏿 👉🏿 👌🏿 ✌🏿 👊🏿 ✊🏿 ✋🏿 💪🏿 👐🏿 🙌🏿 👏🏿 🙏🏿 🖐🏿 🖕🏿 🖖🏿
Nature
Trees, Plants and Flower Emojis

🌱 🌲 🌳 🌴 🌵 🌷 🌸 🌹 🌺 🌻 🌼 💐 🌾 🌿 🍀 🍁 🍂 🍃 🍄 🌰
Animal Emojis

🐀 🐁 🐭 🐹 🐂 🐃 🐄 🐮 🐅 🐆 🐯 🐇 🐰 🐈 🐱 🐎 🐴 🐏 🐑 🐐 🐓 🐔 🐤 🐣 🐥 🐦 🐧 🐘 🐪 🐫 🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽 🐕 🐩 🐶 🐺 🐻 🐨 🐼 🐵 🙈 🙉 🙊 🐒 🐉 🐲 🐊 🐍 🐢 🐸 🐋 🐳 🐬 🐙 🐟 🐠 🐡 🐚 🐌 🐛 🐜 🐝 🐞 🐾
Weather, Environment and Space Emojis

⚡️ 🔥 🌙 ☀️ ⛅️ ☁️ 💧 💦 ☔️ 💨 ❄️ 🌟 ⭐️ 🌠 🌄 🌅 🌈 🌊 🌋 🌌 🗻 🗾 🌐 🌍 🌎 🌏 🌑 🌒 🌓 🌔 🌕 🌖 🌗 🌘 🌚 🌝 🌛 🌜 🌞
Food and Drink

🍅 🍆 🌽 🍠 🍇 🍈 🍉 🍊 🍋 🍌 🍍 🍎 🍏 🍐 🍑 🍒 🍓 🍔 🍕 🍖 🍗 🍘 🍙 🍚 🍛 🍜 🍝 🍞 🍟 🍡 🍢 🍣 🍤 🍥 🍦 🍧 🍨 🍩 🍪 🍫 🍬 🍭 🍮 🍯 🍰 🍱 🍲 🍳 🍴 🍵 ☕️ 🍶 🍷 🍸 🍹 🍺 🍻 🍼
Celebration
Birthdays, Holidays and Occassion Emojis

🎀 🎁 🎂 🎃 🎄 🎋 🎍 🎑 🎆 🎇 🎉 🎊 🎈 💫 ✨ 💥 🎓 👑 🎎 🎏 🎐 🎌 🏮 💍
Heart Emojis

❤️ 💔 💌 💕 💞 💓 💗 💖 💘 💝 💟 💜 💛 💚 💙
Activity
Sport Emojis

🏃 🚶 💃 🚣 🏊 🏄 🛀 🏂 🎿 ⛄️ 🚴 🚵 🏇 ⛺️ 🎣 ⚽️ 🏀 🏈 ⚾️ 🎾 🏉 ⛳️ 🏆 🎽 🏁
Music and Performing Arts Emojis

🎹 🎸 🎻 🎷 🎺 🎵 🎶 🎼 🎧 🎤 🎭 🎫 🎩 🎪 🎬 🎨
Games and Recreation Emojis

🎯 🎱 🎳 🎰 🎲 🎮 🎴 🃏 🀄️ 🎠 🎡 🎢
Travel and Places
Trains, Cars, Travel and Transport Emojis

🚃 🚞 🚂 🚋 🚝 🚄 🚅 🚆 🚇 🚈 🚉 🚊 🚌 🚍 🚎 🚐 🚑 🚒 🚓 🚔 🚨 🚕 🚖 🚗 🚘 🚙 🚚 🚛 🚜 🚲 🚏 ⛽️ 🚧 🚦 🚥 🚀 🚁 ✈️ 💺 ⚓️ 🚢 🚤 ⛵️ 🚡 🚠 🚟 🛂 🛃 🛄 🛅 💴 💶 💷 💵
Landmarks and Buildings Emojis

🗽 🗿 🌁 🗼 ⛲️ 🏰 🏯 🌇 🌆 🌃 🌉 🏠 🏡 🏢 🏬 🏭 🏣 🏤 🏥 🏦 🏨 🏩 💒 ⛪️ 🏪 🏫
Flag Emojis

🇦🇺 🇦🇹 🇧🇪 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇨🇱 🇨🇳 🇨🇴 🇩🇰 🇫🇮 🇫🇷 🇩🇪 🇭🇰 🇮🇳 🇮🇩 🇮🇪 🇮🇱 🇮🇹 🇯🇵 🇰🇷 🇲🇴 🇲🇾 🇲🇽 🇳🇱 🇳🇿 🇳🇴 🇵🇭 🇵🇱 🇵🇹 🇵🇷 🇷🇺 🇸🇦 🇸🇬 🇿🇦 🇪🇸 🇸🇪 🇨🇭 🇹🇷 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇦🇪 🇻🇳

More emoji flags
Objects & Symbols
Technology Emojis

⌚️ 📱 📲 💻 ⏰ ⏳ ⌛️ 📷 📹 🎥 📺 📻 📟 📞 ☎️ 📠 💽 💾 💿 📀 📼 🔋 🔌 💡 🔦 📡 💳 💸 💰 💎
Clothing and Fashion Emojis

🌂 👝 👛 👜 💼 🎒 💄 👓 👒 👡 👠 👢 👞 👟 👙 👗 👘 👚 👕 👔 👖
Tools, Envelopes and Stationery Emojis

🚪 🚿 🛁 🚽 💈 💉 💊 🔬 🔭 🔮 🔧 🔪 🔩 🔨 💣 🚬 🔫 🔖 📰 🔑 ✉️ 📩 📨 📧 📥 📤 📦 📯 📮 📪 📫 📬 📭 📄 📃 📑 📈 📉 📊 📅 📆 🔅 🔆 📜 📋 📖 📓 📔 📒 📕 📗 📘 📙 📚 📇 🔗 📎 📌 ✂️ 📐 📍 📏 🚩 📁 📂 ✒️ ✏️ 📝 🔏 🔐 🔒 🔓 📣 📢 🔈 🔉 🔊 🔇 💤 🔔 🔕 💭 💬 🚸 🔍 🔎
DJ Remy USA 12:07 AM - 7 August, 2015
Gaffle you have know life LMAO
DJ GaFFle 1:16 AM - 7 August, 2015
Quote:

Where's my middle finger emoji? LoL.
 6 11:01 PM - 7 August, 2015
lmao
DJ Reflex 3:43 AM - 8 August, 2015
www.ascii-middle-finger.com

Sorry - I had to.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 3:59 AM - 8 August, 2015
Quote:

Someone make that meme where there is a guy holding up the hand and goes...

"Whoa..."

You mean "No" and not "Know"
DJ Remy USA 5:07 AM - 8 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

"Whoa..."

speech to text on my phone but thanks anyways lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:01 PM - 8 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"Whoa..."

speech to text on my phone but thanks anyways lol

Oh, you fancy now.....lol.
DJ Remy USA 5:44 AM - 9 August, 2015
instagram.com

Mobile gig
BlaxSociety 2:18 PM - 9 August, 2015
DJ rent a gig stfu. 🚏
BlaxSociety 2:19 PM - 9 August, 2015
DJ rent. The setup looked good, but your camera man sucks balls
DJ Remy USA 5:01 PM - 9 August, 2015
Quote:
DJ rent a gig stfu. 🚏

Looks like Ive got an internet admirer. Your feelings hurt
DJ Reflex 2:54 AM - 10 August, 2015
i1148.photobucket.com
Last weekend...
 6 4:42 AM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
i1148.photobucket.com
Last weekend...

Disco style. Always hated that. lol

Nm
RonDu 7:54 AM - 10 August, 2015
I need some lights and I'll be complete. And maybe another sub. And maybe some powered tops. And maybe....... the options are unlimited....
Logisticalstyles 1:11 PM - 10 August, 2015
I did my first club gig without turntables this weekend. It was pretty boring, and I felt naked without my turntables. The "booth" had no room for turntables. I might have been able to fit just one and even then it wouldn't fit battle style. I ended up using a combination of my Akai AMX and the Serato Remote app.

I had so many people coming up to see what I was using and were pretty amazed that I could mix with just that set up. I probably won't do that again unless it's an extreme circumstance though.
DJ Reflex 6:05 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
i1148.photobucket.com
Last weekend...

Nm

I focus more on mixing than scratching... If they could put the pitch slider on the other side - now that would be the best of both worlds! I hate having to reach over the platters. :)
BlaxSociety 2:59 AM - 11 August, 2015
An admirer yea ok.
BlaxSociety 2:59 AM - 11 August, 2015
<<the competition
DJ Michael Basic 5:43 AM - 11 August, 2015
I've had my custom 1 turntable coffin for years now and its definitely my weapon of choice. TTM57, one 1200 battle style, wheels on one side and a telescoping handle on the other. Load in is easy, the wheels are heavy duty so I can go up and down stairs without lips easily, and stairs that have lips its not SOOOO heavy that I can't carry it if I need to.

Power strip inside and a couple of 6" XLR tails so that plugging into a house system is easy.

I own a DDJSR that I use at my wednesday lounge gig each week, but pretty much everything else I do that I need to bring equipment for, I use the turntable setup with instant doubles.
JDforKing 6:46 AM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
I've had my custom 1 turntable coffin for years now and its definitely my weapon of choice. TTM57, one 1200 battle style, wheels on one side and a telescoping handle on the other. Load in is easy, the wheels are heavy duty so I can go up and down stairs without lips easily, and stairs that have lips its not SOOOO heavy that I can't carry it if I need to.

Power strip inside and a couple of 6" XLR tails so that plugging into a house system is easy.

I own a DDJSR that I use at my wednesday lounge gig each week, but pretty much everything else I do that I need to bring equipment for, I use the turntable setup with instant doubles.

How do you like the ddjsr?
DJ GaFFle 10:56 AM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:

You got a picture of that coffin?
Will08272 12:57 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

You got a picture of that coffin?

I second that inquiry.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:22 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
i1148.photobucket.com
Last weekend...

Nm

WTF - that is Saturday Night Fever wide Ass collar Disco Duck Style!!

How long is that coffin - you have the turntables non battle - a 57 AND room for a mouse - did that originally take a 19 inch wide mixer???

What's the thingee above the mouse?
legacy1281 5:37 PM - 11 August, 2015
Hey Michael Basic.. Where did you get that custom coffin? I would also love to see a picture of that!
DJ Michael Basic 6:03 PM - 11 August, 2015
I got it made at Odyssey...I just went in there and told them what I wanted. Mixer on the left, turntable battle style on the right, laptop shelf, and they made it.

Here's an action shot of it:

scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net

Here are some shots of it when it was new:

DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:11 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
Here's an action shot of it:

Nice Fist Pump Pic Basic!!!

Any of the Heart Hands during the drop???

<runs and hides>

That case is to die for if you can play Instant Doubles - I remember when u first had it made - sweet....
DJ Reflex 9:49 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i1148.photobucket.com
Last weekend...

Nm

WTF - that is Saturday Night Fever wide Ass collar Disco Duck Style!!

How long is that coffin - you have the turntables non battle - a 57 AND room for a mouse - did that originally take a 19 inch wide mixer???

What's the thingee above the mouse?

LOL - It's a beast, but it holds everything I need... including the lighting controller (that thing above the mouse) and all the power cables, audio connections, mic/aux inputs, computer stand, etc. It also fits just right in my truck and rolls nicely on my subwoofer. I might have to be Stretch Armstrong to reach everything, but I like it. :)
DJ Nightmare Productions 3:43 PM - 12 August, 2015
Everytime Every Gig Turntables
DJ Dac 10:59 PM - 14 August, 2015
still using them...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:09 AM - 15 August, 2015
I know who's NOT....lmao.
L'Phonik 5:51 AM - 15 August, 2015
Mobile or wedding gigs i use CDJS, just easier and less setup/tech issues. my turntables even in roadcases always seem to cop a beating during bump in. Now i won't let them leave my place.

Unless someone else is bringing the turntables ... ofcourse i'd rather use them, just dont wanna carry that issh!
 6 5:59 AM - 15 August, 2015
Quote:

Ha! And you get butt hurt when people post something about you outside of its thread? lmao. The irony.

But.... It was funny. lol

nm
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:04 PM - 15 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Ha! And you get butt hurt when people post something about you outside of its thread? lmao. The irony.

But.... It was funny. lol

nm

I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about...

Noone is immune...
Bob Rokk 10:49 AM - 11 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

this....

+1
Bob Rokk 11:00 AM - 11 February, 2019
Quote:
I'm just glad we all have options. Coming from a era where if you DJ'd all you had was a bunch of crates, heavy wooden cabinet speakers and a turntables etc. It's great being able to simulate it all with a pair of cdjs or a controller.

My day job requires a lot of lifting so weight is a factor but not really cause I can handle it. It's all about how I'm feeling and what I think I wanna do. If its a wedding I'm rocking my cdjs, if its a really party I might bring out the 1200s. And if I see them crate a controller that fits my styles/needs I might I cop it

First of All: I LOVE TURNTABLES AND VINYL!! and I'd wish to go in bed with the, but my wife doesn't agree:))
I agree with you..many weddings don't care about turntables, so it's not worth to carry more weight..some weddings care of, and I'm in love with them..
At parties best is turntable, ever..
Lesser events, as 'I need a guy that play music for ambience'..are not for me..buy a radio and turn it on..
Bob Rokk 11:04 AM - 11 February, 2019
Quote:
e

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well done young Jedi.

+11
Bob Rokk 11:14 AM - 11 February, 2019
Quote:
I know I'm a bit late to add to the topic but I'm a strong advocate for turntables at gigs! I started off on controllers when I was 14 and would take them to my gigs at first. Once I was introduced to the world of vinyl I knew I'd never want to go back. Every so often I might take a controller but even for small gigs I try to take my Technics whenever I can. The last time I can remember going without my 1200's I was prego, so I just needed an easier setup LOL.

The setup is definitely longer and heavier but it's not a problem for me. I have the decks and mixer in individual cases instead of one coffin so it's not too heavy and they can fit more compactly into my car. Plus, I think it's worth it when you can bring something different to gigs. I'm very much into Turntablism and the art of scratching. Although, I may not always scratch at my gigs I still love the natural feel of vinyl and the control it brings. I've only once had a problem with the needle jumping and that's when some drunk guy got a little too close. The Technics are heavier than most brands which reduces skipping from vibrations, but I'd recommend a sturdy table and to just tell people to back off. I guess it's not so much of a problem at mobile gigs rather than club gigs.

Overall, yes I use turntables and I think a lot of DJ's should! I understand using controllers for ceremony's or small areas but other than that I don't see any reason not to use them. Keep vinyl alive :)

Btw here's part of my home setup, much similar to my mobile setup except all my gear is in a case and I use a different Pioneer mixer.

instagram.com

DJ Nicole FOR PRESIDENT :))