Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Lost and Unable to Use Akai LPD-8 MIDI controller with SSL1

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
dj izz 12:04 AM - 13 December, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.2
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: pc
OS Version: xp
---

I have SSL1 and running version 1.9.2. My problem is that I don't know how to hook up a MIDI controller such as the AKAI LPD-8. I read both manuals for both products, went online, youtube and spent much more time looking for an answer. I don't know was sup, can someone help me setting this up please?
dj izz 12:06 AM - 13 December, 2009
I seen people using the AKAI LPD-8. hope someone helps??
dj izz 3:59 AM - 13 December, 2009
anyone????????????
Konix 4:51 AM - 13 December, 2009
Well, you just connect the LPD8 to your computer with a USB cable (I'm sure it comes with one). Install the drivers for it if necessary. Then in SSL, click the "MIDI" button at the top of the screen, then move your mouse over the function/button you want to assign (cue points, loops, loading tracks, etc.), click it with your mouse, you'll see a little brown/orange pop up box, then press or turn whatever pad or knob you want to assign to that function.
dj izz 5:47 PM - 13 December, 2009
That's exactly what I been doing. Thanks for the reply, but what also noticed when I reinstalled the driver it asked me,

"For Windows XP users, it will be listed as USB Audio Device. (If you have other USB audio devices
connected to your computer, which may have identical names, you may need to try selecting each one
until the LPD8 is recognized.)."

I think that I will have to get my Laptop fixed because I only get Sigma Tell Audio and some other option, forgot what its called, but no function.

Guys and Galls help, doing something wrong?????
dj izz 9:43 PM - 13 December, 2009
anyone!!!
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:09 PM - 15 December, 2009
Hello izz,

It sounds like you may have tried installing the drivers that came with the Akai?
If so, try uninstalling them via the device manager.

1. Shut down SSL.
2. Click on the 'Start' menu in the lower left corner of your desktop.
3. Right click on My Computer or Computer.
4. Click 'manage'.
5. Click on the 'device manager'.
6. Click on the 'universal serial bus controllers'.
7. Right click on the driver for the Akai and choose to 'uninstall'.
(If your not sure what driver you need to uninstall try unplugging the Akai and take note of what device disappears. Once its gone, plug the Akai back in and you'll then see the device you'll need to uninstall).

Once uninstalled, unplug the Akai, wait five seconds, and simply plug it back in.
Windows should then install its own WDM drivers.
Let it go through that process and then open SSL again to see if you can now map it.

Let us know your findings;)
djad206 12:10 AM - 19 February, 2010
I am having the same problem. I just tried the following instructions and no luck. I'm going to return the one I have to Platinum and try another one.

Ad
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:37 PM - 19 February, 2010
Hey Ad,

Please post your issue in a separate thread and I'll help you out over there.
I'll need to know the specs of your computer but I may have some suggestions other than the one above. Thanks!
1:20 AM, 2 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.