Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Rane TTM 57SL line 1 not showing up when using as a soundcard in DAW

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Mazzeltov 11:31 AM - 2 July, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.0
Hardware: rane-ttm57sl
Computer: mac
---

If I'm not mistaken you should be able to record two pieces of vinyl simultaneously through your TTM 57SL (of course not when Serato is running) in your DAW of choice. This seems to be impossible on my setup since I only get the option to choose TTM 57SL line 2 as a recording source. Line 1 simply won't show up: not in Ableton, not in Audacity nor in the audio settings of my mac. I've tried different combinations in the TTM Record Utility but none seem to affect the problem. Apart from that everything is running fine, both channels are working when using Serato.

13" MacBook
2 GHz Intel Core Duo
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Mac OS 10.5.7
Latest TTM57 firmware

Thanks for helping
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:34 PM - 2 July, 2009
Hello Mazzeltov,

In order to get separate channels in say Ableton you have to create an "Aggregated Device" in the Audio/Midi setup.

Once the Audio/midi setup is open, click on Audio.
Next click on the Audio tab at the very top of your computer screen and then choose to "Open Aggregate Device Manager".

Once open, click on the + sign to create a new Aggregated Device.

Once created you will see the TTM57s ins and outs.
Select all the ins and outs.

Once done, open up your sound preferences and choose 'Aggregated Device' as your sound device.

Now open whatever program your using and choose the same thing in sound preferences.

You will also want to make sure outputs 1/2 and 3/4 are enabled in the sound preferences of whatever program your using.

Unfortunately I think there is an issue with 10.5.7 because I've tested two Macs now and it doesn't look like the computer picks up both 1 and 2 outputs of the 57:(

If the computer won't see these outputs then you won't be able to create an aggregated device that uses all of the 57s outputs thus not allowing you to record two sources at the same time in Ableton.

I was just using this feature prior to me updating to 10.5.7 so I'm pretty confident that its an issue with 10.5.7.
Try it out and let us know.
Mazzeltov 8:54 PM - 2 July, 2009
Tried creating the aggregated device but only output 2 is showing. I guess it really is a 10.5.7. issue because I remember successfully pulling this of when Leopard just came out. I do hope this can be fixed, but I'm glad there's nothing wrong with my TTM57.
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:39 PM - 2 July, 2009
Ya.. I'm with you. I use my 57 when I dj with Ableton:(
nik39 12:31 PM - 8 August, 2009
Has that been fixed in 10.5.8?
Evil_banana 3:09 PM - 10 August, 2009
Had this happening once too. I messed around a bit, but I think unpluggin TTM57, rebooting and pluggin it in again got it working again for me. Hasn't happened since.
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:01 PM - 10 August, 2009
Nik... no.. unfortunately not:(
Mr.Nice 2:10 AM - 27 December, 2009
Any news on when there will be a fix for this?
Mr.Nice 2:55 AM - 5 January, 2010
bump
Rane/Serato - is there a fix for this??
Rane, Support
Zach S 8:45 PM - 12 January, 2010
Hey sorry Nice. Just getting back from a 2 week vaca to spend time with my newborn:)

Unfortunately there is still not a fix for this.
I'm hoping this will get sorted after NAMM this week.
marx 9:21 AM - 25 May, 2010
Any news on this? I've searched but don't see anything really related.
Mr.Nice 11:50 PM - 3 June, 2010
waiting on a fix for this as well
artkiver 3:53 AM - 4 June, 2010
Any word on this? Particularly as ableton integration is coming and I occasionally end up having folks using Traktor with my TTM57SL; it would be nice to be able to give them a Mac option for using the mixer fully instead of *another* sound card cluttering things up when asio4all isn't viable.

I'm a dad of two and understand the time they can take, and with the sixty-eight on the way as well, your time is undoubtedly crunched. But I spent quite a bit on this mixer, it would be nice if the soundcard capabilities were more flexible and supported by more than just Serato.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:22 PM - 4 June, 2010
I feel ya guys.. I am wanting a fix for this as well.
I am applying pressure about this topic where and when I can.
The Sixty Eight has obviously been our top priority.
Now that its out.. I'm hoping we'll be able to work on a fix for this.
marx 4:26 PM - 4 June, 2010
so the 68 isn't affected by this?
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:27 PM - 4 June, 2010
Quote:
so the 68 isn't affected by this?

No.
marx 8:56 PM - 4 June, 2010
cool another reason for the 68
nik39 11:34 PM - 4 June, 2010
Well... that's because there aren't any Core Audio drivers for the 68 out yet. At least not for the public.
DjM@NjOl 6:33 PM - 11 March, 2011
hey guys. Ive got a similar problem with my 57SL and ableton live8.2 .

I've got the Mac OSX ver 10.5.8 I have the 1/2 ins and outs but i dont see the 3/4 ins and outs. i need these in order to cue my songs (to use my headphones). i tried to aggregate a new sound device but i dont have that option in the Audio/Midi setup. Pls help guys! Thanks in advance.
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:28 PM - 11 March, 2011
Hey M@NjOI,

Mac changed something in 10.5.7 and it didn't get fixed until 10.6 came out.
You will be able to see both ins/outs if you update your OS.
nik39 4:16 PM - 16 March, 2011
In 10.6. the procedure has change a little bit, find docs over here

support.apple.com
10:31 PM, 4 May 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.