Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

OS X EL Capitan Release Tomorrow

Deejay Rich 5:21 AM - 30 September, 2015
What's the latest news with Serato DJ will it work with the new OS X EL Capitan releasing tomorrow. I really want to update my mac.

thanks
DJ Baby Boy 6:02 AM - 30 September, 2015
The latest news is that El Capitan is not supported yet and won't be when it's launched ... If you upgrade it is 100% at your own risk and Serato or Apple will not be to blame if anything goes wrong
Davideon 6:53 AM - 30 September, 2015
Just wait.

serato.com
popnwave 9:11 PM - 30 September, 2015
-shakes head-

some...people..
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:05 AM - 1 October, 2015
Hey guys,

We currently don't support OS X El Capitan. As with all new OS releases, we strongly recommend against updating before support is announced, especially if you have upcoming gigs.

Cheers,
Michael.
DJ CL-Shorty 7:31 AM - 1 October, 2015
Hi,

all wait for serato.
Please hurries you.

Thanks forward
Chris
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:07 AM - 1 October, 2015
Pioneer just sent Email out saying they do not support it and sent a list of hardware that has issue with the new osx. And also Serato do not support.

So it's stay the fuck away from it for now haha.
pdidy 9:30 AM - 1 October, 2015
Fuck that let them crash and burn, "failure is the best teacher". Y'all can quote me on that.....lol
BleedR 10:04 AM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Pioneer just sent Email out saying they do not support it and sent a list of hardware that has issue with the new osx. And also Serato do not support.

So it's stay the fuck away from it for now haha.

You mean NI?
Pioneer Works Fine!
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:08 AM - 1 October, 2015
No Pioneer sent out an email. PIONEER DJ sent the email
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:09 AM - 1 October, 2015
Copypaste from the email

Important information about OS X El Capitan (10.11)
Our initial tests show that some issues occur when running the following products under OS X El Capitan. We therefore cannot recommend our customers to update to OS X El Capitan.

DJ Mixer
DJM-S9 / DJM-2000NXS / DJM-2000 / DJM-900NXS / DJM-900SRT / DJM-850 / DJM-750 / DJM-T1 / DJM-5000

DJ Controller
DDJ-RZ / DDJ-SZ

DJ System
XDJ-AERO / XDJ-RX

Remix Station
RMX-500

Multi Player
MEP-7000
Philmixit 10:30 AM - 1 October, 2015
I update my computer to OS X El Capitan (10.11), My NS7 2 is not working with SERATO , so guys Do NOT UPDATE YET!!!
DJ Baby Boy 10:37 AM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
I update my computer to OS X El Capitan (10.11), My NS7 2 is not working with SERATO , so guys Do NOT UPDATE YET!!!

Quote:
The latest news is that El Capitan is not supported yet and won't be when it's launched ... If you upgrade it is 100% at your own risk and Serato or Apple will not be to blame if anything goes wrong

I had to quote my original post just because this is funny to me
pdidy 11:04 AM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I had to quote my original post just because this is funny to me

Quote:
Fuck that let them crash and burn, "failure is the best teacher". Y'all can quote me on that.....lol

they never learn...lol
BleedR 1:10 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Copypaste from the email

Important information about OS X El Capitan (10.11)
Our initial tests show that some issues occur when running the following products under OS X El Capitan. We therefore cannot recommend our customers to update to OS X El Capitan.

DJ Mixer
DJM-S9 / DJM-2000NXS / DJM-2000 / DJM-900NXS / DJM-900SRT / DJM-850 / DJM-750 / DJM-T1 / DJM-5000

DJ Controller
DDJ-RZ / DDJ-SZ

DJ System
XDJ-AERO / XDJ-RX

Remix Station
RMX-500

Multi Player
MEP-7000

Alright, I didn't receive that Email.
900nxs worked with my testing. I guess it depends how and what is connected.
citi 3:52 PM - 1 October, 2015
Also strange that the Pioneer DDJ-SX2 is not on the list but the new DJM-S9 is.
Klasikman 7:08 PM - 1 October, 2015
hey guys!
i updated my mac with the new iOS and now i have some issues with my serrate dj
not stable at all
Klasikman 7:09 PM - 1 October, 2015
i'm using the Rane 61 and cdc 900 (HID mode)
Davideon 7:31 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
hey guys!
not stable at all

Seriously?
Davideon 7:31 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Hey guys,

We currently don't support OS X El Capitan. As with all new OS releases, we strongly recommend against updating before support is announced, especially if you have upcoming gigs.

Cheers,
Michael.

I mean.

Seriously ?
Klasikman 8:07 PM - 1 October, 2015
my bad!
serato dj, (cdj 900)...
but it's working good with scratch live
Klasikman 8:08 PM - 1 October, 2015
i can't downgrade my iOS, so i just have to wait....so guys do not update yet
pdidy 10:21 PM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
hey guys!
not stable at all

Seriously?

naa he's gotta be trolling lol
citi 1:31 AM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
i can't downgrade my iOS, so i just have to wait....so guys do not update yet

Please stop saying IOS. It's just OS. Please...
joe2037 1:49 AM - 2 October, 2015
I'm not sure I understand Serato's business strategy here. Apple has a beta program where businesses can test their software against the new OS to ensure compatibility. I work at a school and the reality is that once the OS is live, students preparing for school will buy a new laptop and it comes with El Capitan so there is no telling them that it is not compatible. Instead, we partner with Apple to troubleshoot our issues ahead of time to ensure a satisfactory experience.

I am not in the market for a new laptop currently but if mine died for some reason and I had to purchase a new one I would be SOL at this point.

Serato, do you belong to any of these beta programs? If not, you should.

Also, if Serato's DJ is having issues does the same go for Scratch Live? Is Scratch Live getting a blessing on the new OS or is the only option Serato's DJ at this point?
D-audi 1:58 AM - 2 October, 2015
Serato DJ 1.7.8 working on a 2012 MBP and a VCI-400 no issues thus far under El Capitan.
pdidy 2:57 AM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
I'm not sure I understand Serato's business strategy here. Apple has a beta program where businesses can test their software against the new OS to ensure compatibility. I work at a school and the reality is that once the OS is live, students preparing for school will buy a new laptop and it comes with El Capitan so there is no telling them that it is not compatible. Instead, we partner with Apple to troubleshoot our issues ahead of time to ensure a satisfactory experience.

I am not in the market for a new laptop currently but if mine died for some reason and I had to purchase a new one I would be SOL at this point.

Serato, do you belong to any of these beta programs? If not, you should.

Also, if Serato's DJ is having issues does the same go for Scratch Live? Is Scratch Live getting a blessing on the new OS or is the only option Serato's DJ at this point?

It is so easy to distinguish between the Newbs/n00bs and the experienced user when this time of year comes around :)
Pachmama 4:28 AM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:

It is so easy to distinguish between the Newbs/n00bs and the experienced user when this time of year comes around :)

Sorry but I felt 'pdidy's comment(s) are very valid and definitely not worthy of a dismissive reply which itself lacks any clarity.

For the record, I have been using SSL since the original version which Rane offered to me, gratis, to endorse - back in the day, so not a n00b as you say.
citi 6:48 AM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry but I felt 'pdidy's comment(s) are very valid and definitely not worthy of a dismissive reply which itself lacks any clarity.

For the record, I have been using SSL since the original version which Rane offered to me, gratis, to endorse - back in the day, so not a n00b as you say.

I have to agree. Ableton is already El Capitan ready. It's one of the reasons I started using it over ProTools. Got tired of the "it will be ready when it's ready". It's a tad bit lazy to not even start working on it until after it's released to the public.

I remember once when an OS was updated and they said not to upgrade (per the norm) because Apple had messed up a driver so we need to wait for them to fix it before we can release a new version. I kept thinking, if you were just more in front of it in the betas, maybe, just maybe, this would have been resolved before Apple released the golden master. Just a thought.
Supermixer2k13 9:07 AM - 2 October, 2015
Yet another reason I bailed on Serato.
Ive. 3:32 PM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:

NI is having the same issues with El Captain: djtechtools.com
popnwave 3:35 PM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:

Then why are you here?
Davideon 4:20 PM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

NI is having the same issues with El Captain: djtechtools.com

As are pioneer and numark.

Must be using virtual DJ with something like a Gemini
serkan 8:59 PM - 2 October, 2015
Steinberg, NI, and Serato (so very huge audio companies) have problems with OS X 10.11 El Capitan. So it's just lame to blame Serato on this.

My experience:

Vestax VCI-380 works as expected with SDJ 1.7.8 and ITCH 2.2.2 without any issues.

Rane SL 2 is being recognized in SDJ 1.7.8 but only stays in THRU mode. No DVS functionality.

Rane SL 2 is not being recognized in SL 2.5.0 which pretty much is the inofficial death of Scratch Live.
serkan 9:03 PM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:

Rane SL 2 is not being recognized in SL 2.5.0 which pretty much is the inofficial death of Scratch Live.

This is just for information though.
I hope Serato doesn't update Scratch Live to be supported on OS X 10.11. It's time that people recognized that it's a legacy product and no longer being maintained/supported.
pdidy 11:20 PM - 2 October, 2015
From a professional working djs perspective who's ONLY priority is djing........

Please explain to me why is it important that serato supports a new operating system on day 1 of its release ?

Why is it imperative that a professional working dj updates his operating system on day 1of a new OS release and what are the benefits ?

What are the NEGATIVE affects a professional working dj will experience if he can not immediately updated to a new operating system ?
serkan 10:59 AM - 3 October, 2015
I don't know. I'm not a "professional working DJ".
If I was one I'd have 2 MacBook Pro's. One for private use with the latest OS and one for "professional working DJ" use with the most stable OS version.

I don't expect Serato to support a new OS release on day one. I actually prefer the fact that Serato is doing proper testing before announcing official support. This was with every new OS version and they always delivered an update that just works.

I'm just offering my experience so the support and the developers can have a look and solve the problems.
citi 5:09 PM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:
From a professional working djs perspective who's ONLY priority is djing........

Please explain to me why is it important that serato supports a new operating system on day 1 of its release ?

Why is it imperative that a professional working dj updates his operating system on day 1of a new OS release and what are the benefits ?

What are the NEGATIVE affects a professional working dj will experience if he can not immediately updated to a new operating system ?

It's not important that they support it day one. I'm a working professional so there's no way I would upgrade my MBP just because. I always wait. But then again, I have multiple laptops so I don't really have an issue.

My only issue is the fact that they don't even begin working on it until it's publicly released. They didn't even send out the warning email until AFTER which should have gone out before the before the public release. Again, I'm smart enough and been around long enough to know this is the way it goes.
dj_old_school wild sound 6:02 PM - 3 October, 2015
well guys i out el capitan on my mac 27 inches model 2013 1 tb 3.4 ghz serato won't even open will free, drivers not recognized as well i have many other dj peripherals like native instruments and logic pro x to much equipment and all the music industry look like they couldn't not cath up with the update but thanks i got the new el capitan if you don't hurry up and get it you will be charge is free now get it now....but advice you will be out of making music or making parties until all updates drivers from all the music industry is up to date.
jvi1700 9:06 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hey guys!
not stable at all

Seriously?

PDouche Why do you have to be such a douche, this is a forum, to help people. If you aren't here to help, go kick rocks. Its ppl like you that make ppl dislike real DJS!
Davideon 9:09 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hey guys!
not stable at all

Seriously?

PDouche Why do you have to be such a douche, this is a forum, to help people. If you aren't here to help, go kick rocks. Its ppl like you that make ppl dislike real DJS!

Tell me about it homes. Thankfully all the fake DJs aren't affected by pdidys comments though.

Eh?
pdidy 1:22 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hey guys!
not stable at all

Seriously?

PDouche Why do you have to be such a douche, this is a forum, to help people. If you aren't here to help, go kick rocks.

Tell me about it homes. Thankfully all the fake DJs aren't affected by pdidys comments though.

Eh?

oh thanks, i missed that one....didnt notice he was talking about me...lol

@ jvi1700, if you were to check my history you would notice i spend alot of time here helping people unlike you. But the part that's got you all pissy is the other 5% of the shit I say.

Yes I intentionally and sarcastically f*ck with people whenever they Do or Say extremely ignorant or dumb sh*t and refuse to take responsibility for their actions.......yep im guilty.

Quote:
Its ppl like you that make ppl dislike real DJS!

Seriously ??, WOW I must be really famous and influential now....lol
dj_old_school wild sound 9:06 PM - 8 October, 2015
Guys I am pretty sure serato again all change the name again remember from icth to scratch live to serato dj between every change of name do you know how many OX system computers goes. Guys remember computer have a short expand life after 5 years always is new graphic computer and bla bla bla guys understand technology the busnissines is sell controllers like is a fashion statement technologies have pro and cons. For instance you use a computer with Ian you might get one drop out on audio on show technology is unpredictable how ever back in the day was a simple record with a simple mixer and no way no how you will never have a audio drop. But them this days you have to drive about one 18 wheler fulll of vynils.....Well some of you will understand my point. So what I am saying each one to its own but instead of critic guys is better close the gap of music between New and old don't matter on what you play. But something about all software's serato traktor virtual dj and the new ones in the horizon. People don't care what you use to play as long you can rock the party that all it matter but if you have issues for now don't update to el capitan me I have the blessing I can do it and I will wait until a new release from serato that use el capitan because I am pretty all the new Mac comming out of the store have el capitan and eventually or they do the update or they will loose money in sales but all you hear from the technical support well we recommend or we working on the solution guys custumer don't want to hear that this days they want solutions quick I feel bad man for the djs that don't understand computers. Well is a new day in music lol
boabmatic 1:21 PM - 9 October, 2015
looks a bit more promising for 10.11.1 ...

ask.audio
PopRoXxX 5:07 PM - 9 October, 2015
Quote:
looks a bit more promising for 10.11.1 ...

ask.audio

This is sounding very promising indeed!
ray dollars 12:58 PM - 10 October, 2015
Damn! I just upgraded to El Capitan and my Twitch controller no longer recognised!

Nightmare!!!!
DJ H BomB 1:22 PM - 10 October, 2015
Hey guys!

I was one of those guys that pulled the trigger and updated to OS X 10.11 before doing my research. However, thankfully, I'm using a ddj-sr and is working perfectly fine with Serato dj. However, I'm not able to pull up most of my music files in the search library. I don't know if this is a related issue to the OS X upgrade
SuperNova Dj 11:37 PM - 16 October, 2015
SX2 with el capitan crash two times tonight! :|
Maybe file corputed on library...
Davideon 7:18 AM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
SX2 with el capitan crash two times tonight! :|
Maybe file corputed on library...

Yeah, definitely couldn't be anything else
PopRoXxX 7:26 PM - 17 October, 2015
I wonder if someone can take a poll on how many times someone has stated that El Capitan is NOT supported yet. From Serato mods to regular users. I bet that number gets quite large pretty fast.
shadow23 7:28 PM - 17 October, 2015
Luckily I can go back to Yosemite. My NS7II is not yet supported yet. So even if Serato DJ works or gets support soon, it's still no good to me.

I'm just hoping that Numark gets their finger out and releases new drivers for El Capitan.
serkan 10:57 AM - 18 October, 2015
I have seen some reports that OS X 10.11.1 will fix issues with audio hard-/software.
So be patient as Apple needs to update El Capitan before Serato can test things and announce support for it.
serkan 9:11 PM - 23 October, 2015
Just tested SDJ 1.7.8 and SL 2.5.0 with OS X 10.11.1
Issues are the same as with OS X 10.11.0 :(
dj_old_school wild sound 11:08 PM - 23 October, 2015
Ladies and Gentlemen: today october 23 2015, will test el capitan 10.11.1 with my 2 set ups yes yes yes i know incompatible but lest help this guys out.

I Will share my info here with you all of my 2 set ups testing i will be conducting this weekend using the BETA version of Serato DJ 1.8.0.7342 date 23 oct by our good friend jason to see if we can help serato team ( serato dj and serato video)

but i will post my results here after my test this weekend my 2 set ups:

Set up A and set up B

A) Set up: 1 (studio set up)

1. iMac 27 inches Processor Intel Core i5 Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz late 2013
2. QU-24 Allen & Heath Audio Interface mixer
3. Rane SL2 (Midi Map to Traktor Z2 Via Controller Editor)
4. Pioneer DDJ-SP1
5. Traktor Kontrol Z2 mixer
6.. Maschine Controller MK2: beat pad maschine
7. Roland FA-06 08
8. Motu MIDI Express XT (Midi Interface)
9. two 32 inches tv LCD Seiki brand

IMAC INTERNAL graphics card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M: VRAM (Total): 2048 MB

dj chepo note: (2048mb = 2gb buffer size on your internal serato dj software set up, if you guys didn't know for serato video set up)

iMac: IS THE MAIN DISPLAY and the two 32 inches tvs are our displays
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color
THE 2 HDMI CABLE ARE CONNECT VIA THUNDERBOLT MY 2 DISPLAY
LE_32GCL_C:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (1080p)
LE_32GCL_C:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (1080p)

B) Set up 2 (DJ on the GO set up)

1. 13 inches Mac Book Pro mid 2012 / 2.9 ghz / intel core i7
2. Rane Sl2 (midi map to traktor z2 mixer via controller editor)
3. Pionner DDJ-SP1
4. Traktor Z2 Mixer
5. FocusRite 2i2 audio interface
6. Startech.com Industrial high speed 3.0 power usb hub

and for the purpose of this test will use also one of my tv lcd 32 inches for serato video but we use on live mobile a epson protector for big parties.

Graphics card Intel HD 4000 1536MB (1536MB = 1GB buffer size on serato dj set up)

what kind of suck serato is focusing in newer computer models and now all this macs we buy about 3 years ago 4 years ago will be outdate to play for serato video that the true, (already see why people go back to virtual dj lol)

i use to play in high quality back in 2012 when i first bought my brand new mac book pro with serato scratch live using the race sl2 and not even a drop of sound was solid now serato video or serato dj now serato dj/video is making older mac not useful because of updates supposed on serato video.

well in order to play serato video in older macs you have to play now in low quality. keep that in mind when buying new macs you will have drops out consequence of that (when they get 3 to 4 years old).......now is all Intel Graphics IRIS on new macs, so this mean my mac book pro computer soon won't play right the serato video it will play now at medium and will have drop outs like crazy and in low you might have one drop out if you lucky.

my best advice when you use old macs just for audio don't even use serato video for older macs is worthless for older macs........so when you buy a new mac keep in mind serato will be good for like 3 to 4 years the music industry moving to 4k technology keep that in mind also. Because soon those iris card on those macs will be good for 4 years lol

also all your music videos don't save them on your lap top get a power usb hard drive and have a back up one too. having your music videos on your laptop increase cpu load.

well guys is friday jam in the garage about to test set up A and set up B so if you have the same set ups this might help some of you.

remember again we testing serato dj beta version 23 oct 2015 with el capitan 10.11.1 with serato video will post results sunday or monday
DJ Fluke 613 11:39 PM - 23 October, 2015
Why do you guys think it will work. Apple can release versions all day long, Serato HAVE NOT RELEASED A VERSIOK THAT HAS BEEN APPROVED. On top your HARDWARE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT RELEASED DRIVERS.

Why do you guys insist on going in circles with each other?
serkan 7:13 AM - 24 October, 2015
It's called testing.
I was curious about 10.11.1 as some sources reported Apple will iron out some audio related issues. In the end it was only some bug fixes for AU plug-ins but worth the try anyway.
DJ Fluke 613 1:52 PM - 24 October, 2015
Even if apple release fixes for audio your hardware (pioneer , numark denon etc) and your software (/Serato) have not released software that works.

Why is this simple logic so hard for people to understand?
dj_old_school wild sound 10:38 PM - 25 October, 2015
Guys i test the set up i told you before set up a and set up be.

well this the issues i found:

the track that you load on the left platter will play at its normal bmp but if you play the same track or any other track on the right platter the bmp go up by 35 ppm.

example is one track i play a track call 'mucho under jowel and randy' it will play at its normal bmp 95 on the left platter if i load the same track on the right platter will play at 130 bmp.

also another issue i notice was as soon i open the software and the software it self will close will have a crash report 2 was created by serato another one by apple.

also drops on audio too will track continue playing but sound will go off.

have to turn off the section where you can put words on your music videos any visual effects you load or lettering will make serato turn of as well if you activate the quantize mode for cue and reload that is locate on the left top side of the software that i have to turn off also.

yes is very unstable.

my opinion many of the new stuff you guys are adding are cool, but is making the software unstable, i know you guys maybe working in a new software facelift to change soon how it look and you guys are putting many features that is cool but don't think need it. i think i use to like more the concept of have all 8 cues on all 8 pads now is kind of confusing between the 4 top pads and 4 bottom pads but hey i getting the hang of it. but still they all acted kind of crazy.

also other thing i notice was the display mode change by it self.

also i notice that even that i analyzed over my 3000 tracks i have when i loaded them it took a while for the wave file to load like it didn't analyzed.

well fellows djs remember this is base on my 2 set ups that i mention early here. so again it might help some one or serato well blessings
citi 4:43 PM - 28 October, 2015
Quote:
Even if apple release fixes for audio your hardware (pioneer , numark denon etc) and your software (/Serato) have not released software that works.

Not sure how this is hurting you. Sometimes, and it has happened before, apple releases a upgrade that breaks the system, but when they patch it in a point release, it fixes the issue. If he wants to test it on a secondary system then he should be able to with getting beat down.

He didn't update your system...
DJ Fluke 613 8:04 PM - 28 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure how this is hurting you. Sometimes, and it has happened before, apple releases a upgrade that breaks the system, but when they patch it in a point release, it fixes the issue. If he wants to test it on a secondary system then he should be able to with getting beat down.

He didn't update your system...

???

You don't get the point, no where does it say Capitain is supported, Serato and other manufacturers (Numark, Pioneer, Denon) sent out emails and posted on their website that it dosent work. NUMEROUS dj sites (djworx, digitaldjtips, djtechtools) posted what I just said that all these manufacturers and software companies posted that IT DOES NOT WORK, UPGRADE AT YOUR OWN DISCRECTION. WE DONT REOCMMEND. Hey man if you missed all these signs, including all the facebook, insta and twitters feeds, then you and all these people who are defending their stupidity, should not be djing or should not be part of this business.

You infest the forums with the most common shit that is just a click away from you to find out that it dosent work, however you feel the need to post on a software companies forum when they already told you numerous times (see above) that it dosent work.

Until then :

1. downgrade
2. live with it
3. move on
DJ Fluke 613 8:07 PM - 28 October, 2015
go search how many topics exists about El Capitain not working.

WE ALREADY KNOW, THE PERSON YOU ARE TRYING TO TELL (serato) THAT IT DOSENT WORK, ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT WE DONT SUPPORT IT YET, HANG TIGHT.

But that's not enough, let's open another thread to that software company to tell em, hey man I upgraded as im a rookie and it dosent work. I know you told us a few times and your against it, so is my hardware manufacturer, however I just had to update as I have nothing better to do.
pdidy 10:06 AM - 29 October, 2015
I agree but Some people will never get it DJ Fluke 613.....lol
Culprit 5:11 PM - 29 October, 2015
hey ladies, lets not all get out of hand in this sowing circle we have created. It's cool to test, and always cool to post feedback, just dont use it live.. mm kaaayy???
Drewbdo 6:19 PM - 29 October, 2015
Wow...

I'm still on OS X 10.7.5 Lion on my primary DJ laptop, and OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion on my back up laptop. No Mavericks, Yosemite, or El Capitan... strangely enough, SSL and the Rane 57-TTM works fine, as does the DDJ-SX.

No shirt, no shoes, no upgrades, no worries. :-) lol
pdidy 6:22 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
It's cool to test, and always cool to post feedback,

oh really, oK today I took a shit to test to see if it's smelled like shit. All of the previous reports confirmed that it should smell like shit or that it would smell like shit but we still need to test again And provide feedback.

Now I'm here to report my findings and feedback, yes it smelled like shit.
DJ Fluke 613 6:57 PM - 29 October, 2015
Lol
citi 8:24 PM - 29 October, 2015
Look, I hate that I have to qualify myself: I'm a professional DJ that works at least 3-4 times a week. I don't update anything until I get the OK from all of my software apps. But that's not what my comment was about:

There is something wrong with you guys. You are very angry...and really misdirected. Some guy wants to test his system and it's not doing anything to you and you get all twisted? Get off your high horses. It's not "FLOODING THE FORUM" It's flooding one post, that is relevant to the actual post. If you don't like what people do, why are you on this post?

The update will be out when it's out and I'm cool with that but it doesn't bother me a bit if someone wants to mess with their own stuff.
Klasikman 11:13 PM - 1 November, 2015
i downgrade to Yosemite long time ago...now i can do all my gigs...will never update in advance...i learnt my lesson
hersh20 1:57 AM - 2 November, 2015
i have a brand new MBP just came in the mail friday, with El Capitan. there was also an update to el capitan not long ago which had a bug fix for "audio unit plugins" which i installed.
I put SDJ 1.8 on the comp, ran it and used it with my 57mkII. Worked fine for an hour. i closed it, reopened it and had no issues. Maybe this "audio Plugin" update was what el capitan needed.
PopRoXxX 6:14 AM - 2 November, 2015
It's because the 57mkII doesn't need a driver.
DJ Trice 6:32 PM - 2 November, 2015
All devices needs a driver (generic or dedicated).
Os don't requires a driver because this one is packaged in SDJ.
But if you plug your sdj device before installing SDJ, your os will require you the driver
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 9:47 PM - 23 December, 2015
Hello All,

Class compliant Numark DJ controllers should have no issue connecting to Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and are supported.

As a reminder, we do not recommend updating to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until your Numark product is listed as compatible from this article - www.numark.com

As for our older Numark products that require a driver download, Numark is currently testing out the latest El Capitan drivers for your Numark controllers. Now that all that current Numark products are supported, NS6 support is currently our top priority then followed closely by the NS7, 4TRAK and V7, based most importantly on the number of users out there. We're currently active in our third round of testing.

As always, as soon as the driver is ready, we will post the driver on the appropriate product pages.

Thanks!
AstroN8 7:22 PM - 3 February, 2016
@NumarkChris How soon can one expect an El Capitan driver to support the NS7 Controller?
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 7:46 PM - 3 February, 2016
Quote:
@NumarkChris How soon can one expect an El Capitan driver to support the NS7 Controller?

Hello AstroN8,

I won't have any information on the forum regarding the availability of the driver for your NS7. For information on driver availability, the Serato and Numark forum is not the place to answer or find this. Keep checking the NS7 product page for any further driver updates - www.numark.com.

As I posted above, you can check that article there for any El Capitan driver updates for our Numark products - www.numark.com.

Thanks!
Numark
NumarkCorey 7:30 PM - 16 May, 2016
Hi Everyone!

As Chris had mentioned earlier, Numark has been busy working on new drivers for the NS7, NS6, 4 Trak and V7 to support the latest versions of Mac OS X 10.11/El Capitan.

I'm glad to announce that all of these drivers have been officially released with the 4Trak and V7 drivers being released today!

To download the latest drivers, navigate to the respective product page and look for the available download link under the Downloads section on the right side of the page.

www.numark.com

Thanks!
Culprit 8:05 PM - 16 May, 2016
Awesome, thanks Corey!
dj_old_school wild sound 12:06 AM - 2 July, 2016
where the latest beta for SL2
boabmatic 7:21 AM - 2 July, 2016
Get them here ...

dj.rane.com