Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Best controller with full Serota Video Support

DJ JaySmoke 5:27 PM - 18 June, 2015
Am looking at getting into the VJin industry but I currently hv the numark mixdeck which doesn't have full support for serato video. I am looking at purchasing the pioneer DJ SX2 but am not sure if it supports serato video fully including crossfade etc. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you.
popnwave 1:46 PM - 19 June, 2015
NV supports video just fine, it's more about if your laptop can handle it. The crossfader is easily linked in Serato Video on most (SDJ supported) controllers from the past 2 years.
DJ JaySmoke 7:21 AM - 20 June, 2015
Hi PopnWave, kindly explain the abbrv for me :) am not used to them.
DJ Tecniq 9:11 AM - 29 June, 2015
Quote:
Am looking at getting into the VJin industry but I currently hv the numark mixdeck which doesn't have full support for serato video. I am looking at purchasing the pioneer DJ SX2 but am not sure if it supports serato video fully including crossfade etc. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you.
what exactly do you mean by full support? Cause here it says your deck is compatible for serato video if you upgrade to SDJ
serato.com
DJ JaySmoke 11:48 PM - 29 June, 2015
Crossfade doesn't work on Mixdeck

Quote:
what exactly do you mean by full support? Cause here it says your deck is compatible for serato video if you upgrade to SDJ
DJ Tecniq 7:25 AM - 30 June, 2015
Quote:
Crossfade doesn't work on Mixdeck

Quote:
That sucks then it's kind of misleading if it says its compatible. It's of no use if it doesn't crossfade.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:43 PM - 30 June, 2015
The crossfader will work with the MixDeck Quad ........
DJ JaySmoke 9:45 PM - 1 July, 2015
Quote:
The crossfader will work with the MixDeck Quad ........

Oh ok! Thanks
DJ JaySmoke 9:47 PM - 1 July, 2015
Quote:
That sucks then it's kind of misleading if it says its compatible. It's of no use if it doesn't crossfade.

Yeah it does. Cause I bought the serato video cause I saw my controller in the list. Only to confront the tech team and they told me that the problem is from numark not serato.
DJ Tecniq 12:27 AM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah it does. Cause I bought the serato video cause I saw my controller in the list. Only to confront the tech team and they told me that the problem is from numark not serato.
eh if the Numark indeed says it's Serato Video capable and doesn't specify about the crossfader then yes it is Numark's fault. If not then that's Serato's deal and they should either reimburse you or fix the issue. I'd find out the real cause👍🏻💯
DJ JaySmoke 9:12 AM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
eh if the Numark indeed says it's Serato Video capable and doesn't specify about the crossfader then yes it is Numark's fault. If not then that's Serato's deal and they should either reimburse you or fix the issue. I'd find out the real cause👍🏻💯

But de misleadin info is found on de sera2 video page. Dey say compatible but dey don't say not fully compatibile. Don'think da is numark's fault.
DJ JaySmoke 10:28 AM - 2 July, 2015
Check out the thread here --> serato.com
DJ Tecniq 6:37 PM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
Check out the thread here --> serato.com
Weird he basically told you it's not compatible but in the description it says it's Serato video compatible. I see that as a typo in their part. They should edit that description cause the meaning of video mixing is to crossfade. So yes it's useless.